JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aikawa Nanase - Red Wheel

Author Topic: Colour of Truth - Omake (Tanakame) Part 7 (last) - 10/04  (Read 83070 times)

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 26 - 03/26
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2010, 07:35:47 AM »
Airi sure is a good boss ne? Taking care of her subordinates so well. Can I have a superior like that too? :D

Awww, so that was why Risa was acting weird the whole time. I lol-ed when Ai smelt her shirt XD

^ Omg rnd, that joke was....cold *shivers* :P

@rnd: I don't think FaqU will bomb TakaGaki. I mean, what could go wrong...right?

EDIT:

Oh yeah, new page gets  :otomerika:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:21 AM »
^ :lol: Sorry, I couldn't help it. :lol: :lol:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2010, 04:00:23 PM »
@ K: and you were saying who was ebil?  :fap You suggesting that I make people hurt each other tsk tsk  :lol:

Hug only, I'll leave the rest up to your imagination about what happened after  :twisted:

The real names will appear.....never hahahahaha I'm going to die with them hahahaha jk jk (Me thinks I've gone crazy no?)

So K, repeating C's question: What is the percentage of your ebilness???  :lol:

@ C: Hey catching up is better than dropping it entirely, meh, I've got no complaints.

Yeah, I don't think I have to tell you when I am grinning, I have a good idea you'll know it  ;)

Yep, Erina as in Mano Erina.  Maimi's advice is good, but will it be still there when the tables are turned???

My mind was thinking the newest model out there so Airi bought the newest one out there just as compensation for the flattened one.  Does that make sense or am I living in my own world again?

Again, I might create ex's for Ai and Risa and practically everyone so that we can get a huge cat fight  :twisted:

@ Her Awesome Holiness: Samui!!!!! Heck I wanna see their outfits in real life!!!!

Heh, I think I might have to cool down on the Takagaki-ness for now, otherwise my whole fic idea would totally go off to another route

@ Mame-chan: You can have me if you want  XD

I don't think you should disagree with rnd because I believe I had a mini discussion with her about bombing the whole world  ;) What could go wrong?  Let me think of the ways  :lol: (Start worrying)

@ Her Awesome Holiness: I don't know why, but since Mame-chan mentioned you're joke was cold, it reminded me of Mikitty in that English Academy session when she was describing her angry situation: "Taxi driver say cold word to me"  (I honestly don't know why that kept repeating itself in my mind)

Chapter 27

Date: March 23
Time: 11:00 pm

“Suzuki-san, we’ve finally located one of our targets” Chisa ran in flailing a paper in the air that almost nicked Maasa

“Watch it shrimp, you almost gave me a paper cut on the face” Maasa glared at Chisa

“Maybe with the paper cut you’ll look better” Chisa shot back totally unappreciating the size comment

“Why you little….” Maasa raised her fists ready to attack and Chisa was positioning herself ready to receive

“GUYS!” Miyabi hollered at them “I know we’ve had a long day and the lack of sleep from yesterday isn’t helping but please not one of our own”  Both Maasa and Chisa glared at each other before Chisa stepped forward and handed Miyabi the paper she was holding

“Apparently, Ken’s crew really doesn’t leave his side at all times.  In this history of all the happenings that Ken has gone through, more or less everything he had to face he had these guys with him, so technically you can say this crew that is around Ken has been with him since the beginning when they were still small fry.”

“Which means that the guys we are looking for will all be in the same place or around the same location.  That makes our work a lot easier if I must say” deduced Airi

“Well there is one particular time that his boys are not stuck to Ken” Chisa pointed out

Airi turned to Chisa, giving her full attention “In our findings, it seems like Ken and his mini crew get to have some fun together at different locations, all close by but away from each other and that is when they go out clubbing as their relaxation”

“It says here, at those particular times, Ozawa has a habit of eating right after having enough to drink with the group, whereas the rest would find a girl for the night.  Maybe out of habit, nobody knows but usually the choice of eating place is close by to one of Ken’s establishments”

“Okay find out where these places are, the club, the establishment, every place where each person will be and let’s gear up in case they don’t want to come in quietly.  Let’s meet down in the parking lot in 2 hours” Airi instructed as she walked to the Commissioner’s office
Date: March 24
Time: 12:13 am

Throughout the evening Sexy would continue to pour Ken drinks, joining in the conversation from time to time as Gen and herself would sip at their own.  It was towards Ken’s 20th glass of whiskey but it seemed like he was still fine which started to worry Gen and Sexy.  By the 25th glass, Ken started showing signs of being whoozy so Gen and Sexy faked dizziness to get them moving along to their next destination.  To play it safe Gen and Sexy, along with other girls induced some games to try to get Ken to drink some more.

By the end of the night, Ken was swaggering using Sexy and Gen as support as his men guided them to Ken’s chauffeured car ‘This is it, our moment, now we just have to be careful to not raise suspicion in our questioning’ As expected, Ken’s men drove them to their destination when Ace was waiting somewhere, perched and ready to fire and Swift closeby.  As they were in the elevator, Ken’s hands started to grope them but because of the task on hand, Sexy and Gen had to continue to act intoxicated and ignore everything.  They could hear the grumbling of Ace in their earpiece, so Gen switched sides so that Sexy was not being groped any longer, in case Ace loses it and does something unexpectedly.  The men guided them to Ken’s suite and guarded the door, closing it before exiting.

Once inside, Gen and Sexy walked towards the bed to drop Ken down first.  Before they could get away though, Ken had latched onto them “and where do you think you guys are going?” Ken started kissing Gen on the neck

“We’re going to shower first” quipped Sexy as she managed to struggle free from Ken, who loosened his grip on both girls, grinning

Gen and Sexy moved away but kept their eyes on Ken taking off his shoes “I think we can start questioning now” whispered Sexy

“Ken-san, will you always be at the bar every week” Gen asked sweetly

“If you’re staying of course” groggily as he took off his jacket

“Now you wouldn’t be lying to me right? I would be so disappointed if you did” Gen fake pouted

“Haha…you miss me already? We haven’t even gotten started but no not unless things come up”

“Things? Like what?”

“Well I have business deals that I am working on”

“Oh with who?” chimed Sexy, clearly wanting to get out of the suite as soon as possible

“With my boss and…and Matsumoto-san” Ken hit his head a couple of times though but then swayed back down to the bed, searching over to his night stand for something.  He pressed a button and the blinds in his room started descending

“I see, Ken-san, you never mentioned what you did specifically, what deals are you having with Matsumoto-san?” continued Gen

“I didn’t” by the tone of the voice Gen knew something was wrong as she saw Ken produce a gun pointing at them “Who are you and what are your intentions”

‘Shit!!! He’s awake already, damn it!! That’s why he was hitting his head, to clear it up!!!! How can I make a mistake like this?’ “I-I-I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Oh you don’t? I had a talk with your dead friend and I was expecting someone to come looking for me soon.  I didn’t expect you girls now who sent you?” hollered Ken, who although was aware of his surroundings, was still a bit tipsy

Gen knew that Ken would pull the trigger regardless so she did the next best thing “SHOOT!” she hollered
Time: 2:34 am

“Ma’am, our target Ozawa should be in that noodle shop” Airi’s team had found the location of the local noodle shop that Ozawa would usually be

“Okay, Miya follow me” Airi got out of the car with Miyabi but at that moment sounds of broken glass emanated from the hotel right beside them.  Airi watched as Ken’s right-hand man and some others rush inside.  Not wanting to lose him, she called for the rest of the team in the cars nearby to follow them

“Chisa, Nakky, everyone let’s go.  Regardless I want him taken back with us tonight”

People were running out as Airi and her team squeezed by the mass.  As Airi was squeezing by, she caught glimpse of the people running by for anyone suspicious and caught sight of a female brown hair and blue eyed.  Thinking that it was just probably a local prostitute, she ignored it and ran by following Ken’s men to a room.  Airi flashed her badge to the men blocking her way, which made them give way

Looking into the room, Airi and the crew were met by a holed room.  Shattered glass near the balcony, gun shot holes in the walls and doors and the occupants?  Ken was hovered around by Ozawa, he and his men apparently were wounded

“Find them and kill them” hollered Ken in his pain

“Find and kill who?” Ken looked up at Airi shocked

“Detective, gulp, n-no one, it was o-only a figure *groan* of speech”

“That’s fine that you don’t tell me now but” Airi turned to Chisato “call an ambulance” then turned back to Ken “you’ll all have to come with us for questioning” each member of Airi’s team cuffed a man and guided them to a police van, called earlier by Miyabi.  “Miya follow Ken and his injured party to the hospital, everyone else get questioning” Airi instructed as she scanned the room

“Sir” Airi called out for one of the officers on guard at the door “call forensics” Airi continued to look around for clues or anything particular, but to no avail

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
  • WakaRei: So real it's unreal
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 27 - 03/27
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »
I couldn't see you so how would I know if you're grinning?

That make sense but even with the newest model, sometimes other brand out with theirs too?

:lol:  you'd love to write a huge cat fight, wouldn't you? --> it reminds me of that popcorn brawl

Ack, that was close. Airi got an important moment there, something that probably gonna be useful in the future.

@ Rnd

Finally catching up again! Sorry I''ve been in a random weird mood lately and my mind is a bit cluttered too so yeah....
Did someone call me? :?
It was pure coincidence. Or maybe it's.... fate?  XD  XD (ignore me)
But anyway  :mon hi:  :D

TakaSemaru  :heart:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 27 - 03/27
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »
Ok! I'll take you any day :P

when chisa was called shrimp, I got reminded of my lunch today. There was shrimp XD

woah, Ken is a good drinker. Hitting your head clears it from alcohol? Really? I didn't know that.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 27 - 03/29
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
@ C: You could probably feel that in my comments and statements when I am grinning

Definitely would be interesting to write about all that hair pulling, scratching etc.

@ Mame-chan: Yatta!!!! Someone is willing to take me!!!!  XD

You got reminded of lunch when Chisa almost had a brawl with Maa-chan????

Because alcohol goes to the head, sometimes hitting it will clear it for a moment when you are starting to get whoozy.  Considering the fact that Ken is a heavy drinker, he was just getting whoozy as opposed to full out drunk.

Chapter 28

Time: 3:30 am

“Whiz!!! Get the medical supplies out” cried Swift carrying Gen into their hideaway

Whiz who was quietly clicking away at the laptop got up frantically to search for the necessary tool “What happened?”

