JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Tell Me My Speaker Box

Author Topic: Programmer Central  (Read 29040 times)

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Re: Programmer Central
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »
After hearing one of my coworkers talking about election methods a couple weeks ago, I got interested in them.
I remembered that Shirenu was running the H!P polls again, so I figured I could help out by making them into a full program.
I looked up some examples on wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_system) and decided I'd implement the Schulze method, the Borda count, Instant Runoff, and Contingent vote methods.
Shirenu also requested an "average rank" system, which may come in handy if the pentagon poll is done again in the future.

Since the polls are just about closed now, I figured I should at least release the beta version
The "Ballot Setup" and "Vote Entry" tabs don't work, but it's good enough to run all of the above voting systems, as well as a "meta rank" which averages the ranks for all the other methods.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take a look at some of the code or try it out, I've provided the jar with source and a couple sample input files to use.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g2rvld

Instructions:
1. open vote file
2. select one or more voting methods
3. run tally
4. copy results to clipboard or save results as txt file

I may make the other two tabs work in the future if I feel like working on it some more.
Some caveats are that it requires Java 6 and all the names need to be spelled with matching spelling and capitalization.

Edit: Shi tells me there's a bug where it will carry over votes between files.  Easy fix, but kind of dumb oversight.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:10:58 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »
The UBM TechWeb Game Network, organizer of the industry-leading Game Developers Conference events, is pleased to announce that submissions are now open for the 2011 Independent Games Festival -- to be held at GDC 2011 in San Francisco next March.

The longest-running and highest-profile independent video game festival, summit and showcase is now accepting entries to the 13th annual Festival, with deadlines in the Main and Student Showcase categories by October 18th and November 1st respectively, and finalists to be announced on January 2011.

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28893/2011_IGF_Opens_Submissions_Adds_Mobile_Category_Expands_Experimental_Focus.php
IGF website: http://www.igf.com/

Let's do it guys! :hump:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »
I decided to start working on Ampcoder again, though, restarting the project entirely.

Fleshing the GUI out at the moment. Working on adding a tree-browser right now. Planning to add many more features, and customization options regarding the encoders.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »
Game Developer Debuts Free 2010 Game Career Guide Issue

For the third year running, Game Developer’s annual Game Career Guide, a special edition magazine devoted to helping aspiring video game creators and guided by the editors of the industry-leading Game Developer magazine, is being given away for free.

The special magazine -- like Gamasutra, a division of UBM TechWeb -- is now available as a digital version in web-readable and PDF downloadable forms.

The 2010 issue, with a special focus on providing its readers with clear methods to affordably start making games, builds on the success of last year’s edition, which accrued more than 300,000 online page views from more than 32,000 people and was distributed to tens of thousands of people worldwide at major video game consumer and trade shows.

Continued + Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29315/Game_Developer_Debuts_Free_2010_Game_Career_Guide_Issue.php
View the Issue online: http://gamedeveloper.texterity.com/gamedeveloper/2010cg/m2/Document.action?lm=1279134908000

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
Put some more work into the new Ampcoder today. Finished work on the filesystem tree for now, with the idea of being able to queue folders for batch processing. Repeatedly slapped my forehead when I realized I should add a Job Queue. Have some nice ideas for that now, though. Also plan on changing the codec options section, especially compared to older versions of the program.

and shit, i need to organize my music some more.. :doh: :doh:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 06:17:45 PM »

mouse-look / WASD to move camera / HK+Space to rotate mayuyu over the fire

http://www.mediafire.com/?c19aiews0drzkm2

Playing with jMonkeyEngine currently. It's a scene graph engine, that allows some potentially pretty graphics.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4bxd9u9vr9csxl

Decided to try and make something instead of trying to light my idols ablaze.

The ball bouncing is still basic, and doesn't take in to account where it hits a brick, or the position of the paddle. The ball also likes to become stuck in the paddle at times.. and bounce wildly through the bricks :rofl: I'm basically just cannibalizing tutorials at the moment, to learn the basics of this.

PROTIP: USE VSNYC
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:13:29 AM by Amplifier »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:16 AM »
Awesome Amp!! I tried it.

Do you have to install the latest Java? It kinda crashed on me and the controls were really fast. When I got the ball to bounce off the thing, it kinda dribbled on my paddle thing then crash lol

BEAT MY SCORE :D

Fucking great games guys! I played ChrNo's Tetris and the Berryz (Buono?) song is stuck in my head now XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 04:35:48 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?trrhx4qo455urmb

Abusing some tutorials still. Gave up on Breakout for now. I want to make the bricks blow up if you hit them, but couldn't get that to work.

Put VSYNC on, or you will be annihilated.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »

Working on Ampcoder again.  Reached a point on the AAC options that I can work on other parts of the project again. Only going to worry about AAC for now, won't be much to implement support for other codecs hereafter.

