JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Megitsune

Author Topic: [TV] JKT48 School  (Read 10026 times)

Offline k12onos

[TV] JKT48 School
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »

Since other AKB48's sister groups have their TV show threads here, JKT48's TV show would belong here too right?  :P

Anyway, JKT48 School is a local TV show they made for JKT48. If you watch it you should notice that it's quite similar with AKB48's TV shows. Shukan, Naruhodo High School and AKBingo images might come across your head when you're watching this. It's up to you how you perceive this as, whether negatively or positively. But it's worth checking this out so you don't miss out on JKT48 ;)

This is episode 1 of JKT48 School, please check it out :)

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to AriefNetwork:

Subs are on the work and I shall update the video with the subbed version once it's available.

In the meantime, do write your comments, critics, or hopes for this show. It might prove to be a valuable discussion and input to JKT48's growth  :D

Woops, looks someone already worked on the subs using youtube's soft sub feature.

You can watch Episode 1 with English Sub here, credit to Schiffertight:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:47:38 AM by k12onos »

Offline k12onos

JKT48 School English Subs:

Episode 1 - Currently no downloadable version. Please opt to stream the above video or download it from youtube :)

Episode 2

720p RAW + Soft-Sub -> http://sub.jkt48.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:52:50 PM by k12onos »

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [TV] JKT48 School
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »
Thank you!!!! :D

I was starting to get a bit fed up with the lack of new JKT48 stuff.  It felt like their initial push wasn't really being followed through and they were being left to sink back into obscurity.

It made me really happy to suddenly see that they got a TV show (and even more happy that some kind and awesome people have done English translations :))

As for the show itself, I thought it was pretty good considering that it's brand new.  It's a little difficult for me to get 100% involved in it right now as I only know a few of the girls and don't know much about any of them.  But then AKB shows were the same for me when I first learned of them.  But the beauty of this show is that it will help me to learn who is who and also get to see their personalities.

The 'hand in the box' game is an old classic but a good way of instantly seeing which girls are real scaredy cats :lol:  JeJe was pretty awesome for her one.  Her reaction was great but her victory dance was just hilarious :lol:  For me she gave the highlight of this show.

I also thought that the ending talk bit was a nice touch.  I think this show definitely has potential :)

Only one thing, and this is not a complaint at all, but I'd like to see a slightly higher resolution version if possibly only because it was a little difficult to read some of the text at times and I was relying on that for the girls names in parts.  Not a complaint at all and I'm very grateful for this upload, but just hopeful for a slightly higher res.

Offline aruka

• (Mostly) a silent force?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
Truly sorry for the very late update. :cry:

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to AriefNetwork:

@Zorr: Currently we're still waiting for the subbed version of JKT48 School from the 'official' fansubbers in Indonesia. They've stated they would use the highest quality (in terms of resolution) the fans ever got (but still nowhere near the quality of the Japanese shows we usually watch).

(Btw, correct me if I'm wrong about the info, k12onos-san)
My fanfic thread      : The Book of My Single Shots | Current update: IKEMEN GAKUEN Troubles [MINOR UPDATE 03/12]
Contributing a bit in : [script?] saku-chan's Drabbles | Completed: #33 - #40 - #89 - #213 - #214

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline bochang

• Psychology Student with a Psychological Problem
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • You can't love another if you don't love yourself.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:29:25 PM »
hmmm i'm an indonesian actually.
maybe i can help with the translation.. but since i don't have any experience in a sub project.. i don't know how to make a sub. LOL
[size=14]ON HIATUS[/size]
(for writing, next term gonna start and lack of inspiration ==" Yeorobuen, Mianhaeyo)

My fanfic:
Infinity and some OS (Ongoing, Chapter 13 Released)
Akibahara Syndrome (Ongoing, Chapter 2 Released)
Bochang's scribble collections

ask me anything @ http://www.formspring.me/hein156

please drop by :D

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
^
Indonesian? Halo, Bung Bochang! Selamat datang dimari! :D

If I'm not mistaken, the fansubber groups there have decided to consolidate together and take turns for subbing each episode. It would be better for you to enter their circle if you wish to participate in translating (and again, correct me if I'm wrong about this info, k12onos-san). I think this is to ensure there are no 'scattered' versions out there.

Or if you prefer working 'alone', you can also post a quick translation for each episode in this thread (just translate the important things and/or the things you found interesting in the episode). At least that would give non-Indonesian speakers the basic ideas of what they're saying.

By any chance, do you also follow JKT's Indonesian forums like IDWS or AIF?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:39:36 AM by aruka »
My fanfic thread      : The Book of My Single Shots | Current update: IKEMEN GAKUEN Troubles [MINOR UPDATE 03/12]
Contributing a bit in : [script?] saku-chan's Drabbles | Completed: #33 - #40 - #89 - #213 - #214

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline k12onos

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
@aruka

Haha, there isn't anything official about fan subbing :P I think the quality is poor compared to Japan's broadcasts due to the nature of the broadcast? Analog/digital thing which I don't really understand  :lol:

By the way,

English subs for Episode 2 is out, you can download both the raw videos and the soft-sub here: http://sub.jkt48.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3

Sorry for not direct linking, at least I need to appreciate the fan subbers by linking to their website  :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:03:17 PM by k12onos »

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
@aruka

Haha, there isn't anything official about fan subbing :P I think the quality is poor compared to Japan's broadcasts due to the nature of the broadcast? Analog/digital thing which I don't really understand  :lol:
Ah, yes. That's what I mean, the analog/digital thing. Well, since I also don't understand I can't explain that either. :lol:

Anyway, Episode 3 is already out.

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to drymale:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:56:00 AM by aruka »

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »
And Episode 4 too! :D

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to nyasarmaknyus:

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
Episode 5 out! :w00t:

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to drymale:

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
ehhh??! jkt48 has their own tv program? i never knew that..LOL..
thanks for the link..

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 07:59:04 PM »
ehhh??! jkt48 has their own tv program? i never knew that..LOL..
thanks for the link..
Eh~ uso.. you've just known now? :shocked But that's okay. That's why the links are provided here. You're welcome... :D

However, if you want to watch them on TV, you can stay tune every Sunday, 14.30 WIB at Global TV.

Note: For others who don't know WIB, it's the time zone of the western part of Indonesia. I bet Google can help if you want to try converting it to your time.

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
uso janai..i have a tv in my room but i usually only turn it on for about 1 hour per day..i can't find any interesting program from indonesian's tv..spongebobs is the only tv program that i watch.but, i'll think i will watch jkt48 school :D

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
same here...i just know that they have their own tv show  :banghead:  :sweatdrop:

i wonder if they also have stage/theater performance...  :?

it would be nice if they do have...since i'm indonesian so i can watch them live  :)

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »
Warm :welcome to jphip, bunny_rabbit-san! :D

Stage/theater performance? Mmm.. have you clicked this link? http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=32877.0

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 08:09:54 AM »
thanks for the info aruka-san

too bad i can't watch their stage debut...i have something important to do on those dates...but i'll make up for the next time...

once again thanks for the info aruka-san

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 06:21:44 PM »
Episode 6 out fellas! :w00t: Here you go!

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to nyasarmaknyus:

Enjoy! :D

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline Katouryuken

• WMatsui ;_;
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
LOL, why I'm the only one who feel surprise see this thread. This TV show just too.....you know it. Too many CMs make me feel pissed of  ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:31:43 AM by Katouryuken »

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:50:57 AM »
^
Yep, that's the biggest flaw of this show: too many CMs, too short members' screen time. :doh:

Episode 7 out! :D Another short episode, but here you go!

RAW (Indonesian), Credit to Dived48:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:02:20 PM by aruka »

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline aruka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
Some kind of bonus content from JKT48's official Youtube site.. the extended version of JKT48 School's OP sequence. Douzo~! :D

P.S. (Personal Sentiment): Sendy~!! What have you done to me??!! :shocked :inlove: :wub:

Want to visit? Douzo~

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Megitsune