“A miscalculation” answered Ace, holding onto Sexy

“Both of them got hit?” Whiz asked carrying in the first aid kit and other medical supplies

Sexy shook her head, tears in her eyes, shivering slightly “N-n-no, only Gen”

“Lie Gen flat on the table” instructed Whiz, who as busy searching for gauze and bandages.

Ace and Sexy quickly cleared the table for Gen to lie on, eliciting a moan from Gen “Gen can you hear me?” Swift looked at Gen’s pale face, chapped lips however Gen nodded slowly holding onto her side

“Help take off her clothes” Whiz carried all the cotton swabs, disinfectant, gauze, bandages to a rolling trolley “What happened anyways?” Whiz looked at Sexy

“Weren’t you listening in?” Sexy asked

“No, I heard gunfire, but I didn’t think it was our own getting hit, so I left route instructions to Ace and Swift and then left the warehouse as instructed”

Sexy’s Flashback

“SHOOT!” hollered Gen as Gen ran towards Sexy and crouched down on the floor as bullets went flying. Through the slits of her eyes, Sexy saw the 2 guards at the door enter and were immediately shot, Ken was down as well.

When the shooting finally subsided, Sexy tried to get Gen off “Gen you can get off now, I don’t think there will be anymore firing”

*Groan~*

“Gen?” Sexy lightly pushed Gen off and saw blood on her clothing “OI!!!!”

“Let’s get out of here” Gen croaked. Sexy took Ken’s jacket and her own and covered themselves of any blood stains before making their way down and out.

End of Sexy’s Flashback

“I wanted to walk Gen down but she wouldn’t let me, telling me to exit as planned and everything will be fine. I took off for the exit where Ace was and we drove to a location further away” recalled Sexy, shivering at the blood coming out of Gen

“When Sexy told me Gen was in danger, I informed Swift to meet us as soon as Gen was picked up” continued Ace

“I was waiting nervously and was about to search for her however when I got out of my car, I saw Gen turning the corner and she finally collapsed. I carried her and then drove and met up with Ace, then of course drove here”

“*Sob* Gen was *sob* p-protecting me” Sexy looked Ace in the eye “like promised!!! G-Gen *sniff* would use h-her own l-life *sniff* to p-protect me” Ace hugged Sexy tight trying to soothe the girl

“Hush baby, she’s with us now”

“B-b-but…”

“D-don’t *gulp* c-cry Sexy” everyone turned to find Gen trying to get up

“Gen lie down!” Gen shook her head and took out her hand for Sexy

Sexy and Ace walked over and held onto her hand, blood or no blood “D-don’t *cough* worry guys *cough* I’ll be *gulp* be fine”

“Gen move your hand so I can take a look” instructed Whiz. Gen moved her hand from her right side and blood starting pouring out “Oh god! She’s bleeding hard” Whiz and Swift picked up cotton swabs and started cleaning the wound

“Look she’s bleeding on her back too” everyone turned to where Ace was pointing to and looked at each other.

Quickly, they turned Gen to the side without a word and noticed another bullet wound on the left side of her lower back, blood spewing at an alarming rate “CRAP!!!!”

“Okay Ace, Sexy bring me a cloth, we’ll have to deal with the wounds one at a time” Ace and Sexy went in different directions looking for said cloth. Swift took one look at Whiz, who was a bit stunned “Whiz….Whiz! WHIZ!” snapping Whiz out of trance “Don’t worry Gen will survive, she won’t leave us stranded, never has and never will”

Ace and Sexy managed to find a cloth in which Swift placed it on Gen’s side wound “Help me turn her over” All 4 turned Gen to lie on her stomach, in which Swift and Whiz examined the wound “We need to take the bullet out, Whiz do you think you can get it?”

Whiz looked at Swift in the eye and then looked down “I’m sorry I don’t think I can, I-I-I’m not confident, this being the most serious we’ve seen”

Swift took Whiz’s hand, “Don’t worry, I’ll do it, but you need to help me” Whiz nodded in response, feeling somewhat guilty that she is freezing on the spot at such an important time “Okay Ace take Sexy away, she’s had a rough night as it is”

“NO! I want to stay and help” whined Sexy when Ace was about to take her away

“Please Sexy this is not the time to whine, just GO!” ordered Swift in slight annoyance

“Please baby, let Swift and Whiz do their thing, Gen’s running out of time” prayed Ace. Hearing no retort or response from Sexy, Ace took Sexy away to shower and change

“Gen, this will hurt but I hope you endure it, it’ll be over real soon”

“G-get me some-something to bite on” wheezed Gen. Whiz took another cloth and rolled it up before putting it in Gen’s mouth

“Okay, I’ll need forceps to get a hold on the bullet, and disinfect them first” Swift got a better look at the wound “I can see it which means its not deep” Whiz passed Swift the forceps “Gen here it comes” Swift inserted the forceps in the wound and tried to grab on to the bullet. From underneath, Gen was groaning and screaming in pain, hands clutched into balls “Just hold on, I think I’ve got it” as Swift slowly and steadily pulled the forceps out with the bullet and tossed it in a petri dish that Whiz was holding ~CLANK~ “Come on Whiz, we have to patch her up” Whiz and Swift took a patch and some tape, cleaning the wound before patching up the wound for now. They turned Gen to lie on her back, carefully lying her down making sure not to aggravate the wound

Gen grunted while she was lying on her back, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Whiz and Swift both cleaned the sweat off and kissed her on the forehead “One more to go” Swift pulled up a chair to sit on and see the wound from that angle. “Whiz I need some more lighting here” Swift was continuously wiping the blood whereas Whiz went to bring a lamp over, shining it directly over the wound “This one’s deeper, I don’t think the forceps can get through without widening this wound” Swift and Whiz exchanged glances unsure as to what to do in this situation

“But then how are we going to take it out?”

“I-I-I don’t know” At the response Whiz’s expression fell

Gen took the cloth away from her mouth “G-get me a k-knife”

“A knife? Gen what are you going to do?” Swift and Whiz both looked at her

“Just do it” growled Gen “and get me a lighter too” Swift and Whiz got Gen a jack knife and a lighter and watched as Gen placed the blade under fire and then in one swift, fast motion plunged the knife in her side

“GEN!!!!” they both hollered wide-eyed seeing Gen wince in pain then slowly she cut the wound wider before pulling the knife back out and dropping it onto the floor with a thud

“S-Swift, g-get the b-bullet now!” Gen’s eyes rolled to the back of her head and blacked out

“Gen?” Whiz shook her but no response, then checked for a pulse “she’s still alive, a little weak”

“Good! Whiz set up the IV stand and we’ll have to do a blood transfusion for the loss of blood, also get Ace in here STAT!!!!”

Not long later, Ace barged in running to Swift’s side “What do I have to do?”

Swift didn’t answer, concentrated on pulling the bullet out ~CLANK~ “I’ll need you to help me wrap her up” Quickly the 2 put another patch on Gen and then grabbed the bandages, carefully wrapping Gen’s mid-section with gauze and bandages, while Whiz rolled in the machines

“How is Sexy?” asked Swift who was washing the tools

“She just slept…I-I-I don’t know what to say. I *huff* I didn’t mean for Gen to be literal when she said she’ll use her life to protect Sexy” a lone tear drop fell from Ace’s eyes

Swift placed a hand on Ace’s shoulder “It doesn’t matter if she said she would or not, you and I both know she would’ve done the same.” The both of them looked at Gen’s still figure with the exception of the movement of her chest. Whiz walked up to them “Everything set?”

Whiz nodded “She really is leader, reckless at times but she’s always looking out for us”

Swift walked away from them quietly out the door, which confused Whiz and Ace, seeing how Swift had not vented since.

“Should I…”

“No I will” Whiz pulled Ace back “Can you get some blankets and place it over Gen, we’ll have to take turns monitoring her, also notify Pint and Model to be on the look out about tonight’s situation from their end. Don’t tell them about Gen’s condition, you know how close Model is to Gen, we don’t need another member freaking out and blowing our cover” Whiz walked out in search for Swift after Ace had left to do as told. Whiz caught sight of Swift punching a tree “Hey are you okay?” Swift stopped punching but didn’t turn around so Whiz walked in front instead

Whiz didn’t anticipate so see Swift crying as Whiz immediately pulled Swift into a tight hug “Hush, she’s fine now right?”

Swfit shook in Whiz’s embrace “I-We-we almost lost a long time companion and close friend. I-I-I was so scared that Gen would leave us, I-I was so scared that one wrong move and she’d…she’d”

Whiz stroked Swift on the back “Hey now, we were all scared, not just you. It took guts to help Gen remove the bullet and hold your fear till now. Heck I freaked, I wasn’t much help, it’s no wonder she put you as second in command”

“I’m just glad she’s okay”

“We all are Swift, *sigh* we all are”

“I…I have to notify Model”

“No worries, I already instructed Ace to notify Pint and Model to be on the lookout for any news about tonight’s situation and of course not telling Model of Gen’s condition would be best”

Swift nodded “Yeah, we don’t need another one worried about Gen right now, Gen wouldn’t want that, especially from Model” Swift shook her head “It’s a wonder why Model cares about Gen more than me though yet they aren’t together”
Time: 7:00 am

Sexy was sleeping on a chair beside Gen, when she felt something itchy on her face. Swatting whatever it was away, Sexy continued to sleep but not long after again something was tickling the face area. “Stop it!” Sexy growled, looking for the culprit only to be met with Gen’s large black eyes looking back “Aaahhhhh!” Sexy was startled, leaning backwards on her chair, causing the chair to lose balance ~CRASH~

Gen winced “Ohhh that’s gotta hurt”

Sexy scampered straight “Gen!!!” at the crash, the rest of the crew walked in rubbing their eyes

“Gen!” Sexy fully realized that Gen was fully clothed and standing

“Gen what are you doing up? You should be resting!” lectured Sexy with a hint of fear in her voice

“I was but honestly on a table? At least move me to a comfy bed” joked Gen as she limped away. Noticing the slow limp, all of them went up to help Gen to a bed “Did anyone notify Com of the outcome?”

“I did, I didn’t say you got injured though, I thought it’s best that we leave that detail out” Whiz informed

“Good idea…” ~BUZZ BUZZ “Too late, Com knows” Gen tossed the phone to the group, in which Swift caught and took a look at the message

“Awww crap!!! How the hell did Com figure that out???” Ace groaned before tossing the phone back to Gen “Do you guys recall any suspicious individuals?”

