JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyde - Evergreen

Author Topic: [TV] Produce 48  (Read 26316 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Produce 48
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2018, 02:11:57 AM »
It’s a New Page!  :deco:

Slowly learning about the Korean Trainees, but here
is the person who stands out the most of everyone:

[PRODUCE 48] The Many Faces of Bae Yoon Jeong
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:21:31 AM by muppet »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »

Yena taking care of that idol image... :lol:

Roster updates after ep 4

Choi Yena (Yehua, 1999)

Yena's a bit like this season's Choi Yoojung... she's a versatile performer and a goofball. Her voice is cute and a little husky, it stands out really well. Still my #1.
Ahn Yujin (Starship, 2003)

Yujin is definitely the frontrunner here, she has so much potential and is ready to try out everything. Great visual, a little goofy and ambitious. Many facets here really.
Heo Yunjin (Pledis, 2001)

Motivated Jiyeon really shined as a center and got rewarded. She'll go far.
Lee Chaeyeon (WM, 2000)

I was surprised by her vocals, she sounded great. Of course mnet filtered the fuck out of everything but still.
Yoon Eunbin (CNC, 2004)

I'm really glad her team won, because she might be the first and only member of my team to get eliminated next week. Fingers crossed.
Park Haeyoon (FNC, 1996)

Angel leader, stellar performer, wonderful main vocal, praised by the judges. She's definitely a keeper.
Miru Shiroma (NMB48, 1997)

Not much Miru in the episode, but it seems like she's enjoying herself.
Nako Yabuki (HKT48, 2001)

Sky's the limit for Nako the Ultimate Popularity Queen.
Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48, 1998)

Despite how eyecatching she is, I'm starting to get a little tired of her shtick and painfully average skills. Might drop her if this keeps going on every week.
Aoi Motomura (HKT48, 1997)

Oof not much screentime here, but she's still cute as fuck.
Miyu Takeuchi (AKB48, 1996)

Oh, Miyu is still on this show? Yup, in that big yellow thing. Screentime, please.
Lee Haeun (MNH, 2004)

Solid performance although her audition remains her best work.

So yeah, no changes to the roster this week either, I decided to wait until after eliminations. Watchlist & Contenders:

Miu Shitao - Wonderful visual, great dancer
Jang Wonyoug - She pretty much has it all, a born idol, although I still find her vocals a bit too baby-like, but I can cope
Hitomi Honda - Extreme cutie-pie, great dancer

And a bunch of others, really... I'd just end up mentioning 20 people or something...

--

And only top 58 will remain after this week's episode. Prayer circle and goat sacrifice for Yoon Eunbin and Park Jinny (mercilessly shafted)... many other cuties will be going home too, well, that's business as usual with Produce but still rough every time.. prepare your tissues. ;___;
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:32:09 PM by Stryfe »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 03:30:22 AM »
Chiyori pretty much uses this face in
ALL of her gags, but finally Destiny!

Chiyori X Bae Yoon Jung

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/HeartRate_jam/status/1015959302593380353

Oh my, quite the fan art  :shocked:  L->R T->B: Sae Murase, Lee Kaeun, Nako Yabuki, Miu Shitao

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 10:10:50 PM »
This person made some fun artwork as well: https://twitter.com/D_Shuyu

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
^ Ah these are great, five (probably six soon) of my team members in there too!

:bow:

--

Backstage fluff <3 always fun to watch!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »
MNET decides to give the Trainees a little soothing relaxation time......

PRODUCE48 [단독/5회] ′웃음 지뢰 짤 대방출′ 반전의 뷰티 클래스 180713 EP.5

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:22 PM »

Oof, well, that's first eliminations over and done with, how is everyone doing? Lose any favorites? Always rough, I lost Yoon Eunbin and Park Jinny, and many others I've been keeping an eye on, it's never easy... at least there's always all those individual cams and moments that'll never vanish.

--

Anyway, next up are there position evaluations. The girls will pick a dance or a vocal group, then practice and perform just like the last time. One difference here is (if it's like season 1) is that vocal groups focus on the vocals and will be singing live (example 1) while the dance groups pre-record the vocals and concentrate on the dance choreography and performance (example 2).

