JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Get Over

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 993591 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 27, 2010, 05:21:16 PM »
CAPCOM 72 Hour Sale

Dark Void™
Dark Void’s unique combination of in-air and on-ground combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void’s vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and drop enemies from above and below, bringing a whole new sense of vulnerability and thrill to the player. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.

Dark Void™ Zero
Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project “Dark Void™” is back! To commemorate the game’s humble origins, Capcom® has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled Dark Void™ Zero. You play Rusty, the first human born in the Void, who must take on the Watchers in a quest to stop their domination of Earth. With the aid of Nikola Tesla and a state-of-the-art rocket pack, Rusty must take down the Watchers and their minions across three intense levels of action and intrigue.

FLOCK!
FLOCK! uses a sophisticated physics engine that drives the challenging puzzle elements of the game. Whether it’s using the Tractor beam to move obstacles out of the way, or the Depressor beam to stamp out crop circles to guide your herds, being an extraterrestrial has never been this addictive. Friends can also join in through co-op play. And when all the levels have been completed, users can make their own with the level editor that comes with the game. Flock comes packed with so much content, the potential fun is out of this world!

Street Fighter® IV
Mixing classic game mechanics that defined the genre with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter® IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over. With Capcom's latest advancements in new-generation technology, Street Fighter® IV delivers an extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts. Characters and environments appear in stylized 3D, while the classic 2D gameplay remains with the addition of new moves such as the revenge-fueled “Ultra Combo” system and Focus Attacks. An all-new Street Fighter is here and the real challenge starts now!

MotoGP™ 08
Experience the intensity, thrills and excitement of motorcycle racing with MotoGP™ 08. Join a team and compete against world-class opponents in three separate classes, on exotic courses all over the world. Show off your skills and take risks to earn points and upgrade your bike. And with new, easy-to-learn controls, MotoGP™ 08 is the most accessible motorcycle racing game to date. Pit your riding skills against players from across the globe in intense online multiplayer modes!

Neopets® Puzzle Adventure
Solve the Puzzle and Save Neopia! Set sail for adventure and mystery as you uncover the truth and save Neopia from impending doom! Create your own Neopet, explore Neopia, make friends and match your wits against enemies in this unique puzzle adventure! You can even uncover hidden codes that unlock new items on Neopets.com. The adventure is waiting for you! For the Neopets fan, Neopets® Puzzle Adventure is a must-have game with its intuitive “pick up and play” gameplay and new never-before-seen areas in the Neopets universe to explore.

Age Of Booty™
Avast ye scurvy dogs! Man the riggings, hoist the anchor, and prepare to sail the high seas as you plunder and pillage your way to pirate dominance in Age of Booty™! Captain your mighty galleon and blow rival pirates out of the water in this easy-to-play RTS title. Play alone or search for booty with friends, but be careful of the many devious pirate alliances or else you’ll be walking the plank!

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/html/pbPage.72_Hour_Digital_Sale

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #601 on: June 27, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
Death Rally
Death in the Fast Lane.
In late 1996 this top-down racing game took all by surprise with it's addictive nature and excellent gameplay.

The basic idea behind Death Rally: win races, gather more money, buy upgrades to your vehicle. In between wreck your opponents, shoot your way through bystanders and keep the pedal to the metal!

In 2009, Remedy is proud to announce the free re-release, Death Rally for Windows. The original game, ported to run on modern PCs.
Game requirements:
Any PC that can run Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). Please read the readme in the installation package for more information.

Source: http://www.remedygames.com/games/deathrally/

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Global Agenda Now Subscription Free
« Reply #602 on: June 28, 2010, 02:54:48 AM »
ATLANTA – June 25, 2010 – Hi-Rez Studios announced today that Global Agenda is now 100% subscription free.

Purchasers of Global Agenda can enjoy the game’s full current content, including all current Player-vs-Player combat, Player-vs-Environment solo and co-op content, and Agency-vs- Agency seasons, without a monthly subscription payment now or in the future.

Future content updates will be delivered via optional paid expansions. The first major expansion, Sandstorm, will be included for free to the entire Global Agenda community.

To celebrate this change, the game is being offered for 33% off on Steam from now through July 5, as part of Steam’s Summer Sale. To purchase, visit the Global Agenda Steam Page.

“Hi-Rez Studios is committed to delivering the best value in PC gaming”, said Todd Harris, Global Agenda Executive Producer. “In addition to including all of the game’s initial launch content for free inside the single-purchase price, we are bundling nearly 6 months worth of post-release content and features and including that within the single-purchase game. One purchase of Global Agenda lets you experience all of this content forever with no subscription.”
Global Agenda allows players to create and customize multiple agent characters, complementing FPS skills with accessible RPG-style progression. Players can co-op with friends online, compete in fast-paced multiplayer matches, and conquer persistent territory with player-formed groups called agencies. The large summer expansion, titled Sandstorm, adds weapon variation and loot, new epic weapons across every class and a brand new Open Zone area complete with quests and new missions. The first phase of Sandstorm was released in early June 2010, with the remaining phase to be released later this summer.

