JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tomiko Van - message

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 486720 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1400 on: May 22, 2016, 08:53:20 PM »
Can anyone tell, what kind of career Shirai, former JyuJyu, is doing currently? I don't get it. She seems to be some kind of model, does frequent talking(?) events at Shinjuku Loft, but that can't be all. She does have her own official website even: sheislie.com.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1401 on: May 22, 2016, 10:00:23 PM »
Oh and apparently PPP! PiXiON have finally added new members so now they are six.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1402 on: May 22, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
The BBC have picked up the stabbing story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36352495

Wonder if it's made it's way round a lot of the international news outlets now.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1403 on: May 23, 2016, 07:44:07 AM »
For Japan Expo in Paris another Idol Group is confirmed, that won the Tokyo Candoll competition: YUIGADOGUSON. I have no idea who that is.  :?

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1404 on: May 23, 2016, 10:03:35 AM »
I recall getting a flyer from them at Tokyo Idol Festival last year but haven't seen them live yet.

Kind of surprising since I would have picked Stella Beats or even Death Rabbits to be the favorites.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1405 on: May 23, 2016, 11:56:13 AM »
Makes me wonder how those results come about. I assume the voting is not only done by popularity, which would make the whole competition worthless. I wonder about the jury criterias...

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1406 on: May 23, 2016, 12:44:56 PM »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1407 on: May 23, 2016, 01:07:20 PM »
Makes me wonder how those results come about. I assume the voting is not only done by popularity, which would make the whole competition worthless. I wonder about the jury criterias...

Last year each round of the competition was show of hands from the crowd at the venue, until the final, which had a show of hands element, but also some judges, which didn't pick the most popular groups from the show of hands contest, hence last time Luce Twinkle Wink won...

Out of the groups in the final this time I would have preferred Death Rabbits, but listening to the couple songs posted here by the winning group, their songs sound quite fun in the cutesy idol way, and I can see why they were picked to go to Paris.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1408 on: May 23, 2016, 02:43:49 PM »
I agree with your (supposedly) opinion, that groups like Lolisyn back then or Necronomidol now have no chance to begin with. It is not what the organiser want to see.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1409 on: May 23, 2016, 05:44:33 PM »
At least it won't be as bad as whoever the Welcome to Japan people pick? They picked the wrong Baseball Girls last year! Never seen Orange Port but they seem to be popular in France for some reason. Why not pick Color Pointe? I've never seen them either but, I like their uniqueness.

I can agree with Riorio or Iketeru Hearts (fka Stand-Up Hearts) if they get picked to go again because both are awesome. Mashiro having left for DEEP GIRL kind of hurts them though.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1410 on: May 23, 2016, 05:47:03 PM »
^ Babyraids are going, though, which is pretty awesome IMO. If only Hyper Japan this year wasn't dead, wish they could just steal the acts going to Japan Expo.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1411 on: May 23, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »
Do you know, how Tsuzuki Kana was able to attend Japan Expo last year? That was a great decision. She also did relaxed meet&greets, not the organised one you had to apply for.  :yep:  :heart:

True on the Baseball Girls. Nevet heard of them again. I failed to see RioRio, as her shows were always scheduled with others.
Stand-Up Hearts as they were called back then were nice, but the stages they had to appear much too small. Orange Port and Pink Babies seemed to have attracted quite a lot people. Can not tell why, but they did the regular events, like Dempagumi and Luce Twinkle Wink.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1413 on: May 28, 2016, 01:42:13 AM »
^ I read elsewhere the girl may have lost one or both eyes.. I hope that is not true.

Offline Serafis_CZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • serapiscz
« Reply #1414 on: May 28, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »
Hope not.

Quite interesting article is on Tokyo Girls Update:
http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/mayu-tomita-incident-20160591454.html

Yet I seriously don't get why is that Japanese anti-stalking law is written in such impractical manner. Why would you have to specify every single form of stalking. It should be sufficient to simply mention major examples and add something like "or in similar manner". It would be functional and more less independent on technical details and when it can work like that in other countries it should be possible in Japan right. Their legal system is not that much different. There shouldn't be need to include every possible way of communication. I mean next time they might amend it to include stalking via carrier pigeons.

But maybe it is actually convenient to have such law. Police can make excuses when journalist start writing that they have done basically nothing about it (once again).

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1415 on: May 29, 2016, 01:07:18 AM »
The guy has a history of abnormal and deranged behavior and he wrecked that poor girl's life. I know he's young but I honestly hope he'll stay in jail for the rest of his life. It's disheartening to see how defenseless she really was. I hope Japan's stalking laws will change.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1416 on: May 29, 2016, 03:23:55 AM »
Utterly sad situation.

Prayers for Mayu Tomita and her family.

Hope this leads to the laws being improved,
so that incidents like this can be prevented.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1417 on: May 29, 2016, 07:30:30 AM »

unsettling

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1418 on: May 29, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »

Offline iamcrazymike