JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - One World One Dream

Author Topic: Colour of Truth - Omake (Tanakame) Part 7 (last) - 10/04  (Read 82343 times)

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 34 - 04/16
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2010, 12:52:57 PM »
Can I have Risa as my mom? She would make a good one. Except for e nagging bit XD

Awww u r such s tease. The TakaGaki was really juz a mention *pouts*

This Mano x Maimi thing is getting me very interested. For some reason I keep thinking of Erina as a spy like in her drama :D

I'm pretty sure Maimi doesn't like her in that way anymore since she hasn't thought of her that much all this time. She could still be concerned as a friend though and this could throw up some misundertandings in the future if she will stick around until Airi starts to develop feelings for Maimi. Uh, am I thinking too much too fast? ^^;

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »
Gasp! Maimi is meeting Erina? :O Wonder what will happen...But guess we all know now why Maimi & Saki are acting that way when Mano came into the picture :(

I wonder what you have up your evil sleeve :panic:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2010, 03:49:17 PM »
@ mame-chan: No you may not have Risa as your mom!!!!!! If anything she can be your little bean  XD And if she was you'll have all of it including the nagging bit  :lol:

You say that like it's the first time you've met me  XD

Well we don't really know what Maimi is thinking but we do know that Erina plays a big part in Maimi's life and considering she plays a big part, there's no doubt that Maimi can't just let her go so easily.  As to whether there will be misunderstandings....

@ baddie: Why do you suppose I have an evil sleeve??? (yeah I know lame  :nervous) But at least I am giving answers, slowly but at least it's there  ;)

Chapter 35

Date: April 4
Time: 6:37 am

In the dawn of the morning before anyone woke up, Airi had already left her house to do her own investigating, if she wanted answers, same answers that she was so stuck on finding.

The first step she made was to the hotel, she wanted to see the tapes of the day Ken was attacked, she wanted to know how many people were there and whether that mystery girl she saw was there.  She was sitting there fast forwarding the tape of the day, anticipating as the tape got closer and closer to the time of the crime.  She paused the tape when Ken had arrived ‘Ahhh~ so there were 2 girls, damn it I can’t see their faces.  That makes a total of 5 people but the forensics report indicates 4 people’s blood, what happened to that fifth person?’ Random thoughts started forming, wondering where the two girls could have gone as she waited till the shoot out started.  Airi watched as Ken’s men barged into the room, flashes of gunfire can be seen, and then 5-10 minutes later, the 2 girls emerged, heads lowered a bit.  One was holding onto the other who seems to be unable to walk on her own.  Unfortunately because the hotel surveillance is in black and white and is not as up-to-date with technology, Airi had to take the tape with her to zoom in on the faces.

‘So there were 2 more people than what Ken and his men have indicated, which means we have 2 mystery woman, but at least now I know that my suspicion is not far off.  Yossu!!! I’m making progress’
Time: 8:40 am

Maimi reached a café nearby, located just in between the distance from the police station and their company, and searched the premises for Erina

“Hi Welcome to Morning Café, how can I help you?”

Seeing that Erina had not arrived, Maimi decided to get seats first “Table for 2 please and I would like to be near the window”

“Certainly, please follow me” the waitress grabbed a couple of menus before leading Maimi to her seat “I’m going to be your waitress for today, my name is Michishige Sayumi” the waitress bowed “Should we wait for your guest before ordering?”

“Yes thank you Michishige-san” Again Sayumi bowed before returning to other customers

Maimi looked through the menu slowly while she waited, she had felt a presence at the edge of her table thinking it was Sayumi “My guest has not arrived yet Michishige-san do you mind coming back later?”

“Are you sure you want me to come back later?” Maimi looked up when she recognized the familiar voice, there before he stood Mano Erina, dressed up in white ‘Still as angelic as before’

“Er no, Mano-san, please have a seat”

“Now Maimi-chan why all the formalities?” asked Erina, taking a seat across from Maimi

“Sorry, it’s been so long and I have been talking to your father so…” Maimi scratched the back of her neck in slight embarrassment

Erina giggled “Still so easy to tease I see” seeing Erina giggle, eased the tension between them “so how have you been?”

“I’ve been good, learning to step in my father’s shoes like Saki is”

“How is Saki-chan?”

“She’s great, working with her makes life and work easier, its like we cover each other’s flaws”

“She’s still as dependable as I remember her to be” 

There was a slight silence so Maimi called Sayumi over “Hi! Are you ready to order?”

“Yes Michishige-san, I’ll have a French vanilla cappuccino, pancakes, eggs and bacon, you?” Maimi gave her menu to Sayumi while looking at Erina

“Hmmm….there’s so much to choose from, what should I do?” ‘She still has that childish face but she’s grown to be beautiful’ “I’ll just have what she has”

“Still indecisive I see” Maimi laughed causing Erina to pout but when the laughter died down they were back at the awkward silence.
Time: 8:37 am

Airi left with the tape in her bag, checking the time she realized she had a bit of time before she had to go back to the station.  Walking to the nearest café, she notices Maimi sitting inside with someone she didn’t recognize to be anymore she’s met.  Airi notices that each person was doing there own thing ‘Man talk about awkward situations, Maimi seems to be troubled and neither seem like they know what to say next.  I wonder if that’s Maimi’s girlfriend??? Maybe I can help her’ A bright idea popped in Airi’s head as she calls Maimi

~ yakusoku wa toku ni shinai wa watashi wa zutto matterareru shi~ “Um excuse me, moshi moshi?”

“Maimi!!! Who’s your friend?” Maimi looked up and out the window searching for the familiar voice until she spotted Airi from a distance, immediately Maimi beamed “Seems like you’re in a fix, even from here”

“Hey! What are you doing here so early? Hold on will you?” Maimi directed her attention to Erina who was looking at Airi “I see a friend and want to say hi, will you excuse me?” Erina smiled a little and nodded “Be back in a flash”

Seeing Maimi get up from her seat and heading to the door, Airi walked closer “Never thought Maimi had a nervous side to her”

Maimi hugged Airi, catching Airi offguard “you’re a lifesaver you know? I didn’t know what to say or what to do and the tension was killing me”

“Who is it that can cause the great Yajima Maimi to be like this?” Airi asked pulling away with a cocked eyebrow

“She’s my ex”

“What?! Oh shit!! Sorry Maimi, maybe I should go!” Airi was about to turn around and walk away but Maimi pulled her back

“Haha no thank you honestly, I think I know how to talk to her now.  Your appearance helped me ease the uneasiness within me”

“Are you sure?  I’m sorry Maimi, really I was just wondering why you were so awkward-looking and I thought it was maybe you were hitting on someone but never did I think it would be your ex”

Maimi raised an eyebrow at Airi “Wait, you thought I look like a nervous wreck when I’m hitting on someone?  Girl, we have got to talk later” Maimi grinned at Airi and shook her finger at her “but I have to go back inside so I’ll call you or you call me later?”

Airi nodded and watched as Maimi joined Erina at the table, before turning towards the police station ‘Her ex sure is pretty, they look good together.  Hope everything is okay’

Maimi’s side

“Sorry bout that” Maimi sat down “oh the food came”

“Yeah, is she…is she a close friend of yours?” Erina asked picking up some eggs into her mouth

“Well kinda, we met not too long ago but it feels like I’ve known her for longer than that probably because she and I are similar.  She’s nice maybe I could introduce you to her someday, you’ll see for yourself, she has a fantastic personality and is very cool to talk to, very curious though” Maimi smiled at her friendship with Airi

“Maybe someday…” Erina answered “so…are you with anyone now?”

Maimi looked up from her food, about to eat some of the pancakes, but put it back down at the question “No Erina, no I am not…I haven’t really since…since you disappeared” Maimi put her utensils down fully “actually I asked to see you today because I need to know”

Erina’s eyes began to get teary-eyed “I’m sorry Maimi”

“Why did you just disappear like that?  You couldn’t even text, call or email me?”

“I’m so so sorry Maimi” was all Erina repeated over and over

“Why damn it!! Why?” Maimi banged her fist on the table, causing the staff and the few customers to look in their direction “I deserve to know at least the reason”

“I can’t explain it Maimi and I’m sorry that I disappeared but I really can’t explain it”

“Did you even love me?” Maimi knew she shouldn’t question it but without answers she didn’t know anymore whether what she thought was true ‘Was it all just a game?  Was I even worth anything to you to begin with? No! I pray that you at least tell me that you do, please tell me that you do’ Erina slowly got up, bowed and walked out the café tears streaming down her face and all Maimi did was close her eyes. ‘If that’s you way of answering, I understand now.  Thank you Erina for teaching me how to open my heart to let someone else in, to be a more open person’ a lone tear dropped but Maimi quickly blinked back the others that were threatening to fall and finished the rest of her breakfast before heading back to the office

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »
@ baddie: Why do you suppose I have an evil sleeve??? (yeah I know lame  :nervous) But at least I am giving answers, slowly but at least it's there  ;)
Do I really have to answer that, you ebil tease of a writer lol. I'm patiently reading and waiting for the answers ;)

“I’m going to be your waitress for today, my name is Michishige Sayumi” the waitress bowed
Hell yeah! That's one hot waitress, I bet (now I'm being lame lol). If only there is such cafe...

Maimi hugged Airi, catching Airi offguard
‘If that’s you way of answering, I understand now.  Thank you Erina for teaching me how to open my heart to let someone else in, to be a more open person’
Hmmmm........ XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 35 - 04/19
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »
Sayu cameo! Hmm, methinks Erina's hiding something. That settles it, don't go into business with her! Airi showing up was cute, especially Maimi's reaction to her.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 35 - 04/19
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2010, 04:09:14 PM »
@ baddie: A tease of a writer is better than a tease in a relationship  :lol: And yes....I do have an ebil sleeve  XD

What's with the "Hmmmm...."?????  :?

@ Her Awesome Holiness: I couldn't think of anyone else to be a waitress  :lol: She just fits the part don't you think??

So because Erina is hiding something, it is related to business??? Interesting.....

