JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Megitsune

Author Topic: Wandering Ship [wMatsui Arc] - Chapter 17 [Announcement for all series]  (Read 38401 times)

Offline FlameHazeKatsu

• Pinoy Alliance {:D
  • Member+
  • Atsumina~! ♥ forever <3
Re: Wandering Ship [Atsumina, Kojiyuu, etc.] - Chapter 5
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »
Daaaaamn!!! Fighting scene was one hell of a scene!  :mon yeah:  Woot! Woot! :mon beam:  and of course Acchan would get angry if someone "hurts" her captain!  :mon squee: YESH! Lol
and Yuko..............  :mon speechless:

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 12:09:49 AM »
oh.. great action again...

Atsuko is very protective over Minami... but what is it about Yuko distrust Minami.. what's the reason?

Well anyhow, great fic there... Thank you... can't wait to see the next

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:25 AM »
@arrow27: I suppose then what I'm doing is a good thing. Enjoy the ride then of painfully waiting for each event to occur!  :wahaha:

@cisda83: The reason will come soon~  :glasses:

Thanks for the comments and it's been a while since I last uploaded this. So wa-la, here's an update from me. Enjoy it~ (and lemme go study for my Stat test and finish up my Chemistry lab for tomorrow)

Hope it meets all of your expectations and sorry if I didn't. I'll try to make it even better in the next chapter!  :err:

[Chapter 6]

After the battle against one of the many formidable Redcoats of England, all of the members were at ease. Their ship just floating and stay still on the quiet sea. Nightfall came upon them all, bringing peace to them. The gentle white moon with twinkling stars from above.

A couple of unfortunate and unlucky members needed to visit Matsui Rena for their treatment. The unluckiest one of them all was Minegishi Minami. Struck with a cannonball, it was a miracle that she is still breathing. Rena tended to her wounds luckily earlier on during their battle with the Redcoats lucky enough. If Yuko was just late a split second to handing over the critical condition of the other Minami, who would've known what would happen to her?

At the moment, the members were now recovering and resting. In a couple days, they're all going to be back to being on the move again. As much as they wanted to stay resting (and being lazy), they can't hang around for long. The Redcoats back at England probably already got the message of their general location and possibly might send in back-up. Besides, their supplies are in need of restocking once more.

"Acchan-Itai!"

"Gomen gomen, Bakamina. I'll be more more gentle."

Three members, Kuramochi Asuka, Yagami Kumi and Kizaki Yuria were standing right outside of the closed captain's quarter door. Those three were peeping into the room. 'Peeping Tom' as one could call them. Thankfully for them, the door was just barely open for the three to be able to see the inside. Which from the other members point of view as they walked past by them, they just saw them bent down on their knees, peeking. From the three figures' viewpoint, they could only see the legs of their captain and Atsuko. To their surprise, their captain wasn't wearing any pants.

"Are you thinking of what I'm thinking?" Kumi whispered over to her close friend, Yuria. Yuria glanced over at Kumi and stuck her tongue out. "Are they having some sexy time?"

"Gosh. I wonder why I got dragged into this..." Asuka nearby mumbled under her breath as she closed her eyes; a sweat drop sliding down the side of her face. Truth be told, she didn't exactly want to be peering through the door with the two other girls there. Kumi and Yuria are known to be peeking into other members' private moments and would always, always, ALWAYS make another unfortunate member get dragged into their mess. It was just unlucky of her to get pulled into their curiosity. Asuka wonders to herself why she couldn't just get up from where she was kneeling down and walk away. Maybe she too is secretly wondering what their captain and co-captain are doing at the moment? Curiosity does kill the cat.

Suddenly the three nearly jumped up into the air with fright when another member's voice boomed behind them. "What are you three doing?"

Prepared to apologize, they whipped their entire body around and bow when they noticed it was just Rino. "Oh, it's just you," Yuria commented. Rino gave out a little 'hmph' with her hands on her hips. "What do you want, Sasshi?"

"Just wondering why you three are surrounding the captain's quarter door. Something up?" A small pause. That small pause was enough time for the three members to recreate their red facial expression. Instantly, Rino knew what they were thinking and up to. "Aha~ I see that you girls are interested, hm~?" She wiggled her brows at their direction, bending down to their level.

"Especially you, Mocchi. Never knew you were into this-"

"I'm not into those things!"

"We have ourselves a new hentai member-"

"Mou, I told you that I'm not into it!"

Little did they know that the door they just peeked in not too long ago opened up to reveal Atsuko. An irritated Atsuko to be accurate. Kumi and Yuria quickly noticed the dangers and retreated without saying a single word to either Rino nor Asuka. They just couldn't take the risk of being skinned alive by the co-captain herself. Sliding away from the danger, it now left both Rino and Asuka who were bickering with each other.

"I told you that I'm not a hentai!"

"Oh come on. Just admit to it! You like watching members having se-"

Rino words were cut off when a hand gave a strong karate chop to the top of her head. For a few seconds, Rino blinked in confusion. Then the next moment, she fell forward, knocked out from the blow. It took Asuka a couple of good seconds to grasp the situation at hand. And once she understood what was happening, she was frozen with fear. The co-captain was standing right above the two kneeling figures, a dark aura surrounding her body. A glare was at Asuka's direction, which made the words that she wanted to speak caught in her throat. "Do you have a death wish, Kuramochi Asuka?"

"N-No I don't! I didn't mean to!" she managed to squeeze the words out of her mouth before closing them shut again. As if luck was on her side or Atsuko wasn't in the mood to hit anymore members, she retreated back into the room with the door slammed shut behind her.

Honestly for Asuka, it wasn't her first time seeing Atsuko angry. But it was a first time that Atsuko had given her the death glare that everyone seems so terrified of. A victim to it. And she now had first-hand experience to why one shouldn't mess with this girl. Shuddering at the image she had given, she slowly got up from the ground and walked away in a robotic fashion. Not so surprisingly, she left Rino behind without looking over her shoulder.

From within the room, Minami turned her head to look at the person that just re-entered back in. She was sitting on a nearby chair on the right side of the room, waiting. "You shooed them away?" she asked. Atsuko sighed loudly and crossed her arms. "Both Mocchi and Sasshi were at the doorway. Those two were bickering loudly with each other though..."

At the moment, Minami was only wearing a very short pant that she had a habit of wearing inside of her actual pants and a white collared shirt. Only the first couple of buttons on the top were unbuttoned; just enough to reveal her shoulders and some part of her upper arms. An adhesive tape was wrapped around her left upper arm, clearly showing that her wound has been tended to. Thanks to Atsuko of course. With a quick check-up from Rena, she concluded that she only needed to clean the wound and keep it from being infected. Since Rena was full with other members that had serious injuries, Minami's close friend decided to help her with the treatment. It was nothing like what the overseers earlier had thought they had done.

"What were they bickering over?"

Atsuko was about to blurt out the answer when she stopped to think about it. Thinking... And thinking more into it, she soon realized what the two girls from earlier had bickered about. Unconsciously her face heated up to the point that she herself thought that steam came up from the top of her head. "Just... some silly little conversation about... love and stuff." Minami clearly did not understand what her partner had just told her, watching with a dumb expression as Atsuko laughed nervously. The captain scratched the back of her head, pushing away the temptation to dig through deeper into what Atsuko was hiding from her. But it probably wasn't something serious since it came from both Asuka and Rino. And Atsuko wasn't dumb to hide information if it were to risk their lives.

Leaning back slightly on her seat, she exhaled through her nose quietly. "I wonder how Mii-chan is doing right now?" She is worried. Truly worried about her close friend's conditions. When she had heard that she was in critical danger of her health, the captain had fussed over Rena multiple times about keeping Minegishi alive. If she didn't, who knows what would happen afterward for the captain was known to have a short temper.

Her partner came over and sat down next to her. Atsuko's hands were on Minami's, who was laying on top of her own legs. She saw the captain bite the bottom of her lip in frustration. "It's my fault that Mii-chan is hurt like this. If I had only figured out the plan even sooner or even told everyone to duck down sooner..."

"Bakamina, stop talking and listen to me." Atsuko doesn't seem to be very tolerant of those that keep on blaming themselves. Simply those with low self-esteem is just the type of person she cannot hang around with. If she did, then she won't promise not to hurt their feelings for her words lash out like a whip. Bringing one of her hands up to Minami's chin, she turned the shorter girl's face towards her direction. Their eyes connected with each other, staring deeply from within. "None of this is your fault. Rather it is the Redcoats. You played your role as a captain very well, believe me." Her other hand came up and poke the girl's nose. "Trust me. If I were in your position, I instead would've gotten ALL of us killed AND the ship sinking deep down the bottom of the sea."

