JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Play Ur Love

Author Topic: [Poll] Best Solo Photobook of 2011  (Read 3859 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Poll] Best Solo Photobook of 2011
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:03:02 PM »
Like last year, the number of solo photobook releases has been disappointing.
I even included Mariko Magazine to get some more options.
Luckily, the ones we got were pretty awesome!

Which was your favorite PB? Why? Post your favorite pages!  XD

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:41:23 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [Poll] Best Solo Photobook of 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »
Mayu for sure, with Kojima and Fujie close behind.

Offline cielly

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
Mayu and Yuko for sure~  :inlove:

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
Well, my vote isn't entirely fair since the only PB's I've seen in full are Kojiharu's, Mayuyu's and Yuko's.  The other 3 I've seen a few pages online but not the whole things.

But, my favourite is Mayuyu's.  I really liked Yuko's, and she is my favourite AKB girl, but Mayuyu's PB just felt better.  There are the fair amount of sexy pics, but there are also some really nice pics too.  I think they had a really nice balance of photo's and they showed how beautiful Mayuyu's is.

But my favourte pics is where she is just wearing a white shirt and standing looking at the camera.  I'd post a pic but I don't have the PB on my computer.

Offline Scatterbrain

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 02:12:17 AM »
I will analize them thoroughly and them I'll give a proper response. But I think I will choose the Mayuyu's PB. I don't really know why haha
Idols, idols everywhere >.<

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
Let's review!

Kojima Haruna - “Onna no Ko no Kamisama”

I liked this one a lot better than her first PB. It really shows of her strengths. First of all, the promo pic was really sexy:

and inside the book we got a lot of boobs, some really nice back shots and even some lip pics  XD
It's a solid PB, which any Kojiharu fan will enjoy.

Watanabe Mayu - “Mayuyu”

We saw the cover and BIGGU SHOCKU. Our precious Mayu, seemingly naked. And then there was the description:

Filled with many photos in which she runs, gets tired, eats, gets puzzeled, and laughs in a town.

How can anybody not want that.

It is a pretty strange PB. For one, there seem to be a lot of feet pics, which makes it even creepier  :lol:
I think this pic is the most shocking in the PB:

Even more so than the cover, because it combines something private (i.e. topless girl) with something common and pure (school girl outfit).

Lots of bikini stuff, and even some pics with a much more mature vibe. There are also a lot of Mayu smiles and even some Alpaca. And ass. I guess it's another case of playing your strengths... even though Mayu has many. The 'reversed jacket' seems to be a fan favorite:

A really risky PB that has made more impact than any other AKB48 ever.

Oshima Yuko – “Yuko”

I'm not a diehard Yuko fan and my Japanese isn't all that, so I could care less about tons of interviews. However, the Okinawa shoot was really nice. Yuko oozes confidence and that gives her a really mature and sexy vibe. You can tell she enjoyed doing that topless shoots. I think Yuko fan can dig this PB, but if you're simply in it for artsy/sexy/cute pics of some girl you might wanna look elsewhere.

Fujie Reina – “Reina”

I was just pimping her epic IV in the other poll, but I cannot say the same about her PB. It's a good PB, no doubt about that, but it's just that the IV was so much better. I can't help but think this PB could've been of that same level. I don't even know why it isn't... maybe the outfits? Needed different settings? Fujie needs more variety in her expressions?

There are no proper scans of her PB, but these Digital Picture Sets (4x) should give an idea what it's like. Lots of bikini. She looks silky smooth, so I can't complain about that.

In the end, I think I preferred the DVD because it showed Fujie in more of a girlfriend setting, rather than just showing her in bikini on the beach all the time. Still, looking at a beautiful and cute girl walking around on the beach is not a bad way to spend your time.

Shinoda Mariko – “Mariko Magazine”

I'm not into Mariko, nor into fashion, but this magazine is pretty awesome. Lots of variety, cool outfits, some funny stuff, bit of trivia. TomoCawaii better up its game to compete with MarikoMagazine!

In sum, it is REALLY hard to objectively decide which is the best PB. I'm inclined to vote for Mayuyu, but it is so close to what I find morally acceptable  :nervous So much innuendo in that PB. In that sense, I prefer Kojima's PB because it is much closer to what she's normally like. On the other hand, Mayuyu could get bonus points for going outside the box and adding a bit of shock value, which only works because it is Mayu. One might even go as far as stating Mayuyu is social commentary on the darker sides of idols (obsessed fans, U15 stuff, lolicons, etc. etc.).

Anyway, only three 'real' PBs this years, but they all have their strengths  :thumbup
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:58:44 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Scatterbrain

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »
Even if I can't make such a good analysis as BarrieV did, I would like to say that I prefer Mayuyu's photobook.

Mayuyu is my oshi, so it is based on that, but I also choose it because it have lots of different pictures and it's really bright and all that. I like the different haircuts also.

Idols, idols everywhere >.<

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:50:41 PM »
YUKO-SAMA (YES, I'm biased here. But at the same time, I liked hers a lot, so it's fair  :wub: )
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »
can't choose between Yuko and haruna photobook...eventually, i voted for yuko..

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Play Ur Love