The performances have now been held and filmed so there are again plenty of audience eyewitness accounts around. You can read some of them in this tweet thread by Yubseyo, spoiler warning obviously.

Roster updates after ep 5

Choi Yena (Yehua, 1999) 1st Elimination Rank: #9

Still going strong, although her goofy influence has waned a bit, hope she keeps getting fun edits.
Ahn Yujin (Starship, 2003) #2

Flawless and fun once again. She should overtake Kaeun in the next ranking now that the votes are reset and that Pledis pre-vote isn't as strong.
Heo Yunjin (Pledis, 2001) #22

Beautiful, dorky. Kirin-chan is a concept and a meme already. Most definitely on the rise.
Lee Chaeyeon (WM, 2000) #10

She's not JUST a great dancer, there's a few fun and dorky moments here and there, especially in the Shouting In Silence segment and some backstage vids.
Miu Shitao (AKB48, 2001) #36

Wonderful visual, talented dancer, butt aficionado, country bumpkin. I really like her more and more every day.
Park Haeyoon (FNC, 1996) #43

Surprisingly low ranking looking at all of her accomplishments. Could use a bit of an angel edit, or any edit will do since she is an actual angel.
Miru Shiroma (NMB48, 1997) #16

Got some nice "sexy+cute" votes from other trainees, got tormented by Soyou (not sure she hated it tho...)
Nako Yabuki (HKT48, 2001) #7

Unsurprisingly rose into the top 12. Aiming for top 5, and I'd say it's very feasible next ranking.
Jang Wonyoung (Starship, 2004) #3

As I implied previously, Jang Wonyoung has this idol thing down to a tee. She and Yujin are a pretty formidable (and dorky) duo.
Aoi Motomura (HKT48, 1997) #44

Still there, still amazingly cute. Hope she gets some screentime.
Miyu Takeuchi (AKB48, 1996) #11

Her speech was perfect and people seemed to like it a lot. Now, screentime, please!
Lee Haeun (MNH, 2004) #35

Spunky Fetus has been solid throughout, although she should avoid crying, not a good look for her haha.

Out:

Yoon Eunbin - sadly eliminated. Despite getting plenty of love in the pre-show stuff, her rare moments on the actual show didn't manage to captivate enough people.
Sakura Miyawaki - she's just been so painfully average performing and her shtick is growing slightly tiresome. I'll continue keeping an eye on her, because how can you not?

Watchlist:

Hitomi Honda - Extreme cutie-pie, great dancer
Sakura Miyawaki - you got the goods, now show me something interesting

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2018, 11:50:14 PM »
Just in case anyone is just starting to follow....here are the 58 remainers
in clip below

For this viewer - Lee Gaeun, Lee Chaeyon, and Lee Haeun have all been impressive.

Here’s to you Lee Chaeyon!

TOP 58] PRODUCE 48 OFFICIAL RANKING EP 5 [180713]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:01:07 AM by muppet »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
Let's see what we have now that the dust has settled.

First, a quick look at some of my favorites who didn't make the cut.

- Ikumi Nakano: Such bad luck to end up at #59. To be honest, I've been quite disappointed with her performance.
We know for a fact that she is a great dancer, but she completely failed to show it.
They even portrait her as a bad dancer, since she's lacking some basic techniques apparently. So yeah, not sure what happened here.

- Kang Damin: Going out with an A-rank must hurt. There is a lot of competition in the 'cute maknae' category and I guess she drew the short straw.

- Yoon Eunbin: Very sad to see her go. She has a unique vibe, which I guess didn't appeal to enough people.
Amazing dancer, very cute. I hope she'll keep at it, because I want to see her again in the future.

- Park Jinny: She said it herself on Instagram; nothing she did got aired. She blew me away with her charisma from the first second of her introduction video.
Her eyes so are so pretty, she's like a fox. This is the second major setback in her trainee years, so I'm not sure what'll happen to her now.

- Yuka Asai: Mad cute. Her peers (Sato Minami, Chiba Erii) upstaged her.
I'm really glad I got to learn about her existance through this show. Let's hope her experiences ghere will benefit her in SKE48.

- Ahn Yewon: I really like this type of girl. We've had similar types in AKB48 (Suzuki Shihori comes to mind), but they always do poorly in popularity rankings.

- Choi Soeun: She ranked pretty much last (89 out of 92) and that just blows my mind. Did you guys see her introduction video?
She was energetic, eloquent, funny, good rapper. Like Jinny, they barely showed her. The segments that did air weren't that good unfortunately.

------

Now let's take a look at the girls who did make it and update the roster to 12 again with some new names!

:up 01. Kim Chaewon: She actually got a lot of really good expoure this episode. She even got voted in the top 7 visual centers by the other members. She's back as my number one as well.

:down 02. Jang Won Young: I don't really have to explain anymore, I think everybody sees her charm.

:same 03. Jo Yuri: She's entertaining and has an amazing voice.

:same 04. Yabuki Nako: Born to be an idol. Glad her charms made it across the Japanese border.

:same 05. Lee Sian: I like her look and serious attitude.

:new 06. Kang Hye Won: She's a bit of an underdog. Not that great at anything, but you can't not look at her when she's on stage.

:new 07. Choi Yena: Like Jo Yuri, she's just a pleasure to watch. Very entertaining.

:new 08. Kim Hyunah: With Jinny gone, I need to feast my eyes on someone else, haha. Great performer for sure.

:new 09. Wang Yiren: Like the trainees mentioned, she's simply very pretty. Her gracefulness really gives her an edge over the others.

:new 10. Goto Moe: To be honest, I fear they are building her up a little too much. She's can't sing nor dance that well. I hope she won't crack under the pressure. That said, she is charming and I think she'll become a valuable member in the group.

:new 11. Lee Chaeyeon: I didn't really like her at first, but this episode showed a different side of her. She's already good, so I'm looking forward to seeing her develop even further.

:new 12. Kim Sohee: Not sure who to pick for this spot, but I have a weakness for the Woolim girls. Sohee, not sohee.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:44:42 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
- Choi Soeun: She ranked pretty much last (89 out of 92) and that just blows my mind. Did you guys see her introduction video?
She was energetic, eloquent, funny, good rapper. Like Jenny, they barely showed her. The segments that did air weren't that good unfortunately.

Shit, I didn't even realize she was that low, also I almost forgot she was there! They buried the fuck out of her, dammit.

:new 11. Lee Chaeyeon: I didn't really like her at first, but this episode showed a different side of her. She's already good, so I'm looking forward to seeing her develop even further.

I was just gonna post this actually haha. She's hilarious in it, as are many others. Great segment. :rofl:

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2018, 07:09:30 AM »
Finally! BoA is shown her propers by this vocal team,
and the arrangement and performance of
Meri Kuri is wonderful!

PRODUCE48 [6회] ′행복을 부르는 보이스′ 첫눈ㅣ보아 ♬메리크리 @포지션 평가 180720 EP.6
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:14:39 AM by muppet »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2018, 09:58:59 PM »
Ep06 review let's go!

- Na Goeun VS Jo Yuri: Both of these girl can sing very well, but to me Goeun's voice sounds very generic in the sense that it lacks character. On the contrary, every time Yuri opens her mouth I'm blow away. Plus her voice is easily identifiable, which is also an important factor.

- Kang Hye Won the rapper: Did she seriously not know she was supposed to write her own rap? If so, that's pretty bad. Otherwise it's a kinda sneaky way to appeal. Her frustration looked genuine, so I won't hold that against her. The rapping wasn't special, but damn she's beautiful.

- Han Cho Won: Her voice was really good during the performance. It has a tad more character than Goeun in my opinion. I actually know a girl who looks just like her, but I never got along well with her, haha. I know I aren't supposed to dislike Cho Won for it, but every time I see her I'm reminded of that.

- Lee Sian the center: She tends to have this blank expression a lot of the time, which I really like, haha. But honestly, given this team, picking her as the center was probably not the right thing to do. She did well, but yeah, I think this caused her more frustration than it was worth.

- Park Hae Yoon: In my initial evaluation post I wrote: "I don't like this style of vocals at all." I can't remember what she sang at the time, but boy was I wrong. This performance was so good, I actually got a little teary eyed. It's interesting, because I never noticed this girl before at all.

- Team Dance Aces: Usually when multiple talented people get together it becomes a mess. So props to Eunbi for constantly re-evaluating everything. Actually, props to Eunbi again for the actual performances as well, because she is the one who stood out to me the most.

Ranking update:
:same 01. Kim Chaewon: she came out with a ponytail!!!
:up 02. Jo Yuri: epic vocals
:down 03. Jang Won Young: still great
:same 04. Yabuki Nako: born to be an idol
:up 05. Wang Yiren: graceful
:same 06. Kang Hye Won: gorgeous klutz
:new 07. Shiroma Miru: she's still growing on me
:up 08. Goto Moe: genuine
:down 09. Lee Sian: majime
:down 10. Choi Yena: all round entertaining
:down 11. Kim Hyunah: eye candy
:new 12. Park Hae Yoon: surprise of the week

Out:
Kim Sohee: cute, but failed to impress
Lee Chaeyeon: yeah, not really my type after all

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »
There is a nifty ranker! https://produce48.github.io

Notice the perfect balance of the Japanese trainees' positions. :3

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2018, 02:30:30 AM »
Finally! BoA is shown her propers by this vocal team,
and the arrangement and performance of
Meri Kuri is wonderful!

PRODUCE48 [6회] ′행복을 부르는 보이스′ 첫눈ㅣ보아 ♬메리크리 @포지션 평가 180720 EP.6

Have rewatched that^ performance several times - it was an amazing group performance

Meri Kuri is a widely loved song in Japan, listen to these fans at BoA’s concert from several years ago (2005ish?):

[HD] BoA + Fans - メリクリ

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2018, 07:02:02 PM »

Here's Aoi Motomura's individual cam for "Handclap". I'm posting it coz it's great, Aoi is amazingly cute and fantastic in it... and she's most definitely gone come next elimination. Shafted. Sadness.

So yeah, individual cams are out, go check 'em out at the usual place.

Roster Updates after ep 6

Choi Yena (Yuehua, 1999) #9

Not the greatest idea to pick a group with all the popular girls in it. Did well, looked fantastic, but didn't particularly stand out.
Ahn Yujin (Starship, 2003) #2

Like with Yena, did great but was surrounded by even better dancers... stellar visual and great pronunciation, would love to hear her english some more.
Heo Yunjin (Pledis, 2001) #22

Only a couple of fleeting (beautiful) moments in ep 6, but aced the vocals and visuals in her cam. Already #10 and possibly still rising.
Miu Shitao (AKB48, 2001) #36

Another of my favorites who wasn't featured in this episode. Her cam was faaaaantastic, however, and once again viewers agree.
Nako Yabuki (HKT48, 2001) #7

Nako fighting for #1 is something I didn't quite see coming. Should be interesting. Not much of her in ep 6, cam was solid, tho, with her decent, unique vocals on display.
Park Haeyoon (FNC, 1996) #43

Getting more moments to shine and impress with her vocals, her rank was already #30 and should improve further in the next ranking.
Miru Shiroma (NMB48, 1997) #16

Stood out not really dance-wise, but performance-wise. Also might have had some fans in the audience but still, did good. Sexay.
Miyu Takeuchi (AKB48, 1996) #11

Another round of "Wheeeeeeere's Miyu?" According to eyewitnesses, her perf was... not great, but the cam seems fine. Could be some angel editing (angel processing?) of course.
Aoi Motomura (HKT48, 1997) #44

Her Handclap cam was utterly fantastic, I'm just afraid it's probably too late and I'm not seeing enough cam views to suggest otherwise.
Lee Chaeyeon (WM, 2000) #10

Dorkface did good dancing.
Jang Wonyoung (Starship, 2004) #3

Haven't seen so many "That made me feel really awkward" postings on forums before... lmao... Well, what can you do.
Han Chowon (Cube, 2002) #47

The darkest of horses. I went back to watch her intro and audition and it just baffles me how bad choices those were. Her voice was a real surprise.

