JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Giniro

Author Topic: A Fukuoka Yankii in Fujiwara's Court: Chapter 3 on 12/8 (omatase!)  (Read 17222 times)

Offline kameririn

• In love with Eririn and ReinAi
Re: A Fukuoka Yankii in Fujiwara's Court: Chapter 2 on 9/17
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 02:45:14 AM »
Hi Rokun!

Recently I start to read your fic! I like it very much!

Seems pretty interesting, and not only because I wish something hot happen between Reina and Ai   :hiakhiakhiak:

I didn't watch A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. What is that? A movie?

I don't know anything about this period, but with your fic I wish I can learn more!!

Please! Continue! I will be waiting for more! :D

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:12 AM »
Finally get to read this story and...Dang! Me likey! :w00t:

I wonder how Reina actually time-travelled to the Heian era (I'll admit I've never read the Conneticut Yankee, sorry :P). But of course, who else should she meet if not the Lord Takahashi :lol: Somehow I get the feeling, and kinda hoping, that Reina & the Lord will have more than many long, pleasant conversations :lol:

I like how Saki's & Maimi's characters are so opposite (kinda like fire and water) and yet they complement each other so well :) If we have Momo & Miya as the Shimizu's consorts, who are the Yajima consorts? Airi? XD

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
Re: A Fukuoka Yankii in Fujiwara's Court: Chapter 1 on 9/8
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »
New chapter! Woot!

:otomerika:

And lengthy? Have you looked at Circle of Three or Odyssey? :lol: Hmm, I like how you put that. Yes, Reina is part of the bigger scheme of things. :) As to the random coincidence though... XD But get herself into trouble? Reina? :lol:

I've just finished All Aboard and started on Odyssey yesterday night. ^__^ ... I'm not sure what to make of the first few chapters just yet though... but I'm really curious as to where it's heading. Feels like it's going to be one big human drama xD

Cool, so I was kinda right about that... now, gotta keep that in mind while I read. The story's getting really good!  :thumbsup

Hey, it takes some time for someone to believe when something totally crazy is happening to them. :lol:

Are you sure? 'Coz I'd be hyperventilating the moment I found myself sleeping one moment and in front of some weird, historically dressed people in some foreign land the next. xD
And now that there's talk of consorts and stuff...  :shocked

Give the yankii a break!! lol.

What are you talking about, rokun?  :lol:

Reina isn't even all that distressed yet. She seems like she could be on break if anything xD

I hope you do get to know Berryz through this fic and others :)

Me too. And then maybe I'll be able to expand my reading scope a little more and check out the other non-MM fics. ^___^ I'm excited! *rubs hands together*

Wow, where'd this Kamezou Eric obsession come from? :lol:.

I'm sorry >.<

Lol, that must have been a bit random. I guess just from the fact that Eri was featured in the first chapter, and that I've really been into Eri and Eric and Elizabeth lately, with all my re-watchings of H!M and stuff. ^__^ Well... Eri is my second fav following Ai-chan, after all. So I'm just hoping for more Eri is all.

Chapter 2: Castle Shimizu, Tea Room

I really liked this chapter! Lots of happenings, and I'm glad to see things pushing forward at a nice, steady pace. ^__________^

And secondly, I really like your writing too.  :love:  Very eloquent, but not too complex to follow. Enough detail to be engaging on a whole other level. Very good. Yep.  :P

The girls had managed it despite her protests, since she couldn’t bring herself to fight against rather pretty girls who at least didn’t seem intent on doing her any harm

Woooo, my gaydar going off here xD
Or should I just make it easy on myself and assume that all the girls in our fics swing that way? ^___^

She let out a short yelp, but hardly even noticed through the layers of fabric as she hit the ground and rolled a pace before coming to rest staring at the ceiling. Then, despite her normal agility, she realized she could not move her limbs enough to push herself up again.

That's one yankii entrance alright.

:rofl:

She now realized no one was any longer moving to help her, and only astonished and appalled gasps filled the room.

“There,” she said, finally able to rise and tying the obi to make sure the last light kimono layer was tight enough around her chest. “That’s more like it.” She kicked a leg out in relief at her returned flexibility, admiring the jeans that showed blue as it poked out of the robe, before looking up at the many people around the room who stared at her, some of the maids and soldiers even with open mouths lit fitfully from what looked like oil lamps scattered across the room.

“So what’s up?” she said, trying to lighten the tension like she usually did in such situations....

I loved this little moment! Very amusing, and the little detail about her kicking out a leg like that in relief... I could so imagine everybody gaping at this disturbingly alien creature before them, doing whatever she liked with absolutely no regard for propriety...  :lol:

Reina's so out of place right now, and she even doesn't seem all that perturbed by it. xD A really enjoyable moment to imagine, this was  :yep:

Still, she really wished Eri would pop up from nowhere and hug her and make some stupid random comment before telling her it was all a big joke. She wouldn’t be surprised if Yoshi was capable of something like this…

This really is a possibility in Reina's head?  :lol:

Are you serious?

LOL. How much money would Yoshi have to donate to hire this large a cast, along with all the props and costumes..  XD I can somehow imagine Eri popping up like that though. Just 'coz she's Eri.  :P

Shimizu darted that glare at her again. “As for you…” But before she continued, she looked over her shoulder at Takahashi, who was calmly sipping her tea as she sat, appearing oblivious of the whole thing. “I will be watching you,” the girl finally hissed into her ear, before taking a forceful step toward the table.

Whoa, if I'm remembering properly, this is the first time that Saki has run into Reina, isn't it? A bit of a fiery, hostile start to their acquaintance  :nervous
I'm wondering exactly what it is about Reina that's made Saki this unpleasant. Ai-chan and Maimi seem pretty cool and collected... so maybe it's just her natural temperament? She feels threatened by Reina's foreign presence?

I'm all for conflict though, so I'm liking Saki  :twothumbs

“Are you really Japanese?” Yajima asked finally, leaning forward questioningly.

“She is nothing more than a peasant woman,” one of the men said, seeming to pretend she didn’t exist even while talking about her. “I cannot imagine why she should be allowed to this table.”

“Tea?” Takahashi offered, nodding over to her.

The way she so offhandedly disregarded the prying mood of the others...  :drool:

I have a feeling I'm really going to like this Ai-chan.  :inlove:

“Most warriors regard them with disdain, but I oft times find them useful. They are especially good for cutting out a tongue that wags too much.”