• Try For Free – Players can download Global Agenda and play until level 15 with no payment or credit card required.
  • Buy Once - A single purchase enables you to play forever. Progress thru 50 character levels, access hundreds of weapons, and experience all current content and gametypes on our worldwide, hosted servers with no subscription required.
  • Play What Suits You - Global Agenda offers a wide range of content including solo and co-op PvE, Mercenary PvP, Agency-vs-Agency, Arena PvP and more.
Source: http://forum.globalagendagame.com/gablog/index.php/2010/06/23/ga-now-sub-free/
Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/17020/

Posting a day late, but :germany:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #603 on: June 28, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »
A list of every 3DS game in development

Activision

* DJ Hero 3D

AQ Interactive

* Cubic ninja

Atlus

* Shin Megami Tensei
    * Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
    * Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom

* Resident Evil Revelations
    * Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (name not final)

EA

* EA FIFA Soccer
    * Madden NFL
    * The Sims 3

Gameloft

* Asphalt DS

Harmonix

* Music Game

Hudson Soft

* Bomberman franchise
    * Deca Sports franchise
    * Kororinpa franchise

Konami

* Baseball franchise
    * Contra franchise
    * Frogger franchise
    * Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"
    * Pro Evolution Soccer franchise / Winning Eleven franchise

Level-5

* Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment

* BloodRayne: The Shroud
    * A Boy and His Blob
    * Face Racers: Photo Finish
    * Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
    * Martha Stewart
    * WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous

* Bokujyoumonogatari (Harvest Moon) 3D (name not final)

Namco

* Dragon Ball franchise (name not final)
    * Gundam franchise (name not final)
    * PAC-MANTM & GALAGATM (name not final)
    * Ridge Racer (name not final)
    * Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo

* Animal Crossing
    * Kid Icarus: Uprising
    * Mario Kart
    * nintendogs + cats
    * Paper Mario
    * PilotWings Resort
    * Star Fox 64 3D
    * Steel Diver

Rocket

* Crash-City GP
    * VS-robo

Sega

* Sonic (name not final)
    * Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

Square Enix

* CODENAME: Chocobo Racing
    * 3D Dragon Quest franchise
    * Final Fantasy franchise
    * Kingdom Hearts franchise

Take-Two Interactive

* Carnival Games franchise

Tecmo Koei

* Dead or Alive 3D (name not final)
    * Dynasty Warriors (name not final)
    * Ninja Gaiden (name not final)
    * Samurai Warriors 3D (name not final)

TOMY

* Lovely Lisa 3D
    * Naruto Shippuden Action

THQ

* de Blob 2
    * Kung Fu Panda
    * Kaboom of Doom
    * Marvel Super Hero Squad
    * Infinity Gauntlet
    * The Penguins of Madagascar
    * Puss N Boots
    * Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft

* Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
    * Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
    * Driver Renegade Hollywood 61 (name not final)
    * Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
    * Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Warner Bros

* Batman franchise
    * LEGO franchise

If that SMT:Persona title is Persona 5, then consider that my 3DS killer app.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #604 on: June 29, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
PAX Brings Gaming Music Icons to Seattle Labor Day Weekend

SEATTLE – June 28, 2010 – A heavyweight lineup of gaming culture's best known music acts will perform for thousands during PAX at the Main Theatre in Downtown Seattle on Friday, Sept. 3 and Saturday, Sept. 4.

The three-day party celebrating gaming culture is bringing a wide range of music acts from comedy rock to chiptune punk to progressive metal. This will be the first appearance at PAX for The Protomen's Mega Man-based rock operas. Returning to PAX after a long absence is fan favorite the Minibosses. The full line-up of groups include

Anamanaguchi
Jonathan Coulton
MC Frontalot
Metroid Metal
The Minibosses
Paul and Storm
The Protomen

"Music is an integral piece of the gaming culture. We use it not only to express ourselves but also to bond with other gamers," said Robert Khoo of Penny Arcade. "These artists and their concerts are one of the PAX events our fans consistently rave about."

The annual gaming festival brings tens of thousands of gamers from across the globe to celebrate gaming and includes panel discussions, concerts, tournaments and a huge exhibition hall. Some of the industry's biggest names in pen-and-paper, tabletop, CCG, PC and console video games will show off their latest. More than seventy exhibitors have already signed up including 2K Games, Capcom, Disney, EA, Microsoft, NCsoft, Nintendo, Turbine, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast.

The pre-registration cost is $55 for three-day and $35 for single day passes. The passes are all-access for events, concerts, parties, panels and freeplay areas. Only "sealed deck" tournaments, which require new physical product in order to be played, have an additional fee.

