JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Straight Up

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 136353 times)

Offline jlk

• Reina Fanboy
  • ecchi
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #440 on: May 14, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »
another quality race by Massa!  if he can keep this up he'll have a great season, so far ferrari hasn't had good drive from both drivers simultaneously, one of them always gets badluck, anyways, i feel that massa's skills complement his driving, he's good at qualifying, and that's the good thing, because he's not very good at overtaking, it's good that he stayed in front of alonso.

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #441 on: May 17, 2007, 12:43:13 PM »
A little late (was out of town) but......
Massa was outstanding. In fact ever since the Bahrain GP has come into existance, it has been seen that who ever has won the GP, has gone on to become the World Champ and also the Constructors. It has been Alonso for last 2 years (sadly!)....... but now lets hope the omen is true as the guy is really shining. But yes Ferrari needs reliability if it plans to have more podiums.
But you have to give it to Hamilton. Its amazing how he is performing. A Rookie is now leading the Championship..... has done four GP races in his life and has podium finishes in ALL the four. AND he is leading without winning a single race!!!!!

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »
Ohhhh, so close to pole Lewis :D Nice come back from Masa, and again, such bad luck/bad driving from kimi, Ferraris a bit off the pace looks like.

Just need Lewis to make one of his storming starts tomorrow!

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Nice to see the two McLarens fight it out! But really unhappy about Ferrari. Am getting the jitters before the race. May the mclarens crash into each other!!!!
Kimi should turn it around with a loaded fuel tank. The sad part is overtaking is down to zero in this track.
I have my fingers crossed !!!!!!

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2007, 04:26:39 PM »
snoooore..what...is the 'race' over

Well done McLaren..can't think of anything else :(

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #445 on: May 29, 2007, 05:43:26 AM »
snoooore..what...is the 'race' over

Well done McLaren..can't think of anything else :(

Couldnt have put it better. By far the worst race of the season for Ferrari.
Have to get the luck to turn around now. About time!

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #446 on: May 29, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »
I read that Hamilton was kinda furious on his team radio. And he should be... It's so ironic how McLaren's and Ferrari's roles have been so turn over this season. Although Hamilton doesn't seem to obey his second-driver-role so well as Massa did last season for Schumi.

I really hope they let them fight on track... And Hamilton will own Alonso :)
coot is ctz

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #447 on: May 30, 2007, 01:27:40 AM »
Hamilton should just take it easy. If he's good, (and he proved it already after 5 races) he'll get his 1st place finish soon.

No point arguing to be the team's 1st driver and spoiling the mood of the camp.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #448 on: May 30, 2007, 09:34:27 AM »
Hamilton should just take it easy. If he's good, (and he proved it already after 5 races) he'll get his 1st place finish soon.

No point arguing to be the team's 1st driver and spoiling the mood of the camp.

If he doesn't wanna be the 2nd driver he should argue. Hamilton does want to win more than one race after Alonso has already won the championship and to get more wins he should challenge Alonso for real even it means spoiling "the mood".
coot is ctz

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2007, 05:46:35 AM »

If he doesn't wanna be the 2nd driver he should argue. Hamilton does want to win more than one race after Alonso has already won the championship and to get more wins he should challenge Alonso for real even it means spoiling "the mood".

Quite right you are! THe whole media has been harping that Lewis is better than Alonso...... till now at least. With the points at even or close to even before the previous race i think he had every right to be furious and it was right on FIA's part to question Mc Larens. Frankly i agree with McLarens on strategy..... any team would have taken that call but i too couldnt help but note the irony of role reversals Ferraris & McLarens have been having- Ferraris with inconsistency & bad luck and McLarens with domination & contervarsies!!!
Quite interesting but sadly am a Ferrai supporter. Hopefully the American continent shall bring some luck to them!!!
Am out for the next two races and will miss posting here. See you soon guys!

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2007, 08:52:29 AM »
I have to return to this "mood" thing... I think it's always better if there's little hate between rivals. Schumacher's battles against Hill, Villeneuve or Montoya were great, because not only on track, but also off track there was always this drama going on. For example, Schumacher and Hakkinen had great racing against each other, but Hakkinen was always so kind and nice that there wasn't really actual hate and rivalry between them.

And when it's inside the team, it's even better! Think about Prost and Senna driving at McLaren together. Actually I wouldn't mind if Alonso-Hamilton would start something similar. Hate might be a little tough word, but in the end Senna and Prost were friends, as soon as either one had quit racing.
coot is ctz

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2007, 09:12:54 AM »

And when it's inside the team, it's even better! Think about Prost and Senna driving at McLaren together. Actually I wouldn't mind if Alonso-Hamilton would start something similar. Hate might be a little tough word, but in the end Senna and Prost were friends, as soon as either one had quit racing.
Couldnt resist replying seeing your comment. Once again in all agreement! Its a competitive sport and being at the pinnacle of motorsport, the competitiveness only enhances! So rivalary & bitterness is quite natural esp if the drivers of the same team are at par. Its all across the board, dont even need to trouble Prost for that every current team has that competition. But what i give credit to these guys is after the race, the second finisher not only congratutales the winner but hugs him & is even laughing with him.... IMMEDIATELY after the race! I sometimes wonder how do they compose themselves so soon. If it were me I would have really been upset after a toughly fought race! Thats true sportsmanship on display (even if not from the inside!!!). But i agree within the team rivalaries are a treat to watch.... much more fun!
Tell you bro, it would have been something to have Prost and Senna on a team!!! Now that you say it and going hypothetical, it also would have been something to have Schumi & Senna in a team...... maybe we would have seen some punches thrown then :D :D!!!!!!!!

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #452 on: June 08, 2007, 09:14:32 AM »
by the way wont be there for the next 2 races on this forum, so have fun guys and may we have interesting races and scarlet endings!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #453 on: June 10, 2007, 07:27:06 PM »
What a race to miss, sid_coz! The best race for a long time!

Hamilton drove solid and earned his victory, but the best part was definitely other top-drivers' competition for being the worst driver on track :D IMO this prize goes to Alonso, he was off the track four times and got overtaken by Sato in the end. Massa was not much better, amateurish mistake not to see the red light and gotten blackflagged out, come on, Kubica had stopped waiting there! Raikkonen's performance was horrible again, but I have to forgive him a bit having his front wing broken quit some time.

Rosberg's and Trullis(?) synchronized spinning was also cool, as was the Trullis performance to get his car to the wall while driving behind the safety car.

Besides Hamilton the tops of the race were definitely Sato, who took both, Raikkonen and Alonso in his Super Aguri(!) and Kovalainen, who drove from 22nd place to 4th with this Renault.

Kubica crashed badly, and I already feared the worst, but he "only" broke his legs. Astonishing example how safe those F1-cars are these days!

Absolutely the best race this far. More like this! --But without crashing walls like Kubica.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:33:59 PM by ctz »
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #454 on: June 10, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »
Stupid local blackout kept me from watching this live. :cry:

Hopefully it replays later tonight.  :prayers:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:31:49 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #455 on: June 10, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »
Oh you have to watch JFC, as ctz said, best race all year. Fantastic action, always something happening, serious crashes. Man after the last one this is what we wanted.

Story of race, one driver in a different class. Hamilton was awesome, what can you say. What pressure he must have been under, but he held it perfectly. The pressure sure is getting to Alonso. he must have thought he was in for an easy ride getting a rookie as a co-driver, lol. Amazing performance.

Also really liked Sato in the Super Aguri as ctz said. great race and nice move on Alonso. But what about those Ferrari's, they sure need to pull their finger out.

Great great race, more in Indi please :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »
Funny enough, this was the first F1 race I watched in full, and what a race I managed to pick! Hamilton owned the other drivers, which you have to admire after the safety car cut his lead 4 times. Alonso made some pretty bad mistakes and supposedly, it seems the next race in Indianapolis is his worst track. Was cool to see Sato overtake Alonso too, nice piece of driving.

No doubts about it, the Kubica crash was bad. I feared for the worst as well, and was honestly quite surprised to hear during the race that his condition was stable. The synchronized spinning was sweet too :D Anyone know why it happened?

I'm looking forward to future races!

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2007, 03:43:50 AM »
will watch replay hang on XD

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #458 on: June 14, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »
Fernando Alonso whining about Lewis Hamilton:

“From the first moment, I wasn’t comfortable with everything,”
“I'm in an English team, with an English team-mate who is doing a brilliant job.
"We knew that all the support and help would be going to him."
“I understood that from the start and I’m not complaining about it.”

Great! Alonso seems to be little pissed about Hamilton's success.
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
“I'm in an English team, with an English team-mate who is doing a brilliant job.
"We knew that all the support and help would be going to him."
“I understood that from the start and I’m not complaining about it.”
Gee, I wonder what he's trying to say here? :err:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Straight Up