JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - ICHI TSUBU NO EGAO DE

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 480433 times)

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 11:25:57 PM »
Quote from: ~Dan~
Japanese version only, but it's real easy to use.  No passwords, but unless the "anal-retentive ISP" is Japanese they're not gonna have a clue where to find the prog needed to rejoin them.  It is kinda obvious that it's a split file though and someone determined enough could use a hex editor to see what's inside.
can you hook a brother up?  i gonna test this then. i'd prefer to use love machine but it ain't the easiest program to work with if you don't know the language.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 12:13:08 AM »
http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GGPOVH98F58R35KZO30X4S352
It's so easy to use.  There's only 4 buttons, one at the top and 3 at the bottom.  The button at the top is to load a file.  Of the 3 buttons at the bottom, the one on the far left brings up a help page (in Japanese), the button at the far right is exit program, the button in the middle joins or splits the files.

To turn a file into a set of jpg's
Click the top button and load the file, enter the size in K, and click the bottom middle button.

To extract a file from a set of jpg's
Load any of the files, it doesnt have to be the first one. (Filenames don't matter, it can find all the parts whatever the filenames as long as they're all in the same folder).
Click the button.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 05:09:10 AM »
Quote from: ~Dan~
http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GGPOVH98F58R35KZO30X4S352
It's so easy to use.

gonna try it out, thanks man.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 06:56:34 AM »
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ParserFunctions

Okay, so I'm trying to install that. All fine and dandy, but once i put

Code: [Select]
require_once( "$IP/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php" );

into LocalSettings.php, I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setfunctionhook() in /mounted-storage/home11/sub001/sc16774-IMKN/www/wiki/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php on line 54

when I visit the wiki page.

That makes me think it's a glitch in the code, but if so it wouldn't work for anyone else either. Which is not the case. Any suggestions? :(

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »
Quote from: Maliciel
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setfunctionhook() in /mounted-storage/home11/sub001/sc16774-IMKN/www/wiki/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php on line 54

did you some how modify ParserFunctions.php when you uploaded it?  there is no setfunctionhook() defined in the version of ParserFunctions.php that i downloaded, only setFunctionHook()

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »
I didn't modify it at all. I checked the ParserFunctions.php on my HDD, and it had setFunctionHook() as well. I'll try dling from my server to see if its the same thing.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 04:23:13 AM »
I'm making another OPV, and I have a question about de-interlacing. Do I de-interlace the video when I rip it from the DVD, or do I wait and then de-interlace when the OPV is all finished?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Tech-related problems
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 04:58:35 AM »
It all depends on the software you're using to make it.
I made mine with Cyberlink PowerDirector and found it quite good cause you can import any file format with any size res and it deinterlaces the mpeg2's if they are interlaced all by itself.
So yeah what software where you planning to use?

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 05:12:28 AM »
I'm using Sony Vegas 6.0.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 12:45:51 PM »
Quote from: Yoake.no.Senshi
I'm making another OPV, and I have a question about de-interlacing. Do I de-interlace the video when I rip it from the DVD, or do I wait and then de-interlace when the OPV is all finished?
Did you ever get around at fixing the aspect ration/interlace problems with 'Positive Genki'?

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 04:50:29 AM »
Yeah, I did. Also, I forgot to ask about the aspect ratio before. To keep the aspect ratio without stretching the video, should I crop the video when I rip it or do it in Vegas?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 11:45:44 PM by arun.yothin »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Tech-related problems
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 07:58:59 AM »
I've never used Vegas so I'm not sure how well it handles video.
I guess you could try doing one small video clip in Vegas first and if it doesn't work out then use virtualdub to process the video and get all the clips to the right resolution and ratio before importing them to Vegas.
The only problem is if you use virtualdub to process the video you'll want to save the output files with a lossless codec (eg. huffyuv) or you'll lose too much quality in your final video. But then again using a lossless codec means the file is pretty big so you'll need LOTS of room free on your hdd to collect all the clips that you want ready to put them into Vegas.

So basically if you can, try to do everything in Vegas so your final output video is the best quality it can possibly be.

Sorry if I'm slow replying to stuff I've just moved house and I only have dialup while I wait for my adsl to be connected. :(

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 03:37:46 PM »
Surely after you've finished editing and making the video in Vegas you have to save the finished product, yes?  At this stage I'd expect it to allow you to choose the encoding properties such as aspect ratio and bitrate?

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »
hey any one know how to edit .ts files?  i don't necessarily want to convert them, just want to cut out the parts i don't want, thanks ^^

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »
Quote from: ohbahsan
hey any one know how to edit .ts files?  i don't necessarily want to convert them, just want to cut out the parts i don't want, thanks ^^
VideoRedo, HDTVtoMPEG2 (never used them myself).
ProjectX (have used it to convert at times, until I discovert that my SC200 can play them directly.

doom9.org might have some more info.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 08:51:52 AM »
I think this is a simple question:

Well, I downloaded this concert which was separated into 3 RAR files(actually 6, but 3 for one file and 3 for another). How do extract them so I can get one video file? If that makes any sense.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 08:57:42 AM by Anghellic1 »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2006, 12:41:45 PM »
^ not really making any sense :)

But when the file-names are correct winrar should see that they are related and extract the contents by using all parts.

correct filenames include:

filename.r00
filename.r01
filename.rar

Double click the .rar to extract.

filename.part1.rar
filename.part2.rar
filename.part3.rar

Double click the part1.rar to extact

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2006, 03:40:49 PM »
And if you don't have winrar... http://download.oldversion.com/winrar300.exe

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 07:02:30 AM »
I'm trying to rip some of my CDs to my computer, but I'm having trouble. MY avex CDs (Astromantic, HAL, etc, the ones that use the Midbar Tech player). So far, I've tried Audiograbber, Exact Audio Copy, iTunes, and some other program I tried but forget the name of. They could rip the song, but there would be little buzzes and other weird noises. Anyone know a program that will let me rip the songs at 320 kbps without getting the noises?

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Tech-related problems
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 07:07:14 AM »
Umm, so I'm using the subtitle workshop to do some editing job right. And when I clicked one of the .srt file. It wont play with the video playing. I dont know why. To test if it works or not. I tried it again with a gal circle .srt file and the video played with it. But it wont work on the other .srt file even though I have the .avi video file with it.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - ICHI TSUBU NO EGAO DE