JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 21872 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Walking Dead
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:58:44 AM »

The Walking Dead is an upcoming American television series created for television by Frank Darabont and based upon the comic book series of the same name created by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore. It will premiere on the AMC network on October 31, 2010 with a 90-minute premiere episode, during the network's "Fearfest."

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the United States in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive

Looking forward to this :D

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:09:13 AM »
I just started reading the comic about a week ago and I'm really enjoying it. I read a lot of good things about it and then heard about the show. I'm looking forward to this, too.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
I love zombies, and The Walking Dead comic is absolutely amazing. Okay, so I've never made it past volume 5... or 6, because I can never remember how many volumes I own when I'm at the comic book store T_T;;;; BUT ONE DAY~... I'll buy the rest and read it all 8D! Really looking forward to the show... from the trailers and previews I've seen so far, it looks like one hell of a show :D

And I assume people have seen this amazing fan-made credits mock up? *o*

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »
I have now! Awesome find twissie! :w00t:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
The first episode has leaked (not very good quality though)... I watched it and liked it!! Only minus would be that based on trailers and stuff I'd read earlier, I could guess almost everything that happened in the episode. But after this it should get only more exciting :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »
I thought it was unbelievable. Andrew Lincoln is a great actor, my only concern as it were was on how convincing he can pull off an American accent, but no problems from what I can see. The zombies look creepy as hell and I genuinely felt this rush and sense of dread when he found the horde of zombies in Atlanta. Super excited about this series now and can only wonder where it goes from here.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
How amazing is this show? I've been completely gripped by every scene. There's only 2 episodes left to go in what is a ridiculously short season. On the plus side, Season 2 is already confirmed

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »
I'm not completely caught up yet (just watched ep. 4). Absolutely love the show, but I keep feeling that they're adding stuff in that wasn't in the comics? I don't know, nor do I really care. I'm a firm believer in different media = different story, and that's the way it should be.. it just kind of surprised me, because the previews and the first episode made it look like the series would follow every detail of the comic.

Then again, it's been ages since I actually read the comic XD Perhaps I'm just remembering it wrong.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
^ They've actually changed a lot of things on purpose. The creator says that this way they can bring uncertainty to those viewers who have read the comic, so they can't know what's going to happen either, and it's more interesting to them :lol:

I really liked the first season! I've read a lot of comments about the show being boring and slow, but I guess those people don't watch Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire, The Wire etc. :lol: I'm totally fine with the current pace, and I don't find the so-called boring scenes boring at all really LOL

I want to marry Glenn :heart: I love his "OH SHIT OH SHIT" face XD

Oh and... I acquired the comics o-o I got tired of people talking about them and not knowing what they're talking about haha.. So I guess I'll read them
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
^
Good! As I said, different media should be a different story. I like that they've done that :D

I've heard several people complain about it being slow too, yet they continue to watch it so... :monster: I think it makes perfect sense to have it be slow paced. I mean... the world basically just ended. There's nothing left for the people to do than just... get by, really. I think the show really captures that by lingering on "slow" moments.

Yay, the comics :D I need to re-read mine, and get a hold of the rest of the series. I realised I only have four volumes of it! :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »
Great show, I think the pace is perfect really.

Only problem is that with just 6 eps, the first season did seem kind of short, especially considering said slow pace.

Second season will be 13 eps, so it seems this problem will be fixed.  :cow:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »
There's a comparison of the comic and the TV series here which makes a good read

I didn't actually read through it though because I'm thinking about buying the comics. That's the good thing about making it different for TV though, it actually encourages someone like me to go pick up the source material and see how it differs. Why would the die hards want each scene recreated frame by frame? That story's been told.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 12:16:32 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
Watched the season finale. Just makes me want to see Season 2 even more, but next year?? :bleed eyes: What does everyone think the doc whispered to Rick? Has to be that his wife's preggers surely? But then does he know it's not his or Shane's?  :panic:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
Just bought the 1st "season=6 episodes" on blu ray.  Loving it.  Knew of the comic back in the day, but never read it.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 05:01:43 AM »
Loved the series, knew of the comics, but didn't read.  Really looking forward to the next season.
Life is one time.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »
I shouldn't laugh, but it is quite funny

'An advertising firm apologised for placing a billboard for a TV show called The Walking Dead on the side of a funeral parlour. The unintended, "unfortunate juxtaposition" caused raised eyebrows in Consett, County Durham. The roadside advert for the Channel 5 post-apocalyptic drama has since been removed from the exterior wall of the Co-operative Funeralcare premises, and an alternative has been pasted in its place. A spokeswoman for Clear Channel, the firm responsible for the billboard, said it was sorry. 'Clear Channel apologises for any offence caused by the unfortunate juxtaposition of this advertisement, which was certainly not intended,' she said. 'We arranged to have it moved right away and it has now come down'

Offline octavarium

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 03:48:54 AM »
I really hope Darabont directs another episode in season 2.  His was the most memorable episode of the first season.  Great show.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
As Stryfe said before, the second season has 13 episodes as opposed to the first season's 6. It's coming Oct. And here's a short preview of what to expect

I'm already excited.

Offline mjolnir870

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »
I usually hate zombie media, but I've heard really good things about this show. Is there an actual story, and if so can someone give me the broad strokes? I don't want to watch if it's just going to be zombie killing.

EDIT: To give an idea, the only zombie movies in recent time I've liked have been Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror