JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Drunken Hearted

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 999006 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #940 on: December 05, 2010, 02:29:43 AM »
Augh, there's nothing as annoying as having games translated into Norwegian. No, seriously. For some reason they've translated Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood to Norwegian, and it makes it so frickin' awkward. You can set the in-game speech to English (and a bunch of other languages), and the subs too... but the menus, item names and everything else remain in Norwegian, and it's SO CONFUSING. Most of the expressions look really off, and some of it isn't even correct Norwegian 8D fffffffff. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever played a game in Norwegian before o_o;; We just don't usually translate things like that here (which is why finding games for my mum is such a hassle, since her English is very poor).

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #941 on: December 05, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »
Well I've just played the worst demo ever. Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2. You pick up to 4 characters (seriously, who else would you pick but SSJ Goku?!) and then just throw you into the battle against an unrelenting AI. No tutorial section, you're just left to fend for yourself and work it out. And seeing as the AI is so much better, you're gonna have a hard time reading through the skill list and remembering that you need to press LB + A for a quick ascend and press RT+X but only if it's a rapid attack, cause you're screwed if it's not. No indication of whether or not your special moves work and I found button mashing never worked either. I imagine it's something I would learn and get better at in the actual game, but I'm totally not a fan after that. The character's look really off too, like they were drawn by some Akira Toriyama rip off merchant.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #942 on: December 06, 2010, 01:41:49 AM »
^
I quite like it when demos do that, though. I mean, demos shouldn't hold your hand and tell you how to play the games, they should be demos to showcase what the game will be about, and then you have to buy the game to be able to play it for real. It makes sense 8D If I remember correctly, the Bayonetta demo was like that as well?

I had amazing fun playing Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels last night, oh my god. The levels are so random, and you're better off just not killing any of the enemies XD;;; I completely lost it during a level, when I randomly yelled out "WILDCARD, BITCHES" - and at that instant, a frickin pink squid popped up out of nowhere (this was not an underwater level), I narrowly missed it only to fall off the next platform because I was laughing so hard :lol: It was too perfect :heart: Also playing things like Lost Levels makes it feel like I have my own private version of GameCenter CX, it's just so much fun~ :D I wonder if I'll ever make it to the last level .... XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #943 on: December 06, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »
Ah the now famous 'if a series is losing sales or stagnating, give it a series reboot as a gritty prequel treatment' is now in effect once again. This time, it's Tomb Raider

Simply titled 'Tomb Raider', the reboot will be a prequel to the series, where player will live out the life of Lara Croft before she became the acrobatic cave-diver we know her as today.

“Simply titled 'Tomb Raider', the reboot will be a prequel to the series”

"Forget everything you know about Tomb Raider," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Crystal Dynamics, "we are exploring things that have never been done before in the game."

According the Square-Enix, our young and inexperienced Lara Croft is travelling on a boat in a heavy storm when she is shipwrecked on an unknown island. It is here that she must learn to survive.

I will admit though, I'm curious about this game. Tomb Raider will always be a series close to my heart, and if they can make Lara do the same platforming, puzzle solving elements as before then I'd be all for it. Good thing she hasn't been Americanised and made into 'Laura'........yet.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #944 on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:43 PM »
^ dude, you beat me to it XD
I like the new design, I really hope this gets good, could convince me to try TR for the first time in years, I only played TR1-3(or 4) back in the Playstation days.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #945 on: December 06, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »
^
^
Oh snap, I saw this on a Norwegian news site, but I thought they were talking about a film prequel, not a game prequel :nervous aaaugh these bloody fancy 3D graphics! *shakes fist* .... *feels... old* T___T;

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #946 on: December 07, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »
This pic looks so.... real...
You don't even think about that it is for a game... o_O
My first thoughts were this...

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #947 on: December 07, 2010, 11:00:52 PM »
I like the look they have for the art there with the storm and the sea and ships. And is that a bow? I hadn't played a TR since 2 up till underworld and that was actually pretty good. Then Guardian of Light was amazing so I've got high expectations.  :)

Simply titled 'Tomb Raider', the reboot will be a prequel to the series, where player will live out the life of Lara Croft before she became the acrobatic cave-diver we know her as today.

“Simply titled 'Tomb Raider', the reboot will be a prequel to the series”

"Forget everything you know about Tomb Raider," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Crystal Dynamics, "we are exploring things that have never been done before in the game."

According the Square-Enix, our young and inexperienced Lara Croft is travelling on a boat in a heavy storm when she is shipwrecked on an unknown island. It is here that she must learn to survive.

That sounds awesome :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #948 on: December 07, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »
^
I quite like it when demos do that, though. I mean, demos shouldn't hold your hand and tell you how to play the games, they should be demos to showcase what the game will be about, and then you have to buy the game to be able to play it for real. It makes sense 8D If I remember correctly, the Bayonetta demo was like that as well?

I'm all for it myself. But in the Bayonetta demo at least you had a separate tutorial level to shows you through the ropes, and then the section of the game you could play through was an early stage of the game, in fact one of the opening levels, so it was rather straightforward to play through when pitted against the lower enemies of the game.

Raging Blast 2 however, doesn't have that luxury. It is a fighting game so the only way you can introduce a player gently into that game is if you tone down the computer difficulty or give a tutorial, because it is an unconventional 3D fighting game. The frustrating thing for me is, I know there's a tutorial section in the full game. I've seen it played out and yet it's not in the demo. Had there even been an option in that demo to lower the difficulty of the AI just so I could at least try these moves out rather than getting pummelled by the AI and losing the fight in less than the 3 mins they give you I would have appreciated it.

There's demo's like Bayonetta or Vanquish which are amazing indicators of what to expect from the game, challenging but not overly difficult and yet deep enough to make you want to come back to the demo and try out new things. I don't think Raging Blast 2 is one of them.

Rant over XD Anyway, I'm thinking of getting Rock Band 3. And possibly even the Pro Guitar XD
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:33:45 AM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #949 on: December 08, 2010, 12:20:05 PM »
Demos should explain gameplay, as should all games have a small tutorial, I mean whats the point of figuring it out all by yourself and getting frustrated and then end up not buying the game because of that.
Maybe they left it out of DB because they expect that people who play DB games have played all the previous DB games and know how it works.

Began Majin in the Forsaken Kingdom yesterday, I liked the demo, but it got quickly frustrating for me, mainly because of the Night/DAy shifts, didn't know it had that feature. Coming into a new puzzle area during the night is really fucked up.

Also began Infinite Undiscovery, I knew it had real time battle (what I'm not a big fan of), but I'm over challanged with the controls, I keep on pressing the wrong buttons over and over again, argh.
Also, you escape a prison only to have to wander through a FUCKING DARK WOOD, ARGH!!!

What's with the darkness all around? XD

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #950 on: December 08, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
Infinite Undiscovery bored me by the time I got to the second disc and i never actually bothered to finish it. I want to play Last Remnant again though.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #951 on: December 08, 2010, 06:13:46 PM »
^ Yeah, it's not exactly thrilling me at the moment either and if there isn't at least one other female in the party, I'll quit playing anyway XD
I made it through the wood finally and now I'm in the first village and was welcomed by creepy twins.
Also those puppet faces of the characters, it's funny how Lord Sigmund and Capell have the same face and Sigmund talking with that deep manly voice that doesn't suit his appearance at all XD

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #952 on: December 08, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
It's been a while since I've played it but I believe the males always outnumber the females. Much preferred Last Remnant or Lost Odyssey compared to Infinite Undiscovery. It was a good game just...dull at times.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #953 on: December 09, 2010, 01:12:54 AM »
FFS there's another game I want to play! Lost Odyssey, my word I think I'm gonna go broke XD

They've confirmed a demo for Dead Space 2 in two weeks, should be interesting. But in much more exciting news, Yu Suzuki has hinted that the concept for Shenmue 3 exists:

"Shenmue 3 doesn't expand outward, but inward. A lot of the dialogue is used for the main character and especially dialogue with Shenhua [the girl]. They [Shenhua and Ryo] talk about a lot of different, deeper things.

