JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Teppu Surudokunatte

Author Topic: A Man's World - chap 10 [AKB48 x Mendol] 3/11/2011  (Read 47067 times)

Offline Katura

A Man's World - chap 10 [AKB48 x Mendol] 3/11/2011
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
Alrighty, I decided to give this writing thing a shot because this idea has been bugging me for awhile. Basically kind of a Ranma 1/2 thing going on with the boys of Persona. I have a deep love of Japanese lore and i hope that eventually it will show in my writing. This fic is heavily AU though will follow the essential plot devices of the show. Anyway, aside from that I have nothing much to say except, enjoy my first Mendol fic? =)

Warning~ the first part of this chapter contains violence involving guns, blood and fairly vivid descriptions of those topics.  :hand:

A Man's World

Chp. 1

-----------------------------------------------

The schoolgirl hung her head slightly, readjusting her satchel over her shoulder as she walked through the automatic glass doors into TV Tohto’s parking garage.

“… How many is that now?” The girl sighed tiredly, opening her day planner and checking off yet another failed audition. “Forty nine applications, forty nine failures… The next will be the…” She scrunched her eyebrows together and pinched the bridge of her nose, shaking her head.  “Fiftieth.”

“Seriously?”

She felt a hand on shoulder and turned around to see a familiar, grinning face.

Kawachi Nami.

She recognized the short young woman from the audition, they had sat next to each other.  “You weren’t ‘that’ bad during the audition.” Nami proclaimed, patting Asahi on the back.

She frowned, slightly put off by how happy the woman seemed to be in the face of failure. Her failure.

“But this is great! Finally, someone even worse than I am!” She bit her lower lip and pumped her fists in the air slightly, as if thanking god for the reassurance. “And this is only my thirty-eighth time!”

“That’s nothing to boast about…” Asahi grumbled, a bit annoyed at the fact that the girl seemed so relieved by her misfortune that she looked like she might cry tears of joy.

“Hinata has over a hundred times!” Came a high-spirited voice from behind them.

“SERIOUSLY?!”

They both whirled around in concert, their mouths slack, but then immediately pointed at the Lolita in the blindingly pink dress; both screamed in surprise. “AHH!!  Denpa?!”

The girl cocked her head to the side in confusion.

Nami shook her head and looked at the girl in slight exhasperation. “You release electro-magnetic waves don’t you?”

Asahi caught Nami’s eye and as if prompted began doing the ‘Tenshi Dance’ that Hinata had performed during the perfectly bombed audition. “Ten-ten-tenshi, tenshi-YO~!”

‘Electric waves…?’ Hinata smiled and tilted her head the opposite direction, slightly confused, but noting inwardly that the girls had did the dance perfectly.

“The two of you are in grade twelve right?” Nami asked pointedly, trying to steer the conversation back on topic. That is, about the auditions. “That’s a bit late to want to be an Idol isn’t it?”

Asahi gritted her teeth slightly, the words had felt like a stab to the heart. Though she was sure Kawachi-san hadn’t meant to make her feel bad.

“I’ve heard that recently elementary school kids, no, even kindergarteners are starting to audition to become idols!” Nami put a thoughtful finger to her lip, not noticing Asahi behind her, making faces like someone was stabbing her in the back.

“Then the three of us are comrades!” Hinata proclaimed excitedly, hooking both her arms around Asahi and Nami’s shoulders. “We’ll audition together until we’re all discovered!”

Asahi hated to admit it, but the girl’s enthusiasm was infectious. “Come on, do it with me! Ten-ten-tenshi, tenshi-yo!”

Nami looked at Asahi and shrugged her shoulders, giving her a lop-sided grin. They had both been feeling down and out because of the failed audition, but were now both slightly embarrassed at how discouraged they already were in the face of Hinata’s strong front in the face of infinitely more failures. A hundred to be exact.

“Ten-ten-tenshi, tenshi~yo!” The trio chanted together as they made their way out of the underground parking garage, only to be interrupted by a beep from Hinata’s cell phone.

“Moshi-mosh! This is Hinata… Really?! Okay!” The girl hung up on the caller and gave an apologetic look to her companions. “It seems I’m not a comrade anymore…”

Asahi and Nami both tilted their heads in confusion. “Huh?”

“The producer just called and asked me to meet him tonight!” She said, grinning ear to ear and barely able to contain her excitement. See ya!”

In a whirl of pink frills and lace, the little denpa had disappeared almost as abruptly as she came.

“That little traitor!” Nami grunted, scuffing at the ground with the toe of her shoe. Though being perfectly honest with herself, she was happy for the girl. After a hundred auditions it would be a bit callous of her not to be.

“Oh!!”

Asahi’s squeal of delight caught Nami’s attention and she turned around to see the girl crouched on the ground with something in her hands.

“It’s a purupuru!” She exclaimed excitedly, rubbing it on her cheek and smiling widely. “It’s so soft!”

‘… What a weirdo…’ Nami thought to herself, putting a palm to her forehead. That thing was dirty, why rub it on your face of all places?

Asahi’s delight however, was cut short as a car pulled up and squealed to a halt in front of them, the headlights momentarily blinding the two girls. The light dimmed as the car doors opened and three imposing men in suits got out and strode over to them. The biggest of them, a tall, broad-shouldered man in sunglasses and slicked back hair held out his hand.

“Give that to me.” His deep, baritone voice held no room for compromise.

“No way!” Asahi exclaimed, clutching the toy to her chest possessively. “Finders keepers!”

Without warning the man reached into his jacket and pulled out a handgun and pointed it directly at Asahi’s head.

“Please.” He rumbled out coldly.

They both stood there, stock frozen. This couldn’t be real could it? Asahi’s instincts were screaming for her to run, but she was interrupted by Nami’s voice. “Ah I know, we’re on candid camera aren’t we?” She said, hitting her fist in her palm as if she had figured out the answer to a math problem.

“Oh my god, you’re right!” Asahi said, relaxing a bit as the fear drained from her body. Really, wasn’t Japan a mostly pacifistic nation? Who owns guns except the Yakuza? And although the guy was definately dressed to kill, literally, he seemed a bit too in character. It had to be a prank!

Nami’s eyes flashed with excitement. “Where do you guys keep the camera?” If they were indeed on a reality show, it was a good chance to get discovered! Asahi’s thoughts seemed to mirror her own as the other girl’s eyes were also casting around for a camera.

A thought suddenly entered Nami’s head and she grinned, leaning forward and poking a finger into the muzzle of the gun. “It has to be in here right?” There was always that idiot that was slow on the up-tick, but never Kawachi Nami. Showing the audience how clever she was would~

The sound of gunfire tore Nami out of her thoughts and she screamed as she saw Asahi fall to the ground next to her. The girl’s body was limp, and blood spatter coated her school uniform a macabre crimson.  Nami gaped helplessly and whirled onto the snake-like murderer, her teeth set in a snarl as cold fear seeped into her stomach.

“You mother~!” Her sentence ended in a scream as another shot rang into the air and she felt the searing pain of hot lead tear into her chest, breaking through bone and sinew and puncturing a lung as she fell to the ground. The pain was so excruciating, she could barely breathe, and when she did, air sucked into the wound in her chest, causing blood to run down her side and bubble around the hole.

As the world began to fade to black, she could only think of one thing to say. “Wh-Why…?” She didn’t know if it was directed to her and Asahi’s murderer or simply to whatever power had allowed this fate to befall them. There was still so much to live for… So much left to give… And what of her family, her dreams, it all seemed so unfair. She never imagined that this would be the way she would end up making headlines...

Just as she was about to slip into unconsciousness she saw a sudden flash of black appear before her eyes accompanied by the sounds of tearing skin and the men’s screams. But it all seemed so far away now… Rescue seemed to have come much, much too late.

‘I’m sorry Asahi…’ She thought dimly, using what was left of her strength to reach out and weakly grasp the girl’s hand. ‘This is my fault…’

------------------------------------------------------------

The pain was gone, and she was floating, drifting while shadows of thoughts seemed to flicker in the dim twilight of her mind. ‘Am I dead…?’ She wondered to herself. ‘Is this what it’s like…?’ But before the girl could continue her line of thought, an apparition appeared next to her. She blinked in surprise.

“Asahi?” She murmured, reaching out a hand to touch her, but coming into contact with nothing.

“Nami…” Asahi said sadly, her eyes downcast. “I should’ve never picked up that damn thing…”

Nami’s shook her head and was about to reply when suddenly a third apparition joined them. They both gawked slightly at the sight of it; a gargantuan black dog that seemed to be approximately the size of a compact car. Its blood crimson eyes flashed in the darkness of their surroundings. Fear gripped their hearts in a vice as the beast slowly floated towards them, its black lips set in a soul chilling smirk. But fear quickly morphed into surprise as the dog demon opened its mouth, and spoke.

