JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 536701 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #1980 on: October 05, 2012, 05:08:02 AM »
Le boo-urns. :(

NHL announces cancellation of 2012-13 regular season schedule through October 24
Thursday, 10.04.2012 / 2:00 PM / News
NHL.com

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through October 24. A total of 82 regular-season games were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Oct. 24.

The cancellation was necessary because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=642785

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1981 on: October 16, 2012, 07:56:44 PM »
NHL proposes 50-50 revenue split to NHLPA - Proposal made in hopes to salvage full 82-game season
The Canadian Press
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 1:04 PM ET
Last Updated: Oct 16, 2012 1:23 PM ET

The NHL has presented a new offer to the players that it hopes will end the lockout and allow for a full 82-game season.

League commissioner Gary Bettman says the long-term deal will split revenues with players 50-50 across the board and takes steps to guarantee the players will get full value from their existing deals.

Bettman says under the deal the season would start Nov. 2 and each team would have one additional game every five weeks in order to get a full season in.

Bettman says the proposal is now in the hands of the NHL Players' Association. The union has requested time to look the proposal over.

The current lockout is just over a month old.

The season was to start Oct. 11, but the two sides were not able to come to an agreement before then and the first 82 games of the schedule were scrapped.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/10/16/sp-nhl-gary-bettman-donald-fehr-labour-stoppage.html?ref=fh,www.mywinnipeg.com

Le hope, she possibly returns?
:on cny2:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1982 on: October 19, 2012, 04:13:42 AM »
Le hope, she possibly returns?
:on cny2:
Well, from what today's news reports have been saying about the meetings that were held today.....she did not.
:(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1983 on: October 23, 2012, 06:59:43 AM »
Seeing this kinda puts things in perspective, and just goes to show what's REALLY important in life, no matter what the owners and players association say.

Man pleads for end to NHL lockout so he can watch game with dying dad
CHRIS PURDY
LEDUC, Alta. — The Canadian Press
Published Monday, Oct. 22 2012, 6:32 PM EDT | Last updated Monday, Oct. 22 2012, 6:40 PM EDT

As John Dick was flying from Australia to Alberta to be with his dying father, he decided that they would spend the next few awful, idle weeks in hospital watching hockey on TV.

They would make wagers on games and rekindle fond memories of a young boy and his dad cuddled together on the couch together as they hooted and hollered at the Edmonton Oilers.

“I was gonna rely on hockey for keeping his mind off of this horrible thing that’s happening inside of his body,” Mr. Dick recalled Monday.

The plan changed shortly after Mr. Dick got home to Leduc, a city just south of Edmonton. The NHL locked out its players and recently cancelled all games through Nov. 1.

He explained that his dad, who is suffering from terminal throat cancer, is on morphine and other medications that often make him forget about the lockout.

Most nights, while sitting in a small hospital room, Mr. Dick has to remind his father why they can’t turn on the game.

“He’s stuck watching the Kardashians ‘cause there’s no NHL.”

Fed up with the lockout, the 31-year-old budding filmmaker decided to make a video pleading with the National Hockey League and its players to get the season started for his dad and other disheartened fans.

The video, titled “NHL Lockout Kills Dreams,” has been viewed about 50,000 times since it was posted on YouTube last Thursday. In the video, Mr. Dick’s father, 58-year-old Bruce, is shown lying in bed in his hospital gown and hooked up to whirring machines.

His son talks about how watching hockey used to give them both inspiration and comfort.

“How do I feel about the situation in the NHL?” Mr. Dick asks in the video. “I hope that the doctors and nurses that keep my dad alive get a raise and that you guys get your asses back on the ice before it’s too late.

“Remember what we play this game for.”

Mr. Dick said he and his father are surprised by the video’s popularity and the touching comments some viewers have posted. During his daily visits, Dick reads the responses to his dad.

“He gets pretty teary-eyed over it. I don’t think he expected people would care.”

One person recently posted: “Brings back so many painful memories as it reminds me being at the hospital at my mom’s bedside as she was dying of cancer too. I hope your dad will stick around to see the lockout end.”

Mr. Dick said that’s his wish as well – watching one last game with his dad before he dies.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/man-pleads-on-youtube-for-end-to-nhl-lockout-so-he-can-watch-game-with-dying-dad/article4629719/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1984 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:37 AM »
Shit just got real.

NHL announces cancellation of 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic & SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League today announced the cancellation of the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic. The game was scheduled for Jan. 1 between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich. In addition, the League announced all SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival events scheduled for Dec. 16-31 at Comerica Park in Detroit are cancelled.