:lol: I need to create more chances between the two, their characters in the story are too strong

Chapter 36

Time: 9:15 am

Airi walked in to see Miyabi briefing with the team, “Okay so here is what we have and the only trail we’ve got is Ken’s henchmen, hmmmm any ideas on where to take this?”

“Detective Suzuki!!!” Nakky hollered turning everyone’s attention to Airi

“Morning guys, continue your briefing and do as you’re told”

“Wait, does that mean you’re not doing this case anymore?” questioned Yurina, exchanging glances with the other members

“You’re in good hands, detective Natsuyaki is capable of leading, just report what you must to me.  I am still on the case, but I have some paperwork to do” Airi walked off to her office

“Detective Natsuyaki? Since when did detective Suzuki call her that?” Chinami whispered in Yurina’s ear, Yurina was about to respond but Miyabi cut her off

“Guys! Focus! How do we go about this? What leads do we have left?”

Maasa raised her hand “Er…the mystery woman?”

“Okay, what do we know about her?” No one responded “Someone must have seem her around, ask around, did she leave in a car? Or a taxi? Bus? Is she from the area, someone that night must have seen her.  Let’s go ask around” Miyabi got up from the seat and walked out the door

“Do you think she had an argument with detective Suzuki?”

“I think so, because at the mention, detective Natsuyaki was upset” grumbled Maasa

“Let’s just go, if detective Suzuki’s orders are to follow Natsuyaki-san’s orders then that’s what we’ll do.  Let them deal with their issues, I think the last thing they need is the team to be doing sloppy jobs and/or up in their faces about it” encouraged Chisato grabbing her jacket and keys

When the rest of the team finally left, Airi took the surveillance tape and went to the tech group, she needed to see if she could get a clearer picture of the girls.

Time: 11:00 am

After a brief overview of the controls, Airi was alone fidgeting with the overwhelming amount of dials, knobs and buttons. ‘Damn it!! I wish Kumai-san was here, all of this would have been done a long time ago, but I can’t because I can’t let them in on what I am doing.  Why didn’t they teach this in Police Academy? I hope I don’t accidentally fry this machine’

Time: 2:28 pm

Slowly Airi was locating her position on the tape again, zooming in on the 2 females walking out of Ken’s room where it was paused.  It took Airi some time but she managed to get a clear enough shot of the 2 females in which she printed the pictures out.  By the time she had finished and had headed back to her office, members of the team had already returned from their scouting.  She quickly stuffed the file and tape in her bag, scurrying past the attendees and into her office.  She hadn’t even had the chance to sit in her chair when she heard a knock on her door ~KNOCK KNOCK~ “Come in”

In walked Miyabi, and by looking at her facial expression, she was not pleased “What are you doing?”

“I don’t know what you are referring to”

Miyabi crossed her arms across her chest “Airin, don’t insult my intelligence as an officer and as your cousin.  Where were you and what were you doing?”

“Don’t you have acase to follow?” Airi changed the subject because she know the storm that was to come if they dwelled on the matter.  One of the things that she didn’t like was when Miyabi starts flaring because when she does then Airi would flare right back, not holding anything back.

“Don’t you change the subject Suzuki Airi” Miyabi raised her voice “I know what you’re doing and I advise you to stop, this is crazy! It’s not healthy how you’re getting obsessed over some pretty face because of your break up”

Airi closed her eyes throughout Miyabi’s speech, calming herself donw but at the last few words Airi blew her stack “DON’T YOU DARE BLAME THIS ON MY BREAKUP!!!!!” The crew from the outside looked in but Airi didn’t care to close the door, she was boiling, raging even “Detective Natsuyaki is this how you talk to your superior? I advise you watch what you say before I write your next performance letter.  Where are the results of your investigation of today???? I don’t see them on my desk so I suggest you get out and do them now, YOU ARE DISMISSED!!!”

Miyabi stood there with a solemn face but those outside the door, looking at the commotion within could make a tiny vein pulsating and ready to explode near Miyabi’s temple “YES MA’AM” Miyabi saluted and walked out of Airi’s office and out of the department

Airi plopped into her chair taking deep breaths, eye closed to calm herself.  Looking outside her door, the rest of the members were quietly huddled together ‘Probably discussing about what just happened, god damn it!!!! Why??? Why do you test my patience? Freak!’ “Don’t you guys have a case to follow? Get going!!!!” boomed Airi, breaking up the gossip group.  When it was finally quiet in the department, Airi slowly and hesitantly picked up the receiver and dialled a number

“Moshi moshi”

“Gaki-san, it’s me”

“Airin? I mean sorry detective…are you okay? You sound tired”

“Ane…I…I had a TNT”

“With Miya? Oh lord, you guys haven’t had one in quite a while now, I thought those tempers would have been gone for good…”

“Ane! Can you…can you please find Miya?” Airi cut Risa off, she just couldn’t deal with a lecture at this moment

“…Sure.  The usual?”

“Yeah,  pretend you don’t know, take her out to the arcades or whatever and let her rant, I’ll pay you back for it.  I’m not coming home tonight”

“I understand, but this time can you not fall asleep on the roof? I don’t understand what it is with you and Miya, I mean why roofs?”

“I don’t know, but it calms me down, don’t worry I’m not a child anymore I can take care of myself”

Risa let out a sigh “….Alright, I’ll text you later” ~CLICK~

Airi covered her face with her hands and took deep breaths, it was a usual habit she had when she has a fallout with Miyabi. ‘I know I shouldn’t have said those things Miya and I’m sorry for using my superior position against you like that.  I wish you could be more understanding though, why can’t you be like ane? But then again if you were like ane I guess we wouldn’t of had the same amount of fun and enjoyment that are now our memories.  What have I done?’

Time: 5:04 pm

When she got back to the office earlier, she could feel Reina and Ai’s eyes on her so she chose to pretend that nothing was wrong and continued to search for the documents she needed.  She knew that Saki would not ask her anything because that’s just how their relationship is so she could focus and not have to worry about being questioned

By knock-off time, Maimi walked out of her office to make sure Saki had not left any ‘instructions’ for Ai and Reina.  As expected, she saw Ai and Reina at their desks working away “Takahashi-san, Tanaka-san what are you guys doing here?”

“Er…researching on Mano Corp” Ai answered after her mini eye conversation with Reina

“Well you don’t have to anymore, I’ve got my final decision so you guys can go home”

Ai was about to speak up but Reina cut in “Yes Yajima-san, on a side note, would you be coming home for dinner tonight?”

“No Tanaka-san I will not and you guys don’t have to wait up for me” Maimi turned around and walked back in her office.  Maimi continued thinking of how she was going to present to her father, Saki’s father and other uncles of the company

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 36 - 04/21
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
 :O Airi, bad Airi! Don't fight with your cousin!

“Ane…I…I had a TNT”
:lol: That's cute. I love how Risa just knows how to deal with it. Lols at the roof bit.

I’m not coming home tonight”
Hmm...?

“Er…researching on Mano Corp”
On Saki's orders?

I’ve got my final decision so you guys can go home”
Eh? What is it?!

would you be coming home for dinner tonight?”

“No Tanaka-san I will not
Hmmm...? Will Airi and Maimi run into each other?

So because Erina is hiding something, it is related to business???
Not necessarily, it's just that she doesn't seem trustworthy in real life, so why should she be anymore honest in business? That's not what you want in a business associate, always wondering if they're going to stab you in the back.

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »
Well technically, I have not met you ^^;

Oooh where is this Morning Cafe? Can I have the directions to the place and also the schedule of the very kawaii waitress named Michishige? :P

I'm surprised Maimi didn't do a double take when she saw Sayu since they look so similar :D The conversation between Airi and Maimi was funny. It's so classic of a pair who will end up together. Am I running ahead of myself in this theory?

Yikes! The quarrel between Miya and Airi was intense. Hope they make up soon.

*whispers* Don't forget about the TakaGaki :P

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
How many chapters did I just read in one sitting.?. No idea lol

Just like what they're saying TakaGaki please  :D

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »
The dispute between the cousins was necessary, in my opinion :) You can't work together without any differences in opinion, no matter how close you are, though I did think Miyabi was pushing it a little. But Airi was sweet enough to ask Risa to be the "coolant" in the eruption XD

But I do hope the blast doesn't last too long since Risa need some loving time with Ai as well :lol:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: Ahhh Airi's fight with Miya is definitely necessary, how could you have a fight between Maimi and Saki break out but not one between Airi and Miya???? That's so not fair  :lol:

Will Airi and Maimi run into each other???.......Hmmmmmm.........

Erina is hiding something that is a fact, however, her personal life does not necessarily link to her professional life.  Erina is learning like Maimi and Saki to step in their father's shoes, so technically, Erina's father is who the company is dealing with.

@ Mame-chan: Okay, you haven't met me personally but through my speech with you it is not the first time you've spoken to me    :P

Oh I know that cafe, this is what you do, you take a plane and go to the Bahamas, then you take a taxi from the airport and get off at.......  :lol:

You think Sayu and Maimi look similar??? I never thought of that, I should start watching them closely now

We don't know what the final pair with these two are.... :twisted:

Sorry I think I am reading that wrong, are you telling me to forget Takagaki, I don't see  a problem there

@ K: How was the long marathon of a read???

@ baddie:  :heart: Glad to see someone agrees with me!!!!  :cow:

I had to have Miya pushing it because one someone you're close with is concerned and you're worried, you'll say anything and I mean anything even if the logic isn't there anymore.

Airi's words weren't the kindest either and really who else to be the one to work things out??

Chapter 37

Time: 5:17 pm

At exactly 5, Miyabi rushed out of the department and ran to her sanctuary, the roof so she could scream her lungs out “AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????? SO WHAT IF YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME???? I DON’T CARE FOR THAT CRAP, I WAS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!’

~seishun basu gaido kimi wa mabushii kinen ni shashin totte ii kai~ “Moshi moshi”

“Miya!” hollered the voice

“Risa-oneesan” Miyabi returned the greeting in a semi-grunt

“Where are you?”

“I just got off work, how about you?”

“I am off work now too…you don’t sound too good, what’s up?”

“I am feeling frusterated right now Risa-oneesan”

“Ohh?? About what?”

“I…I…I just had a disagreement with Airin and it…it…it hurts oneesan” Miyabi’s voice started to tremble

“Where are you right now??? Do you want to go to the usual??? We’ll go to the arcades first and then we’ll talk”

“T-that sounds like a g-good idea” Miyabi blinked back her tears “Where shall I meet you??”

“The usual?”

“I’ll be there in 10” ~CLICK~ “AAAAAHHHHHHHH~” Miyabi screamed once more before heading down to the parking lot
‘Damn it!! I forgot I had a date with Saki-chan’ Miyabi frantically picked up her phone to dial Saki’s number

“Moshi moshi”

“Saki-chan!!!!”

“Hey Miya, are we set for tonight?”

“Saki-chan, that’s what I called about, can I postpone it?”

“Oh okay…is something the matter? You don’t sound too good”

“Well to put things short, I had an argument with Airin and I am not feeling the chirpiest and instead of venting on you, I wanted to get it out of my system.  I’ll call you later tonight okay?”

“Sure, I understand, but please understand that I can lend you my ears when you need them alright?”~CLICK~ Hearing Saki say that, Miyabi felt warm inside, safe and secure.

A couple of hours at the arcade can do miraculous things in Miyabi’s perspective, it allowed her to vent everything she was feeling when she was playing any game that required physical strength or driving at unbelievable speeds on racing games.

“Well little one, are you ready to tell me what happened??” Risa gave Miyabi a bottle of water to cool her down from her exercising

“Risa-oneesan, do you think Airin has gotten over her break up?”

Risa sat there for a minute and thought about the question, “Miya to be honest I don’t know what to think of it.  I trust Airin to be able to deal with her emotions in her own little way but I am concerned over her and I have voiced it to Airin already”

Miyabi looked at Risa in shock “You have?” Risa nodded “What did she say?”

“She cried Miya, she cried telling me that she didn’t want to worry me so she chose not to vent her emotions on me, instead she chose to jog, to clear her mind”

Miyabi sat there for a moment, she wanted to ask Risa something but was afraid that she shouldn’t.  After a few minutes of debating, she gave in to asking “Do you believe she is dealing with it properly?”

“Miya, can I ask why you are asking this?  What worries me most about you is when you don’t get straight to the point, its so unlike you”

“Well this is what I see…” Miyabi spent the rest of her time explaining to Risa the fact that Airin had linked 2 cases together based on 2 different mystery women.
Time:  8:00 pm

Ken walked alone into an abandoned building where nothing could be heard but the echoes from every step he took.  With a determined look on his face, he walked up the stairs to the top of the establishment.  Pushing the heavy metal door, he was met face to face with King, who was waiting patiently, smoking a cigarette.  “Glad you can make time for me today” Ken walked over to King

“Why wouldn’t I? This is a proposition with benefits” King walked up to a plastic bag sitting on the ledge and pulled out 2 cans of beer “So what’s the plan?”

“I am more or less sure they will be paying Matsumoto-san a visit, so I was thinking of leaking out real information about Matsumoto’s whereabouts.  Obviously Matsumoto does not need to know.  We will need to set up people to “protect him” so to speak but basically we need to know what these people are looking for and then capture them.  We don’t have to appear until we are needed or better yet, we could just let them have him, that way a certain individual may rise up in the success ladder”

King nodded in understanding “What do you need form my end?” King asked chugging on his beer

“First we need to create an attack opportunity for our rodents, and in order to do that we need them to take some sort of bait.  I’ll need information on Matsumoto’s habits, where he likes to go etc”

“Okay, this is what Ren Matsumoto likes….”

Time: 8:12 pm

“Gen how are your wounds? Are you coming back to get your bandages changed?” Swift asked over the phone

“They haven’t busted open so that’s a good sign, physically I am fine, the wounds are closing up nicely and no I don’t need to change bandages anymore so you guys don’t have to worry about changing them”

“What are you doing anyways?”

“I’m looking up information on our next target”

“Why isn’t Whiz helping you, I mean no offense but Whiz excels in that area”

“It’s good to do it on my own once in a while so that way my skills don’t deteriorate.  Also I think she might be checking up on our own mystery character”

“Good point, no wonder you’re an all-around…ohhh yeah I almost forgot about that, I ‘ll see if she needs help later.”

“Maybe you and the rest should start doing other things than areas of your forte”

“Er….later, yeah later sounds good” the duo shared a light laugh “Well I won’t bother you, the group is probably going to go out in different directions but if you need help holler kay?”

“Loud and clear” ~CLICK~

‘Matsumoto-san, Ren Matsumoto…ahhhh here is his picture and some details.  Now to get cracking on his whole organization…where should I begin? I guess from his background, then key players and finally his business dealings…yeah that sounds about right’ Gen absent-mindedly touched her side wound, it has become a habit since her incident, to touch the wound and feel if the wound has opened ‘Got to be careful this time, I don’t know how many bullets I can take to protect them’ Pain seered through her side, causing her to clutch onto her side with one hand and frantically looking for her pain killers with the other shaking one.  She popped 2 into her mouth and waited for the pain killers to kick in.  When they finally did, Gen released her clutched hands, took out a handkerchief from her back pocket and wiped the sweat from her forehead.  She had purposely left out this detail so that her crew would not worry ‘the plan must go on’ was what kept her going and not back down in defeat.  Once the pain subsided, Gen continued her task of searching up all information on the Matsumoto clan from background to key figures to organization procedures to schedules, Gen was determined not to make the same mistake twice

Time: 9:09 pm

Airi was walking aimlessly around thinking about her argument with Miyabi that occurred earlier

‘…I know what you’re doing and I advise you to stop, this is crazy!!! It’s not healthy how you’re getting obsessed over some pretty face because of your breakup’

‘DON’T YOU DARE BLAME THIS ON MY BREAKUP’

‘I advise you watch what you say before I write you’re next performance review’

‘YOU ARE DISMISSED’

The scene replayed itsef in her mind over and over, each time it did, Airi’s heart would cringe a little more.  She didn’t know how she was going to look Miyabi in the face nor did she know how she was going to resolve the situation in front of her.  Without thinking, Airi had arrived near Maimi’s building, looking around her, she even surprised herself as to how her feet managed to walk on its own

~ Bye bye bye! Akaruku ikiro~ “Moshi moshi Detective Suzuki”

“Good evening detective”

Recognizing it to be Maimi’s voice, Airi smiled “Good evening, Yajima-san, not working?”

“Oh I was, I was going to jog first but then I found a lost puppy”

“What are you going to do with this lost puppy?” Airi inquired curious as to what the puppy looked like and how small it was.

“Mmmmmmm…..I don’t know maybe see if it wants to jog with me” Airi heard the voice from behind her, she turned to see Maimi snapping shut her phone

“Hey…where’s the puppy?” Airi snapped shut her own phone and looked around Maimi for the said puppy

“Wanna go for a jog?” was all Maimi asked before jogging away

Airi stood there looking at Maimi’s back getting further and further away until the thought popped in her head as she ran after Maimi hollering “OI!!!!! I’m not a puppy!!!! Nor am I lost!!!!!”

Time: 9:34 pm

Saki was at home watching a movie with Ai when her cell and coincidentally Ai’s cell rang

~Hitoribocchi nanka ja nai taisetsu na hito ga takusan iru yo hora ne sono subete no ai ni Sankyuu~ / ~Sou ne Hane ga aru no ni Tsukawanai no wa Kanashii mon ne Take off is now~

“Moshi moshi”

“Hey”

Recognizing it to be Miyabi’s voice, Saki tiptoed back into her room, grabbed her plushie and lied on her bed, phone in hand “How are you feeling now?”

“*Huff* Better now.  Risa-oneesan took me to the arcades and vented most of my pent up anger.  The rest I released on my own in my room”

“Oh is Niigaki-san still with you now???”

“We are at home now, Niigaki-san is probably in her room talking to Takahashi-san about our wonderful evening” Miyabi’s sarcastic tone was not to be missed “I am in my own room, lying on my bed”

“So…do you feel up to telling me what got you so upset??”

“Well Airin and I had an argument in the department today and I guess I provoked her but only because she thought that the key to solving our cases was this woman, a woman that she presumes to be able to give us our answers based on gut feeling.  I can’t deny that this woman wasn’t hot, but I also doubt Airin’s judgment.  She couldn’t even explain why she thinks so but all she can give me is that she has a gut feeling”

“I see, well I guess you would be concerned but Miya did you give her time to prove to you that she isn’t wrong? I mean you think she is wrong because of her breakup but really you don’t have proof that it is because of it either”

“*Sigh* I know I don’t have proof but its also a reason why I push her to give me more than just a gut feeling.  I don’t see the link that she has this gut feeling on and if we trust this gut feeling.  She was willing to risk her job for this gut feeling, I don’t approve of it, I can’t!!!!”

“Woah!!! That’s how big of a gut feeling she has???”

“Yes!!! She is putting her career on the line and I intended to stop her and that’s what I did except that’s when we both blew up” Saki could sense that Miyabi’s voice was wavering off

“You guys had a physical exchange?”

“Oh no! no! no! Nothing that serious but we both said things that we couldn’t take back…Well her more than me”

“Really?” Saki raised an eyebrow questioning the validity of Miyabi’s statement

“Yes, I told her that she was being obsessive and…and she used her position as my superior to surpress me to go any further.  Can you believe it??? She used her superiority to stop me from questioning her intentions!!!!! You don’t know how hurt I was”

“Awww Miya, you say that she hasn’t gotten over her breakup and if that’s the case why would you bring it up???”

“I…I…I don’t know, because I wanted to stop her nonsense, or what I believe to be nonsense? What did I do Saki-chan?”