“Now what are you two lost little lambs doing all the way out here?” It drawled, running a thick purple tongue over its fangs. “You seem to be in quite a pickle…”

“W-who are you…?” Asahi stuttered out, trying to control her fear.

“… Your savior.” The monster said simply. “You may call me Inuyama, should our paths ever cross again… Just know that it is I, through the…” He grinned almost maliciously, causing Nami to shudder. “Goodness of my heart, who have saved you from a fate most unbecoming of two such beautiful young ladies…”

“T-thank you…” They both said in concert, still a bit unsure if being saved by such a beast was a better fate than the sweet release of death.

“But enough chit-chat…” The beast brought a paw to bear in front of his face and examined his great claws. “It’s time for you to-“

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up… N-Nami… Wake up…”

Nami groaned and rolled over, coughing slightly as she brought herself up to all fours. She cracked open her eyes, the world slowly starting to coalesce into a clear image. Breathing slowly, she brought her vision to focus on the person in front of her. The face seemed familiar… But the voice was deep and foreign to her.

“Who… Who are…” She groaned, clutching her head as sudden visions of what befell her and Asahi came crashing down like the waves of the ocean on her mind. She reflexively clutched at her chest, looking for a wound but finding nothing. ‘Nothing… But why am I so damn uncomfortable…?’ Her clothes suddenly felt very restricting, like they were so tight that they might tear off of her.

“It’s me, Asahi.” The person in front of her sighed, seeming relieved that Nami was okay.

“We’re alive…” Nami breathed, her discomfort forgotten as she threw her arms around Asahi’s broad shoulders. ‘Wait… Did Asahi have broad shoulders before…?’ Nami suddenly pulled away, still holding onto the girl as she took in her appearance. “Oh my god…”

Asahi’s long raven hair framed a young, handsome face with low set brows, a roman nose and a strong, refined jaw line. Her eyes were wide with an odd mix of fear, confusion and relief. “Nami…. You… you’re…”

“I…” Realization slowly dawned on Nami as she patted down her chest. Two very feminine appendages were missing, and it was at that point that she realized that her voice had fallen an octave or two lower. “It can’t be…”

With that she shot to her feet and ran to a nearby car, looking at her refection in the dark tinted windows. What she saw chilled her to the bone and she swallowed, feeling the deeply disconcerting movement of her clearly visible adam’s apple moving up and down. It was a boy that stared back at her, a wiry boy with girlishly long hair and a handsome yet sharp and angular face that still held a hint of boyish softness. She turned to look at the now much taller Asahi, who had gotten to her feet to stare at the other girl, shock apparent in her eyes. How was this possible…?

“We’re…” Asahi and Nami breathed in concert.

“GUYS!!!!!!” They both screamed in conjunction and ran towards each other, hugging each other as tears fell like rivers from both their eyes.

“How did this h-happen?” Asahi squeaked, her baritone voice catching in her throat as Nami buried her face in the other girl’s now flat chest. “I don’t know…!” But then a thought occurred to both of them and they looked at each other, realization in their eyes.

“Inuyama!” They shouted.

The demon must have saved them… But they should have known it would be too good to be true. He had saved them at the cost of their womanhood. What a cruel sense of humor…

“Ew… Drag queens…” Came a slightly disturbed voice from behind them.

They turned to look at a man clutching his girlfriend protectively against him as he looked at the two hugging men in disgust. The two quickly made their way past them without another word.

Nami gulped and jumped away from Asahi, scratching the back of her, now his, head. Asahi sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose while his eyes scanned the parking garage. There was still a bit of blood spatter on the ground and on their clothes as evidence of what happened… But what of the men that had shot them? He dimly remembered them getting attacked but there were no bodies. They had escaped death by Asahi and Nami’s rescuer. But that meant…

“Nami we have to get out of here.” Asahi said firmly, grabbing the girl-turned-boy’s hand and leading him back into TV Tohto.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What show are they from…? A drag queen horror film…?”

“Are t-they even men?”

“They must be gay… Look at how they’re holding hands!”

“Eww!!!”

Nami’s left eye twitched and he let go of Asahi’s hand, a bit more mindful of their outward appearances as TV Tohto staff whispered amongst themselves as the boys passed. They looked like literal drag queens, especially Asahi in his school girl uniform. Not that Nami was any better off, especially with her now excruciatingly tight clothes tugging and chafing at a certain new appendage that he had grown. He was tempted to readjust, but was disgusted at the thought of touching ‘it’. Nami shuddered inwardly.

Asahi seemed just as bothered because he quickened his steps and stopped at a door to their right. “I think this is a dressing room… We should change…” It was true. The two looked very very conspicuous and the sooner they got out of their blood drenched, bullet riddled clothes the better. Who knows if snake-man might come back and tie them to the two girls he shot? They were, after all, wearing their clothes. He might shoot them again just for being cross-dressing weirdos.

Opening the door, they both slipped inside only to be greeted with darkness, desks and upended chairs instead of a dressing room. It seemed to be a place to store extra office furniture. Asahi sighed and turned, about open the door but froze when he heard female voices at the far end of the room.
Nami lifted an eyebrow and blinked, grabbing Asahi’s hand and ducking behind a grouping of desks and chairs. The last thing they needed was to be kicked out of the studio because they were someplace they weren’t supposed to be. Asahi was about to protest but Nami put a finger to the boy’s lips to silence him as he peeked over the desk. Asahi sighed slightly and shook his head but soon followed suit, curiosity getting the better of him.

The sight that greeted the two was of two women arguing with each other. One had jet black hair styled into an angular bob cut; the look on her face held no apology as she smirked down at the smaller woman. The other woman had long, wavy red-brown hair and was so furious that she was practically seething. Before they could even wonder what the woman was mad at her hand shot out and smacked the other woman smartly across the cheek.

“Tell me, which woman were you with yesterday?” Hurt and anger seeped into the smaller woman’s voice as her eyes fell accusingly on the apparently guilty party. Instead of answering, the other woman grabbed the back of her head and brought her into a punishing, yet passionate kiss. Nami and Asahi’s eyes widened to the size of saucers. Their tongues were visible as they moaned and ground against one other, the black haired woman hiking up her partner’s skirt slightly. When they finally parted, mouths bruised from the punishing make-out session, the angry woman seemed like a tamed kitten.

“Are you jealous?” The black haired woman purred.

“… I-I…” The anger and vitriol seemed to have vanished from the smaller woman like so much vapor in the morning sun.

“Okay then… How about we continue on to part two…” The woman’s voice was low and sultry and even Asahi blushed at the sound of it.

This time, the taller woman pushed her partner back onto a desk as she claimed the other’s lips in another bruising kiss. The brown-haired woman was pushed onto it, her blazer falling over her shoulders as her partner grabbed her thigh, massaging it as she began to hike up her partner’s skirt once more…

“Marilyn… You’re too cute…” The black haired woman moaned as she kissed the woman’s neck.

Asahi watched with dark fascination, unable to tear his eyes away. Nami meanwhile, was purely disgusted by the scene playing out before him.

“Uwaaahhhgh!” Nami shot up quickly, too quickly, losing his balance and hitting the small of his back against some chairs behind him, knocking them over noisily. The two women immediately caught sight of the two cross-dressers and blinked at them. They had thought they were alone.

“Um…” Asahi got up, suddenly too aware of his girly attire as the women looked at him strangely. He wasn’t sure how to react in this situation so he did the only thing he could think of.

He bowed as low as he could. “Uh, sorry for disturbing you, please continue!”

Grabbing the still frozen Nami’s hand, they both fled the confines of the storage room. But even as they were retreating, they could hear Marilyn’s voice ask a very pointed question.

“… Are they… Drag queens?”

Nami’s left eye twitched. Asahi turned his eyes upwards as if to ask ‘Why me?’ just before he opened another door labeled ‘Changing Room 2’ and ushered them both inside. They found themselves standing amongst a veritable department store full of racks upon racks of clothes, footwear and various other accessories.

“I can’t believe we had to sit through that L-show! Ugghh!!” Nami exclaimed, grabbing the sides of his head and shaking it as if trying to get the image of what they had seen to go away.

“What’s an ‘L’?” Asahi asked, confusion apparent in his voice.

“Don’t you know?” Nami gawked at him like he had grown another head. He couldn’t believe had to enlighten him about one of the most disgusting and apparent evils of the world. “In the world of L… Girls kissing and… M-making love…. Disgusting!!” Nami shuddered and hugged himself as if trying to protect himself from the world of L.

“This isn’t the time to worry about that…” Asahi grumbled, annoyed that Nami could be distracted so easily by something like girls kissing. There were other, more pressing matters at hand. Such as why they were suddenly men, or why the snake-man and his goons had shot them, or if they were still chasing them. The police were not an option, firstly he had no reception with his cell phone and secondly who would believe them if they said they were actually girls? A drag queen isn’t exactly the most credible witness. What could he do? He sighed, leaning against a rack of costumes, once again rubbing the bridge of his nose. It was a nervous habit. But then suddenly, it dawned on him. Eureka!

He threw down his satchel and began to undress, kicking off his shoes and discarding his bloodied shirt and now useless bra. Pausing for a moment, he took in his bare torso and fought the urge not to whistle in appreciation. His body was long and lean, but filled out with refined muscle and sinew, his chest and shoulders were, in particular, very well muscled. He turned to look at Nami, who was wide eyed and blushing a very bright red. Asahi blinked and found himself blushing as well. This… Had to be the weirdest most awkward thing they had ever experienced, ever.

“Y-you have to take your clothes off too!” Asahi reached for Nami’s shirt and the girl yanked herself away, horrified but also not quite able to tear his eyes away from Asahi’s chiseled torso.

“What are you doing?! Don’t tell me you're an-“

Asahi smacked him on the back of the head. “Don’t even bother finishing that sentence.” Seriously, the girl needed to get over the L thing. “We’re going to change out of these clothes. That was the point of coming back here!”

“Huh?” Nami looked around stupidly and realization soon dawned on his boyish face. “Oh!” He smacked his forehead for being so slow.
Silently they both stripped out of their clothing, Nami not being able to bring himself to even look at his new body as they picked out their outfits. They decided to go as a matching pair. Hiding their hair under loose black beanies and putting on loose boot cut jeans, v-neck t-shirts, aviator sunglasses, boots, faux-leather jackets and silver accessories. Doing a once over for each other, they nodded as they headed out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------

TBC Soon.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:48:31 AM by sophcaro »

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [AKB48 x Mendol] AU- A Man's World.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »
It's so funny~  :mon inluv:

Please continue~  :tama-apeshit:

THANKS~!!  :on cny2:

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:16:35 PM »
WoW WoW WoW very interessing :thumbup

Offline hott3stson3

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • One Of A Kind
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:15:51 AM »
omfg!!!!! You have to update soon!!!!  :panic: :panic:
PLEASE CONTINUE!!!!!
but seriously, nice twist in the story!!!  :twothumbs
Takaboy and boy Kojima =  :drool: :w00t: :shocked :heart:

Offline Katura

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »
Author's Notes~ To be honest, I'm still working out the essential premise of this story, and any and all inputs, requests, advice, and comments would be welcome. =) Enjoy. This is taking a lot longer to write than I thought.  :nervous

---------------------------------------

Mendol- A Man's World

Chp 1 Pt 2.

----------------------------------------

Asahi slowly opened the door, pushing his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose as he looked furtively around the corner. When it seemed that the coast was clear he took Nami by the forearm and pulled him out into the hallway. Now all they needed to do was look like they belonged here and then exit the building to make their escape. Easy day right?

Wrong.

"Excuse me? May I ask what you're doing here?" Came a curious female voice from behind them. They both gulped audibly and turned around to face a girl in a cheer leading outfit, her short jet black hair falling in wisps around her curious face.

Asahi blinked and opened his mouth, but no words followed. It wasn't like him to be nervous, but luckily before the girl became suspicious Nami took the initiative and stepped forward, reaching out and placing a hand on the girl's shoulder, giving his most charming (patently fake) smile.

"We actually got separated from our group and got lost... Maybe you could, uh, point us in the right direction?" Nami asked, blinking slightly as he witnessed the girl's face flush a deep shade of red as she looked at the hand on her shoulder and then quickly averted her eyes to the floor not seeming to be able to look him in the eye.

"Well um... Uh..."

'Why is she stuttering? Doesn't she work here? This shouldn't be that hard of a question...' Nami thought to himself, raising an eyebrow at the girl as she flustered before him. "Ma'am?"

Asahi, not quite as dense as his cohort, bit his lip in thought as he mulled over how to possibly exploit their current circumstance. 'I recognize that look anywhere... She thinks Nami's cute!' He flushed a little at that, a bit embarrassed for his L-phobic friend. This situation was becoming more awkward by the second.  'Maybe we could-"

The sound of heavy footsteps caught his attention and before he could think any further, some horrifyingly familiar figures rounded the corner, bloodied and bruised but looking angrier than all hell.

"Where the hell could they be...?" The snake-like leader muttered, leering at one of his lackeys and wiping some bloody spittle from the corner of his lip. "And where the fuck did that dog come from?!"

Nami gaped at the troupe approaching them and without thinking pushed the girl into the wall and hid his face in her neck. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers and she attempted to protest but found that the shock of the situation had robbed her of the ability to speak. Asahi did the only thing he could think of and quickly leaned against the wall, bracing himself with his forearm above the girl's head; he gave her an awkward, lop-sided smile.

"Uh... Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?" He asked lamely, trying to remember how boys generally hit on girls as he eyed the men in his peripheral vision. 'God I hope she doesn't scream...' The girl flushed as red as a tomato at that and closed her eyes tightly, her heart beating a mile a minute in response the man's suave and easy demeanor.

"Uh... Um..." She flustered a bit, trying to think of an answer though still a bit sell-shocked at how close the two model-like men had come to her. "1,000 lbs...?"

He managed a nervous chuckle at that, but Nami beat him to the punch line, the boy's nervousness at the sight of his would be murderers causing him to blurt out the answer.

"Enough to break the ice!" He flushed deeply at how cheesy the line was but at this point he just needed to get through this ridiculous situation without dying a second time. Though, apparently the girl found it cute because she giggled a little at that even through her own embarrassment.

The snake-like man paused and looked at the them for a moment before shaking his head in disgust, stalking off and muttering something about the lack of decency in today's youths.

'So says the man who just gunned down two innocent girls in cold blood...' Asahi thought bitterly, cold seeping into his stomach as he remembered just how close to death he had been.

Nami breathed a sigh of relief, the girl squealing slightly at the feel of his breath on her neck. "Gentlemen... Please... Personal space... Personal space..." She said those two words like a chant and Nami blinked as he leaned away from her.

"Uh..." Their close proximity suddenly dawned on Nami and he jumped back like he had been burned, looking at her like a deer caught in the headlights.  "Uwwaahhh! I'm sorry, I'm really, really sorry!" The girl blinked and was about to open her mouth when suddenly another man appeared and clapped his hands on both boys' shoulders.

"Hey, you guys are late for the screening! Come on we're on in two!" He exclaimed, pulling the two away from the girl and dragging them down the hall into a room that housed a studio.

They didn't see the victimized cheerleader slide to the floor as her knees finally gave out on her.

Asahi and Nami both shielded their eyes from the blinding studio lights as they found themselves being pushed forward by a group of men dressed almost exactly as they were. They stopped in a screening area in front of a grouping of cameras.

"Wa-wait we're-" Asahi stuttered out but was quickly cut off by the director's booming voice crackling over a megaphone.

"Let's GO! Standby!" The director called out as the music began to play and the dancers began their pre-rehearsed choreography. The two men stood by and watched the dancers perform the simple, repetitive dance moves, both trying to figure out the best time to bolt out of the studio. Asahi was slightly embarrassed, feeling rude and completely out of place at the male audition, but embarrassment was quickly flushed away by adrenaline as he caught sight of their snake-like pursuers skulking about behind the director.

"Dance!" He yanked Nami toward the middle of the troupe of men. Nami blinked and stared at him like he had grown another head.

"They're here! Here!" Asahi hissed as they slid to a stop. Nami gulped and bit his lip as they both fell into step with the beat, the simple choreography coming to them like second nature as their fear guided the need for perfection. However, if being inconspicuous was the name of the game, they both failed utterly because their efforts quickly came to the attention of the director and his guest.

"Wa-wait... who are those guys, were they there before?" The director wondered, giving an appreciative smile. "They're really good!"

The woman, dressed in all black with the angular bob hair cut quirked a smile at the two, her eyes shining with a certain amusement. However, the dance routine was ruined as the three men in suits crossed in front of the rolling cameras, ignoring the yelling and shouts of all-around discontent among the film crew and dancers.  At that, the director promptly freaked and ran after the men, stopping in the middle of the sound stage and tramping his feet in a show of anger. 

"Hey! What the HELL! Who are you guys??!!!" He screamed at their backs, a vein popping out of the side of his forehead.

"Let's go!" Asahi grabbed Nami's hand and yanked him off the set, at which point the director noticed their departure and attempted to stop the two promising new talents.

"Waaiiiitt!!!" He shouted, only to be rudely cut off by his black-clad guest shoving him to the side as she ran after the boys. Nami and Asahi slowed down as they came into an empty sound stage, breathing heavily as relief washed over them when they realized that they were no longer being followed.

"Thank go-" Nami grinned but quickly panicked when a voice called to them from the shadows.

"Excuse me..." The snake-like gangster approached them purposefully, his hands in his pockets. "Have you seen two highschool age girls around here?"

Nami and Asahi stood stock still, frozen with fear. Although they could rationalize that the man could never recognize them, given their current condition, what would anyone be able to do in the face of their own murderer. Their fear would prove to be their end if they didn't do something, but for some reason, no matter how hard they willed themselves to, words just wouldn't form.

"I've seen them!" Came a cheerful voice from behind, and they all turned to see the black haired woman looking at them from behind one of the open sliding sound proof doors. Nami and Asahi immediately recognized the woman from the incident in the storage room.

"L!" Nami exclaimed, his voiced quickly muffled by Asahi clamping a hand over the boy's mouth. He hoped to god that the woman wouldn't say anything to set off the men's suspicions. They were dangerous, and at this point they could all very well be gunned down once again. His eyes were pleading as he looked at the woman through his dark sunglasses.

The L woman gave an impish smile and pranced over to them, her expression making the two girls-turned-boys shudder inwardly.

"They went that way," Her statement ushered in waves of relief for Nami and Asahi as the snake-like man gave the woman a curt nod and thanked her as he directed his men past them without so much as a cursory glance at the two boys.

"We're saved..." Nami breathed out, clutching his chest and shaking his head. Asahi nodded in agreement, a relieved smile etched across his face. But just before they were about to thank their savior she walked up to them and immediately pulled off their headgear and sunglasses, revealing their girlishly long hair and handsome features.

"As I thought..." She said to herself, grinning slightly. "It seems you both have found your way back to me... I have to admit that I think I've outdone myself this time."

Asahi and Nami looked at eachother in confusion. Had they met this woman before? "Ano... Have we... Met before?" Asahi ventured, trying to catch the woman's eye.

The woman grinned, her upper lip curling over an inhumanly sharp fang. "It seems I've saved you both twice now... That's quite a bit of debt you 'boys' have accumulated with me." She drawled out, seeming infinitely amused as realization dawned on the boys' faces. Their eyes went wide.

"I... Inuyama..." Nami was the first to speak as the black haired woman smiled and stepped forward, placing a hand on both their shoulders.

"How would you two like to be idols?" It wasn't a question, and both boys seemed to realize that as they gazed at the sadistic grin twisting the woman's mouth.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:08:28 PM by Katura »

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »
 :lol: The girl is so lucky XD I wonder if she will appear again :P
 So... Asahi and Nami are actually real boys? Interesting... Poor Nami XD
Update as soon as you can ^^

Offline hott3stson3

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • One Of A Kind
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »
oMFKANI....I am such a fail
i accidentally deleted my first comment  :angry: :angry:
Anyway!!!! I officially love u and ur fic!! :wub: :inlove: :wub: :inlove:
Lol, ahhh!!  :w00t: :w00t:  :wub: I am fangirling over Takaboy!!!!
Please update soon, love the twist in the story

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 12:07:34 AM »
Interesting take on Mendol. I wonder how Hinata will be a part of this. Will this version of Shachou transform her into a boy as well? Also how close will this be to the original drama?

Should've have realized Shachou was Inuyama.  :banghead: It was obvious if I remember that one detail about 'her' from the drama.

Offline Katura

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 05:38:28 AM »
I'm planning on it yes, that is, Hinata being a part of this genderbending madness, and I have a rough idea of how it's going to happen. Haha, I was wondering who would be the first to guess that Inuyama was Shachou. In this version it's a bit ambiguous as to whether or not Shachou is an antagonist, but I will say this, our beloved trio will be bound to Inuyama in more ways than one. At least inside this twisted little mind of mine.   :twisted:

Offline Katura

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
Author's Notes~ This story is actually pretty fun to write, I think that the next part of this episode will be exceptionally so. Here's to tomorrow night! Remember, inputs, comments, advice, requests, please give them, I appreciate them. This is, after all, my first AKB48/Mendol affiliated fanfic. Enjoy.  :)2

Mendol - A Man's World
Chp. 1 pt 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't fair... It just wasn't fair.

It was as if Fate herself was playing a cruel joke on the girl. In the span of a day, she had been shot, killed, resurrected into the body of a man by a crazed Inu-youkai, hunted down mercilessly by her would be murderers in the studio and narrowly escaped death at their hands once more at the mercy of said crazed Inu-Youkai. But the icing on this disaster of a day was one simple, glaring fact that stared back at the newly transformed boy as he took in his new appearance in the full-length mirror...

"I can't believe... Even as a man... I've only grown five inches..." Nami said flatly, biting his lower lip and fighting the urge not to sniffle as Asahi sidled up next to him to take a gander at his own reflection as he buttoned up the top of his dress shirt. An amused smile tugged at the corner of the man's lips as he fought the urge not to laugh at their stark contrast in height.

"It's... Not that bad... You're taller than before right?" Asahi said, a hint of a chuckle making itself known at the tail end of the sentence.  Nami whirled on him and looked up at the man with a glare and a pout, crossing both his arms. Asahi closed his hand into a fist and brought it to his lips in an attempt to stifle a laugh as he looked down at the thoroughly irate 5'5 boy.

"So says the girl who 'was' already 5'7 and is now an even 6'0... Gaahhh!! It's not fair!" Nami seethed, glaring up at Asahi who simply laughed in earnest further arousing the boy's ire. Nami growled and jumped up, grabbing Asahi's collar and bringing the man down to eye-level.

"It's not funny!" Nami exclaimed, glaring at his friend and looking much like an indignant puppy with its little hackles raised. He was just so cute! Asahi burst out laughing even harder and Nami blinked and blew out an exasperated puff of air as he released his hold on the man and pushed him away.

"What's the matter 'chibiko'?" Asahi giggled out as Nami scowled at his use of the accursed word, but instead of trying to get back at the taller man, the boy simply chose to ignore him. "Aw, I'm sorry, don't be butt-hurt Nami..."

"Tch... Jerk." Nami grumbled, once again going back to the mirror, ignoring the still-giggling Asahi. He looked ridiculous anyway, a big handsome lug like that giggling like a school girl who heard the word 'penis'. Sighing, he turned to his reflection in the mirror, for the first time 'really' looking at himself.

"... Chibiko huh...?" He asked to no one in particular as he threw a button up shirt over his shoulders. Even by his own stringent standards though, he had to admit that the short boy that stared back at him was good looking. Raven wisps of hair fell over a handsome boyish face that was smooth, and almost pretty with high arched eyebrows that sat proudly above flashing dark-brown eyes framed by long, curling eyelashes. In this form, his skin was a tad darker, but with barely a hint of facial hair. His eyes traveled downwards and he noted that his body, although short, was well-built; all lean muscle stretched over a well proportioned frame that drew attention away from his stature.

Finishing up the last button of his shirt, he glanced over at Asahi and tilted his head in curiosity at the man as he fumbled with the zipper of his slacks, trying to avoid touching a certain very male part of his body at all costs and blushing as he flustered over the task. Asahi, as a man, was handsome, strikingly handsome, the picture of a gentleman in his prime. Tall, dark, debonair, with a body that seemed like it had come straight off the catwalk to boot. Even his slightly larger than normal ears seemed almost endearing poking out of his pulled back ebony hair. It just wasn't fair...

Sighing, Nami put on a pair of slip on light grey loafers to match with his dark grey tweed slacks as he finished the last button on his shirt.

"C'mon Asahi... Destiny awaits," He said with an edge of dry humor as Asahi finally finished pulling up his zipper with a sigh of abject relief. Apparently the offending body part had been left untouched. 

"Shall we?" Asahi grinned, trying to quash his nervousness as he followed Nami out of the small dressing room and down the spiral steps to the living area of the well-furnished apartment. What greeted them was Marilyn and-

'Shachou' They both growled out mentally.

The demon Inuyama had come to like to be called by this title in his human form. Marilyn stood next to her while she sat on the couch in front of a coffee table with several, very important looking documents laid out before them.

Nami grit his teeth at the sight and fought the urge to snarl at the so-called 'savior' who had imprisoned them in these accursed male bodies. Instead, the boy stalked over to the couch across from the two, refusing to sit and simply glaring down at them coldly. Asahi took his place beside Nami and also chose not to take his seat, though instead of glaring at them, opted to look down at Shachou and Marilyn expectantly. If Inuyama was indeed the key to regaining their womanhood, it would behoove them not to anger the Inu-Youkai.

"Ah good, it seems our handsome idols have finally finished powdering their noses," Saeko said, her voice tinged with dark amusement as she met Nami's flashing, angry eyes with her own cold ones.  "Now to get down to business... Please take your seats gentlemen."

It wasn't a request.

Nami's brows furrowed even deeper and he was about to protest when he suddenly felt himself being yanked down to the couch by Asahi. The boy stared at his friend with wide eyes full of question but Asahi simply looked ahead toward Shachou and Marilyn, his eyes once again expectant. Though inwardly wanting to throttle the L woman and her partner, Nami bit his tongue and decided to follow Asahi's lead, though at the same time continuing to challenge the black-haired woman with his eyes.

"My name is Kamonohatsu Saeko, President of Kamonohatsu Entertainment Agency... But I suppose better known to you two as..." She chuckled darkly. "Inuyama. And this, is my lovely secretary Marilyn."

Marilyn bowed politely and smiled at the two before going to the kitchen and fetching a pitcher of water and two glasses on a tray, setting it in front of the duo and then quickly taking her place back at the President's side.

"You two have been through a lot haven't you?" She cooed gently, looking at them with a gentle, polite expression that caught the two boys off guard.  "Drink this and relax."

Nami looked at the water skeptically but slowly leaned over and poured himself a glass anyway. He hadn't anything to eat or drink since before the failed audition. Asahi looked at it and narrowed his eyes, deciding to forgo the drink for now as he looked up at the black-clad woman and frowned, finally voicing what was on his mind.

"Why did you save us?" He asked, poker-faced as he learned forward and regarded Shachou with discerning dark brown eyes.

A snort of derision caught in her nose; her mouth twisted into an ironic grin. "I hate to see innocent blood spilt no matter what the occasion...  But would you have rather I had not have saved you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, taking note of their shocked silence before continuing. "However, I do believe I know what you two want. In fact, I could return you to your bodies right now if you like..."

Nami and Asahi both perked up at that and Shachou let out scornful bark of laughter, Marilyn throwing her a disapproving look. "Unfortunately, you would die instantly."

Shock overtook both the boys' faces but was quickly replaced with deep, radiating anger. Nami shot to his feet, furious.

"You mean we're stuck this way?!" He growled, gnashing his teeth as both his hands formed into fists. Asahi touched Nami's elbow to calm the boy as he got up, also glaring slightly at the black-clad woman.

"... Is there... No way to bring us back to the way we were before?" He implored, his voice soft yet determined.

"Maybe... Maybe not," Saeko said flatly, taking Asahi's forgotten glass and pouring herself a drink of water. At that response, Nami promptly lost it.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't turn us back, why the fuck did you do this to us if there was no way to turn us back?!" He shouted as he watched her sip calmly at the water, looking up at the boy with a bemused smile before she reached into her pocket and threw something small onto the table.

Asahi blinked and leaned over, picking up the small object from the coffee table. "Where... How did you get this...?" He asked while frowning deeply, feeling as if a cold stone had been dropped into the pit of his stomach.

It was the purupuru... The one that had cost both him and Nami their womanhood.

"From when I..." She chuckled darkly at this. "Saved you."

Something occurred to Nami as he remembered the Snake-like man cursing about being attacked by a dog back when they were being chased at TV Tohto. "You were... The dog?" And Marilyn knew about her partner's condition? She shot a look at the secretary, but the woman simply gave her a serene smile.

Shachou gave the boy an amused grin in response. "Inu-Youkai. You were lucky that I happened to be there... Otherwise the studio would be sending your family their condolences. For now though, they all think that you're studying art in Las Vegas via a scholarship program sponsored by TV Tohto." She said, setting down her glass to finally get to her feet and look the two boys in the eye.

"And they believed that?" Nami groaned in disbelief. Papa Kawachi was no fool, but he was also a widowed single father with five children. And though he loved Nami, trouble seemed to follow his oldest little girl like a shadow. He would definitely be glad for the break.

Asahi blinked, his mouth slightly agape. "Only if they're awfully gullible..." Which of course, fit the description of his parents to a T.

Saeko chuckled mysteriously, raising an eyebrow at the two.

"I wasn't being 'completely' truthful when I said that you could never be women again... But before we can even broach that topic, I want you both to understand that in order to fulfill a very specific objective to get you both back to normal, I need you to sign on the dotted line..." She purred, bending down and pushing the papers toward them.

"R-really?!" Asahi said, hope tinging his voice as he looked at her skeptically. Truth be told his heart had leapt with joy when the president admitted at length that there was a way to return to the way they were. Without hesitation, he took the pen, sat down and signed the papers, but lifted an eyebrow as he read the contract's header.

"I hereby agree to be promoted as... A Male idol?" He blinked, looking at the president with a quizzical expression.

Nami turned up his nose, indignant. There was no way he was going to do anything for this L 'demon' woman. Saeko tilted her head at the boy and gave him a sardonic smile.

"Are you sure about that 'sonny?'" She asked teasingly, at which point Nami turned red-faced and growled, refusing to look the woman in the eye.

"Devil woman..." He grumbled, gritting his teeth in frustration.

"This was the start of my ambition!" Shachou suddenly proclaimed, startling them both as she rounded about the couch and lifted a hand in the air, the picture of confidence.

"President, you're wonderful!" Marilyn purred, prancing to Saeko's side and looking at her beloved Shachou adoringly with hands clasped to her chest.

"My ambition is to put super handsome male idols into the world," She said, her voice taking on a slightly frenzied tone as she stalked provocatively forward and waggled a finger at the boys. "And to bring the Entertainment Industry to its knees!"

Marilyn sighed happily, looking star struck as the President paused and struck a thoughtful pose, a hand on her chin as her voice morphed from almost crazed to serious. "However, no suitable men appeared that fulfilled my requirements... But then I saw you two after you had transformed, becoming even more glorious than before!"

Her excitement once again hit a high note. "It was like being shot!" She pantomimed being shot, Marilyn mimicking her, grabbing her chest and convulsing slightly.

Asahi and Nami grimaced slightly at the two.

"But why do we have to do this?! I don't want to debut as a guy...As a matter of fact, I don't want to be a guy!" Nami protested, the reality of the situation not settling well with him. No way was he going to sign that stupid contract with this crazy L 'demon' woman!

"I 'did' want to make my debut as a normal idol..." Asahi added, frowning and crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"Too plain." The president said in a bored tone at which Marilyn giggled slightly, bringing a hand to her mouth.

"Plain?" The two men gaped.

"To be truthful, you two are just plain ordinary as female idols, you'll never succeed." Saeko deadpanned. "The only way you two can succeed in this industry is to become men! Men amongst men!"

Saeko pulled a drawstring and a gigantic poster unfurled from the ceiling. From their point of view, it looked like an ordinary plastic sheet with two holes cut out, but when both men poked their heads out of the holes they realized that it was a mock up of two men in suits with the faces purposely removed so that when the two looked out the hole, they looked like male idols!

"I can see it!" Saeko rushed forward, her eyes shimmering with tears of triumph. "The sparkling future!  From today your names are Riku!" Saeko gestured to Asahi, then Nami. "-and Kai! And the group name with be 'Persona'!"

Marilyn gasped in excitement. "In Latin, it means 'mask'!"

Asahi blinked. "Persona?"

Nami frowned, if it was even possible even more disgruntled. "Mask?"

"Women who wear the literal masks of men! Behold my power!" She  seemed unruffled by their agitation as she pranced over to a mannequin with a silver mask on and placed it on her own face. "My... Genius!!"

The two boys stared at the previously intimidating Inu Youkai in disbelief as she started to hyperventilate from her excitement.

"President, hang in there!" Marilyn immediately rushed forward with a paper bag, fretting over the President as she held it over her mouth.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Nami growled, shoving the poster out of the way as he stomped over to the Ls to confront them. "Regarding this I will definately-"

"Do it!" Asahi said affimitively, rushing to Nami's side.

"Yeah! I will definately do it! -Wait, wha?" Nami looked at Asahi with disbelief etched into his expression.

"If there is any possibility to earn back my womanhood and become an idol, I will definitely do it!" Asahi repeated, desperation starting to creep into the young man's voice.

"Tch," Nami sniffed in disdain, but realized that his friend had a point... If he ever wanted to be a girl again, he needed to stick close to the deranged dog demon. Sighing, he plopped himself back on the couch and picked up a pen, scrawling out his signature on the paper; not being able to shake the feeling that he was signing a deal with the devil.

"This is actually coming along faster than I thought it would..." Saeko murmured as she exchanged a look with her secretary. Marilyn smiled widely, sighing in adoration and feeling very proud of her President. She knew that the woman would be able to do it, for Saeko, nothing was impossible. Literally.