Minami couldn't help but chuckle when Atsuko said such words to her. Then surprising enough, Atsuko nuzzled her nose with Minami's. This caused the captain to blush at such action from her partner. "A-Acchan..."

"Your nose is soft and cute," she commented with a smile. This only made Minami to blush even more, her eyes soon detaching itself from Atsuko's. It roamed around the room and tried to avoid making any possible contact with the co-captain's. Atsuko giggled and pinch her cheeks. "It's the truth."

----------

Mariko and Haruna was standing right next to Minegishi, who was asleep on one of the many white beds of the clinic room. Though it was no hospital, Minami's ship here was made sure to have a large enough quarter for the medics. She valued the quality of the rooms over the number of weapons her ship must have. (Thus why she would like to avoid danger and smartly defend the ship oversea) The pioneer member was sleeping peacefully with many layers of bandages seen underneath her clothing.

"This girl is lucky," Rena commented as she walked out of her nearby office. Wearing her white doctor robe and a clipboard at hand, she tapped the tip of her quill at the paper. "She should recover fully in about a month. Two months of being forbidden with any sort of fighting against the opposing enemies whether we need help or not." With a sigh, she glanced over at the other members that were occupying the other beds. Shimazaki Haruka, Akimoto Sayaka, Matsui Jurina and Kitahara Rie were seen resting. The damage they sustained were not from the cannonballs thank god, but it was instead from the enemies. Bullet and sword wounds were found on all four of them. Thanks to her skills in the medical field, she was able to treat and tend to their wounds without a problem.

"I'm glad to hear that," Mariko chuckled in a nervous tone. "But I'm worried about Jurina too..."

"Don't worry about her," Rena reassured her. "Her wounds are nothing compared to Minegishi-senpai here. She'll recover in less than a week. Possibly in less than four days if she is a fast recover-er."

After exchanging a couple more words about the conditions of other members, Rena was left alone in the room with the patients. Another sigh left her. It was a lot of work after the battle she was faced with. As the only doctor on the ship, she sometimes wished she had some sort of assistant that was well trained in the medical field. Usually she would only be faced with treating the members from an illness. But when something like this happened, never has she been overworked in her life before.

Walking over to Jurina's side, she eyed the sleeping girl. "You really are one reckless girl," she mumbled out loud as she sat down on a nearby stool. The clipboard still at hand, she flipped through the papers and scratched down some notes. Once finished writing, she shot a glance at Jurina's direction and still saw the figure unconscious. A pang of pain hit her right in the core when she first saw the injured Jurina pushing herself through the battle. Without Mariko, she could've killed herself with her stubborn attitude. At least Rena was persuasive enough to stop the young girl from running back up on the upper deck to engage into more battles. Well, persuasive enough to force the girl into her sleep mode with a drug from a syringe.

She shook her head, rubbing the side of her temple with one hand. Rena didn't like it when members got hurt. But when it was Jurina, she starts to panic and over-react with almost everything concerning the young girl. Did she really care for her that much? Maybe. Or maybe it was because the girl was just 15 years old and that Rena felt as though she had the responsibility to watch over her aside from Mariko?

Rena's hand came upon Jurina's forehead and felt it for her temperature. She wasn't having a fever like before thanks to some herbal medicine she always carried around. Then she gently brushed and tucked her bangs behind her ears while sleeping soundly; her even breaths felt from her hand.

Those questions will be answered soon in the future. So right now, Rena is focusing on getting the members back into their top notch health. Having a sick or wounded member would only slow down everyone else. And no one wanted that at all.

----------

Returning back to Kumi and Yuria, they were now witnessing first-hand a fight between Mayu and Sae. Verbal fight to be exact. The two girls were escaping from the dangerous Atsuko when they bumped into a heated conversation from the two members. Right outside of the hallway that leads to many of the members' bedrooms, the two didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. Mayu and Sae were barely hurt for they only had a small bandage reside on their cheeks and their faint bruised knuckles. However, they were so focused that they didn't pay any attention to their surroundings and see two other girls watching from afar.

"How about you back away from Yuki, hm? You're getting way too close to her," Sae demanded as she stared down at the younger and more shorter girl. Eyebrows twitching in anger, she responded back, "What do you mean I'm getting way too close to her? I like staying around with her so there's nothing you can do about it."

"Exactly. Which is why I want you to stay far away from her."

"That would be impossible, Sae. You know that the both of us are roommates as you room with Sayaka."

"You don't seem to be getting the message of what I'm trying to say here." A deep breath. Then Sae continued on with a confession. "Don't you understand that I really love Yukirin? I really do love her and I want you to stay far far FAR away from that girl."

"But I love her too and she has her eyes already set on me as you can tell!"

"Before you came on board, she always cared, pampered and loved me as I was her girlfriend. Now that you came into the picture, she immediately left me behind without any warning and was drawn to you instead!"

Sae's hands formed into fists and was shaking from a mixture of anger and sadness. Negative emotions took over her thought processes as she flared even more comments and demands back at Mayu. The 'cyborg' girl didn't back away from the argument. Rather she wanted to get this entire situation to be straightened out. And she didn't like to lose either way.

"This is just ridiculous, Sae. If you really love her so much, why don't you just go up to her and confess?"

"I know that she will answer 'no' and pick you. So I want to make sure that I win her back from you."

Mayu groaned in frustration at Sae's stubbornness. 'And just when I thought things just couldn't get anymore complicated...' she mentally face palmed herself. Then staring directly at Sae's eyes, she scrunched her eyebrows. "You're just making the entire situation more confusing and worse than what it was suppose to be at hand. We're only going around in circles here from the main point." She held up a finger in the air. "One, you're emotions are all over the place, making it difficult for even me to comprehend what you're trying to say." Another finger joined the first one she held up. "And two, stop making assumptions about Yuki's decisions. If she does end up choosing you, then good for her. I'm not going to do anything to stop you both from having happiness...." Her words trailed off when she realized what she had just said. Was this younger girl here really that loyal to Yuki to the point that she would even sacrifice her own happiness...? Of course she would. She's foolishly in love with Yuki. So foolish that if Yuki were to cheat on her (which she believes she isn't and truthfully isn't a cheater at all), she would still be chasing after her like a mindless zombie following the overlord.

Sae stopped talking and was standing in her spot, breathing in and out heavily. Maybe Mayu was right. Her emotions were all over the place. She was desperate. A little TOO desperate in wanting to gain Yuki's attention. So desperate for yearning that same attention and love she had gotten in the past that she would just charge up to Mayu with anger and no dialogues outlined in her mind. How foolish of her.

"Y-You're right..." she admitted. But the next moment was startling for the other girl. Sae had given her a punch on the side of her face, making her stumble backward and hit her back against the wall of the hallway's. More shocked than hurt, Mayu's hand reached up to the now-red cheek and stared at the older girl with surprise. "This is a reminder that I'm going to win Yuki back from you. You may win this argument but you did not lose my motivation to getting Yuki back. Rather, leaving me with even more desire. Remember that."

With that said, she pushed herself past Mayu and walked up ahead to her room. Leaving the stunned Mayu behind, Kumi and Yuria took this right timing to run up to her and ask if she was alright. "Mayuyu? Are you okay?" Yuria questioned and examined her cheek. The cheek was becoming bruised and was visible from even a distant. The injured girl didn't answer her question but instead, stared into space. Then after a couple seconds, she refocused into reality and squinted her eyes. "So Miyazawa Sae really wants to get Yukirin back that much, hm?" she muttered under her breath.

Kumi and Yuria blinked at the younger girl who had now brushed her way past the two, ignoring their many more questions that flew at her direction. They watched after her and soon saw her enter into her own room. With the door clicked closed, the two standing figures in the hallway sighed and looked at each other. "Man, what's up with their relationship?" Kumi wondered as Yuria shrugged her shoulders. "Love can be so very very complicated."

"I wonder what Yuki is going to say when she hears this from Mayu?"

"She's probably going to hate Sae instead?"

"Or if the cyborg girl decided to keep her mouth shut on this manner..."

Mayu was known to keep secrets. Secrets for the good of others more like it. The last time she lied cleanly was to protect Kumi and Yuria from being tossed overboard by their captain when the two was caught peeking at Atsuko bathing in the washroom. So it wouldn't be surprising if she hid what Sae had done to her and kept her mouth trapped. Although it would benefit Mayu with her relationship between Yuki and her, she probably doesn't want Sae's relationship with Yuki to worsen. True that she's a cyborg and heartless, she isn't heartless when it comes to these sensitive matters.

Both of the girls closed their eyes and shook their head. "I just hope things don't get way too heated between the three of them, especially Mayu and Sae."