"This is not actually in the game, but an example to give you an idea of what I mean by deeper dialogue: when Shenhua and Ryo are at home, Shenhua will ask Ryo if he would like to drink tea or coffee and the player will select one or the other. Or, Shenhua will ask Ryo a hypothetical question like: 'There are four animals; a monkey, cat, dog and bird. You are crossing the river but you need to leave one behind. Which one will you leave behind?"' And the player has to choose one.

"Shenhua will ask lots and lots of questions like these and the answers will get stored in the game and affect the outcome of the player's relationship with other characters. It's like a personality test. For example, the person who leaves behind the monkey is the type of person who leaves their wife."

SEGA put an end to the expensive, revered Shenmue series after a second Dreamcast instalment. Simply, sales didn't justify the investment.

Today, Yu Suzuki is at work on the Shenmue licence once again, but as a mobile game for Yahoo - a project dubbed Shenmue City.

"We can't say never," Suzuki said of the possibility of one day developing Shenmue 3. "This topic steps into sensitive territory, but history hasn't always been kind to SEGA and there were some difficult years, sales-wise. Business was tough, and they couldn't take risks on big titles."

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=4&cId=3182650

Just make it already! I've waited long enough!  :bleed eyes:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #954 on: December 09, 2010, 01:19:11 AM »
It's been a while since I've played it but I believe the males always outnumber the females. Much preferred Last Remnant or Lost Odyssey compared to Infinite Undiscovery. It was a good game just...dull at times.

I have both of these games as well, but haven't played them yet, just thought I'd start with IU, no special reason.
Man that first quest to open the door in the shrine took me ages to figure out, I thought I needed Items, turns out I have to use the Connect Ability with Rico. And then I go inside and get killed XD

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #955 on: December 09, 2010, 02:31:33 AM »

I have both of these games as well, but haven't played them yet, just thought I'd start with IU, no special reason.
Man that first quest to open the door in the shrine took me ages to figure out, I thought I needed Items, turns out I have to use the Connect Ability with Rico. And then I go inside and get killed XD

Yeah it took me ages too and I gave up at one point resorting to like anything possible. Must have ran around that first area a couple dozen of times before I finally figured it out.

Last Remnant is probably my favourite to play just because there's so much choice within the battle system and gameplay. LO is a generic RPG with some really strong plotlines. Shame I couldn't get much further than Disc 2 due to it freezing at a certain point ><

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #956 on: December 09, 2010, 12:42:06 PM »
Yeah it took me ages too and I gave up at one point resorting to like anything possible. Must have ran around that first area a couple dozen of times before I finally figured it out.

Last Remnant is probably my favourite to play just because there's so much choice within the battle system and gameplay. LO is a generic RPG with some really strong plotlines. Shame I couldn't get much further than Disc 2 due to it freezing at a certain point ><

You say it, I didn't count how often I went back and forth between the village and that damn door! At one point I thought it meant I had to fight the dragon in front of the village or that the enemies maybe dropped different items in the darkness. Good thing is, I earned some money and leveled up.

I heard there is a lot of text to read in LO, that's the main reason I pushed it back, otherwise it would have been my first choice (or Resonance of Fate) On my old tube squinting my eyes at tons of text is a pain in the ass. Thought I'd wait till I get myself a nice big HD tv next year.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #957 on: December 09, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »
There was quite a bit of reading to do but no more than any other RPG really. I want to actually get my own Xbox 360 and play those 2 games again and might actually give Infinite Undiscovery another try. But definitely wanna play through Last Remnant again. I loved the battle system. Some of the battles were goddamn AMAZING!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #958 on: December 11, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+