JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taia - Fuuma

Author Topic: [Discuss] Korean Drama Thread  (Read 56688 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
[Discuss] Korean Drama Thread
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:23:33 AM »
I don't really watch korean dramas, but got curious. They seem to be popular all over Asia.

I just watched the drama, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang, and I loved it, and it's probably one of my favorite dramas. Definitely one of the best romantic comedies I've seen.

So I guess here you can discuss Korean dramas and maybe recommend some.

To start it off

I'd recommend Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang to everyone. It's hilarious, cute, has some cool action scenes and is a tear jerker. The two leads are also really awesome in it. It's one of the few things I've seen that has a huge time lapse, yet it actually works out for the best. I never got bored watching it. There's a complete subbed batch in D-Addicts, but some of the subs are messed up. That can be fixed by looking up the subs thread in the d-addicts forum.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:22:55 AM by Masa »

Offline michael08

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Korean Drama Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
yeah streak i already watched it and my sister is very fanatic in that korean drama...:)

Guys i don't know if you know about this korean drama it's called "Full House" and it's really cool it makes a history in our tv industry because it hitted the highest rating in our history, guys i recommend this korean drama to you it is a must seen kdorama give me comment if you already watched that kdorama thanks...

Offline Levin

• Tae Yeon<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:15:49 AM »
BUMP!

I have "Delightful Girl, Choon-hyang" on DVD, but I haven't watched it in its entirety. I saw most of it on television but not the end. It's entertaining. I like Han Chae Young.

My sister and I loved "Sweet Spy." My sister isn't usually into Korean dramas, but she liked Dennis Oh. Nam Sang Mi is really cute. I thought it was pretty edgy for showing an after sex scene.

I'm currently watching "Coffee Prince" with Yun Eun Hye. She's so cute as a tomboy. It's about a girl who dresses as a boy to keep her job at a coffee shop (you have to be male to work there because they only want princes). Her boss, who doesn't know she's a girl, starts to have feelings for her. Hilarity ensues.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:31:09 AM »
I'm currently watching Time of Dog and Wolf, starring Lee Jun Ki (the playboy from My Girl, the androgynous dude from the King and the Clown).  Its really good, starts out with that usual format...fast action in the beginning then reverts to childhood, and by episode 2 its current time...and ep 4 just ended and now it looks like another time jump is coming up. 

Its paced rather well compared to dragged out korean dramas i've seen.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:49:37 AM »
I'm currently watching Coffee Prince too. It's a really nice drama~ Especially with all of those hot guys in it XDDD
I think I'll also recommend Goong and tons of more~ XD

Offline Demon Eyes

• My Slashables!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I See It, Do you?
Re: [Discuss] Korean Drama Thread
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
The only Korean Dramas I've watched are COMA and PAINTER OF THE WIND.

COMA is a Horror/Thriller set in a Hospital and five episodes long (Which are feature length).

It was recommended to me by my Korean PenPal actually. Otherwise I wouldn't have come across it.

Poster

Painter of the Wind has our lovely Moon Geun-yeong(One of the sisters in a Tale Of Two Sister) playing as the girl disguised as a boy in order to go to art school.

I loved this drama so much and I am looking forward to the movie.

The ending was greatly satisfying.

Yun Bok/Jeong-hyang forever!

I still can't get over the excitement I got when they won the Best Couple award.

Pic:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 02:00:37 AM »
I don't watch Korean drama but I "stumbled upon" this Taylor Swift mix of "Boys over Flowers" video. Heard of the drama but this is cute:

[SoEulmates MV] Taylor Swift - Love Story

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:29:24 AM by daigong »

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 10:26:37 AM »
Omg, I love korean dramas! Been watching them for some time now. Here's a list of my watched kdramas:

Before and After Plastic Surgery
Coffee Prince
Crazy for You
I am SAM
Man Who Can't Get Married
Style
The Vineyard Man
Worlds Within
You're Beautiful

Currently watching:

IRIS
Invincible Lee Pyung Kang
Will it Snow for Christmas

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 04:39:53 AM »
I used to be a huge K-drama fan... but then after watching 1 Litre of Tears, I haven't gone back. It was becoming obvious how K-dramas tend to recycle the same story-lines and make 'em drag on too long.

BUT.

Here are some really good dramas:

- Thank You (my fav K-drama ever. It's so beautiful. And MEANINGFUL)
- Fantasy Couple (funny, funny  :rofl: )
- Sweet 18 (another really funny, heart-warming drama)
- Full House (it's the most loved/recognised Korean drama for a reason)
- Soulmate (not as well recognised, but boy is it good...)

