JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU

Author Topic: [Discuss] What has k-pop done to you??  (Read 34702 times)

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
Re: [Discuss] What has k-pop done to you??
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 06:58:01 PM »
What has K-pop done to me?
Answer: It's made me constantly produce gifs that up my perv rep ridiculously.

And we're certainly grateful for that. :D

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 07:01:01 PM »
It made me apply the Queen's Engrish to hilarious effect. FLEDER SATDER SANDER, MOSURETAWV!

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
Korea has made me lose friends. :mad: I've had friends who first liked japanese music, mostly the boy bands and then they started listening to Super Junior and those Koreans. Then they started saying japan sucks, lol, nobody likes such stuff and i've never liked anything japanese coz I only love Suju and Hangeng etc. :mad:
And how could i stand someone who says "japan sucks, you suck, i don't care about you if you don't like my pretty ass Koreans." :mad:
lol arrrr! XD But i do like Korean singers myself. :) SNSD...... and f(x)? Well they are a part of the "stealin' your friends team" but they're so nice i can't help but like XD And Big Bang's cool :)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 12:57:51 AM »
not gonna post anything on topic really, cus i'm staff and not supposed to instigate riots 8D

just wanted to clarify that the phrase "What has K-pop done...?!" came from me and boykun making fun of ping and fen when they fangirled over K-pop stuff while we were hanging out together last month

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 02:07:26 AM »
Korea has made me lose friends. :mad: I've had friends who first liked japanese music, mostly the boy bands and then they started listening to Super Junior and those Koreans. Then they started saying japan sucks, lol, nobody likes such stuff and i've never liked anything japanese coz I only love Suju and Hangeng etc. :mad:
And how could i stand someone who says "japan sucks, you suck, i don't care about you if you don't like my pretty ass Koreans." :mad:
lol arrrr! XD But i do like Korean singers myself. :) SNSD...... and f(x)? Well they are a part of the "stealin' your friends team" but they're so nice i can't help but like XD And Big Bang's cool :)

Damn man, that sounds like flat out racism on their part. That's not cool at all.  There are a lot of people that will stick up fortheir favorite groups, especially if they're idols, but racism is never cool.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 02:10:22 AM »
not gonna post anything on topic really, cus i'm staff and not supposed to instigate riots 8D

Awww man, if there was anyone I wanted to hear someone to speak on this, it woulda been you  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 03:10:09 AM »
WHAT had k-pop done to me..
What has K-POP done to me..
What HAS k-pop done to me..
What has k-pop done to ME..

It's opened a whole new culture to me. Made me hate auto tune, then love it. I blame Korean movies and Jae Suk for giving me gateway to it. Then I saw Taeyeon belting it on some music show and it was over.

One thing that surprised me was how much relevance the fan army's and netizen culture gets. It even spills into the international fans. A lot of them are waaaaaay too interested in the drama rather than the music and entertainment. But the artists themselves are great and there's constantly something new if you follow a popular active group. :)

What has K-pop done to me?
Answer: It's made me constantly produce gifs that up my perv rep ridiculously.

Ah yes the GIFs :grin: [bgcolor=#000000]rep +1[/bgcolor]

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 04:52:59 AM »
It opened my eyes that used to be glued to only japanese related things. Now don't get me wrong. I still enjoy my J-pop artists/groups as much as the K-pop artists/groups that I'm currently into. I won't stop learning japanese and switch to studying korean. My dream of becoming a translator or tutor may have changed just a little bit. Once I get better in japanese I'll try to free up some time to learn korean.

I'll just say this: J-pop is J-pop & K-pop is K-pop. There's no point in arguing over which is better. They both have many differences, but the one thing they have in common is they attract a lot of people's attentions.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 06:10:31 AM »
I'll just say this: J-pop is J-pop & K-pop is K-pop. There's no point in arguing over which is better.

AMEN. I get all weirded out when my fandoms interact because I get different things out of them. If I want great melodies, traditional bubblegum, concert tours, and underage girlsWTF :lol: moments I go with J-pop, and if I want hard beats, addictive hooks, awesome performances, and bamf oldies GAHEE <3badass attitudes I go with Kpop. Sure there's some overlap, but not enough for me to angst about it seriously. It's like the people who make fandom wank about H!P vs. AKB48, and I get different perks from those groups too.

That said, the exception to this is DEFINITELY gamer!Ai-chan. And Sunny. :wub: Hawt geeks are hawt.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »
Has made me realized that maybe it isn't too bad to listen to K-pop but maybe I would try to understand more of the language and maybe continue on to learning

Just gotta say, I am really proud of you! & I hope you know why *hugs*

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
so much kpop exposure by jphip fellas makes me want to change my cable provider just to check korean tv.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
Kpop is good for our business especially since the H!P section is slowly dying away. The more our kpop fans post, the better :yep:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »
EVERYONES COLLECTING SNSD CARDS!! Join in on the fun :panic: :fap

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 04:54:22 AM »
Kpop.... has made me more feminine XD
foocking pink.... Girls all over each other....
Yet, it's kept my straight, even with all the gay in it. I thank the hot Kpop men.  LOL

Haha but no, seriously, Kpop has made me love music all over again. It's also given me great insight on Asian entertainment and taught me a lot about music comparison and the music business in general (even outside Kpop). It's given me a lot of opportunities and I've met many people through working with some websites, so it's not at all bad.

