JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AndMarkHer - A Gap In The Cloud

Author Topic: Let's Play PoupeeGirl  (Read 104675 times)

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Through Space and Time~
Re: Let's Play PoupeeGirl
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »
Thank you so much, Shi!!  :heart: :heart:

MAAAAAAAAAN, this no reset thing pisses me off. I wanna ribbon whore both you AND Odango today but I caaaan't. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to give Odango 40R (I'm so sorry, bb  :heart:)

I can't wait to get my new bonus ribbons! :O I'm excited about that, at least... XD

I'm still not happy about all the new changes. EXCEPT for the Poupee models in Kath's shop. lol

Has anyone bought any of the Jewel only items?

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »
Thank you too, Sexy Beam :D I'm already up to 187 ribbons today, feels crazy. To think I only had 4 when I woke up. Insane!

I fear ribbon inflation though D:

Haven't given in to jewel items yet :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
I've yet to purchase Jewels... Waiting for Christmas or my birthday (So, at least 6 months till I get some).

Today, I'm ribbon whoring Odango with 40R and then tomorrow I'll give Shi 20R and my other IRL friend Jessika 20R.

I HATE THIS NO RESET CRAP, WTF. >: Seriously... Soooo pissed.

But at least there's new present floor items! I bought all the bracelets cos I'm a dork... LOL I need a lot of good luck. XD
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:59:06 PM by Sexy Beam »

♥♥ // Infinite Bits Gaming Con // ♥♥ // Poupee Girl // ♥♥ // YouTube // ♥♥ // LJ // ♥♥

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks girls for leaving so many comments~ :heart: I'll continue to split my posts between you two~

BTW, how do we zoom in on our poupee so we can take pictures~?
I saw the large picture of your doll SB and really liked it~

Edit:
I just noticed that when I comment on something I've commented on before, I get the ribbons, but the comment doesn't show up in my comment box. I tried it on two of Shi's items, so I want to make sure you're getting the ribbons~
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:09:46 PM by Odango »

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:35 PM »
Thanks girls for leaving so many comments~ :heart: I'll continue to split my posts between you two~

BTW, how do we zoom in on our poupee so we can take pictures~?
I saw the large picture of your doll SB and really liked it~

Edit:
I just noticed that when I comment on something I've commented on before, I get the ribbons, but the comment doesn't show up in my comment box. I tried it on two of Shi's items, so I want to make sure you're getting the ribbons~

Thanks Odango for your comments, too~  :heart:

Basically, while at my browser, I hit Control and the + key to zoom in and control and - to zoom out. It makes the ENTIRE page bigger, though. Not just the Poupee. XD Sometimes when it won't zoom in and you have to click somewhere outside of whatever's in Flash to get it to work. Hope that helps~  :twothumbs

And yeah, when you comment on something you've commented on before, it doesn't show up but you both still get ribbons! It confused the crap out of me at first, too. XD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »
Hmm have either of you tried to sell shells today??

I just can't get them sold, it's so weird. Not all day. Is there a shell rain?? That might explain why they're not selling, cuz everyone's getting them... :?

I'm just worried I might give in and throw them into the spring and get crappy items, as usual... LOL!!! But maybe I'll just keep collecting and throw at least one batch in...

I'm a bit worried about how easy it is to make ribbons now ^^;; I already have 412 ribbons! I never got this many in what.. two days?? It's insane. Still, gotta keep my eyes on da prize (VDay items) before going on a crazy shopping spree!!

wowowowo so many changes o-o

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2009, 11:07:02 PM »
Shi, after you mentione dthe shell rains, I went and checked, and yeah, for a little bit I got a shell for every few profiles I went to. :(

I have 26 shells now but I'm debating whether to use them or sell them... XD I usually get CRAP in the shell spring, too. :(

Yeah, I've jumped up 500 ribbons now.  It's awesome, but woooooooooow. That was fast. XD

I guess I might be able to get both Vday stuff and Natsu Matsuri with the help of you girls!  :twothumbs

THANK YOU!!!  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :tama-heart: :tama-heart: :tama-heart: :tama-heart: :tama-heart: :tama-bigheart:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:20:50 AM by Sexy Beam »

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 04:05:29 AM »
Natsu matsuri had started~

So many cute things.... and so few ribbons T.T

Edit:
They have lots of cute things in the jewel section now too~! >.<

... I think I may have to buy some X.x
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:09:03 AM by Odango »

she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 04:18:51 AM »
NATSU MATSURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

OH MY HEAVENLY STAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS

Will return after I buy everything in the shop.

EDIT:

WOW, am I PISSED.