The next NHL Winter Classic – featuring the Red Wings and Maple Leafs - and Hockeytown Winter Festival will take place at the University of Michigan and Comerica Park, respectively. Those who have purchased tickets for the 2012-13 events can either receive refunds or maintain their tickets for the future events. Ticket refund information for the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic and SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival can be found at: nhl.com/winterclassicrefund.

The cancellation was necessary because, given the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL, the League was not in a position to do all that is necessary to adequately stage events of this magnitude. This year's Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic and the companion SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival called for the construction of major outdoor rink facilities at both Comerica Park and 'The Big House'. Multiple games involving teams from the NHL, NCAA, American Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, high school and local minor hockey leagues were scheduled, requiring travel and hotel commitments.  Beyond the construction of two major outdoor rink facilities, the combined events were preparing to welcome nearly 400,000 guests to Detroit and Ann Arbor over the holiday period.

"The logistical demands for staging events of this magnitude made today's decision unavoidable. We simply are out of time," said NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly. "We are extremely disappointed, for our fans and for all those affected, to have to cancel the Winter Classic and Hockeytown Winter Festival events."

"We look forward to bringing the next Winter Classic and the Hockeytown Winter Festival to Michigan," Daly added.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=644824&cmpid=twt

:doh:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1985 on: November 20, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »
Leafs fan spends $5,300 to buy favourite team's dressing room toilet at auction
Monday, 11.19.2012 / 7:05 PM / News | The Canadian Press

TORONTO - An Ontario lawyer is now the proud owner of a toilet from the Toronto Maple Leafs' former dressing room.

Jim Vigmond, of Barrie, Ont., bought the unusual item for $5,300 at auction after the piece he really wanted — the 1967 Stanley Cup banner — got too expensive.

The toilet was offered up along with more than 100 items from Maple Leaf Gardens, which was home to the NHL team until 1999.

Fifty-five-year-old Vigmond says his friends were skeptical about the purchase.

But the long-time Leafs fan says the item was just too good to pass up.

Vigmond says he was actually willing to spend up to $10,000 on the throne.

"They thought I had money to burn, and surely there was something that I could have better spent my money on," he said.

"They've got a point. But ... it's a part of an icon. I just thought ... what a rare piece and just think of all of the people that have spent time contemplating in that dressing room what lies ahead of them."

Vigmond plans on putting the toilet in his sports memorabilia room, where he wants to sit on it, light up a Cuban cigar, open a bottle of 30-year-old single malt, and hopefully, watch a Leafs game sometime soon. (CFRB)
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=645842

You know you're dealing with a devoted fan when he wants to buy the team's pooping chair. :lol:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1986 on: December 05, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
FUCK ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!! get the season back assholes. Get those douchebags bettman and fehr OUTTA THERE!! I'm tired of hearing Justin Schultz tearing up the AHL when Hall Ebz RNH should be hoisting THE CUP!!!!!!"! I WILL FAIL THE STRUGGLE TO SEE NHL AGAIN!!!!!!! :fap :tama-mad:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1987 on: December 15, 2012, 03:27:44 AM »
NHLPA eyes breakup; NHL fires back

NEW YORK -- The NHL Players' Association moved one step closer to disbanding the union with a preliminary vote toward disclaiming interest, and the NHL fired back with a pre-emptive strike of its own as the two sides appear to be headed for what could be a nasty court battle.

Upon learning the NHLPA's executive board voted Thursday night potentially to dissolve the union, the NHL filed a class-action complaint in federal court as well as a Unfair Labor Practice Charge with the National Labor Relations Board.

A source confirmed to ESPN.com that the union's executive board voted unanimously Thursday night to authorize a vote among the union's membership at-large. The membership's vote would determine if the executive board could vote on whether to file a disclaimer of interest. A disclaimer of interest is a quicker, less formal way of dissolving the union, as opposed to decertification, which can take months.

Although that does not mean the vote necessarily will take place, it provides the players the option to gauge whether their membership feels the need to vote to dissolve the union. The vote is expected to take place in the near future.

In the United States, antitrust laws prohibit owners from locking out employees who don't belong to a union, with the punishment triple the wages lost during the lockout. As long as the NHL players continue to negotiate under executive director Donald Fehr as part of the NHLPA, they don't receive that protection.

But if they're no longer a union through decertification, that changes the dynamics of the entire lockout. Then, they can file antitrust lawsuits, targeting the wallets of their owners.

The NHL did not remain idle as the NHLPA debated the move, filing both a class-action complaint in federal court and an Unfair Labor Practice Charge with the National Labor Relations Board.

The league's filing with the federal court in New York City is an attempt to affirm the legality of the lockout, an issue players are sure to challenge.

The NHLPA already challenged the legality of the lockout in two Canadian provinces. Both requests for an injunction against the work stoppage were denied, although a hearing before the Quebec Labour Relations Board has yet to be adjudicated. A hearing that was supposed to take place last week was postponed because of the ongoing negotiations.

According to the Unfair Labor Practice Charge filing, obtained by ESPNNewYork.com, the NHL alleges the NHLPA's threat to disclaim interest as an "obvious bargaining tactic given the ongoing negotiations and the lack of progress toward a resolution." The filing further characterizes the potential action as a "ploy," an "unlawful subversion" of the collective bargaining process and a "perversion" of the NLRB procedure.

The filing contends that "the union will not be defunct or otherwise irrevocably removed from the decades-long NHL/NHLPA collective bargaining relationship," thereby violating Section 8 (b) (3) of the National Labor Relations Act.

According to the document, the NHLPA's executive board has until Jan. 2, 2013, to disclaim interest.

The union replied to the league's lawsuit in a release, saying: "The NHLPA has just received a copy of the National Labor Relations Board charge and has not yet been served with the lawsuit.  However, based on what we've learned so far, the NHL appears to be arguing that players should be stopped from even considering their right to decide whether or not to be represented by a union. We believe that their position is completely without merit."

An email went out to players explaining what the process would entail, a source told ESPNNewYork.com, although it did not spell out any immediate action on an imminent vote.

The NHL and NHLPA held a conference call Friday on which they discussed transition rules and compliance issues.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly declined to comment on the league's actions Friday. Players' association special counsel Steve Fehr, meanwhile, declined to comment on the lawsuits or to confirm the union's plans regarding a so-called disclaimer of interest.

Fehr, who took part in the conference call earlier Friday, said the league didn't make its legal plans known during its discussions.

The two sides have no further meetings scheduled. The league and union tried federal mediation to re-ignite negotiations earlier this week, but those sessions yielded nothing in the way of progress.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/8747518/nhlpa-makes-preliminary-move-break-union

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1988 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »
In today's edition of the local paper, there was an article where one of the guys had previously asked local hockey fans to send Twitter messages about what they missed the most about not having hockey.

Best response, IMO, comes from this dude right here:
:yep:
https://twitter.com/gojetsgo1984/status/279643349399519232

The full article can be found/read here: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/its-cold-out-and-we-just-wanna-watch-some-nhl-action-already-183614251.html

EDIT -
One of the more funny replies from the article:
Kevin Sigmundson@KevinSig
Do you know how many TV shows there are about women being mean to other women trying to buy a dress? I do now.
:lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1989 on: December 28, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »

Really shouldn't watch highlight videos cuz it's only gonna make me miss NHL even more :panic:

Offline ischym

• ecchi
« Reply #1990 on: December 30, 2012, 06:07:28 PM »
On the plus side, my team's still undefeated. And all the teams I don't like have yet to win a game!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up with the latest NHL offer, but they're just too damned close to lose the whole season over the remaining issues... Let's wrap this up, please!

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1991 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:36 AM »
Read somewhere that losing the whole season is not an option to NHL bigwigs. I hate to get anyones hopes up but I need my hopes up even if they're most likely gonna be dropped. All I wanted for Christmas this year was the NHL.. it's not too late XD

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1992 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:35 AM »
On the plus side, my team's still undefeated. And all the teams I don't like have yet to win a game!
That's actually a great way to look at it. :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1993 on: January 06, 2013, 07:03:23 AM »
unpack your foam fingers and jock straps!!! NHL IS BACK!!!!!!!

[/inb4eklundKypreosDreger]

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1994 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »
Best news to wake up to. I'm on cloud nine right now :twothumbs
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:32:45 AM by Forthisgift »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1995 on: January 06, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
Not to be a downer, but keep in mind that this deal is still only a TENTATIVE one, which means that it still needs to be ratified/voted on/approved by both the owners and players.  In all of today's news reports, both Bettman and Fehr said that "a lot of 'I's' need to be dotted and 'T's' need to be crossed" in this deal." That means that it may still not be approved by one or both sides, which means this deal may still be canceled and flushed down the shitter, which would mean we'd be back to square one.............AGAIN.

So yeah...not trying to be a wet blanket here, but after getting my hopes up previously, only to have them crushed a few days later, I'm going to wait until they announce that both sides have ratified the deal beofre I start celebrating.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1996 on: January 07, 2013, 01:05:35 AM »
Allow me to remove all doubt. My dad grew up with the TV announcer for the New York Islanders, Howie Rose (he was with the Rangers also and did the famous "Matteau! Matteau! Stephane Matteau!" call in the '94 Eastern Conference finals), and they keep in contact and so forth. He was even featured during an Islanders game for being a big deal on the schoolyard as Steve "eggman" Levine playing hockey with the Mullen Brothers and yada yada. You can find him on YouTube if I remember. Nvm, tried looking for it and it's gone. This all did wonders for his already stupid big ego.. anyhow, Howie says the season is a go and he was told to get his affairs in order for the season to start and the 19th is most likely going to be the start date.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:11:37 AM by Forthisgift »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1997 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »
SHIT!! can that is so fuckin DOPE Forthisgift!! I know that call OH SO WELL. what does he think of Charles Wang fucking shit up? XD How about LUBO ain't gonna touch The Island with a ten foot dildoe.

So yeah...not trying to be a wet blanket here

Awwww is JFC stwill bwuuuurned fwom Evander Kane's massive BAG move?? :lol:

lol I read there's like bad tipping shit too. The fuck is up with the Jets? Buff can't drive a boat proper. At least there's Mark Scheifele tearing it up in the World Jrs.

POSITIVE, BROTHER!! I am so confident that NHL is gonna ratify Dat SHIT, I'll go naked in the streets of Calgary wearing only an Oilers Octane tattoo.

FINALLY!! Get shit done, who cares about CBA I wanna talk about Line Combos. Defensive Pairings. playing so much NHL 09 simulation IT HURTS!!

And if you down with some FANTASY. get the APP. play the game. The login is the same, how does Sunday Draft feel? Gimme a time. I'll be there...AFTER the NFL playoff games lol

Yahoo Fantasy HOCKEY!! JPHiPHL 2012

League ID: 9279
Password: rika

Because the first 3 weeks of the NHL season were canceled, your league's start date has been changed from Thursday, Oct 11 to Thursday, Nov 1. XD

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/jphiphl

YOUR STANLEY CUP PICKS. Give it to me!!  :jphip: I gotta feeling the Oilers gonna squeak into the playoffs. Everyone gonna be on dat high and it'll be just enough in this shortened season. START FAST. LETS GO.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1998 on: January 09, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »
^
I actually think we overpaid for Kane when we re-signed him last year. It's like, yeah he's producing/scoring and all, but his play just hasn't been consistent/dominant enough (as is being expected of him) to justify the deal he was given. But yeah, whatever.

At any rate, the next few days are important, as we're going to see whether or not both the owners and players vote to ratify/approve the new CBA.
NHL BOARD OF GOVERNORS EXPECTED TO RATIFY CBA IN NEW YORK
TSN.CA STAFF | 1/9/2013 9:39:33 AM

After months of waiting, the NHL will take an important step towards finally dropping the puck on the 2012-13 season today.

The NHL Board of Governors meets today in New York, where it is expected they will ratify a new collective bargaining agreement.

Watch live coverage of the Board of Governors news conference today at 4pm et/1pm pt on TSN and TSN.ca or listen live on TSN Radio.

The league and the players' association tentatively agreed to a new CBA early Sunday morning after a marathon 16-hour negotiation session.

The framework has been laid for a 10-year deal, pending ratification by the Board of Governors and the NHL Players' Association. Should both sides approve the deal it would pave the way for training camps to open up on Sunday with an expected Jan. 19 start to a 48-game regular season.

The Players' Association will hold its ratification vote on Thursday and Friday.

The lockout - which lasted 119 days and saw the cancellation of 625 regular season games - was the third NHL work stoppage in the last two decades.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413131

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1999 on: January 09, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
LMFAO Brian Burke got fired!! Our lame ass radio station just interrupted Jim Rome for the presser WHAT TO DO NOW HOCKEY CENTRAL :tama-mad: they must be owned by TSN. Srsly Jason Strudwick show is the only best thing on there. He can get Smid in studio and talk shit about Europeans and they skinny jeans XD

Lol what IS up with the Jets? Pvalelic got a DUI too? They the Detroit Lions of the NHL :P

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku