JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Electrography

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137213 times)

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »

Well I don't remember whether Schumi actually drove over Stepney's foot or not, but hit him anyway and Stepney got injured.

You were right and i am wrong!! Yup he indeed went over Stephney's foot and injured him.
Anyways its happy times!!!!!!!! Ferrari did it! Awesome finish..... a full 32 secs ahead of Lewis! Well Mclaren screwed up more on strategy than on track...... thats if you discount Alonso! Man he must be one frustrated soul after the race!! But he has no one else to blame but himself. Hamilton showed in one go how to overtake a BMW! I think we can see some mistakes from Alonso now ..... as the pressure will be really on him! One good last French GP is all i can say! Good scarlet come back .... the testing did them good!
Meanwhile the Stephney episode is hotting up with him being chucked out of Ferrari and McLaren denying any benifits from the alledged information passing!

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2007, 04:10:39 PM »
Ferrari owning in Silverstone practice sessions this far... I hope they do the same in qualifying as well!

What comes into Stepney's case, it turned out to be bigger than I could ever imagine. And quite strange. Was the revenge only reason for Stepney's treachery? And why did McLaren's chief designer Mike Coughlan keep the data he got from Stepney at his aparment just waiting for the police... Come on, Stepney was already sued, should ring some bells. Was this the only case or how long this has been going on?

I certainly hope that McLaren as a team is innocent and this is only Stepney's and Coughlan's own doing. Because it would sure ruin one of the most interesting seasons for a long time if McLaren or itd drivers would end up getting some penalties in points.

Btw, rumors tell that Hamilton's friend P.Diddy wants to buy a F1 team :) How cool team would that be! :D

coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2007, 07:16:34 PM »
Yep, apparently Raikkonen owned the practice sessions today. His best lap of one minute 20.639 seconds was 0.449secs quicker than Massa. Lewis Hamilton was fourth fastest nearly 0.75secs behind and Alonso was sixth.

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #483 on: July 07, 2007, 01:09:14 PM »
Well, in the words of the commentators

Pure genius

Slower all weekend, but Hamilton pulls it out on the last lap at his home GP, just a fantastic pole position. The pressure he must have been under this weekend, but just does not get to him.

man it's gonna be a good race, top 4 soooo close :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:09:55 PM by ggliff »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #484 on: July 08, 2007, 02:17:37 PM »
Raikkonen wins the British GP, with Alonso 2nd and favourite, Hamilton, getting 3rd

I think the pressure got to Hamilton quite frankly, but still, 9th podium in a row. And Raikkonen owned everyone else. Looking forward to the German GP in a fortnight and see how accurate the real Nurburgring is in comparison to Project Gotham/Forza Nurburgring :D

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
Nice driving from Raikkonen. And he even tried to fight with Hamilton. It's sad how F1 nowadays is just waiting for pit-stops and then getting couple of fast laps to get by.

Hamilton finally did his first rookie-mistake, I hope we'll see a second one being more serious that we get the championship more even.

coot is ctz

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #486 on: July 09, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
well i was also equally impressed with Massa. That's tough driving to pass all the way for 5th starting out from the pits.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #487 on: July 09, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »
Dammit I really need to stop staying up so late the night before a race. :(

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #488 on: July 09, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »
Great from both the Ferrari boys, and a tiny dent in Hamilton's halo. But he just didn't have the machinery to win this one.
Maybe McLaren had to take some red bits off the car :D

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #489 on: July 10, 2007, 08:29:26 AM »
well i was also equally impressed with Massa. That's tough driving to pass all the way for 5th starting out from the pits.

Couldnt agree with you more! It was Kimi who really ruled the day and with the laps he took after Alonso pitted the second time were phenominal..... but Massa was amazing .... esp in the start when he went ruthlessly over the back end drivers. Quite incredible i must say! Who says there isnt overtaking on track.
Even the move by Kimi was good.... but the way Hamilton closed the door was quite amazing..... and dangerous too!

Maybe McLaren had to take some red bits off the car :D
Kinda makes me think likewise!!!! :lol: :lol:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »

Behind the grid to fifth is quite impressive, but it was kinda easy for him. He didn't really have hard time with anyone before Kubica. It was like lapping people, no one even tried to block his way. Hill never gave up when Schumi was coming behind even Hill was driving Arrows.

Looking forward to the German GP in a fortnight and see how accurate the real Nurburgring is in comparison to Project Gotham/Forza Nurburgring

I didn't notice that they're not driving on Hockenheim this year :( Too bad, Hockenheim has always been one of my favorite tracks.
coot is ctz

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #491 on: July 19, 2007, 01:39:43 PM »

I didn't notice that they're not driving on Hockenheim this year :( Too bad, Hockenheim has always been one of my favorite tracks.

Yes man even i realized it recently. Yup me missing the real german GP as well. But without Schumi it would not have been all that fun! The races arent all that fun without him anyways. Its like they have taken the bully-boy out of the equation ..... he was really the talk of all races!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #492 on: July 21, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »
WHOA. I admit I ain't too big on racing. Even tho I made this thread just to pimp Danica :lol:

Well, I seen some racing in person. AND IT IS CRAZY. The Edmonton Grand Prix, bunch of practices. CHAMP CAR, Atlantic car (with "Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz) NASCAR: Canadian ver.

Here's the track.

here's those CASCAR guys:

Met some drivers, like Bourdais, Paul Tracy, and that lady driver not named Danica. Legge ...

Mario Andretti is the grand marshall. Here is him testing out his two-seater for a prize winner
[youtube=425,350]fgNFobp1gQk[/youtube]
hope to get an autograph from him!!

zooom cars. stood at the fence, fuck a GOLD SEAT package!! Poor people stand here!
[youtube=425,350]-We8lV752u0[/youtube]

More qualifying tmr. in 6 hours actually :lol: Finals on Sunday.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:07:21 AM by daigong »

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #493 on: July 21, 2007, 10:00:51 AM »
Cool daigong, thanks for the pics. Jealous! Been a fan of F1 all my life, yet still not seen one for real :(

Looks like the boy wonder is quick again this weekend, but hard to tell how the red things are doing as I think they were holding back a bit in free practice. Quali in a few hours YAY, I love race weekends :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #494 on: July 21, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
Now there's a twist. On exiting a hairpin, the right front tyre of Hamilton's car seemingly burst and as a result Hamilton crashed and looks unlikely to race tomorrow, certainly his car is in no shape to do so. That's a shame. Hope he recovers soon, it looked like a nasty crash to me. So does McClaren have another driver to select? Or is it too late?

EDIT

Scratch that, Hamilton looks fit to race again for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 01:32:30 PM by Tuffty »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #495 on: July 21, 2007, 04:07:59 PM »
Hamilton crashed? Wow, that's a first for his F1 career. Oh well, at least it was only practice and not the actual race.

On another note,
* JFC  is uber jealous of daigong hanging out at the Edm GP. :banghead:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #496 on: July 21, 2007, 05:21:35 PM »
Hamilton crashed? Wow, that's a first for his F1 career. Oh well, at least it was only practice and not the actual race.

It kinda ruined his qualifying... He's still got 10th place or 20th if they have to change the engine...

After hearing that Hamilton is ok, I gotta admit that I think there was something good in his accident. First, it's nice to see him start behind the first two rows and see him in real action! I hope those wussies before him won't make it too easy for him as they did it for Massa in the last GP. This season has been far too easy for Hamilton anyway. So now he have a chance to prove his skills. Other good thing is that I don't mind Ferraris and Alonso getting closer to Hamilton in points. More tighter the championship, the better!

Btw... Raikkonen was surprisingly dominant today. About 0.3sec gap to both Alonso and Massa. Alonso made a mistake, so probably he don't have much fuel for the race. But I don't believe Massa would have chosen a different tactic (more fuel) than Raikkonen and there was still quite a gap between Ferraris. Did Massa have any problems?

coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #497 on: July 21, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
It'll definitely be interesting to see how Hamilton handles himself starting from the middle or back of the group. Will he change his driving style to climb up? Will he be ABLE to climb up?

Dammit now I really want to see this one...but knowing my luck I'll probably sleep through it again. :banghead:

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #498 on: July 21, 2007, 09:27:50 PM »
Watching Hamilton come through the pack last year in GP2 was awesome, lets see what he can do tomorrow. Its just as Alonso said, the luck gets shared out over the whole season. Raikkonen's going to be tough to catch though.

Keep knocking back the red bull JFC lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #499 on: July 22, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »
IT'S CARNAGE!! LMAO. The rain has caused at least 6 cars to crash, including Hamilton. Unbelieveable start and they've now put the red flag up. Madness.

EDIT

Now it gets really interesting! Alonso wins and Hamilton gets no points at all. Alonso is now 2 points behind Hamilton overall. What an ending though seeing Alonso and Maasa going side by side against each other.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:29:18 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Electrography