“No, I don’t recall anyone, but even if so, we didn’t report our disguise so it shouldn’t make a difference. Would it be on your side??? Ace? Swift?”

“No, we were perched in hidden places so it couldn’t have been obvious, for god sakes, the cops didn’t even notice our existence. What do you think Gen?”

“I don’t know, but I suggest we do as told but if you guys can do a little check that would be great” Gen went into a room and with the aid of Whiz and Swift, lied down on the bed to catch some more deserved rest

~I want a full report of your injury~ Com
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:20:47 AM by FaqU »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 28 - 04/01
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2010, 09:26:29 PM »
Gen!?  :O Whew, she's okay, great. Model, omg Erika? XD Lawl at Shekushi falling out of her chair.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 28 - 04/01
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »
@Her Awesome Holiness: Did this chapter keep you on your toes???  So you think Model is Erika? hmmmm....interesting....interesting

Chapter 29

Time: 5:50 am

“Damn it!!!!” Miyabi walked in throwing a file on the table

“How was the questioning?” asked Airi not looking up from her files

“They denied everything, the only thing we have was that Ozawa was at the Ikeda’s home but they said it was a while ago. Said something along the lines of because they are friends, it is common. The lawyer being there doesn’t help”

The rest of the team groaned as they walked in “What about you guys? Anything?”

Chisato threw her clipboard on her desk “The guys who got shot said they were in Ken’s room when all of a sudden gunfire came at them. They questioned why they are being questioned like criminals when they are the victims”

“Darn it! I hate it when they do that!!” exclaimed Maasa cracking her knuckles

Airi still didn’t look up but her hand was in constant motion “What did forensics say?”

Miyabi, who was curious as to what Airi was doing, walked over “the forensics report is not here yet. What are you doing?” Miyabi peered over Airi’s shoulder to see Airi drawing

“I caught glimpse of someone, I don’t know why but I think she is suspicious or I’ve seen them somewhere before” Airi showed the picture to Miyabi

“Um…I don’t recall this person do you guys?” Miyabi passed the picture around, all shaking their heads “Why do you think she is suspicious?”

“I don’t know but there was a big impact I just can’t put my finger on it” Airi placed her finger on her chin

“Guys go home, we’ll start again later this morning” Miyabi dismissed the team and waited for everyone to leave before turning back to Airi “Airin, are you sure it isn’t because she’s a pretty face that caught your attention?”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well she’s good looking and you’re coming out of a bad breakup so…”

“I get your point but I doubt that’s the reason” Airi glared at Miyabi

“Look I’m sorry if I touched a sensitive subject but I’m just voicing my opinion that’s all” Miyabi defended herself “Let’s just go home and rest”
Date: March 27
Time: 10:17 am

“Yajima-san!” Maimi turned around to see Saki running up to her

“What’s up Shimizu-san?”

“When is your meeting with Mano?” Saki said the name with a bit of venom

“Shimizu-san” Maimi cocked her eyebrow at Saki “my meeting with Mano-SAN is later today”

“I suggest you postpone it”

“Why?”

“There’s something that I find weird with their company”

“Shimizu-san, look, let go of the past…”

“TRUST ME YAJIMA-SAN!!!!” Saki’s eyes flared “I’ve never lied to you before, are you going to dismiss me, questioning MY professionalism?” Maimi looked at Saki and shook her head “then follow me” Maimi obliged and walked into Saki’s office where Reina and Eri were waiting

“What’s this? Tanaka-san we have a presentation today, why aren’t you getting ready?”

“Because I told her to stop” answered a firm Saki “Kamei-san show Yajima-san the reason for our emergency meeting”

Eri gave Maimi a green folder then walked back to her spot beside Reina. Maimi opened the folder and was presented with info on Mano Corp “What is this?”

“Chill Yajima-san take a closer look at their history” Maimi did as told, scanning through

“I don’t get what you are trying to show me”

Saki slapped her forehead in clearly getting angry “God!!!! Has her reappearance fogged your abilities?”

“Er…sorry to interrupt but who’se reappearance?” asked Reina timidly unaware if it’s her position to speak

“That’s not important” flared Maimi

“It is when you can’t look at a document properly” retorted Saki in Reina’s defense “The next heir to Mano Corp just so happens to be a long time friend of ours”

“What is it you are trying to prove?” Maimi closed the file and glared at Saki

“Didn’t you see the name Yamaguchi??? Does that not ring a bell?” Saki slammed her fist on her desk

“Er…Yajima-san, Shimizu-san” Ai greeted causing everyone to turn their attention towards her “Maybe we should talk behind closed doors” Ai suggested closing the door behind her but clearly behind her, other colleagues were curious as to the commotion in Saki’s office

“Wakatta!!!! Yamaguchi was arrested recently for drug dealing, it was all over the news” pointed Eri, slowly lowering her voice, realizing what she blurted

“Even Kamei-san remembers, where is that Yajima Maimi now? You’ve been so concerned on who the project is with that you didn’t even catch that”

Maimi opened the file again and re-read the history, sure enough Yamaguchi’s association was mentioned in the history “But that was a long time ago, and we don’t know the relationship between the 2”

“Exactly, postpone the meeting so it gives us time to check. If there isn’t anything wrong we can go through with the project. Don’t put the reputation of the company at stake because of your misjudgement” Saki spat before she walked out of her office with Ai, Reina and Eri in tow, all giving Maimi looks of concern

Maimi plopped herself on Saki’s couch and let out a heavy sigh ‘Yajima Maimi get your act together!!!!! Saki is right, I should’ve caught it but I didn’t. Even Eri, the one who is usually being yelled for being careless caught on’

~KNOCK KNOCK~ Maimi looked up to see Reina holding a mug towards Maimi “Don’t worry Yajima-san, here have this, relax, I’ll help you postpone the meeting”

“Thanks Tanaka-san” Maimi took the mug from her “and sorry for losing my temper” Reina didn’t say anything but smiled before leaving ‘Get your head in to it!!! Start searching, even if it was in the past, I should still prove that it will not be a liability to the company. I should’ve noticed this!!!’ Maimi took a sip of the contents in the mug before walking out to her own office

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 29 - 04/05
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
@Her Awesome Holiness: Did this chapter keep you on your toes???  So you think Model is Erika? hmmmm....interesting....interesting
Yes it did. What? Model is Erika! Right?! Darn you... *shakes fist* :lol:

Uh oh, Airi spotted Maimi? I wonder if she'll figure it out?

Ooo, Saki, angry. Not pretty. Maimi! Get it together!

MOAR TAKAGAKI, that is all.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 29 - 04/05
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: I  :rofl: throughout reading your comments, it was like you were a zombie or on a frenzy going in different directions

Unfortunately, I can't just focus on Takagaki, there are other pairings in this nee????

Chapter 30

Time: 6:00 pm

“I’m worried about Airin”

“Why?” Saki asked as she laid down on her bed, favourite plushie in one arm and phone in the other

“Because I am afraid that her breakup is affecting her judgment”

“Breakup?”

“Yeah, they broke up not too long ago”

“I guess I can understand what your concern is”

“Huh? You can?” ‘How? I never knew you were close to Airin and I don’t recall telling you the history between the two’

“Yeah, because I am worried about Maimi”

“Yajima-san? She seems stable and sturdy, what can you be worried about?”

“Like your concern with Suzuki-san, I am afraid the reappearance of Maimi’s ex has distorted her thinking and performance”

“Like how?”

“It’s hard to say but let’s just say I don’t appreciate the reappearance of this…this character” Saki refrained herself from name calling but was not quite happy at not using vulgar words at all

“Sounds like you don’t like this person”

“I don’t and I have a reason to but unfortunately I can’t give you the details about it because for one thing, it’s Maimi’s story to tell and the other is that if I start recalling the events of the past, I will definitely be in a terrible mood”

“Fair enough but I didn’t know Yajima-san was dating anyone”

“She wasn’t, this ex is from long ago”

“Then I doubt Yajima-san’s judgment is any worse than Airin’s”

“Why do you think that Airin is affected by her breakup anyways?” Saki was confused as to the logic behind Miyabi’s conclusion

“Because Airin has not once let any of her emotions out since her breakup.  Risako-chan is Airin’s first love and I doubt you can get over your first love just like that”

“I don’t think you should worry too much about it because just because she hasn’t voiced it to you, it doesn’t mean she hasn’t expressed herself right?”

“I would like to agree with that but she hasn’t come to me nor has she gone to Risa-oneesan and we are her closest family.  There’s nothing that we don’t tell each other, so that is what makes me worried”

“Are you sure it is not because you are worried that is why you think her judgment is distorted?” Miyabi didn’t respond “I assume that you haven’t thought about that one nee? How about you don’t think 100% that the breakup is the cause until you are sure.  Yes I know you know her more than I do and yes it is difficult to just move on from your first love but why not think positively before we think negatively?  Maybe Suzuki-san will open to you guys soon, give her time, maybe she needs time on her own first before she expresses herself”

“*Sigh* I hope you are right and I hope that I am wrong in thinking this way….Man this discussion is getting depressing”

“*giggle* then let’s liven the mood a bit shall we”

“Sure, how were the crazy children today?? Any unusual antics?”

Time: 8:30 pm

Maimi worked long and hard until late that evening in which she didn’t even realize the time until she was hungry.  She opened her office door to see Ai still working away “Takahashi-san! What are you still doing here?”

“Not just me but Tanaka-san is here too” Reina popped her head around from her cubicle, waving

“Why are you guys still here? I don’t recall giving you guys anything due soon”

“No you didn’t but we are helping you look at the history of Mano Corp” answered Ai

“It was under Shimizu-san’s orders” added Reina “Here,” Reina got up from her desk and handed Maimi a bento box “Kamei-san dropped 3 off…they’re from Shimizu-san”

Maimi looked away from the bento box and to the side, “I don’t think Shimizu-san is upset” Ai placed a hand on Maimi’s shoulders and give it a light squeeze with one hand and put the bento box in Maimi’s hand with her other “I think she is just worried about you”

“I am assuming she’s told you everything” spat Maimi

“No she didn’t, but we were hoping you could tell us”

Maimi remained quiet for a moment, “Guys, go home” Reina and Ai exchanged glances but Maimi repeated herself when they didn’t budge “just go home, I’ll be home later” Seeing the determined look on Maimi’s face, the girls returned to their desk and packed up as Maimi walked back to her office closing the door behind her

“Ai-chan, what do we do?”

