JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Predators - Mustang Hippie

Author Topic: [Movie] Tokyo Gore Police  (Read 11517 times)

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
[Movie] Tokyo Gore Police
« on: June 08, 2008, 06:46:49 AM »

Synopsis:
In the near future...The Tokyo Police force has been privatized and incorporated. The new force has their hands full with a new type of genetically engineered mutant stalking the streets and brutally taking human lives. Luca, the top level officer at Tokyo Police has special law enforcement skills but her dark past makes her vulnerable. She is determined to hunt the mutant known as “Engineer” until the day she can find and destroy the mysterious “Key-Man”.

Trailer and Five minute Promo Reel

Directed by Yoshira Nishimura. (Special effects for: The Machine Girl, Meatball Machine, EXTE, Strange Circus.) Script written by Sayako Nakoshi and Kengo Kaji (Uzumaki). Fight choreography by Tak sakaguchi (Versus) Starring Eihi Shiina (Audition)

Quote from: Grady Hendrix: Co-founder of Subway Cinema
We went up to see the rough cut of TOKYO GORE POLICE with unfinished sound and effects and were pretty impressed. I like MACHINE GIRL and think it’s all kinds of fun but would never argue that it’s a “good” movie. TOKYO GORE POLICE on the other hand is what happens to MACHINE GIRL when it’s been put in the hyper-evolvo chamber for a thousand years, blasted with atomic radiation, rubbed with mysterious balms from the land of Gadzooks! and has crystal meth pumping through its veins instead of blood. Think STARSHIP TROOPERS meets Peter Jackson’s DEAD ALIVE with Shinya Tsukamoto and David Cronenberg’s mutant dwarf freak baby standing on its back and howling.

American Premiere at the New York Asian Film festival. Canadian Premiere at the Fantasia festival. West Coast Premiere at the Another Hole in the Head Film Festival.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:37:02 AM by Masa »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Re: Tokyo Gore Police
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »
i read an article about it..I can't wait to see it when it comes out!!(which will probably be a while)

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:23:48 AM »
I heard about this right after i watched the Machine Girl. This shit looks even more ridiculous with the freaky ass mutants.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:26:28 AM »
infuckincredible!! I love this trend :hump:

Who is this  Eihi Shiina!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:27:09 AM »
The fact alone that Tak Sakaguchi is involved makes this promising. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 07:37:34 AM »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:47:47 AM by Masa »

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 10:46:54 AM »
yeah i never heard of this Eihi Shiina. The surname itself is quite unique but she does look like Shibasaki Kou.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
She's the chick from Audition.

This movie looks wickedly insane.

After reading this, "I like MACHINE GIRL and think it’s all kinds of fun but would never argue that it’s a “good” movie,"

I thought this was going to actually be a more serious movie, but from watching the trailers it's like Machine Girl 100x worse and 100x more bad ass XD

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 11:15:08 PM »
Who is this Eihi Shiina!

As Streak already said, Eihi Shiina was the lead actress in Audition. Which in case you haven't heard of it is probably the best horror movie of the past decade or two.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 11:44:34 PM »
to be honest, Japan movies seem to make all the good stuff in horror and all..wonder why we can't get that now? :lol:

still can't wait to see the movie! :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
^ I wouldn't necessarily say that Japan has the best horror stuff, cause well they basically follow most of the same formula, especially since Ring/Ringu was such a success. But they definitely have a few gems and Audition was one of them, it was one of a couple movies that had me genuinely scared in the last few years.
* StreakInTheSky remembers the bag D:

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »
+1 to what StreakInTheSky just said. And why the hell did you have to mention the bag? That's gonna be in my head all day now.

And to stay on topic. . .

Quote from: New York Asian Film Festival
This gleeful sci-fi destructo party mixes STARSHIP TROOPERS with ROBOCOP, then grafts the love child of Shinya Tsukamoto and David Cronenberg to its back, screaming with body horror, and douses itself in a waterfall of thick, bubbling gore. At the center of the maelstorm stands Eihi Shiina, who hasn’t been seen in a film since Takashi Miike’s 1999 masterpiece, AUDITION, torturing a poor salaryman for the crime of daring to love her. TOKYO GORE POLICE is a masterpiece (yes, we mean it!) full of filmic innovation, genre-busting weirdness and a desire to freak you out. Plus it's got a penis gun - our second one in two years!

Police officer Ruka (Shiina) is part of a special termination squad in the newly-established Tokyo Police Corporation, a privatized paramilitary force that maintains law and order through ultraviolence, sadism and streetside executions. Ruka carries a lot of scars, however, both inside and out. Her father, an old-fashioned neighborhood cop (familiar face Keisuke Horibe), was murdered in broad daylight by a mysterious assassin, and Ruka has dedicated her life to finding the killer. But in the midst of a new case she's been assigned to—the hunt for a shadowy mad scientist known simply as the "Key Man," who's behind the creation of a race of criminally insane mutations called "Engineers"—Ruka discovers clues to the identity of her father's killer. But these clues link her closely to the Key Man and his desire to remake the population into biomechanical piles of mad, murderous flesh.

Packed to its mutated gills with transgressive imagery, this flick knows just when to wink while chewing your head off with a crocodile vagina monster. Behind the camera are some of the most talented filmmakers to emerge from Japan in recent years. Co-writer Kengo Kaji was one of the writers of the brilliantly deranged UZUMAKI, and both of the other screenwriters (one of them director Nishimura) are past collaborators with mad genius Sion Sono, last year's guest for EXTE and the director of NORIKO'S DINNER TABLE, SUICIDE CIRCLE and STRANGE CIRCUS. But Nishimura's main chops are as a makeup artist and special effects designer on productions like MEATBALL MACHINE and AKANBO SHOJO (also showing in the NYAFF this year), and it shows in the attention he gives to the gloriously violent and gore-soaked effects sequences in the film, particularly a centerpiece fetish party.

Based on Nishimura's award-winning 1995 short "Anatomnia Extinction," this film is a miracle of execution - shot in just two weeks and at a pace that would kill lesser organisms. After viewing the endless army of latex oddities onscreen, you'll understand why that's such a jaw-dropping schedule. Spiced with precise doses of fight choreography by the versatile Tak Sakaguchi—responsible for the action in AZUMI and VERSUS, and who also appears in the film as the first Engineer the police encounter—and co-produced by New York City's own Fever Dreams / Media Blasters, TGP is possibly the goriest, craziest, most eye-blowing, chunk-spewing, urine-spraying, vagina-chomping, head-exploding sci-fi movie of all time. You are cordially invited to the North American premiere so that you may witness stage one in the destruction of our sanity.

Source  I didn't realize that this was an American co-production. R1 DVD all but certain now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:14:55 PM by iacus »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
^ I stumbled upon that DVD (has english audio also!), still have to watch it but here is a screen grab :)

Japan *is* nuts :rofl:
(and we are also for watching it)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »
I started watching it the other day. Thus far it's been all right. It's no Machine Girl, but still seems like a bit of fun. It made me laugh at least.
[/url]

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 10:53:41 PM »

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »
i'm thinking of d/l'ing it, but worried about some things..is it really that bloody or any weird stuff I should know about?

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »
If you saw that 5-minute trailer I posted up earlier you should know what you're getting yourself into. Though I guess I haven't actually seen the movie so I wouldn't really know.

I wanna see this properly so I'm waiting for the dvd
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:59:47 PM by iacus »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 12:30:31 AM »
i'm thinking of d/l'ing it, but worried about some things..is it really that bloody or any weird stuff I should know about?

lol... watch that trailer iacus posted before, read my description in the DL thread... decide for yourself.

I started watching it the other day. Thus far it's been all right. It's no Machine Girl, but still seems like a bit of fun. It made me laugh at least.

i actually really like machine girl. machine girl isn't actually fucked up, imo. i only mentioned it for the gore. machine girl is more of a campy, funny b-movie to me. TGP is just fucking weird.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »
i actually really like machine girl. machine girl isn't actually fucked up, imo. i only mentioned it for the gore. machine girl is more of a campy, funny b-movie to me. TGP is just fucking weird.
Exactly. I more than enjoyed Machine Girl. The gore was more of a fun thing in Machine Girl, and what made it awesome was the humor and the fact that it has a good story (for it's genre). Just one of those movies you can't other than love.

Now, I haven't finished TGP. But it seems it's just trying to be too much all the time. I can dig that from time to time, so I will def finish it. But I'm not having any specific expectations. And I guess that's the way it should be, lol.
[/url]

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 05:44:35 AM »
I wanna see this properly so I'm waiting for the dvd

There's a 6.24GB DVDISO on Demonoid if you wanna grab that..

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Predators - Mustang Hippie