:OMG:

Talk about subtle...  :lol:
I'd be shaking in my boots if I were Reina... but of course, she's more of the 'you-want-to-fight-about-it?!' type.  XD

“And you are used to people like me?” Reina asked sharply across the table. Shimizu’s filing seemed to become louder.

“I… try to keep an open mind,” Takahashi replied, taking another sip of tea and somehow appearing like a pillar of calm in the midst of the storm in the room surrounding her.

Ooooo... I wonder if we should be reading into this a bit more. I had a moment's feeling that perhaps Ai-chan isn't exactly what/who she seems... well yeah, she's not a man, but does that also mean that she shouldn't be sitting there as a Lord? And the fact that she's on some supposed mission too. Can't let these little details slip the mind. I'm very curious as to what Ai-chan's up to!

Has she come across somebody like Reina before? It's possible... the way she hesitated a little in her response to Reina's question. At least, I took that as hesitation!

*Saki gets her butt kicked*

:kickass:

Whoa, Reina! What kind of pussy fighters must these royals be... Reina could've won with both hands tied behind her back!

Her dirty street fighting must be too unconventional for them counter, I guess. But yeah, knowing how KICK-ASS Reina is -  :brucelee:
YOU GO GIRL!  8)
Reina's moment to show her 'class' to the rest, that she's not just some weird peasant woman. I wonder how many more challengers Reina will take down in the near future...  :w00t:

Takahashi sighed. “Ah, the brashness and boldness of youth,” she said, setting her tea down gently. “It is wise to be wary of what one does not fathom,” she continued in a rush of words before suddenly breaking out into soft giggles. Reina wondered how she could possibly fool anyone into thinking she isn’t a girl…

The others glanced awkwardly around before going back to their seats, but Reina blinked at the girl Lord in front of her whose ass she just kicked. “Um…” she said, “Not that I mind, but you’re not gonna do anything after I just knocked your Lord of this castle unconscious?”

Again, Ai-chan's amusedly detached demeanour is very, very attractive. I'd love to find out what it's going to take to get her all riled up (an infuriating Reina, perhaps, after spending some time being Ai's consort xD).
I also have to wonder how she can fool anybody into thinking she's a man. NO WAY.  :? Her features are much too soft and that voice...
Has she created some kind of Takahashi force that commands blind obedience and rules the kingdom through fear? xD

The image of Saki left alone lying sprawled out on the floor unconscious while everybody resumes business of tea and the like.. soooo funny!  :rofl:
I wasn't quite suspecting that it had to do with issues of honour and all that...  :lol:
I was just thinking that since the most powerful Lord in the room was paying Saki no mind, everybody else just followed suit..  :nervous

“You said you found strange things in my clothes. Do you, um, happen to have them still?”

Takahashi studied her a moment before conceding, “I apologize. That must come later. I also apologize if you feel lost. I cannot say I understand where you come from, but I am beginning to realize we are as strange to you as you are to us.”

I have to wonder at this - are they studying Reina's items, which they will then one day be able to develop and such... and so thanks to Reina's appearance back in time, she was able to change the future too. LOL. It doesn't quite make sense if you view it on a purely logical basis... but... just a thought. It's something that often happens in time travel stories. ^____________^

Let's see if her phone and other items will be playing some significant role...  :)

“I apologize for my affront, my Lady,” she said humbly. It was a complete three-sixty from her earlier attitude. “I cannot begin to achieve penance, but my life is yours.” And cradling it carefully with both hands, she proffered to Reina the dagger she had made a show with earlier. “Please accept this worthless item as a token of my sincerity.”

Whoa! Reina should just go around beating people's asses, that would surely guarantee her a Tanaka army that she so desires!  :lol:
I know I would be tempted to xD

Upon making eye contact again, Reina realized how much she missed that gaze, and also how she’d been struck speechless since she first saw it here. What the hell? she asked herself. I’m not just some star struck girl… Still, even now she couldn’t look away.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

The beginnings of ReinAi...  :heart:
Certainly won't help Reina still her heart when she's gotta work under Ai as a consort  :twisted:
But who can blame the yankii, Ai-chan's blend of hella good-looks and subtle charm = killer  :bow:

"....I bequeath you the title of Lady Consort, and so shall henceforth be known as Fukuoka no Tanaka no Reina.”

As we all thought...

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

:shakeit:

When Reina saw the smile forming on Takahashi’s face as well, she almost felt as if she might faint again. For once, as a fraction of the enormity of what had seemed to be occurring today washed over her, she found herself completely without a good, sharp, witty, and suitably yankii comeback.

XD

Finally, a fitting reaction. Lol.

OK, so this chapter was great and I'm glad you didn't take any longer to get Reina her own title and sexy Lord (we all saw it coming for her! xD).

With Reina's 'uniqueness' and all, everybody's going to be drawn to her and eager to learn many things. I'm sure she's going to run into a few cynics though, but I have this image of Reina being somebody similar to Yoko Nakajima (from the anime The Twelve Kingdoms). Though Reina is loved and has it a lot easier already xD

But perhaps she's going to find her place in this new world and begin to fall in love with it and the people around her? Then she won't want to go back to her own reality... you get the drill, it's been done many times before.  :lol:

I'm just expressing all the thoughts going through my head right now. Making predictions is a sign of a good reader  XD

I'm excited to see where you'll be heading with this, rokun. I'm sure as you've said before, this is going to be something of an epic.  :grin:

Thank you for this chapter. I really enjoyed reading it, and am looking forward to the next instalment!!!

PLEASE UPDATE SOON!  :heart:

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
Hmm..... :hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe: I know i said I'm kind of fed up reading MM fic  :sweat: but this is way too interesting just to pass up or ignore! :on ksweat: :on ksweat: :on ksweat:

Tanakacchi's yankii-ness is really tugging on me!  :on cigar: :on cigar: :on cigar:

and I like Momochi's character here :on lol:.....kinda imagining her look like their play "Edo Kara Chakushin"-Time slip to Kengai... :bingo: :bingo: :bingo:

Er....Miya's a consort? :shock: and capable of healing Shimuzu-sama over night? :grr: :grr: :grr: Yadda! :tantrum: oh well..... :bigdeal: :bigdeal: :bigdeal:

I'm looking forward to Reina's antics  :kekeke:, how will she amaze the people from the past with her knowledge of the future.... :on hypto: :on hypto: :on hypto:

You're really O-some, author-san! :on GJ: update soon! :kneelbow:
--

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »
I read this, finally! And I cannot begin to express the epicness of this story XD. It's seriously awesome what you are doing here, you know that?

