JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - BOUKENSYA TACHI

Author Topic: Official Nintendo Wii U Thread  (Read 15660 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: Official Nintendo Wii U Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 01:31:26 AM »
^
I am far more excited about the WiiU version than the 3DS version, but since the WiiU version won't be out until later, I will most likely end up getting both versions ... orz. Why am I so weak?

I am terrible at fighting games, yes, even Super Smash Bros., but the concept and character selection draws me in anyway. The added game mode with the multiplayer adventure crawl brawl thing looks super fun, though, and I am extremely happy that both versions get online multiplayer! I am really loving the positive spin they are taking on their leaderboard stats and game matching as well. This is truly the way to do it. Leaderboards that tell me I'm #7352878925729875923 are super boring and I never check them. Having a leaderboard tell me I'm better than 136716 people is far more exciting (and motivating) :D

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 12:11:46 PM »
I can't buy them because of this bet ;____; genuinely sad.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 04:45:12 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
Mario Kart 8 Free Game Promotion Now Available In Scandinavian Countries

Nintendo of Europe and product distributor Bergsala have today offered alternative support for those in Scandinavian countries without a Club Nintendo account, wishing to participate in the Mario Kart 8 bonus promotion.

Announced last month as part of a special Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct, the promotion required consumers to register the game to a Club Nintendo account before July 31, in order to receive the free Wii U title. But countries that do not currently support Club Nintendo were left in the dark, without official support.

In an announcement posted today for Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Norway, consumers who purchase the upcoming racing title will receive a special pin code, which can then be registered to a particular website. Once registered, fans will be issued with a download code for their requested free Wii U title. The ten titles on offer are exactly the same as Europe and include The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U and Nintendo Land, just to name a few. For more information, you can access Nintendo’s official Scandinavian websites.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/14/mario-kart-8-free-game-promotion-now-available-in-scandinavian-countries/

:twothumbs

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 12:42:52 AM »
Downloaded Mario Kart 8 right at Midnight last night! I love it a lot. It's a gorgeous game with great music and the tracks are super innovative but it still feels like good old Mario Kart. I cleared all the 50cc's with no problem last night, but I did notice that steering with the Wii U controller on tilt mode isn't quite as smooth and easy as the wii mote was on Mario Kart Wii... so that will take some getting used to. But all and all I really, really recommend this one.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »

I bought Mario Kart 8 yesterday and it's flippin' fun! So much fun it's making me feel like a kid again :D

The option to upload videos to Youtube is pretty awesome:

Rosalina probably hates my Yoshi XD

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »
I don't think I've ever been this excited about a Mario Kart game xD I loved the original SNES game, but none of the other titles in the series managed to grab me. I have the GBA game, and the 3DS one - haven't really played either very much ^^;. This WiiU iteration, though. This is something else.

The game looks extremely good, you feel like you're going fast, there are plenty of fun characters and things to customize and it's exciting! The multiplayer seems amazingly well organised as well. I am trying to pace myself so that I won't OD on Mario Kart the day after launch, but it's difficult XD

We should all add each other and do JPH!P races~!

What are your favourite vehicle part combinations so far?

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »
We should all add each other and do JPH!P races~!

What are your favourite vehicle part combinations so far?

Yeah! My Nintendo ID is Shelletor if anyone wants to add me.

As far as vehicle combos, I haven't unlocked everything YET, but I've been favoring the Yoshi Bike or Sports Bike and slim wheels and the flower glider.

Offline asdf111

• ecchi
  • ayaya ♥
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 07:32:37 AM »
Mario Kart 8 might be what finally convinces me to get a Wii U.  I've never really been a fan of the console but I've heard such good things about the game~

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:40 PM »
Star Fox Wii U Will Have You Piloting A Helicopter With GamePad-Based Controls

Shigeru Miyamoto recently sat down with TIME magazine to discuss his latest Wii U projects, including the newly leaked Star Fox game. Fans have clamoured for a new game to the series since the GameCube days, so it’s no surprise the game initially started out as a Wii title. However, since Nintendo has lacked the ability to utilise the GamePad fully in many of its first-party titles, rather rendering it as a map screen for the most part, Star Fox Wii U is set to change that.

Unfortunately, TIME magazine’s link to the article has been pulled, but we’ve gathered a few snippets from the interview which you can see below, including the control learning curve and the new helicopter vehicle within the game.

“I think Star Fox will be a game you spend a little bit of time getting used to the controls, but that once you do, then you’ll understand what’s fun about that experience. I don’t think it’ll take a lot of play time for people to get used to it. For most people, it’ll take maybe 30 minutes to an hour. So from that standpoint it’s not a game that’s particularly well-suited to displaying at a show like this, where you only have a short amount of time to play, so that’s why we held the event yesterday, to get everyone in to play for a longer period of time than they might normally.

“And then once you get used to the play style… I didn’t go into this detail the other night because it starts to get a little bit complicated, but once you get it, you’ll also be able to press a button to switch the view from one screen to the other. So you could play with the cockpit view on the TV and the fighter view down on the GamePad screen if you feel like that’s a better way to play.”

Miyamoto also mentioned how the new helicopter vehicle came into play: “With the helicopter, we’ve been thinking of the two-screen gameplay, and so that was one of the early ideas. One of the things we’re considering at this point is making the helicopter so you could have two pilots, two people playing together, and what that’ll allow is you could have one player piloting the helicopter, and another player who’s using another controller to control the robot.

“In the case of the Arwing spaceship, if you have two pilots, they’re most likely going to be sitting front-to-back, and you’ll have one piloting, the other able to look around. When you have someone piloting but someone else who can look around, what’s most beneficial to the person who’s looking around is the ability to look down below. In designing the Arwing we couldn’t quite think of a good way to have to redesign it so you’d have one player who could look down below. Thus we decided to create the helicopter.”
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/10/star-fox-wii-u-will-have-you-piloting-a-helicopter-with-gamepad-based-controls/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 07:14:05 PM »

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »

This looks so adorable.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 04:37:29 PM »
E-shop compatible with Suica cards in Japan

Got hit with this piece of news today. Shiiiiit. This sounds dangerous. I love Suica (for those of you who don't know, Suica is a NFC payment card, you charge money to it and use it to pay for train rides, it can also be used in convenience stores and vending machines ... and now with your (Japanese) WiiU).

Every time Nintendo made it easier for me to buy games, I ended up buying more games! I am sort of glad I won't be able to use my Suica for this with my European WiiU, but it would be cool with a NFC payment option. I wonder if other countries will get this feature in the future.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »
I still have 3300Y on my card XD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »
Well my bro visited and I had a chance to play Wii U that he brought with him! Here are my GAME REVIEWS :lol:

Mario Kart 8 - Fun races, but unfortunately playing with my bro was not that much fun because he had already largely mastered the game while I was a noob, and unfortunately the NPCs seem to play according to how the better player is doing. So when I played solo I was placing 1st - 4th, but when I was playing with my bro I was placing 5th - 12th. It was depressing and I didn't have as much fun as I would have liked; I would have needed more time to learn the tracks and a week is not enough. Still, I recognize that it's a fun game, but it's more fair if the players are somewhat equal as well :P Oh and one great change from the previous Mario Kart game I played a lot (the one where you can play together on the same car and the other one just throws stuff out?); if you drive off the track you get back in action much faster. It's still annoying, but not as bad as it was.

Kirby's Adventures - The original Kirby's Adventures for NES was the very first game I bought with my own money as a wee lass. This game I felt captured the feeling of the original while adding more gameplay variety and being even more adorable than the original. As someone who had played a Kirby game before, it was so easy and smooth to just dive in. Lots of fun, fun to play with a friend and great how the game bit by bit becomes more challenging. I liked it :3

That Mario Cat Game - The 3D way of playing would have required much more time for me to get used to. We ended up just having one session for playing this cuz I wasn't having a great time failing jumps and generally having no idea wtf I was doing ha ha.

Wii U Karaoke (Joysound) - Some problems I had with this: for some reason the game disconnected after each song (my bro thought this was because of his Internet timing out for some reason, but anyways) and the game didn't count this as unused karaoke time, so I really didn't get an hour's worth karaoke time like the first free ticket to the game allows you to. Also, while the song selection has Jpop songs, the selection isn't that wide (from H!P there were 5 Momusu songs, 5 C-ute songs and 2 Aya Matsuura songs). The second problem was that the romaji over the Japanese was really small and difficult for me to read so I ended up trying to read the Japanese instead,  but ofc my Japanese isn't good enough, so basically I ended up failing the lyrics just about constantly. The good thing is that it gives that echo effect that puts you in karaoke mood. I think there's supposed to be a competitive element to how well you do, but to me the idea of that is against the idea of karaoke so I just didn't care about it and did whatever I wanted. LOL Anyway, if I owned a Wii U and was desperate for karaoke I might buy an hour ticket once a month or so if there was no disconnect problem, cuz it can be fun.

Tank! Tank! Tank! - This is a game that my brother randomly bought from a discount bin for 10 euros and it ended up being the game we played the most, almost obsessively. You are a tank and you shoot things. That's it. We played story mode to unlock things and managed to unlock maybe 3/4 of the missions. If you have the wrong tank for a certain mission it can get a bit frustrating LOL but still in a fun and "we just have to try ONCE MORE" type of way, it's really addictive LOL. I can't imagine playing it solo, but with a friend I think it's a lot of fun. The bad thing is probably that the support tank is always the same tank, while the main player can choose from a variety of unlocked tanks. But as the one who played a support tank every time... I really didn't mind. What you get from loot boxes varies based on the mission anyway, so you get to try a few different weapons as well :P

Anyway all in all I thought playing Wii U was a lot of fun and I even got in a bit of old school Wii Sports tennis practice >_>
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »

:drool:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23:25 PM »

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - BOUKENSYA TACHI