“I know she shouldn’t have used her position to surpress you but maybe it’s because she is working hard to not let her breakup affect her yet you keep on bringing it back up again”

“I…I…I” Miyabi couldn’t finish her sentence because what Saki was saying was quite true as well but she also couldn’t help letting her ego get sucker punched by her own cousin “Still she shouldn’t have used her authority like that infront of our subordinates”

“In front of your subordinates?” Saki recalled her own occurrence with Maimi “Yeah she shouldn’t have, it hurts even more when it is infront of others”

“It’s like *yawn* how am I going to look in front of them now?” Saki remained silent “I didn’t want to hurt Airin but I don’t think it gives her a right to hurt me back either”

“Miya, maybe it was the spur of the moment just like how you brought up her break up in front of your subordinates” Miyabi was taken aback, it was true that she had brought up her break up in front of the subordinates first

“I guess *yawn* I didn’t think *yawn* about it too much *yawn*” Miyabi admitted “I just *yawn* didn’t want her to dwell so *yawn* much”

“Well reminding her of that fact doesn’t do her any good now does it?” Silence. Saki figured Miyabi was probably tired from overexerting herself at the arcades hence she decided to continue to talk until Miyabi was finally asleep.  Just to be sure though Saki whispered Miyabi’s name “Miya…Miya…are you still awake?” Saki put the phone closer to her ear to hear the consistent breathing of Miyabi, she smiled and snapped her phone shut ‘I hope things go well between you two’

On Ai’s side

“Hey beanie baby”

“Sorry for bailing on our date today, I was so looking forward to seeing Final Destination with you” ‘Sure you were, you scaredy cat’

“Oh that’s okay, we can always watch it next time”

“…”

“Anyways how did everything go?” Ai grinned after making sure that Risa knew that they were still going to watch it.

“Well we talked and I tried to calm her but I must say that I can’t totally disagree with her either”

“What do you mean?”

“Well by the way Miya was telling me, Airin hasn’t really been acting like herself, like her judgement is not the same or what I expected of her”

“On what basis are you relying this on? I mean I don’t want to disagree with you or anything but Suzuki-san strikes me to be more logical so it seems weird that both you and Miya believe she isn’t so”

“It’s just that there is this particular individual that Airin is stuck on, thinking they are the key to a case yet they have nothing on this individual but a sketch of a glimpse that Airin took”

“Hmmmm….that does sound odd but I mean she is the detective right? I’ve heard that sometimes detectives have these gut feelings and it’s because of these gut feelings they crack cases”

“I don’t know if it’s a gut feeling or if Airin is looking for a replacement.  From what I’ve heard, although a sketch, the girl looks appealing”

“But that’s not fair to Suzuki-san so if there is a girl involved in a case, automatically she gives off the vibe of looking for a replacement?”

“Well it wasn’t just this one, apparently another case had a girl as well and was described as H-O-T, hot…”

“*cough* go on”

“…Erm…I mean she was a looker and Airin is all out about looking for these girls”

“I don’t know if I could have that kind of vibe because I don’t know Suzuki-san like you guys do but I also don’t want to judge her abilities based on it either”

“*Yawn* I just know that I don’t know how long before those two make up again…*yawn* I mean the last they had a serious argument, they didn’t speak to each other for weeks”

“And when pray tell was that?”

“When they were in their early teens”

Ai cocked an eyebrow “Well beanie baby, I don’t think that you have to worry because if I recall they are older now.  But anyways, I’ll let you go, you’ve had an exhausting day as it is *chu*”

“Right back at you! I’ll call you tomorrow” ~CLICK~

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 37 - 04/23
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2010, 05:56:06 PM »
Lol, Miyabi screaming from the roof.
Risa's such a good onee-chan.
Oh no, a storm is brewing, Ken's trying to set a trap and Gen's trying to set up an attck.

Ha, knew Airi and Maimi were going to meet up! Lost puppy.

XD Ai's ringtone for Risa is Take Off is Now. I love that song and that perf at the Wonderful Hearts concert.
MiyaSaki=<3

“Hey beanie baby”
*melts* That is so cute! Love Takagaki!

Erina is hiding something that is a fact, however, her personal life does not necessarily link to her professional life

Yes, but realistically, how often can people separate their work and personal lives? I'm just saying.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »
How was the long marathon of a read???
Bloodshot eyed  :D

“Hey…where’s the puppy?”
XD  XD  XD

I'm loving them now more  :inlove:

‘Sure you were, you scaredy cat’
Damn  :lol:

“Oh that’s okay, we can always watch it next time”

“…”
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

beanie baby
What's Ai's?   :D Monkey Baby?  :D

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: Yes now to figure out what Ken should be brewing  :nervous

I loved their Take Off is Now performance too !!! :heart:

You'll be surprised by how people change between their professional lives and their personal lives.  I mean I for one have to, because of the occupation that I have, keep my personal personality and my professional one separately.  I know a couple of others that have that same idea too

@ K: Urg!!! Bloodshot eh???

You mean you didn't like them as much before??....We'll have to do something about that

Maybe I should incorporate a nick for Ai nee?? Monkey baby sounds good for me....but let's wait it out  ;)

Chapter 38

Time: 10:13 pm

“Babe, let’s party!!!!!” Reina knocked glasses with Eri.  As usual, when they have free time and money to spend they would waste it on shopping, alcohol and clubbing.  After a good evening at the local malls buying to their hearts content, they decided to take Maimi’s Ducati and hit the local clubs.

At that moment, Eri’s favourite dance music started playing, as she downed her martini and dragged Reina to the dance floor knowing perfectly well that Reina would never say no to grinding against Eri. Reina wasn’t as into dancing as she was into drinking so more or less most of the time she would step away from Eri to grab a drink.  Eri was just as knowledgeable about this fact so she never let it get to her, she’ll usually take the keys away from Reina and would just continue to dance.

“Babe, I’m going to the restroom alright?” Reina whispered into Eri’s ear.  Eri gave a slight nod before Reina weaved through the mass of people.  As Reina was weaving through, she knew she had a good amount to drink as it is as she wasn’t really walking in a straight line, so she decided to stop for a bit.  The last thing she needs is Maimi and Saki being more parental like, restricting their party days and such. ‘Gawd damn it!!! Why is there such a long line up????’ Reina looked ahead of her and sure enough there were at least 4-5 people ahead of her waiting outside of the washroom. ‘I bet you there is an even longer line up inside’ sure enough due to the amount of experiences that Reina and Eri have, there was at least another 10-11 people waiting inside.

By the time Reina had finished using the restroom she couldn’t wait to find Eri, the one thing that Reina hated was being away from Eri for too long.  She was smiling just thinking about Eri but her smile faded as her footsteps stopped.  There in front of her was Eri dancing very intimately with another woman, a woman wearing a tank top, light brownish wavy hair, touching Eri on the butt and basically groping everywhere Reina could see.  ‘WTF?!!! Why is Eri letting this…this chick touch her like that??? Is…is…Eri smiling??? She’s enjoying this isn’t she??? How could she??? How could she forget about who she came here with so easily???? I’ll teach you to touch my woman’  Reina grabbed a glass of wine from the counter at the bar and stormed straight to where Eri was.  As she was advancing closer and closer, Reina could clearly see that this woman slip Eri a piece of paper and whisper something in Eri’s ear before disappearing through the crowd with a smirk.

“Rei!” Eri turned and spotted Reina advancing forward.  She could sense something was wrong so she placed her hand on Reina’s forearm “Rei, what’s wrong?”

Reina flung Eri’s hand away from her “Don’t you Rei me!!!!” She didn’t care what drink she was carrying but she downed it in one go and turned fuming

“Rei…Rei” Eri was calling for Reina but Reina never stopped, she walked out of the club and ran down an alleyway.  Eri didn’t want to leave Maimi’s prized motorcycle out so she got on and started to search for Reina however the alleyway that Reina ran through was not something a motorcycle could get by.  Eri circled the area for a while longer before she gave up

“Ai-chan!” Eri blubbered over the phone

“Eri?? Where are you??? Are you okay??? Where’s Reina?”

“I…I don’t know.  She got upset and then she ran out of the club without waiting for me.  I have the keys to the Ducati but she ran…I…I…I’ve been circling the area for a long time now and I still can’t find her…what do I do???” Eri was going hysterical, lost

“Eri, calm down, that’s the first thing I need you to do” Saki’s voice could be heard “I need to know if you had a lot to drink”

“I had a couple of drinks” admitted Eri, she knew she was going to get in trouble but when she was in a panic mode, the most soothing voices besides Reina’s was those housemates that she lives with

“Okay, where are you??? I am going to come get you”  Eri informed Saki of the area that she is in “Okay, stay put don’t go anywhere, I should be there in no time” Eri nodded as tears started to spill ‘Rei, where are you??? Why did you leave me like that??? Why are you upset??? Was it something I did??? I’m sorry, I’m sorry *sniff sniff* just come back to me’ By now Eri was fully crying, she crouched down beside the Ducati and covered her head ‘I’ll do anything, just come back, I’m sorry for whatever it is I did, just…don’t leave me alone’ Eri felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to see Saki’s warm smile.  Before Saki could say anything, Eri lunged at Saki holding onto her like no tomorrow, crying on her shoulders

Saki brushed Eri’s back and hugged her back “Shhhhhh!!!! Don’t worry, I’m here now.  Don’t worry, we’ll find Reina…shhhhhh~~!!!”  Saki let Eri cry a bit longer until the crying was subsiding before pulling apart “Let’s go home okay??? I’ve got Ai-chan at home calling Reina now and in case Reina does get home….”

~Hitoribocchi nanka ja nai taisetsu na hito ga takusan iru yo hora ne sono subete no ai ni Sankyuu~
“Moshi moshi…..she is??? Yeah I’ve got her……okay keep her there as long as you can, we’ll be back in 5” Saki snapped her phone shut “That was Ai-chan, Reina is home now, very upset, having a throwing fit, but at home.  I don’t know what happened between the two of you, but let’s get you home and figure this out okay?” Saki brushed Eri’s hair away from her eyes, cupping her face “Don’t worry, we’ll deal with the raging Reina, it’s not the first right?” Eri smiled slightly before she handed Saki the keys

Time: 11:12 pm

“Ahhhhh~~ this is refreshing” Airi stated with her eyes closed, feeling the breeze against her face.  She suddenly felt something freezing put against her face, producing a small yelp she moved away from the freezing object and opened her eyes to see Maimi trying to hide her giggle “Samui yo!!!!!”

