JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - I Not Crazy Am You Are

Author Topic: (Group) Brand-New Idol Society [BiS]  (Read 88652 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: (Group) Brand-New Idol Society [BiS]
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
their first single have this controversial PV

:shocked:

After Shura kept pimping them I decided to DL their My Ixxx single.

I have hugely mixed feelings about this group...
- My Ixxx is pretty cool. Nice tempo, mixed with some melodic guitar passages.
- Magnolia is one of the worst songs I have ever heard  :lol:
- Animal is one of the most epic idol songs I have ever heard. That solo wouldn't be out of place in many established metal bands. ...Despite the corny Beethoven part, haha. After the solo you get some intense keyboards as well. It's a really interesting mix.
- Split Brain Syndrome is pretty standard and somewhat similar to the first track.

Overall I dig their sound. For an idol unit everything is pretty up tempo and at times even pretty heavy and dramatic. I'll be keeping an eye on them for sure. They offer something different than the other idol groups out there.

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »
you might like this

http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=43590
http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=43589

check it out o/

I do indeed. ^^
I've been meaning to create a Hello!Online account for some time now and this is just the excuse I needed. :P

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
i think BiS is now oficially looking for new members... not only the website header is suspicious enough but i found this link at the left side
http://www.tsubasa-ent.co.jp/audition/

then i found confirmation info at H!O
http://www.musicnet.co.jp/whatsin/news/8471

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 03:18:20 PM »
Oh so they are going for an open audition. I thought they might hand pick a girl by talking to some agencies but then again this is a better way to do it.

Having listened to both the album and My Ixxx single, they have some room for improvement, that's for sure, but both are pretty solid.
Thanks again for the Hello!Online links, Shura.  :)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 05:35:01 AM »
whoa mang shura these girls are so hardcore like some kinda video game epic intro

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
girls are doing auditions for new members and are broadcasting live at ustream  http://ustre.am/uTMC/1  ... well actually the caera is just focused on Yuu and the sound is muted so you can see anything else than her (which isn't bad at all sine she is a pretty girl) so maybe not the most interesting stream ever

Offline PASSPO

• PASSPO Lover :D
  • Member+
  • I love PASSPO! :D
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 09:29:17 AM »
I was disappointed that they turned off the microphone when the audition started, but at least they spent a good 20 minutes or so talking to fans on ustream.  :)

The manager tweeted that one of the autionees is a newhalf, I hope she gets in! Someone tweeted Yufu, "I thought boys aren't allowed to audition?" and Yufu replied, "Newhalfs are OK (*^^*)"

Offline PASSPO

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 04:07:38 AM »
BiS just uploaded a PV that they shot a couple of weeks ago for their new song 'Idol'.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 04:32:56 AM »
^ WTF!!!!

also is that a short version or is actually that short?

Offline PASSPO

• Member+
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 04:40:00 AM »
^ No idea since they never said and neither does the details for the video..

I really hope this is just a 1 time thing lol. The song and music video are obviously making fun of idols so I'm hoping their next releases won't be anything like this.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:08 AM »
word, is like a big joke but i just hope they don't over do this and release it as a single or some shit lol... but you know, i listened twice already and they tried hard to make it sound as the most cliche idols song ever, even the PV with the dance and all the stuff going on... obviously they did it for the lolz but also no doubt they worked it hard

Offline nanachan

• just low ordinary otaku
  • Member+
  • loli never die
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »
IMO...
when I saw first...
I just feel something wrong about this PV...
It's just not like BiS that I know...
LOL

for all, it's nice, and sweet
but still, not like BiS that I know...

actually...
can someone tell me about this news...?
http://smash.music.yahoo.co.jp/top/20120314-00000001-exp/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+co%2FMvUL+%28JPMC+Yahoo!%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF+-+%E6%96%B0%E7%9D%80%E9%9F%B3%E6%A5%BD%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%29

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
Yeah, I doubt it will be a single though I wouldn't rule out it being a b-side or a bonus album track.

It kind of makes you wonder if this is the direction Yukiko was against.

Edit:
New release scheduled for April 11th.

Quote from: @BiSidol
【拡散希望】BiSちゃん、HMVさん限定ワンコインシングル発売決定!4月11日発売!!生産数限定だから、早めに予約しといたほうがいいかもですよ!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:00:06 PM by spec8 »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2012, 06:04:39 AM »
yeah but i checked with @tenkei and is exclusive for HMV so not a single but more a let's make some profit with this practical joke

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
Oh ok, but then I guess this will become sort of like a collector's item for BiS fans. :P

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:49 AM »

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
It's probably already been posted elsewhere, but just to put on the record here:  Pour Lui's first solo indie PV, 2010:

And a few links to historical comments about the early days on BiS:

International Wota
Stars in the Blue Sky (I don't think Part 2 was ever written?)
ANTENNA★POP

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:36 AM »
not sure about where they did this but info says it was a niconico douga event... wonder if they alreadydecided the new member lol

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 04:48:51 PM »
Quote from: TokyoHive
The girls of the unique idol group BiS (‘Brand-new idol Society‘) have celebrated their 1st anniversary since their CD debut with an extra-long concert at LOFT/PLUS ONE in Shinjuku, Tokyo.

Since their CD debut in March 2011, the girls have provided us with a rather different concept for an idol group as well as some great tracks, which even earned them invitations to various rock festivals. They also already went through many shaping events – such as losing a member, gaining a member, their infamous ‘nude’ PV, their surprise attack against fellow idol group Momoiro Clover Z, and many more. BiS are also starring in the movie “Idol is Dead“.

The concert began with a toast from leader Pour Lui, who thanked their fans and said, “Thanks to everyone who came here today. One year. We’ve come this far only because of you guys.”

BiS then went on to challenge one of their longest set lists to date with live performances of a total of 27 songs, including many of their already well-known songs as well as many rare tunes. Additionally to the sold-out venue, the concert was also streamed live on Nico Nico Namahousou, where over 30,000 people watched the girls online. However, at the end of the concert, the happy anniversary mood was abruptly dampened by the sudden announcement of their manager Watanabe Junnosuke (Tsubasa Records).

The girls see off their manager in BiS style.

He appeared on stage before the last song and announced that he’s going to be resigning as their manger and creative director with the release of their new single “IDOL” (limited to HMV only) on April 11th. Watanabe has been the mastermind behind their unique concepts since their formation. He was in tears when he announced his decision in front of the fans. This decision probably has to do with group’s reorganization towards a more ‘normal’ concept with the release of “IDOL”, since he mentioned that people will understand it after watching the PV.

After this announcement, the girls finally performed “IDOL” in typical idol costumes, which still has yet to sink in with some of their fans.

At the end of the concert, the girls commented that they are sad about Watanabe’s announcement, but at the same time they reassured their fans that this won’t be the end of BiS and asked them to continue with their support. On their blog they wrote, “All we can do is move forward and we hope you’ll watch over us on the way.”

On April 15th, the group will be holding another concert to celebrate the release of “IDOL”, and also announce their new member.
Source:TokyoHive

Quite interesting news. Losing their manager and supposedly changing their way towards a more mainstream idol concept. It was inevitable, I guess, but then again I reiterate that maybe this is the reason Yukiko left.

Also, new member announced  on April 15th.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
i still don't consider "IDOL" as a real single but more like a practica ljoke... at least i hope is somehting like that and they return to their previous concept that is more rockish... guess isn't too mainstream but yeah i like it more.

also what about momoiro clover surprise attack? last thing i knew is they went to perform in the waiting line for that group concert but not sure what "surprise attack" means

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - I Not Crazy Am You Are