"Well, then let me give you a tour of the house," Marilyn said cheerfully. "On the first level, as you can see, this is the Office," She gestured to the room much like a flight attendant would to the exit row of an airplane. "The kitchen, the living area, foyer..."

Nami grabbed the sides of his head and sighed as they were swept up in the woman's energy and pushed all over the apartment, finally coming to a stop in a large, brightly lit room that was tastefully decorated with burnished wooden furniture, essential electronics, a small kitchenette and two small mattresses on the floor.

Marilyn flung out her arms proudly. "This is your room, until we can figure out an answer to your 'little' problem, you will live here! We have anything that fits your basic needs in this room, please feel free to use it!"
Marilyn poked them both playfully in the forehead and happily bounced out of the room, high from her President's triumph with the boys.

"Will we be okay with the Dog Demon and her agency...?" Asahi asked bemusedly, a finger to his lips. "All of their other talents apparently quit..."

Nami growled and extended his arms upwards in exasperation. "Plus the President and the secretary are L's!" He shuddered at that, feeling shaken to the core. "And they're forcing us to debut as GUYS. Uggghh....!"

"Debuting as men huh...?" Asahi mused, mulling over the idea and finding himself not quite as bothered by it as his cohort. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out the purupuru that they had both almost died over and bit his lower lip... The reality was, that no matter how hard she had tried as a woman to become an idol, it just wouldn't happen for her. Maybe she was too plain... But here a prime opportunity had just fallen into her- now his, lap to pave a way for himself into the Entertainment industry.

Nami pulled out his phone and looked at it wistfully. They had both already decided that the police just were not an option, after all, they were safer here, in disguise, where the Snake-like man and his goons wouldn't be able to find them. But he had to wonder, what was so important about that toy that the men would be willing to kill for it?

Sighing, he fell backwards and flopped heavily onto one of the mattresses, it was all too much... Too much. Maybe if he went to sleep, he would wake up once more as Kawachi Nami, safe at home, female once again and in her own bed. Flopping an arm over his face, he cast a sideways glance at Asahi, who was still standing and looking thoughtfully at that accursed toy.

"What's wrong...?" Nami asked, sleep starting soften the edge of his voice.

"Haven't you ever felt frustrated while auditioning? Between being groped and harassed by perverted old men, being told that you're trash and worthless... That you'll never succeed? I'm already eighteen... This situation, regardless of how ridiculous and impossible it is... May be my last chance to be an Idol." Asahi said softly, earning an appreciative glance from Nami.

They were comrades in their own grand battle to become bonafide idols, having both suffered and endured, hoping to one day reap the fruits of their labor. And now it seemed that opportunity had finally knocked at their doors, though had presented itself in an unexpected form. If Asahi discarded it now... Would he ever be a woman again, would he ever achieve his dreams? He wasn't willing to risk it. And apparently, neither was Nami.

"I want to take the number one spot on Music 10 and prove them all wrong!" Asahi said determinedly, clenching a fist around the purupuru and clutching it to his chest. "I'll be a man, a man amongst men, I'll do whatever it takes!"

Nami blew out an exasperated puff of air. No one could ever accuse him of being an optimist, but with Asahi, he felt maybe there really was light at the end of the tunnel. Giving a wry smile, he lifted his arm off his face and got off the bed. If they really had to be guys to get back to who they were before... Then he would definitely do his best, even if it meant abandoning his female persona for a little while. With that decided, he strode towards Asahi and extended a hand.

"I'm Kai, and you?" He asked, giving a half cocked grin as he claimed his new persona.

Asahi smiled at that and took Kai's hand, giving it a firm, manly shake. "I'm Riku."

------------------------------------------------------

TBC =)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:53:14 PM by Katura »

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
Nice chapter... Now this is where  the "real" story will begin, right? I can't wait for Hinata to appear XD And of course... what would be Mendol without Ray :P And since Kai is now a real boy.... there's no problem anymore XD For now...
And I hope AKB girls will appear soon ^^

Offline Katura

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »
Haha, I actually think there will be even bigger problems for Kai. If you thought he was uncomfortable before... He's even more out of his element now. =P I'm debating that myself btw, but the girls should be making their debut within the next two chapters.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »
AKB48 x Mendol is one of my favorite crossovers (even though its technically under the AKB48 umbrella).
I like where this is going, and I also like that you make quick updates. Hope you never run in to a writer's block.  :nervous
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 09:05:55 PM »
Please continue~!!  :farofflook:
 :k-great:
I want more~!!  :mon squee:

Offline Katura

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
Haha, one of my biggest conundrums is that in reality, I'm a very recent fan of AKB48 and am still getting to know the girls through watching their TV appearances. If anyone can give me a general profile of their favorite girls and send me a PM containing it it would definitely help speed progress along.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »
^ You can alway check out the threads on this forums. There's like one thread for each girl.

And if the girls will make their debut, will Takamina, Miichan, and Kojiharu be there as well?

Offline hott3stson3

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • One Of A Kind
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 05:18:43 AM »
Ahhh!!!! U updated!!!!  :twothumbs
Lol, the story is hiilarious!! Please update soon,

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/AKB48
here's a website that gives u information about the members of AKB48
and you can pick a specific girl you would want to know better, it gives u other information 2 like what their favourite food is, who is their oshimen, ext...

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 09:44:07 AM »
Yeah! It's fun continued :twothumbs
Could the girl in part 2 be acchan?

Offline alexiel17

• Captain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • dead.... @__@
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 06:32:09 PM »
Eii!!! Nice story Katura san  :]  :on gay:

Umm.. sorry for the late comment  :kneelbow:... I was really busy and I'd just read this awhile ago... hehe    :mon sweat:

I'm wondering how will Hinata enter Persona's funny tragic fate...  Yup, still wondering... (And that's not the only thing that bothers me soooooo much... not gonna tell "what" that is bec. I might be wrong...  :sweat: :].... *smirk* ) But I'm still bothered about it (hope my hunch is wrong... oh, pls. oh pls. oh pls....  :mon curtain: :mon curtain: :mon curtain:)

Anyway, thanks soo much for the fast update (since my perv ninja is resting for now  :on drink: ... hehe :] )

Nee, Katura san,  hope you'll be able to put my favorite pair "Kojiyuu" in it :] and I'm really desperate for Kai♥Ray moments :]  hehe :mon thumb:

Really, thanks soo much for the story :]   :hee:
dead...

Offline Katura

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »
Author's notes- Great thanks for all the help guys. In particular mode107 for the interview translations and video links. :D I left a number of references to other dramas and even web-comics in this chapter. A cookie to the person who can guess which ones. Even just one of them... Especially the part about Kai in the bathroom. X3 I practically ripped that part straight off of one of my favorite LOL-worthy scenes. =)

Oh, and may I introduce my first AKB girl into the fray. ^_~ And I think you'll find that I have a love-love relationship with torturing poor Kai. *Cackles.* Oh well, enjoy. In Part two, we will FINALLY introduce Hinata.

Mendol~ A Man's World

Chp. 2 pt 1.

------------------------------------------------

5:45 AM

The rays of the morning sun filtered through the windows and cast the bedroom in a warm glow.

Riku yawned slowly, opening his eyes with a soft sigh as he stretched his arms to the side and arched his back until he heard an audible 'pop'. "Ahh..." He said softly, exhaling deeply through his nose before finally rolling into a sitting position.

"Hey Kai, you up?" Riku implored, looking over to Kai's mattress as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He blinked twice when he found that it was empty. "Now where did he..."

His question was promptly answered by a girlish scream coming from down the hall.

Without a second thought he bolted to his feet and ran out of the room, his long legs carrying him to the source of the commotion in a couple short strides.

'The bathroom...?' He thought to himself, what could possibly be so horrifying in the bathroom? Grabbing the doorknob and turning it, he blinked when he found that the door was locked.

"Kai?! Kai are you okay? What happened?!" He shouted, worry lacing his voice as he banged on the door with his fist.

He heard small sobs and sniffles coming from inside and shook his head, a deep frown creasing the lines of his face. But before he could implore any further into his bandmate's condition, Kai hiccuped and answered him.

"It... It won't go down! I don't know what to do! It's been like this for an HOUR! I don't want to touch it but I have to pee...." Kai cried out, his words cut off by intermittent hiccups.

Riku blushed and growled slightly, slapping a palm to his face. Was that all? "Kai no BAKA!" Grumbling sleepily, he stalked back to their room to start getting ready.

"You mean you're not gonna help me?!" Kai called out helplessly.

... And that was how Persona started their first day as 'Men Amongst Men'.