“Gomene gomene” Maimi passed Airi the water bottle

“Your words say sorry but your eyes are still laughing” complained Airi, she took the bottle of water and opened it

“Your expression was cute, you can’t be mad at me for that” Airi chuckled not knowing if she should be upset or happy at the compliment. “So why did you have that lost look earlier?”

Airi thought about earlier and her smile faltered “Nothing just thinking”

“Thinking about the argument between Natsuyaki-san and yourself?” Airi turned and looked at Maimi in shock “I received a call from Niigaki-san today”

Maimi’s Flashback

~yakusoku wa toku ni shinai wa watashi wa zutto matterareru shi~ “Moshi moshi”

“Yajima-san, it’s me Niigaki Risa” athe the voice, Maimi dropped everything and paid attention

“N-Niigaki-san…er how can I help you?”

“Hehe, we haven’t seen in a while kiddo, but do you have to sound so…so distant?” ‘Kiddo??’

“Er…sorry…just thought that you’d rather be conversing with Ai-chan now, so to who or to what do I owe this pleasant surprise of you calling me as opposed to Ai-chan?”

“As much as I would love to talk to my girlfriend,…I….I have a favour to ask of you and I really can’t think of anyone else that can help me” Judging from the sound of Risa’s voice, Maimi knew that it was no time to be teasing

“A favour?”

“I know you’ve been close to Airin lately and I believe I can trust you and that she can trust you…”

“Go on”

“Well to my understanding Airin and Miya had a huge argument not too long ago and as always Airin would rather me see to Miya first.  Airin would probably wander the streets then fall asleep on the roof at the police station so I was wondering if you can watch her for me?”

“EH~? With all due respect, why are you tending to Natsuyaki-san? She’s probably got Saki to tend to her.  I’m not saying I won’t talk to Airin but are you sure this arrangement is alright?”

“Miya might be with Shimizu-san but if I know Miya then Shimizu-san might have a loss of hearing the next day, so instead of that happening and because I am use to Miya’s temper, I’ll take the first blow before I turn her to Shimizu-san”

“She rants that much?”

Risa chuckled “Well no, she rants but she also likes to vent what other frustration she has on her mind at arcade centers and those can be loud and painful for the ears too”

“I see…alright don’t worry I’ll help you deal with Airin”

“Thanks Yajima-san, I owe you one”

“Your repayment will be in the form of treating our Ai-chan well”

“I will and…thank you…really”

“Don’t worry about it, Airin is a good friend, I wouldn’t want to see her upset.  I’ll make sure she calls you later okay?”

“That’d be great!!! That way I don’t have to worry about her all night.  Thanks again!!!!!” ~CLICK~

End of Maimi’s Flashback

“EH~~~ So ane told you?!”

“Well she didn’t tell me details about it just that you’d be upset and bothered tonight” Airi didn’t say anything but sipped on her water “So….what did happen? You and Natsuyaki-san are like Saki and I, was this argument about work?  But that doesn’t make sense, I thought you had already solved that issue” Another silence.  Seeing that Airi wasn’t ready to talk, Maimi just sat there looking out at the waves

“It just happened to be exact…” Airi slowly explained while Maimi listened intentively “Miya again brought up my obsession, she caught on to what I was doing.  At first, I was trying to keep calm when she started questioning me but then when she started bringing up my breakup…I…I lost it.  I…I used my authority and lashed out at her…I lost my cool…I…I” Airi’s tears started falling.  At the quivering of her voice, Maimi had adverted her attention from the waves to Airi’s profile.  Maimi took out a handkerchief and handed it to Airi. “Thank you” Airi responded as she took the handkerchief and wiped her eyes

Maimi put her arm around Airi and pulled her close, patting her shoulders “Breathe, don’t worry I’m not going anywhere”

Airi calmed herself down before continuing “What was worse was that my subordinates could all see and hear the commotion.  I even threatened to give her a poor review if she didn’t mind her own business.  I know I shouldn’t have done it but at that moment my rage got the best of me and…and it just escalated with these things that I couldn’t take back”

“So I guess that’s what you’re upset about? The events that are now history?” Airi nodded “So how is it that Niigaki-san knows about this?  Was she present at the time?”

“No, everytime Miya and I clash heads and get to this point where we both or one has said unforgiveable things, I usually call ane to comfort her”

“Why?”

“Miya was always the difficult one, more verbal, she can holde a grudge for a longer time if she doesn’t vent.  Ane is more considering and tolerant so ane can deal with Miya’s rage best”

“What about you?  Don’t you have to vent?”

Airi shook her head and smiled, “I’m not as expressive, I just need a night to calm me down”

“EH~ ? Does that mean I would be bothering you from calming down?”

Airi shook her head, “Naw, it is always great talking to you, you’ll give me an honest opinion and I feel like I can tell you anything without worries.  Probably because we have the same persona hehe”

Maimi chuckled “So what do you usually do when you’re alone?”

“Er…well I usually just stay at the station and eventually on the roof.  I…er…kinda fell asleep there last time and the other previous times I ended at some roof” Airi smiled awkwardly in embarrassment

Maimi snickered, hand over her mouth “On the roof??? What were you doing?”

“I don’t really remember but anyways, I usually just think”

“Think about what?” Maimi’s curiousness about Airi’s behaviour was at it’s peak

“Well usually about the argument I just had with Miya and how to deal with the aftermath”

“Haha, you spend you’re night worrying? Airin, I’m pretty sure Natsuyaki-san and yourself would let it pass behind you.  You guys grew up with each other, I’m sure words don’t need to be said and you’ll be able to express your apologies” Airi nodded and thought about the multiple times Miyabi and herself banged heads indeed the results were always the same, Airi would treat Miyabi to ice-cream and things would get back to normal.  Seeing Airi smile, Maimi knew that Airi was dwelling on the worrying part

~GRUMBLE GRUMBLE~ Their attention was diverted to the sound of Airi’s stomache.  The duo looked at Airi’s stomache then at each other before bursting out with laughter “Come let’s get some food for your stomache” Maimi, stood up putting forth her hand for Airi to grab hold of in which Airi gave her signature toothy grin before taking Maimi’s hand

“What’s on the menu?”

“Well it depends on what Miss Suzuki feels like having tonight” Maimi bowed like a servant causing Airi to giggle

“You’re being such a dork Maimi-chan, what do you feel like eating?  You don’t always have to be the host and I wouldn’t want to get use to it, in case you ever get a girlfriend, I wouldn’t be able to meet you anymore” Airi stated nonchantedly

Maimi’s face feel “Why do you say that?”

“Because you’ll be too occupied to care about little ol’me” Airi put her forefingers together and twirled them innocently, pouting her lips for a while before a smile grew on her face

“Naw, my friends have been a top priority for me since my breakup with Erina so I cherish them a lot.  My girlfriend would have to be my good friend in order for her to have my full attention on all sorts of levels”

“Now that you mentioned you’re ex, how did things go?” Maimi’s smile was visibly gone, in fact her lips were pushed together in a tight line “Sorry I didn’t mean to be nosy, if you don’t want to talk about it…”

“It’s okay Airin, in fact my reasoning for jogging earlier was because of my thoughts on Erina.  It’s just that on my way back to change and find you, there you stood”

“Care to share your thoughts?”

“I…I finally asked her for the reason”

Airi’s ear perked up and she leaned closer to Maimi “And?”

“I…I didn’t get a proper one”

Airi looked at Maimi unsure as to what she heard was correct or whether she had misinterpreted it “Sorry, what do you mean you didn’t get a proper reason”

“I…” Maimi choked on her words.  Airi put her arm around Maimi and returned the favour from before “I asked her for the reason…but all she could say was sorry.  I blew up on her because I didn’t want to hear sorry I wanted a reason.  She was crying at that point but I didn’t care, I wanted an answer for pain that I held in all those years.  But nothing was said except sorry.  I guess my pent up anger got the best of me because…I questioned her love for me…”Silent tears had begun to descend down Maimi’s face, in which Airi used her thumbs to wipe away until Maimi took out another handkerchief and wiped her eyes “I know I shouldn’t have done that but I guess at that moment I felt like she didn’t”

“Well what did she say?”

“She didn’t say anything but bowed and left me in the restaurant”

Airi pulled Maimi in a tight hug “Oh Maimi-chan!!!” They stayed in that hug for a little longer “Maimi it was her loss, you’re a great person and loyal to your friends, you have so much on your shoulders yet you always manage to drop everything when it comes to your loved ones in need.  Don’t worry, you’ll find someone new”

Maimi chuckled “Don’t worry Airin, I don’t think I want to find anyone new anymore, I’ll let things come as it occurs, I just wanted an answer” ‘At one point maybe I thought Niigaki-san could take this pain away but then again Saki is right, it probably is better that Niigaki-san and Ai-chan are together as opposed to me using Niigaki-san’s feelings just for me to find out that I never did let Erina go, I was attached to her killer smile and pinchable cheeks’

“Maimi, er…what are you thinking? You had a smile on your face and it kinda freaks me out considering we were talking about your ex.  It was like complete mood swing”

Maimi giggled “Nothing, I was thinking about how I have such great friends and all they’ve done for me, including you” Maimi pinched Airi’s cheeks and ran ‘She also has pinchable cheeks’

“Itai!!! Maimi!!! Get back here”

“Yeah right!!! Last one to my office building pays for dinner” Maimi hollered a good distance away

“You’re on!!!” Airi ran after the sprint-jogger.  As she was running after Maimi she noticed that Maimi wasn’t running as fast as she usually would ‘That Maimi, she’s purposely losing so she’d pay for dinner, well 2 can play that game’ Airi decreased her speed as well, however Maimi stoped and crouched down, clutching onto her side.  Alarm bells started ringing in Airi’s head indicating something was not right, she picked up her speed to run up to Maimi “Maimi!!!! What’s wrong?”

“I…I…I think it’s because I haven’t eaten yet and was going full force with the running that I’ve gotten mad cramps and stomache pains”

Airi noticed the beads of sweat forming on Maimi’s forehead “Are you sure that’s it? You’re sweating quite a bit”

Maimi slowly nodded her head “The results of my meeting with Erina have been on my mind a lot lately that I neglected eating.  Saki and the others have already warned me about this but I haven’t been paying attention to it, all that was in my mind was the events of my meeting with Erina”

Airi guided Maimi off the floor and holstered her around her shoulder.  Luckily, they were really close to Maimi’s office, so Airi decided to get Maimi resting first before they decide the next best course of action.

“Maimi, maybe I should drive you home first, I don’t think take-out would do your stomache any better either”

Maimi shook her head, “Just call for take-out, it’s probably faster and besides you’re hungry aren’t you?”

“You may be athletic but when you aren’t 100%, I have faith that if we were to go head-on in a physical match I’d win so let’s save ourselves the trouble and let me drive you home to rest”

Maimi thought about the current situation “How about this, you can drive me home only if you promise to spend the night over at my place.  I may not be at 100% but I’ll give everything I’ve got to make you spend the night, so why don’t we save ourselves the sweat and pain and you just agree to those arrangements.  That way you don’t have to spend the night on a roof and I would have fulfilled my promise to Niigaki-san”

‘I don’t want to bother Maimi as it is, I’ve already wasted enough of her time do I really want to cause her anymore trouble by staying over?  But if I don’t, she’ll fight me and I don’t know whether to take it as a bluff but I don’t want to take those chances.  I guess I really have no choice’ “Fine” huffed a surrendering Airi.  Airi helped Maimi walk towards her car parked at the police station before Maimi guided Airi to her estate.

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 38 - 04/26
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2010, 01:55:28 PM »
UPDATE PLEASE!!! :thumbsup

i really like this story....

cant wait for airi and maimi to fall in love!!! :heart:

which i hope they will...... :twothumbs

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »
You mean you didn't like them as much before??
Eh? No, I heart them  :)  I was just lazy during that day quoting   :nervous   gomen  :kneelbow:  :D

At that moment, Eri’s favourite dance music started playing, as she downed her martini and dragged Reina to the dance floor knowing perfectly well that Reina would never say no to grinding against Eri.
:mon blood:

There in front of her was Eri dancing very intimately with another woman, a woman wearing a tank top, light brownish wavy hair, touching Eri on the butt and basically groping everywhere Reina could see.
Whoa! Catfight sta~to  :onioncheer:  :onioncheer:  :onioncheer:

As much as I would love to talk to my girlfriend
:wriggly:  :grin:

“Miya might be with Shimizu-san but if I know Miya then Shimizu-san might have a loss of hearing the next day, so instead of that happening and because I am use to Miya’s temper, I’ll take the first blow before I turn her to Shimizu-san”
lol

“I…I didn’t get a proper one”
Because she didn't have one  :)

Don’t worry, you’ll find someone new
Yep, and someone close, like a millimeter close  :D

“Maimi, er…what are you thinking? You had a smile on your face and it kinda freaks me out considering we were talking about your ex.  It was like complete mood swing”
Like a psycho or something  :D

‘She also has pinchable cheeks’
Sign NUMBER 1 lol

“How about this, you can drive me home only if you promise to spend the night over at my place.  I may not be at 100% but I’ll give everything I’ve got to make you spend the night, so why don’t we save ourselves the sweat and pain and you just agree to those arrangements.  That way you don’t have to spend the night on a roof and I would have fulfilled my promise to Niigaki-san”
Clever... and then... who knows... dinner... wine... bed...   XD

NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE  :drool:  damn  XD

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »
@ abok: New reader!!!  :welcome

Glad that you like it, not the greatest though I must say but I'll try to improve.

Airi and Maimi to fall in love????? We'll see  :twisted:

@ K: Awww, you know what the best feeling is?? When there are certain pairings that I have in mind and to convert another who doesn't, like brainwashing  :lol:

Reina can't say no to doing Eri either might I add  XD

Well we don't know if Erina has an explanation that she's trying to hide just yet, so don't throw out that aspect of the problem  ;)

Hey!!! I sometimes daze off and show mixed emotions on my face like that!!!! Oh no!!!! I'm a psycho!!!!!  XD

:rofl: Dinner? Wine? Bed???

Chapter 39

Date: April 5
Time: 12:56 am

When Airi and Maimi arrived at Maimi’s house, they noticed all the lights were still on “You know, you guys could save more energy if you didn’t have all those lights on”

“We usually don’t have lights on at all at this hour since usually they are out until late or already sleeping so I’m not too sure why the lights are all on” Maimi explained as she got out of Airi’s car

Before Maimi could grab hold of the front door know, the door swung open with an enraged Reina.  Airi and Maimi both gave a jolt “Reina can’t you just talk about this?” a plead from Ai could be heard from the inside.  All talk stopped though when Ai and Reina noticed Maimi and Airi standing at the door.  Faint crying was all that could be heard from within the house. 

Reina looked at Airi and Maimi and was about to brush past them when she felt a hand grab onto her arm.  She didn’t look at whose hand it was nor did she care but she flung or tried to heave the hand off however to her dismay, the grip was tight.  Judging by how hard it was to loosen her arm from the grip, she knew who it was and that she wasn’t going to get out of the deadly grip so she stopped trying “Can anyone tell me what is going on?” boomed Maimi’s voice throughout the house, dragging Reina back into same, followed by Airi

Ai was about to speak but one glance at Airi and she decided not to answer.  Seeing that Ai was hesitant in answering, Maimi plopped Reina on the nearby couch and pointed a finger at her “WE need to talk” she then turned to Ai “Ai-chan can you direct Reina to my study? Where is Saki?”

“Saki-chan is with Eri right now” Ai walked towards Reina and softly grabbed onto Reina’s arm in which Reina roughly flung away and got up, heading towards Maimi’s library but not before glaring at Maimi

Maimi ignored the glare she was receiving “Can you get Saki and Eri to go to my study as well? You will need to attend” Ai gave a light nod and left Airi and Maimi in the livingroom.  Maimi gave a heavy sigh then turned to Airi “Sorry you had to witness that, its so embarrassing” Maimi shook her head in embarrassment.

“I am shocked yes, but not at the type of situation that was happening nor about to happen but how you were handling the situation.  Not to be nosy but how come Tanaka-san and Takahashi-san listen to you so much?”

Maimi smirked “Because out of all 5 of us, I am the strongest and not to mention tallest one to contain a raging anyone but no one can contain a raging me.  Ai-chan can’t deal with angry Reinas or Eris and Saki isn’t authoritative with them most of the time outside the office, so Reina wouldn’t listen to her. But anyways let me guide you to your room so you can freshen up.  In the meantime let me deal with the situation set up in my study.  Please refrain yourself from leaving this top level because if you do, you might get lost” Maimi winked at Airi before heading towards her study.

From the outside, Maimi could hear Eri crying and Reina grumbling incoherent words which did not stop until she walked into the room.  When she walked in, she could see Saki and Ai comforting a whimpering Eri and an angered Reina pacing back and forth.  Maimi slammed the door behind her “Can anyone tell me what is going on?” Maimi asked while walking to her chair. No one spoke a word “Saki?”

“I’m not even sure what the real problem is, I received a call from Eri saying that Reina disappeared and that she was scared to move from her location.”

“Ai-chan?” Maimi turned when she wasn’t getting a good enough picture.

“I was at home when I heard a slam from the doors and watched a fuming Reina walk to her room.  Moments later I hear things being smashed so I immediately called Saki-chan”

“Reina, I can’t believe you were going to smash everything in my house and think you could just leave like that!!!! Where do you think you were going to go???”

“I don’t care!!!! As long as I am not in the same room as that…that two-timer” Reina pointed a finger in Eri’s direction, causing Eri to cry even harder.

“Reina, might I remind you that you blow your fuse at the smallest things, you don’t think to listen to reason and jump to conclusions” reasoned Saki

“You’re always on her side Saki-chan!!! Just because I’m the one that’s flaring?” questioned Reina, anger not decreasing

Saki let Ai handle Eri before she stood up “NO!!!! Because it’s true that you jump to conclusions.  When you do, you say things you’ll regret, things that’ll hurt others.  I am not siding with Eri but tell me what a girl is suppose to do when one of her friends are crying profusedly, not knowing what she did wrong?”

Maimi massaged the brigde between her eyes “So let me get this straight, I have an angry Reina, crying Eri and broken items in my house because of a lover’s quarrel???”

“I don’t think it’s even considered a lover’s quarrel because by my understanding Eri doesn’t know what the hell is going on” Saki eyed Reina with a ‘you should at least tell her’ look

Maimi gave out a sigh “Okay, I want everyone out except Reina and Eri and you guys better be talking about what the hell is wrong.  After you guys have your discussion and you still believe you guys can’t come to terms then you may leave.” Maimi turned to Reina “Reina if you plan on leaving this house, please at least have the decency to tell us whether you will be returning because if you don’t I am going to assume otherwise” then to Eri “Eri, better be more outspoken because if you don’t you may lose Reina the moment she walks out the door.  She’s always been the more vocal of you two so if you don’t want to lose her because you are too timid to, you better speak up” Maimi left the room along with Ai and Saki, no one bothered to close the door

Reina glared at the whimpering Eri, she knew that Saki was right about her not listening to Eri’s reasoning and based everything on a simple glance but she only acted that way because she really loved Eri, she was jealous, unsecure, afraid that she’ll lose Eri that she chose to get upset first when anyone got too close.  It was her pride that wouldn’t let her admit this fact to Eri and it was also pride that made her do and say things that she regrets.  She didn’t let up her glare but she hated herself because she was the one making Eri cry at the moment.  In a battle where pride was on the line, it usually was pride that won, hence Reina didn’t let up with the harch tone or glare.  “So what is your reasoning this time?”

“*Sniff sniff* W-what are you t-talking about?”

“That-that girl, the one that gave you her number!!!!”