Ai shrugged her shoulders “We’ll give her space, if she’s not ready to confide in us, what can we do? Come on, let’s get home, call Eri and tell her to reheat food for us” ‘Why can’t you open up to us?  Are we not dependable?  Maimi we’ll be there for you, we’re a team’ Ai prayed her message would get across to Maimi but also internally chuckled at the silly thought
Time: 9:00 pm

“Who is she? I want you to find her and bring her to me!!!!” growled Ken, throwing the bottle he had onto the floor, he had just been discharged from the hospital and of course the police station

“We checked up on her and everything came out to be fake, apparently, the other girl with here was also an imposter, they were companions”

“I don’t want to hear that!  I want to have her and her companion in front of me or you’re all dead”

“Ken-san”

“WHAT!!!!”

“Nakai-san is on the phone”

Ken kept his cool and brought the phone to his ears “Nakai-san”

“YOU FREAKIN IDIOT!!!!! How could you let this happen?  How could you let them escape??”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t expect them to have back-up”

“I don’t care what you expected!!! You even leaked out Matsumoto-san’s name!!!!! The boss will have our heads for this!!!!”

“Nakai-san sorry”

“Sorry?!  Sorry doesn’t help anything!!! I expected better from you!!! Why do I even both keeping you by my side??? You reckless, arrogant bastard!!!! Contact Matsumoto’s side and inform them to be careful.  We don’t know who these people are and what they want but in case we need Matsumoto alive.  You better deal with this properly and fast.  Also what is the progress of the death of Tokugawa??”

“We’re having trouble, since Tokugawa doesn’t keep anyone by his side to help him or anything, no one can really tell us what happened.  All we know is that on the night of his death, he locked himself in his hideout and no one knows what happened to him after”

“That’s not good enough Ken, not even close.  Don’t give me your troubles, give me good answers” ~CLICK~

Ken gritted his teeth then threw the phone across the room in anger “Old fool!!!!” Ken got another bottle of bear and downed it “Contact Matsumoto-san and tell him, he might have company and for him to protect himself”

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 30 - 04/07
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »
*sings Roller Coaster of Love* Glad you find me amusing!  :D

You're right, there are other pairings, but I just wanna see Airi walk in on a heavy Takagaki make out session. :lol:

MiyaSaki, one of my fav pairings, I love how they interact.

Poor Maimi, must be hard for her to confide in the others.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 30 - 04/07
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness:  Maybe I should consider  :lol: I'll even dedicate the chapter to you too

Something like the following:

Airi walks into her house and realizes all the lights were off and the front door open.  Pulling out her revolver she prepared herself for any unwelcomed guest.  Looking left and right, Airi heard a sound coming from Risa's room as she crept closer and closer to her sister's room.  Pants were heard as Airi's mind went in a whirlwind as to whether the illegal entrant has her sister hostage as Airi stretched her hand and quietly placed it over the door knob.  Slowly in her mind, she counted to three before opening the door at full force and pointing her gun in front of her only to have her eyes pop out at the scene in front of her.

Something like this??? I'll think about it  XD

Chapter 31

Time: 11:15 pm

Gen walked into their base thinking that the rest of the team were off doing their own thing.  She had been feeling pain from the wound all day but ignored it putting on a strong front so as to not cause suspicion.  When she reached the living room area she slowly lowered herself down on the couch, clutching her side wound

“You should have told us if you were feeling pain” Gen turned to the owner of the voice “you don’t have to keep it to yourself, you know it makes Sexy worry even more about you, do I need to tell Model???”

“Whiz, I didn’t think anyone was here and please don’t, you know how much of a ruckus they’ll make if the rest of the team knows.”

“I was hoping you’d come back at a decent hour because I think we need to change the bandages on you” Whiz lifted a tray with disinfectant, gauze and bandages

“We want to help” in walked Sexy and Ace

“Guys, I don’t need that much help, why don’t you guys go have fun, Whiz is here”

Sexy and Ace walked over to Gen and crouched down in front of her “I couldn’t!!!! I’m not feeling it, not when I was worried about you.  I….I didn’t get to thank you properly” Sexy’s eyes began to be teary

“Yeah Gen, I…I’m sorry!!! I shouldn’t have made you promise to use your life to protect Sexy I…I”

Gen wiped Sexy’s tears with one hand and clutched on Ace’s shoulder with the other “Shhhh!  Guys I would’ve done it regardless.  You’re my team, my companions, I don’t and wouldn’t want to see any of you hurt” Gen looked up at Whiz “That goes for you, Swift, Pint and Model too”

“Please let us help you change your bandages, it’s the least we could do and…and we wouldn’t want to see you hurt either” pleaded Sexy and Ace

Gen smiled and nodded her head slightly in defeat, knowing perfectly well it was 3 against 1 in this discussion “Well Gen come let’s get you lying on a bed first” instructed Whiz, walking to one of the rooms, tray in hand

Gen tried to get up from her spot, but pain shot through her body causing her to flop back down with a small groan “Argh!”

Ace and Sexy turned to see Gen clutching her side wound, beads of sweat beginning to form on her forehead “Gen!” They rushed to her side but Gen put her hand out to stop them

“I’m alright just got up too fast.  Let’s get this clear though, no one informs Com of anything that goes on nor is anyone to let this slip out in the open.  We have enough trouble as it is, I don’t need Com’s involvement in all this unnecessary stuff otherwise we’ll all be out of a job” Gen waited for everyone to nod before slowly getting up from the couch and walking in the direction where Whiz was waiting, Ace and Sexy walking steadily behind in case Gen collapses.  Gen lowered herself on the bed and lied on her stomach while Ace and Sexy lifted part of her shirt to where the back wound was.  They cut the bandages and removed them aside for Whiz to take off the gauze patch

“Gen this is going to sting” Whiz took a cotton swab dipped in disinfectant and started cleaning the wound.  At contact, Gen winced “the would will take long to heal so we have to clean it everyday” No response “Gen do you hear me?” Again no response, the trio looked at Gen eyes closed “Gen???”

“Look!” Ace pointed to a part on the bed, painted in red

“Move her hand” instructed Whiz, Ace moved the limphand from the side wound, blood had seeped through the gauze patch and was slowly flowing down “Shit! The wound is open! Ace get the transfusion device, Sexy help me get something to keep the flow from running”  Whiz continued to clean the back wound and then patch Gen up, while Ace attached the device to Gen’s arm and Sexy holding a cloth on Gen’s side wound. “Okay help me turn her so that she’s on her side” they turned Gen’s body carefully in case the back wound opens up.  With Ace keeping Gen’s body still on her side, Whiz and Sexy cleaned up the wound and patched Gen up before wrapping bandages around Gen’s body.  When everything was finished they let out a sigh of relief.

“How is she?” the trio turned to the door to see Swift rushing in

“One of her wounds opend up but we just finished patching her” responded Whiz looking at Gen’s sleeping figure “Gen strongly suggests that we all keep this hush hush from anyone including Com, I think Gen’s been getting the rap from Com or something”

Swift walked closer to the bed, “you guys go clean up and rest, I’ll look after her tonight” pushing them to sleep, but not before taking one last glance at Gen’s regulated breathing
Date: March 28
Time: 5:30 pm

~CLAP CLAP~ “Guys I just came back from Yoshizawa-san office, Ken has not pressed charges at the shootout incident so she suggests we leave it” announced a displeased Airi

“So what do you want to do with the forensics report?”

“I’ll take it for now” Yurina passed Airi the file, in which Airi opened and scanned.  ‘Three of the blood samples match Ken and his wounded men, but one doesn’t match them which means someone else was in there! Why didn’t Ken or anyone mention this other person? What are they hiding?’

“Airin…Airin…AIRIN!!!!”

“Eh?!”

“What are you thinking?”

“Nothing Miya, nothing.  So anyways back to the deceased, Ikeda Hiroto’s case…where can we go from here?”

“To be honest Airin, I think we are at a dead end because unless we can prove the time when Ken’s men paid Ikeda a visit, we can’t move on and get them to confess anything”

Airi rubbed the bridge between her eyes and let out a heavy, long, sigh “Okay go home guys, we’ll debrief tomorrow” The group left in good spirit, it’s been awhile since they’ve left at a decent hour.  When everyone left, with the exception of Miyabi “Miya, I want us to do an investigation of our own”

“On what? And why?”

“The forensics report says there was a fourth person, blood samples were analyzed concluding it to be someone other than Ken and his men.  I think Ken is hiding something so I want to do a 24 hr surveillance on Ken”

“But he isn’t pressing charges”

“I know but I have a funny feeling about it all, do you recall that day when we first found him wounded, he was hollering about finding someone and that he will kill that same someone.  I want to look at the video surveillance cameras at the hotel”

“Seems like you’ve got an idea who”  Airi pulled out a file from her cabinet and gave it to Miyabi “Again? Airin are you sure you’re not just infactuated by her pretty face?”

“Look we’ll know once we see the surveillance videos, if she is the fourth person, then I want to know who she is and what happened in that room to cause a shootout”

“What makes you think she’ll know?”

“Why was she missing from the room when we arrived? Why would she run?  She’s been shot for god sakes! A normal person wouldn’t have left with a bullet wound, they would seek medical attention”

“Maybe…maybe she is an illegal immigrant?”

“Even so, we can’t determine that without a name and face right?  I suggest we start checking up on this mystery woman.  It’s weird how Ikeda’s case and Ken’s attack both included a mystery women.  Also check all hospitals for anyone admitted for bullet wounds, female”

“Can we start tomorrow?” Miyabi looked at her watch

Airi looked at Miyabi checking her watch ever few minutes “Fine, I’ll cover you while you investigate”

“What do you mean?  You’re not going to let the others in on this?” Airi shook her head “Does the commissioner know about this?” again Airi shook her head “WHAT?!”

“Miya, you have to understand that the less they know, they will be safe, the commissioner has already ordered for us to withdraw, the only way we can make a case out of it is if we prove that there is something to make it a case”

“And what about me?” Miyabi glared at Airi

“Relax!! If anything happens, I will take full responsibility, you can say that it was under my orders and you didn’t want to go against superiors” Airi responded nonchantedly

“I am not worried about my career Airin, I…I am worried about YOU.  Risa-oneesan and I are worried about YOU.  It’s like ever since the breakup, you’ve seemed off” Miyabi looked away from Airi towards her feet, she didn’t want to tell her the truth but she felt that if she didn’t things would escalate.

