JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Kiss (Dara feat. CL)

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137345 times)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2007, 02:08:23 AM »
Lucky i'm on the same side of the world as Australia :D

I doubt Alonso would have done any better than Fisichella because i don't see much speed in the Renault this year though i agree their handling has always been good.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #381 on: March 19, 2007, 05:15:36 AM »
Replays FTW! :w00t:

That's bloody amazing that Hamilton made podium in his debut race. Major props to him! :yep:

Man, it's weird not seeing Raikkonen wearing white/black and not seeing Alonso wearing blue. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:25:56 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #382 on: March 19, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »
The problem with replays here is they are not on till much later, and I always end up hearing the result on some news program :evil: at least if I record it I can watch it as soon as I get up.

What's even weirder than not seeing Alonso in blue is seeing the god awful colour/s the Renault is now. A few random tins of paint thrown at the car...shudder.

Offline thehell

Official Racing Thread
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »
I view F1 on ESPN and StarSport

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »
it's good to be in asia, although it would've been better if i'd be able to watch f1 live, althought i'd probably hate the heat.  I believe kimi made a great career move, he'll be more menacing than ever, although i miss the schumacher days, kimi + schumacher would've made a great team.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #385 on: April 01, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »
Man, when's the next race? I gotta get used to waking up early on Sundays (even though I really would prefer not to).

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2007, 05:23:03 AM »
This weekend in Malaysia! I hope I can get the TV I ordered on time...

As you might know there was a small leak in Raikkonen's engine cooling system, and now they are not sure if it has damaged the engine or not. Ferrari is thinking whether or not they should change the engine (and get -10 to qualify-position).

Changing the engine and getting Raikkonen to the backrow would be nice for the race... Lot of overtaking at least :)
coot is ctz

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #387 on: April 02, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
-10 is not that bad comparing to a retirement. so i say yeah make him qualify 1-3rd and the push him back to 11-13th, that way at least he can still finish in the points, if lucky even a podium finish and a newer engine compared to the rest on the field.

AND YAY i get to go to Sepang this year. Though it's just some lousy hill stand (this area is located @ the hairpin curve before the long straight thru the grandstand) at least i get to go since almost 3 seasons of missing it.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #388 on: April 02, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
Lucky you! Watching a Formula 1 race IRL is on my future todo-list :)

I hope they're still racing when I have enough money... And it just becomes more and more expensive when they're relocating most of the races outside Europe.

coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #389 on: April 02, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »
Ferrari is thinking whether or not they should change the engine (and get -10 to qualify-position).

Changing the engine and getting Raikkonen to the backrow would be nice for the race... Lot of overtaking at least :)
It's Raikkonen after all. 10 places is nothing for him. If they do change the engine, he'll probably be back up in the top three within the first 15 laps. :D

AND YAY i get to go to Sepang this year. Though it's just some lousy hill stand (this area is located @ the hairpin curve before the long straight thru the grandstand) at least i get to go since almost 3 seasons of missing it.
Damn you're lucky. The only F1 races I could potentially go to are Montreal or Indianapolis, and both of them occur during the school year, so I can't exactly go. :(

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2007, 07:29:23 AM »
Hope ferrari wins at malaysia again!  and i hope they fix that leak, sure win is better than doing lots of overtaking, it increases the risks of someone taking you out of the race.  wish i could watch the malaysian race, wonder how much a ticket costs?

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2007, 10:23:54 AM »
Hope ferrari wins at malaysia again!  and i hope they fix that leak, sure win is better than doing lots of overtaking, it increases the risks of someone taking you out of the race.

But isn't it kinda boring to win like Raikkonen did in Australia... I prefer watching wins where they have to actually do something for it... Actually that's why I hope Ferrari wouldn't be that dominant as it seemed to be, even I am a Raikkonen fan.

But we've seen many times how some teams become better at the midway of the season, like Mclaren in 2005 and Ferrari in 2006.
coot is ctz

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #392 on: April 04, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »
It may seem boring but its really important that Ferrari takes a head way right at the start as they have an advantage of a superior car right now. The sport is really competitive now and the other teams (esp Mclaren) will catch up real soon on technology (even with a engine freeze). In fact i would go on to say that its bad luck that Massa had to suffer in the previous race and that it should really have been a Ferrari 1-2 in Melbourne (all hopes on Malaysia!!!). Get the lead and then let the fun begin!!!
   Though i agree its weird seeing Kimi in red and quite rightly the new Renault looks awful.

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #393 on: April 04, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »
Won't be boring next year :D

F1 bans traction control for 2008

No car may be equipped with a system or device which is capable of preventing the driven wheels from spinning under power or of compensating for excessive throttle demand by the driver.

Damn good idea, lots of power slides out of corners, and great for the starts!

Yea, race weekend soon, can't wait. Hope we get a Raikkonen/Massa/Hamilton/Alonso 4 way this time. Be good to see Massa in the mix.

Also

GO McLAREN, and GO HAMILTON, show these Ferrari boys  ;D

Speaking of Ferraris :confused: :confused: :confused: why :confused:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:38:52 PM by ggliff »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #394 on: April 05, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »
No more traction control??? Hello burnouts at the start of the races! ;D

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
« Reply #395 on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
no traction control?  that's really bad news for teams like renault who rocket off the line, not so bad news for ferrari though, considering they have engine power. ;D

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2007, 01:05:14 PM »
Banning traction control is really good news... Originally it was allowed just because it was impossible to supervise. Bringing more skill factor to F1 is only a good thing.

I hope they change the point system for the next year as well...
coot is ctz

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
Bringing more skill factor to F1 is only a good thing.

Yes, have to agree, more driver input less technology.

Well, top 4 cars in top 4 places for the race, should be really good. Nice quali from Massa, but Alonso did well splitting the Ferraris. Reanault not good again, really missing Alonso I think.

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #398 on: April 07, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »
Won't be boring next year :D

Damn good idea, lots of power slides out of corners, and great for the starts!

Yea, race weekend soon, can't wait. Hope we get a Raikkonen/Massa/Hamilton/Alonso 4 way this time. Be good to see Massa in the mix.

Quite agree with you on traction control. Though u can also expect a lot of first few laps to go under the safety car!!!! As to the second part i dont think McLarens have the chance with Ferrari. But with no real challenger in sight apart from them, i guess its the race between these two teams only.
Good qualifying! Though with Alonso on the front row things can get a bit tricky for the Ferraris! I hope Kimi stays well throughout the race. But the best in the qualifyings was Rosberg. Amazing drive he had. Though not a rookie any more but he is the guy to watch for ....... after Hamilton (man he took the fire from Alonso in the last race and that was worth seeing!!!!).
Cant wait to be racing tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2007, 10:02:50 PM »
Malaysian GP was quite interesting :)

Massa ...... lol?
The 2 races so far are proof that Massa cannot be competitive under pressure. He needs to calm down and take a few lessons on braking and overtaking. Where's Schumacher when you need him?  ;D

Someone needs to show Massa the proper way to dive inside to overtake. Schumacher-style.
[youtube=425,350]7UcGBHzXRpI[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 10:05:42 PM by amuse »
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Kiss (Dara feat. CL)