I decided that instead of selected a codec from the ComboBox like in the previous version, and then changing the options manually every single time you ran the program, you would instead create presets (see bottom right). I didn't borrow this idea from any other program in any way whatsoever :grin: Also: the presets names default to something like "VBR - 256 - LC", I just named mine poorly. All the presets are stored in XML files, that you can then hand-edit.

Also have the idea that the user can now specify any encoder/decoder they want, rather than me just foisting whatever shit I find on the user.

Just need to bother to make the JTable display my custom class information properly now.. :bleed eyes:

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
wUPnPd
windows universal plug and play daemon

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?rmz5binnsgtnaas (3,2mb compressed DL )
What do I need wUPnPd for?
Port forwarding. If you are behind a router that you can't access or that you don't get to forward a port via it's menu -> UPnP forwarding (aka. UPnP NAT) might be the way of your choice.
Unlike most tools out there wUPnPd is supposed to continuously update the forwarding, not just once.
Still why wUPnPd and not some other tool?
If you have a stable DSL connection that does not have disconnects (e.g. the external IP changes) you don't need wUPnPd at all.
However if you suffer from 24h disconnects or for some other reason from an unstable connection that disconnects often wUPnPd can be really helpful.
You will not need to worry again about your file sharing or other server applications to be out of reach for a long time again (like when you're at school or working).

Modern file sharing software (almost all torrent ones at least) do UPnP NAT internally, you won't need any tool like that for those.
But Japanese file sharing software like share, winny and perfect dark don't do that, nor do any webserver.
Known issues
 It says "Error: can't find UPnP device"
There is a small chance your router does not support UPnP, most modern router do however. Very likely the program is just unable to communicate with your router, this is a temporary issue and will fix itself and appear once in a while. You may also need to run it as Administrator (just assuming).
 "It's memory usage increases infinitely!"
Yep. There seems to be a small memory leak somewhere with every update it seems to increase by 200~500kb, c++ fuck yeah! Overall the file size and memory usage is relatively high for such a small program because 1. I build all libs into the executable 2. I'm using wxWidgets which includes a lot of code I don't use at all but I want the app to be easily portable.

short facts / info:
  • it checks the external ip every minute (the update interval), renews the NAT when the ip changed
  • it can't remove forwarded ports (yet), router usually reset everything once they reconnect though
  • I didn't test udp forwarding but it should work (technically it does but..)
  • to actually close it right click on the icon on the taskbar and press close -> it only really closes when it's hidden on the taskbar (system tray actually)

tl;dr some prog for automatic upnp port forwarding. I needed one so badly the past years now finally I got around to code a prog for it.
If someone can test it, I would appreciate the feedback because I'm not sure for 100% that it doesn't need any additionally DLLs and also it might not work for other router than mine (even though it should...). Another problem might be that it doesn't detect your lan ip correctly which would be a major problem (unless I make the box write-able so people can fix it manually)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:02:22 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:44 PM »
Because I've been spending uncounted hours on Twitter lately, closely following my beloved AKB idols and game designers, I started poking around a Java API to access Twitter. Thankfully Twitter4J is reasonably easy to work with. I then had the bright idea to go about working with JavaFX for the GUI portion. JFX is pretty sweet, and I love myself some pretty GUI, but using the GUI designer in Netbeans is a greater chore than handcoding Swing at this point :doh:

Maybe I'll just keep kickin it Swing style, baby :sweatdrop: Anyone have protips regarding JavaFX?

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
Major boredom caused me to update the wUPnPd prog.

DL of version 1.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rsnmekrpew0o8v6 (it seems like DLLs will be missing for most ppl, I'll repackage it someday with those)

Not much to say this time except for that:
1. memory leaks might be fixed (usually stays at 12.600K max usage for me)
2. it can sync with the router which means it'll read all ip forwarding entries for your lan ip into the prog (replacing the table content/ it doesn't change anything on the router side)
3. right clicking on a row in the table will delete that port forwarding (also from the router!) however...
4. ... adding a new one to the table will not be automatically added to the router (you need to update it first)
5. there might be a glitch when adding port forwarding (as in that it doesn't add the row to the router until your external ip changes), when that happens restart the tool.
6. automatic update always updates/checks all rows (in a 1 min interval)
7. I didn't look into the error message "Error: can't find UPnP device" but it's really no big deal.
If you sync it and find some entries in the list you didn't add yourself it'll most likely be your torrent client or some other modern p2p based application, so don't worry.