“Nothing is wrong Miya!!! I am okay from the breakup!!!” Airi shot back

“Well you obviously haven’t been showing that to us” Miyabi flared “you’re obsessed with work, obsessed with this pretty face and…I don’t want to admit it but I am beginning to doubt your judgment.  You’re putting your career on the line for a gut feeling!!! Going against commissioner orders is going to get you sacked!!!” Miyabi left after that leaving Airi to think things through

‘Am I? Am I really obsessed and going overboard because of Rii-chan?  I know that something is off though!!!! I just know it is!!!I…I need a run, yeah, maybe a jog will help…maybe a jog with Yajima-san will help…it seems like just her being there can make me think better’ Airi picked up her phone and dialled for Maimi

~yakusoku wa toku ni shinai wa watashi wa zutto matterareru shi~ “Moshi moshi Yajima desu”

“Yajima-san! Airi desu”

“Oh! Suzuki-san, what’s up?”

“I was wondering if you feel up for a run?”

“What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing, I…I just felt like a run and instantly who else can I call but someone who likes to jog” Airi lied hoping she was believable, she never was a good liar

“Sure, why don’t you stop off at my office first”

‘Yes she bought it!’ “Great! I’ll see you in 10” ~CLICK~
“Yajima-san, you have a visitor”

“Is it the same girl as before?” Maimi responded through the intercom

“Yes ma’am”

“Let her in” releasing the intercom, Maimi continued to look through her files, from time to time she would click on something on her computer ~KNOCK KNOCK~ “Come in”

“Hey!” Maimi looked up to see Airi and smiled

“Hey, have a seat”

“I thought we were going to run?”

“Have a seat first” Airi took a spot on the couch thinking that Maimi might have to finish something first but to her surprise she watched Maimi get up from her seat and pushed a chair in front of her. “What’s on your mind?”

“Huh?! Nothing, just anticipating that jog”

“Suzuki-san, I’ll be frank with you, I saw through your lie so let’s not insult my intelligence.  Talk to me” Airi smiled awkwardly at getting caught so soon by a person she barely knew. “Something is obviously bothering you because don’t you forget I am the one that taught you to jog in order to clear your mind”

“Hehe…I forgot about that…” Maimi looked at Airi, using her eyes to urge Airi to spill her heart out “If…if you’re busy it’s okay, I…I could…”

Maimi reached over and patted Airi’s hand “No Suzuki-san, you need to vent and I’m ready to listen.  Keeping everything inside you won’t help you”

Airi had an internal debate in her head ‘Should I tell her? I mean I don’t want her to think I’m some sort of obsessive freak or weak…but I need to vent and surely I will be arguing with Miya if I talk to her.  Ane is out of the question if Miya says they are worried and definitely not Rii-chan.  I guess it doesn’t hurt’ “I…I don’t know what’s wrong with me”

Maimi did a double take at the comment “I’m sorry say that again?”

“I mean Miya said some things that I’m concerned about”

“Well what did she say?”

“Miya feels that I haven’t gotten over Rii-chan and because of it, it has affected my performance at work”

“Well what do you think?”

“I…I honestly don’t know because the points Miya made seem valid an dI couldn’t even argue because even I didn’t know”

“What have you done or said to make her feel that way?”

“She said that I’ve been overworking, stressing, getting obsessed over a gut feeling”

“Oh? Have you been overworking, stressed and obsessed?” Maimi got up slowly and went to the coffee maker, putting in a packet of coffee and water

“I don’t think so, we’ve been overworking because of a case that may be linked to another”

“Well that sounds normal, I’m no detective but I think there has to be a reason you feel that way”

“I have a reason but it seems like it makes Miya see me as obsessive”

“Do you mind telling me why she would see it as obsessive?” Maimi asked as she was waiting for the coffee to brew

“Because like I’ve said, a gut feeling on a point that may not be related between the 2”

“Hmmm that does sound like the 2 cases don’t relate then, I mean if this gut feeling is based on 2 different things, then it’s hard to convince anyone Suzuki-san”

“I don’t know how to explain it but I just know that something is weird because 2 mysterious points show up”

“Mysterious points?”

“Yeah in both cases 2 mystery woman were last seem with the people we are checking up on”

~CLANK~ “Itai~~!!!!”

“Yajima-san, are you okay?” Airi got up and headed towards Maimi

“Yeah, the handle of this mug broke spilling the coffee on me” Maimi turned and showed Airi the said handle and other half lying on the table, with wet spots on Maimi’s shirt and skirt.  Airi helped Maimi wipe down the contents “Suzuki-san, I’m going to change out of these clothes do you mind holding your thoughts?” Maimi walked to her drawer and pulled out a bag before walking to her bathroom.  When Maimi walked out, Airi had cleaned the table and had set 2 mugs on the coffee table near the couch “Thank you Suzuki-san, you didn’t have to clean it”

“It’s okay, didn’t want coffee to spill onto your floor” Airi sat back in her spot after washing her hands, while Maimi sat in her chair across

“Back to what you were saying , do the mystery woman look alike or something?”

“Well no, but they just happen to pop up in these 2 cases, no information, nothing and then disappear too”

“I see, so you’re gut feeling is based on this?” Airi nodded her head slowly “Well we so unalike aren’t we Suzuki-san”  Airi looked at Maimi confused at the statement “Here you are overanalyzing your cases, not letting anything go whereas I was underanalysing things, absently letting things go” Maimi chuckled

“Er…something on YOUR mind?”

“Nothing big I guess but I too had a splat with Saki like you did with Natsuyaki-san.  Funny how those 2 are going out now eh?” Maimi chuckled again “I had a project that I thought meant something to me not because it’s a business deal but the people I am presenting to.  Saki stopped me from presenting today because she saw something wrong and told me where to look too but I don’t know why but I missed it and even a weaker colleague was able to point out the wrong” Maimi shook her head in shame

“Who were these people to you? Why did Shimizu-san catch it and not yourself?”

“Like Natsuyaki-san, Saki said I was blinded, blinded by the presence of these people that I could’ve signed a deal that I’d regret”

“But why would you have an argument with Shimizu-san then?  I mean couldn’t you guys have talked it out as opposed to arguing?”

“I thought Saki was just being bitter because…let’s just say she’s not too fond of these people”

“Why? Shimizu-san doesn’t look like the kind of person to not get along with anyone.  She has a friendly and comfortable aura, a little flirty with Miya, but overall a good attitude and personality”

“She usually is but…she has her reasons, reasons I was hoping she’ll overlook and drop.  You know how the saying goes something like, ‘what’s done is done, no point in changing the past’?” Airi nodded “Well it applies here.  The people I was having this project for was someone I never thought I’d meet again nor did I think of the impact they have on me now.  The client’s heir is my ex-girlfriend”

“Ex-girlfriend? Why would Shimizu-san hold a grudge against your ex-girlfriend? Because of simple breakup?”

Maimi shook her head, “Apparently it wasn’t that simple to Saki”

“How did you guys breakup?”

“It might be better to tell you how we first me” Maimi smiled thinking back “I remember when I first set my eyes on her…”

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 31 - 04/09
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »
Yay, Mano backstory. I've been dying to know what happened between them!

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 31 - 04/09
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2010, 03:57:04 PM »
Really??? You've been dying to know what happened between them???  Well here's something to tie you down....for a bit  :twisted:

Chapter 32

Maimi’s Flashback

“Maimi, there’s a new transfer student coming to our school today” young Saki informed

“So? It’s not like it’s the first time” Maimi rolled her eyes

“Let’s go have a look at who it is” Saki tugged on Maimi’s sleeve

“Saki, I don’t want to, maybe they’re one of those bitter people that wants to be left alone” Maimi tried to get out of Saki’s tugging, afraid that Saki will rip her sleeve off

“Awwww come one, just one peek” Saki put one finger up infront of her

“Saki, remember the last time we took a so-called peek at the foreign exchange seniors? JunJun and LinLin?”

“Yeah what about them?”

“Do you remember how JunJun practically knocked everyone aside, anyone that approached her were thrown to the side and then there is LinLin, she’s too hyper almost borderline crazy, kinda freaky”

“Yeah but it was for our own good that we get to know before hand right? That way we could stay clear out of their way” argued Saki, still tugging on Maimi’s sleeve, trying to get her to budge

Maimi laughed at Saki’s attempt at making her move “Fine fine but this has got to be the last time.  What is it with you and finding out who the new transfer students are all the time?”

“Just because you’re not as social as I am, doesn’t make me weird” quipped Saki happily tugging Maimi by her sleeve.  As they were walking by they could hear the other students commenting “She’s hot”, “she’s cute”

‘Pfft!! You guys said that about JunJun and LinLIn and look how they…’ Maimi’s ridicule abruptly stopped when she caught sight of a girl she’s never seen before ‘She’s beautiful, like an angel’ Mesmerized by the girl walking by herself into the school, Maimi didn’t even feel Saki’s continuous tugging

“Told you it’s worth seeing the new student” smirked Saki.  No response “Maimi? Maimi! Hello?  Anyone home?” Saki waved her hands in front of Maimi’s face but still no response so Saki did the next best thing, she used all the energy and strength within her little frame and sucker punched Maimi, bringing her back to reality

“ITAI!!!! Saki! What was that for?” Maimi held her arm and began rubbing the spot

Saki laughed “T-to s-s-stop y-y-y-you from d-drooling hahahaha”

Maimi quickly wiped her face but didn’t detect any drool “Grrrr! You’re done for Shimizu!!!” Maimi lunged at Saki, but Saki started running “You know you’ll never out run me” Maimi hollered as she was gaining up to her friend “Gotcha!!!!” Maim grabbed onto one of Saki’s arms and twisted it behind the small-framed one

“Itai! Itai! Itai! Okay, okay I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” still Maimi didn’t let up “I already said I’m sorry!!!”

“Not good enough”

“What do you want from me? Itai!!!”

“You’re going to help me get to know the new student” Maimi let go of Saki’s arm knowing perfectly well that Saki had no choice, Saki couldn’t outrun nor overpower Maimi so it was practically a done deal

“What? Why do I have to help you, you can do it yourself you know, it’s called sincerity” Saki pouted rubbing her sore arm

“Like you said, I’m not as social as you, so get cracking befriending her”

“Humph!!! You know I am only doing it because you can overpower me when I get older and stronger then you, you’ll regret this day and everything you’ve done to me” Saki walked off pissed

Maimi grinned and ran right beside Saki “Saki-chan isn’t that petty and cruel”

“I hate it when you know me like the back of your hand but you shouldn’t have overdone it, my arm felt like it was going to break off”

“Awww I’m sowie Saki-chan” Maimi started massaging Saki’s arm, causing Saki to smile a bit

Saki being the friendly and open type didn’t take long to befriend the new girl, talking to her, inviting her to lunch, problem was to get Maimi to open up

“Maimi I’ve already paved the path for you, Erinko is like right there, why can’t you talk to her?” an annoyed Saki asked one day after school

“I don’t know, if I knew I would’ve been more social.  Hello?! Isn’t that what you’ve been saying to me all this time?”

“Gawd!!! It’s not like she’s going to bite, just join in on the conversations at any time, that’s a good start, you not talkative and not smiling is very intimidating to others you know”

“I know I know just…”

“Kyaaaa~!” a scream was heard in an alleyway nearby

“Hey! Did you hear that?” Saki nodded “Let’s go take a look” Slowly the duo walked towards the direction of the scream with Maimi protecting Saki.  When they turned the corner they could see Erina being cornered by a guy from another school, his hand in the inside of her skirt, kissing her on her neck “Hey you!”

Erina and the boy turned to see Maimi “What do you want? Stay out of this if you want to go home safely” Maimi and Saki could see 2 other guys emerging from the other end of the alleyway, holding their bags over their shoulders

“Leaver her alone!” Maimi stood firm with Saki hiding behind her

“What if we don’t? We just want to be friends, just like how my friends here want to be friends with you girls” the guys smirk wasn’t as convincing and it was borderline sicko

“Sorry nothing doing, I’m not interested in perverts who can’t seem to get a girlfriend normally” spat Maimi

“Maimi what are you doing? Don’t anger them!” hissed Saki in a low whisper

“Saki, you hide first, I’ll get Mano-chan” Maimi whispered back, never taking her eyes off the guy she just insulted, advancing forward

“You’ve got some guts to be saying such crap, don’t think because you’re a girl, I’ll go easy on you” he sneered kicking a garbage can in front of him

“No Maimi, I can’t leave you guys” Saki whispered back

“Saki, I can’t protect you and Mano-chan at the same time.  Just go!!!” Maimi pushed Saki away, in which Saki backed away a few steps wondering what she should do at first before finally running away

“Get her!!!!” One of the guys tried to run after Saki but as he passed Maimi, Maimi stuck her foot out, tripping him

Maimi then picked up a nearby garbage can lid and smashed it over his head, knocking him out ‘1 down, 2 to go’

“Grrr! You’ll pay for that!” he threw a punch at Maimi but due to her quick reflexes, she was able to dodge the fists easily.  Using the garbage can lid as a shield, she did her best to block but it seemed like the guy was unfazed when his fist made contact with her shield.  Maimi felt 2 hands from behind her holding her hands down and dropping her shield.  Using whatever she could, she started kicking the guy, keeping him from a distance.  The guy grabbed into a steel pipe lying on the floor and struck Maimi on the side of her leg causing her to scream in agony “you should’ve kept out of our business”

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Erina crouched down traumatized.  Although her leg hurt, seeing Erina as she is now hurt her more so she tried to fight but again the pipe came down hard onto her leg. “I’d stop trying if you don’t want a broken leg” again the guy stuck Maimi’s leg, causing Maimi to scream out in pain.

“Hey you! What are you doing?” everyone turned to see Saki accompanied by an officer

“Oh shit! Run!” dropping the pipe him and his companion dragged the fallen member and fled from the alleyway with the officer in pursuit

Maimi fell to the floor holding onto her leg, crying internally at the pain shooting through her body.  Saki jogged up to her, checking out the damage before helping Maimi stand, holding Maimi by her underarms.  Maimi got up and wrapped her arm around Saki’s shoulder for support as she limped to the distraught Erina.

“Hey are you okay?” Maimi bent down in front of Erina, ignoring the pain in her legs

Breaking out of a trance, Erina lunged forward sobbing on Maimi’s shoulder almost causing Maimi to fall backwards at the force.  Maimi could hear incoherent words through Erina’s sobbing while bruching Erina’s back along with Saki.   When Erina finally calmed down a little, the girls walked her to their house.  They weren’t sure if Erina would like to replay the events to her parents right now hence decided it was best she stayed with them until she is completely okay.

“Maimi are you okay?” Saki whispered to Maimi, holding onto Erina tightly

Maimi was lagging behind limping a bit but she mouthed the words “don’t worry”.  When they reached the Shimizu/Yajima residence they each went different directions, Maimi limped to grab towels and clothes whereas Saki carried Erina to the guestroom

“Erinko, where did they hurt you or where does it hurt? Did they do anything else to you?”

“N-n-n-no, y-you guys came before any real damage.  I-I-I got scared when…when he cornered me and was…was…”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to replay it, as long as nothing serious happened.  Erinko, why don’t you take a a nice bath, it’ll help you calm down”  without responding Erina walked into the bathroom “Maimi is getting you towels and a change of clothes so you just wait there and…”

“ARGH!!” Saki heard a scream down the hall, recognizing it to be Maimi’s she rushed out to see Maimi on the floor holding her leg, the said towels and clothes sprawled around.

“Maimi!!!!” Saki ran up to Maimi’s fallen figure “Maimi how does it hurt?” No response only groans of agony “Move your hands, let me see” Saki took Maimi’s hands away and did a doubletake, there were huge bruises forming and it looked kinda weird

“How is she?” Saki turned to see Erina emerging from the washroom, streaking towards them, teary-eyed “I’m so sorry!!! I’m so sorry!!! If she…”

“Erinko don’t worry about it, I need you to call an ambulance for me, Maimi might have a broken leg” Saki ordered then turned to Maimi “Maimi hang in there, the ambulance is coming .  I’m going to get some ice packs for you, okay?” Maimi gave a slight nod “Erinko, stay with Maimi” Saki instructed as she ran off to find ice packs

Erina kneeled on the floor beside Maimi, tears in her eyes “I’m so sorry Yajima-san, my own problems caused…caused…” Maimi grabbed Erina’s hand

“Mano-chan *grunt* don’t…don’t worry *groan* about it.  I was more *grunt* worried about you, I-I-I didn’t care what *groan* happens to me.  Your safe-safety was more important” Maimi gave Erina’s hand a tight squeeze

After the doctor’s analyzed Maimi’s condition, they put a cast on Maimi’s leg, apparently Maimi had broken a bone in her shin area and would require crutches to move around

End of Flashback

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 32 - 04/12
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »
)*o*( Maimi! Oh noes, I hope she'll be okay! Wait, what am I saying, it's a flashback. :doh: But, really, that's smooth.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »
I finally caught up!!! Chapters marathon woohoo. Too much comments that I don't know where to start so I'll just summarise my thoughts:

1) TakaGaki.....HOT!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2) I really want to know the people behind the code names :P Cool fight :D But I guess Airi now has a headache to figure out the case

3) Captain x Maimi friendship :wub:

4) Maimi x Erino's past :O

I want more updates (especially on TakaGaki and TanaKame if possible heehee)

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 03:35:28 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness:  :rofl: Is she okay???  :rofl: Girl, I wanna know what you were drinking when you were reading.

Hey a person's gotta do what they gotta to get their target no?

@ baddie: You had a marathon??? Where did you start from???

I recall you being one to cheer on the Takagaki combo, as well as others and since the main characters is not just one, why not add moments for each couple? at least main couples that is.  ;)

Did you think I was going to indicate who they were anytime soon???  :smhid You don't know me very well *ebil grin* and yes Airi definitely has a huge headache and if not huge now, it will be.

I couldn't read that small line but I think it says you want more updates but not on Takagaki and Tanakame right? J/K

Chapter 33

While I was healing, I got closer to Erina and finally I mustered enough courage to ask her out and be my girlfriend” Maimi smiled just thinking about the happy times

“Wow!  Yajima-san you look athletic but never knew you to be that brave as well.  But then that means Shimizu-san got you guys together, then why is she upset with your ex now? And how did you guys break up?”

Airi watched as the once glowing smile slowly faded, Maimi’s eyebrows scrunching slightly “I’m not sure how to explain it to you but it was like we were all happy one day and the next, Erina disappeared”

“Disappeared?  What do you mean disappeared?”

“She left…she left without saying anything.  At first I thought something had happened to her so Saki and I went to her place to find the place empty.  We asked the neighbours and they told us that the Mano family moved”

“Why the sudden move?  Maybe they had to move and didn’t want you to be upset”

“That’s what I thought, that there was a reason why she left without saying anything so I called her cell, emailed her but nothing came back.  I guess I was so affected by the disappearance, I want into a depression.  I got sick not too long after, fainting all the time, refusing to eat, refusing to do anything.  That’s why Saki is so upset though because I turned from someone who was confident and strong to something that made her worry every second, every minute, everyday that I would die of it.  It took me enough time to finally let Erina go and become the person I was, so the reappearance of the Mano family sort of ignited Saki’s fury switch”

“Did you get a chance to speak to your ex now?”

Maimi shook her head “I just know that apparently they left for America and now are back to do business”

“Yajima-san…do you still love her?”

“I…” ‘Say it!  Yajima Maimi say you don’t!  Why is it so hard for you to say you don’t?  Isn’t that what you tried to establish?’

“I think more or less you do because although it is a bad ending to your relationship, you still feel something for her.  That could be the reason why you missed things while you were at work, another way of looking at it is that because you never had a proper ending to the relationship so you still linger onto it”

“I don’t know, I mean I haven’t thought about Erina all these years”

“Exactly, you put it in the back of your head but when your ex’s family shows up in your life again, all those that you pushed to the back comes flowing to the front”

Maimi sat there thinking “I guess you’re right, maybe I am looking for that ending”

“I could understand where Shimizu-san is coming from, if Miya had a history like that, I’d be afraid history would repeat itself.  I’d hate to see ane sick and cranky as it is, much less to say a depression”

“I’m not upset at Saki, she’s been there for me through thick and thin, I just hope she drops the past.  What’s happened cannot be undone, I can only move forward now.  I know I don’t hold the same feelings for Erina anymore, maybe you’re right I’m only lingering because it didn’t end properly but my depression was an action I took, regardless if Erina was the cause or not, I chose to not pick myself up right away”

Airi nodded in understanding “Maybe this is a good opportunity for her to stop worrying about you.  You do your project correctly and maybe she’ll see that you aren’t affected anymore maybe that’ll ease your mind”

“I will Suzuki-san, and in your case I doubt you’re paranoid about a pretty face, unless you’re drunk that is” Maimi chuckled earning her a light punch from an embarrassed Airi “but like you’ve said to me, do your job correctly and maybe Natsuyaki-san will drop her suspicion on you”

“Mou did you have to remind me of my drunken incident? It’s embarrassing as it is to show my drunk state to people I just met”

“Hey I think it was a good thing don’t you?  If you didn’t get drunk, you wouldn’t have found a jogging buddy and a new friend, Suzuki-san right?”

“If we’re friends, then please stop the formalities, Airin is what Miya and ane calls me”

“Alright Airin, Maimi at your service whenever you need to jog”

“Talking about jog, let’s go for that jog shall we?” Airi got up and stretched

“Unfortunately I have lots to do and I have cramps today so I couldn’t jog today”

“Huh?! Then why did you say you were okay?”

Maimi guided Airi to the door and down to the parking lot “because I knew something was bothering you and I wanted to help” Maimi shut Airi’s door for her and headed back to her office leaving Airi somewhat dumbfolded ‘She sure is intriguing, but thank you Maimi, let’s work hard together.  Ganbare!!!’ ~BEEP BEEP~ Airi looked at her phone and flipped it open then smiled before driving off

~No, thank you~ Maimi
Date: April 3
Time: 7:23 pm

“Ken-san, nothing has been found about the girls and so far Matsumoto-san is fine as well.  We also don’t have anything on Tokugawa”

“Trash!!!! You guys are all rubbish, how hard is it to find 2 girls and the whereabouts of a man?!” Ken slapped the guy in the face

“Ken-san, the identities given to us were fakes, we’ve asked our resources out in the U.S and apparently everything about the girls history and background was fake.  In terms of Tokugawa, he wasn’t a social guy nor friendly either, he has rivals all over the place, so without anyone that wants him alive it’ll be hard to find out how he got killed”

“Grrrr! Get out!!!!” Ken threw the whiskey cup he was holding ‘I can’t believe my reputation in the underworld is going to crumble because of 2 girls.  They might have fled the country already too…but maybe they haven’t.  They might be the people Nakai-san is looking for, the ones spoiling all our plans.  They must be able to get their information so maybe I should set a trap.  I will regain my reputation and take out our problems in one shot.  Maybe I should have a talk with King-san and set something up.’ Ken picked up his phone and dialled for Ren Matsumoto’s designated man.

“Moshi moshi”

“King-san, it’s me Ken”

“Ah Ken-san, are you still alive?”

From Ken’s side he was sure King was smirking but he just held in his anger “Yes and I realize that this problem may be something that would screw us up if we don’t take them out”

“So you can’t find these mere girls?” grinned King

“Well we are not sure if the backup they had are mere girls, they could be paid to lure us out but I think I have a plan to exterminate these rodents”

“Go on I’m listening”

“It’s simple, we don’t know what their purpose is and what better way to catch a rodent but to trap them”

“How do you propose to trap them?”

“Well as you know Matsumoto-san’s name is out, so why don’t we use that?  In a way it benefits you regardless”

“Oh?! How so?”

“If we catch them, we get credit for thinking up the plan, meaning it is our chance to shine and if we don’t and Matsumoto goes, then who knows I can persuade Nakai-san to make you next head or continue business with you”

There was a long pause on the other end before Ken heard light chuckling “Ken-san I do like the way you think, how can I help you in your plan?”

“I will need a little more time and maybe we can chat about other methods.  I have heard a great deal of your capabilities in Matsumoto’s group, we’ll need to plan this perfectly”

“Well keep in touch Ken-san, I’ll think of what we can use as bait for our rodents” ~CLICK~

‘Success!!!! I’ll find you and your crew where ever you are’ Ken laughed evilly alone as he started to devise his plan
Date: April 3
Time: 10:25 pm

“I’m glad we are coming out tonight Rei” Eri sighed

Reina wrapped her arm around Eri’s shoulder and lightly kissed her on the neck “Why do you say that?”

“The tension at home and work has been unbearable” Reina stopped her antics and just rested her chin on Eri’s shoulders

“I know what you mean, I have never seen them fight like this before so it’s bothering a lot of us at work, more when it comes to us and Ai-chan because we live with them”

“I just wished there was something we could do to make them be friends again” Eri looked at Reina “What do you think we can do Rei?”

“Eri, I think the situation is outside of our hands” Reina took Eri’s hand in her own, giving it a light squeeze

Eri frowned at the answer she had been just given, she took a big gulp of her drink “Why? Why is it outside of our hands?”

Reina took hold of Eri’s hand that held her drink, stopping her from taking any more long gulps “Hun, there is nothing I love more than for us to be both drunk and get it on however, it’s no fun when you are upset and drinking like this, you’ll only get drunk faster.  It is outside of our hands because we don’t know what the relationship between Maimi, Saki and Mano Corp is”

“What do you think happened anyways to cause Saki to be so upset with Maimi and for Maimi to overlook something?”

“I don’t know hun, it’s hard to say but I just can’t believe that their long time friendship ended up like this because of this…this Mano Corp” Reina took a swig of her own drink as she was deep in thought about what could of happened and the connection between Maimi, Saki and Mano Corp

“Saki did mention there was an ex, so do you think Maimi’s ex works at Mano Corp?”

Reina shook her head “I doubt it because as Ai-chan and I was searching up the history of Mano Corp, this Mano Corp existed a long time ago and went bankrupt, and was recreated in America and just moved recently back here”

“So how are you sure that Maimi’s ex doesn’t work for Mano Corp”

“Well Mano Corp right now is considered a new establishment, if Maimi dated this ex that worked in Mano Corp from way back then this person was like a high school student.  What company hires a high school student to work for them???”

Eri nodded in agreement “Hmmm, then what they hell does Mano Corp have to do with anything? Do you think this ex is now married or related to Mano Corp?”

“I don’t know exactly what to think babe, but I do know that we are only depressing ourselves more by discussing about this” Reina waved for the waiter to give them more drinks “So how about we just enjoy the rest of the night just thinking about fun and nothing more?”

“You’re right, who was the idiot that brought the topic up anyways?” Eri grumbled and polished her drink

“Cheers, idiot” Reina gave Eri her drink and raised her glass waiting for Eri.  Eri thought hard and realized it indeed was her that brought up the topic so she pouted, crossing her arms across her chest “Awww my baby is the cutest when she pouts” Reina leaned into and whispered in a husky voice “But she looks the sexiest when she dances” immediately Eri’s face blushed.  Reina seeing that it had the effect she wanted took Eri’s hand “So let’s dance shall we?” winking at her.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 33 - 04/14
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »
I wasn't drunk, believe me. If I had been, my reply would have looked like I had just banged my head against the keyboard. :lol:

I love the MaimiAiri relationship and the plotty plot plot thickens. Comparing them to rats made me lol. I hope the cheese won't be too tempting.

“You’re right, who was the idiot that brought the topic up anyways?” Eri grumbled and polished her drink

“Cheers, idiot”
:lol: :lol:

MOAR TAKAGAKI!
A mention, a side bar, a phone convo, come on, I'm desperate! I need my fix!!!

That is all.

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »
woa lot of chapters  :panic:

keep up the good work  :D

MORE MIYAXCAPTAIN
kekekeke

@ ChrNo:
Me thinks you don't like Risako/Aika pairing...why?
because i don't like the two of them.....together >_>

:lol: Indeed it means there is potential Maimi/Airi but will that be what is final??? I'll leave that up in the air  :twisted:

maimi and airi neeeeeeeeeeed to end up together  :D

i feel like a drama with mano maimi and airi is coming, like airi will have to handcuff mano or something and feel weird and can't do it in order not to hurt maimi kukukuku
or something more dramatic like airi will have to shoot at mano hu hu hu
or some bad guys around here will kidnap mano and airi would shoot at the guy miss him and end up hurting mano and maimi would go crazy  :twisted:

I believe girls still like to receive flowers because it just shows that the guy at least has thought of something to make her happy.  Putting a little thought into it you know?
i don't know...it's like a bit too ...classic... or something i would think to buy because i haven't thought of anything else one hour before the date  :lol:
just a personal opinion right...i believe there are still girls who love receiving flowers~

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: Not drunk?? hmmmm....how about high on something  :lol:

I haven't really thought that far about what the cheese would be....any suggestions???

You know the way you say how you want a mention.... I was wondering, you never did say you wanted a mention of them together  :twisted:

@ ChrNo: I recall you love to read loads of chapters as opposed to a chapter a day or something along those lines so I guess you got what you wanted. 

I'll try to keep up my work but no promises.

I have been in this evil mood lately so I might not put Maimi and Airi together but nothing is for certain...I haven't even decided an ending yet, should it be a happy one? or a sad one?

Hmmmm.....those are good suggestions as to how to create more trouble than I've already written....hmmmm... :twisted:

Sometimes the classic method works better than any other method right? The fact that people still remember to buy flowers is not really something that is common anymore don't you think?  So to be able to even recall it being a nice gesture is good enough.

Chapter 34

Date: April 4
Time: 12:23 am

It was dark everywhere in the house so Airi could safely assume Miyabi and Risa were already asleep.  After the conversation with Maimi a while ago, Airi had been thinking, ‘If Miya doesn’t believe me, I’ll have to prove myself right or wrong.  I can’t just push my own assumptions on her.  Maybe she is tired of these wild goose chases and she should be, I have been pushing the team into dead ends.’

~KNOCK KNOCK~ “Come in” Risa walked in with a tray “Ane!!! I thought you were asleep!  What are you doing up?”

“I thought you might be hungry so I made you some ramen” Risa placed the tray on Airi’s desk “I heard about your disagreement with Miya” Airi lowered her head at the mention “Did you want to talk about it?”

