JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Oh Boy

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 21868 times)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:27 AM »
season 2 Finale!

spoilers of course =)

WTF, hooded samurai chick with pet armless zombies? Thats awesome!
What was that in the back? its like a city?
Rick is so badass now. Sucks Shane died last week... but if the last scene is a taste of what Rick is gonna be, that'll do just fine
word.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 03:37:01 AM »
I know I was right on who died.,lol. But omg next season is going to be great!

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 01:16:52 PM »
What was that in the back? its like a city?
A prison... :)

LOL I knew everything that was going to happen because I read detailed spoilers a week ago :lol: But I still really enjoyed it. I think I like this method for myself with this show because of the slow periods they've had; I prefer to know in advance what's going to happen so I'll know how much time to waste on each episode (this one was worth it from beginning to end).

I was worried that this show wouldn't be able to get me pumped up again, but I'm def looking forward to the next season! Also, I like Andrea more now :heart: (I mean, surviving that long solo is pretty cool.)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
oooh, so season 3 is gonna be about life in the prison. That should have some interesting characters.

Yeah, Andrea is awesome now too! Now that she's paired with that sword chick

So, they're all infected as well. I wonder how they got it.  i wanna read the graphic novel, but i don't wanna get spoiled =P
word.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »
Did Carol seriously think she could go off and survive on her own? She's the least effective member of the group! :lol:

Really enjoyed the season. It had it's ups and downs but you also have to consider that the budget was fairly low, AMC gave it away to fund Mad Men some more. Though it's not really a defense because some of the characters (looking at you Lori) have been so annoying this season with their constant indecision, complete u-turns and in Lori's case, practically setting Rick and Shane off against each other. "Ooooh Rick's been away for 5 mins, I better go after him even though I'm pregnant and there's walkers out there." NO! NO! STAY HOME AND LOOK AFTER YOUR FUCKING SON!

I take it the hooded samurai chick is Tara from True Blood. Here's hoping she's less annoying than she was in that.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »
^ Nonononno, they've casted the hooded samurai chick and it's not her.

You can see her here: http://www.comicsbeat.com/2012/03/19/michonne-cast-on-the-walking-dead-danai-gurira/
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
Ah nice! Really want to read ahead and find out more about the jail. Also, I'm not sure what to make of this new character. Seems like she's a bit too...comic book ish? Stupid thing to say seeing as The Walking Dea is a comic, but the show so far seems fairly focused on realism and this one seems almost like a super hero, and I'm not sure it's a direction I want the show to go down. I could very well be wrong and end up loving it though XD

All I know is that Rick is turning out awesome.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »
Trust me, everything about Michonne will make sense. The show needs more characters that aren't complete fucking idiots, anyway. :lol:  I don't remember if I've seen Danai Gurira's acting, she had a small part in Treme but I haven't watched that in a while... stoked anyhow.

I still find it amusing that for the TV version, they took out the very useful, likeable and kick-ass black dude (Tyreese) of the original comic and replaced him with... T-Dog.  :rofl:

Offline darkmars

• ecchi
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »
lmao, t-dog hasnt done anything this season execpt cut his arm really bad in the first ep

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 06:10:08 AM »
Me and my little brother finally started reading the comics. Bought the first 4 volumes. We're planning to watch the marathon that will be airing on AMC this weekend.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:56 PM »
Nothing new about the show, but has anyone been playing the game? I honestly didn't think it was going to be great considering Telltale's recent record, but anyone who's played it seems to love it. Would tell you myself but I just don't have a big enough harddrive on the 360 for it. :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
Oh shit, Michonne looks perfect and badass. Some of the sets and surroundings seen in the teaser are STRAIGHT out of the comic, love it.

Looks like they've changed the Governor's look to a more normal dude, and I don't think it's that bad of an idea, really. He was somewhat caricature in the comic, I always thought.

But anyway, stoooked!

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
When memes collide:

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »
AMC is running season 1 & 2 all day.

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
Just got finish watching the season three first episode. Just wow its getting gorier and gritter.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »
Fantastic season opener. Now I just hope it's not followed by half a dozen episodes of whining and stupidity. :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
First episode was pretty badass, it must be said. I know my sister was watching *THAT* moment from the episode cause I could hear her screaming from the living room :lol:

The Walking Dead video game, previously a multi part digital release, is coming out onto a disc, and the collectors edition is coming with the first 48 issues of the graphic novel. I'm absolutely getting that, it's great for someone like me who's never read the graphic novels. The game is meant to tell an amazing story too, I know nothing of the storyline other than hearing it on game podcasts and the games are incredible and that it's even better than the TV show.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »
Oh my god. Oh. My. GAWD

What happened to this show? The contrast between S2 and S3 so far is huge. The most recent episode continues to deliver the goods, in what is the most unremittingly dark and depressing episode yet.

Have to say as well..*SPOILERS*

Andrew Lincoln was absolutely spot on with Rick's reaction that Lori died. Whatever your thoughts on Lori were (and I know I wasn't a fan), the impact it had on Rick made you wish she survived after all. No ham fisted screaming in frustration or pounding on walls, that was the reaction of a man who just broke down after finding out the woman he loved, the mother of his children, had died.

And poor old T-Dogg. Said more in the first episode than he did all second season. And I wonder if Carol survived?
:(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:54:21 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Oh Boy