JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chow Yun-fat - 10 Minute Medley

Author Topic: [Poll] Predict the first week sales for Itano Tomomi's "10nen go no Kimi e"  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Official :hipheart: Thread

Previous:
Dear J: 162,871
Fui ni: 90,103

Tomochin's first single in almost a year! Can she top Dear J?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
First thought was better then Fui Ni, but less than Synchro Tokimeki, so between 90K and 120K.

I think the upcoming release spree might hurt in the sense that fans might pick-up one copy instead of all four types and instead opt to add either the NMB, SKE, AKB and maybe even Sasshi/N46 to their order. On the other hand, people might not think that far ahead which works in favor of Tomochin since she's the first in the spree.

The songs are nowhere near as catchy as Dear J was, but at least the Clone PV is pretty hot.

So yeah, I think she should be happy if she can break 100K.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
It might benefit from the 9 month release gap, and Clone as the b-side, but the song and PV for 10nen are rather weak. I don't think it will fair much better than Fui ni, especially with the release marathon incoming / MnSG a month after. Voted < 100K

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
I think Tomochin has a lot of fans who aren't really into AKB48 at all, so obviously the release spree won't mean anything to them. Then there's the folks who'll be grabbing it simply because the Clone PV is super hot.

I think it might do about as well as Dear J, so I'm voting <175K

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Voted 120K

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
One more week to go! Get those votes in for bragging rights!  XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
To be honest I'm not expecting much despite the fact that I like both 10nen and Clone a lot. The release seems pretty rushed so there's no way 10nen will do Dear J numbers. It's pretty messed up that 10nen is coming out in a few days and there's still not a single live performance. That's definitely gonna hurt the sales :sweatdrop:

My prediction:
1st day: 45,000
1st week: 80,000
Total: around 100,000

I think 10nen will sell about as many copies as Fui ni or maybe even less due to lack of promotion. Tomochin hasn't appeared on any TV-shows to promote the single and there has not been that many magazine appearances. Most importantly they don't even have a Tomotruck this time so 10nen will most likely not do that well sales wise...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:00:09 PM by Masa »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
My prediction:
1st day: 45,000
1st week: 80,000

This is pretty close, actually! Based on my 'models' the first week total will end up around 67K, but lately we've seen extra boosts during the week, so who knows.

Damn it, why did they have to cut costs on the Tomo Truck! That's 20K lost, right there.  :oops:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chow Yun-fat - 10 Minute Medley