----------

Itano was up on the upper deck, sobbing mentally as she scribbled on her clipboard. She was busy checking the conditions of the ship... Which really doesn't seem to be difficult to conclude the status of it. Many black markings were checked on the boxes that needed parts to be repaired and additional comments made about it. Boards were broken, wooden poles and torn pieces of shrouds hanged from overhead. And as usual, the railings this time were destroyed to the point that one might say it's a ship without railings. "So much damage to this ship... The repair cost is going to be extensive," she feared. "I wonder what Takamina is going to say about it..."

While she checked the wooden poles and broken boards beneath her feet, Kasai sneaked up to her from behind. Wanting to pounce on her and give her a nice, bear hug is what Kasai planned to do. However, little did she know that Itano was already prepared for this scenario to happen. So when she jumped at her direction, Itano merely side-stepped and watched Kasai fall down to one of the many damaged surface area of the ship. To her surprise, it shattered under such impact and heard the other girl land down to the lower part of the deck with a crash. Specifically back to the dining room.

The girl with the clipboard looked downward and saw Kasai laying motionless on top of the dining table. She need not to worry for when the other members checked upon her, they simply shrugged their shoulders and walked away. "Tomo~mi, you know it's not time to horse around at this time," she scolded her and walked away, leaving the poor girl behind.

----------

"Oshima-san? What are you doing here?" Sayanee was surprised to see Oshima Yuko knock upon her door to her room. Since she isn't rooming with anyone, it's a surprise to have someone approach to her when she's in her room. Yuko scratched the back of her head and smiled idiotically at her direction. "Heyo~ Just wanted to come and stop by~ Hope you don't mind me barging in~"

"O-Of course not! Come in, come in!" Sayanee held the door open for Yuko to come into her room. Unsure of what Yuko truly wanted though, she closed the door behind her as the squirrel leapt on top of her bed. She grabbed a hold of Sayanee's pillow and hugged it while laying down on her stomach. "So..." The confused girl sat on a nearby chair and leaned the side of her body against the wooden back of it. "Did you want to say something?"

There was a slight hesitation from Yuko, making Sayanee wonder if she had asked something she shouldn't have. But before she had a chance to apologize, Yuko finally spoke up. "I just... had this one question in mind that I really wanted to ask you with your honest opinion." Looking at Sayanee with a rare serious expression, she then asked, "If someone were to betray you once, would you trust in them again?"

Now Sayanee here doesn't know how to properly answer. What was she to say? She never had this situation happen to her before. Or more likely, she was the one that almost betrayed and killed the captain of this ship. "I... I can't answer that question, Oshima-san. Sumimasen."

A flash of disappointment ran across Yuko's face, but was quickly replaced with a nervous giggle. "Ah, right right. Sorry for asking such strange question! Anyway!" She quickly sat up on her spot and tightened her hug on the soft white pillow. "Tell me how you feel about your first fight against the Redcoats?"

Surprised by the sudden change of topic, Sayanee tried to adjust to the situation and answered her question. But as they spoke, Yuko had that question still stuck behind her brain. Almost as if it was a leech just sucking the sanity out of her. And it had to do with none other than the captain of this ship: Takahashi Minami.

We're going to back away for a bit with the entire Yuko and Takamina relationship at the moment. For now, we're going to have Mayu's and Yukirin's past (and possibly a new member) explained within this next arc.  :on woohoo:

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: Wandering Ship [Atsumina, Kojiyuu, etc.] - Chapter 6
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 01:05:59 AM »
Nyaaah. I just really miss that fanfics *w*

Sae èwé don't toucht o Mayu èwé go with Sayaka and let Mayuki alone.

I want moar about Yuko, it's not enough èwé.

And Yuki's and Mayu's past ** yaaay. I can't wait.

- Go to sleep now -

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
lol I'll try to enjoy the ride of painfully waiting :P

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!! The scene with Rino, Sasshi , Kumi and Yuria was pretty hilarious :P & Good thing Atsuko didn't tell Minami about it, cause if it was enough to make Atsuko red it would've knocked Minami out :P

& wow, pretty intense with Mayu and Sae, them two and Yuki will def have further complications.

& nice, so now wer have a small hint as to Yuko's problem with Minami. So Minami has betrayed Yuko once? I wonder if that's correct or a misunderstanding though, and if not, I can't wait to find out what exactly happened since Minami doesn't seem like the type to do that.

Awesome chapter as always, looking forward to the next!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good luck with your test and lab by the way!

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 06:01:36 AM »
aww atsumina couple so cute...

mmm what happen yuko?

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:13 AM »
Interaction between Minami and Atsuko... great as always... although Minami is very dense...

Sae is a jerk.. her love is so selfish.... just want Yuki.... don't care about Yuki's feeling and also a coward,,, she can confess her feeling long before Mayu appeared in front of them

Mayu is so nice... her love for Yuki is so pure to no fault... willing to turn blind eye for any wrong doing that Yuki might do... because she love Yuki lots...

Eh... Sae is really really is a jerk... what's with the punch... it's so unnecessarily

What's with the betrayal... Minami betrayed Yuko?

More mysteries to know... Can't wait to see the next

Thank you for the update....

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline mo-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Juritan! \(*ω*)/
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
yay I wanna see more about Mayu and Yuki
I'm waiting for Mayu and Yuki's past

Mayuki&WMatsui
Jurina is my oshi forever!! (>w<)/
 Mo-chan Fanfics:
Don't be ashamed when you love me
 One Shots
My Page

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »
[Replies]

@Llyloo: LOL, I'm sorry to keep you waiting then. This fiction takes quite a while to think up a plot. Yuko's past will be explained in the future, so you'll have to be patient.  :bingo:

@arrow27: Thanks for the compliment! Hmm~ We'll see about what exactly Minami did that caused Yuko to lose her trust to Minami in the near future. And more complicated relationships that becomes even more complicated.  :dizzy:

@Haruko: You'll find more about Yuko later on in the future chapters.  :glasses:

@cisda83: These mysteries should hopefully be answered as the story progresses onward.  :whistle:

@mo-chan: Mayu's and Yuki's past (and quite possibly Sae's) will be in this chapter along with the next couple chapters.  :on gay:

Here's another update on this fiction! I had to think really long and hard on how to type up this chapter. It's pretty hard in my opinion, but hopefully the next couple chapters should be easy to type up. Sometimes writer's block comes up a little too frequently, especially when you have like two other long fiction going on.  :on polter:

Enjoy it and hopefully it isn't suckish like I thought it was.  :on chew:

[Chapter 7]

Kashiwagi Yuki was humming a tune to herself as she trended down the corridor. After visiting the injured Minegishi Minami in the clinic room, she had just bumped into Captain Minami. The shorter girl requested that both she and Mayu come to her captain's head quarter when they're ready. As long as they stop by before nightfall, that is. While the older girl walked through the hallway, she almost accidentally crashed into Sae. Their shoulders barely bumping into each other. Yuki ceased walking. "Ah, gomen Sae-chan," she apologized with a bow of her head. 'I've been bumping into quite a lot of people today...'

The other girl stopped in her track and scratched the back of her head. "Sorry about that, Yukirin," she cheaply smiled. "I must be a little tired today..." A small yawn came out of Sae's mouth. Yuki widen her eyes slightly and covered her mouth with one of her hands. "You should rest, Sae. It's not good to be pushing yourself too much."

"That's what I'm planning to do right now," Sae chuckled and removed her hand from behind, waving it in the air. Then without reason, she hugged Yuki in front of her. "I'll see you later, neh?" She was surprised at such sudden action from Sae, but returned the same treatment. The two separated and after waving to each other farewell, Yuki decided to return back to her and Mayu's room. Other members haven't seen her around lately, so it's a possibility that she's hiding in their room.

Now approaching up to the door of their room, Yuki's hand came up and knocked on the wooden brown surface. "Mayuyu? Are you in there?" No answer. Raising one of her eyebrows, she knocked again. "Mayuyu, hello?" Again, she was met with silence. She decided to push forth the door, opening it. (There is no such thing as locks in doors for this ship) She was now able to view inside of the room and saw a familiar figure sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk bed. It was none other than Mayu. Smiling, she took a step inside.

"Mayu, Captain Takahashi wants us to meet up with her-... Are you okay?" That question came out of her mouth when she saw the other girl. She looked as though she was staring into space, not heeding any attention to the older girl. In a few seconds, Mayu snapped out of her trance and saw Yuki from the corner of her eyes, quickly turning to look at her right. Making an attempt to hide her bruised spot on her right cheek. "Yeah, I'm okay."

