JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: ChrNo - Za Story of Noisy Hipstaz (THE OFFICIAL ANTHEM of JPH!P)

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1835835 times)

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
Re: [KOR] So Nyuh Shi Dae / 소녀시대 / Girls' Generation
« Reply #680 on: January 09, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »
KEKEKE These are Hilarious

Credits:bestiz+daum+cronoa88+leesungmin_x3@ambn+soompi

Ava+Siggy by heygingersnap+kamisaka @ AMBN^^

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #681 on: January 09, 2008, 01:14:15 PM »
XD lol at that comic strip thing. Freaking hilarious for sure! :lol:

Koha and Seo both represent the young talent in their groups, innocence in a way I suppose [...]
Sure, but it's still like WTF? :? I mean koha is totally confuzzled and hyper while Seo is calm like a sleepin kitten. I'd say they're as far from eachother as you can get when it comes to looks and personality. Anyway, that discussion can go on forever and I will never agree with anyone of you. Plus I don't like comparing people to people. Everyone is unique, especially our korean girls. :love:
[/url]

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #682 on: January 09, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »
I don't think it was that much about comparing people to people, but comparing roles to roles... :lol: Like, Taeyeon & Aichan role is the same... Yuri & Rika role is the same.. YoonA and Sayu are the cute girls with not the strongest vocals (and YoonA has the model shoots whereas Sayu has her PBs)... Yossi and SooYoung are the kind of relaxed but funny type, maybe even a bit boyish but that depends on who you ask... Sunny and Mari are both somewhat underused vocal talents, but I also see Sunny more as Makoto than Mari, tbh (except Sunny gets more lines)...

I don't know how Reina and HyoYeon fit though... I don't really see a resemblance there.

I think I use "..." too much :lol:

EDIT: What I meant was, Yossi and Sooyoung's role is kind of the "tomboy" role, Sunny/Mari the back-up vocal role, YoonA and Sayu the cute idol role
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:59:33 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #683 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »
I don't really know much about SNSD girls yet but from what I've seen so far I do see some resemblance between Hyoyeon and Reina because what Hyoyeon said in this article about training her natural instincts reminds me of how Reina's yankee attitude comes out once in a while. However, I don't seen any resemblance at all between Ai-chan and Taeyeon except the leader role. Taeyeon seems pretty crazy and creative in her own way while Ai-chan... (but don't get me wrong, I love Ai-chan)

Those pics made me lol too, esp. the comic string and the Yuri/Yoona eating one xDDD

Btw, does anyone know of any sites with SNSD fanfics that is not Ambition(since I can't register)?

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #684 on: January 09, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
lol@the Yuri-Yoona eating pic. XD

* tama-chan kicks Sev in the face.
I did say roles too!!!!

With Reina and Hyoyeon, I've tried some babblefish, and it said something like they shine when they dance. I've never noticed how Reina is like when she's dancing :P. So I wait for drifoy to see what he thinks about this.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #685 on: January 09, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
* Sev Licks tama's shoe sole
I read what I wanted to read, OK?!!

Roles here, roles there. I still think this is being overanalyzed. People make roles and I still don't think there's much resemblance between any of the girls OR THE ROLES. So I'm just gonna leave this talk to you guys. Nuff said!

Taema sole doesn't taste as good as Taepop. :cry:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 03:05:42 PM by Sev »
[/url]

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #686 on: January 09, 2008, 04:24:42 PM »
From Park Kyung Lim's Wonderful Outing preview;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBbZTDTmt-U

Yuri is so violent :heart: XD.

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #687 on: January 09, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »
Hyoyeon = Tanaka Reina
확실히 댄스로 이미지가 떠오르는...
레이나는 댄스로 센터에 내세울 정도로 정말 열심히 하고 효연은 뭐 댄스퀸이니..

