JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Sing

Author Topic: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)  (Read 733808 times)

Offline zont

• ワキだいすき!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥♥♥ waki ♥♥♥
Re: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)
« Reply #2940 on: April 20, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

ENTAME 2012.05
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:42:47 PM by zont »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2941 on: April 22, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »
AkibaRanger ep01 was much better than I thought. Lotsa in-jokes.
And they've already got a sentai special guest in ep02. Wonder if they'll need to get recognition from all of them like Gokaiger did, that would be cool. :nervous

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #2942 on: April 23, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »
I just watched episode 1. It was hilarious. I wonder if that's how it would be in real life. It might be like that in the future.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2943 on: April 30, 2012, 07:36:01 AM »
Akibarangers (and Malshina!!?!) SHF figures are coming (starting think it was august or something). Not to mention that 1:1 Zukyuun transforming device. :roll:

Offline nicksolazy

• Peach!
  • ecchi
« Reply #2944 on: May 16, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »
How has the world of Toku been in the last couple years? I was an avid fan back in the day with Kamen Rider Kabuto and Den-O (I own all the belts) and then I kinda stopped. I also kinda stopped watching Sentai after Boukenger ended (Magiranger was my favorite~ ^_^)

I seen few clips of the new stuff but it hasn't caught my attention though... might go on a nostalgic watching spree tonight though!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2945 on: May 16, 2012, 01:01:16 AM »
How has the world of Toku been in the last couple years? I was an avid fan back in the day with Kamen Rider Kabuto and Den-O (I own all the belts) and then I kinda stopped. I also kinda stopped watching Sentai after Boukenger ended (Magiranger was my favorite~ ^_^)

I seen few clips of the new stuff but it hasn't caught my attention though... might go on a nostalgic watching spree tonight though!
Speaking personally, amongst recent series, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Kamen Rider W and Kamen Rider OOO have been really good.

And if you're willing to look beyond super sentai and Kamen Rider, you should check out the Garo: Makai Senki. It's the second series of the Garo franchise, so if you have not done so already, you should first watch Ougon Kishi Garo (the first series of the franchise) to familiarize yourself more with the characters and their various back stories.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline nicksolazy

• Peach!
  • ecchi
« Reply #2946 on: May 16, 2012, 01:22:23 AM »
Speaking personally, amongst recent series, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Kamen Rider W and Kamen Rider OOO have been really good.

And if you're willing to look beyond super sentai and Kamen Rider, you should check out the Garo: Makai Senki. It's the second series of the Garo franchise, so if you have not done so already, you should first watch Ougon Kishi Garo (the first series of the franchise) to familiarize yourself more with the characters and their various back stories.

Ah Shinkenger. I think I seen some of that Power Ranger version at some stores recently.. Didn't they kinda try that concept with Hurricanger?

I think I heard of Garo a while back. I think I remember it was more of a darker, more mature Toku? Most people who watched it constantly raved about it but I never really got around to watching it. Might check it out now since there is a sequel(?).

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2947 on: May 16, 2012, 02:41:03 AM »
Ah Shinkenger. I think I seen some of that Power Ranger version at some stores recently.. Didn't they kinda try that concept with Hurricanger?

What, taking a Japanese super sentai show and using it as a basis for a Power Rangers show? Nothing new with that, considering that it's what they've done for every single Power Rangers show that has ever existed.

I think I heard of Garo a while back. I think I remember it was more of a darker, more mature Toku? Most people who watched it constantly raved about it but I never really got around to watching it. Might check it out now since there is a sequel(?).
Yep, definitely darker, and DEFINITELY more mature. So mature that they deliberately had it air after midnight when it's generally expected that only adults would still be awake.  One thing that I personally loved about both of the Garo series was that they had "little" things that happened early on in the show, and had them turn out to be big/significant tie-ins to things that happened in later eps.

Offline nicksolazy

• Peach!
  • ecchi
« Reply #2948 on: May 16, 2012, 05:37:45 AM »
What, taking a Japanese super sentai show and using it as a basis for a Power Rangers show? Nothing new with that, considering that it's what they've done for every single Power Rangers show that has ever existed.

Yep, definitely darker, and DEFINITELY more mature. So mature that they deliberately had it air after midnight when it's generally expected that only adults would still be awake.  One thing that I personally loved about both of the Garo series was that they had "little" things that happened early on in the show, and had them turn out to be big/significant tie-ins to things that happened in later eps.

Dang, it was that intense? Guess it's not catered to the normal Toku audience 8)2 Hmm so guess it's not like the "random problem/monster/character of the week" and move on? ahah but this show does really sound good. I wonder if TVNihon is still working. I remember they were my source for Toku all those years ago

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2949 on: May 16, 2012, 05:55:54 AM »
I wonder if TVNihon is still working. I remember they were my source for Toku all those years ago
Yep, TV-Nihon is still going strong, even with numerous other subgroups who have popped up and proclaimed "we will do better subs than TV-Nihon" only to (in some cases) later disappear.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2950 on: May 16, 2012, 08:53:06 AM »
hi nick!
I sat next to MagiBlue once. :oops:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=20067.msg593444#msg593444

You can look at the past few pages here and see there's been a lot of nostalgic series lately with mass crossovers. Like Decade, Gokaiger and now Akibaranger. And all those crossover movies too. I think you'll have a lot of fun watching 'em.

