JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Yoru no Mukou

Author Topic: [NEWS] Mano Erina: Ongaku Gatas & H!P Egg graduation, will debut solo  (Read 14043 times)

Offline Ahiko

• Member+
  • °C-ute Cutie Power = the BEST!
She's cute but that's all maybe i'm not that much interested in OG to look up at her. IMO it's ok when Tsunku feels to make her as a Soloist why not, but well just not interested in her as other Groups or Members :)

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
And I think it's a bit deluded to say that other Eggs in Ongaku Gatas are somehow much better than her vocally.
OG has the appeal, but not the vocals. There are people in OG who are vocally stronger than Mano, but that's not saying much.

Back in her graduation, Konno didn't have the beautiful vocals she has know (see her Uta Doki appearances). So there's still chance for Mano, who will probably start getting major trainement and attention so she can have the best case scenario before she debuts, and maybe a few years later she can hold a concert by her own.

How much has Koharu's lack of talent in singing held back her career? Well?
Kirarin has the whole anime thing going for her ("solo" singles, merchandise, all the extra-MM stuff). Koharu is popular as Kirarin. Not so much as Koharu (specially outside Japan). Do we even know what kind of image will Mano have? Aimed at kids (which doesn't insta equal anime stuff, she may get kiddy songs who aren't anime songs), sugary sweet loli stuff, maybe a continuation of the upbeat OG songs? In jpop, an artist's image IS important. In Mano's case... well, wota like young girls. That's why her merchandise sells good. Though if UFA wants to make her a long-term soloist, they better not cater her exclusively to the wota.

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
This news was surprising and not-so-surprising at the same time. I mean, she does get some attention (even when she was an Egg), but it's still surprising to me. I do hope she gets better at singing and has a good career, though.

Offline Kuja

• Member+
Well this is interesting news. I fail to see the soloist in her right now, but I don't doubt that I'll be seeing it after some good training. I wish her career all the best.

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Well I don't know about the people disappointed or hating the news, but hey, I'm gonna party and celebrate!!  :muffin: MANOERI! /does the wota dance/

:wub: :heart: :inlove: :otomerika:

Offline Himalia

• Unofficial Mr. Moonlight
  • Member+
why to make her a soloist, before many other deserving Eggs
Because out of all the Eggs, she makes the most sense from a marketing point of view!

I don't know if anyone here has access to any of HP's merchandise sales from the official stores. But Erina Mano is the highest selling HP egg and that alone is a good marketing point. After all HP is a business at the end of the day.

On a personal level im delighted for her but also disappointed that she is no longer part of Onagaku Gatas. I hope it all works out well for her the group should be fine even without her.
Himalias Hello Project Photocard swap shop.
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11481.20

Offline Anton_91

• [El_Rango]
  • Member+
  • [BerryZ iz da besuto!]
She's my one and only favorite egg (almost)... And for some reason I'm more sad that she's graduation from OG then excited that she's going solo.   :-\

I think it's because it was her that really wanted me to see more of OG, now I can't say I'm to excited about them anymore.  :O

She'll be great as a solo though, I know it.  :D

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
BUMP!

Manoeri has her own little section on the official site now!  :muffin:
http://www.helloproject.com/artistlistindex.html

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
LOL

she's @ the bottom ....... alone .....

she's not in WH or EC ??    weird .............

Offline Naomi

• Member+
^ She hasn't officially debuted as a soloist (she hasn't released any singles) and she's not in Ongaku Gatas, so they probably put her down there until she debuts.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Yoru no Mukou