JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Street Story

Author Topic: Tour de LANCE  (Read 4622 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Tour de LANCE
« on: July 17, 2005, 08:30:32 AM »
Simply amazing ... looks like Lance Armstrong is gonna go out on top. Saw one of his teammates fuckin fly off the mountain.

... and don't forget to show your support for those living with Cancer!

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »
i was waiting for someone to make this thread...

GO LANCE! He is so going to win again this year....that discovery team is so kick ass.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 10:32:09 AM »
Have to admit that Lance is quite good riding a bicycle.

But I hope he'll lose... Or at least gets some challenge.
coot is ctz

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 08:13:31 PM »
I'm impressed that he gained over a minute more in his lead over his closest competitor in the last stage or two, especially since these stages are the one in the mountains and involve lots of uphill sections.

GO LANCE!!!  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 09:30:36 PM »
WOW. No surprise. Dude just cruised to the 7th victory. Guy is like superman! :thumbsup

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
In the cycling world, especially considering he had to overcome cancer...Lance Armstrong IS SUPERMAN!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline yakuruto

• Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 09:08:18 PM »
I'm not a cycling fan, but I guess anyone in the civilized wold has heard of Lance Armstrong at least once. Some may say that people is sympathetic towards him because of his former cancer problem or whatever, but the truth is that that guy is a great athlete and he's where he is thanks to his own effort. Congratulations to Lance.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 03:55:31 PM »
How about that huh?? The "most tested man on the tour" or just the French hate for him??
 :?
Tour director: Lance doping 'proven scientific fact'

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 01:36:22 AM »
How old is that urine? Pretty old urine.

I won't agree with the French until Lance confesses.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tour de LANCE
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
The professional cycling has been so doped for a long time, so it wouldn't be surprise at all if Lance has taken some too. Digging up old samples from 1999 is somewhat pointless though... He already quit. Too late for whining about old samples.
coot is ctz

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Tour de LANCE
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
He was in Edmonton to speak onbehalf of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation

Lance Armstrong has arrived in Edmonton to give some pedal power to a fundraiser for breast cancer research.

Hundreds of Edmontonians attended a luncheon to hear famous cyclist's inspiring story.

Armstrong faced the battle of his life 14 years ago when he was diagnosed with stage three testicular cancer. Only in his mid 20s at the time, Armstrong refused to let the disease deter him from setting some very lofty goals. He managed a comeback, going on to win the Tour de France a record seven times.

He is in Edmonton to lead a 100-kilometre bike ride, raising funds for breast cancer research.

Dozens of people each raised at least $25,000 for the chance to take part in a bike ride they'll never forget.

"I'm here for the ride of my life," said Kristin Crowe, a mother-of-two and local breast cancer survivor.

Crowe says she gathers inspiration from Armstrong's experience.

"Last fall in October, I ran my first ever full marathon in Long Beach, California," Crowe told CTV News, adding that a couple of weeks later she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

"I read somewhere that Lance actually said, ‘You have two choices in a situation like that,'" Crowe added. "You can either give up or you can fight like Hell and I chose to fight."

Organizers say money raised from the luncheon and the bike ride will raise $1.5 million for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

check the video: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Video+Lance+Armstrong+Speech/3442105/story.html

Tmr. he goes biking to Jasper with a bunch of guys who paid tons of jack just for this opportunity.

How old is that urine? Pretty old urine.

I won't agree with the French until Lance confesses.

VINDICATED!!

Luis Garcia del Moral, the chief doctor of Lance Armstrong’s United States Postal Service team when he won the Tour de France five times, dismissed Floyd Landis’s accusations that Armstrong and some teammates used banned drugs. Del Moral, who oversaw the team’s medical staff from 1999 to 2003, said he never witnessed any doping programs during his time with the team. Armstrong has denied the allegations.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
As a longtime supporter of Livestrong and the awareness the foundation brings to battling cancer....all these sweeping confessions, admissions, etc. etc. surrounding Lance Armstrong leaves me with mixed emotions. The fuck, that's why I made this thread! just looking at me and Thimas, supporting his ass makes me laugh - FUCK WERE WE STUPID :tama-mad:

To be honest, when this all fell through - him giving up his fight against the Doping Commission, was pretty clear to me what the truth was. I stopped wearing the Livestrong bracelet and took down any association I had with it on our site, my sites etc. So disappoint.

I'm await what he says on Oprah but judging from all the talk, he really didn't say much and this just opens up the floodgate. All the allegations of him bullying, threatening people for calling him out, he was the DeFactor Ring Leader??

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 05:00:04 AM »
Even if one has not yet seen it (the video of his interview with Oprah), there are a few clips on Oprah's network YouTube account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/OWN/videos?query=armstrong

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Street Story