As for everything else it's so simple that no other explanations are needed.
Also you can't damage your router by using the prog, just don't forward more ports than needed since every open port is like an open door to your house bad people can use to enter more easily~
Since deleting entries is now possible you can take care of all that though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:21:59 PM by nachdenki »
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 08:20:47 PM »
I've been working on a new project for some time, an IRC client.
It's almost entirely written in C++ except for some socket related methods and I do use clibs for random and time stuff since including a huge c++ library (like boost) or writing my own didn't seem worth it.
Actually it's two projects - an IRC library and a wxWidgets GUI that uses the library. Hence the library is actually focus of the development.
I don't have a compiled executable yet (well I have but none that is worth sharing right now) nor a recent screenshot but I've created a project on launchpad (like sourceforge)
https://launchpad.net/momoirchi
Currently there is the source of the IRC library "upped" (in the "trunk" branch). The code for the GUI that gets one an executable will follow today or tomorrow (want to make it compatible with the new irc lib version first).
On the project page I've scheduled a release (binary) for end of the month which is more time than I need, I'm just testing stuffs and being lazy as well.

So yeah I don't actually expect anyone to use the client since there are much better ones out there but maybe either someone wants to use the IRC library someday or someone is just curious about how an approach to write an IRC client can be and feels like checking some of the code (it's all there and under zlib license which pretty much means do whatever). Making a bot out of it isn't difficult either.

On a side note - probably like everyone? - I want to code an idol game someday, or rather H!P in my case.
A common idol game idea seem to be a fighting game (beat 'em up), there even exist some already.
Somehow I also think it's kind of natural due to rivalry etc.
But personally I find the idea of coding a beat 'em up rather boring, you have to come up with some decent character control (to make it look smooth) and a good collision detection since that's how you detect the hits. But you also have to get some good sprites (or 3D models when it's in 3D) since they're what the player looks at throughout the whole game, if they don't look like that idol xyz it's meh.
So since forever I favor coding some kind of RPG but I didn't get further than some kind of experimental programs so far. And to make it idol related I totally lack a concept, what you do in the game. Killing monster doesn't fit much unless it's some kind of magical girl stuff (super cute idol kills the monsters with her super cute power). I also can't decide whether it should be retro or like a newer game. With retro I mean look and feel like some SNES game (which might be easier).
If someone is already coding on or wants to code on an idol game or has some interesting thoughts/ideas I would be interested to hear.

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
I'm working on media player (C++) because other media players don't provide such features which I need.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:35:55 PM by mske »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
Been kicking a little game around, that I've wanted to work on for a while. Cooking it up in Java, planning to use jMonkeyEngine for the client. Actually using NetBeans for the work, because I was lazy and wanted a quickndirty GUI for other parts :sweatdrop: I gotta try to work more on my JPH!P Android app too :jphip:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »
Dunno if you guys have something like this, but a neat little tool I have for coding or even posting image links here is ClipX. It's a free clipboard history manager and it's really handy to cut and paste snippets of code around rather than have to swap back and forth between pages.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »
Finally got around to re-making bartender_bot's trivia module. Completely rewrote it, because the old code looked like Mongolian to me now (no comments; almost two years old, haha oh wow). While wagering isn't quite working yet, you can play through a game in a jiffy, with zero bugs it looks. It took me a day to code out entirely, and it's probably 1/4 the size of the original bot, and it's ridiculously simple in comparison. Come play in IRC @ #jph!p-trivia :cathappy:

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
Just finished a batch uploader for the picroda \o/ it's written in php though and quite unhandy for everyday use so I'll port it to c++ or c# in the next days (few weeks) and add a GUI.

Other than that I'm too busy with work to be able to code much nowadays ;_; maybe I'll publish some android app (drawing app) someday next month when I bought some RAM so that I can run a web-browser and eclipse at the same time without one or both crashing every other minute :lol: (still need to add a few features)

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2011, 11:24:58 PM »
jphip picroda upload tool - kinda finished

Download v1.1.1
Download v1.1
Download v1.0

Usage:
- enter your username and password,
- select a tag / make a comment,
- choose the category (writing in your own text here will either crash or upload to wrong category)
- drag and drop the files you want to upload into the white box (from explorer for example)
- once you have files in the box you can press "upload"
note: only *.jpg files supported at the moment.

new in version 1.1:
- experimental: dragging images directly from firefox/browser adds the url to the list (for upload it dls it into the RAM then uploads it) - if imgs are links to html files etc. it might not work (for IE: drag the fav icon of the image's page)
  |_however it's kinda detecting whether it's a jpg or not and only ups the file when it's a jpg so no need to worry about upping garbage (though the server won't accept that anyway I assume)
- added akb48 and snsd names to the list
- some visual feedback~
- idle time between each upload is 1 sec (maybe I already set this in the previous release), to give the server more time to breath

new in v. 1.1.1:
- dragging from browser filters stuff so only files with .jpg will be added to the list (before even any plain text was possible)

might require some new .net framework to run
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:11:23 PM by nachdenki »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Tell Me My Speaker Box