JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - No Code

Author Topic: Need a website host, please read why  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
Need a website host, please read why
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »
Well.. how do I begin this nightmare?

What happened first is someone told me about tehlove hosting at http://tehlove.org/.  Their plans were really well priced (but not free) and I begged my grandmother for $20 to get a medium sized plan.  I registered http://songforxx.org and they were up fairly quickly.

I used my domain on and off because that's how it seemed to want to work-- on and off.  The host frankly sucked, the site was always down and I was beginning to wonder what I paid for.  I know, I know, "you get what you pay for" but I wasn't willing to drop another $100 on a domain that I don't use THAT often.

I finally started to use it a little more... and the host said that they were shutting down.  They said that our domains would remain in tact for as long as we paid for it.  Great!  I didn't care if they were shutting down as long as they made good with what I paid for.  I was starting to make plans for the domain, I had great plans for it in 2008.

Then I get an e-mail today which says they have to "transfer the domain names" and they're getting rid of their reseller.  That's right... ditching on everyone who paid, no matter if they got their full year or only 5 months (like myself).  Well, if I'm getting half the product, shouldn't I have paid half the price?  That $10 could've gone toward something, I don't know, a jpop single or something.  I'd rather give my money to people who will actually give me the product than bailing out halfway through.

So... now they're transferring the domain name to me, which is good for another half a year and I'm stuck hostless because they couldn't manage finances or whatever.

So please... my site doesn't take up more than 50mb at any point in time and I really need a host right now (one that can tell me wtf to do to transfer the domain to a different server too).  If you can spare any space on your domain and have the knowledge to help me transfer it over to your space, I would really, really appreciate it..
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Need a website host, please read why
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:13:41 AM »
^ Doesn't your ISP provide some onine storage included with your account?
I know mine does (its about 50MB with some limit on monthly traffic)

(50mb = 50 milli bit, I think that is a very small site ;) )

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:12 AM »
For starters make sure you get your auth code for your domain off the current host that's crucial for transferring.
Once you get the auth code you will be able to transfer the name to another host or registrar and it's usually all automatic depending on who you go with.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:29:36 AM by ebc »

Offline frozenthrone

• ecchi
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 08:41:27 AM »
im wiling to spare some space on my website but transfer it asap to hostgator.com .. that what i use and no problems with them for the last 2 years.. and for a cheap price too .. ok not that cheap but good and reliable is what you want for a okay price.

Offline Takumi 86

• Feel the Music!
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your site, I don know if this gonna help but i do know some good site to find web host like this. you can either find for paid host or free host, just visit here: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - No Code