Airi sat there thinking about it for a minute ‘Is this the right time to talk to you?  Would you think I am obsessed too? Do I want to add to your worry?’ Airi opened her mouth but wasn’t sure how to phrase herself.  Seeing this, Risa lifted Airi’s face to hers and held onto Airi’s hands “Airin, don’t worry, I know you, you’re logical and when you’re ready to talk I’ll always be around”

“Ane, Am I making you worried?”

Risa chuckled at the question then ruffled Airi’s hair “Kiddo! You’re my younger sibling, I’ll worry about you regardless of your age”

“Have you been worried about me more recently, say since my breakup?”

Risa paused then looked at Airi’s eyes, filled with sincerity seeking for the truth “Yes Airin, I have.  Since you first talked about the breakup, I’ve been hearing about your behaviour from Miya.  I see something is troubling you but you seem to just go off and come back haggard or as if you don’t want to talk to anyone.  Maybe its just me, but I feel like you don’t want to communicate with me so I begin to worry about what is going on”

Airi lunged forward hugging Risa with tears in her eyes “I’m sorry ane, *sniff* I-I never thought how much drama I am causing you.  *sniff* I-I-I thought I could deal with it so I-I-I didn’t need to tell you and because…*sniff* because you have your own life, you shouldn’t have to have me as a burden in your life forever.  I-I never thought you’d feel this way” Airi sobbed in Risa’s shoulder

Risa rubbed Airi’s back, soothing her “Airin, don’t worry I just want to make sure you are okay that’s all”

Airi pulled away “Ane, I’ve been fine, maybe I have been working the team too hard because I want to finish the case but none of that has to do with the breakup.  I’m 100% sure, it has nothing to do with my breakup with Rii-chan.  I wasn’t sure whether it was before but now I am sure my behaviour has nothing to do with Rii-chan.  It’s not like I don’t talk about it or bottle things up, it just happens I have been using other methods of talking about it” Airi rambled on

“Like jogging?” Airi eyes widened “you’ve been jogging more than you use to.  Does you’re healing have to do with a certain jogging buddy?”

“Jogging helps me think and it just happens that Maimi knows how to get me to open up and I feel like I can confide in her.  She’s a good friend that has done nothing really but listen to my ranting”

“Maimi? You guys are on first names now? Wow you sure move on fast” Risa teased nudging Airi on the arm

Airi wiped her tears and whacked Risa on the arm lightly “Ane, don’t say that!!! How could you possibly tease me when I haven’t done so much as it is with you and Takahashi-san?  Don’t think Miya an d I didn’t notice the late night calls and the coyness in you reveal itself.  Besides we are just friends, its okay to joke with me but don’t with her”

“Ohhh~~~ Already protecting her huh?! You guys act more like a couple than Ai-chan and myself”

“First, she’s a strong person that doesn’t need protecting and second, I just found out she’s in a tough bind herself so don’t joke around with her about it.  I don’t want her to lose trust in me, by knowing I’ve told you something that she doesn’t like to express to the world” glared Airi

Risa backed off with her hands in the air “Okay okay it’s just a joke.  Alright go eat your ramen and go to bed.  I’ll wash the dishes tomorrow.  Don’t be dreaming of your Maimi” Risa closed the door behind her before a pillow could make contact ‘Just wait Airin, in a couple of months, you’ll see’ Risa grinned before heading to her own room
Time: 7:00 am

Ai woke up and turned to see the timer read 7:00 ‘Time to get up *yawn* I wonder if Risa has talked to Suzuki-san.  She’s been worrying about her to the point that even I’m worried.  I’ll have to call her at lunch’ Ai stretched and walked out of her room towards the bathroom ‘*sniff* *sniff* Today there’s no smell of breakfast yet, is Maimi-chan still not coming home?’ Ai decided to check on Maimi just in case the younger girl was sick or something however not to her surprise, Maimi’s bed was untouched ‘She didn’t come home again????’

“She’s not home again?” Ai turned to see Saki coming out of her own room

“I don’t think she came home by the looks of it...Er...”

“What’s up Ai-chan?”

“Saki-chan, I know you don’t like the client and you have found suspicious reasons for Maimi to not go through with the presentation and all but I think you’ve actually hurt Maimi’s pride”

Saki sighed “I know Ai-chan, I didn’t intend to be harsh and I don’t know why I sounded that way but I was worried, worried that Maimi would get hurt again lingering on something that’s no longer there”

“You didn’t have to involve Reina and Eri in it though.  Can you imagine what you would feel like to be told that they’re wrong and get reprimanded for their behaviour in front of their subordinates?  Regardless if we are friends outside, you didn’t have to point out that Eri or Reina found something that she couldn’t”

Saki looked down onto the floor in guilt “I’m sorry, Ai-chan”

“You shouldn’t be saying sorry to me, I think she’s been working hard to do her duty and…”

“And?”

“…well in a way, is it possible she feels like she’s let us down or that she’s ashamed so she’s been avoiding us? I’ve never seen her so down like this before”

“What happened back then anyways to make you flare at her? *Yawn*” Saki and Ai turned to see Reina and a half-awoken Eris stumbling out of their room.

“She didn’t tell you?” Saki asked.  Everyone shook their heads “Figures, I don’t think she’s told anyone and I know only because I was there but okay this starts from when we were in school…”

After the history of Maimi and Erina, Reina and Eri were left speechless “You mean Maimi had a vulnerable and weak side?”

Ai smacked Reina at the back of her head “I can understand why you’re concerned Saki, although we came into the picture after, it must have been tough on you”

“Did you have to smack me this early in the morning? I think I’m losing brain cells from all this abuse” Reina complained, rubbing her head then turning to Eri for comfort

“It was tough, I’m an only child and so is Maimi so growing up together, we are like siblings to each other.  I was so scared when she was hooked up to machines to survive, too weak to even chew” silent tears started falling down Saki’s cheek

Ai, Reina and Eri walked over to hug her, never have they seen Saki cry like this, it was rare, along with Maimi, to see her cry.  “Saki, I know its hard thinking and imagining the past but don’t you think Maimi has it hard too to be reminded of her own past? A past that she might not want to remember?”

Saki remained silent ‘It’s true, I was so concerned about my feelings and my point of views that I totally neglected how it felt for Maimi to be hearing this from me.  I’m so stupid for not thinking about her feelings, I just assumed everything’

The trio pulled away, Ai wiped the tears away from Saki’s face “What are you going to do now? Are you going to apologize to Maimi?” Reina asked

Saki smirked “Reina, I would’ve thought that after working under Maimi for so long, you’d know that Maimi doesn’t care for spoken apologies” then Saki walked off  hollering “I’m making breakfast”

Reina nudged Ai “What does she mean by that?”

Ai shrugged her shoulders “I think its something that’s between Maimi and her.  Shouldn’t you know?”

“To be honest, Maimi yells and then tells me to make change or what not then leaves before I can say sorry”

“What about you Ai-chan” the now fully awaken Eri asked

“I’m the secretary, with my years of training, it’s all straight forward clerical work.  My chances of getting anything wrong is slim” Ai arrogantly replied

“Yeah, yeah it’s only because Maimi likes you better than us” grumbled Eri with Reina nodding in agreement
Time: 8:30 am

The 4 arrived at the office to find Maimi on the phone having a discussion.  From afar the 4 could hear the discussion escalating to an argument.  Saki clutching to the coffee she bought on her way to work walked to Maimi’s office, closing the door behind her

“Do you understand the risk we may be facing here?”

Saki placed the coffee in front of Maimi, in which Maimi acknowledged and took a sip, then sat in one of Maimi’s chairs listening in.

Unexpectedly Maimi put the call on speaker and Maimis’ father’s voice filled the room “That was in the past, this joint venture could help us create a bigger market share in our US offices, you have no proof ofanything then and now.  Those were just rumours”

“Can you guarantee that its not the same while they were in the US? Or that this joint venture could be for other uses in their eyes? The same it is for you, can you guarantee that those were just rumours as you call it? Or better yet, do you have proof that there is no link between them?” hollered Maimi in frustration

“You have no proof of it, I don’t suggest we decline the project”

“Why take that risk though? You haven’t done a search nor are you giving me time to do a search but regardless of the outcome, I still think it’s best if we decline”

“I don’t want to lose a client because of your research time! Nor do I want to offend one either” demanded Maimi’s father

Frustrated Maimi threw her hands in the air and plopped into her chair “Uncle, our staff is helping Maimi in this so it wouldn’t be long before we get results” Saki wasn’t sure which client it was but she wanted to at least ease the tension between the father and daughter

“I want to decline the Mano project as a whole” replied Maimi which startled Saki “Just because there are no similar activities in the US or proofs of such activities, I still don’t think it is worth the risk to have a joint venture with a company that has such a history.  Their association was rumoured to start here so who knows if old friends will be causing trouble or paying weekly visits.  The loss in reputation is not something that a simple compensation can settle.  Dad, you will be entrusting the company to me so I think I should have the final decision”

“Not until I hand it over to you!!! Saki-chan what do you think? If Maimi has a final say, you do too”

“Uncle Yajima, with all due respect, I need to see what Maimi has got to be sure but working with Maimi all these years, I believe she wouldn’t fully decline out of a project without reasonable cause”

Saki and Maimi could hear a sigh on Maimis’ father’s side “I will give you time to talk about it, while I talk to your father about this Saki-chan, however you better be prepared to be presenting to the Board” ~CLICK~

Maimi turned off the speaker phone and plopped back in her chair “Thanks for the coffee, I needed it”

Saki grinned “No problem, how long were you on the phone with Uncle Yajima? Aren’t they in UK right now?”

Maimi grunted “I think I get my bad working habits from him.  He is suppose to be on vacation with mom yet here he is calling me not long after I sent him an email suggesting a decline”

“Maimi, why do you want to decline? Is it…is it because…”

“I thought about our risks and I think that its blurry so I don’t want to take that risk.  I doubt I can find any proofs of what happened years ago so it’s just not profitable”

“So what have you found?”

“I’ll send you an electronic copy, there’s a long history and lots of supporting documents, but nothing of use and I’ll have to send it to you  later.  I’ve got to go now”

Saki looked at her watch “Eh~!  Where are you off to so early in the morning?”

Maimi paused unsure if she should answer “I’ve got a breakfast meeting with…Erina” At the mention of the name, Saki’s face turned sour, but didn’t say anything.  Maimi noticed the change in facial expression on Saki’s face “I’m going to sort things out for myself” before leaving

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aikawa Nanase - Red Wheel