6:30 AM

Their dressing room was deathly quiet as Riku fought desperately with his fight or flight instinct by biting his lower lip and trying steel his will in preparation for the trial ahead.

"Kai... Hold my hand..." Riku sniffed as Kai looked over at him sympathetically, taking the man's hand firmly in his own as proud tears shimmered in his eyes. "Be strong Riku! It's almost over..."

The stylist's left eye twitched as her scissors sliced through the tall young man's girlishly long black hair. Riku flinched with every loch she had cut while the short one held his hand with a serious expression that looked absolutely ridiculous because he had enough aluminum foil in his bleached blond hair to catch satellite reception. 'Are they even guys...?'  Mariko sighed mentally, starting to regret that she had taken this gig in response to a favor that she had owed Saeko. It had been a last minute request that the President had called in the night before, and the fact that she had had to make her way over here so early had further piqued the stylist's ire.

"Hold still," She said firmly, taking Riku's head in her hands and turning his dismayed face to the mirror. "The more you cooperate with me the faster we can get you out of here."

Riku sniffled and nodded, earning a whap on the back of the head from Persona's new personal stylist, Shinoda Mariko.

"Itaa..." Riku hissed, casting an agitated look at her from his peripheral vision. Though he had to admit, in spite of  the cruel treatment she exacted upon him, he couldn't help but blush slightly when he looked at her. She was a tall, slender woman with short brown hair and a face that was refined and elegant with large eyes that were sharpened by a look of earnest attention and grave content characteristic of a skilled artisan. It was that expression that helped calm his jangled nerves, it was that expression that told him that they were in the hands of a true professional. That is, until she opened her mouth.

"I said. Hold. Still. Or so help me you 'will' be bald." She deadpanned. Riku stiffened up immediately, fighting back anxious tears.

Kai looked up at the pretty brown haired stylist and frowned at her. "You 'could' be a bit more sympathetic! You have no idea what he's going through right now!" The boy growled out, his intimidating aura diminished by a piece of aluminum foil that flopped directly into his eyes.

'I guess I really don't...' At that, Mariko stifled a laugh as she tried to refocus on the task at hand and started snipping away at the tall boy's hair. "Alright short stuff, I'll go easy on him." She said with a slight roll of her eyes.

"I~TE...! You're crushing my hand!" Kai yowled, at which point Riku blushed and relented as Kai turned his head to look at Mariko, apalled. "W-wait, what did you call me?!"

"Short, diminutive, runty... Need I spell it out any further chi-bi-ko?" A laugh caught in her nose and caused the stylist/model to snort in a rather undignified manner. At that Kai got up and growled but felt Riku's firm hand on his elbow. Growling in frustration, he wagged a finger at her and gritted his teeth before finally sitting down. This woman had a death wish!

"Oh Riku, I'm fine... I just really-"He hissed the word 'really' through his teeth. "-wish that maybe 'someone' in this room would kindly shut their stupid pie hole before I do it for them." He said, narrowing his eyes at the woman. "Skinny beanstalk witch..."

Mariko gave a serene smile that was belied by Riku's mewls of pain. "Ack! Quit pulling my hair!" He cried out helplessly, feeling Mariko's hand clench around fistful of hair.

An hour and a half later they were both washed, rinsed and dried. Mariko stepped back to inspect her work, chin in hand as she nodded in approval. Even by her standards, she had outdone herself.

"Wow... Is this really me?" Riku blinked, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he brushed a few errant strands of hair out of his face. The transformation had been total. His hairstyle was modern, fresh and immaculately groomed with a black base color that was tastefully streaked with dark red highlights. It was tapered up the back and sides to a longer, texturised and feathered length of hair that fell over his eyes in perfectly placed wisps. It told anyone that looked at the him that he was a gentleman first and foremost; one of discriminating tastes and the financial fortitude to afford a stylist to coif his mane to reflect those values. 

Even Kai, who threw her a dirty look, had to admit it... "Shinoda-san... You're amazing!" Kai said, happy that the accursed foil had finally been taken out of his hair. Bending over the vanity, he grinned at his reflection. 'So this is me huh?'  He thought, looking the boy that stared back at him admiringly. His hair had been transformed into a shocking blonde and high-lighted with bleach blonde streaks; it was tousled and stylishly unkempt with a slightly shaggy texture that gave the short young man a certain edge. It made him look dangerous and bold, a definite bad boy.

Riku winked at him, unable to hide his excitement. "I would definitely go out with you!"

"You know, I was thinking the same thing about you?" Kai grinned, grabbing Riku's hands as both of them jumped up and down together in girlish excitement.

Mariko, who had excused herself to go look for the outfits that they would wear for their first studio meeting paused and shot the boys an odd look.

"Um... Are you guys... Uh..." She started, not sure how to phrase her question as she stared at them with a raised eyebrow. "Together?"

"Of course we are!" Kai said excitedly, like a puppy with its tail wagging a mile a minute.

"Eh?" Mariko almost fell back. "You... A-are?"

"Of course, I thought Shachou already told you that we're in a band together!" He said, giving her a thumbs-up.

Riku, not quite as dense as his bandmate, buried his face in his palm. They must've looked really strange, no wonder she thought they might've been gay.

"Ehem... Uh, Shinoda-san, it's not what you think... We just got a, um... A little excited is all." He said, his face flushing slightly red. "Eh-heh... I guess there's a reason Shachou said that you were the best in the business." He laughed awkwardly, a hand to the back of his head.

Kai blinked, what had the stylist been thinking of? Creasing his brows, it took him all of few seconds to figure it out.

"Uwaah!! We're not, I'm not... That's gross!" The boy shuddered, looking at her with wide eyes, jumping away from Riku like he had been burned.

Mariko rolled her eyes and walked forward, shoving some clothes into their arms. "These will be your outfits for today, I have a few coordinated for anything that might come up." She said, gesturing to the racks upon racks of clothes and accessories that were arranged all over the sizable dressing room. "They're all arranged by occasion, and size: mediums, smalls and larges and when I get exact measurements I can put in an order for stage costumes."

"So... We'll have to wear men's clothes all the time?" Kai implored, a slight grimace on his face.

Mariko blinked and looked at him strangely as Riku coughed and elbowed his bandmate in the side. Kai grunted and glared up at the tall man with confusion written on his face.

"What? Oh-" Kai's eyes widened as realization came to him in a flood. "Er- I mean, all this, uh, fancy stuff? Don't we get uh... Casual wear too?" He ventured, trying to cover for his slip.

"Uh... Yes, you do. I arranged the casual wear into that closet over there," Mariko said, pointing a well-manicured finger towards a walk-in closet in the corner of the dressing room. "Anyway-"

A knock at the door alerted the three and Kai ran over to answer open it, glad for the respite from the awkwardness of the situation. Marilyn walked into the room, putting both hands to her face while her mouth formed a perfect 'O'.

"You guys look fantastic! Shinoda-san, you've outdone yourself!" She exclaimed. The president had been right to call in a favor from Mariko, she had utterly transformed their looks, and even in sweatpants and t-shirts they still looked like superstars.

Mariko bowed politely, her mouth twisting into a confident grin. "My thoughts exactly."

Turning toward the boys, Marilyn clasped her hands together and gave them a cheerful smile. "Today we will be recording Persona's first single. Shachou is already waiting downstairs for you two. How long will it take you to get ready?"

A thrill of excitement went though both their bodies like a tree struck during a lightning storm. This was it! They were recording their first song. Even given their current circumstance, they couldn't help but grin ear to ear. Their dreams were finally beginning to morph into reality.

"Give us 3 seconds!" Riku called out, taking off his t-shirt as Kai also began to strip off his clothes, the short young man beginning to hum a tune to himself.

"Gahh!! At least wait for me to leave the room!" Mariko barked, blushing hotly as the two bare-chested boys looked at her with perplexed expressions. It wasn't like it was anything she hadn't seen-

'OH!' Both groaned inwardly, girlishly crossing their hands over their chests as the stylist stalked past them, her face as red as a tomato.

'... They have to be gay...' She thought exasperatingly. However, before she left, Mariko cast a furtive glance from the corner of her eye at the boys and her blush deepened. Even 'she' had to admit that their bodies were incredibly attractive. Lean, sleek and well-built with broad manly shoulders. In particular Riku's muscular and well-defined chest caught her attention.

'Why are good looks always wasted on the gay ones...?' She sighed mentally, shaking her head as she and Marilyn hurriedly excused themselves from the room.

"Don't keep us waiting!" Marilyn said cheerily from the other side of the door.

Kai and Riku sighed in concert as they got dressed. Kai softly hummed to himself, going back to the tune he had made up when Riku had said '3 seconds'. The tune eventually morphed into words as he slipped on the shirt that had been chosen for him. "Sanbyou mitsumeru dake de..."

