JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Joy!!

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 998349 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #820 on: September 25, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »
Played some demos today  :)

Arcania - Gothic 4
Never played any Gothic before, just tried it out of curiosity and if I wanted to play it (which I don't) I would def need a HD TV, the screen text was unreadable on my tube.

Vanquish
Stylish! I love the look and sound of this game (and even the german voice acting doesn't suck), but this is not enough for me to play this.

Enslaved - Journey to the West
I was really looking forward to this game, eventhough I didn't like the character of Monkey at first. Now it's kind of changed to the opposite. The more I hear about the game, the more I lose interest, but then there's Monkey and Trip and I've started to like them. What puts me off the most right now is the plattform elements of the game, you basically just hit one button and a direction and Monkey will jump to the next point. no risk of falling down or jumping into nothingness.
I'm still unsure if I should get this or not. Playing the demo didn't help my decision at all (but at least it confirmed a good german dub)

Lumines Live!
I know it's old, but I never tried it. Unsure if I should get it, puzzle games are so damn addictive  :lol:

Now if only the demos for Lords of Shadows and Quantum Theory get released fast  XD

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #821 on: September 26, 2010, 10:08:30 PM »
I have Lumines and its booster packs.  I recommend it.  Better than Chime.

The end of Reach.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #822 on: September 28, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »
I pre-ordered Enslaved and Lords of Shadow yesterday.
Enslaved even in the Colector's Ed. just because it was cheaper than the regular one  :lol:

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #823 on: September 28, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
I pre-ordered Enslaved and Lords of Shadow yesterday.
Enslaved even in the Colector's Ed. just because it was cheaper than the regular one  :lol:

XD That's insane!

I've just brought BBS and Persona 3 FES. P3 FES is here but unplayed although I know what to do for the first dungeon until the end of that XD Mainly because I played it at a Game testing session last week. Enjoyed it so much I decided to buy the actual game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #824 on: September 29, 2010, 12:16:12 AM »
^ You won't be disappointed. Stellar game.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #825 on: September 29, 2010, 04:39:33 AM »
Spent about 2 - 2.5 hours on it. Really good. Need to figure out whether to do Kendo or go off with some guy in the class XD Decisions decisions

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #826 on: September 29, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »

I took this photo at one of three GameStop store's here! XD :lol:
I thought about be photographed with the Rabbids but... nooo! XD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Everquest II F2P
« Reply #827 on: September 30, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
Free Adventure Description

Released from deep within the dark and dangerous depths of Norrath, a new free adventure service emerges, EverQuest II Extended! SOE has liberated portions of the critically acclaimed PC franchise, EverQuest II, including five plus years of impressive, award-winning content to online adventurers, free. EverQuest II Extended joins the highly successful EverQuest II live subscription service, and together, provide EQII players with a choice of either a subscription-based or free-to-play business model -- two distinct experiences operating in parallel, a first in the MMO industry!

Extended provides access to premium subscription-quality content through free and optional paid membership levels. Powered by an all-new web-based download application, new and veteran players alike can experience all the excitement and depth of EQII's content without a daunting installation or a massive download. Players can register within minutes, download the client to join other people in an epic journey, and launch into adventure in a fantastical online 3D world. Extended is the ultimate MMORPG experience. Excitement with every breath and adventure around every turn is now available for free!

New Service Features
  • No subscription or software purchase is required for a free membership. Play for free up to level 80 without a credit card
  • Explore all game zones up through The Shadow Odyssey™ expansion
  • Shop within a robust in-game marketplace containing power-up potions, armor, classes, races, weapons, mounts and more
  • Increase gameplay benefits through paid memberships with additional service upgrade options
  • Join other adventurers on a new dedicated server exclusive to Extended

EverQuest II Business Models
  • New Halas, the ultimate starting zone with premium designed content for players levels 1-20
  • New and improved character progression through the Golden Path adventure
  • The Storyteller adventure journal that visually displays quest exploration
  • Quick and convenient game access through the web-based streaming download application
  • Extensive user interface redesign for improved functionality and navigation
  • Graphics quality update for a more realistic immersive experience

Extended Membership Information
  • EverQuest II will continue to support its loyal customers on the live subscription-based service with new and exciting game updates and expansions
  • EQII Extended is an easily accessible game service developed to grow the community through new players
  • EQII Extended will be managed as a separate game service that does not impact the live subscription game
  • EQII Extended will release in a fully operational beta state with persistent data that carries over through the commercial release

Source: http://www.everquest2.com/free_to_play & http://www.everquest2.com/free_to_play/game_overview

I actually own a copy of EQ2, and played briefly, though my computer at the time wasn't up to snuff. Might have to check this out :panic:

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #828 on: September 30, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #829 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »
Well I thought this would happen, the Taliban have been removed as playable characters from the new Medal of Honour. Personally I found it a bit distasteful to base a game in a current real world conflict anyway.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #830 on: October 02, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
Now here's something I'd be interested in. Ubisoft are re-relasing Beyond Good & Evil in HD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #831 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:05 PM »
Law & Order showing gamers in a positive light:

Yeah right :lol:

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #832 on: October 04, 2010, 11:29:14 PM »
That's as classy as the episode where a kid ran over a prostitute because he did it in a video game!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #833 on: October 05, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »
Oh my  :)

Not the first time Law&Order has crazy gamers on their show if i remember corectly. Also other crime series had their fair share of video game killers and rapists. I always wonder if I should laugh or cry XD
The "games" they show are more horrifying than the actual murderers  :bleed eyes:

Anyone watched that episode of CSI where they played this mmo on a gigantic sreen using what looked like a tv remote?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #834 on: October 05, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »
Yeh I was wondering what game they were playing at first, but it's totally fake. I wonder why they go through so much effort to make something as fake as that when it's only being used for 10 secs. Much easier to get a M rated game :D

Offline leavekuda

• ecchi
« Reply #835 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:32 PM »
Will start play CoD 4

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #836 on: October 06, 2010, 02:13:11 PM »
Here's the clip of that CSI episode. Turns out it was real game after all, but I think they altered it, since I always thought Second Life was just a place with avatars to hang out and chat, not that you could have actual battles like in a MMO.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #837 on: October 06, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #838 on: October 07, 2010, 01:33:58 PM »
I thought the Taliban would be in Medal of Honor, but being renamed.  On the other hand, I suck at Halo Wars.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #839 on: October 08, 2010, 12:15:29 AM »
There's gonna be a new Shenmue game

But it's not Shenmue III. It's out this year in Japan! But it's a mobile game. So disappointing :banghead:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Joy!!