JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Machikado -on the corner-

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 999108 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #580 on: June 24, 2010, 08:44:41 PM »
^
^
That looks adorable! The battling kind of reminds me of Eternal Sonata ... hmm. XD;

Aah.. this makes it difficult, though. Do I go for the DS version or the PS3 version... will this be good enough to get both versions? Haha. I wonder what the differences between the two versions will be.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #581 on: June 24, 2010, 08:52:49 PM »
Any game that has Joe Hizashi doing the score is instant win, I'll get PS3!!! if.. I have one by then.. XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #582 on: June 24, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #583 on: June 25, 2010, 02:06:33 AM »
2010 Blizzard Global Writing Contest

Do you dare test our judges' optic mettle, laying your ideas and dreams beneath their unblinking gaze? If so, submit a 2,500- to 7,500-word short story written in English and set in the Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablo universe by August 23, 2010, and earn your chance to visit the Blizzard headquarters and meet the writers and staff behind the lore of Blizzard's games and books.

Award Categories:
  • Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will receive a trip to Blizzard's headquarters in southern California, where you'll meet and eat with the Blizzard writing staff. You'll also receive your choice of a Diablo III "OVERTHROWN" barbarian diorama or a Frostmourne sword.
  • Runners-up: Seven runners-up will each receive a prize package of the Diablo Archive, the Warcraft Archive, the StarCraft Archive, and the Warcraft: War of the Ancients Archive, all signed by Chris Metzen, the cover artists, and Blizzard's writing staff.

Source: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/contests/writing2010/

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #584 on: June 25, 2010, 02:20:17 AM »
^
Will they pay for my plane ticket if I win, or is it open to US citizens only? :P    ....   not that I have much short story creativity power in me, but it's almost worth wasting time on if I could get to go to California. :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #585 on: June 25, 2010, 02:25:57 AM »
^
Will they pay for my plane ticket if I win, or is it open to US citizens only? :P    ....   not that I have much short story creativity power in me, but it's almost worth wasting time on if I could get to go to California. :lol:

From the Rules:
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, FRANCE, BELGIUM, UNITED KINGDOM, LUXEMBOURG, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SWEDEN, FINLAND, DENMARK, NORWAY, SPAIN, IRELAND, RUSSIA, THE NETHERLANDS, SOUTH KOREA, TAIWAN, HONG KONG AND MACAU

:yep:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #586 on: June 25, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
And here's a DS PV.
It'll be out coming December, while PS3 will be in 2011. Hoping to get the PS3 ver for the graphics.
Checking out the gameplay, DS looks more classic DQ. While the PS3 reminds me of Tales of Vesperia.

Check the great voice cast!
Darn. I'm torn between buying the japanese version for the voices, or the english version to actually understand the story...)
Nagasawa Masami-chan~~ :wub:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #587 on: June 25, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
lol so ghetto!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #588 on: June 25, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
Ni no Kuni looks amazing! The closest resemblance I think is to DQVIII, what with the the animated graphics and the slightly non-threatening cutesy monsters. I didn't know they were making a PS3 version though. Think I'll stick to my guns and get the DS version. In fact, the trailer for the DS version makes it look like it has a certain charm all on it's own.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:21:08 PM by Tuffty »

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #589 on: June 25, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »
Aaaugh, that has to be the most adorable promotion video for a DS game ever XD; It looks really sweet :D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #590 on: June 25, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
It reminded me of DQVIII too! Level 5 also developed that game. And DQVIII being the first DQ game that I seriously played, I loved it to bits. :heart:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:28:38 PM by winner »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #591 on: June 25, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
Sorry mate! :nervous DQVIII was great. Loved moving around the world map and listening to the music. And Yangus! :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #592 on: June 25, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
Everyone's favorite blue hedgehog with attitude is turning 19, and we'd like you to help us celebrate! Take part and you could win the ultimate birthday gift – a free trip for you and a friend to Tokyo, Japan, to visit SEGA, meet the Sonic Team, and get some exclusive playtime with Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I!

To enter, create a video showing off your love for Sonic! You could run down the street dressed as the blue hedgehog himself, paint a massive Sonic mural in your hometown, build Green Hill zone entirely out of cake, or almost anything you can come up with. Be creative, original, and entertaining! (And, of course, keep it legal!)

Once judging is complete, the top 10 entries will go live on the website and the fans themselves will vote on our winners! The prizes are amazing, the contest is huge and the excitement is high – do it to it and let’s show the world just how passionate our fans can be. Up, over, and gone!

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/contest/

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #593 on: June 25, 2010, 05:18:27 PM »
Holy shit!!!! :w00t:
A free trip to Japan to the Sonic Team on SEGA!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #594 on: June 25, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
The vuvuzela brings everyone to death!!!!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #596 on: June 25, 2010, 09:51:31 PM »
^
^
 :lol: :lol:  :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2010, 09:12:17 PM »
Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii?!  :w00t:
Dude, must get it!!!!

Need this game... *___* Pata Pata Pata Pon!
You'll have this time an online Co-Op and Versus Mode!!! And Multiplayer of course!
This game is gonna be the BEST Patapon game ever!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 02:21:55 AM by Ayako-Luna »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #599 on: June 27, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »
Square Enix is offering an Xbox Live demo of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days to anyone who becomes a friend of the game's official YouTube page.

If you do, you'll be sent a token that can be exchanged for a demo of the campaign, arcade and multiplayer modes.

The demo goes live on 1st July for a limited period of time. These tokens will only be offered to a limited number of people.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days will be released on 27th August on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

K&L2 looks interesting enough. That low, Youtube-esque camera quality filter applied over it and everything. Have to wait and hear about how it plays though.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Machikado -on the corner-