Riku glanced at Kai and smiled as he pulled up his slacks, making up some lyrics on the spot to add to the tune.  "Otoshite miseyou ka..."

They both exchanged looks and laughed as they finished dressing and headed out the door, still quietly humming the tune in their heads.

----------------------------------------------

Marilyn looked at the two boys with eyes that shone with unabashed pride. Riku had donned a dark colored custom tailored Italian suit coupled with a tight, wide v-neck black shirt cut low on his chest and a stylishly skinny black tie inlaid with silver reflective material to offset the darkness of the outfit. Tasteful slip-on black leather shoes, a gun-metal gray Rolex and black-gray Prada aviator sunglasses brought the whole look together. The tall young man looked like he had just stepped off the cover of an Italian fashion magazine.

"You guys look perfect!" She said excitedly. "Now just remember, you're men now, be aware of any and all that you do. Rumors spread like wild fire in the industry."

They both nodded in affirmation.

"Osu!"

Kai turned and patted Riku's back.

"Lookin' good Riku," Kai grinned, giving him a thumbs up as Riku flicked a wrist at him in a 'p'shaw' movement.

"You're not half-bad youself partner." Riku said, giving him a lop-sided smile. His blonde band mate had gone in a completely different direction in style; decked out in fitted dark gray corduroy slacks that sat squarely on his hips coupled with a black and silver stud belt. He also wore an untucked tight-fitting white v-neck graphic tee printed with a watercolor Chinese tiger tastefully inlaid with an opaque gray brush-pen; the sleeves had been cut mid-forearm. An open light gray tweed vest and studded black wristbands, fingerless leather gloves and black converse sneakers helped the strapping young man personify the look of a hard core punk rocker. 

Though their mannerisms still needed work, Marilyn couldn't help but be excited as she felt ever more assured that these young men would be the key to fulfilling the president's ultimate dream. Shachou gave them a blithe smirk and looked at them appraisingly. Pleased, she opened the door.

"Shall we, gentlemen?" She said, her voice as silk as the two gave her a wary look then glanced at each other, a determined smile on both their faces.

"Osu!" They chorused.

---------------------------------------------

They were at the studio within a half hour and Riku and Kai waited anxiously at the door as Marilyn and Shachou entered the studio to debrief the crew. A few minutes later the two made their exit and paused to speak to the boys before they left.

"No monkey business, this is work and you have to at least keep up the pretense that you're industry professionals." Shachou hissed. "And remember..." She smacked both their legs apart so that they stood in a manly stance instead of scrunched up in girlish anxiety like they had before. "You're MEN, men amongst men! Act like it." Her eyes narrowed in a look that said 'or else'.

Kai and Riku gulped audibly.

"O-Osu!"

"These people will take good care of you, I trust that you will return the favor," The president said, not hiding the underlying threat in her voice as she finally took her leave. "I will be back after I've finished conducting business here at the building."

Marilyn, who was about to bounce after her beloved President, paused and gave Kai and Riku encouraging smiles. "You'll do great! I believe in you guys." With that bit of encouragement passed on, she left.

Kai sighed and turned around, about to open the door when it suddenly opened on its own and he was faced with the bespectacled hazel eyes of a brunette foreigner with her hair done up in a loose ponytail.

"Ahh... You guys must be 'Persona', don't worry, we don't bite, come in, come in!" She said in heavily accented Japanese, ushering the petrified duo into the studio.

Whirling around, she flashed them both a disarming smile. "My name is Cammi, Cammi Shimizu," They both raised their eyebrows at the Japanese last name, but then realized that the woman they had thought was a foreigner was actually half Japanese. "I'm the presiding studio tech. I'll be supervising most of the activities here and providing support at the mixing console, and these lovely people." She made a flourishing gesture with her arms to the rest of the crew, who gave mixed expressions of exasperation at the eccentric studio tech as they waved awkwardly at the duo. "Are your studio crew! We're all here to help."

Kai tugged a bit at the collar of his shirt, flashing a charming smile that belied his nervousness. "Hey... I'm Kai."

Riku gulped, not handling his introduction as deftly as his band mate. "H-hi.... Er, Um, my Riku is name, I mean, -er, mynameisRiku!" He let the entire sentance out in one breath and the people in the room exchanged expressions ranging from amusement to confusion. The women in the studio giggled at the handsome young Idol's nervousness.

"I believe that you'll find that we're all professionals that are very good at what we do, these are your musicians," Cammi said, sitting down next to a lanky young Korean man with long, pulled back raven hair and a disarmingly baritone voice that was belied by his delicate appearance.

"My name is Tae Kyung." He said simply, picking up an electric guitar from the floor and pulling the sling over his shoulders.

"And I'm Jeremy!" An impossibly blonde young Korean man in thick rimmed black glasses called out to them from behind the drums, grinning ear to ear. "Nice to meet 'ya!"

"Nice to make your acquaintance, I'm Shuichi," Said a casually dressed young man with dyed copper hair at the mixing table. "I'm the mixing tech, I'll be working with Cammi."

Riku and Kai both bowed politely and the group exchanged brief pleasantries before finally getting down to business.

"What kind of sound are you looking for?" Tae Kyung asked bluntly, his voice deep and indifferent.

"Well... I guess..." Riku rubbed the back of his head, not quite sure how to begin.

Kai grinned and slapped his partner on the back. "I think something like this-" He said, singing the few lines that they had made up before they left.

Tae Kyung strummed a few experimental chords, following the beat he had been given with impeccable precision as Jeremy scribbled down a few notes and began to tap out a beat. Riku smiled as the rest of the crew joined them, giving inputs here and there, building an instant camaraderie with the two charming young talents without even knowing.

A half an hour later Kai frowned deeply, feeling a sudden, horrifying urge. 'Oh no... Not again...' He thought, sweating slightly as he got up and excused himself.

'Why...?' He asked himself, sighing inwardly as he scrunched his legs together in an attempt to stifle the urge as he walked down the hall. 'Why did God design men this way...?"

He thought about his horrible first experience 'going' as a man earlier that morning and shuddered as he finally found the door he was looking for and entered the bathroom, only to be met with multitudes of girlish screams. 

"Oh my god!"

"EEeek!"

"A pervert! Get out, get out!"

Kai screamed right back, both his hands going to his face as he looked from side to side. "Where?!"

... A few minutes later.

Kai sported a big red hand-shaped welt on his right cheek as he grumbled, walking into the men's restroom. "Women... Tch... I didn't even do anything!" He lamented, frustration tightening his voice as he pushed open a stall and lifted up the seat, something he had just learned to do this morning. 'Aiming', given his previous, rather embarrassing condition that morning, was almost impossible and the poor toilet seat had paid the price.

With a sigh, he unzipped his pants and began to do his business in the stall, it wasn't as bad this time. At least 'it' wasn't doing anything funny like this morning. But then suddenly, it hit him.

"Ughhhh!! What's that smell?!" He hissed in disgust, looking down into the toilet. His eyes widened in horror. Some SLOB had forgotten to flush the toilet, disgusting!

"Oh grr-ooosss..." He made a face and leaned forward, pushing down the flush lever.

*Flush, Cooooosshh, gurgle.*

Kai's eyes widened to the size of saucers as the bowl began filling up at a distressingly fast rate of speed. He had to escape! But alas, the poor boy had already started peeing!  'Think, think, think!' He thought desperately, looking around the stall and finally catching sight of a plunger behind the toilet.

"A-ha! The plunger should make short work of this!" He said triumphantly, grabbing the plunger and furiously shoving it into the toilet.

*Kashonk,koshonk,koshonk!*

*PSHHHHH!!!!*

To Kai's horror, the toilet had exploded into a literal geyser and his shoes and other items of clothing were being filled with fluids best not decribed! And the pee, OH GOD the pee!!

"I can't stop it!" Kai screamed, now literally soaked from head to toe with quite possibly the most disgusting fluids imaginable. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

15 minutes later

Kai growled as he stalked down the halls, his shoes squishing with every step he made. "Who the HELL doesn't flush the toilet?!" He hissed, turning red as people looked at the thoroughly soaked boy strangely as he passed by. "MEN are disgusting!"

He had the worst luck in the world, he was sure of it, THE worst luck. He had to have been a mass murdering serial rapist in his previous life to have earned such a cruel fate. How was he supposed to go back to the studio like this?!

'....' Speaking of going back to the studio...

'WHERE THE HELL AM I?!' He screamed in his mind, whipping his head from side to side as he realized he had NO idea where he was.

---------------------------------------------

TBC (Poor Kai...)  :nervous
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:06:42 AM by Katura »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Teppu Surudokunatte