The current 2 shows KR Fourze and Go-Busters hasn't hooked me in as much though.
They're not awful, and I like Fourze's characters. But it's just a long toy commercial, and Go-busters feels way too morning breakfast tv, maybe it's just cos their predecessors were too good. :sweatdrop:

Other news. Checked out the Mega Whatcha....OOO Maximum Drive ummm.... The Mano Erina KR Movie! :thumbsup
It's 2 half-movies again. LOL at Mano turning all Pac Man on those minions. and all the romance. awwww~ :heart: And the Shotaro x Gentaro scenes :rofl:
Lotsa fun stuff!

Offline nicksolazy

• Peach!
  • ecchi
« Reply #2951 on: May 16, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
hi nick!
I sat next to MagiBlue once. :oops:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=20067.msg593444#msg593444

You can look at the past few pages here and see there's been a lot of nostalgic series lately with mass crossovers. Like Decade, Gokaiger and now Akibaranger. And all those crossover movies too. I think you'll have a lot of fun watching 'em.

The current 2 shows KR Fourze and Go-Busters hasn't hooked me in as much though.
They're not awful, and I like Fourze's characters. But it's just a long toy commercial, and Go-busters feels way too morning breakfast tv, maybe it's just cos their predecessors were too good. :sweatdrop:

Other news. Checked out the Mega Whatcha....OOO Maximum Drive ummm.... The Mano Erina KR Movie! :thumbsup
It's 2 half-movies again. LOL at Mano turning all Pac Man on those minions. and all the romance. awwww~ :heart: And the Shotaro x Gentaro scenes :rofl:
Lotsa fun stuff!

Nice to meet cha. YOU SAT NEXT TO MAGIBLUE?! D= Oh my. :drool: thanks for all the recap of the recent who doings~ I think I'm going to check Fourze out. Good thing summer is here  8)2

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2952 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:22 PM »
YOU SAT NEXT TO MAGIBLUE?! D= Oh my.
Yeah...........almost forgot about that.

Thanks for the reminder.

* JFC quietly shakes his fist at winner's awesome luck.

Offline nicksolazy

• Peach!
  • ecchi
« Reply #2953 on: May 17, 2012, 02:15:53 AM »
I am as equally jealous :doh: She was one of my favorite characters in Magiranger.

woot, got the Garo batch downloading now. Now I must wait something close from 2 days to 2 years. My internet sucks with torrents..

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2954 on: May 17, 2012, 04:10:54 PM »
^
Unless your situation is such that you absolutely cannot leave your computer connected online for longer/extended periods of time, just leave it on until the torrents all fully finish. The thing with a lot of torrents is that they often will pick up more connections and added speed the longer you leave them connected. If you're always having to pause and interrupt them in the middle of the DL, then yeah, depending on how many seeders they have they can stay super slow.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2955 on: May 18, 2012, 03:27:19 AM »
Ever since Garo Makaisenki ended, there's been a void in my weekly toku fix. :lol:

I watched Fourze until before Meteor appeared but it was hard to really get into it like the previous rider shows. I agree with the other comments about it; that it would have been a great show if it wasn't a Kamen Rider show.

I still dl and watch Go-buster religiously and I think it's pretty good. It's pace is a bit slow but I like how the characters' personalities are being explored in each ep. I thought that their commander was familiar and found out that he was the bad guy in Tak Sakaguchi's Versus. :lol: And I also thought Nakamura was Hitomi Sakai from Idoling! (she's still cute though) XD

Akibaranger has been a surprise and for an unofficial sentai, it has kept me interested ever since the first episode. It's a show where all toku/sentai fans can totally relate to; lots of references, cameos and those toku toys displayed in their base! Also, it takes care of Go-buster's lack of eye candy. (Mitsuki, Yumeria, Hakase and the girls in her shop, Sayaka and Malshina) :twothumbs

@ nicksolazy - if you watched any Ultraman series before, I suggest you also get the recent movies where Ultraman Zero appears. Zero is a BAMF. :thumbup

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #2956 on: May 18, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »
I like Fourze. It's a good,episodic,kind of adventure.  I think they've got the balance between comedy and drama right now.

And OOO's just blew me away. That last episode with the cube thing in the sky was epic.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2957 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:37 AM »
more on the Akibaranger transforming device: http://sentai.tamashii.jp/h_mmz.html
For the die-hards, it's going at 12600yen = ~US$160 XD Well, you gotta pay to get your zukyuun going. :nervous

toy (left) vs one from the show (right)

You do get a gun, figure and transforming device all in one... so there's that. (I'm so not going to buy it) :nervous

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2958 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »
^ lol I was already contemplating if I would get one once it comes out but for that price, I think I'll just keep my money for the upcoming SIC's, Garo Makaikados, SCEX gold saints and DBZ figuarts. :nervous

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2959 on: June 01, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Sing