JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Modern Times

Author Topic: [Discuss] Korean Drama Thread  (Read 56691 times)

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
Re: [Discuss] Korean Drama Thread
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »
I just watched my first episode of my first kdrama yesterday!! Boys over flowers <3
OMG :D  I'm so slow watching that series. I watched like, eps 1-5 in a day about 18935691365 months ago.  Then I just watched ep 6 a few weeks ago. :sweat:  I need to stay on track!

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »
500 posts! Dedicated to kdrama  :yep: Thing I couldn't live without and what makes even those bad days manageable  :)

Title: 장난스런 키스 / Jangnanseureon Kiss
Also known as: Playful Kiss, Naughty Kiss
Genre: Romance, school
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2010-Sep-01 to TBA
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis:

Based on the popular manga, Oh Ha Ni is a clumsy student who falls for the perfectionist, Baek Seung Jo. However, Seung Jo is indifferent towards her and rejects her love. When Ha Ni's house collapses, she and her father moves into his long-time friend's house. It turns out that Seung Jo is the friend's son and Ha Ni is given the opportunity to be near the guy she loves. Will she be able to move Seung Jo's heart?

Cast
Kim Hyun Joong as Baek Seung Jo
Jung So Min as Oh Ha Ni
Lee Tae Sung as Bong Joon Gu
Lee Si Young as Yoon He Ra
Jung Hye Young as Hwang Geum Hee (Seung Jo's mother)
Oh Kyung Soo as Baek Soo Chang (Seung Jo's father)
Choi Won Hong as Baek Eun Jo (Seung Jo's brother)
Kang Nam Gil as Oh Ki Dong (Ha Ni's father)
Hong Yoon Hwa as Jung Joo Ri (Ha Ni's friend)
Yoon Seung Ah as Dok Go Min Ah (Ha Ni's friend)
Jang Ah Young as Hong Jang Mi

Playful Kiss is now the number one best kdrama for me. I recommend this for people who like romantic comedy style dramas or just plain romantic stuff  :)

Offline Kio_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
^me too, me too! I started that about three weeks ago, and I love it :heart: I just hope episodes would come faster XD

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »
I was looking forward to this drama because I've seen parts of the taiwanese version and thought it was pretty good. I've watched four episodes and so far it's pretty good.

I really like Jung So Min. I liked her in Bad Guy and didn't even realise he was the main actress for this drama until I started watching. I just found out she has the exact same birthday as me as well  :P

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »
Yeah, judging by these two dramas she's pretty versatile actress  :)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »
DOPE! Free clips! A media company that embraces Youtube. :thumbup

YouTube version of Kim Hyun-joong "Naughty Kiss" a big hit

The online version of MBC's latest drama "Naughty Kiss" being aired on YouTube is proving to be popular amongst both local and international fans.

According to a press release from the show's promoter Group 8, the first episode of the YouTube version of "Naughty Kiss," which was uploaded on Tuesday, received over 520,000 hits.

The show was also viewed by people from all over the world including Asia, North America, Europe, Africa, China and Japan, who have left over a total 3,400 comments underneath, the most number of remarks a video in the entertainment category to receive.

The online episodes show the married life of Baek Sung-jo (played by Kim Hyun-joong) and Oh Hani (played by Jung So-min).

The show also features English, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish subtitles provided by online community (www.viikii.net).

Fans who have seen the series online left comments saying, "Yaaay~Thank you for the subtitles!" "This show is too cute! This episode reminds me of when my hubby and I first got together..."

"The numerous hits and favorable reviews from fans for the drama shows that Korean content can compete in the global market," Group 8 CEO Song Byung-joon was quoted as saying, adding that it is effective to see the different responses from the international fans.

“Naughty Kiss” (MBC) which finished its run last month had been sold to 12 countries before going on air and a total 11 countries in Asia including Japan, Thailand and Hong Kong.

YouTube version of "Naughty Kiss" will air every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and feature seven ten-minute long episodes for three weeks.

"Naughty Kiss" can be seen on its official YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/ytkiss).

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010110417053267608

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
Hot Actress from Secret Garden, Kim Sarang 김사랑

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 07:17:20 PM »
Ohh...Kim Sarang is hot for sure  :fap She was in this one movie that I watched years ago...

(had to look for some pics :lol: )

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:33:19 PM by NAzu »

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »
Back on the topic. So I started to watch this drama that started few days ago.

Mary Stayed Out All Night

Details:
Title: 매리는 외박중 / Maerineun Oebakjoong
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2010-Nov-08 to 2010-Dec-28
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis:

Wi Mae Ri is a stubborn woman and the daughter of a failed businessman without much experience in dating. She starts to date tough rocker Kang Moo Kyul. Problems arise when a perfect guy with a good background and prestigious education, Byun Jung In, gets in the way.

Cast:

Moon Geun Young as Wi Mae Ri
Jang Geun Suk as Kang Moo Kyul
Kim Jae Wook as Byun Jung In
Kim Hyo Jin as Seo Joon
Park Joon Gyu as Jung Suk (Jung In's father)
Park Sang Myun as Wi Dae Han (Mae Ri's father)
Lee Ah Hyun as Kam So Young (Moo Kyul's mother)

I've only watched the first ep but it impressed me. I haven't seen Moon Geun Young in any other dramas so she's a fresh face for me.  Jang Geun Suk is familiar from You're Beautiful and he's pretty awesome actor  :) There's some other familiar actors too like Kim Jae Wook (Bad Guy, Antique). You can find subtitles from Yellow Cinema and Written in the Heavens (withs2). Yellow Cinema also provides raw files for this drama and many others. So check it out!

Offline md007

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2010, 10:24:24 PM »
The first and only drama I've watched is "별을 따다 줘 / Byeoreul Ttada Jwo" aka Stars Falling From the Sky / Pick the Stars / Wish Upon a Star.
I really liked it. I saw it simply because I was curious on how the song "별을 따다 줘", interpreted by KARA; was used on the show,
and I couldn't stop watching it.

Now I want to see Boys before flowers, and I'm planing to see Playfull Kiss, My gf is a gumiho, Beethover virus, and any other that looks interesting  XD

BTW, that Kim Sarang is really HOT and CUTE, something very difficult to find.

Cheers to all Kdrama addicts fans  :D
*Working on...*

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »
Teaser of Athena's first ep released!

Man, I've been waiting for this drama since Iris ended and it look pretty damn good judging by the teaser  :)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:30 PM »
My top drama from Korea is... Sorry, I love You. Watched it a couple times, truly is amazing, here's the storyline but there's so much more going on than this. highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. :twothumbs
Cha Moo Hyuk was adopted by an Australian family but was abused and left homeless at an early age. One day he comes across Song Eun Chae, the coordinator for Choi Yune, a famous singer in Korea, whom she is secretly in love with. Her fateful encounter with Moo Hyuk ends up affecting not only her life but that of her precious Yune as well.

Because of an accident involving his ex-girlfriend, Moo Hyuk is left with 3 months to live. This leads him to head back to Korea in search of his biological mother. The discoveries he makes, changes his heart from longing to revenge. Even with all this darkness surrounding him, he finds an unexpected source of happiness with someone he did not expect to love.

Cast

So Ji Sub as Cha Moo Hyuk
Im Su Jung as Song Eun Chae
Jung Kyung Ho as Choi Yune
Seo Ji Young as Kang Min Joo
Choi Yeo Jin as Moon Ji Young
Lee Hye Young as Oh Deul Hee (Yune’s mother)
Jun Hye Jin as Yoon Seo Kyung
Lee Young Ha as Song Dae Chun (Eun Chae’s father)
Kim Hye Ok as Jang Hye Sook (Eun Chae’s mother)
Shin Goo as Min Hyun Suk
Ok Ji Young as Song Sook Chae (Eun Chae’s older sister)
Jung Hwa Young as Song Min Chae (Eun Chae’s younger sister)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »
I just started watching IRIS, after seeing Lee Byung Hun in The Good, The Bad, The Weird. :hump:

Kim Tae Hee :shocked:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 09:35:40 AM »
^^^^ Athena looks awesome, what's this talk about BoA/SNSD cameos?!

"Athena" premieres at 9:55 p.m. on December 13.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »
^^^^ Athena looks awesome, what's this talk about BoA/SNSD cameos?!

"Athena" premieres at 9:55 p.m. on December 13.

Boa will make a cameo apperance in episode 6 (which is btw the next episde that will be subbed by withs2). I heard that she will starring as female singer who is been held hostage by a terrorist group.

Offline david260684

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
I've just watched athena ep6.. wow. there's BoA.. she's very pretty in there and good acting too.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
Yeah BoA was awesome in Athena  :) I guess her stage experience really helps in acting too, her acting felt really natural (compared to Suzy in Dream High who is a bit stiff).

Talking bout Dream High I really like it! The cast is pretty good cos it has nice variety of kpop group members and even JYP  :) In the first eps Suzy was a bit stiff with her acting and didn't seem as natural as Taecyeon and Eunjung. Even tho Suzy's acting is a bit so so at times I still love her playing a bitch  :lol: It's so different from her 'real' image that I have got from the variety shows and music programs.

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 11:46:27 PM »
i remembered watching part of sorry, i love you but i never finished it.

i personally loved mary stayed out all night but others said it was terrible because of the writing style.
either way, i really liked it. lol
be back later with some drama commentaries that are longer XD

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2011, 07:48:44 AM »
Ahh just finished Secret Garden. Overall...pretty satisfied with it. At first I wasn't really enjoying it too much, but as a couple episodes went by it finally picked up for me. And now I can finally understand all the parodies Korean artists do about the show lol.

I also started watching Dream High...only on like episode 3 lol. But anyway Suzy's acting didn't bother me much. But yea I like her playing as a bitch too NAzu lol. I think she does a pretty good job of it. The only parts I can think of that did bother me was when Taecyeon acts all cool and stuff lol. It came off a bit too corny and stuff lol. But so far enjoying it...and I find it hilarious that JYP is in it. I just never expected him to be in it.

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »
OMG I LOOOOOVVEEEE DREAM HIGH!
seriously the whole thing is freaking awesome.
i think suzy's acting is improving episode by episode, and iu is great in it<3 i'm hating baekhee's character right now. yall will too if you watch up to ep 11.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Modern Times