“*Sniff* We-we were just dancing”

“Just? I didn’t see anything just there!!! That chick was all over you!!! And you!!! You enjoyed it!!!” Reina pointed a finger at Eri

Eri raised her head for the first time since their conversation, tears streaming down her face, shocked at the accusation “No!!! That was honestly what I was doing, dancing…yes, I can’t deny that I didn’t enjoy it” confessed Eri turning away from an angered Reina ready to blow, “But..but you know how much I love to dance, I…I just lose myself in the music…”

Reina’s anger decreased a bit acknowledging this fact “But that doesn’t explain how that…that thing was all over you”

“Rei, I can’t control others being all over me, I can only control myself and my own actions.  I only took it as dancing, nothing more” By now Reina’s short temper had been somewhat deflated “I’m sorry that you took it the wrong way but I’m not going to brush everyone off when I’m in the heat of a dance off because of you” Eri lowered her head and wiped the tears that was beginning to brim with a tissue from the coffee table.  Eri wasn’t sure what to expect now because she hasn’t really voiced her love for dancing over her lover before.  Out of fear for the worst to come, Eri just hung her head low, tears starting to fall.

She felt a weight beside her and Reina’s finger on her chin lifting her face to Reina’s.  Unexpectedly, Reina lunged forward and kissed Eri, surprising Eri at first but responded not long after. “I’m sorry Eri, I’m sorry for throwing my temper at you before listening to your explanation, and you’re right you shouldn’t have to choose between dancing and me.  It was your passion for dancing that caught my attention in the first place and it shouldn’t be the one to break us up.”

Sensing the sincerity in Reina’s words, Eri couldn’t help but hug her tightly with a smile “Oh Rei!!!”

“So…what was this girl’s name?” Reina asked pulling away

Eri giggled and lightly smacked Reina over the head “I didn’t catch it and I didn’t keep that piece of paper.  Even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you, that trick doesn’t work on me, the last I need is you going to jail for killing this girl”

Reina snapped her fingers in frustration, “Darn it! I thought I pulled that off smoothly” causing more giggling from Eri.  Reina got up and stretched ‘It is so tiring getting upset over something that shouldn’t, used up more energy than should’

As she was stretching, Eri took the chance and pulled Reina back down “Rei…we have to go and clean up the mess you made”

Reina turned to look at Eri and pouted “Do we have to?”

Eri gave Reina a peck on the lips “Unfortunately yes YOU do because this is still Maimi and Saki’s home”

‘Darn it she caught that too!’ “Awww when did my baby become so smart? I always wonder why they don’t have any servants in this house, I mean they’re rich enough for it right?” whined Reina unwilling to clean up the mess she created

Eri tugged on Reina’s arm, trying to get her up “Because they don’t want to be seen differently, they want to know how to do things on their own without additional help” reluctantly, Reina got up from the couch “I mean, honestly would you like working for brats?”

Reina cocked an eyebrow at Eri “Brats??? No, of course not!!! Brat is just too nice of a descriptive word, maybe monsters???

Eri and Reina burst out laughing “S-sh-shhhh!!!! Don’t let them hear you say that heehee but seriously, the aren’t such the usual rich brats so I think it’s good that they like doing things on their own”

Hand in hand, Eri and Reina walked out of the study only to see Saki frowning in front of them, arms crossed over her chest and right foot tapping on the floor in constant rhythm, Maimi and Ai no where in sight “So you think I am worse than a brat eh? I am a monster eh??? Is this the thanks we get for hiring and providing for you???  Oh if Maimi heard that too, this will make it all worth watching and savouring” smirked Saki

Reina and Eri gulped, then Reina pushed Eri behind her “Er…didn’t anyone teach you it’s not nice to be eavesdropping??”

Saki stood there, arms still crossed, foot still tapping “She wasn’t eavesdropping, she was going to tell you guys to come out for tiramisu cake she bought, you guys weren’t really quiet yourself with your giggling and laughing and not to mention the door was wide open” Ai walked in with slices of said cake on a tray, head nodding towards the study

Reina and Eri both looked back and mentally kicked themselves forgetting about the wide open door and the fact that the walls of the study weren’t exactly solid, they were semi-transparent.  They both then turned to the awaiting Saki who has not changed positions or actions “Er…Saki-chan” Eri walked from behind Reina and rushed to Saki, hugging on one side of her “you know we don’t mean it seriously right? You wouldn’t tell Maimi-chan right??? You’re one of our favourite people in the world, nice, warm, caring, mature” still no response from Saki

“Don’t worry, she won’t have to tell me anything.  I’d like to hear the end of that list though and how you’re going to squirm you’re way out of that one” Everyone looked at the top fo the stairs except Saki, including Ai, who was just as shocked as Reina and Eri to find Maimi standing there, arms crossed, with Airi behind amused at the events unfolding

Reina and Eri gulped again “Ah Maimi, Suzuki-san just in time for dessert” declared Ai carrying a tray with cups and a teapot ‘You’re just going to stand there??? You’re not helping Ai-chan’ Reina racked her brain for a way out since their final help was…not helping

Saki got out of Eri’s semi-hug and walked closer to the bottom of the stairs, whereas Maimi and Airi descended down to the meet her. ‘Uh oh’ was the only thought going through Reina and Eri’s minds “You know what Maimi?” Saki asked teasingly

“What Saki?” responded Maimi in the same tone

“I haven’t sparred in a while, how about you?”

Maimi loosened up her neck and shoulders “Nope, not in a while.  It would be great to throw a couple of jabs right about now” Maimi jabbed the air demonstrating the types of jabs and locations she was aiming for

Saki turned back to Reina and Eri “How about you guys?”

Eri hid behind Reina “Can…can we pass?”

Maimi and Saki smirked, looked at each other and then turned to their prey “Not a chance in hell” they responded in unison

“Wait!!!” Reina held her hand out “If you want to spar, you can but only with me though…I’m the one that made the comment, it’s not Eri’s fault”

“I’m fine with that, Maimi, what about you?”

“Sounds good to me…but for extended time”

‘I’m dead!!!!’ “….*Huff* fine”

“Who is first Saki?” ‘Please be Saki, please be Saki’

“Why don’t you go first Maimi” ‘Noooo! Argh!! I’m totally mince meat.  Saki, I can still take on and bear, but Maimi not so much’

“Very well” Maimi looked at Reina “Gear up!!!”

Reina slowly walked across the room with Eri in tow and down to their workout room, everyone followed behind them including Ai and Airi. As they were descending down the stairs, Saki took hold of Airi’s shoulders  “Just so that you know, Miya is at home with Niigaki-san already” Airi’s smile faltered “Yeah, she called and told me about her troubles and concern, and yes she was upset but from the context of it all, she was more worried than upset” Saki patted Airi’s shoulder a couple of times before continuing to the workout room

Airi shook her head ‘Can’t think about this now, don’t want to dampen the mood.  I’ll figure something out maybe I should talk to ane tomorrow’ Airi’s worry was immediately taken away when she saw Reina in her ready pose, all geared up from head to toe with extra padding, it almost made her look like a tree person.  It also looked like she was unable to walk around much either.

“You know that extra padding isn’t going to help much right?” Maimi asked putting on her gloves

“Hehe…please go easy on me?”

“Here I come!!!” Maimi charged at Reina, who closed her eyes waiting for the first blow.  Eri who was on the sidelines couldn’t bear to look covering her eyes with both hands. Reina felt a light punch across her head *THUMP* and nothing more “You can open your eyes guys” Reina and Eri both opened their eyes to see Saki and Maimi side by side.  They both grinned and put up their middle finger before laughing “You should’ve seen the look on your face”

Reina coming to her senses realized that Maimi and Saki weren’t upset at them and just scared Eri and herself shitless “It’s not funny guys!!! I honestly thought you’d attack me” Fear finally draining out of Reina, she collapsed

Saki loomed over laughing “Serves you right for causing such a mess in the house from your throwing escapade and for calling us monsters.  Some of those items were my favourite.”

Eri rushed over to Reina’s side “So…so you’re not upset at us???”

Saki lightly pushed Eri on the head “Silly turtle, we’ve known you guys for a long enough period to know what you guys think of us”

“Eri…a little help??” Reina was desperately trying to get up but due to the padding around her body, she could only roll around

“So Airin, how about that dessert?” Maimi took off her gloves and guided a hysterical Airi back to the living room with Saki and Ai following suite

“You know I haven’t had tiramisu cake in a while Saki-chan” Ai spoke ignoring Reina’s plea for help

“Me too, that’s why I had to buy one.  Just thinking about it makes my mouth water”

“Guys? Guys?” Eri who was struggling to pull Reina up called after her housemates “Rei!!! Why did you put the full padding? It’s so heavy!!!”

“Don’t complain!!! I was protecting you and this is what I get in return???”

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Colour of Truth - Chapter 39 - 04/28
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2010, 11:28:16 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Omigod this chapter was great! I'm so relieved Eri and Reina made up, they're just too sweet. Then the whole part with sparring and Reina 'protecting' Eri.  :lol: :wub: :lol:

Motto kudasai.

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:56 AM »
I meant Erina and Sayu looked alike. So when Maimi entered the cafe and saw the cute waitress, why didn't she remind her of her ex.

I was wondering who that person Eri was dancing with was. Now I see it's just a random person XD That AiriMaimi bit where she put the cold drink on her face sounds like what Sayu wrote in her blog. Only difference is it was a cold banana and not a drink :D

I bet Saki was thinking "WTF?!" when Reina accused Eri of being with her :D Is Maimi telling the truth about the pain in her side? And I have melted into mush when reading the last part. Too kawaii~~

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: If anything, the only people that aren't usually serious is TanaKamei so of course the comical relief will revolve around this pair.

Also me thinks that I haven't written much about this pair so for those TanaKamei lovers  ;)  I will try to incorporate more TanaKamei moments as much as I can

@ Mame-chan: Really? I don't think they look a like.....I'll have to look at the Hello Pro Meeting and stare at them for an hour or so  :lol:

Ahh~~ But remember Maimi at the time was going to meet her ex, so obviously, if they are a waitress, it wouldn't strike anything.

The random person actually is someone in my mind, I originally wanted to create a bigger rift in TanaKamei fight but thought otherwise, wanna guess who I was referring to???

I haven't read Sayu's blog so I don't know that one  :?

Is Maimi telling the truth about the pain in her side??? Hun, were you actually expecting me to answer that one???  :lol:

Chapter 40

Time: 2:34 am

Maimi and Saki walked Airi back to the guest room when Ai, Reina and Eri had gone to their rooms “Ano…” Maimi and Saki stopped walking and turned to Airi “Ano…how was Miya when you spoke to her Shimizu-san?” Maimi and Saki exchanged glances unsure whether they should bring it up or ease the girl.  At the end of their mini eye exchange conversation they  took each of Airi’s arms leading her to the guest room in silence.  It was only until all 3 were behind closed doors and seated that Saki answered her

“I don’t think it’s too bad, by the time she spoke to me at around 9ish, she wasn’t too furious”

“Probably because ane got to her before she could vent about our TNT” mumbled Airi

Maimi and Skai shared a confused look “Sorry Airin, but what TNT?”

“Well what is TNT or what do you know to be the common name for TNT?”

“Er…dynamite?” Saki answered unsure what the connection is

Airi nodded “Whenever Miya and I get into a fight it usually explodes like dynamite and the end results is that we scatter away from each other.  We use to have a lot when we were youngsters, so I renamed those moments to be TNT”

Saki placed a hand on Airi’s shoulder “Suzuki-san, I don’t think you have to worry about it too much.  Yes she may be upset, but I’m sure she’ll get over it, blood runs thicker than water, you can’t get rid of her that easy”

“But…” Airi started to tear “I’ve said some hurtful things to her…things you can’t just ignore and forgive” Airin obviously couldn’t forgive nor forget the words that left her mouth.

Maimi and Saki chuckled “Trust us, we’ve been there, done that and we’re not even related.  If space is all you guys need then give it to her” chimed Maimi handing Airi a tissue

“I’m sure if you guys talked it out later, everything will be fine, and we know that if its work-related, the tension will be there and all it takes is for one to start reasoning and then for a proper discussion to take place.  You know Miya better than I do, so if anyone can tell you what you should do, its you” Saki and Maimi patted Airi on the back one last time before heading out “Our rooms are down the hall if you need us and they are labelled in case you’re wondering”

‘True to say, in the past, after Miya rants to ane, all it takes is ice-cream to make her smile again but that was ages ago, will it still work? I just need to show Miya that I’m not far off about the lead, maybe she’ll finally understand, but how much faith do I have on that being accomplished? Not much sad to say.  I can’t let our team fall apart because of our differences but just because I don’t want it to, will I still have my second in command backing me up?’ Question after question, doubt after doubt appeared in Airi’s mind, so much that she started crying in fear.  She’s never felt this way before because all past arguments were when they were young, it was over something small, stupid even but now that they’re older things were difficult.  Airi covered her mouth afraid that someone would hear her as she tried to contain her hysteria.

~KNOCK KNOCK~ soft knocking was heard, at first instinct, Airi jumped on the bed and covered her head with the blanket pretending to sleep

“Airin?” Airi heard Maimi slowly open the door and called out to her.  She then felt a weight on the edge of the bed “Airin, it’s only me, you don’t have to hide.  I…I heard you outside and I got worried” Maimi started stroking Airi’s back through the blanket.  From Maimi’s view, she could see Airi’s body shaking frantically “Airin, talk to me, let it out, don’t bottle it up inside” Maimi slowly reached for the covers and unvealed a crying Airi.  Maimi continued to stroke Airi’s back with one hand and wiping Airi’s tears with the other at times repeating to Airi that it’s alright, or that she’s here for her until Airi’s shaking subsided a bit.

“T-tha-thanks *hic*” Airi muffled out

Maimi turned Airi’s face towards her and moved the hairs away from her face “No problem.  Did you want to talk?” Maimi helped Airi into a sitting position, leaning her back at the head of the bead, before sitting beside her, one arm wrapped around her shoulders, stroking her arm and the other, neatly placing the blanket over their laps.

Airi leaned her head on Maimi’s shoulder sniffing and calming herself down “*sniff* I-I…I don’t know what *hic* came over me *sniff* I thought about w-what *hic* to do with Miya and then… and then *sniff* all the worries came…” Airi’s voice was trembling again signalling another waterfall to occur

Maimi began to stroke Airi’s head “Shhhhh!!! If talking about it makes things wores then don’t, just calm yourself okay?”

Airi shook her head slightly “*sniff*…I-I need to say it, all *hic* the w-worries came crashing down at me and I-I got scared” After Airi’s final sentence, she couldn’t contain herself anymore, she sobbed into Maimi’s shoulder

Maimi continued to hush Airi and at times reminded Airi that it’ll be okay and that she’s there for her while Airi’s tears just continued to descend.  Soon the crying died down and only the sound of breathing could be heard.  Out of curiousity, Maimi shifted a bit and looked down at Airi to find her asleep, curled up against Maimi’s side.  Maimi smiled ‘Poor girl, she tired herself out from all that crying’ Maimi moved a bit, planning on lying Airi on the bed but at each movement Airi would stir and tug Maimi’s closer to her side

Time: 3:23 am

Just heard from Pint and Model, no news so far about Ken pressing charges~ Whiz

I didn’t think they would since they don’t like the police to get involved~Swift

Don’t let your guards down though, I am pretty sure that security is tighter now and they won’t let us off so easily   :on thumbb:~ Gen

What is our next move?~ Ace

Whiz, I’ll need you to do an indepth search on Ren Matsumoto, I’ve started but do an indepth analysis to see if you can find more facts and things about our next target~Gen

Should I inform Pint and Model of to be on the look out as well?  :?~ Sexy

Do that and tell them that’s our next target~Swift

Has anyone found anything about Com’s underling???  :?~Gen

Nope  :roll:~Ace & Sexy

Bet you guys didn’t even bother checking *glaring*  :smhid~ Swift

Guilty as charged!!!  :P~Ace & Sexy

Do the best you can everyone, I want to know how Com knows, it can be beneficial for us, but I don’t like the fact that Com has us under surveillance~ Gen

Will do the best I can~ Whiz

Ditto~ Swift

ToAll: Be on the look out because I believe Ken will be looking for us and I’m pretty sure that Nakai is and has informed Matsumoto as well.  We will have to think of a plan that won’t expose us and will get the task done, so our task on hand now is to think of that plan~Gen

Got it  :on GJ:~Whiz

Will do  :thumbup~Swift

On it  :doh: ~ Ace & Sexy

Will try  :) ~ Pint & Model
Time: 3:30 am

“Ken!!!” Taiyo’s voice could be heard hollering out at him

Ken rolled his eyes before he plastered a smile on his face and turned to face Taiyo “Yes boss”

“How are things between you and Matsumoto’s side?” asked Taiyo while lighting a cigarette

“Nakai-san, I want to know why we have to rely on Matsumoto-san at all??”

“Because Matsumoto-san has the connections we don’t have”

“So why can’t we get it out of him??? That way we wouldn’t have to share the profits with another group??”

Taiyo slapped Ken “Are you stupid??? Do you know how many years of effort it takes for parties in this business to trust each other???  Those guys don’t trust just about anyone, they are putting their lives on the line, so you expect to just go up to them and they’ll show you everything???”

Ken wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth “Sorry Nakai-san, I was being foolish and stupid”

“I’m beginning to think you’re not as quick witted as you portrayed.  If you don’t know how these things work I suggest you take some lessons on this business from Matsumoto-san’s guy” Taiyo spat “What about Tokugawa?? What else have you found??”

“Nothing, there were no witnesses and there was no one around that saw him.  He has tons of enemies out there so it could be anyone of them”

“Well did you pay these guys a visit??” Ken shook his head “If you don’t do anything how are you going to find out?” Again Taiyo slapped Ken before he left in a huff

Ken slowly turned his face and glared in the direction Taiyo left ‘I’ll show you who is being fooling and stupid.  This won’t go without being remembered, you watch it, I’ll return this favour, mark my words, I’ll return the favor’ Ken picked up his cell and dialled for King

“Moshi moshi”

“King-san, let’s meet to discuss about preparations, let’s meet at our usually spot”

“Ken-san, can we do it another night??? I’m in a meeting with Matsumoto-san right now”

“Call me later”

Time: 6:30 am

Saki woke up at her usual hour and was getting ready to do her morning work-out.  She walked out her door towards the stairs but stopped and turned her head to Maimi’s opened door. ‘That’s odd! Even if Maimi is awake, she doesn’t have a habit of leaving her door open’ Saki walked closer to Maimi’s room and took a peek inside ‘Hmmmm maybe she forgot?’ Saki decided to drop it and close Maimi’s door for her before heading towards the stairs again when she walked past Airi’s room.  Through the slight open crack she can see a wide-awake Maimi trying to stretch while trying to not wake up the sleeping Airi.  Saki opened the door a little wider “Good morning” she murmured

“Morning, do me a favour? Help me put the girl lying down on the bed?” Maimi whispered to Saki.  Saki walked closer to the bed and together they managed to slide Airi down so that she was lying on the bed. Maimi pulled the covers over Airi’s chest before they both stepped out, closing the door behind them.

“What happened? Were you sleeping in that position all night?” Saki inquired a stretching and flexing Maimi

“Ugh!!!” Maimi shook out the numbness in her side and arm then cracked her neck to take the stiffness out. “I heard her crying hysterically last night so I checked up on her.  By the time she had calmed down she had fallen asleep on my shoulder.  Everytime I tried to move, she would stir so I gave up”

“So you really did sleep in that position?” Maimi nodded “Are you going to bed now?”

Maimi shook her head “Naw, I’m going to the weight room”

“Is Suzuki-san going to work or is she going to take time off?”

“Don’t know just quite yet, we’ll know when she wakes up”

“And you? Are you going to go to work?”

Maimi thought for a moment, “If Airi needs time, I don’t feel like leaving her alone, so I might work from home today if that becomes the case”

Saki nodded, “Agreed, seeing how fragile she can be right now, I don’t know whether she should be alone and seeing that she opens up to you I was about to suggest the same thing…Funny how she opens up to you” Saki smirked “So…is there something going on???”

“Argh!!! Saki you’re unbelievable!!!” Maimi walked off faster to the weight room

“Wait up!!! You didn’t answer the question!!!!” Saki ran after Maimi asking her over and over the same question that Maimi believed didn’t need to be answered

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - One World One Dream