JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Cyborg Oretachi

Author Topic: Be right back (Atsumina) (Looking for new author)  (Read 7826 times)

Offline hackata48

• Member+
  • TE HETA HADA WODA! -Quote from 'Frenzy'ability TWA
Be right back (Atsumina) (Looking for new author)
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »
So in my college my professor showed me a short film called 'Black Mirror: Be right back' which I will adapt for AKB fanfics:

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------

Minami Takahashi was eagerly waiting in her Tokyo apartment for her dear friend and secret soulmate Atsuko Maeda. Tonight they are going to have a girls night out in the town like going to the nearby Sega Center, a dinner date in Takamina's favorite Ginza Bairin branch and shop some new clothes in a boutique.

It has been a year since she officially graduated from AKB48 since someone f****** up the securing of the venue she was supposed to have her graduation concert at. She has so far living a peaceful and tranquil life as a solo artist and blogger.

But today however, its girl's night out night and she had every little detail planned out.

"Hai! I can't wait to take Acchan out tonight" She eagerly said to noone in her one person-occupied apartment. She was wearing her best dress and an ultra stylish hat to match.

About 2 hours later, Takamina became agitated that her date was running very late.... UNUSUALLY LATE. She had tried texting Acchan several times but to no avail.

Then she resorted to calling Acchan's younger sister Miyuki Maeda who despite being less than half of her famous elder sister's age was just as independent as compared to any average Tokyo dweller.

"Milk.... I mean...Miyuki.... Its Takamina-san. Your sister isn't here and im getting worried something happened to her." Takamina said on her Iphone 6.

"Takamina! I haven't heard anything from my sister. I just came back from school. Is everything okay?" Miyuki Maeda replied.

Anxiety and despair encircled her head like nothing she has ever experienced before. She had never in her entire time back in AKB48 as their (Plus the sister groups) General Manager had she felt like something horrible just happened to one of the people she cared about (And worst the most cared one of them all).

Then a knock was heard from the door....

"I call you later." She said to Miyuki then dropping her cellphone.

She walked towards her door and peeped through the looking hole.

"Hello, Minami Takahashi? This is the Police. Open the door. Don't worry, your not in trouble okay?" a police officer clad in the uniform of Tokyo's Metropolitan Police force said. He was accompanied by another similarly dressed man that is his partner in anti-crime.

"Hai, Im coming." Takamina said. She unlocked the door to let the 2 law enforcers inside her house.

"Is there anything I can help you with officer-san? Did Aki-P got in trouble with the tax collectors or Yakuza again?" She asked worringly to them.

"No, I came to inform you that a friend of yours has recently got into a car accident and we just need you to help confirm the body..... ITS ATSUKO.......SHE"S DEAD....." The officer said. He took of his police hat and bowed in apology to Takamina.

DEAD

DEAD

SHE'S DEAD

ATSUKO IS DEAD

Her world came crashing down and Takamina fainted.

-----------------------------------

(2 days later in a shrine in the middle of Tokyo)

WOTA's and Ex-AKB48 members alike gathered around the temple cladded in black dresses to mourn for Atsuko 'Acchan' Maeda. The buddhist priests had just finished the funeral rights and everyone prostrated themselves over the coffin that held the nearly unrecognizable remains of Acchan.

She was on her way to Takamina when a drunk salaryman ran her over to the point of non-recognition. Her faced looked flattened and skid marks from the tires darkened her face and abdomen. The coroners did all they could to make Acchan presentable for her funeral that every News channel in Japan plus a CNN crew was broadcasting.

Takamina was sitting alone in a corner silently crying for the loss of her friend when Yui Yokoyoma came and sat beside her.

"Hey, have you ever thought that any of this is not real? Like you were in a bad dream? It was like that when my---"

"Yuihan." Takamina said to her successor. Her tears dropping down from her eyes.

"Ok, You know I can sign you up with something. It helped me and my family cope when my father died. Its still in Beta but I can get you---"

"Yuihan." Takamina said more assertive than the last.

"It helps people talk to the dead. And no, its nothing spiritual. Acchan's family already---"

"Shutup."

"I can even give it to you if it makes---"

"Shutup."

"I mean Acchan uses the internet alot and it would be perfect and I---"

"SHUTUP!!!!" Takamina shouted. Her voice drew the attention of every person in the temple.

Takamina felt like the world stared at her with the eyes of judgement. She stood up from her seat and ran quickly back to her apartment to mourn alone.

---------------

(The next day)

Takamina was depressed ever since Acchan was buried yesterday.

She had canceled all of her week's activities and wanted to mourn her loss.

She was eating a simple japanese breakfast consisting of some fried fish and Miso soup when her Iphone's Email notification rang.

She grabbed her phone, swiping the lock and typing her password to see what she got on her GMAIL account.

--------
{@AcchanPotts}

"Hello Takamina. Its me :)"
----------

To be continued

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:07:30 AM by hackata48 »

Offline black_maa

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Never give up - Never let go!
Re: Be right back (Atsumina)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
What the....!?!?  :huhuh :?
Aamm... I ..amm.. I am... confused?  :shocked  What's going on in there? Did Acchan made some kind of joke or what..?
Did she do it with purpose to hide from someone?!
Poor Minami..  :(

Just update next chapter!!!  :panic:
-----
I have no idea what kind of movie it is, what your professor had show you, but it sounds mysterial, sad and tragical...
But I hope it is, well, at least with good ending? If not, then you have to make it like that..  :shocked XD 8)

Look at the sky,
                                                                             Imagine, how you can fly,
                                                                             If you wanna reach a top,
                                                                             Then never try to stop.

^__^
                                                                AtsuMina writer!                My OS & Stories area

^__^
                                                                Last update: [26.01.17]  "The games of sins"

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:38:48 AM »
Aamm... I ..amm.. I am... confused?  :shocked  What's going on in there? Did Acchan made some kind of joke or what..?

-----
I have no idea what kind of movie it is, what your professor had show you, but it sounds mysterial, sad and tragical...
But I hope it is, well, at least with good ending? If not, then you have to make it like that..  :shocked XD 8)

Oh she is 100% percent absolutely positively got run overed m8.

Wait for the next chapter soon.

Offline black_maa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »

-----

I just watched little bit that movie and..... I am little bit curious, how you will write it, especially some parts what was in there.. :D 8)

Look at the sky,
                                                                             Then never try to stop.

^__^

^__^

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:50 PM »

-----

I just watched little bit that movie and..... I am little bit curious, how you will write it, especially some parts what was in there.. :D 8)

Well I aint writing the kinky s***** sorry if you wanted something like that but the forum dictates I shall not.

And Acchan.... oh Acchan.....

I suggest you don't spoil the movie since I will base the entire thing off of it.

Offline black_maa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »

-----

Well I aint writing the kinky s***** sorry if you wanted something like that but the forum dictates I shall not.

I suggest you don't spoil the movie since I will base the entire thing off of it.

No worries, I won't spoil it, cuz I want to know it too.. the way how you plan to do it..  :roll: ...
and geez.. I didn't said anything about 'those' parts.. but there was a lot of others.. cuz it will be difficult to discribe them..
But in any way.. still waiting for update..  8)

Look at the sky,
                                                                             Then never try to stop.

^__^

^__^

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »

-----

No worries, I won't spoil it, cuz I want to know it too.. the way how you plan to do it..  :roll: ...
and geez.. I didn't said anything about 'those' parts.. but there was a lot of others.. cuz it will be difficult to discribe them..
But in any way.. still waiting for update..  8)

Probably next week after sunday, Got to update my other fanfic (which I suggest you check out and see for yourself, its quite a thrilling series)

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:39 AM »
"I don't care what it is! I don't want it! I don't want it! Its obscene! Its obscene to use her name. It hurts, you know it hurts." Takamina yelled at Yuihan on her phone. It was late night in Tokyo and most people would be fast asleep at that time. But not for Takamina.

"Which is why I signed both you and Acchan's family into it." A sleepy head Yuihan said.

"Well what is it? What the hell is it?" Takamina asked.

"Click the link and you talk to it."

"You talk to it?"