That wasn't enough to convince Yuki though. After seeing Mayu acting unusually different, she knew something was up. Coming over till she was now kneeling on her knees in front of the younger girl. Mayu flicked her eyes briefly over to her. "I... told you I'm fine." Still not convinced, the older girl frowned. Before Mayu knew it, Yuki had forced her head to face at her direction. Two hands were cupping both sides of her lower jaw. She heard a wince from the younger girl. A gasp left her now-open mouth from what she was seeing. The sight of the bruise on Mayu's face was red and painful to look at. Shades of purple barely visible to the naked eyes. Just seeing the injury on the person that cared so much too hurt her.

"Mayu... Who did this to you?" The tone of Yuki's voice became dangerous as her so-called 'Black' aura was felt. Her aura being shown. When someone, especially Mayu here, is hurt from anyone or anything, she becomes very angry and overprotective. So overprotective that she could possibly make the situation worse than its original state without meaning to. There was hesitation in Mayu. A short hesitation. Then she answered, "I accidentally... bumped into... the corner of the desk... when I got up from the ground." Mayu wished she could speak a bit more smoother, but every movement she makes with her mouth hurts. It hurts to talk, put in simply.

The other girl seems suspicious of such reasoning coming from the cyborg girl. Her eyes were squinted, staring at Mayu with curiosity. "Oh really?"

"Yes, really... okaa-san." Yuki truly wanted to keep pushing on, wanting to demand Mayu for a better explanation to this 'accident' she had that resulted in her injury. But she didn't push it. Instead, she stood back up straight and walked over to a nearby cabinet within the room. Hanging just a couple inches on the wall away from the desk, Yuki came to it and cracked it open. Couple of first-aid kits and common medicines and remedies were within the box. (Each room contained a medicine cabinet thanks to Rena's ability to create the remedies and medicine) She grabbed the kit and a cream bottle before shutting it. Returning back to Mayu's side, she sat to the right.

The equipments and objects that were needed are next to her as she commanded the younger girl to face straight ahead while she treats the injury. Not objecting to her 'mother,' Mayu did as she was told. Obedient she is. Silence was in the air between the two figures as Yuki dabbed the cream on the targeted cheek. To Mayu's luck, her mouth from the inside wasn't hurt but on the exterior surface on her cheek, it was painful. Just touching it alone made her wince in pain. "Itai! Careful!" Mayu yelped and immediately retracted her face away from the person treating her. "Gomen. I'll try to be more careful."

While she treated Mayu, her mind unconsciously wandered back to the past of meeting her for the first time...

"Kashiwagi Yuki, you have a new roommate," Minami announced as she privately talked to the taller girl one-on-one. Standing just outside of her room, Minami had a younger girl standing behind her back. No. Hiding more like it. She had her hands gripping on the edge of Minami's white uniform. Minami glanced over her shoulder and chuckled nervously at the sight. "Watanabe-san, it's okay. Yuki here isn't going to hurt you."

Yuki remembered seeing this girl earlier. The girl that was on the verge of death only to be saved by Minami. She was still only a member for barely two months and still trying to adjust to the new changes. She remembered seeing the poor girl just a week ago carried by the captain and straight into the clinic room. Nightfall has already descended onto the members and ship. One can wonder what had exactly happened that caused the captain and one of the members to return back with a stranger.  Before she came inside of the room though, she screamed and hollered at the members to start sailing away from the port. "Bounty hunters are coming after us! Take us away, Atsuko!" her voice echoed throughout the ship, causing huge wave of chaos to occur. They didn't have a doctor that time, but luckily Minami and Mariko were known to treat the wounded at such emergency. No one knows exactly why she was brought to the ship from China where they stopped by to restock.

"....really?" her small, high-pitched voice squeaked like a terrified mouse. A nod. Though she wouldn't leave Minami's side, she did stop clinging to the other girl from behind and slowly walked up to stand by her side. She was cute, wearing the uniform that Minami had each member required to equip on no matter what. But something was off. Her eyes. The smaller girl gulped, avoiding eye contact with Yuki's. Yuki could easily tell that this girl is... fragile. Was she naturally this shy around people? Or was there something more that caused her to become like this? Either way, Yuki extended her hand out to the younger girl. "I'm Kashiwagi Yuki as you can already tell. What's your name?" she said with a smile.

The other girl hugged Minami's arms, shaking in fear. "W-W-Watanabe... M-Mayu..." Her quivering voice is enough to make one want to be gentle toward such girl. She didn't in return extend her hand out to shake with Yuki. Rather she stared at her hand as though it was some sort of weapon threatening to cut her down.

Yuki couldn't help but sigh mentally as she retracted her hand. "Well, you're going to be my roommate so I welcome you here."

After getting Mayu inside of the room, Yuki clicked the door shut behind her. When she turned around to face the girl, she saw her sitting on the bottom bunk. Her knees were brought close to her chest and stared downward at the mattress. Confused but worried, she came up to the younger girl.

"Watanabe-san is your name, huh?" Yuki tried to start up a conversation between the two. No response from the other girl. She just sat in her spot, shaking and not saying a single word. Yuki then tried again. This time, she climbed up on the bed and closed the distance between the two. The girl didn't react but rather made sure her eyes didn't go anywhere near Yuki's face.

She waited a couple of seconds that felt like long minutes. Still no response or reaction from the younger girl. Sighing, she sat in front of the girl and crossed her arms. She wasn't angry at all. No. Yuki was never the type to get angry unless her friends and shipmates were threatened or hurt. But just when she was about to speak, she heard a couple words from the other girl.

"She died."

"Eh?" This took Yuki by surprise. Her eyes widen when she heard the words escape out of her mouth. Mayu then slowly lifted her eyes till they were equal level with Yuki's. Her eyes. They finally met with Yuki's. Emptiness was seen in them. Not a single emotion other than sadness and regret.

"She died. My sister died... And it's all my fault."

Her body was shaking and tears soon streamed down upon her face uncontrollably. Soft hiccups were heard from her as she buried her face on her knees. Pain hit upon Yuki's heart when she saw such scene. In one movement, she hugged the girl tightly in her embrace. "I'm so sorry to hear that," Yuki whispered to Mayu as she had one of her hand hold the back of her head. She rested her chin on top of her shoulder, letting the girl cry into her shoulder. "I know how you feel. I lost my parents so very long ago when I was young... Losing a relative is painful." Tears soon formed in the corner of her eyes too. She could feel them soon sliding down her cheeks. Closing her eyes, she kept hold on the younger girl, not wanting to let her go. She knew the pain of losing someone. She was not even six-years old when her parents got into an accident and died back in Canada. How she joined Minami's crew was just a coincidence. They stopped by her country and she asked to join them due to the fact that she has no family or friends.

"Though I cannot heal you directly, the least I can do is stand by your side and support you..."

"ITAI! Watch it!" Hearing Mayu's loud voice snapped Yuki back into the present time. She blinked a couple of times, staring in a dazed state. She looked over at the other girl. Mayu was squinting her eyes, trying to bite back words that express her stinging pain. "Are... we done yet?"

"Gomen gomen, Mayuyu. We're almost done." Shaking off thoughts that lingered about their past, she continued to treat Mayu. As time passed by, she was thankful that Mayu slowly opened up as opposed to her fearful and timid self long ago. Maybe a little too much. She can be serious and mature but at the same time can be sometimes a kid and random. But what bothered her the most though was Mayu's past. Despite being together for a long period of time, she still didn't understand it. What exactly had happened? Who caused her that much pain? Who or what killed her sister? Older or younger? So many questions yet none answered. Every single time she brought up Mayu's past, the other girl would tense up and cease speaking anymore. So there wasn't much of a choice wanting to speak about it.

Though it took them a while to get it treated due to Mayu jerking away every now and then, she was now patched up. Getting up from the edge of the bed, Yuki took the now-closed medical box. "You should be more careful then, Mayu," she warned while walking over to the cabinet to return the objects. Mayu just bobbed her head. "Okay."

"Are you feeling better right now...?"

"The pain went away thanks to you, 'mother.'" Mayu was able to flash a small smile at Yuki's direction. True. The pain did go away. But not because of the medicine. No. It was thanks to the girl that she loves. Upon seeing the smile, Yuki felt her heart skip a beat. 'S-So cute...' Then coughing into her hand, she looked at the closed bedroom's door. "We should get going to the captain's head quarter right now. Better to get it over with and rest for the evening."

---------

The two girls were standing inside of the captain's quarter. Across from them was Takahashi Minami and none other than her partner, Atsuko. She was seated, her hands intertwining each other with her elbows resting on top of the table. A small frown was on her face when she saw Mayu's patched cheek. "I don't remember you getting hurt in that way during the fight," she commented with curiosity. The captain here cares about everyone equally, so it wasn't surprising for her to be concerned about each members' health. "Did someone hurt you?"

Mayu quickly shook her head. "Iie. I just recklessly bumped my cheek on the corner of my desk." This raised a question to Minami's head. Surely Mayu's injury there couldn't have resulted with just bumping into the corner of a table. Not at all. It seems suspicious enough already. But she didn't push forth and decided to go on to the topic she wanted to speak about.

"Since we're close to the country of Spain, I want you both to stop by and buy us some stocks to refill on." Minami then leaned back slightly. Her hand grabbed a hold one of the many drawers and pulled them open. She then took out a small list written out on a brown paper scroll, placing them on top of the table. "These are the items that I wish for you both to buy. I know it's a lot, but we're going to be staying in the port for a full week or two."

"Why is that captain?"

"The ship needs to have some... major repair..." Minami rubbed the back of her head nervously. No need for her to say more. The members all knew how much damage the ship has received. When the captain had gotten the report on the ship from Itano, she was close to just wanting to buy a new ship. It was cheaper that way anyway. However, this ship was her prize possession. The ship she alone has built with her own hands. "So I'm sure it'll be a while till we sail off."

She paused for a moment. Then continued speaking. "Since you both will be going into town to refill out stocks, I give you both permission to stay within the closest town you can find."

Yuki raised her eyebrow at such statements. "Why are you granting us both such permission, captain?" It was strange. Usually Minami would forbid members from even staying in town rather than the ship due to the danger of the Redcoats and bounty hunters. Especially if it's a long period of time. A small chuckle was heard from Minami's direction. "Don't be asking too much questions. In Spain, the land is vast and the location that where we are going to park our boat is far away from any nearby town. So I wish for you both to hurry, but at the same time, take your time with bringing the equipment back to us."

A small sigh left Minami's lips as she leaned forward just a bit. "I trust in you both that you'll come back safely to us." Then with a small wave, she ushered the two girls out of the room.

Once they left the room, the captain then slumped forward from her seat, stretching her arms out on the desk. "Ahhh~ We're going to be in debt if I don't find a way to earn more money..." Atsuko beside her placed her finger below her chin. Pondering for a couple of minutes, she finally spoke up. "Takamina, we can have a couple of members find some part-time jobs and work until we are ready to leave the country."

"Are you sure that's a good idea though?" Minami closed her eyes, feeling somewhat tired. "I mean, I don't mind but the more members we send in, the more danger our members is suspected to."

"What other way is there to earn some golds then? I mean, you yourself and I are already busy with the paperwork and ship alone."

"... Doesn't look like we have a choice, do we?" She sighed once more out loud. "Fine. How about you gather two members and discuss with them about this little job. I'm busy at the moment now as you can already tell. Got these damn paper works to fill out..." Her eyes reopened and then trailed to the corner of the room. There the two saw a massive stack of paper piling on top of each other. It was a couple inches above the ground, making one flinch just at the amount of work. "Acchan~ Get me those papers... I want to finish them as soon as possible."

While the two partners were working inside of the room, both Yuki and Mayu came out and decided to eat an early dinner. Though they sensed that Kasai hasn't cooked anything yet, they were planning to ask her if she was able to cook a small meal just for the two. Walking through the ship, they entered upon the dining room. Yuki then poked her head inside of the kitchen, looking left and right. No sight of Kasai, their one and only chef. "Hm... Tomo~mi isn't here at all..." Yuki muttered as they came inside.

Pots and pans were still hanging from nearby hooks; already dried and ready to be used. The stove hasn't been turned on since this afternoon and many of the equipments were tucked in safe places. Yuki's eyes scanning around the small kitchen, a small smile formed on her lips. "How about this, Mayuyu?" Turning her body around so she was facing the younger girl, she threw out her idea. "I'll cook for you while you wait outside for me."

Mayu eyes widen slightly at the idea. She's never seen Yuki cook let alone even tasted the kind of food she made. Maybe the foods that Yuki would brew be delicious or even more than Kasai's? Little did she know that Yuki is a terrible cooker. No matter how much training one can force upon her, she will never be able to properly cook even with a professional instructor by her side.

"But what about you, Yukirin? Aren't you going to eat too?"

"I'll eat later if you don't mind. I'm not really that hungry right now actually. Going on a diet, you know."

Then she shooed her out of the kitchen. Mayu could only roll her eyes at such action. She walked over and sat in a nearby table, patiently waiting. While she waited, a couple of members were seen passing by. "Oh, Mayuyu! What happened to you?" Yuko's voice was heard from the left side of Mayu. Flicking her eyes to that direction, she raised her eyebrows when she saw Yuko's concerned expression. "Did somebody hurt my Shiriri-chan?"

"No, nobody did," she lied. "I only accidentally made a dumb mistake to bumping against the corner of my desk." Mayu was praying that Yuko would go away and leave her alone. But she didn't and rather, sat right next to the younger girl. Her right arm could be felt resting on top of her shoulders and neck. "Mayu Mayu Mayu, you should be more careful," Yuko warned the other girl. To add a more dramatic/lame effect, she closed her eyes and waved her finger in the air as though she's a mother. "You're not a klutz like Nyan Nyan and Sasshi... How bad did you crash into the table?"

"Pretty hard."

There was the expression of empathy on Yuko's face as she opened her eyes. Her eyebrows were slanted downward in a diagonal position. "Ouch... That has to hurt, especially if you need a patch like that."

Mayu simply shrugged her shoulders and laid her chin on top of her crossed arms. "Yeah..." Then looking back at Yuko, she hoped to change the topic of the conversation. "So what are you up to right now?" She wished she hadn't asked that question. Yuko's face turned into one of her infamous perverted face. Eyes squinted and a creepy grin that only old uncles would have, she raised two of her hands into the air. Hands making a motion that wanted to grab boobs and butts. "I'm going to go grab my Nyan Nyan's oshiri once I see her! But please don't let her know, okay?"

'Why is she saying it out loud then?' A sweat drop rolled down the side of Mayu's face. Yuko then put her hands side-by-side together, forming an 'oshiri' sign. "Oshiri!" she joked.

That made the younger girl giggle and too copied after her. "Oshiri Sisters we are," she commented, making Yuko laugh happily. "That's my younger sis'!" Soon the conversation that was about Mayu's injury suddenly turned into a conversation about rating member's butts.

"Okay okay, from one to ten; one being the worse and ten being irresistible, what is Mocchi's butt rate?" Yuko excitedly asked, her dimpled smile shown. Mayu looked up, thinking. "I'm guessing... a seven?"

Yuko nodded with her eyes closed. "Hmmhmm... I can agree with you on that... How about your Yukirin?"

If Mayu was drinking anything at the moment, she would've sprayed it all out of both her nose and mouth from surprise. Nearly falling out of her seat backward, she adjusted back into her calm composure and coughed lightly into her hand. "I-It'll be... a-a... t-ten..."

"A what? I couldn't hear you." Mayu was unsure if her fellow oshiri sister is trying to troll her or if she really couldn't hear. But with hesitation, she repeated what she had just said. "I said a ten..."

The grin on Yuko's face widen with mischief when she heard the rating from Mayu. Her eyebrows wiggled. Then a laugh then came out of her mouth. "Ohohoho! I see now! It's no surprise that my oshiri sister here would rate the person that she loves so very very very high!" Her right hand came up to her forehead, still  laughing. "I would rate my Nyan Nyan just like that too!"

"Er... What are you two talking about?" That voice that suddenly boomed from behind. It was none other than Yuki's. Startling the two sitting figures, they quickly turned their attention to her; Mayu waving her hands wildly in the air.

"N-Nothing Yukirin! We're just talking about stuff!"

"Mayu rating your butt the highest on the chart."

The two oshiri sisters were speaking at the same time. Not to mention they spoke at different pacing, thus causing their sentences to be hard to follow and comprehend. This doesn't seem to help Yuki since the only words she picked out was 'Yukirin' and 'butt.' Flashing a smile, she brushed aside whatever they were speaking and reminded them about the dinner she holds at hand.

Or so it looks like dinner. At her hand held two plates of, well, black... purple-ish substance that can't be recognized as a food object or even a thing upon sight. Steam came rising out of the object on the white plate. There wasn't any smell coming from it, so both Mayu and Yuko predicted that maybe it won't taste as bad as it looks. As they say with that saying, 'can't judge a book by its cover.' Placing the plate on the table in front of Mayu and Yuko, Yuki smiled nervously. "I hope it's good. It's actually been a while since I last prepared someone food."