ALL THE CUTEST STUFF IS IN THE JEWEL SECTION I KNEW THIS WOULD  HAPPEN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I know all caps... But it is the only way I could describe how I feel right now. T___T

WTF, Strawberry Yukata.... GO TO HELL, KATHERINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:27:33 AM by Sexy Beam »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 10:11:56 AM »
The prices at the jewel store are insane, too. Convert the price into ribbons (2.5x) and you'll see D:

At first I was like, crap. Strawberry yukatas and bunnies and teddies. But thank god for the preview button :lol: I decided I could live well without both. I don't understand the hugging bunnies at all, they're like sticking onto your arm! wtf lol Maybe I'm just too picky :lol: They're cute but I don't understand the concept... haha. And the strawberries, I find the pattern is a bit plain because it's only strawberries. If I just try hard enough I find flaws in anything and can decide not to buy :lol:

I think I know which yukata I want, but because I'm worried about VDay items being unlocked soon, I think I might wait until the end of month to buy anything (since the items are up till Aug 31st)... I'm kind of itching to buy it, but 200 ribbons is still a lot if the VDay items do get unlocked D:

Hahaha as for the limiteds, I don't even want the cotton candy because I over-ate some last month and now just the idea of it makes me go eww :lol: It looks cute but... Yeah, don't want some for myself. Haha I'm such a weirdo.

EDIT:
I hope you galz don't mind that when I comment I do all items from back to front regardless of whether I've commented on the same item before :lol: I just do it to you two for the sake of 'sharing teh ribbon love' :lol:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:39:18 PM by shirenu »

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »
This is one of the outfits I bought:

After inspecting everything in the Jewel area, I've decided it's all stuff I can live without... XD Would have been NICE to be able to have some of it buuuut... I guess I'll buy some extra special Furisode during the New Years event this year when I can get some Jewels as Christmas gifts...

I do love those humping bunnies! :lol:

I'm going to continue to whore ribbons because I already spent over 1200R on this event... AND THERE'S MORE I WANT. XD

I'm so happy Natsu Matsuri is heeere~~~~ Everyday, I'll be wearing something summery!

Post your Matsuri pix here, plz :3
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:51:07 PM by Sexy Beam »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
That yukata is really cute SB! :heart:

Hehe I don't have a yukata yet so I wore my Chinese dress and went crazy with flowers >o<

This is like my favourite dress in all of poupee, haha.

I counted I'd need at least 420 ribbons for a "complete" natsu matsuri outfit, so even if I could afford it right now I'm still saving cuz I'd be almost broke afterwards. :lol: I wish there was a better selection of shoes though. The ones in jewel section are nicer, but the colours don't match with the yukata that I want :P

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2009, 07:31:05 PM »
I LOVE THAT CHINESE DRESS!!! Soooo cuuute shi~ Where'd you get it? :O

I did go broke... I have nothing left for V-day items. DX

I just... adore all the items in the Natsu Matsuri event~~~~~ Woooow. Super cute~~~

I'm ribbon whoring right now... And taking new pictures to upload. XD I thought I was running low on items, but after searching my room a bit, luckily, I have tons of dollar store jewelry I can post.  :twothumbs

I need to go to my friends store to buy some more jewelry to post... His family owns a large warehouse-like store where they sell all kinds of Chinese made items like fake jewelry and bootleg purses. LOL It's super cheap~~
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:40:03 PM by Sexy Beam »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »
I LOVE THAT CHINESE DRESS!!! Soooo cuuute shi~ Where'd you get it? :O
It's from a vacation event, it was like the first event on poupee after I joined XD
http://community.livejournal.com/catherineshop/tag/09+vacation+event
Got the shoes from there, too :D

Yeah I totally thought of you SB when I found out it was Natsu Matsuri :lol:

If I got desperate for uploads I could take pics of more stuffed animals.. haha.

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
Aww, both of your poupee's are so cute~ And I love the dress too Shi~ I actually started during that event too, but I don't think I purchased anything >.<

I only ended up purchasing a few ribbons cause I don't want to go overboard >.< I really shouldn't have got them, but I wanted the bankasa XD

Here's my poupee today~

As for the Valentines event, I can't wait for that either. One of the things I'm really wanting are the heart balloons and the shoes~ But I'm sure most people are going to keep those for themselves XD The dresses are really cute too~ And I want one of the candy shaped purses XD
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:41:53 PM by Odango »

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2009, 04:23:48 AM »
Wow, Odango, I LOVE your Poupee~~ Great job!!

