JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Scream

Author Topic: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris  (Read 111830 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [2009/10/31] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 01:43:19 AM »
:welcome CDevil

Oh werd? Did we meet. Hmm, hope so. What did you look like? Cool. Welcome Welcome. AX was life changing. We at :hipheart: take our fan stalking ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR events seriously lol

Bring yo ass there, scream like a maniac. That's the BEST WAY TO HELP!!  :jphip:

Offline CDevil

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 02:40:07 AM »
Yeah I think we met a few times at the airport on Day 0 and when MM left, I was the weird short Filipino dude wearing an AKB48 shirt when they arrived XD I met a bunch of you the day before Day 0 too when we waited at the airport but MM didn't show (I think it was rev2hd and limitbreaker). Not a good pic but I'm this guy:

I didn't go to Seattle but if Paris is as good as that then I'll be happy.

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 03:40:37 AM »
rev2hd:  :(  I was also wondering if you were up for this.  darn.

daigong:  As for places to stay, I'm not firmly locked on anything yet since I'm weighing who needs roomies and such.  Since I've locked down the plane ticket and the expo ticket, this was the least critical item for me and I wanted to take my time and do it right.   ;)

I'm considering doing the hostel option, which actually might be good if other folks want to join in for cost and company (we don't have to all stay in the same rooms of course.)  But elgie could probably provide more info since she was the one who brought up the option.  ;)

This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2009, 04:59:44 AM »
@Kristen: Aww thank you! You're so nice!<3 I'll PM you.
@Dai: Wooooo the Yossie fangirls from Japan are the best XD I love how you have so many ideas on what we could send them!
@CDevil: I remember seeing you at AX. Awesome that you got to be in row E3! Welcome!!  :welcome
@Dinny: Awww =( I guess for the rest of us, we can look forward to 2010.

*Sigh* I even asked my sister if she can ask one of her friend's mom who works at the airport for a discount XD But she just said "Mom wont let you go". True  :cry:. She wouldnt let me fly to Paris all by myself >.<. She'd just laugh, or scream.

Hope Chibi Japan Expo can post up the schedule soon, I want to see what they have planned for H&A.

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 05:12:23 AM »
^ Tell your mom that you won't be alone.  You'll be with us!!!

Wow, I can't remember the last time I asked permission from my parents to do something...  Then again, that's what got me into trouble a lot as a kid.   :twisted:
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2009, 05:46:46 AM »
^ Haha yeah she's still super overprotective and Im going to be 21 in December XD. But I convinced her to let me go to Japan earlier this year with my sister and a friend for the Elder Club grad concert and that was a HUGE accomplishment lol. She was crying at the airport when we reached the gate XD. But it would have been alot of fun to hang out with everyone again.

My problems are:
School: Cant miss school, I slacked off enough this year to miss school.
Money: Im broke. Plus I need more money for school.
And I cant go by myself unless I drag my sister with me, but she already said no lol.

How sad XD.

I think if I found the tickets really REALLY cheap, I would TRY to go. Convince my mom somehow and only miss school Friday. But, I checked the prices again today, and they are still in the $700-$800 range =/. So I guess it's H&A in 2010 for me (which Im hoping they tour again).

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2009, 08:53:27 AM »
OK, so I don't know yet where I'm going to lodge once in Paris since it's possible I'll be able to go with my family. But just in case, Linna2040 and I are looking for some cheap, clean and preferably centric places to stay at. To keep costs down we don't mind sharing rooms, so anyone who's looking for some low budget accommodation just hop in!

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »
^ Too funny, you beat me to the announcement.   :lol:

So, folks, if you're interested, whether sharing a room or just want to be in the same hostel, PM me, and I'll send the word to you.

Also, let me know if you're a guy/girl and if you have preferences to NOT stay in the same room with a member of the opposite gender.  It's not a bad thing to be modest...  even on this board.   8)

I already told elgie I'd want to confirm something by the end of the month (at the latest.)

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »
don't know if it can help
a cheap hotel @ montreuil
http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/hotel-5037-etap-hotel-paris-porte-de-montreuil/index.shtml
from 35€ for 1, 2 or 3
it's not a palace but Etap hotels are correct
same kind
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3488-formule-1-hotelf1-paris-porte-de-montreuil/index.shtml

expect a high price if you wan't to find a hotel in Paris.
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/home/index.shtml

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
^ If I'm able to go (wich I hope) I'll probably go to one of those hostels. I've been in Paris four times already and I can tell that hotels there aren't cheap at all.

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »
The Etap Montreuil hotel is a very good choice since it's in the same zone as the expo. And it's really, really cheap. Good find! :D

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »
The Etap Montreuil is one of the places I saw first, but after reading reviews about that place, I quickly decided not to stay there.  UNCLEEEEEEEAAAN.  .___.;;

So I shot Chibi Japan Expo a question about when they'd release the schedule.  They replied:

Bonjour,

Le programme est dévoilé au fur et à mesure sur notre site, il se construit petit à petit, c'est pourquoi nous
Ne pouvons pas tout dévoiler d'un coup. N'hésitez pas à consulter notre site pour connaître les détails pratiques (ouverture et fermeture
Du salon, tarifs, etc.).

Bon festival à vous,

L'équipe de Japan Expo

Hello,
The schedule is revealed gradually as our site is being built bit by bit, that's why we can't reveal it all at once. Don't hesitate to check our site for practical details (opening, closing, rates, etc.).

Good festival to you,
The Japan Expo Team

:tama-mad:

Edit:
Oh, a question for you, sh15uya and anyone who lives in/near Paris.  How is the Montreuil area?  Is it safe to walk around at night?  Some of us may just walk from our hotels to the expo and that can range from 15-20 min walking.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:04:03 PM by Kimuuu »

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »
No shit, I just read the reviews. Berch. On the other hand, I'm looking at the Suitehotel which is very close and, though quite more expensive, looks like a good deal. The Ibis is a bit cheapre but not as nice.
If you're going for the very, very cheap option, try the youth hostels instead. You'll get a level of quality similar to those of a 1-star or the 2-low-star hotels, but at best prices.
As for the zone of Montreuil, it's not very nice... but that's where the convention is being held. If you don't mind taking the tube to the expo, a good part to look at is the zone of Bastille and Opera: it's not too centric so the accomodations aren't very expensive, but it's an OK quarter. Beware of Montmartre! It's very touristic by day, but at night it might be dreary depending of which parts.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2009, 05:30:46 PM »

Edit:
Oh, a question for you, sh15uya and anyone who lives in/near Paris.  How is the Montreuil area?  Is it safe to walk around at night?  Some of us may just walk from our hotels to the expo and that can range from 15-20 min walking.
Monteuil is not what we called 'touristic' :lol: same for "Porte de Bagnolet". Of course it's not Bronx, but I wouldn't go for holidays.
I don't think I would go around at night but the 1st reason is probably that there is nothing to do at night there lol
nah don't worry this part of Ile-de-France is quite ok

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2009, 05:55:19 PM »
Oh I would just go into the heart of the city to go sightseeing, not out in Montreuil or Porte de Bagnolet. XD  But just wanted to know how safe the area is for walking to and from the expo.  Thanks for the speedy replies, sh15uya and elgie!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2009, 05:59:36 PM »
H&A signed with Gan-Shin  :twothumbs

Official European Releases and Tour Dates coming up!!!

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2009, 06:08:03 PM »
Oh, man. More european tours? They're going to suck all my money!!!  XD

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »
H&A signed with Gan-Shin  :twothumbs

Official European Releases and Tour Dates coming up!!!
:shocked :shocked :shocked
If they gonna visit other European coutries too, I'd really love to go but... I'm afraid of my money situtation >__>;;

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »
They might as well visit The Netherlands and Germany while they're in the neighborhood  :P
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:34:39 PM by BarrieV »

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
Oh wow more tour dates coming up?! Awesome  :yossi: :otomerika:

@Kim: I wasnt sure if you were going to go, but if you are, then WOOOOO!!! 

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Scream