Mayu had this strange look on her face as she stared at the plate before her eyes. By her side, Yuko had a disbelief expression. "I don't want to eat, Yuki. I'm just here talking with Mayu-"

"Huh? You don't want to try out my food?" Her words were cut off when the younger girl sitting close jabbed her elbow against Yuko's ribcage. A little 'oof' came out of her mouth. Before she could say another word, Mayu glared at her with such dangerous eyes. "Don't. Say. Anything," she mouthed. As much as Yuko don't want to eat, she couldn't be mean and walk away from such nice offer. Even if the food itself isn't as... nice as it should be. Not to mention Mayu right next to her is giving her a reminder that she should just deal with it. Gulping, Yuko flashed a forceful grin at Mayu with eyes closed. She didn't like it at all.

Yuki then gave them both spoons to begin eating their food. "I'm sorry if it's not as good as you wanted it to be," she muttered and looked away, scared of what their reaction might be. Both of the oshiri sisters exchanged their glances at each other, mentally crying at such fate they have. "I-Itadakimasu..." They both stuttered. Using their metal spoon to pick up a small chunk of... whatever that stuff is on the plate, they brought it close to their mouth.

Still no smell coming from the food. There was only one way to find out whether it was tasty or not. It was to try it. 'Heaven O Mighty Lord, give me strength,' they both prayed while sticking the spoon into their mouth.

One second. No reaction. None moving their jaw in attempt to chew or bite it.

Two seconds. No reaction. Beginning to chew the food.

Three seconds. No reaction. Their chewing slowed down, tasting the food.

Four seconds. No reaction. They soon stopped moving their jaw and tasted the flavor.

Five seconds. Reaction.

The two girls almost wanted to spit out the disgusting foreign object. Clean their tongue. Clean their teeth. Clean the inside of their entire mouth. It taste so bad that it can't even be described. It was horrendous simply put. Something that could kill them. It may taste terrible, but they were afraid of hurting Yuki's feelings. She did put a lot of effort into the preparation. So swallowing with great difficulty, they tried to resist the temptation to puke out what just went down to their poor stomach. Their poor digestive system is going to have a lot of problems tonight.

"I-I-IT TASTED..... GOOD," Yuko struggled to make a positive feedback. She was biting back all sorts of negative comments. Not only she but Mayu also, who could only nod in agreement to her words. Upon hearing their words, Yuki looked back at them and somewhat was radiating an almost Buddha-like light. "R-Really? Great! Then if you both said that it taste good, maybe I should tell Tomo~mi that she doesn't need to cook for tonight's dinner! Just for tonight!" Standing proudly as though she had won some sort of medallion award, she pointed her index finger at the two sitting girls. "When I come back, you both better finish up those plates!" Before Mayu or Yuko could stop her, she dashed away from the dining room in search of Kasai.

"...........I hope a lot of the members are skipping dinner tonight."

"Yeah. Me too."

The two girls looked at their plate once more and sighed.

"I pray to the heavens that we won't die from being poisoned with this." 

----------

"Sayaka, I-I don't really know what to do..."

Sae was sitting on the stool next to the injured Sayaka, burying her face into her two hands. After that event between her and Mayu, she decided to stop by the clinic and check out Sayaka. She was laying in her bed, resting. Rena had just given news that Sayaka is fast at recovering, so it wouldn't be shocking if she is back up and running in less than a week. Her close friend is very happy and glad to hear of this news. But as much as she wanted to celebrate hearing such good news, her mind could only wander back to both Yuki's and Mayu's relationship.

The girl laying on the bed was facing her head towards Sae's direction. A frown crossed on her face. "Sae... I'm sure you'll get a chance to be with her..."

"But Sayaka!" she exclaimed, lifting her head up. "The two of them really do love each other! And as much as I want to erase my feelings for Yuki, I still love her no matter what!"

A sigh. "Sae... Just... confess your feelings towards Yuki... I'm sure it's better than keeping quiet about it-"

"You don't understand, Sayaka." Standing up from her seat, Sae now stared directly at the laying figure. Determination was in her eyes. Not wanting to be defeated. Does she really like Yuki to the point that she'll do anything just to get her back? As Sayaka gaped at the scene in front of her, the co-captain of the ship came into the medic room.

"A-Acchan!" they both exclaimed when they saw her approaching. Looking bored and unconcerned as usual, she stood opposite of Sae. "As requested by the captain, I want you, Sae, to help us out with a job once we stop by Spain."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: Wandering Ship [Atsumina, Kojiyuu, etc.] - Chapter 7 [Update: 02/17/13]
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »
I'm not patient ~~  I want mooooar.

Mayuki *w* they're so cute. Mayu *w* Nyaaah I want to hug her *w*

... Yuki's cooking. Hehe. It's really bad ~~

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 12:59:04 AM »
Ya I look forward to all the revelations in the future, & the complicated relationships lol.

As for this chapter, thanks for the update!!!! Great & enjoyable as always. I really like Mayu & Yuki's relationship & the snippet of the past was great :D Its nice that each person was granted some sort of 2nd chance by joining Minami's crew :)

& I really feel bad with all the paper work Minami has to do lol. Kuudos to her for not throwing all that paper work into the ocean. She def is responsible :P

Thanks again! Looking forward to the next chapter! :D

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »
poor takamina she should take a break from the paperwork  :yep:
haha  :lol: yuki's cooking, no smell  :lol:
MAYUYU?!! :cry:
sae chan don't you dare get in the way of mayu and yuki's relationship!!  :smhid you belong with sayaka  :banghead:
thanks for the update  :heart: :love: :cow: :bow: :cathappy: :deco:
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
Aww I prefer saeyuki rather than mayuki -_-.. but its ok.. i guess

Jeje yuko you are an old man...

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »
Oh... Sae is so bad... injuring Mayu that badly...

If only Mayu said who injured her... I'm pretty sure Sae is going to be in trouble....

It seems that Mayu has lots of people wanting to protect her.... (Yuki, Minami & Yuko)

Sae is also going to go and stop at Spain too... I hope she's not going to start picking a fight with Mayu again... and jeopardize their entire crews safety.

Mayu was so cute when she was little.... so shy... clingy on Minami...

Thank you for the update

Can't wait to see the next

:wub: :inlove: :love: :heart:

Offline qweakb

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »
why i did not read this fic earlier!!! :mon slapself:
please update soon :kneelbow:
Become AKB fan after watching AKB0048.
Oshimen : Takamina and Mayu
Favorite pair : TakaAstu, Mayukirin, KumiYuria, Wmatsui, JirinaMayu etc.
(After reading the fanfic, my favorite pair just keep increasing :( )

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 05:22:40 AM »
[Replies]

@Llyloo: One shall always be careful of Yuki's cooking!  :on lol:

@arrow27: The captain really is taking her work seriously here. But hm~ If Acchan wasn't by her side, she probably would've thrown out those papers to the sea.  :sweat:

@mayuki_daisuki: Takamina definitely deserves a small break from such massive paperwork! And let's see how these relationship between Sae, Yuki and Mayu will turn out.  :dunno:

@Haruko: Sorry about it! (I'm more of a Saeyaka shipper) But yes, Yuko is such an 'old uncle.'  :bigdeal:

@cisda83: Most likely that Sae would probably be in big trouble indeed.... But let's see how they are when they reside in Spain for a while.  :glasses:

@qweakb: I'm glad you got a chance to read my fiction. And here's the update, haha~  :hee:

Sorry for such a late update on this fiction! It took me a while to get the ideas down into words. So yeah... Here's the long-awaited update I suppose.  :on drink:

[Chapter 8]

It was a dark and chilly night. A winter night to be precise. Snow was everywhere, coating the roads and land beyond ones view. A little girl was standing right outside of her household’s front door. It was a small house; a chimney built with gentle smoke arising and warm, yellow lights resonating from within. The little girl was dressed in a pink jacket with white mittens and earmuffs. Underneath her jacket was a red Christmas-like color along with white stockings. The small figure stood alone, shuddering at the sudden gust of cold wind blown at her direction. She squinted her eyes, trying to perceive through the bright, but quiet and small town before her.

“Where is mom and dad?” she muttered to herself.

It has been a couple of long hours since she last saw both of her parents. They told her before they left for whatever personal reasons that they’ll be back tonight. But it’s almost midnight. Where exactly could they have gone and why was it taking so long? It was lonely for her since she’s the only child from the family. She knew that they were owners of a famous Canadian company that builds and sell automobiles in such vast land. Though they came and were born in Japan, they immigrated to this cold piece of land for personal favor. Tugging at the end of her pink matching scarf wrapped snuggily around her neck, she continued to keep watching for any signs of her parents.

A couple of minutes passed by and still no sign. The little girl sneezed. Rubbing her eyes with her two gloved hands due to sleepiness, she yawned. ‘Maybe I should just wait inside-‘ That option was suddenly opted when a familiar black car drove and parked right in front of her.