Watchlist

Lee Haeun - Just awkward screencaps this week, and not much happening in general, so demoted for now. Cam was fine, however... might not be enough to save her.
Kwon Eunbi - Really growing on me. Great leadership skills and a fantastic dancer.
Hitomi Honda - Super cute, great dancer. Lurking just behind my top 12 for quite some time.
Jo Yuri - Fantastic vocals as usual. Without Haeyoon I'd be really tempted to include her just to get a main vocal.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2018, 10:07:05 PM »
Ok, let's write down some thoughts on the BEST EPISODE EVER! lol

Team New World

- Kim Chaewon got so much good screentime! Her story was interesting, she showed improvement on various aspects and she looked amazing throughout.
- The comment about her singing as a robot is interesting, because I feel she sings in the typical Woollim style I know from Lovelyz. Her performance was excellent.
- Nako giving the center position away worked well on two levels. It made her look good and I feel Huh Yunjin did a much better job.
- About Huh Yunjin, I really liked her performance, but somehow it lacked the emotion Park Haeyoon showed us last week.
- Erii's hype seems to have passed, but at least she provided us with some laughs again.
- The ranking for this group was INSANE. I felt there was a slim chance Chaewon could beat Nako, so that was already great. But then I was like "Why are they dragging out the battle for #1?". I can't believe Chaewon actually won it. Holy crap. I didn't know whether to scream, cry or laugh. So happy for her.

Team Aoi

- From the start, Kim Choyeon seemed to be fixated on the sexy concept, because apparently that's her thing. I think Aoi was spot on in saying to should be cheerful and genki to fit the song.
- Aoi did great, and she probably didn't deserve to ranked last. However! Honestly? She really was invisible to some extent. I blame her outfit. The dark green didn't stand out at all, especially in combination with her black hair. The others all had some color accent.
- My eyes were actually drawn to Mako most of the performance. She looked hot.
- I feel Sae's appeal with the butt shake was a bit cheap. Can't believe that worked.
- The one who truly was invisible was Muto. Nothing against her, but I didn't notice her at all.

Team BTS

- Kinda done with the Gyuri sob stories at this point tbh.
- Poor Saho, to be in a team with three people being good at Korean.
- Really happy for Myao. I mean, at one point in AKB48 she was destined to be the next Mayuyu, but then it all went downhill. It's cool she can showcase her love for Korea in such a way.

Team Leftovers

- When you look up 'woman' in the dictionary, you see a picture of Kim Hyuna.
- Actually, Lee Sian pwnd this segment with her reaction at 1:03:40

Team Touch

- Kim Minju looks so much like Kang Hyewon. IIRC they came out after each other during the introduction episode as well.
- Miu and Hitomi looked good this performance.

Team Girl Crush

- Props to Bibian. She sang well and looked charming.
- Park Seo Young has such a lousy attitude. I hate how she still outranked Bibian, despite not even knowing her own lyrics.
- Sakura looked a bit goofy, but she tried her best. But yeah, this doesn't suit her. She's not a badass, haha.

Ranking announcement

- Kim Chaewon got third overall! That's just amazing. Hopefully it'll reflect in the online votes as well, but with the 5K bonus and this excellent exposure, making top 30 shouldn't be a problem.
- Miru got robbed. How in the world did Sae win this?!

As for my own ranking, I'm replacing Goto Moe with Kojima Mako.

:same 01. Kim Chaewon
:same 02. Jo Yuri
:same 03. Jang Won Young
:same 04. Yabuki Nako
:same 05. Wang Yiren
:up 06. Shiroma Miru
:down 07. Kang Hye Won
:up 08. Choi Yena
:same 09. Lee Sian
:up 10. Park Hae Yoon
:down 11. Kim Hyunah
:new 12. Kojima Mako

[HD] BoA + Fans - メリクリ

Awesome clip!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:32:26 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2018, 06:32:16 AM »
Props to Mnet for following certain teams as they progress

In these clips it is Team Girl Crush (Ep 7 Part 21)

Ruh Roh!
Park Seo Young’s idea
to add dance is not
liked by anybody...

[Engsub] Produce 48 Full EP7-Part 21
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:54:04 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2018, 06:35:55 AM »
Followed by Part 22

Kim Do Ah was right to
question the original
dance plans-
She momentarily loses her s_it,
But realises she has to save the team

Meanwhile, Judges see Vivian has made progress with
Singing In Korean, giving her some confidence
building recognition...
Happy Vivian!

[Engsub] Produce 48 Full EP7-Part 22
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:31:04 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2018, 06:39:34 AM »
Part 23

Kim Do Ah was smokin’!

Vivian sugoi!

[Engsub] Produce 48 Full EP7-Part 23
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:00:21 AM by muppet »

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyde - Evergreen