Such a coincidence too with MM faves and SNSD faves of some of us (like me, Stryfe and drifoy). No wonder why they're our faves, eh? :lol:

i never thought of matching hyo and reina until now...

i chose hyo according to my preference, which is i like her for she seems to be a tough girl or looks tough at least and she have some cool vibe in her. now that this is brought up, these preferences are obviously heavily influenced by reina, which is inevitable since i like reina and it is just natural for me to want someone similar to her. i'm just surprised by the fact that in this case my preference on choosing a fave is consistent.

but yes, the reina and hyo hardly fits couldn't be neglected, after all they both have differences... IMO reina is confident with her body hyo isn't, reina has less cutesy attitude than hyo and so far reina is more carefree than hyo. on the dancing part, as tama have pointed out basing on the partial translation, the only thing i can find that reina and hyo shares is the strength and intensity of their dancing something along the lines of they both make sure that they give it all on every perf, which i really like.

hyo  :heart: reina : in glasses version XD

did hyo just knocked out both tiff and flexilicious on those gifs? damn!...man...  :lol:
I :heart:Reina and Seo Hyun | I :heart: Kpop

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #688 on: January 09, 2008, 08:29:04 PM »
The Sica/Miki is sooooo right.  :lol:
YoonA/Sayu, not really. YoonA is way better than Sayu with the singing :P But still, they're really pretty so it's okay XD

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #689 on: January 09, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
I still think this is being overanalyzed.

yeah, I never really thought of comparing them(except maybe sunny and makoto) but just going through the pics I was able to think of some similarity. But the more you analyze the more things you find different and/or similar.

And to defend aichan, she has a hidden crazy personality :lol: Any aichan fanboy could see that :P The main difference between her and Taeyeon is that Taeyeon easily shows it on camera.

The main similarity is that they both can make me weak at the knees with their sweetness XD

Anyways, can't wait to see that PKL's Wonderful Outing, seems more entertaining than the last one since I couldn't understand a thing XD
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:58:44 PM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #690 on: January 09, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
Just watched the preview to Wonderful outing, hilarious.  seems like so much fun. 

oh and about the Jessica/ Mikitty thing is DEAD ON!  i think everyone would've agree. 

and speaking of SNSD/MM comparison and rumors of them debuting in Japan,  i just wanna share my thoughts for a moment.

about them debuting in Japan....  i also think that it might be too sudden.  They just debuted last year and is still a rookie group, albeit a good one.  It just that they only obtain fans and popularity in less than a year.  they should stay and promote in korea and obtain a stronghold and sustain their popularity in korea before actually debut into japan, cuz japan activities would take up alot of time and effort and in the meantime they might start losing popularity in Korea while in Japan.

Just look at BoA and DBSK, when they started promoting in Japan, they don't even have alot to time to work on their korean activities that much, if not all.  they've been so busy in japan. 
Just release a couple more albums and singles and promote those then we'll see...

i do want to see them in Japan and become successful,  and i think that their pop style of music would have a good chance, too. As a fan, I definitely want to see them succeed.  But that also kinda worries me about something else....

SNSD is a 9 member all-girl pop group from korea and is currently one of the most popular korean girl group.  If and when they debut in Japan, they would almost undoubtly be compared to Morning Musume, Japan's currently best-selling top All-female pop group.  It's a given, unavoidable.  i think that some of u guys probably don't like to do compare this like that (sorry, hehe) but this is what would happen.  They would have something like "Daughters of Japan VS Daugthers of Korea" kinda news if they were ever to meet, like appearances on shows or on the charts, releasing in the weeks or something like that.
and as a fan of both groups, kinda makes me stuck between a rock and a hard place if there ever was a "situations" of rivalry between them.

But.... then again, maybe rivalry is good for them?  I mean MoMusu haven't have any strong rivals as a all-female pop group in a while (since both BK and C-ute are younger and part of the H!P stable, i wouldn't count them as one...yet, but we all know that there coming up there as well).  And people say rivalry creates a motivation to be better than their opponents and leads to great potential and strength...

Maybe if a group like SNSD were to appear in Japan, this rivalry would make them both stronger and then we'll see some fireworks! (meaning the explosive blast of great music and performances on stage and tv and in PVs and such. 

and the idea of them on stage together, performing together, whether battling or just performing, sounds so good, no?

oh and according to wiki.theppn.org, soo young mentioned that she's a fan of MoMusu, wondering if there's anything mention on tv, video clips or photos....  i'm actually just curious, hehe...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:35:26 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #691 on: January 10, 2008, 03:08:33 AM »
I just wish them all the best tho in korean and in japan
if they're bout to debut in japan I just wish they got diff style (not cutie2 hahaha ep not like MM coz I dun want them to be compared again...both have their own uniqness and style^^ I like both group but I kinda dun want to compare them)

