JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Akishibu Project - Summer Summer

Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold A7X  (Read 2325 times)

Offline helldom

• ecchi
Avenged Sevenfold A7X
« on: September 11, 2010, 07:26:22 PM »
From Wikipedia:

Avenged Sevenfold is an American rock band from Huntington Beach, California, formed in 1999. The band consists of vocalist M. Shadows, lead guitarist Synyster Gates, rhythm guitarist Zacky Vengeance and bassist Johnny Christ.
Avenged Sevenfold emerged with a metalcore sound on their debut Sounding the Seventh Trumpet[citation needed], which included screaming vocals and heavy guitar riffs. The band changed their style on their third release, City of Evil, which features more of a mainstream hard rock style.[citation needed] The band continued to explore new sounds with their self titled release and enjoyed continued mainstream success before their drummer, James Sullivan, "The Rev" died of a drug overdose in 2009. Despite this setback, the band continued on with help from now former Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy and released their fifth album Nightmare in 2010.
Avenged Sevenfold has released five studio albums, one live album/compilation, and fifteen singles. The band themselves have received much credit for their worldwide mainstream success and were most notably proclaimed as one of the leaders and key bands in the New Wave of American Heavy Metal and were featured as second place on Ultimate Guitar's Top Ten Bands of the Decade.

Well I checked the forums and found no threads on A7X. Does anyone here listen to A7X? It's sad that they lost their drummer The Rev, I personally think that he was a genius. foREVer

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Avenged Sevenfold A7X
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »
Mediocrity personified whose fanbase consists of a majority of illiterate tweens. But hey that's just me.

Offline helldom

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »
I have to agree with you on the fanbase part. I guess it's inevitable that anything's that's popular will bound to have dumb fans. Be it bands, football clubs, shows etc.

About the mediocre part, I respect what you think, but would you care to elaborate more about that? Well I personally think that they are actually pretty good, maybe its a difference in tastes thing.

Offline dawnofice

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »
Who cares what others think about your taste, as long as you like it, it doesnt matter.

I presonally only like their earlier songs, but thats just me.

Offline jupreng

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 05:29:30 PM »
my favorite songs from A7X is Unholy Confession, Dear God, Sidewinder, afterlife..

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Akishibu Project - Summer Summer