JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Pillows - Ride on shooting star

Author Topic: Google+ (Google Plus) take on Facebook?! [Follow the Official JPHiP Page!]  (Read 18137 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Google+ (Google Plus) take on Facebook?! [GET INVITES!?]
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 09:26:55 AM »
Are you guys still using G+? I tried it out - seems pretty slick, but only a couple of my friends post on it =X

It's now for all without invites and apparently everyone abandoned it XD

I don't social media much cuz I'm on jphip so much but damn, Google better get they shit together

Offline Erusa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
Think FB's popularity still wins out. Even without sending invites to get access, not much people are willing to switch over. I got an account when the invites started and for the first couple days, people tried posting. Now only 1 person still is doing it.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »
Google+ has new features!

Hashtags! "What's popular now?"! Ripples! Photo editing!

What’s Hot on Google+: see what everyone’s talking about
Google+ users share and receive billions of items every day—on a wide range of topics, in nearly every country. Circles give you a personal lens on all this activity, helping you focus on updates from your family or your favorite celebrities. But sometimes you want to know what the world is so excited about. Whether it’s breaking news or beautiful photos, you just don’t want to miss anything. With this in mind, we’re launching “What’s Hot” on Google+, a new place to visit for interesting and unexpected content.

Google+ Ripples: watch how posts get shared
There’s something deeply satisfying about sharing on Google+, then watching the activity unfold. Comments pour in, notifications light up, friends share with friends (who share with their friends), and in no time at all there’s an entire community around your post. We want to help people re-live those conversations—both to rekindle that initial excitement, and to learn how posts flow across the network. That’s why we’re launching Google+ Ripples: a visualization tool for public shares and comments.

To get started, just find a public post that interests you, and select “View Ripples.” From there you can replay its activity, zoom in on certain events, identify top contributors and much more. Google+ Ripples is still experimental, so let us know how we can make it more informative and more awesome

Google+ Creative Kit: have more fun with your photos
Nothing tells a story like the perfect picture, so it’s only natural to want to make yours really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking. Unfortunately, photo editing is too often a chore, requiring specialized software and lots of patience. We want to help everyone put their best photo forward, so today we’re introducing the Google+ Creative Kit, a fast and friendly way to make powerful edits to your photos.

Now you can add that vintage feel to your vacation photos. Or sharpen those snapshots from the family barbeque. Or add some text for added personality. With the Creative Kit, all you need is an idea

They're even doing a HALLOWEEN EVENT to celebrate the introduction of photo editing on G+. I was surprised at how well it worked and how much fun it was to play around with. You can participate in the event by editing a photo making use of the special Halloween effects in the Creative Kit, sharing your creation in a public post with the hashtag #gplushalloween .

Read the whole story and watch nifty tutorials over at the Google blog.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/google-popular-posts-eye-catching.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2011, 08:47:40 AM »
LOL! I think I saw your Halloween pic there twiss, before my chrome crashed XD I gotta try this out lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Google+ (Google Plus) take on Facebook?! [Follow the Official JPHiP Page!]
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
NEW!! :jphip: finally has an official page lol

http://plus.google.com/112762049675677728153/

dunno how to edit gplus.to so maybe Google can fix this someday :lol:

They have been rolling out "Pages" for brands so no more fears of our page being deleted with first name "JPHiP, last name ".com" XD

Follow! Circle TODAY! :hipheart:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
Don't know if other ppl are experiencing this.

Lately I've got What's Hot posts all between my normal posts. So I went and tried finding an Adblock Plus filter like I always do. :P

Instead, I found you can just press the What's Hot option on the left-bar.
Then in the What's Hot section, move the slider to the furthest-left to show 0 posts in the future. Problem solved. :thumbup

Offline Nakamii

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • It'SimplyAwesome.
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »
NEW!! :jphip: finally has an official page lol

http://plus.google.com/112762049675677728153/

dunno how to edit gplus.to so maybe Google can fix this someday :lol:

They have been rolling out "Pages" for brands so no more fears of our page being deleted with first name "JPHiP, last name ".com" XD

Follow! Circle TODAY! :hipheart:

I want to follow :hipheart: ! But, I haven't made an Google+ Account...
Follow me ;3 Tumblr | Twitter
★前田敦子・推し☆||柏木由紀||小嶋陽菜||篠田麻里子||峰岸みなみ||江藤彩也香||宮脇咲良

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2012, 05:41:11 AM »
^ sign up for one XD but i haven't used it in a while. Must stalk AKB girls.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
lol i just signed up

Dave Akuma  :cow:

what is this google's version of twitter lol

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Who greenlit the new UI design? The old one was fine :kickass:

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
I'm in Google+ too

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Pillows - Ride on shooting star