PAX registration is at http://www.paxsite.com/paxprime/registration.php.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/28/pax-prime-2010-performers-and-exhibitors-announced/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2010, 01:04:56 AM »
I left a comment on a video for one of my favourite game commentators and I got a reply back from her :twothumbs

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2010, 08:31:18 AM »
waaaaa my sim died from old and now her child turned a rebel that lose all their levels too fast and doesn't want to do a thing... it sucks  :shilivid:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #608 on: June 30, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
Tuffty I recieved my theme token from the RDR promo today.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #609 on: June 30, 2010, 05:53:34 PM »
Got everything now together (for my holidays)! :panic:
My games are ready in the bag, strategy guide books (FInal Fantasy VIII and Dissidia xD Only in need, when I'm in a pinch!) are ready in the bag too. Only things left are to charge my PSP and DS! :thumbup
And I'll buy tomorrow a PSN Card and a bigger Memory Stick Duo for my PSP, so I can download FF VIII!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #610 on: June 30, 2010, 11:44:52 PM »
Dragon Quest IX - North American commercial starring Seth Green

:lol: Hahaha that's awesome. "Decisions decisions~ 8]"

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline Tanuki

• Member+
« Reply #612 on: July 01, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »
I found this glitch on Donkey Kong Country when it first came out years ago on the Super Nintendo! I kept it in my own mind until today, 6-30-2010. I really pushed it to its limits!!! I should be a game tester!!! ENJOY!!!

More to come later!

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #613 on: July 01, 2010, 03:00:44 PM »
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/index.html

Aww man, I remember this. BEST THING EVER :heart:

... and thanks for reminding me that I still can't locate my Animal Crossing cartridge ;___; sad times. It's such a time waster, but I feel like playing it now and again!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #614 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
Everything is ready on my line for the holidays...
The only thing, that I must do now is to download FF VIII and.. LocoRoco Midnight Carnival! :inlove:
Can't believe it, time flies by.... TOnight at midnight, I'm not here for 2 or 3 days!! *___*

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #615 on: July 01, 2010, 08:29:39 PM »

SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES LORD OF ARCANA FOR PSP® SYSTEM
Multiplayer Action Game Confirmed for North American Release

LOS ANGELES (July 1, 2010) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today Lord of Arcana™ for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.

Defeat tough enemies and obtain new items and skills with up to three friends, or take on a variety of quests in single-player mode in this latest multiplayer action game from Square Enix. With its simple and intuitive controls, even those unaccustomed to action games can jump right into the fast-paced world of Lord of Arcana.

In addition to Square Enix staff, renowned illustrators from both Japan and abroad have contributed character designs for Lord of Arcana. This amazing collaboration cannot be missed.

Please visit the official site for more information: http://na.lordofarcana.com.

Story
This world is called Horodyn, so named for its first king.
At the edge of a village surrounded by a huge forest lies the powerful stone Arcana, the source of all order in the world.
It is said that only one with power can acquire Arcana.
Slayers annihilate hordes of monsters so that they could lay their hands on Arcana.
What power does it hold? And to what destiny is one with Arcana bound?

Features
Experience authentic multiplayer action from Square Enix, developed exclusively for the PSP system
Play with up to three friends to defeat tough enemies and reap rewards together, or tackle a variety of quests in single-player mode
Dive into the fray with simple and intuitive controls that will hook players of any skill level
Create one-of-a-kind avatars and produce thousands of unique weapons. The possibilities are endless

Lord of Arcana is not yet rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. Lord of Arcana will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99. The release date will be announced at a later time.

Quote from: from Facebook
Defeat tough enemies or obtain new items and skills with up to three friends, or take on a variety of missions in single player mode in this latest multiplayer action game from Square Enix. With its simple and intuitive controls, even those unaccustomed to action games can jump right into the fast-paced world of Lord of Arcana. Players can also create their own avatars or produce various weapons and armor from a selection of several thousand items. In addition, renowned illustrators including Square Enix staff from both Japan and abroad have contributed character designs for Lord of Arcana. This amazing collaboration cannot be missed.

Official Wesbite: http://na.lordofarcana.com/
Press Release: http://release.square-enix.com/na/2010/07/01_01.html
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lord-of-Arcana/112447285469242

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #616 on: July 02, 2010, 07:31:27 AM »
Looks promising. Square Enix know how to make really good PSP games, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #617 on: July 02, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
I need to learn how to play these music rhythm games...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #618 on: July 03, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »
First gameplay footage of Infamous 2

Looks impressive. I never played the first one so I can't say how the new character model and voice actor for the protaganist is in comparison of the other one.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #619 on: July 03, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »

Article: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/07/03/idol_master_2/
Namco Bandai took the veil off the mystery Idol Master title it's been teasing for a few months now. The new game is Idolmaster 2, and it's in development for Xbox 360 with a planned release in Spring 2011.

This first new numbered Idolmaster game in five years puts you at the head of 765 Productions once again. But as the first major change, instead of producing idol candidates into idols, you work with idols who are already half a year into their debut. The theme of the game is "unity." Your goal now is to make a national hit of a unit of three idols.

Idols from the first game will appear in the sequel, but they'll be joined now by Takane and Hibiki who are now members of 765 Pro. They appeared in Idolmaster SP as rival members from 961 Productions. Everyone is a year older now.

Idolmaster 2 is being produced by Yozo Sakagami and directed by Akihiro Ishihara and Masataka Kato. Characters designs are by Toshiyuki Kubooka and Kiyotaka Tamiya.

The announcement came today at the first day of "The Idolmaster 5th Anniversary The World is All One" concert event at Makuhari. Sakagami introduced the game and shared a trailer, which you can see here

Official Website: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Get Over