An old man in his late 70s stepped out of the passenger’s seat from the back. Wearing a business attire, his old age was seen. His hair already white and wrinkles featured on his gentle face. “Are you Kashiwagi Yuki?” he asked in a deep, but soft voice as he approached the little girl. She felt that he was no threat let alone knew who this man was. He’s one of her father’s most trusted man as they work in his company. His right hand aside from her mother. Yuki bobbed her head as an answer to his question. There was tension mixed in the silence between the two figures before the old man spoke up.

“I hate to inform a young lady such grave news, but I know the truth must come out.” Honestly, Yuki already knew that the news wasn’t going to be good. But not as bad as she had expected it to be. “Your parents died in an accident…”

----------

Yuki’s eyes snapped open and quickly sat up. The female figure felt her heart beat wildly against her chest, sweat running down on the side of her forehead as her breath came rapidly in and out of her respiratory system. Her eyes scanned her surroundings. Yuki took a moment to absorb the information that she has gathered, causing her to understand that she still is inside of her room from within the ship. A relieved sigh left her lips. ‘It was all just a dream…’ she mentally stated while gripping the edge of the brown blanket that covered the bottom half of her body. Tightly gripping it till the bones of the knuckles shape was somewhat seen underneath her skin that protected the flesh from above.

The dream was just too vivid. A dream that re-visited the past that she did not wish to relieve and remember…

A few minutes has passed and Yuki has calmed down. Her breathing returning back to normal and her heartbeat pumping the blood through her body at normal rate. During that moment, she brought one of her hands up to her forehead and rested it upon the palm of her hand. Another long exhale that came through her nose. Eyes shut, she tried to erase the painful memories of her parents’ death.

“You’re finally awake, Yukirin?” A voice snapped the older girl out of her trance-like state. Opening her eyes and quickly removing her hand from her forehead, she turned her attention to the source of the voice. That source of voice was none other than Watanabe Mayu. The younger girl stood at the now-opened wooden door, leaning against it with her arms crossed across her chest. It took a while for Yuki to finally figure out what exactly was going on. She just noticed that Mayu wasn’t sleeping next to her as usual due to pondering over her dream. If Mayu has already awaken and is fully dressed, then that means Yuki slept in. Shaking her head, she stretched her arms up into the air as far as she possibly can.

Her eyes wandered over to Mayu at the door and still saw the bruise on her cheek. It wasn’t as bad as she saw it from yesterday thanks to the treatment she has treated the younger girl. The injured cheek still red and slightly swollen, it looked a whole lot better compared to when she first saw it. Mayu from across the room raised one of her eyebrows. “We need to leave soon, you know… Captain Takahashi said we’re arriving close to our destination.”

“Ah, you’re right…” A yawn left her opened mouth as she stretched once more. Her body then slipped to the edge of the bed. “I’ll be out in a moment after I wash myself.”

Then shooing the younger girl out of the room, she managed to get her tired body out of the bed and to the washroom. After spending a good hour getting herself prepared and dressed, she headed towards the dining room.

Kasai was immediately noticed to be cooking due to the aroma in the air (unlike last night with Yuki’s cooking) For certain reasons, not many members were seen eating their breakfast (which contained freshly cooked eggs and slices of ham) When she entered inside of the kitchen, Kasai greeted her with her prepared food. “Here’s your breakfast,” she happily spoke while handing the plate to the other girl.

“Un. Thank you, Tomo~mi. I must ask though, why is there very little members?”

“I’m afraid many have fallen ill with a bad stomach and cannot be available for the morning.”

A sweat drop slid down the side of her face when she heard her words. “R-Right… I knew that.” To Kasai’s luck due to eating and resting early yesterday, she didn’t have to witness Yuki’s horrific dinner. However, many members were considered unlucky from last night. Members who ate Yuki’s ‘special dinner’ were, well, going on a suicide mission.

----------

“Wow! Yuki is cooking for us? This is rare,” Mariko was heard throughout the crew mates that filed through the kitchen to receive their plate of food.

Right in front of her was Takahashi Minami, who shrugged her shoulders at her words. “I suppose so. I guess that’s a nice change for once.”

“Tomo~mi might consider this to be a night off. She does need her rest,” Minegishi stated as she glanced over her shoulders to speak to the two figures.

Chatters were heard and when they got their food, they seated on the tables with their friends and teammates.

“Um… K-Kumi?” Kanon stuttered while poking Kumi’s left arm. The older girl quickly turned her attention over to the younger girl and raised her eyebrow. “What is it, Kanon-chan? Something the matter?”

“Ano… I don’t like to sound rude, but doesn’t this… food look… unhealthy?”

Before their eyes, they saw the inhumane food that can only be created by the devil himself sitting patiently on the surface of the table. Kumi’s eyes widen at such sight, trying hard not to grab the plate and throw it over her shoulder. She gulped and made a croaked smile at both Yuria and Kanon sitting nearby. “I-I’m sure it taste better than it looks!”

“Paruru? Where are you going?” Itano’s voice was heard. It was directed at the younger girl who had just gotten up from her seat with the plate at hand. Haruka then said in a monotone voice, “I… need to go help Mayuyu with something…” Before Itano could say anything, she rushed (or more like dashed for her life) out of the dining area and out of her sight. Leaving the sighing best friend of hers behind.

Rino flinched when she got the plate of food within the kitchen. The blob of… whatever that substance was is nearly enough to make her chuck it out the window and puke. But she sucked it in and merely faked a smile at Yuki. “T-Thanks…”

As she walked out of the kitchen, from the corner of her eyes she saw Yuko. The squirrel was staggering out of the nearest bathroom, clutching her stomach in pain. Rino’s mouth gaped open at what she was seeing and quickly rushed over to Yuko, leaving the plate on the nearest empty table. “Yuko! Are you okay?” she asked as she approached the shorter girl.

Yuko shook her head and had her other free arm reach out towards Rino. Vision fading for her. Rino managed to catch her when the older girl collapsed. “Yuko? Yuko! What happened? Who did this to you?!”

“The… food… The… goddamn…food…” Her eyes were seen to have a pair of huge black ‘x’ signs marked where her eyes should’ve been. A drool slipped out from the corner of her mouth. Rino was confused at what Yuko was trying to say. “What are you trying to say?”

Then there was the sound of someone choking behind her. Metal utensils clattered against the wooden board of the ship. Heavy weight crashing down upon the ground. Vibration felt underneath her feet as  she held Yuko in her arms. And it all happened at once. Alarmed, Rino whipped her head around. She was startled to be staring at the scene in front of her.

Almost all of the members were knocked out from just taking a bite from the food that Yuki had cooked up just for them all. Just for this night alone.

Takahashi Minami was seen down on the ground with foam coming out of her mouth; eyes staring into space without a single form of consciousness seen behind them.

Right next to Minami was Minegishi, who was too knocked out. Faced down, one cannot be able to view her expression. (But we can all picture that she is beyond okay at this point.)

Poor Mariko on the table was still sitting, but face planted on the surface of the table near her plate. She too passed out from such disgust that her stomach wasn’t able to handle it.

Itano meanwhile was lucky enough not to eat the food in front of her. She saw everyone around her collapse immediately upon one bite, so she politely took her leave. Not saying a single word as she transcended with her actions by throwing the food out in a nearby disposal barrel. 

For some unknown reason, Kumi was seen laughing her head off from the food as she intake in more and more of it. Shoving the spoon into her mouth as she giggled like an insane kid. She must’ve already snapped far from her sanity level. No one knows exactly why she became like this, but probably due to the food’s taste.

Half of Yuria’s body was seated on top of the benches while the other half was on top of the floor. Mouth wide open with her eyelids closed from the shock.

Nearby Kanon fainted even before she took a bite from the special dish, leaning against Kumi’s body for support.

Far from where Rino stood was randomly Asuka’s head was through the wall. Looking as though she had thrown herself in attempt to kill herself from trying such food.

Sae was also seen trying to force the food down her throat. Looks like her love for Yuki is so great that she would even go through this dangerous trial just to prove her love to the girl. Tears formed from the corner of her eyes as she swallowed them into her digestive system.

Many other members were scattered around in critical state. A couple seconds has passed by and Yuki popped her head out of the kitchen. To her surprise, she saw the horrific and tragic event that has occurred through her food alone…

----------

“Yukirin. Just make sure that I do the cooking from now on, even if I am sick,” Kasai’s voice brought Yuki back to their present time. She blinked, staring at the other girl without much expression. Then a smile that twitched spread across her face. “I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.”

While Yuki came to a table and sat next to Matsui Rena, she eyed at the remaining members that was busy chatting to each other. There was Haruka and Itano in front of her, talking about normal businesses that occur in the ship. Jurina was also seen on the left side of Rena, too busy clinging to her arms.