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow::cow: :cow: :cow: :cow::cow: :cow: :cow: :cow::cow: :cow: :cow::cow: :cow: :cow:

I read a lot of time ago A Connecticut Yankee, but I really didn't grasp the reference here until I started reading. For some reason when I read the title I thought of lawyers and such  XD , so I wasn't expecting this kind of story at all. I love it, so much win, really. I regret the fact I don't know much about this time period, even if I'm interested in it. Now you really made me want go to wiki and drown myself in information about it. I'll definitely do it later  :heart:

I loved Kame short appearance. Too bad she is now at a distance of too many years from Reina XD I wanted her to appear more, but anyway. I really really loved my Eririn here :heart: And Reina. Oh my God, Reina. Since the beggining, until this very last chapter she has been so yankee, and cool, and awesome, and tsundere and omg I love everything about her in this fic :heart: Everything! :heart:

I spy ReinAi  :heart: And I like and approve it ~ I like Ai a lot here. And I am looking forward those "long, pleasant conversations" too between those two. And you threw out there Berryz, and Maimi! I not her #1 fan but I like those girls a lot. And MiyaSaki here was gold. I have been interested in that pairing lately, even if my main focus remain in MM.

But in general, all the characterisation was awesome. And the dialogues, I love how you can make conversations with a lot of humor and funny remarks without it sounding unnatural or forced in the slightest :wub: And the fighting scene rocks. Reina being even more awesome. I hope she learn to use that dagger and kick some butts with it later.

I didn't make the usual comment with quotes because I would quote 3 chapters and this post would be endless  XD Next time, more! And I know I abused the use of awesome here, but but... It's awesome. Really Awesome. Seriously Awesome. Awesomesauce :heart:

Now go and search for your muse, your inspiration, whatever it motives you to write  XD This is one fic I wouldn't like to be on hold forever. Especially now, with Reina being "Lady Consort".  Anyway XD I'll be sure to be here next time you update, and fangirl a lot. Thanks for sharing this story, rokun  :luvluv2:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
oh, this was an awesome read. I've always loved period pieces.

Takahashi sighed. “Ah, the brashness and boldness of youth,” she said, setting her tea down gently. “It is wise to be wary of what one does not fathom,” she continued in a rush of words before suddenly breaking out into soft giggles. Reina wondered how she could possibly fool anyone into thinking she isn’t a girl…

I know, right? It's always the same in period drama on TV- no one would realize until the big reveal, usually disappointing, as it is always because of some guy she liked. no fear of that happening with Takahashi-dono.

i'm looking forward to the next chapter already.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 03:08:26 PM »
I LOVE THIS FIC!!!
sorry for noticing it late, i wouldn't have, not until i realized it is rokun's work
from the last fics of yours i've read, this is something new and refreshing
still kept that 'interesting' feeling while reading, and the excitement for the next chapter.

i'm not fond of quoting, but this caught my eye.
Besides, Natsuyaki-san is proficient at overnight healing.”
ok. am i thinking right...?
it amuses me, with such great use of royal/old way of speaking. it kinda lessens the malicious approach.
ahh~! i also remembered this
“hovering, humming
mosquitoes watch hungrily
as we make love.”
i thought it to be funny. nothing out-of-ordinary
momo's character is interesting. i'm a big momo fan, so i'm so grateful that you give her notable roles in your fics.
i had this image as i imagine her character.

looking forward for more. love lots rokun's fics. :twothumbs

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
So now I'm actually making progress on this... I thought I'd do comment replies since I wanted to properly thank you all and prevent myself from doing it perhaps late at night some time when I just want to get the next chapter posted. :lol: I'm really getting into the research for this story, but unfortunately most of the meat is further down the road. Hopefully inspiration will carry me on to get there though. I actually bought a book that I'm kinda waiting for and I'm sure will help me out as the story goes on... so tanoshimi! :lol: Anyway, onto the important stuff!!

kawaii biimu: This fic is gonna mostly end up with standard pairings I think. :lol: Though with a few twists... Reina will begin to realize the full effect of her new post right away~

kuro: Some things may not be completely contemporary, but Reina will have an influence on things as well. :) Although I think from now on it'll begin to get even more authentic... Also, if there's anything to do with Saki, there's a lot going on with her so you'll just have to keep an eye on it. :lol:

Windy: If you like that little nick, I shall have to call you by it from now on. :lol: At least socially. ;) Reina's gonna have a time with those clothes she brought with her. XD She may be unexpectedly bailed out though in one respect... There will be more than "implications" of MiyaSaki before too long ;) Among other things. I'm curious what people are gonna think when more of Saki's character and history is revealed. ;) But why scary Maimi? Just that cool, calm arrogance? XD There's a reason behind that too... part of which has been hinted at so far if you know a bit of history. ;) Don't worry though, eventually everything will be made much clearer.

rndy dmn: She'll start to learn to fit in, but not all from Aichan. Aichan is very busy after all, and you'll learn why before long. ;)

aussie: I don't know if Reina's life will be "easier" necessarily. "Different", and "more complicated", definitely. :lol:

Kuji: Lol you and your Saki bias. :lol: Nice and extreme too... As for the Disney based knowledge, XD... That story is generally just a very basic frame for this one, so it probably works as well as anything lol. I've seen the Disney movie too! XD Everyone's liking Momo... I'll have to make sure to pay enough attention to her in the future. Yes, these "old-fashioned folk" are more serious about things that we might not be in our protected modern world. :lol: *pats your Chinese self* You might have to wait a bit for potential Nakki sighting. :P

oddball: Saki didn't like Reina from the moment she laid eyes on her for some reason. :lol: I have a feeling though... perhaps she isn't too far off in thinking Reina's dangerous? All of you skeptical of Maimi. :lol: I find it amusing how you get that from what's happened so far.

kameririn: Hey there! Welcome to the fic, and nice to see you around. :) I hope after these few months you're still around somewhere... A Connecticut Yankee has been made into movies, but it's originally a novel by Mark Twain. I hope you do learn more from this fic! :D

badsaints: Wow, hey there! Don't see you lurking around my fics much. :) You're very welcome. Don't think too hard about how Reina got there. :lol: There's a bit of suspension of disbelief element here. ;) Glad to see your interpretation of Saki and Maimi, and as for Maimi's company... you'll have to wait and see! :lol:

Bee: I hope tests are going well? How'd you enjoy those other stories? >.> I know it's been a while now... and I didn't know Eri was your second favorite. I'll have to keep that in mind. :)

Thanks so much for your compliment! :oops: That's exactly what I try to do with my writing, so I'm glad it comes across. Haha gaydar. XD It's probably best to assume around here lol, but at least here, it's more of a situational thing... since certain characters don't really have much choice. Oh, and the kinda not-very-moralistic society going on around here helps. XD

I'm happy you like little details like that too. :) :heart: And don't be too hard on Reina - it's her last gasp trying to hold onto sanity. :lol: Saki met her once at the very beginning :) and there's no shortage of conflict in the Heian court... (though generally not physical >.>)

Everyone's getting suspicious of Aichan too... What? You think not everything in my stories is what it seems to be? :lol: :ph43r: More will be revealed as time goes on... Not much has happened yet still, really. I mean, we're not even to the imperial palace. :lol: Also I dunno about Reina's items, but she may possibly have an effect on the future. :lol: Again, there's an awful lot more to this story than has been revealed so far...

