JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Ugly

Author Topic: Your Strength (a very short story)  (Read 3554 times)

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
Your Strength (a very short story)
« on: May 06, 2007, 02:49:17 PM »
Your Strength

I know that I'm older than you.  Regardless, I look up to you in some ways.  You have this power to do the things you want to do.  You never let the strain show on your face. You always go forward with a certain confidence that not many people can muster.  Even at your lowest, even when you don't feel powerful and you just want to give up, you don't.  You trudge along and hide your pain, your discomfort, your sadness, and your insecurities behind a hard face or a joke.  Maybe some sensible words.  You've been a solid rock since the beginning, always there for everyone.

Even now as I'm preparing to talk to you, I know you're feeling something weak in your heart.  Something that makes you want to cry out of happiness and gratitude. The good kind of tears.  Something that makes you want to cry because you're afraid.  The not so good kind of tears. 

But you give me a pleasant smile, maybe a mental squeeze of the shoulder, and you let me approach you without showing that you want to break down and show that soft part in you.

Remember: you're not going to cry.  You said so.

I don't cry.  It's simply something I don't do for public or for show.  But part of me wants to as I stand in front of you and prepare to do something that I know has been inevitable since day one.  That part of me is afraid.  Afraid of what I have to become.  Afraid of what shoes I have to fill.

But I'm not going to admit that to anyone.  Not even to you.  You already know, but it goes unspoken between us because that's the kind of friends we are.

I'm a bit sad because we are losing one of the ways we can connect.  However, I'm not losing your friendship, so there's no point in crying over that.

Instead of all that mushy, gushy stuff that I don't buy into, I'm going to look up to you, match that happy, confident face that is hiding the same kind of fear I feel, and I'm going to speak to you like I would on any day of the week as you hold that giant bouquet of flowers that I gave you minutes before.

You give me the strength to do that.  I hope that I've learned enough from you to continue this legacy.

I'll miss you here, but I'll be seeing you around.

"Congratulations on your graduation, Yocchan."

I can never replace you as leader, but I'll do the best job I can while keeping you and your strength in mind.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:51:49 PM by OTN1 »

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
Re: Your Strength (a very short story)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
I would have thought there would have been also some bit of jealousy from Miki about getting a solo career before her.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:11:14 AM »
That was nice. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline haidokun

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 02:52:03 AM »
 :luvluv2: sweet.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:48:34 PM »
Aww, so sweet! ;D

Offline MyDearYossi

• みきよし
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Daisuki da yo~
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 04:53:07 PM »
I just keep reading this over and over again xD

Love it :luvluv2:

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »
ahh nice... :hee:(can't think of anything else to say it was... :luvluv2:  :shy2:...no words to describe it..)

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 08:00:58 AM »
...I seriously should watch my hand everytime I move my mouse when typing my comments because I always ended up closing my browser window and have to write everything again T_T.

I thought that this will be Aya/Miki like you always write, but then I read it and went.. "Yes.. Miki, but the one she talks about is not Aya?!" :D

Very nice as always :), perfect Miki emotion you wrote there, makes me kind of sad though :|.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Ugly