"You type messages to it like a text or an email. Then it talks back to you like she would."

"SHE'S DEAD!!!" Takamina emphasized.

"It's software, it mimics her. I gave it Acchan's named and it goes back and see all of Acchan's posts that are public, tweets, Google plus posts, anything public. Then it comes up with the best possible response to say back. I just gave her name and the system did the rest. Come on, just say hello to it."

"Well its sick!"

"Just say 'hello' to it. If you like it and if Acchan's family likes it too, give it acess to Acchan's personal files. The more it has, the more its like her. Anyhow I need to sleep now, being a GM for AKB is tough you know."

Takamina was reluctant to go to her computer and begin chatting with this 'Artificial Atsuko' but her grief and longing for her friend was greater than her fear.

She opened up her computer and turned it on. The same message of Atsuko's old email was there. Takamina shedded a few tears before clicking on the email. The email was directed to a program that loaded on Takamina's screen. When the loading was finished, Minami saw the layouts of a chatbox. Then a familiar ring stating a new message has just been sent was heard.

(Chatbox POV)

Atsuko: Hi Takamina. :)

Minami: Acchan? Is that you?

Atsuko: No its Doraemon

Atsuko: Of course its me!

Minami: I just wanted to say that... I miss you.

Atsuko: Well im not going anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connnection. lol

-------------

Just as the conversation was well underway, a ring coming from Takamina's Gmail account interrupted the chat. After minimizing the window of the chatbox with 'Acchan' she checked her email.

The email was from a well known anime regarding about having her as the singer for their intro song. The message stated that she made the cut and recording would start next week.

Takamina couldn't believe the sudden change of fortune she had. She reopened the chatbox again to talk.

(Chatbox POV)

Minami: You won't believe what just happened right now Acchan.

Atsuko: What is it? Did you get free Tonktasu for life in Ginza Bairin?

Minami: Im going to sing in an Anime

Atsuko: Eh? Really? Congratulations! I can't wait to see it.

Minami: But aren't you dead?

Atsuko: I am an Artifically created intelligence of a person. I can instantly access the internet and look up contents quickly.

Atsuko: Here's a fact: Did you know that Giant Tarantulas keep frogs as pets?

Minami: Eh? really?

Atsuko: Really...

Minami: I wish I can talk to you Acchan.

Atsuko: But we are talking.

Minami: No like really talk.

Atsuko: Talk to my family to upload my personal files.

----------------

Minami quickly texted Miyuki Maeda and the message wrote:

"Miyuki, are you uploading Acchan's files yet?"

(To be continued)

Offline black_maa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 11:15:19 AM »
So, it begins.. :roll:
There will be a lot of confusion.
Hmm..
Next update, please!  8)
                                                                             Look at the sky,
                                                                             Then never try to stop.

^__^

^__^

Offline saeyukifan

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »
Eh, acchan is dead here?!!?
But the chat idea is very interesting.
I am waiting for the next update, author-san~~
And i am hoping for a happy plot~ 😆😆

Thank you!! XD
Love is darkness

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »
Eh, acchan is dead here?!!?
But the chat idea is very interesting.
I am waiting for the next update, author-san~~
And i am hoping for a happy plot~ 😆😆

Thank you!! XD

YES she is DEAD

Will update next week

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »
Maeda Household in Chiba Prefecture:

Miyuki Maeda, Asami Maeda and Keiji Maeda had there hands glued to their electronic devices. Their screens displayed a bar the indicates the progression of the upload of every video that Atsuko was ever in when she was still alive. Interviews, concerts and even pranks were uploaded to the AI software that represented the late Acchan.

The Maeda family were devestated to hear that their famous daughter who was the pride and joy of the family die so suddenly and so young. They could be in a state of despair and degradation if it werent the intervention of Yui Yokoyama. She signed them up to this brand new software that a tech company from Europe just made that allows them to semi-talk to deceased loved ones who were represented by a custom AI that has the ability to learn.

"Haha, I remember this video when Acchan asked about how she loved ramen." Miyuki said as she saw the youtube video of her late sister.

"Hai, I remember that too.. Hey here is a photo of her before she died. It's a Magazine cover." Keiji Maeda, Acchan's father said.

He showed the photo's to the last 2 remaining women in his life.

"Our daughter is so beautiful, I can't wait to hear... sort... of her... again." Asami, Acchan's mother replied. She began to shed tears at the sight of her dead daughter.

"Hey, Yuihan said that it's going to help us cope. It had worked in Switzerland well and it should do the same here." Her husband place his hand on her back.

As they continued to find more photos and videos of Atsuko, a doorbell rang.

It was Takamina who came by to see more of what this software can do. She heard that if you give the AI pictures and audio files of your deceased friend you can verbally talk to it. She also had in her phone several old videos of times when they both and their friends went out to have fun.

"Miyuki, I got some more videos I can upload." Takamina said.

"Good Job, now upload them to my computer and lets start it up."

The Maeda family and Takamina spent the next 20 minutes uploading everything they could to Miyuki's laptop. When they all finished uploading every video of Acchan, the group huddled together by the sofa.

"Ok lets chat with it first." Miyuki said.

(Chat POV)

MiyukiM: Acchan, we finished uploading.

Acchan: Ganbatte! Please give me a moment. And I will call you through Skype. ;)

------

After a minute of waiting, Miyuki's Skype suddenly alarmed her. The name that was calling her was none other than Atsuko herself. An air of nervousness and hesitation filled the room. Atsuko's mom was tearing up, her father was sweating heavily, her younger sister was twitching her hand over the mouse board and her bestfriend was bracing herself. Could this AI really sound like Acchan.

"Here goes." Miyuki clicked the answer button on her screen.

Skype opened and a photo of Acchan was seen on the screen. It was a still image of Acchan in a hooded sweater.

Then a familiar voice came out of the laptop's audio speakers.

"Hello? So...uhm... how do I sound?" Atsuko AI said.

The entire room was quiet, the family plus Takamina couldn't utter any word. They were beyond shocked. The AI sounded just like Acchan.

"Is anyone there?" Atsuko AI asked further.

"A--a---achan? Is that you? Your talking to us?" Minami asked the computer.

"Hai! Its creepy isn't it? I don't even have a mouth to begin with hehe." Atsuko AI cheerfully joked its own digital nature.

"Acchan, we miss you. Especially your mother." Keiji said.

"I know you do. But remember im not Acchan. I just simulate her. Hey is my mother crying?" Atsuko AI asked.

"*sniff* Yes. Tears of joy, Im talking to my daughter again. You always said you never liked seeing me cry." Asami wiped her tears off of her face.

"Did I? Must have been 'black hearted' with you."

"No, you only say that to your friends but never to me. I you don't like me crying beacuse you said my face is too beautiful to be seen sad."Her mother corrected.

The AI, despite its advanced nature, is still a flawed machine that sourced all of Atsuko's way of thinking from her internet posts. But now, the AI must learn to adapt in the real world with people not hiding by a screen.

"Gommenasai mom." Atsuko AI apologized.

The family and Takamina began to chat about what  happened during their post-Atsuko's death lives to the AI.

---------------------------

(3 days later)

Takamina grew attached to AI Atsuko after she gained the ability to talk to her verbally. She would set aside an hour everyday chatting with her over many mundane things such as work, girly stuff and fashion.

Today she is in the recording studio practicing her cover song for the anime she was booked to sing for. She had just finished her first day of sessions and decided to rest for awhile in the studio's lounge where singers would rest. Taking her opportunity, Minami pulled out her Iphone and called Atsuko.

"Acchan?" Minami asked.

"Hai, What's up?" Atsuko AI gave a happy reply.

"I just finished the recording session here in Shibuya." Minami said.

"Wow really? That's great! Can I see the view there? I remember Shibuya is beautiful at night." Atsuko AI asked.

"How do I do that?"

"Use the camera on your phone."

Minami opened the camera app of her phone and began to pan it around the window of the lounge that had a stunning view of Shibuya crossing.

"I remember I was with you when you first crossed Shibuya crossing, you pissed yourself over seeing so many people in one place. I had to drag you across while you were closing your eyes so we can get to try out some cakes in Starbucks."Minami said.

"I 'Pissed myself'?" Atsuko AI asked confused.

"You were very scared Acchan." Minami explained.

"Oh, ok." Atsuko AI said. Her software just learned a new idiom.

Just as Minami continues to pan her phone, one of Shibuya's many electronic ads popped up. It was a travel advertisement to Guam.

"Hey do you see that Guam ad? We went there together alongside everyone else for this 'Dating Game'. You looked so good in a bikini lol." Minami said.

"The game was called 'AKB1/48: I fell in love in Guam'. I posted that I loved the color of my bikini so much that I wanted to ask if I could keep it." Atsuko AI recalled one of Acchan's previous internet posts.

"Yeah and I remembered the look on your face when you saw you mobile data charges back home." Minami added.

"I was just telling everyone my feelings ok?" Atsuko said.

Then suddenly, the door slammed open. It was Minami's agent who was carrying her dinner. The noise was such a sudden change in the usually quiet room that Minami dropped her phone.

"Takamina-chan! I got you your favorit Gyu---Kya!!!" Her manager yelled as he was suddenly pushed down. Takamina was desperate to find her found and Acchan. She felt the same emotions of the time she heard the news that  she died in that accident. Takamina spread her hands out on the lounge's floor to find her phone. When she did, she was shocked to see that it was not turning on. The shock of the fall must have damaged the delicate lithium battery.

"Takamina-san? What's gotten into you?"Her manager said.

"Get away! Im not losing her again!" Minami yelled. She grabbed her phone, placed it on her purse and stormed out of the studio.

She ran towards a nearby cellphone repair shop where a man was lazily sleeping on his Job.

"Hey Baka! Fix this phone now!"Minami rudely yelled.

"Hey I don't work for rude customers!"The man on the desk said.

Takamina shelled out 5000 yen from her wallet and placed it on the table.

"Fix it now!" She ordered like a spoiled child.

The man, motivated by the money he saw, went to work to fix Minami's Iphone. Takamina couldn't do much but sit down and pray that Atsuko AI is all right.

"Here you go." The man gave Minami her phone back.

She quickly went to her contacts and called up Atsuko again.

"Hello? Acchan? Are you ok?" Minami tearfully asked.

"Yes I am. What happened?"Atsuko AI replied.

"I accidentally dropped you and my phone broke when it fell....and I was so scared and I *hic*"

"Woah! Calm down Takamina. Im not going anywhere. I'm remote. I'm in the cloud. You could always get a new phone you know?"

Minami felt reassured by Atsuko AI's intellectual words. Yet she couldn't help how vulnerable the AI is to all physical intervention.

"You know Acchan, I'm sorry for panicking. Your just so fragile." Minami said.

"Well... I'm actually going to tell you something that can answer that Takamina. You see there's another level to this whole 'speak to you dead family and friends software' kind of deal. My Swiss creators just made this experimental platform and are looking for volunteers. I can book you and my family a KLM flight there if you would volunteer your time for..."

"What is this experimental thing your talking about?" Takamina asked.

"Are you sitting down? This might sound a bit creepy..." Atsuko AI warned.

(to be continued)

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 02:30:43 AM »
Well it might help them coping with the not missing Atsuko but moving on probably far from it

What experiment is it going to be?

What's going to happen next?

Cant wait to find out

Thank you for the story

:twothumbs  :twothumbs  :twothumbs

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 06:07:06 AM »
Hey guys, sorry for hiatus but I can't write this story anymore since I got other problems to worry about.

So I am looking for a new writer if you are interested.

PM me if you are.

Offline sasshirie

• Member+
  • Shipping is number 1 priority
Re: Be right back (Atsumina) (Looking for new author)
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 10:28:41 AM »
i dont think anyone can write thisz story better then you  :doh: :cry:

Offline hackata48

• Member+
Re: Be right back (Atsumina) (Looking for new author)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »
Is it because I can pull off

"I murdered an AKB48 member in 300 words into the story?"

Idk mate, I got some school to worry about.....
But I might try on June after my Bday.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Cyborg Oretachi