JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cruyff In The Bedroom - Sunflowers Bloom In Dark

Author Topic: The Battle Royale Thread (may contain spoilers)  (Read 45474 times)

Offline lemonado

The Battle Royale Thread (may contain spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2007, 06:08:39 AM »
Battle Royale I was one of the first japanese movies I watched and boy did it get me good.. The movie was great and although violent, it was nice in a way.. XD Mitsuko roX~! :P Battle Royale II was very bad though.. Was expecting something good after watching the first one.. Well, can't really expect much since I read that the directors were different.. The original BRI director died.. :cry: So the son took over..

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2007, 06:08:10 AM »
Battle Royal 1 ROCKED!!!, SO HARDCORE

Battle Royal 2....OMG, worst movie EVER!!, hated it so much, it was so bad...I was glad I got to see Noriko again at the end <3 <3, she's cute.

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »
yea.. br 2 sucks. nanahara is cuter in the first movie XD

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2007, 05:43:01 AM »
^true.. true.. i can't agree more.. noriko? i dunno her real name.. can't someone guide me.. she's a singer right?

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2007, 07:18:31 AM »
Battle royale 2 was so corny at some parts, especially with the teacher ._.

Offline iachu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2007, 05:10:37 PM »
BR was great, one of my favourite movies in recent years. :)

I just wish they hadn't made the sequel, really disappointing..........:(

inokade

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
BR was too bloody for me, I read the preview of their manga, it feels like it's Final Destination but more bloodier xD

Offline lopkiu

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2007, 02:16:26 AM »
I love the first one, just the idea alone was insane.
The second one they messed up the story, instead of fighting each other it become a war movie

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2007, 05:41:06 PM »
I went to go see Dead Silence at the movies yesterday, and during the previews there was a Battle Royale-esque remake/spinoff.

It was called, "The Condemned" I think. But instead of having teenagers kill teenagers, they made it so that it was 10 convicted criminals/killers sent to an island and they all had to fight to the death.

It was televised for people to watch, and whoever was left standing at the end was the winner and got to be set free. They had the various weapons and the exploding collars, except this time I think it was like belts or something... whatever-- they looked like those house arrest things, just not on your ankle.

Anyway, I was like 'Shit why'd they change it? I'd love to see a welldone remake of the original. One that didn't change so much of the characters around.' Buuuut I'll probably end up seeing it anyway because of Stone Cold Steve Austin. :heart: :heart: :heart:

This also means that now if they do try to make a movie more faithful to the original, that unknowledgable asshats will just be all like 'Wtf ever, The Condemned came out first, this is just another more cruel spin-off & blahblahblahshit.' :(

Offline nkcac

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2007, 05:02:42 AM »
the first one was pretty good, i loved it and then when i saw the second one....well i regretted it. lol but still battle royale must be like one of my favorites ever

Offline mu

Re: The Battle Royale Thread (may contain spoilers)
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2007, 01:40:52 AM »
I remember reading soon after BR2 was released that Kinji Fukusaku only managed to direct one scene before he died and his son Kenta took over, but that Kenta wouldn't say which scene it was.

Does anyone know if the mystery has since been solved?

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2007, 07:51:27 AM »
I like BR1 not because it's bloody but the film has HOT japanese girls JK. I haven't seen BR2 and no plan of buying one coz there's lot of negative reviews about it.
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 02:51:40 AM »
i have watched br1 and br2.... and  i think.. br1 is better than its sequel..... yeahh... maybe it's because the idea for the first is still fresh.

Offline Marks Spencer

• Member+
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2007, 09:32:41 AM »
Just watched the first movie and you guys were right! Super movie with lots of nice touches and strong cast especially the teacher.

Offline C60533

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2007, 03:40:27 AM »
^true.. true.. i can't agree more.. noriko? i dunno her real name.. can't someone guide me.. she's a singer right?
Her real name is Aki Maeda. Her sister was the central girl in the second movie, Ai Maeda.

Just watched the first movie and you guys were right! Super movie with lots of nice touches and strong cast especially the teacher.
"Beat Takeshi" really did do a good job as the teacher, didn't he? And then there's Kou Shibasaki and Chiaki Kuriyama. But I think one of the reasons the first one was better was because most characters had some sort of background material which the actors could work with and portray their characters better whereas the second one was just go and kill.

Offline vergil83

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2007, 07:59:16 AM »
Just watched the movie today. BR1 got me hooked so I expected BR2 to be even better but it didn't live up to expectations. It's sad that they screwed the sequel up.  :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »
Wasn't there talk of a Hollywood remake? (NO! NO! GO AWAY HOLLYWOOD!!)

BR still remains one of the coolest movies I've seen. Never watched BR2 and don't intend to. It's the same with The Godfather III.

Offline needextrasalt

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2007, 07:41:25 AM »
battle royale rocks!!  one of the best movies out there

speaking of the hollywood remake..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814023/

i hope they don't make it..  it's a classic already
~miyaaaaaaaaaa~

Offline fsw

• Power Master
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Oh! Miwaaaaaaaa!
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »
speaking of the hollywood remake..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :angry:

Is nothing sacred?

Offline wonkey_eye

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »
When I first watched battle royal, I was thinking it was messed up cause their age in the movie, But I think its a great movie! Im not sure for BR 2 because I watched that with no subs, I didnt understand much  :-\

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cruyff In The Bedroom - Sunflowers Bloom In Dark