Thanks for posting a large picture of her in that yukata... Now I have to get it. LOL I only bought that yukata I posted and the pink sweets Jinbei... I've been undecided as to which yukata I'm going to buy next... But after seeing the one you bought in detail, I think that will be my next purchase!  :heart:

I joined Poupee a few days days before the room event ended... I didn't get a chance to take a good look around Kath's shop, so I missed all those items. :( There's been so many cute things on Poupee I've missed out on... Makes me emo. :(

But that's why I'm making up for it this Natsu matsuri event.. Ohohoho~~~~   :wahaha:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2009, 11:19:37 AM »
Cuteness :heart:

Oh my god I am so lost when I can't sell shells!! It's been such a main income for me, it feels like I'm now unemployed hahahaha. I just hope this shell rain won't last forever.

I did maths for VDay items based on the original prices (hopefully some will be sold for less), and I'm going to need at least 610 ribbons to get some things that I want (one of each).... Of course I might like more than one colour of some items, but I can't afford everything I guess... haha.

Anyway added with the yukata, I'm gonna need at least 1030 ribbons :lol: Aiming for 1200, I guess...

I'm just so lost when I can't sell shells lol!!! No income!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
I decided to post a somewhat updated version of the poupee strategies :D Because things have changed...

Obvs this is for the people who are just starting :D

How to make ribbons

Daily things:
- Daily login: 10 ribbons (works automatically)
- Daily dressup: 10 ribbons
- Dress up bonuses:
3 consecutive dress up days: (?? ribbons)
7 consecutive dress up days: (?? ribbons)
10 consecutive dress up days: 30 ribbons
Daily dress up every day of a month: 200 ribbons

Commenting items in other poupees' closets:
- You get 2 ribbons for each comment. You can make 20 ribbon comments a day. That means you can make 40 ribbons each day by commenting. The reset times are now history.

Closet:
Post fashion items in your closet and get 5-15 ribbons and a poupee item from each photo. Three most important rules: 1) the pics must be fashion-related items or dolls/stuffed animals/plushies, 2) no faces should be visible in the pics, 3) the items and photos should be your own (so no catalogue pics etc).
Don't post more than 5 pics a day, as you stop getting ribbons.

Selling:
Sell the poupee clothes and items that you don't want or need anymore. http://oribon.info is very useful for finding out how to price your items.

Shells:
Selling shells. You may get an item by throwing 5 shells into the shell spring. If you tend to have bad luck, you may try selling the shells instead (usually 3 ribbons for each).

Finding shells: You find shells when you visit different poupee profiles. The yellow bird comes flying down with the shell is on its head (if the bird doesn't fly, there won't be a shell). Click the shell when you see it. The chances of finding a shell are increased if you click 'suteki' in the closet for any item and also if you wait a little before checking the poupee home. (It's useful to maybe browse another site to kill some time.) Remember to try refresh once.

The other stuff would be just copy+paste, so see the previous post for more:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=18722.msg579969#msg579969

Jewels:
Jewels are the new currency on poupee that can only be acquired by buying with real life money omg. Some items in Katharine's shop can only be bought with jewels.
Jewels can be turned into ribbons in poupee bank. One jewel is 2.5x ribbon, so for 1000 jewels you would get 2500 ribbons.

That's what I could quickly come up with >o<
Anyone remember what the new bonuses are for 3 & 7 days of dress up??

OMG the Valentine's Day items are out DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

They're still way too expensive omg TT___TT

Haven't got anything yet from my long list of items :lol:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:31:38 PM by shirenu »

Offline Sexy Beam

• キラ☆キラスター
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2009, 03:30:13 AM »
I bought something grossly overpriced because I had just woken up and my mind was fuzzy... Now I regret it because I can't sell it and it looks bad on my poupee... :(

I would have rather bought another yukata... :(

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »
LOL I've been patiently sitting here refreshing, decided that I would pay 30% more the original price.
Right now the prices seem to be going down A LITTLE BIT, except for the shoes and high waist skirt (which seems to be hopeless to get for a decent price lol).

I finally got white frilled socks for 55 ribbons (originally 40), the pink classical dress for 128 (originally 100), and blue dot dress for 155 ribbons (originally 120). Still a bit more than what I wanted to pay but whatever lol. I don't feel horribly ripped off yet, tho I've seen the dot dress go for lower prices now D:

OMG WTF THE DOT DRESS IS MAD SHORT WTF I'LL NEED A PANNIER TO GO WITH IT WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARM ME LOL OMG *dead*.

Goddamn I'll spend the whole day now refreshing the fucking poupee market. I just know it.  T_T

EDIT.
Instead of looking for a pannier I decided to sell the dot dress. :lol: Got 5 ribbons less for it than I paid it for, but 5 ribbons isn't serious loss...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:45:38 PM by shirenu »

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AndMarkHer - A Gap In The Cloud