At the moment, Reina has no choice but to deal with this reality, so she's doing what she can. :)

ayase: Hey there! :D My cutest commenter! ^___^ Glad you're reading since I'm not sure if this is necessarily really up your alley. :lol: i'll have to throw some MiRii your way a little though at least. ;) Thanks again!

Ropy-chan: Yay for de-lurking! :D I hope you think it continues to be awesome!  :mon thumb: Yeah, not so much lawyers in this story, but perhaps some Confucian code. :lol:  I hope to see your "quoting" comment next time! :D :heart: And nothing can be too awesome!!! :lol: Hopefully the inspiration has hit :) ...at least for now. :P

dracula: <-- Gotta call you that after talking to Estrea... :P Hopefully this won't disappoint you. ^^;

aya-chii: wow! T_T Somehow I missed your comment until today! Thanks for chiming in though!!!! Thanks very much!!! :heart: I wonder what fics you've read that this is refreshing. :lol: You probably are thinking right :P Like I said, definitely gonna have to not skimp on the Momo!!

Okay, no, chapter won't be coming up momentarily here, but like I said I'm working on it at least, and especially once I receive that book, hopefully the inspiration will hold. :)
Although, people have suddenly started bugging me more about Sword and the Dove too :P

And... wow, that's a lot of smileys, lol.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Fukuoka Yankii in Fujiwara's Court: Chapter 3 on 12/8
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
All right, here we go! A little sooner than I expected even. :) Some explanation starts in this chapter, but I hope you still enjoy. :heart:

Chapter 3: Castle Shimizu, Reina's Quarters

“Fukuoka no Tanaka no Reina…” she muttered to herself as she stared down at the mat lying on the floor which seemed to be her bed. The coverings actually seemed to be of very fine raw silk, with a fluffy-looking pillow that surprised her. Upon showing her to her room, which was nearly adjacent to Takahashi’s, Sazuko explained to her that any Lady of decent standing would have a pillow like that. For the men though, it was a different story… even those posing as such.

After getting her settled the maid Sazuko had left, only to be replaced soon after by Risako-chan. The younger girl just stood meekly by the door with her eyes downcast, looking for all the world like Reina didn’t even exist in the same room with her. When Reina asked her what she was doing, she only said quietly and with extreme politeness that she was to attend her in case there was anything she needed during the night.

“Does that mean you’ll be sleeping in here too?” Reina asked, perplexed, glancing around the decent-sized room with wooden walls reinforced at the corners by thin stone runners. “’Cause there’s only the one bed…”

“Pardon my Lady, but Risako will not sleep. She will stand and keep watch until my Lady wakes in case my Lady would have need of anything during the night.”

Despite the overuse of formality she seemed to be getting used to the girl’s ever-present vigil, but it still creeped her out a bit to just have someone… constantly standing there motionless. At least there was a screen she could pull out to change behind, although she knew her silhouette would still be visible. That is, if the girl ever looked up from the floor.

Sighing over at the small pile of clothes which included her dirty underwear, the dagger from Shimizu lying on top, she felt very exposed beneath just the light silken kosode robe. There was no way she would be able to wash them every day – they certainly wouldn’t have washing machines here – so she was going to have to figure out something to do about that. That, or just live with it.

Tucking the silk between her legs again though, she wondered if she could ever get comfortable with feeling so… exposed! Of course the Ladies around here didn’t seem to jump around and fight like she was used to doing, so perhaps it worked out for them. Perhaps she could find out what Takahashi and the other two wore beneath their kimonos… If they were really trying to be men, they’d surely have some kind of fundoshi loincloth at least. Maybe it wouldn’t be necessary to wear men’s undergarments in addition to the outer clothes, but given the opportunity, she couldn’t see why they wouldn’t!

As if the thought was a summons, she heard the door being pushed gently open by Sazuko, followed by a confidently striding Yajima now out of most of her formal attire and sporting just a men’s kosode and light purple hakama of her own below hair done up now in a straight ponytail. Reflexively pulling her own robe tighter around her, Reina thought about how busy Sazuko seemed. She had helped her settle in earlier, and otherwise seemed to also attend both Takahashi and Yajima.

A thought struck her. “Is Sazuko one of your consorts, Yajima-san?” she asked the girl Lord as she seemed to scrutinize Reina’s room.

Immediately after she spoke, she saw Sazuko freeze in the process of closing the door, and Yajima’s eyes flashed to her. “I cannot say that she is,” the girl responded in obviously forced, and surprised, politeness. “She belongs to the household of Takahashi-sama, but is given as my attendant until I reunite with my own, most of whom are currently residing in Heian-kyo.” Looking into her eyes, Reina thought the girl might be offended, but her face quickly fell into a warm smile.

She glanced over at Sazuko again, who had managed to get the door closed but now seemed to be watching the floor even more studiously as she shuffled to stand beside Risako-chan. Sazuko was certainly not as young as Risako, but didn’t appear to be too much older than Yajima or herself. She wished she’d paid more attention to history courses before she dropped out of high school, so maybe she’d have some idea of the connections people had here.

“Sazuko,” Yajima said in a softer and more pleasant voice. The woman bowed slightly as she stood. “I still do not see proper kimonos and hakama for Tanaka-sama here.”

“I am so sorry,” Sazuko replied, bowing lower. “It was difficult to obtain appropriate clothing at such short notice with current availability in the Castle. Natsuyaki-san has some of her ladies on a search, and plans to have them brought when she visits later this eve.”

“Will you go to assist her in that endeavour?” Yajima requested. “Risako-chan should be sufficient for anything we may need.” Sazuko bowed low with a flush in her cheeks before scurrying out the door.

