JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Clover

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1002577 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2780 on: April 19, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
Just finished Deadlight, it was free this month for xbox gold members.
I always had an eye on it, but now I'm glad I never paid for it.
Gameplay, graphics and sound (esp. the music) were all good, but the story was forgettable and the main character got on my nerves.
Also there were two or three SUUUUUPER frustrating sequences (helicopter rooftop chase and collapsing building), where I literally died a hundred times, not because I'm too stupid, but Randall has a really hard time letting go in tight situations esp. fences and walls. He clings to them, like his life depends on it, when it actually is the other way around. LET GO TO LIVE!!!! XD

Oh and I finished episode 2 of The Walking Dead. WOHOOOO!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2781 on: April 24, 2014, 11:48:08 PM »
After 254 attempts (seriously...) I finally beat Spelunky! Look, photographic evidence and everything!. Now to try and defeat the hidden levels and hidden final boss. Considering it's a harder task than just beating the actual game, I imagine it'll take another couple of hundred attempts!

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2782 on: April 25, 2014, 06:29:31 AM »
^ Are you willing to throw another 100+ attempts at the game again? I say just retire from it  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2783 on: April 25, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
Oh don't misunderstand me, I've had a blast in every attempt! There's enough depth in the game to warrant coming back to it so I'm more than happy to see it all myself. It's one of those games that is so hard to put down. Would recommend it to absolutely everyone.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2784 on: April 26, 2014, 11:24:35 PM »
Hotline Miami 2 preview video has got me pretty excited for the sequel and an itch to replay the original.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2785 on: May 07, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
This rumoured list of games to be announced at Sony's E3 conference is too good to be true Which probably means it is. But still, get hyped! Uncharted 4, Project Beast (the spiritual successor to Demon Souls) and The Last Guardian are Sony exclusive titles to really get excited about....if true.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:06:49 PM by Tuffty »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2786 on: May 07, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
I don't know, it's hard for me to get excited for that list, which means... it's probably true!! :D

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #2787 on: May 09, 2014, 03:13:38 AM »
Playing Shadowrun Returns now, I missed playing Shadowrun games in general hahaha. Downloaded a mod that makes it more sandbox like too woo!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2788 on: May 11, 2014, 11:57:15 PM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2789 on: May 12, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
just ordered a razer sabertooth controller for the 360 and ordered some more kontrol freeks - another set of the cqc signatures (love those) and a couple sets of the fps vortex. my friend got the vortex and i really liked  the way they felt. it now feels weird to use a normal controller  :sweatdrop:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2790 on: May 21, 2014, 12:37:59 AM »
http://www.dorkly.com/post/63211/the-6-types-of-lets-players

I think they got a lot of them, haha. The only thing I could think of is the people who have "raffles" on their streams.
(100's of people buy $10 raffle tickets for a $150 prize)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2791 on: May 21, 2014, 09:51:57 PM »

NOOOOO WHY DO YOU LOOK SO AMAZING  :banghead:

Offline risshu

• ecchi
  • ...second best isn't so bad.
    • risshu13
    • risshu13
« Reply #2792 on: May 22, 2014, 05:59:12 AM »
For any persona fans, Ken Amada is shown slightly older in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with Koromaru in tow.
Any thoughts?

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/21/persona-4-arena-ultimaxs-ken-koromaru-make-quite-tag-team-duo/

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2793 on: May 24, 2014, 03:25:55 AM »
just ordered a razer sabertooth controller for the 360 and ordered some more kontrol freeks - another set of the cqc signatures (love those) and a couple sets of the fps vortex. my friend got the vortex and i really liked  the way they felt. it now feels weird to use a normal controller  :sweatdrop:

got the sabertooth the other day - still trying to figure out the best button config for shooters (it has several programmable extra buttons) and stuff but so far i'm impressed  :twothumbs

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2794 on: May 24, 2014, 02:33:05 PM »
For any persona fans, Ken Amada is shown slightly older in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with Koromaru in tow.
Any thoughts?

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/21/persona-4-arena-ultimaxs-ken-koromaru-make-quite-tag-team-duo/

That's cool, but I can't get too excited for it unfortunately. P4 Arena took forever to come out in Europe and as earlier on this week, it was actually taken down on the PSN completely. Arc System Works doesn't view Europe in a good way at all considering games like Blazblue were also a struggle to be released over here and region locked so you can't even import it.

Offline risshu

• ecchi
  • ...second best isn't so bad.
    • risshu13
    • risshu13
« Reply #2795 on: May 24, 2014, 04:43:11 PM »
That's cool, but I can't get too excited for it unfortunately. P4 Arena took forever to come out in Europe and as earlier on this week, it was actually taken down on the PSN completely. Arc System Works doesn't view Europe in a good way at all considering games like Blazblue were also a struggle to be released over here and region locked so you can't even import it.

Thanks for the input.  I didn't know about that since I mostly go my friend's house to play their ps3 and ps4.  Are jrpg games not as popular in Europe as they are here in America?  I remember a few months back when Rune Factory 4 was release, I recommended it to one of my friend who was in Europe at the time.  They were sad to hear XSEED Games cancelled it for the European release.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2796 on: May 25, 2014, 01:56:51 AM »
JRPG's are usually given fine representation over here. We get all the major releases like the US and some niche titles too. It's just Arc System Works that doesn't like Europe haha

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2797 on: May 25, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
Finished the 3rd episode of TWD, didn't feel as intense as the last one, but still great.
Also new personal record: I only died once! Usually I die tons because of the stuttering and wonky controls.
Now on to watch some let's plays to see alternate routes.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2798 on: May 27, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »
Decided to make a go of it and get up in the online leaderboards with Bull Hunter, a specific challenge for the Darts mini game in Yakuza 4. As you may have guessed, the idea is to get as many bulls eyes in a row as you can. Turns out, I've done well enough to be in the Overall Top 10!

Think I will keep trying to go even higher. I mean, a couple more darts and I can be in top 5 at least. Trying to get No.1 will be tough but I'm determined enough to go for it!

Was playing Yakuza 4 tonight and after a while cleaning up some sub stories, I decided to give the Bull Hunter challenge another go but after being away for so long, my skills were a bit rusty and I wasn't great. So I tried to see if there was another challenge and I went with the Strike King challenge instead, which sees how many strikes in a row you can get. A good dozen or so attempts later and I managed to get into the overall top 10 for it too! 27 strikes in a row. Still a way to go yet before challenging for the top in either challenge :lol:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #2799 on: May 27, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »
^ At least in Strike King you have no equal! I mean, people are either better or worse than you, but no one is as good AS you! That feat 8)

Getting distracted last night, I decided to watch some gameplay and review vids of Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions (which I do own, but have never played much further than the first level) and now I'm really excited to give the game another crack. Only problem is that I have to wait about a month until I'm done with all my assessments and finals for this semester :doh:

By the time I'm done with everything important, I will have completely forgotten about all this, I'm sure :P

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Clover