“….so the repair for the ship is beyond what we expect it to be,” Itano sighed loudly, shaking her head with disbelief. Haruka next to her asked, “Is this the worse damage that has occurred on the ship as of right now?”

“No. We’ve had much worse than this, but I’m not saying that it’s any better than right now.”

Yuki and Rena watched them converse in silence, eating their food. As for Jurina, well, she’s being noisy and hyper as usual. “Mou, Rena-chan~ Feed me!” she puffed her cheeks, trying to get Rena’s attention. The older girl still paid no attention to the youngest girl and continued to ignore her. But after Jurina kept on tugging on her arm, she finally dragged her eyes over to her.

“Yes Jurina?” she asked with slight irritation hinted through her voice. Jurina suddenly formed her face into a puppy expression. A puppy expression that could persuade just about anyone that lay their eyes on her. Cuteness resonated from her like a radiating warmth from a sun. However, this didn’t really precisely work on Rena. She simply rolled her eyes and shook her head in response. “No Jurina. You’re not a kid anymore.”

“But I’m 15! That’s still a kid, right?”

“No, that’s not considered a kid, Jurina.”

“Pretty please~? Just this once, Rena-chan!”

Rena was about to tell Jurina to knock it off when she suddenly stopped talking for a moment. There was a small pause before a soft sigh escaped from her lips. “Alright Jurina.” Her eyes closed and hand came up to pinch the bridge of her nose when she felt the younger girl try to give her a smooch on the cheek.

“Arigatou, Rena-sama!”

“S-Sama?” Her eyelids snapped open and stared at Jurina, who also stared back. Rena could just vividly imagine Jurina having a dog’s tail waving happily left and right from behind. Now that she thought about it, she did find her to be cute with this sort of attitude. With a giggle, she pinched the younger girl’s cheek lightly and smiled. “Alright then. Just this once.”

While the two love birds were dealing with their own scenario, Yuki couldn’t help but let her mind wander back to her past. Just thinking about the past… About how she lost her parents. No matter how many times she wished to overcome it, her memories would always come back and haunt her. Haunt her and make her relive the time she never will hear from her parents ever again. Closing her eyes and letting herself into the darkness, she tried to remember something happy in order to get rid of the sadness that is built within her heart.

Mayu. Mayu’s face appeared in her mind. Imagining the younger girl’s smooth, clear skin and those emotionless, yet warm pair of eyes that would flicker with happiness when she would see Yuki. Always smiling and waving happily over at her direction. Despite marked as a cyborg girl, she has a soft heart for the older girl and those close to her.

Yuki’s eyes reopened to still find her surrounding unchanged. Both Haruka and Itano were still chatting with each other as the activity that was occurring on the left side, Rena was busy feeding Jurina like a little kid. That sadness she just felt a while ago magically disappeared. She had something to look forth to and be happy for.

---------

“Er… Yukirin? How much longer do we have to wait?”

“Not too far, Mayuyu.”

A groan left Mayu’s mouth as the two figures continued to sit in the carriage, leaning her head on Yuki’s right shoulder. “Mou, it’s already been like, what? An hour!”

The two girls had already been dropped off at a nearby port that consisted of a couple buildings that were either offices and banks or repair shop for vehicle. Minami shooed the two girls out of the port and told them to find the nearest town. The only problem was that after one takes a step out of the area, they would be faced with the vast green grassy fields and mountains the stretched far beyond their view. Trees of all sorts and wild animals that sometimes passed by was seen. Dirt roads and a few individual farm houses scattered throughout the land. Who knows how long it would take for the two girls to ride out on their carriage with the help of a guide to their destination.

“I’m sorry about the long ride, girls, but you know how unoccupied this piece of the country is,” the old man who was driving apologized. His frail, but strong hands gripped ahold of the dark brown rein that attached itself to the two horses; able to command the horses with a flick of the object. Gray hair covered his entire head, replacing the natural and young color he once had. Wrinkles and crooked, but white teeth seen inside of his mouth every time he opens it. He flicked his wrist, making the brown horses move forth a bit faster. “I must say though. Time has changed a lot in my 70 years of living.”

It took the two girls another hour in order to reach to their destination. Bidding the old friendly man farewell, they then counted the number of gold coins that would be enough to stay for a couple days. Minami did specifically state to them that they were to stay less than one month. And in that one month, they should try to find a place to buy the many objects that were on the scrolled list. The two girls, after counting, figured that they needed to find a place to stay first.

Little did they know that as they went onward, Sae was seen blending in with a small group of pedestrians walking on the street. She was observing Yuki at a far distance. Right beside her was none other than Sayaka. The two girls were also sent by Minami to find a job to help raise their funds due to the low incomes. Sae couldn’t help but squint her eyes when she saw the two individuals together. “Hopefully I can use this chance to get closer to Yukirin,” she whispered to herself as her hands tightened its grip on both sides of her arms. The other taller girl standing right beside her couldn’t help but mentally face palm herself. She just watched Sae as she rambled on about wanting to get Yuki back to being by her side. To be honest, she felt a little… sad when she heard her say those kind of words. Sayaka knew Yuki was most likely never going to come back to Sae's side since she saw how close both Mayu and her were together. But never the less, she kept quiet and hope to help Sae achieve her happiness. Even if it means sacrificing her own.

As the two girls were in the crowd, both Mayu and Yuki continued to search for the place where they would be able to keep travelers into a safe haven. After a good full ten minutes of searching, they finally found a place.

“ ‘Haven of Milky’ Really?” Mayu blinked at such name that appear on the sign above the entrance doorway. “Milky… I wonder why someone would name such a business like that?” Yuki simply replied with a shrug of her shoulders. “Guess we’ll find out who the owner is when we enter.”

Heeding to her words, the two girls went inside with Mayu pushing the door open. There was the sound of the metal bell above ringing to alert that there is a new incoming customer. When they came inside, they saw their surroundings. It was a simple yet artistic layout. Containing the front desk and couple of chairs nearby, they were uniquely designed to keep those waiting and standing around for their room assignments to be comfortable. Pillows for ones bottoms and portraits of famous paintings were hung up on the walls.

Behind the front desk stood a young, mature 18 year old girl. A Japanese feature that represents she wasn’t born here in Spain, she smiled at the two girls. “Welcome to Haven of Milky. How may I help you?”

Mayu approached the owner with Yuki and took out a poach of their money. But before she was able to loosen the strings that kept the opening closed, her eyes connected with the owner and widen with surprise. All actions stopped for her as she stood frozen in her spot. Mouth opened, she managed to take a couple steps backward. Still staring at the other girl.

“Mayu? What’s wrong-“

“You… Are you… Watanabe Miyuki?”

Offline ChuuuPuffss

• Maomao
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Wandering Ship [Atsumina, Kojiyuu, etc.] - Chapter 8 [Update: 03/02/13]
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 05:34:49 AM »
I bet Mayu and Waruki are sisters OTL

Woohoo, WWatanabe just crashed in. Nice, first I had to bear reading a bit SaeYuki and now it's added up with WWatanabe.

You like torturing me, Mama?! OTL Jks jks. The plot is going well as it is~

Update soooon~~  :deco:
I'm the lazy author who rarely updates.

http://melonpandayoo.tumblr.com/

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
lol true, I guess Minami would need Atsuko to keep her from disposing of the paper work :P
Thanks for the update!!!!!!! Very enjoyable chapter as always :)

LOL at Yuki's cooking incident. If the red coats knew the secret to yuki's cooking, theyd take out Minamis crew in no time lol

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
lol true, I guess Minami would need Atsuko to keep her from disposing of the paper work :P
Thanks for the update!!!!!!! Very enjoyable chapter as always :)

LOL at Yuki's cooking incident. If the red coats knew the secret to yuki's cooking, theyd take out Minamis crew in no time lol

could be..

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »
Wah.... Yuki's cooking just eliminate nearly the entire crews of Takamina's  :nervous 

next time if they have any fight just, throw Yuki's cooking into the mouth of their enemy.  :twisted:

It would be less dangerous for them and less damages to the ship and themselves.  :lol:

Sae is so crazy... just to prove her love for Yuki... she still tried out the food that she knew she could not have stomach it. :sweatdrop:

Ah... Sae still think she can get close with Yuki during this stop.... while Sayaka will get her heart broken while seeing Sae trying to get Yuki's attention

Eh... Watanabe Miyuki.... Mayu's sister...?! I thought Mayu is a orphan.. so may be cousin...?!

I can't wait to see what's going to happen next

Thank you for the funny update

:wub: :inlove: :heart: :love:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Megitsune