Offline paihchenko

• today's gonna be a great day
  • ecchi
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
i'm currently wtching you're beautiful....
so far, this drama not bad...
hahaha... :grin:

Offline Ichigo_Pantsu

• "The Penetrator"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a lover not a fighter!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »
anyone should try IRIS (the story's great IMO)..tho kinda sad/frustrating in the end :(

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
There isn't one Korean drama I finished watching lol. I saw a bit of this Hotel/Hospital one but it was so long lol.

What are YOU watching now?

Check out this Korean TV series "나쁜 남자 (Bad Guy. 2010)" Teaser Trailer

나쁜 남자 (Bad Guy)
2010/ South Korea/ Comedy, Romance, Drama
Director: 이형민 (Lee Hyung-min)
Cast: 김남길 (Kim Nam-gil), 한가인 (Han Ga-in), 오연수 (Oh Yun-soo), 김재욱 (Kim Jae-uk)
Korea Air Run: 2010.05 (SBS-TV)

http://www.KMDb.com

(u bet we moved this thread here)

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 12:22:15 AM »
I've been watching God of Study with Kim Soo Ro and Jiyeon from T-ara. It's based off the Japanese manga, "Dragon Zakura" and there was a J-drama of the same name. I haven't watched the Japanese version so I can't compare, but this version is pretty good. Kim Soo Ro is great, and Jiyeon is just too cute in it. The other girl actress, Go Ah Sung, is pretty cute too and she gives me an Inoue Mao vibe. The kid who plays the main student, Yoo Seung Ho, is a pretty good actor too. The ending theme song is sung by 4minute too.

I guess I should watch Dragon Zakura later cause it has Yama-P, Teppei, Abe Hiroshi, and Aragaki Yui though. So I have a feeling the Japanese one might be better?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
T-ara getting drama gigs? NICE! lol Go Ah Sung has great hair:

Last one I saw was Hotelier and i think it was random fucking reruns on Chinese TV so it was dubbed :lol:

I see RAW eps on cashewmaniakpop  that look interesting. Chuno, slaves uprising during the Ch'ing Dynasty lol

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
^^ :smhid (without the mean face lol) j/k that's just my opinion :P

I've been watching both Korean and Japanese versions of the drama at the same time and of course because j-dramas are only 11 eps and k-dramas are 16, j-dramas feel a bit rushed which is what I got from watching it. Like some parts from the j-ver happens way later in k-ver. They started off similar but then they start to deviate from each other. I'm guessing the j-ver is the closest at following the manga while the k-ver is more flexible, adding more things into their story. The j-ver has a more serious mood than the k-ver. I finally caught up with eps. 6 & 7 today of the k-ver and saw T-ara's cameo. :D Jiyeon is very cute in this drama, her and Yoo Seung Ho look cute together (they already shared a kiss in T-ara's "Lies" MV) And there's a lot of T-ara pimpage throughout the drama if you pay attention. :lol:

Not only 4Minute has a song in the OST but also BEAST and f(x) AND...even Jiyeon has a solo song ("Rolling") in the OST too. You will hear it a lot in the drama.

Go Ah Sung (who I first saw her in the movie "The Host") reminds me of a younger Im Soo Jung (A Tale of Two Sisters) my favorite K-actress. :D

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She was in The Host!?!?!? That's why she seemed so familiar!!! That was a great movie XD Btw you were right, After episode 7, it's a ton of Jiyeon!! I'm happy :D And yea, that's one of the reasons why I always liked K-dramas more then J-dramas, to tenkei's dismay hehe
Whenever I see Jiyeon, I wanna make screencaps and gifs, she's so cute...

Hey dai, since you like Jiyeon, I really recommend this drama. I watched 10 episodes in 4 days lol, it's pretty good!

Offline luverguy

• ecchi
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »
I like save the last dance, coffee prince... kdrama is great to watch! v addictive!

Offline coffeerose

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 04:40:13 AM »
some of my favorite korean dramas: my girl, coffee prince, goong, lovers in paris……

jphip website info: jphip is 5 years old :twothumbs

Offline Levin

• Tae Yeon<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 12:10:36 AM »
I just started watching "Cinderella's Sister" with my roomie. It's a twist on the usual Cinderella story since Eun Ju (Moon Geun Young) is the step-sister that no one likes. Hyo Sun (Kim Moon Joo) is Cinderella in this case and everyone favors her, even Eun Ju's mother.
I love Eun Ju because she's such a rebel/bitch/badass. :twisted:
Hyo Sun is SO CUTE, though. You can't not like her because she's so innocent and amusing.
Taec Yeon from 2PM is supposed to be in it eventually. I don't really care for him, though.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:18:14 AM by Levin »

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »
Taecyeon's gonna bomb! It's all about Seulong in Perosnal Taste! XD
Nation's Little Sister is gonna save it though. Moon Geun Young is too awesome  :D
Be sure to post back here how it is. I don't start watching dramas til it's almost over so I can marathon it :lol:

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taia - Fuuma