MAKING KISSNG YOU MV

Taeyeon & Tiffany at PJA Radio

^
dang I want Tiff long hair back
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:13:59 AM by BeLLisima »

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #692 on: January 10, 2008, 05:51:04 AM »
^but sadly, the cute is what japan likes, at least the older boys  :lol: my guess is that they'll have the same style if they debut in japan XD

MY GOD HAE  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
He's looking so gaynice  :lol: My fishyyyyy  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Can't wait for the MV  :muffin:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #693 on: January 10, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
^^ Taeyeon + Tangarines = BEST!

Can't read korean so I'm going to assume they were celebrating my birthday with the cake XD

As for Japan, I hope they don't go there too soon. But if they do please don't change their style too much, I like them the way they are. :/ The fact they're the only Korean group that I really like says something I think.

As for the the Kissing You MV, the song's not one of my favorites, but the MV looks Taepop lickingly sweet! I could feel my teeth rotting away already. Anything with them kissing lolipops is going to be great :lol: They better have them when they perform live!

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #694 on: January 10, 2008, 09:10:11 AM »
I don't think changing styles to something other than cute would help them not being compared to MM. With the size of the group, they will be compared no matter what. Not just SNSD. Any Asian girl groups with more than 6 members will get compared to MM. But from what I've seen, there was no blatant comparison from the media there? They just sort of linked these two group together as being similar? I don't see anything wrong with that.

Another Kissing You Making Of news clip (this one is longer);

The MV looks so sweet, but it seems like the 2nd Girls' Gen to me. And I still think that the song doesn't have enough impact for live performances, but I'll wait to see it this Sunday.
...I'm looking forward to the next single already. :lol:

How tall is Donghae by the way? He seems so small even with the girls.

eta: I just noticed that Tiffany isn't in any scenes with Donghae in those vids. Is it just camera angles, or does this mean that she gets a solo scene with him?

It's not really heels, but 172 isn't tall at all for guys these days. Sorry, SITS. :P
v
v
v
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:05:41 AM by tama-chan »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #695 on: January 10, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
According to wiki.theppn he's 172cm.

taller then me...

it's the heels >_>

Anyway, yeah the comparisons with momusu are inevitable

Edit: ^ I blame my 5ft tall mother >_>

But I'm still taller than the majority of the asian girls I've met and the majority of the girls in the group so all is good in the world.

I'll just beat the taller guys with my charming personality and good looks...

wait...

Some girls like short men right? right? <_<
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:31:40 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #696 on: January 10, 2008, 10:29:37 AM »
hyoyeon has huge thighs, everyone else has skinny thighs

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #697 on: January 10, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »
Actually I find that most of them have pretty nice thighs for their slim bodies. (I noticed a lot of Korean girls have very nice proportions), Espically Yoona who is really skinny, but seems to not suffer from chicken legs. The only one I think has skinny thighs is Sooyoung, but she makes ups for it in leg length...

hyoyeon is just naturally thicker than the rest so naturally her thighs are thicker. Plus she's a strong dancer, who usually have strong thighs.

If you want thick thighs on a Korean girl, you should see my friend >_> who you'll never see...

PS. Yay for spamming the thread with useless babble!

Offline BeLLisima

• Member+
« Reply #698 on: January 10, 2008, 10:56:15 AM »
hahaha yeah Hyoyeon has bigger thighs than other gals coz she's a dancer
since FOREVER hahaha

btw on the new maing mv did u guys see that Donghae put his head on teaeyeon's shoulder WAAAAAAA

DO NOT HOTLINK OR I'll HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!

Donghae with SNSD gals in Kissing You Mv

^
hmmmm I think this will be 2-2-2-2-1 so there should be Tiffany-DH scene hahaha

credits:tmd_19
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:24:06 AM by BeLLisima »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #699 on: January 10, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
I found a video of those police/security or whatever those guys are dancing to Girl's Generation XD

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=pOGoaKWgt5M$

I believe they also danced it with the girls on Starking

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: ChrNo - Za Story of Noisy Hipstaz (THE OFFICIAL ANTHEM of JPH!P)