“I’m sorry,” Reina said, frustrated at trying to understand what was going on around her. If it was going to be like this all the time, she didn’t know how much longer she’d be able to hold out. “I didn’t mean to offend you.”

“Offend me?” Yajima asked, blinking in obvious surprise. “You have done nothing of the sort.” She glanced around the room again, somewhat distastefully this time. “Tell me… Does the arrangement in here please you? Would you like a larger screen?” She then walked over and ran a hand up and down its edge, as if admiring the floral artwork knitted across the panels.

Reina frowned in confusion at the question, and now that Yajima was looking the other way, also caught Risako take what looked like a rather surprised glance of her own up at the Lord. “Um… I think it’s all right.” She was small after all, and didn’t take up that much space to change.

Yajima turned to smile kindly back at her. “You know I regard Takahashi-sama as sister and dear friend, do you not?”

Reina hesitated a second before responding. “I heard you mention that earlier when we were with her. Why?”

“It is a bond that drives how we act in relation toward all, as well as each other,” the handsome female Lord replied cryptically. “Or at least, how we must appear to act.” Then she strode up to stand just before Reina and peer curiously down into her face. Reina pulled her robe tighter again as she tried not to blush at the girl’s proximity. “I asked you before if you were truly Japanese, but now I am certain you are.”

“Of course I am,” Reina grumbled somewhat indignantly.

Yajima’s face never wavered from that impassive smile. “The most striking chrysanthemums may never grace the throne.”

Reina stared back into the smooth face above her. Flowers? Was she supposed to go looking for some to take to Kyoto?

Then the Lord took a step back, though Reina glanced down to find one of her hands held in the other’s, her fingers being pressed around something. When she glanced back up into Yajima’s face, the smile was gone.

“Be wary of Shimizu-san,” the Lord warned carefully, before striding to the door.

Risako-chan jumped to open it as if she’d been expecting the movement at any moment, and bowed her out. When she closed the door, she openly stared at Reina.

“What?” Reina asked. “Are you going to talk now? I’d be grateful if you did so I could maybe figure out what the hell is going on around here…”

“What did Yajima-sama give to my Lady?” the girl asked in an obviously curious voice. Reina blinked and stared down at her closed hand again before opening her fingers to find a small, rolled bit of parchment. Risako’s eyes became as big as saucers. “A letter!” she exclaimed, and rushed over to Reina’s side.

Reina, half-surprised at the sudden lack of modesty from the young attendant, kept staring a moment before picking at the roll to try and figure out how it opened. Distracted by the girl next to her who Reina, if she hadn’t known better, would have thought was bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement, it took her a little longer than it should have to break the seal and unroll it. Not that she was used to breaking court seals on letters to begin with.

She stared down at the solid lines of Chinese characters until their meanings finally started to sink in. As she started to connect them into meaningful phrases, her own eyes widened and she definitely felt a blush filling her face more strongly as she read on.

“WHAT THE HELL!?” she suddenly burst out, and Risako-chan jumped in shock at the reaction.

“…Pardon me, my Lady?” she asked timidly, and not just a bit fearfully.

Reina squinted harder, now frowning down at the thick paper. “What. The. Hell. Does. This. Mean?” she growled between gritted teeth.

Risako-chan glanced over her shoulder and scanned slowly. “It describes the lone chrysanthemum…” she commented thoughtfully. “That refers to my Lady, of course, after the Lord’s clever—”

“I can read it well enough for that!!” Reina burst out again, and this time the girl jumped half a meter back, clutching her chest. Reina just waggled the paper at her. “Why the hell would she write something like this?”

“The Lord wrote it to my Lady,” Risako replied, scrutinizing her warily as she caught her breath. “Is… is my Lady displeased?” Her eyes donned that fearful look again.

Reina took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down, and looked at the letter again. “No,” she replied finally. “I’m not—” she shot a look at the girl. “I’m not displeased.” Glancing back to the letter, she grumbled to herself. “So what was all that about sisters and stuff?”

The door opened again, and maids bowed and came shuffling in with armloads of fabrics, generally colored a dark purple or a dark red. At the end came Natsuyaki, her head bowed but her eyes carefully observing those before her.

“Thank kami-sama,” Reina breathed, and dropped the letter to meet the newcomer. Before she took a step, she heard Risako-chan squeak and drop to her knees hurriedly to catch the letter before it hit the floor.

“Risako-chan,” Natsuyaki snapped briskly. “What are you doing? You have been acting very unseemly today.”

Instead of being modest as usual though, Risako-chan scurried straight over to her Lady past the other maids who were finding places for all the silks they’d just brought in, and leaned up to whisper excitedly into her ear. Natsuyaki listened carefully, her eyes drifting to the parchment in the girl’s hand, and at the end she took it gently from the girl.

“Thank you,” she said politely, and turned her attention to Reina, who had stopped at the young girl’s movement. “Is my Lady displeased?” she asked in imitation of her assistant.

“Why does everyone keep asking me that!?” Reina lamented. “And by the way, what’s with this “My Lady” stuff from you too? I thought you didn’t even think I was one.”

“So sorry, but circumstances have changed, my Lady,” Natsuyaki replied with a short bow. “Now that you have been named Takahashi-sama’s consort, you outrank the rest of us lowly Ladies by far. Momo-chan and I do not even have a court rank yet since we are still young.”

“Court rank?” Reina asked. She knew she’d learned something about this from the history books, and again mentally slapped herself for not paying attention. But at that time it was just history. What did it really matter what a bunch of dead people did hundreds of years ago? That is, until now.

Natsuyaki peered thoughtfully at her, and Risako-chan just looked dumbfounded, but as the maids seemed to finish their work and begin to depart, she walked over to take her arm and guide her over to the chairs behind the screen. Reina just realized another had apparently been added as well by one of those maids. They each took a seat, Reina stuffing the silk down between her legs again but Natsuyaki seeming to have no problem with her own.

“Takahashi-sama, to her great fortune, has been awarded the lower senior fourth rank by His Highness,” the girl began. “Any consort of hers, with rare exceptions, would also have such a rank bestowed upon her by the next cycle. Yajima-san has similarly been awarded the lower senior fifth rank, while Shimizu-san, due generally to her weaker heritage, is the lower junior fifth rank. Please understand that this is still quite an honor for one such as her, since until recent times Shimizu-san’s clan has had no history in the aristocracy.

