JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Hashiru

Author Topic: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris  (Read 111828 times)

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
Re: [2009/10/31] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:07 AM »
H&A signed with Gan-Shin  :twothumbs

Official European Releases and Tour Dates coming up!!!

Wow!  Talk about mixed emotions!!!   :shocked

I'm genuinely happy for IY in terms of legitimacy and exposure.  As well as for other fans to see them if they can't make Paris.   :twothumbs

On the other hand, while I want to go, I don't think I have it in me to be a tour groupie.  Nor do I think work would allow it.  :(

It was made very clear to me today in a work planning meeting that I was lucky to ask for time off when I did.  I had to remind my supervisor 4 or 5 times that I would be out of the country when she started assessing everyone's workload and assigning new projects.  So I don't think I can change my dates to accomodate any additional EU shows.

Still, I have Tokyo penciled in.  And that may be more than enough to look forward to for now.

I guess it's wait and see for now.  I can't imagine they'd fly IY out to just do Paris, fly 'em back to Japan, and then fly 'em out to do other EU dates.  But again, logic isn't always a factor.

According to their official schedules, I think Yossie's live show on 10/18 is the last public commitment for either of them in Japan before Paris.

[Edit: corrected Yonkies show reference as 10/10.]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:24:56 AM by Linna2040 »
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2009, 05:14:36 AM »
^hmmm...

there ain't no way for me to make it to Europe this year or next, but i'm quite resolute about Tokyo-Nagoya...

and i kinda have the plan of becoming a tour groupie XD

i hope i can afford it...

thanks to me not being american, i still have to apply for a visa... and really, i'm quite scared for that part...

anyway, if i can make it, i hope you see ya! (i just finally connected your username to bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040... which is kinda inane of me cuz IT's RIGHT THERE! XD)

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2009, 06:54:49 AM »
there ain't no way for me to make it to Europe this year or next, but i'm quite resolute about Tokyo-Nagoya...

and i kinda have the plan of becoming a tour groupie XD

Maybe we should start an H&A Japanese Tour thread!  And then we can all meet and greet and be H&A groupies!

(i just finally connected your username to bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040... which is kinda inane of me cuz IT's RIGHT THERE! XD)

XD  That's too funny and timely!  I had just finished my mega 9 year fanfic series a couple of weeks ago (there was a long break in the middle.)  I had to choose a username of one of the original coolest and most underrated lesbian anime character -- before I discovered H!P.  (Of course, being underrated was probably what made her cool!)  I would've prefered Sylia cuz she had mega style but she had that Nigel thing.   :smhid
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2009, 06:57:01 AM »
@ds12:  I'm planning to go, but I don't have the OK yet from my boss and from my professor.  woo~ :ph43r:

Yeah, I can't be a hardcore tour groupie.  Don't have the time or funds for it.  Jumping at the chance to see h&A in Paris is bad enough for me.  XD  I highly doubt I'll make it to the Tokyo tour.  :(  I would've loved to meet truuuuuuuuuu.

LOL h&A Euro tour thread.  Niiiiiiiiiiice!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
@Linna2040: man, i bought the whole series of BGC T2040 on VHS... HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THAT?! T_T

sylvia x linna x priss = tru_dead_to_drowning_in_own_drool

tru_fail...

@Kimuuu: we will meet someday, somehow... IshiYoshi will make a way... XD

honestly, i've been worried about that european tour shizz.. XD

like we gotta budget delegation, finances and shizz...

so that :hipheart: will always be there... i dunno...

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
Poked around the Gan-Shin site (and quickly realized my year of living in Germany a couple of decades ago was completely useless.)

But with the help of some online translation tools, it seems that they're announce 10/30 as the start of the H&A EU invasion.  So at the least it means no new concert dates before then.

Oh, and @tru:  I bought the VHS set too.   8)

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
^ they also have an English version of their website: http://www.gan-shin.de/2-1-news.html

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2009, 07:40:19 PM »
^ Oh duh.  :P Look for the UK flag next time.  Cearly not used to EU sites.  

Um, but the English page lists their EU debut as November 30th...  :? Thinking I'd better stick to browsing on the Deutsch side.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:42:24 PM by Linna2040 »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »
The German site says the same: Man sollte sich den 30.10.2009 gut vormerken, denn dann wird die HANGRY&ANGRY  Welle Europa erreichen!

Maybe they know something we don't  :huhuh

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »
^ Ummmm.  Isn't October the 10th month in the year?

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »
EPIC!! :ptam-wub:

That's cool - tour groupie, that's the DREAM! As long as we got peeps repping it HARD for :hipheart: they will know. The dedicated lie here. From the ~Dan~ and Masa's who stay up late Euro hours to keep on top of news, to the Seattle Group who trailblazed the way for more and more UFA-related acts to come to the USA. We can't all be like Terrie. KIDDING!! :P

Linna, Kimmy, +u+u, elgie, BarrieV all set?? - I'm a send reps a jphip pimp package. Germany too Linna, hope u remember the place well. hehe.

Through all this, I wonder about Terrie. She's the gold standard XD

I wouldn't doubt if they just slapped em on the plane right after. Hotels cost as much as plane tickets XD like Yossi in LA. The girls are gonna be sooo busy :o

WERD. CDevil I remember flipping out with your crew. Hell, did we even interview you for JPHiP.tv?? Ping and his mic?

*Sigh* I even asked my sister if she can ask one of her friend's mom who works at the airport for a discount XD But she just said "Mom wont let you go". True  :cry:. She wouldnt let me fly to Paris all by myself >.<. She'd just laugh, or scream.

awww...SO CLOSE...:heart: your sis isn't as big a H&A Fan?? Dun worry, we can rep it hard HERE.

I'm really STOKED for Europe. NOW'S THE TIME!!! Seize the MOMENT!!

I'm thinking, we keep piling up a scrap book of our adventures on these tours. Keep on going "eh! Eh! It's us again. Or more of us. Pink Heart. H&A :jphip:" kinda deal. Variations of our classic H&A shirt but with different languages. tru was telling me her students were saying dem shirts were SO PROFESSIONAL!!!

I was gonna suggest record a message and play it on an ipod but the handlers might toss you away.

I'm hoping they tour Spain, Germany, UK, and of course Finland!!! Get my homies all represented. FINLAND!! cuz me and Masa will be there claiming :hipheart: like no other. And Rika wanted  to see the Northern Lights (which she can also see from my town too).

And no doubt ... make up the Asia! Europe! H&A Plan threads. We've written the Blue Print in Seattle and LA. Like I said in my drunken convos/speeches, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNNING!!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2009, 10:18:29 AM »
^truly inspirational, boss...

jphip h&A tshirts looked so pro, jap students thought they were official merch! XD

:hipheart:

we will plant our flag on every nation h&A set their foot in!!!

i love this nation...

:jphip: and  :otomerika: :yossi: FOR LIFE!!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2009, 10:21:59 AM »
WERD TRU!!! Every second I'm scheming.

I got word from Mae. Aya. and Mika are A GO!!! I'm gonna shoot you a PM. Linna. About Rooms.

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2009, 10:53:47 AM »
Yep, pm'd back.  (Paused in browsing through my brand new copy of Frommer's guide to Paris.)

More and more I'm feeling like I'm obligated to actually wear a jph!p T-shirt at the Expo.   :jphip:

Oh, I'm also looking at digital cameras -- something compact and takes good impromptu pics.  Video clips would be nice but not required.  (I have one but it's a little too bulky for on-the-fly tourist and convention hopping.)  Anyone want to rave about their model, please PM me!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2009, 11:29:05 AM »
:on lol: I think I teased you about T-shirt wearing in Seattle.

GREAT! Yeah my Sony W220 did the trick. but the T-series has better quality video.

How perfect. Rika playing right now on the radio.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2009, 11:49:04 AM »
^ Ummmm.  Isn't October the 10th month in the year?

Sorry  :nervous I've been tired as hell lately  :lol:

Linna, Kimmy, +u+u, elgie, BarrieV all set?? - I'm a send reps a jphip pimp package. Germany too Linna, hope u remember the place well. hehe.

If they tour the Netherlands / Belgium / (West) Germany the roof is going off!  :cow: We'll be there with bells on  :P
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:52:25 AM by BarrieV »

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2009, 12:44:33 PM »
Well, so I'll definitely be going all by myself. I'm still trying to push my contacts for some free accomodation, but I wouldn't count on it. Sooooo, let's keep on the cheap-hotel hunting! :D

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 07:56:55 PM »
What's with Dai's obsession for Finland? LOLz! But hell yeah!! PLZ bring h&A here, anytime :drool:
Even Rika mentioned Finland in one h&A's interview!!  :w00t:
JROCK REVOLUTION: If you could perform anywhere, where would you go?
Hangry: Anywhere I can see the ocean.
Angry: I'd like to see the aurora! In Finland.
:twothumbs

Oh, and yeah I've booked a hotel room and sis bought Expo tickets already ^_^
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:59:33 PM by +u+u »

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »
I'm also browsing ordering pink and blue glow sticks.  Trying to narrow down whether to get 6, 10 or 12 inches.  (I think at Sakura Con they were 4 inchers?)  

I want them to be noticable but not big enough to smack people or (at worse) fly out of your sweaty hands and nail either I or Y.  I'm sure that would cause an international incident of bad proportions.   XD

So if folks want to be part of my purchase, let me know so I order enough.   :jphip:

Edit:  No, I'm not asking people to financially pitch in.  Unless there's going to be an insane amount of you and I have trouble getting them through customs.

Oh and Big D, thanks for the digi cam tip.  Gonna check it out!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:14:37 PM by Linna2040 »

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
Well it looks like I'm going to have to take myself out of this trip.  Have to be fair to my employees who want to take their time off & stuff.  Oh well... But that means I get to make my return to Japan next year for sure.  Hopefully the concert isn't scheduled anytime during the winter Olympics, before or after = good for me. During = bad.

To all the European folks and those making the pilgrimage from overseas, have fun! It's definitely a blast seeing H&A live.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Hashiru