JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Pasteboard - Cacao

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137204 times)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #400 on: April 09, 2007, 01:34:01 AM »
First of all i'm sunburnt  :( I'm as red as a lobster after being grilled by the sun @ Sepang.

Ok to the race, i had to watch the replay to know what was going on as sitting in the stands limits you to just 2 informations, the winner and how hot the temperature was.

The result imo was apparent after 10+ laps.

Massa really disappointed with his immature racing style. He thinks his ferrari is a super car which can brake to a stop instantly.. Kimi on the other hand doesn't look like he has a comfortable car to ride on from the start, so can't blame him for not being able to do much except keep up with the leader's pace.

I must say Hamilton did a superb job of soaking up the pressure in the 1st 10 laps. He's a rookie but a cool one. Alonso basically had nothing to defend against. He just needed to make sure he stays out of trouble.

Heidfeld on the BMW did a good job against Massa. But the car is still not competitive enough i feel, looks like it could slide out of the circuit anytime.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #401 on: April 09, 2007, 07:23:42 AM »
You were at the race?  :o
Did you check out any of the events and booths around the pit area during the race weekend?
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #402 on: April 09, 2007, 07:51:31 AM »
The race was kinda boring after the beginning... Ferrari clearly had some problems, maybe they didn't change the Raikkonen's engine because they knew that it would had been impossible to get to the top from the back.

McLaren surely had a great start and their tactic was great as well. Ferrari should also stop talking about how they don't have a number 1 driver and shit... I think Massa already showed everyone who's better of the Ferrari drivers (not the one who lost his pole position in the first curve and then made the most stupid move in ages)

coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #403 on: April 09, 2007, 04:13:30 PM »
I was surprised that Maasa made that mistake when he had that chance to overtake. I mean, he's been around for a while so he should have known better.

On the other hand, props to McLaren. First win since Tokyo 2005, and they're second double-podium finish in as many races.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #404 on: April 09, 2007, 09:53:15 PM »
Great McLaren were great, and I am loving Hamilton, what a rookie!  :D Ferrari sure are missing Shu!!

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2007, 01:58:44 AM »
^ We have raikonnen :) and that's enough

Quote from: amuse
You were at the race? 
Did you check out any of the events and booths around the pit area during the race weekend?

yeap i was.

i was there only for the race day so i didn't get to visit the pits. But on the raceday itself there were quite a few events and i got myself a red cap.  O0

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #406 on: April 10, 2007, 05:25:36 AM »
I agree with ferrar1 .... we have kimi and that is enough!!!!!
But still giving the credit where it is due.... McLarens did a good job in the weekend. And as evident Kimi was visibly disappointed in the post race conference too. The start the pit stops..... Ferrari had a complete fiasco!

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2007, 06:58:24 PM »
Yes, not a great day for Ferrari, but I was only joking, I really rate Kimi, could even be the best driver in F1 at the moment. Looks like it might be between him and Alonso this year, unless Massa pulls his finger out or the boy wonder Hamilton does something even more amazing.

Also, ferrar1, I am so jealous of you getting to the race, been watching F1 since I can remember and still not been to one :D

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2007, 01:37:47 AM »
Yes, not a great day for Ferrari, but I was only joking, I really rate Kimi, could even be the best driver in F1 at the moment. Looks like it might be between him and Alonso this year, unless Massa pulls his finger out or the boy wonder Hamilton does something even more amazing.

I agree with the papers mentioning that Hamilton is highly adaptable. 1st season, new cars, new tracks and he fits in quite nicely. AND it's always good to see new blood in the race with old birds gone :)

I'm lucky as Malaysia is close and cheap to travel to. It costs barely RM 50 for the hillstand tickets = S$25 = 1 H!P album. Lodging depends on where you stay but it safely wont exceed RM 200 per night.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2007, 02:09:32 PM »
Well, Raikkonen admitted being frustrated, that they weren't driving for victory this time, because of limited revs of engine and other "compromises".

I came across a great series of articles, which are about Minardi's 5-year manager Paul Stoddart. Articles give a great view behind the scenes of Formula 1 and to a circus that seems to much wilder than the one on the track.

Part I - 2001
Part II - 2002
Part III - 2003
Part IV - 2004
Part V -2005

BusinessF1 has other good articles as well... It doesn't seem to respond right now, but it might be just me and Japan. I'll hope the site is up again soon.
coot is ctz

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2007, 12:06:13 PM »
Good quali

Massa > Kimi
Hamilton > Alonso

Very interesting, should make for a great race.

Just need Hamilton to do another great start :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »
Hopefully I'll be able to get up in time to actually watch it.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2007, 10:10:58 PM »
Good quali

Massa > Kimi
Hamilton > Alonso

Very interesting, should make for a great race.
Yes, and who among them will fall behind the bmws???

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #413 on: April 15, 2007, 02:35:32 PM »
^ Alonso will fall behind the bmws! good prediction reina's eyes ;)

Cool race from Massa, had it in hand from soon after the start. What another fantastic race for Hamilton, best start to an F1 career ever!! Shame they didn't put on the harder tyres for the second stint.

What a great season we are in for, soooo close.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2007, 01:20:31 AM »
^ IIRC the rule states that they have to use both sets of hard and soft tyres?

Hamilton made it a turkey with 3 podium finish in 3 races. Undoubtedly a good driver who can preserve his machine well and drive well.

It will be definetely a close race this time round with the top 4 racer battling for 1st spot every race. BMW's Heidfield did well also and i think they can slowly catch up when the races switch to Europe.

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #415 on: April 16, 2007, 01:31:39 AM »
^ IIRC the rule states that they have to use both sets of hard and soft tyres?

Yes, but could have used soft set for first stint, then hard for rest of race. Still, they did not know at the time the hard would be so good, so its easy to say that after the race. :D

Edit V.  Love the avatar jlk
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 04:55:27 PM by ggliff »

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
« Reply #416 on: April 16, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
Massa was finally able to redeem himself for his blunder in malaysia!  he's definitely rounding into form judging by his last 2 pole positions.  i hope he can continue to do well for ferrari.  looks like this season is gonna be reallly close with regards to the top 2 teams. Go ferrari! :)

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #417 on: April 16, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
Heidfeld now has 4th place for all three races. Robert kubica has had as bad a start this year as his teammate's has been good. He's been fast in the past, so kubica might soon pull himself up into the top 4 places as well.

A three way tie in the points lead and races characterized by different winners and one of the top four racing toward the rear are making for a great season.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2007, 09:32:37 AM »
Has anyone thought that Hamilton's and Massa's success could be just a sign how easy it is to drive a fast F1 car nowadays. Come on, a rookie gets 3 podium places in his three first races... I'd really like to see Sutin or Albers in McLaren or Ferrari :)

However 3 drivers tied in points after 3 races is great... But now when the series is kinda tight I'd like the old point system better... The win isn't important enough when it's more safe to be third and secure the points.

coot is ctz

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #419 on: May 07, 2007, 04:29:45 AM »
McLaren and Honda had some interesting new front concepts at tests in Spain last week.

McLaren's doesn't look that bad, and they're gonna use it in the Spanish Grand Prix next weekend. However Honda's dumbo-ears look awful and I hope FIA bans them just like the ugly side wings some years ago... Don't know if Honda is ever going to use that front in a race though.
coot is ctz

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Pasteboard - Cacao