“Yajima-san and Shimizu-san both are also subordinates to Takahashi-sama in the Palace Guards and Ministry of War, which Takahashi-sama leads as Minister. The titles are largely ceremonial however… except when she carries out a campaign as His Highness’s Seii Taishogun, such as the northerly one we currently return from.”

Reina stayed silent a moment to try and sort all this new information out in her mind. Hearing the girl’s description did jog her memory a bit at least. It had to do with an ancient Chinese ruling system of some kind which Japan adopted around this Heian era. Either way, it was well over her head.

“So where does that leave you?” she finally asked. “And Momo-chan, I suppose.”

Natsuyaki smiled at her words. “As I said, we are still too young to receive court rank. I am fortunate to be born into a prestigious clan, so it’s expected I shall receive senior fifth rank lower, similar to Yajima-san, which is what she was bequeathed.”

“So you’ll be ranked higher than Shimizu-san?” Reina asked.

“Yes…” the girl replied. “Please understand that ranks are normally granted on an individual basis, except in cases at the top level such as the Grand Council.”

“Grand Council?” Reina asked, trying still to keep everything straight since she had a feeling it would be important to remember for the future.

Natsuyaki nodded. “The Grand Council proudly governs all of Japan. It is led by the Prime Minister, or when he is absent, as has been the case for the past decade, by the Ministers of the Left and of the Right. We are fortunate to have two Lords newly assigned to those posts, as they had also been vacant for a period of time. The heads of each Ministry, such as the Ministry of War, are supervised by them.”

It was beginning to come back to Reina now, especially since she realized it wasn’t all that different from she was used to back home. Home? This was her home now…

“Is something wrong?” the girl asked, concerned. “You suddenly seem saddened by something.”

Reina shook her head. “No. It’s okay. I was just remembering… It’s not important.”

“Please speak your mind,” Natsuyaki requested, leaning forward curiously. “Takahashi-sama is very interested to learn all about you, and for the time being at least, I hope you feel free to talk to me as well.”

Reina stared back into that smiling, honest face, and finally sighed. “Actually what I’m most concerned with… um… Do you guys really not have panties around here?”

“Panties?” the girl asked, perplexed, sitting back again, and Reina tried not to blush.

“Underwear,” she stated, and pushed down the silk again. “Something to cover you up.”

She was still greeted with a confused face. “Underwear? Is not a kosode covering enough?”

Reina grunted, knowing she wasn’t getting through, and strode over to her pile of clothes. Putting the knife aside, she dug out her panties and showed them to the girl.

Rising herself, Natsuyaki swayed over to her to peer at the article. Reina felt the blush rising a bit higher. “Ah! This is like fundoshi,” she stated. Reina nodded. “Why would women have need of fundoshi? It is much more easily accessible this way.”

“Accessible…?” Reina asked, then truly did blush when the girl continued just staring into her eyes. “Ah…” Once again, she was at a loss for words.

“Speaking of such,” Natsuyaki said, lifting a finger to her chin as if pondering. “I hear Yajima-san was present shortly before I arrived.” Her gaze returned to Reina’s, and it seemed like she was looking for some sort of response from her.

“Yes…” Reina replied, still trying to get the culmination of their last subject out of her head. In her gang they were pretty free in talking about things, but this… and in this setting…! It was like she was in a Disney fairytale, but one that at times turns incongruously perverted. “Only for a few minutes. She asked if everything was okay with the room, then said some odd things and left.”

The girl’s eyes drifted to the letter she still held in her hand. “And was everything to your fancy?” she asked, now definitely fishing for something, though Reina had no clue what.

“Well… I suppose except for my clothes…”

Natsuyaki glided slowly over to her pile and stared at the dagger for a moment. “By now you know of Momo-chan and myself, Shimizu-san’s consorts. If she lasts, I expect Shimizu-san and I will marry one day also. It would be advantageous for her, and I would be pleased. For now, I serve how I am able.” She turned again to Reina, her face serious. “Yajima-san has only one young maid, and it is unlikely they will be married. She has shown no general interest yet, and so…”

She stepped toward Reina again. “I do not know where you come from, be it the West or somewhere I may only dream of, but do you realize the difficult burden the three Lords bear? As aristocrats of high standing they are expected to marry and have families, but are incapable of achieving that naturally.”

“Yes,” Reina nodded, swallowing. “I understand that. Honestly I was a bit confused at how like you and Momo-chan could be Shimizu-san’s consorts. Especially with what you said about…”

The girl across from her held her eyes strongly, and Reina thought this Lady at least would be worthy of whatever rank the Emperor granted her. “It was of necessity that they took consorts to begin with, even if they have not yet married. For appearances, you see. However, over time…” She glanced at the knife again, and reached out a finger as if to touch it, but something held her back.

“It is not very unusual for court ladies to develop romantic or sexual feelings toward each other, even though such trysts must be kept secret.” She turned back to Reina with a grin. “Then again, that is true for all such affairs that do not involve one’s husband, ne?”

Reina chose not to answer, and just continued staring blankly.

“In unique situations such as Shimizu-san’s, or Yajima-san’s, or Takahashi-sama’s, such feelings must develop all the more. Or so I believe.” Her grin faded and her eyes grew in intensity once again. “I love Shimizu-san, and would do anything for her. I desire her, and have the good fortune that she also desires me. I cannot speak for all consorts, but that is how I feel. As the woman she is, or even if she were a man, I would love her the same.”

Despite the intriguing revelation, Reina felt herself don a soft smile. “That’s very sweet,” she complimented the girl. “You’re lucky to have each other.”

The other swallowed as if choking back unshed tears, and turned away to collect herself. Somehow, Reina now felt more certain than ever that she and this girl could be close friends, and she laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. Such a friend was something she knew she needed if she was to survive here, and she didn’t know who else it could be. There was no way she could relate to Momo-chan. Takahashi and Yajima were… different toward her. And Shimizu…

“Be wary of her,” Yajima had told her just before she left. What did the girl mean? The Lord of this castle had seemed to hate her, but then it just completely seemed to disappear. Was that all a front?

“Lilies drift along
In the marsh as the wind chills
Alone, beautiful.”

“Your poetry is also beautiful,” Reina complimented, and the girl turned back to her. She glanced at the hand on her shoulder, and raised a finger of her own nearly to Reina’s lips.

“You are an unusual person, Tanaka Reina from Fukuoka,” she replied, and then seemed to catch a breath and glanced down to the bit of cloth still held in Reina’s other hand. “As for those, we can have our seamstresses study them to see if they can be replicated, but in the meantime the maids will wash them along with your other… clothing… during the nights. I assume you would not need them for sleep?”

Reina grinned. “I think I can survive,” she said, and the other smiled.

“Risako-chan!” Miyabi called, and the girl stood attentive. “Please find a maid in the hall who can take care of Tanaka-san’s clothes. They must be ready for her by morning!”

“Yes, my Lady,” Risako-chan responded, and hurried over to pick up the clothes. She eyed the knife warily as Reina handed her the last garment before darted out the door.

“You are a High Lady of rank now,” Miyabi told her, more formally. “There is nothing that cannot be arranged to your liking.”

“If that’s the case…” Reina said slowly, appearing to ponder, “Then I’d like for you to call me Reina.”

“The Lady Reina, then,” the girl replied, smiling again.

Reina made a show of sighing. “Well, I suppose that’s good enough…”

She made for the chairs so they could chat a bit longer, but the other made no move to follow. “I apologize, Reina,” she said sorrowfully, “But I must return to Shimizu-san tonight.”

“Oh,” Reina said, feeling a little disappointed. She had hoped the girl could stay with her longer and maybe begin teaching her how to be a Lady. She almost laughed out loud at the thought, but yawned instead. It had been another long day…

“I do have one last question though,” she said tentatively.

“Yes?”

“The letter. Her words…” Reina began, a bit anxiously. “Was Yajima-san coming onto me?”

Miyabi smiled. “It appears that way. And it is happy for us to see her showing an interest.”

“I see…” Reina replied, chewing her lip in worry. “But, I’m, er… Takahashi-san’s consort, aren’t I?”

“You are not married,” the girl replied as if it were obvious. “And even if you were…” She shrugged. It seemed once again also that she was looking for something from Reina.

“Thank you,” Reina replied. “Miyabi,” she added after a second.

“Sleep well, Reina,” the girl replied kindly. Risako-chan slipped back in as she spoke, her arms now empty.

“Thank you also for being a friend to me.”

The other only continued to smile as she whisked out the room.

“Shall I snuff the lamp, my Lady?” Risako-chan asked.

Reina nodded, yawning again, and looked to the bed. For all she was over a thousand years into the past, it didn’t look all that different from her own futon. “You get some sleep too,” she told the girl, and tossed some of the extra bedding that’d been brought over toward her.

“I am sorry, but then I could not assist in case—”

“I’ll wake you up,” Reina replied, lowering herself into her own sheets. She didn’t say it, but if she needed anything she’d just help herself. She was really not used to so much silk…

“Um…” the girl responded, seemingly at a loss now for an appropriate denial. She glanced a bit nervously at the door, but then glanced at Reina who continued unconcernedly tucking herself in. “Thank you.”

Shortly after, the room was still but for the even breathing of the sleeping girls.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: A Fukuoka Yankii in Fujiwara's Court: Chapter 3 on 12/8 (omatase!)
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2010, 11:20:48 PM »
The underwear part was quite interesting, especially for them, its foreign (I had that thought when I remembered about this era) Oh well I guess Reina seems more understanding of the time rather than fighting them conceptually.  Anyways, I wonder if religion becomes a factor in your story, I might as well wait but if not, no problem  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »
yay~ new chapter~ X3 nice to see sweet miya reina bonding~ X3 and maimi hitting on reina? i had to lol at it for some reason lol cant wait to read more~
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »
Wow, that was pretty quick. XD Glad to see you got your inspiration back. Reina seems to be slowly settling in and at the same time still fighting. I guess it wouldn't be Reina if she didn't push back, though. I'm interested to see where this is going still and what changes(and upsets) she'll make in this time.

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »
  “Ah! This is like fundoshi,” she stated. Reina nodded. “Why would women have need of fundoshi? It is much more easily accessible this way.”
:mon lmao:

interesting story you have here..  :D looking forward to reading more..   :on study: :hee:

MAJOR EDIT!! ^ my first comment sucked!! hahaha.. i didn't know better back then, i haven't read your fics prior to this and
i was such a noob (to the fandom - i still am a noob actually) that i didn't know more than half of your characters (i only know Momusu back then :nervous)..  :lol:
but now i know better.. i think..  XD thats why i reread it last night!! i loved it even MORE!! :panic:
though i gotta say i know nothing of the Japanese history nor the novel A Yankee Connecticut but that won't stop me from reading and appreciate your
work.. :P also Yajima hitting on Reina?! :bow:  :twothumbs  :yep:
i noticed that this fic of yours has more dialogues and that the exchange between the characters are more relaxed  :?  :huhuh..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:01:03 AM by mmsuki »

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
Hmm, quite a few intresting revelations in this chapter, Suddenly Reina seems to outrank alot of the other people in this story, to some like Miyabi and Momo this may not seem to be of much importance, as they will both eventually have rank and will get what they have been expecting for a while but to someone like Saki, how has had to earn her rank, it must make her angry for Reina to suddenly turn up and then find out that she will eventually outranker her!

So Maimi might have an intrest in Reina, this would make sense, even if romance is not involved Reina would be a good match for Maimi's future, Maimi is definatly an abitious girl and there is perhaps some rivalry between Saki and Maimi....

So Miya and Saki are in love (I assume Momo knows about this?) and this in itself is not surprisng, what is intresting is that Miya will one day outrank Saki, I wonder if that plays on Saki's mind at all, also Reina and Miyabi seems to be getting closer, not romantically but as friends, I just wonder if this may cause some misunderstanding in the future?...

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
this is really awesome...

fundoshi... but more accessible in that way. hahahah

if i'm not mistaken, sazuko is airi... right?
and maimi taking interest for reina. whahah. unexpected.
so, so, so.. miyabi and saki are in love. saki maybe having bad feelings towards reina after the defeat, and miyabi now gaining close ties with reina. then in the future, it might cause conflict.

wanna read the next chapter!!!

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »
I can't believe it! It's... it's... an update!  :w00t:  I saw it the other day but I couldn't read it. But now... NOW I CAN  :cow: I haven't much time though, so I have to be fast  XD

A lot is going on in this chapter ~  And it's still awesome  :cow:

Reina still doesn't seem to understand fully what her new position means. In a few hours she went from Stranger to Uber Powered Fukuoka Lady, so she will need some time to get used to it, I guess XD Aah, but clueless Reina is lovely. Always asking the wrong questions and stuff, and with her yankee self showing up here and there  :heart: I love it.

All the explanation about ranks and all that was neccesary, for both Reina and readers I think XD They are an important matter here, so is interesting to know how things work for them. I wonder if it bothers Saki that Miya will outrank her with time...

And the letter thing. Risako losing her manners and Reina being a yankee about it  XD So much fun, I loved it. So Maimi interested in Reina? Like, for real? :shocked Wow, I wonder what is going to happen with this. I have the feeling it will be something worth to read. I wonder if with all this "is like my sister" thing what she really wants to say is "sister share their things, so Takahashi won't mind sharing you with me"  XD Love when Reina is confused saying something like she's already Takahashi consort, and Miyabi is like "So what? Not a problem :roll: "

And who is Maimi's consort? About her, we only know she is young, right?  Hmm... I think I'm going to re-read again from the first chapter in case I forgot/slipped important information.  This is the kind of fic who make me want to do a lot of stupid speculation. That's a good sign  :heart:

“Why would women have need of fundoshi? It is much more easily accessible this way.”

“Accessible…?” Reina asked, then truly did blush when the girl continued just staring into her eyes. “Ah…” Once again, she was at a loss for words.
:rofl:

The whole situation with the clothes was a lot of fun, but this was the best part, really XD It's just like Reina described, a perverted Disney tale  :lol: Ah, this lovely time period will bring us a lot of hilarity thanks to Reina ~

And ReiMiya bonding  is wub, two yankees from different time periods being friends. Bring on the yankee power XD I hope Saki will not be a problem in this. I mean, if Captain doesn't like Reina too much, maybe she doesn't want Miya being with her like that. I like this friendship, don't screw  it  :cry:

“I love Shimizu-san, and would do anything for her. I desire her, and have the good fortune that she also desires me. I cannot speak for all consorts, but that is how I feel. As the woman she is, or even if she were a man, I would love her the same.”

MiyaSaki is so sweet  :cry: :heart: But for some reason I have a bad feeling about it. I hope is just a bad feeling. I trust you and your love for MiyaSaki rokun, so I won't worry about it.

I'm so so so so so so happy you updated  :heart: Thanks for this chapter, and for all your efforts writing this!  :bow:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »
Are their age differences changed for creative license's sake? Yajima's portrayal is incredibly sexy- her lineage and upbringing would most definitely bring about this serene aura of authority, despite being the younger. All this, and i probably can't even pick her out of a lineup of Berryz and C-ute.  :shocked Blasphemy.

You fill in their personalities and characters incredibly well. I actually read this twice, and then started from the beginning again to reread the entire story.

:thumbsup nice deshita. looking forward to more.

~

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline kameririn

• In love with Eririn and ReinAi
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2010, 03:10:31 AM »
WOAH!!!! This fic is becoming every time more interesting and...intriguing :w00t: I really like this chapter.

MMM... MAIMI IS COMING ONTO REINA! OMG!  :mon spit: That was very surprising! I thought  Takahashi-sama was the only interested in the beautiful Reina.

Well, I have to say that I love Maimi and more in your fic, she's so cool!  :inlove: and Miyabeam too!  :heart: She's so nice and loves Shimizu-sama so much  :mon lovelaff: That part was really sweet.

I can't wait for more!!!!  :panic: I'm going to die if I don't read the next chapter soon! And I'll be pleased if the handsome Takahashi-sama make an other lovely apparition :mon crazyinlove:

Thank you Rokun, thanks to you I'm learning a lot  :mon squee: I'm so happy!

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »
haha...the panty thing cracks me up, author-san!  :on spit: :on spit: :on spit:

and yajima? really, is s/he courting the yankii now?  :on cigar: :on cigar: :on cigar:

I'm also thinking when's Airi gonna show up  :bingo:

Did u base ur story in that old film? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: (forgot the tittle)

te-hee  :on ksweat: though MM fic is not the cup of tea im interested right now.... :hehehe: this story is really great, i really hope Tanaka-san would make a ruckus and pop some captain's vein!  :onionwhip: :onionwhip: :onionwhip: or Takahashi-dono  :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

update soon! :on GJ: :on GJ: :on GJ: and with your other fic  :on hypto: :on hypto: :on hypto:

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
because even with my so called Major-Edit.. my comment was still crap.. :nervous
also because this needs to bumped..  :P

Chapter 2:
She came to be thankful she didn’t easily sweat.
:lol: i don't think Reina even got sweat glands.. XD perhaps she perspires through her tongue?..  :lol:

Still, she really wished Eri would pop up from nowhere and hug her and make some stupid random comment before telling her it was all a big joke.
i wish this too.. that Eri would pop up that is..

She wouldn’t be surprised if Yoshi was capable of something like this…
muahahaha.. i don't think that, that Yoshi boy is smart enough to pull something like this.. :lol:

That hadn’t even made her break a sweat; not that it was easy to do so.
i love how you keep bringing up Reina's inability to sweat.. :on lol: i have never seen a picture or video where she is sweaty..  XD

"Besides, Natsuyaki-san is proficient at overnight healing.”
:lol: that is one way of putting it.. XD

Upon making eye contact again, Reina realized how much she missed that gaze, and also how she’d been struck speechless since she first saw it here. What the hell? she asked herself. I’m not just some star struck girl
oh but you are Reina, from the first moment you set eyes on her.. XD and her unyielding gaze doesn't help your situation either! no one is strong enough to resist it..  :P

Chapter 3
“It is a bond that drives how we act in relation toward all, as well as each other,” the handsome female Lord replied cryptically. “Or at least, how we must appear to act.”
is Maimi up to something aside from hitting on Reina.. :lol:

“Be wary of Shimizu-san,” the Lord warned carefully, before striding to the door.
seriously what is up with her?..  XD

“Ah! This is like fundoshi,” she stated. Reina nodded. “Why would women have need of fundoshi? It is much more easily accessible this way.”
no matter how many times i have reread this, this part gets me every time!! :rofl:

"Yajima-san has only one young maid, and it is unlikely they will be married. She has shown no general interest yet, and so…”
as i have only become a YajiSuzu shipper recently.. this only caught my attention now.. XD might it be Airi that young maid?.. :grin: although reading that she has not shown a general interest.. kills the YajiSuzu fanatic in me.. LOL.. good thing there is the word YET next to it.. :P so there is still hope!! :on lol:

i wanna know how Reina got in the alternate(?)/past(?) world.. though that might not be answered until the fic is nearing its end..  XD
'oh and will you be 'showing' us what is happening in the 'current' world of Reina??..  :?  :P2

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Giniro