JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - ready steady go

Author Topic: [2008/08] "Cinderella the Musical" Morning Musume and Takarazuka Revue  (Read 115541 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [2008/08] "Cinderella the Musical" Morning Musume and Takarazuka Revue
« Reply #480 on: December 08, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »
downloaded act 1 subtitled, but not watching it yet, I want to wait for act 2 and so i could watch it all in one go.  but I did skip thru it and it does look fun and a great musical. 

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #481 on: December 09, 2008, 07:48:46 AM »
^ act2 is up now on H!O

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2008, 09:09:58 PM »
Just watched the whole thing, major props for the subbing, Dan. Also kudos for not going for any coloured fonts or stuff like that. Good subs are the ones that you won't even notice while watching.

It was a fun show, everyone did good, no-one annoyed the shit out of me! Aichan looked fucking fantastic. Only bummer was that there was no kissing! C'mon, girls!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »
Seem's I'm always last ^^
Finally watched the whole thing.
Everyone did great and Risa is one hot prince  :wub:

But I was a bit disappointed with the music, it was too repetetive over and over the same themes again and again and there wasn't one song I could say I like - really like. With RnK every song was stuck in my head for months and I liked all of them, so this was a bit of a letdown for me.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #484 on: January 07, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »

But I was a bit disappointed with the music, it was too repetetive over and over the same themes again and again and there wasn't one song I could say I like - really like. With RnK every song was stuck in my head for months and I liked all of them, so this was a bit of a letdown for me.

You have to blame Rodgers and Hammerstein for that, after all this is a Japanese adaptation of the R & H musical, using their music and only translating the lyrics

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #485 on: January 07, 2009, 06:46:04 AM »

You have to blame Rodgers and Hammerstein for that, after all this is a Japanese adaptation of the R & H musical, using their music and only translating the lyrics

LOL I was going to say that. Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote a lot of famous musicals, but after the initial idea they seem to get lazy writing the actual musical.
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »

I know that the music isn't H!P's fault  :lol:
But since I never watched the R&H version or any musical version of Cinderella I didn't know what to expect.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #487 on: February 05, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »
So I'm a crazy person and should have gone to bed much earlier yesterday, but I couldn't get "A Lovely Night" out of my head, so I decided to take into my own hands and make my own CD using the DVD.

Find it at the asshole!

So weird typing that.  :lol:

Offline jhluva

• Member+
« Reply #488 on: February 06, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »
I think it's so cute they did a R&H musical... I love R&H, their music is kind of simple, but classic.
~*~HAPPY PRINCESS SPARKLES... OR SOMETHING~*~

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - ready steady go