Kpop's also sucked the life and money out of me. Lol especially since VERY few real life friends/people know about my passion for international music, Kpop's helped me meet new people that have the same passion for this crazy but super entertaining fandom. I've never had more fun following a fandom in my life. And even though sometimes Kpop stresses me out, I get great ass talent from awesome entertainers that it makes it all worthwhile when the antis flip a shit. It's also helped me realize my dream career path.

Damn, I love Kpop :heart:

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline chobocomo123

• ecchi
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2010, 07:45:08 AM »
Kpop opened my eyes to a new world outside of Jpop...once you kpop you just kant stop   XD I think I actually enjoy kpop more and korean variety is def more entertaining. Half the time I'm dying from laughter from these shows, ahh fun times.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
Having another set of idols in a different culture has really let me nail down what I love about H!P. It's interesting that my H!P fandom had a mini-revival right around the Oh-RDR transition, and it's because Kpop has made me really appreciate some of the things in Jpop. Such as END ROLL from AKB48.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

The songs: Kpop's numbers are better for putting on your running playlist. However, they do tend to beat their hooks to death. Jpop numbers generally have better songwriting, but aren't necessarily as immediately catchy.

The arrangements: Kpop arrangements are are steeped in techno and BEATS BEATS BEATS, due to the dance nature of the songs. Jpop arrangements not only use less autotune, but they have much more variety in styles, as well as using synthesized orchestra instruments more than the electronic synths. Oh's retro-pop style would have sounded quite Ayaya if it weren't for its electro arrangements. But this also means that the many layers in Jpop arrangements are more apparent.  :wub: For example, Tan Tan Taan! has a freaking genius arrangement with counter-melodies and bells and whistles that weave together seamlessly to sound deceptively simple. The guitar/piano remixes from Tivoler do a good job to show how many different counter-melodies went into classic H!P numbers.(My favorite is this one, all of the different parts are cheesily mixed in the original but here you can here them all given their fair weight)

Ballads: Don't even get me started on the freaking Kpop ballads. Same old, same old, all over again with the same guitar/piano-->strings-->mind-blowing orchestra/rock band climax --> cooldown back into guitar/piano formula abusing the suspended cymbal crescendoes. You heard one you heard them all. Jpop ballads vary much more in style, including your laidback numbers to your laidback-but-upbeat numbers to your big choruses to your choral pieces, sometimes all in the same song.  :lol: Of course there exceptions, like select BEG and Epik High numbers.(Although the one BEG song reminds me of good ol' Taiyou to Ciscomoon and/or Minmi :lol:)

Remixes: Kpop remixes are mostly techno-based, playing up their danceability. H!P remixes on the other hand were largely rock rearrangements, and others doing completely different stuff like CosmoTiger's disco pieces or Nothing But the Girl's Acid? mixes. So Kpop remixes tend to be more fun but Jpop remixes more creative.(Like The Charmy Show  XD)

Talent: Kpop wins hands down.  :lol: But because the bar is so much higher in Kpop, that means its much easier to see who has the It Factor in Jpop, who can dance beyond your standard idol crap.(Takahashi, Saki, Noro, Matsubara Natsumi, etc) It also meant that I immediately identified RDR as an idol dance in contrast to the awesomeness that is ITNW.(and its fucking REMIX! hot shit there!)

Personality: This is really a cultural thing. J-variety is a lot more vicious, with the hosts doing everything they can to humiliate the idols. In contrast, K-variety is utterly in love with their idols and praises them to the high heavens. Any embarassment of Kpop idols is usually self-inflicted. I'd say most of the AKB48 frontgirls have as much spunk as say, SNSD though. So J-variety has a lot more physical humor and WTF moments where K-variety tends to have more dialogue and snark moments. This also means that I needs subs for Kpop much more than I do for Jpop. With Jpop, I had enough of a comprehension of idol-japanese to get the gist of the members' evaluations in MM DVD Magazine 23.  :nervous, but I definitely can't do that with Kpop.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:42:16 PM by Rayle »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 05:45:06 AM »
Kpop has given me more beats to fuck up when I rap
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline borly

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »
k-pop has got my hard drive space filling up quickly. it's got my colleagues at work addicted as well. :)

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 05:25:20 AM »
hmmmm.
I started out exclusively listening to jpop in like 7th grade. Then i got exposed to kpop in between 8th and 9th. I found the variety of voices to be much richer and quality than jpop. I love jpop, but now kpop has overtaken it.
Well that and when my hard drive crashed between 8th and 9th grade, i lost ALL my jpop. LOL after graduating from high school i am now officially kpopped..
but its true, jpop and kpop are two different animals. :]

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 03:22:22 AM »
It ruined my savings.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU