JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lunkhead - Shiroi Koe

Author Topic: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 25 [Update: 07/16/14]  (Read 56191 times)

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • WMATSUI, MAYUKI, GEKIBLACK, RENAIRIN, JURIMAYU
Re: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 3
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 02:38:47 AM »
Oh my...i sense something bad going to happen,whatever is that i hope mayu could make it,not like the last time with ayame

This is great,i love it

Thank for the update,and where's yuki? I want to know whats she's doing now,want to know why she blame mayu and all...

RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline nik11

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mayu - Yuki - Yuko - Rena - Jurina Daisuki
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 02:48:18 AM »
Ah Mayu gambare!!
This story is so sad but I like it.

That killer seems like bad news.
Dont touch Juju-chan or else Mayu papa is gonna beat your oshiri

Next chapter gotta be Yuki POV, right? Cant wait

Offline DC2805

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Think with your wisdom, Love with your heart.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
haha, yes i wouldn't want to get a earful or lecture too.  :lol:
That's just my frank personal opinion for the characters not coping well with the grief. anyway they have to do so if not there won't be anymore story. full understand that  :P
Visit my FFs:
We Love the Hospital! OS (Mayuki + Wmatsui) + Omake
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36072.0

The Foreigner Husband and The Traditional Wife (Wmatsui)
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36090.0

[Short OS] "Puppy" Love (Pairings: JR + YH)
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36408.0

My Little Brother Can't Be This Cute!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36678.0

Derailed - OS featuring Aya x Nao
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37305.0

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 01:43:38 AM »
@DC2805: True true, LOL!

"And both Yuki and Jurina has now coped with their depression and the lost of Ayame along with their ex-husband/father, Mayu. Yuki and Mayu were remarried and has forgiven each other of their misfortunes. Thus the three lived in a peaceful life, THE END"

This is somewhat how I would imagine the storyline would suddenly go if they were to cope with their loss.  :on lol:

Thanks for the comments! And for those who were wondering where the heck Yuki is this entire time... I guess this chapter will explain some part of it. (I guess the introduction of two main characters here, *cough cough*)

Thought I would upload this since it's been sitting in my flash drive for some time now. Besides, I had this fiction in my mind while I was having my MRI/X-Ray today, so here it is. (I would've been mean and just held it off until next week, BUT change of plan. 8D) Enjoy it I suppose. :sweat:

[Chapter 4]

"Ayame? Ayame!"

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"Ayame dear, where are you?! I can only hear in this darkness!"

"Mommy-!"

"Ayame? Ayame! Are you still there?"

"..."

"Ayame...?"

"..."

"Ayame! Answer me, please! Aya-M-Mayuyu?! W-What are you doing here?! ... No. Why are you laying on the ground with... our daughter? And why is there... blood? ...No. No, it can't be. No. NO. Please no. Ayame! Mayu!"

Kashiwagi Yuki had resided in an apartment located in the bustling city of Tokyo. Living up on the 23rd floor, she was able to rent a decent room. It had all of the requirements for ones living. A kitchen, a bathroom, two bedroom, dining room, living room and an office room. The set-up was just like a house. It's just one of the many rooms this apartment was able to be built with.

Yuki sat on the edge of her bed, breathing heavily. Out of breath to be exact. Once a mother and wife is now single. Rain drizzled from the outside, each drop hitting upon the clear glass window that covered the entire wall from behind where she sat. Nightfall had already fallen upon the city; the dark skies barely showing the stars thanks to the city's lights. However, one could get a decent view from the window's viewpoint. She was dressed in a long white t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Her elbows were on top of her knees, hands running up and down on her face. Inhale and exhale. Inhale and exhale. Each breath she took could be heard loud and clear in the dead silent dark room.

'Another nightmare about Ayame again...' Nightmares. Nightmares began to plague her ever since the death of her daughter. It would always haunt her whether she was wide awake or floating in her dreamworld. Truth be told, the only place where she could relax and distract her mind is sleep at a nearby motel. (To be precise, the motel that Miyazawa Sae works and owns thanks to her family.)

'Ayame... Mayu... Jurina...' Her mind was constantly filled with the thoughts of her family. Especially the deceased Ayame.

She remembered clearly how much pain she was in when her daughter laid dead on top of the stretcher from the day the incident occurred. The day her husband, Mayu, slipped into a three month long coma. The day her life crumbled away.

Anger. Yuki blamed Mayu for the death of their daughter. Their youngest daughter whose future will never be achieved. If only Mayu was able to protect her properly... If only she had kept her eyes on Ayame... If only she didn't let Ayame run off...

She remembered exactly what she had said to Mayu. Exactly how it went the moment Mayu had awaken. Maybe she was in too much pain to even hide the truth from her now ex-husband.

"Yuki...rin?" Mayu barely was able to whisper her name while she laid resting atop of a hospital bed. Her entire head was bandage and was in a very weak condition. The pale body that could possibly be even paler than the white snow itself. Surrounding the girl on the bed was Yuki and Yuko. Their expression was grave. This gave Mayu some sort of hint that something bad had happen.

Her wife had stayed silent; her eyes a mixture of anger and pain underneath. "A...yame... Where... is she? Is... she okay?"

Silence again. And Mayu was smart enough to know why there was silence in the air between her and the two girls right by her side. Eyes widening in shock, her mouth only opened without a single sound escaping past it. Not a single comment spoken. Not a single word spoken. "Mayu... Why? Why couldn't you have protected her?" That question slapped Mayu straight across the face once Yuki had spoken it to her. Speechless. She was unable to respond or say anything bakc to her.

This must've ticked Yuki off for she began to raise the volume of her voice. "Our daughter is dead. You were there with her. Why couldn't you have protected her? Why?!"

"I....I don't... know..."

Tears now bursting out from her eyes, Yuki didn't bother to wipe it away as she marched out the door of the patient's room loudly. Each step was heard stomping upon the white clean floor. The amount of force she had used in each step might as well cause any nearby flowers in a vase on a small table to tip and fall over. Without looking back at the room, Yuki rushed past both Haruna and Jurina, who were seated right outside of the room.

"Mommy?" Jurina's voice called out to her only to be sadly ignored. Yuki could not think straight. All that came to mind was Ayame's death and placing the blame on Mayu.

Bringing up divorce with Mayu doesn't just seem to hurt her but also Yuki herself. She could tell in Mayu's eyes deep within that she doesn't want this to happen. The death and divorce to happen. But Yuki just had to do it. She couldn't stand being around the person she loved that couldn't protect her daughter.

Even though it was two years since her death, Yuki could still not shake off the terrible feeling of missing her little girl. The little angel that contained both of Yuki's and Mayu's genetic codes. The girl that she love so much aside from her ex-husband and other daughter Jurina. It was a different kind of feeling of missing someone. Unlike knowing that the person will return in the near future at any given time, Yuki knew that Ayame was never going to come back. No matter how much she wishes, prayed and yelled at both God and the Earth's soil. Unconsciously, tears formed from the corner of her eyes and trickled down on her cheeks. Sniffles came from her as she didn't bother to wipe the wetness on her face.

"Ayame, oh god... I really miss you so much..." she sobbed quietly to herself, pulling her legs up on the bed and closer to her chest. Yuki buried her face within her crossed arms on top of her knees, hiding her face from the world. She wanted to leave this earthly world so badly that she almost thought about going for it.

But she can't. No. She has Jurina to look over at least. Mayu for all she cares doesn't need to be worried about. Or so she thought. Little did she know that Mayu truly is suffering just as much as she is. Yuki thought that she was hurting the most when truly the both of them share equal amount of pain over their head.

While she cried in the dark room, the rain pouring down from the sky only fell even more rapidly and harder. Thunders from the storm afar heard echoing from the distant.

----------

“Itano Tomomi, does that ring any bell?”

“Itano Tomomi? Never heard of that name before in my life.”

An old, slightly big private foreign American detective was standing in front of a motel receptionist. He already had traces of some faint wrinkles on his face and already developed some natural gray color upon his short brown hair. Wearing a brown jacket over his white buttoned shirt and red tie accompanied by his belted black pants, he could easily be seen as a figurative authority. His light brown eyes stared at the other man sitting on the opposite direction of where he stood. He frowned when the man didn’t give him the answer he wanted.

Not wanting to waste his time, the detective reached to the side of his jacket’s pocket. He then pulled out a five hundred yen money and placed it on top of the dirty brown counter.

“Oh, that Itano Tomomi? Third floor, last door on the left at the end of the corridor.”

Without saying a single word of thanks whatsoever, he left the man and followed his direction on getting to Itano.

Itano. He wanted to see Itano. He knew she was… How can one say it in a light way? A mature girl-er, mother, who decided to earn big bucks by giving pleasure to others. Smart enough though, she also has strict regulations and only does it for business. He’s heard of her. He’s heard of her on the streets mainly. More specifically in the valley where one consider those gangsters and thugs to be hanging around. The girl that was once a mother whose husband had left her not too long ago. Walking in a fast pace and the sole of his black work shoes clunked against the fancy designed red carpeted floor beneath his feet.

He then arrived at the destined destination. His right hand then came up to knock on the rough wooden door a couple of times. Soon enough, the girl that he was looking for opened up the door just a crack.

“Itano Tomomi?” he asked in his deep, manly voice.

The girl behind the door was wearing a long, black shirt that managed to reach down right above her knee. Light brown hair and one crooked tooth was barely seen from her closed mouth. She was beautiful, the detective admits. However, he wasn’t here to go on a relationship or even form one. Rather, he’s here for his job. And his job is to hunt for the Origami Killer and solve who the killer’s identity is. Upon his research and frequently reading the newspaper every single day, he had reasons to why he had to ask this young lady.

“Sorry, I only see clients by appointment,” she quickly spoke in her native Japanese tongue before closing the door. In a flash, the detective quickly reached out and halted the door from fully closing with his hand. “W-Wait.” He wasn’t surprised to see that the door opened up once again when he talked. Itano’s hand resting on the side of the door and leaning slightly at the door, she tilted her head.

“Five thousand yens. I don’t kiss and I don’t do anything weird.”

The detective knew that if he was to deny what she thought he wanted and told her what he truly was seeking out, she would’ve shooed his away again. So he then answered, “Fine by me.”

Soon he was inside of the room. The motel room was like any ordinary motel room. A bed with a covered window thanks to the curtains above it. Gentle yellow light emitted from the lamp nearby the bed. This looked like a place where one who have such irresistible urges to do ‘that’ would find the setting perfect.

“We’ve only got ten minutes. Ten minutes with that amount of money. I don’t have all day for this.” He snapped his attention back at Itano, who was now standing right next to the bed. His serious expression did not falter. “Actually I’m not a customer…” he finally admitted, shrugging his shoulders just slightly.

It took Itano a while to realize that this man truly isn't looking for what she provides. The way he dresses and his age. Itano’s eyes widen and sighed loudly. “A cop… I should’ve known… What do you want now?”

Now a frown crossed his face. He wondered why she would seem so freaked out if this is what she has been truly doing after… her son’s incident not too long ago. Clearing his throat and coughing into his hand, he then introduced himself. “My name is Scott Shelby. I’m a private detective. The families of the victims of the recent event from the Origami Killer asked me to investigate the murders. I came here just to ask you some questions about Johnny.” Johnny. Johnny was this woman’s son. The son who had died from the same killer himself. The sixth victim.

He barely saw a flicker of rage behind Itano’s eyes and thought she was going to snap. But she remained calm. “I already told the police all I know and I have nothing to add. Leave me alone.”

Shelby wasn’t going to give up that easily though. Standing his ground, he added, “The killer is walking around free as we speak. He’ll kill again if he’s not arrested.“

“My Johnny is dead, so what difference does it make?”

He didn’t seem pleased with her answer or rather, the question she just asked. “There will be other victims if we don’t stop the killer. You have got to help me, Itano. You may know something that can aid the investigation.”

“Help you?” Sarcasm was heard in her voice with a scoff. She crossed her arms and glared at the detective standing in front of her. Rage was written all over her face, but it was surprising to see that she hasn’t screamed at the top of her lungs to get him out of the room. Yet at least. “There’s nothing you can do! My son is dead!” Her voice began to rise though as she walked toward him, making Shelby back away from the approaching woman. “Do you hear me? He’s dead!”

Angry internally, Shelby kept himself calm and decided to use logic in response. “I bought ten minute sof your time, didn’t I? All I ask is that you use that time to answer some questions.”

That doesn’t seem to make the situation any better but rather made it worse. Itano got the wrong idea and snapped. “You want to pay me to tell you about my son, is that it? You can buy my body, Mr. Shelby, but my son is not for sale. Get out of here.” She growled under her breath and glared at him with the angriest expression she has ever done. Itano was very sensitive when it has to do with her deceased son. “Get the fuck OUT!” Then without looking twice, she turned around on her heels and walked straight toward the bed. She sat down on the edge and had her back turned on Shelby.

He didn’t say another word for a short moment, staring after her. Shelby couldn’t blame her though. Losing your son as a single mother is the most devastating thing for most anyone. However, he kept a cool expression and backed away a couple of steps. His hand reached to one of his jacket’s pockets and pulled out a small business card containing his name and contact information. “Well, if you remember anything, the smallest detail… give me a call,” he stated as he dropped off the card on top of a nearby dining table. Then respecting her wants for him to leave, he indeed did leave.

Now out in the hallway, he was planning to head straight to the entrance and back into his car when something happened. Shelby began gasping for air and his hands flew right up to his neck. Wheezing and choking sound could be heard coming from his trachea as he lurched forward. Asthma. The detective had a severe case of asthma and without treatment, he would surely need to have a visit at the emergency room in the hospital.

Shelby stumbled and leaned his back against the wall to his left, gasping. His hands quickly fumbled around in his pockets and pulled out an inhaler. Quickly he brought it to his now-opened mouth and squeezed the trigger. One puff, two puff, three puff. The asthma attack has now been relieved, leaving the poor old detective breathless. It took him a couple of seconds to stabilize his condition.

“Itano? Itano, open up, baby. It’s me!” A young male’s voice was heard. Shelby didn’t turn his head at the source of the voice’s direction, he saw from the corner of his eyes that it was a young Japanese man. Bald with a Chinese dragon tattoo engraved on the side of his left head, he stood in his leather jacket and pants over his white muscle shirt.

“I told you I don’t want to see you again, Emiya,” Itano’s voice was heard muffled from within the room. The so-called man, Emiya, was heard exhaling loudly through his nose. But Shelby could tell he was trying hard to remain calm and opened his mouth again. “Doll, I really wanted to see you though.” To his alarm, he saw the young man walk inside of the room and clicked the door close behind him. Before he knew it, there was her scream heard coming through the wall. Not wasting any time, he briskly walked over to the front of the door.

Standing in front of it, he knocked. No answer. Grimacing at the amount of sound coming from within the room, he knocked again. The door now opened and had the same young man he saw earlier standing in front of him. “What d’you want, asshole?” His voice was threatening and intimidating, but Shelby ignored him and questioned Itano. “Itano? Is everything all right?” Of course she wasn’t. From where the detective was standing, he saw Itano down on the ground, motionless.

“She’s just swell. Now beat it, loser.” The man’s voice brought Shelby back to his current situation and slammed the door shut in his face. Knowing the danger that the girl was in, he didn’t hesitate to kick the weak unlocked door opened. He stepped inside. The young male was standing over Itano and turned his head around to see Shelby approaching. “You again?” he sounded irritated at the disruption. “If you’re looking for trouble, you found it. I’m gonna beat the shit outta ya!” Then he threw a punch at Shelby’s direction.

Despite Shelby’s age, he was still strong and able to defend himself. He quickly backed away and managed to easily dodge the angered man’s fist. However, instead of retracting, Emiya shoved Shelby to the side and slammed him against the fridge from behind. Thinking quickly, Shelby gave him a good punch at the side of his head, causing the young fellow to back away. “Oof!” he yelled out when the detective gave him another punch at his face. Blood could be felt on his left fist when he pulled away from his punch.

But instead of the enemy staying down, Emiya recovered at a fast rate and struck back. He smacked his fist right on his forehead, earning Shelby a dizzying spell. He felt his head being grabbed by the man and was trying to drag him straight into the closet’s mirror. Knowing what was going to happen, he twisted the situation around and too grabbed the man’s head. Right when he was about to come into contact with the glass behind him, he used all of his strength to flip their position and land Emiya into the glass instead.

Small shards of glasses managed to puncture the surface of Shelby’s jacket sleeves as Emiya from his grip tried to shake off the dizziness due to the impact. The detective was just about to give him a kick to put him down when he was shoved backward. Backing away, his cheek was met with a hard knuckled fist. He then stopped in his track. The man gave an uppercut right at his stomach, causing Shelby to bend forward. But he didn’t collapse there. Rather, he shoved Emiya toward the dining table.

Wrong move though. It only gave him an advantage since he grabbed one of the six chairs from the dining table. “Emiya, no!” Itano’s plea to stop didn’t reach into his ears sadly for he threw it straight at the old man. Thankfully he had enough strength to knock the short-distanced flying chair away. Pain flashed in his mind from the reckless defensive action, but he had no time to complain or even think about it. Before he knew it though, he was pulled right on top of the dining table with Emiya grabbing a hold of his jacket’s collar. His hands tightened as he tried to slam the back of his head against the dining table’s surface.

“Stop it! I’m going to call the cops Emiya!” To no avail once again, Itano’s voice could not be heard to the attacking man. Shelby saw right above his head a green bottle of wine. Hastily he grabbed it with his right hand but couldn’t use it just yet when his enemy pinned his wrist down. He struggled for a good couple seconds, fighting against his strong opposing opponent with strength. Shelby jerked his legs from below to throw off the man and used this chance to strike at him. The bottle came with a sickening crack once it came into contact with the top of Emiya’s head. Then the man stumbled backward, his hands holding the spot where he had struck.

“D-Dammit…” he snarled when he saw how much blood he lost from one of his hands. Glaring at Shelby, he backed and limped away from the room and out into the door. “I’ll see you again, asshole…” Then he was gone from their sight.

The detective breathed for a moment, making sure that the man won’t come back for a second round. Once a full minute has passed, he sighed. “Are you alright?” he heard Itano from behind asked. He got off from the table and turned to look at the woman. She was looking at him with worries in her eyes. Bruises appear on his forehead, the side of his cheek and the corner of his mouth. He faintly chuckled. “Better than him, I guess… Who is he?”

“An ex-client who thinks he owns me. He was getting violent. I told him I didn’t want to see him anymore."

He nodded when he finally understood. “You should be more careful. He’ll probably be back… Sorry for the mess.” Shelby began to open the door and take his leave when he heard Itano one more time.

“Mr. Shelby?” Shelby stopped in his track for a short moment and glanced over his shoulder. He saw her have a small smile on her face. “Thank you.”

Final main character will be revealed on the next chapter. I believe if I mention "FBI Agent," you all can probably guess who it is.  :glasses:

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 4
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:38 AM »
I'm hungry '-'

Soo... I love I love I love *w* Go write and post the next chapter -little tyrant -

-disappears and return to work çwç -

Offline qweakb

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 01:00:04 PM »
nice story!  :thumbsup

please update soon  :)
Become AKB fan after watching AKB0048.
Oshimen : Takamina and Mayu
Favorite pair : TakaAstu, Mayukirin, KumiYuria, Wmatsui, JirinaMayu etc.
(After reading the fanfic, my favorite pair just keep increasing :( )

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
Wowowowowow, this is awesome. It's really depressing but i really like it!

I wonder who's the 3rd main character.......  :?
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 10:55:45 PM »
wahh poor mayu  :cry: :on speedy:
ayame chan!! :ptam-cry: :ptam-hbk:
yuki forgive mayu!! :tantrum: :prayers: :pleeease:
thanx for the update :kneelbow:
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 12:23:57 AM »
Yuki why?
Well some people blame someone to hide how hurt they are.

But still,yuki.
Blaming mayu is a selfish! Dont you care about jurina?
From what i see,she's like lost all of her family...
If mayu could protect ayame and she's the one that die in that day,would you blame ayame?

And itano-pan yay!!
Cant wait the next update,looks like something bad will happen,and mayu have to protect her daughter agai (maybe) and this time she will(hope)

Thank for the update,really a great chapter
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:40 AM »
Oh Tomochin is a *bip*, interesting.

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
- First of all, Sorry for the late comment :D

-Second, I  already finished reading your fan fiction (How Far You Prepared To Go?)
From Chapter 1-4

-It’s very realistic story. It’s so good that when I read the part when Ayame’s death and Mayuyu’s dilemma about her/his family.

-It’s so sad  :cry:

-I hope that it’s MaYuki and a bit WMatsui :D

- Lastly, Please Update and Thank You
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »
@Llyloo: *gives some cookies* Hai hai, onee-sama.  :sweat:

@kurogumi: That's an excellent question to ask. Though I'm pretty sure Yuki wouldn't blame it on Ayame since she's only a small child at that time.  :on shady:

@Wmatsui22: It is Mayuki (and I did say it'll come painfully slow for their moments) and wMatsui... I won't say anything about it because I'm such a troll. And don't apologize about the late comment! I understand that we always can't be glued to the computer 24/7.  :sweat:

Thanks for the comments everyone and I decided to upload another chapter early (since I'm sick and just came back from school. *planning to sleep after posting this*  :fever:) I already have seven chapters typed out at the moment, hur hur... But I must edit them and make them as good as I can make it!

This chapter should explain the last main character~ (In case I didn't make the last chapter clear, there was both Yuki and Shelby introduced.)

[Chapter 5]

Takahashi Minami was driving through the street, early in the morning. It was raining. To be more accurate, it was raining hard. Thanks to the bad weather, the setting made it feel as though nightfall had descended upon the town. The car’s windshield was moving left and right as fast as possible, trying to swipe away the wet surface. Same amount of raindrops came to replace the ones that were wiped away. In the driver seat with her left hand on the wheel, she stared straight ahead with a firm look on her face.

She was heading straight toward the crime scene of where the seventh body of the Origami Killer’s recent victim was found and located. Her dark brown hair tied in a pony tail, she frowned as she saw the ambulances and police sirens seen from the distance. They were getting nearer and she arrived closer to her destination.

Minami reached over to the location and parked right behind two police cars that guarded the area. Before getting out of the car though, she noticed immediately noticed that her right hand, which was on the stick shift, was trembling violently. Then on her left hand, which was formed into a fist, unravel her fingers. A blue liquid in a test tube was at the palm of her hand. On the top of the bottle was a corkscrew, which kept the liquid from escaping. That liquid contained the drug, Triptocaine. An illegal drug that Minami is forced to use for one specific reason. And that reason was for using the equipment that only she was given.

There was a slight hesitation before she dropped the bottle into her black jacket’s pocket. ‘Yamatte,’ she thought to herself as she unbuckled her seat belt. ‘I can’t take the drug… Not now. The cops can see me.’  Minami clicked the car door opened and stepped out into the rain. Immediately upon coming out, she was hit with a massive downpour. She frowned. ‘Damn this rain. If I get a cold on this job, I’m going to be real sure I don’t get dispatched on another mission like this.’ Dressed in a suit with black pants, black jacket, and white buttoned shirt inside, she looked like a person with high authority. 

With a small sneeze escaping from her, she sniffled for a couple seconds before walking up to the two cops. There was a yellow caution tape stretched all around the area, making one impossible to cross without directly facing the police.

“The zone is sectioned off, ma’am. Please step back.”

Minami raised her eyebrow at the old male cop in front of her. He was wearing a rain jacket that had its white outlines shining brightly in the dark atmosphere. His hand was held up into the air, stopping her in her track. She felt slightly awkward when he had called her ‘ma’am.’ The short girl wondered to herself if she was really that old-looking already. Minami then spoke up. ”Agent Takahashi Minami, FBI.”

“You got a badge or something, Miss Takahashi?” He doesn’t look convinced, but it was normal for police to be asking these questions. Posers and fakers are always out here in the world. Without any hesitation, she pulled out from the right pocket of her jacket her identification card. It showed a picture of her face with the information proving her status. Once shown to the cop, he gave a nod. “Check. You can pass,” the officer confirmed and stepped to the side for Minami to pass through.

She breathed out of her nose loudly as the sound of rain hitting the pavement beneath their feet hid the noise of her action. ‘I’m REALLY gonna love it here…’ she sarcastically thought as she went under the caution tape.

Minami is a native Japanese girl, but she works for the FBI in America. They decided to let her stay in Japan and give her a call for the need of her assistance. Of course, she lived alone and had no friends or family to begin with. If she ever did have a parent or two, they apparently didn’t hang around to look after her. And friends. There’s no need for friends. The only person she would consider a ‘friend’ is her right-hand, Yokoyama Yui. Minami saved her from her dark past and the two now are somewhat in a mutual relationship. Other than that, there was no one she can rely on. No one. Thus why she always accepted any requests from the FBI and freely traveled around the world.

Right now, the government from Washington D.C. has requested for her to investigate the crime of the Origami Killer in one poor part of Tokyo. Beyond and past the bright and busy streets of the city, there were some unfortunate parts that those who weren’t rich resided in. (Yuki lives in the city of Tokyo while Mayu lives in this part of the neighborhood due to her lack of work and money at hand) Seems like a perfect place for a crime to be committed. Though it probably is only a matter where the police of this area should have taken care of, the killer had done its deed for nearly three full years. The same method to kill his victim yet no one can solve it. That’s why Japan had asked for help and the FBI decided to act upon it.

Trembling hands. Her hands were trembling on both sides of her body. She grimaced. ‘My hands are trembling… I need to get a hold of myself…. At least for now. Come on, Minami. You’re on a job right now. Doesn’t look like I have any option anyway.’

The FBI agent took a couple steps forth and then came to a stop. Once she came to a stop, her two feet rooted on the ground, her left hand reached over to the right upper pocket of her jacket. She pulled out a black sunglasses. It wasn’t any ordinary sunglasses though. Putting it over her eyes, she also pulled out a black glove from the opposite pocket and pulled it on her left hand. Minami adjusted the glove for a couple good seconds. Assured that the glove fit comfortably, she stared straight on ahead at the scene before her.

There were a couple of police walking around in the field where the body was discovered. The surrounding has a good foot or two of grasses in certain parts of the area. Their flashlights were seen shining left and right from their view. In a couple of seconds, a train that could only be seen in such poor parts of the country were seen running through the tracks from the background. Smoke came out of its exhaust vent from above as it carried the carriages behind it.

Through Minami’s viewpoint, she saw a couple of options appearing before her eyes. From the lower left corner of her eyes, there was an orange outline of a hand. It showed option and the status of the glove that she wore. Then above it on the same side was a small ‘REC’ lettering along with sound waves right on top of it. Soon her vision was littered with multiple data and items that were scanning the scene in front of her.

“Video Memo recording,” she spoke out loud while observing the area in front of her. “Agent 47023, Takahashi Minami. Tuesday, October 4th, 2011. Time is… 08:14 AM.” Once she had finished speaking, the data that once covered her entire screen from within the so-called ARI glasses. Altered Reality Interface. This is the only piece of equipment aside from the handheld revolver hidden in her jacket that she carries around with all of the time. It was something that she needs for her investigation. Able to perform at a higher quality and faster rate of searching and collecting clues than an average detective or cop. The glasses were also able to accurately and specifically collect data in its near-unlimited memory bank. However, there was a dangerous side effect to using it. Constant usage will cause permanent damage to the user’s brain and thus, Minami is forced to resort to the illegal drug Triptocaine in order to relieve the symptoms. Ironic enough, she instead became addicted to the drug. Withdrawal symptoms began to show as of right now; the shaky hands being one of them. She needed the drug, but resisted the temptation and focused on the matter at hand.

She eyed a nearby police man and approached to him from behind. There was someone she was asked to meet and talk to earlier this morning. “I’m looking for Lieutenant Carter Blake.” The police right beside her didn’t utter a single word but pointed his flashlight in front of him. Where he was pointing at, there was a police and a man wearing a brown jacket seen from afar. Minami gave him her thanks before heading toward him. Quickly and hastily without wasting any moment, she came upon the Lieutenant. The American man had brown hair with black beard and mustache surrounding his mouth. Lips were curved downward as she listened to the other officer converse with him. This man doesn’t look like one that shouldn’t be messed around or provoked. Rather he doesn’t look like the friendly type. Minami kept note in her head to be cautious around this man.

She took off her glasses and deposited it back into her jacket's pocket along with her gloves respectively.

“Lieutenant Blake? I’m agent Takahashi Minami from the FBI. I went by your office this morning but didn't see you there. They told me you’d be here.”

A small pause. Then the so-called man Carter Blake spoke up.

“Now if you’re lookin’ for rain, dead bodies and highways, you’ve come to the right place,” Blake spoke in a rough, manly voice while tilting his head downward just barely. Looks like Minami found the man she was looking for. Then he straightened the position of his head, looking over at the officer across from him. “Mike, will you tell that asshole with the bulldozer to stop for five minutes. I can’t hear myself think here.” In a matter of seconds, the officer now left both the lieutenant and the FBI agent alone together.

Without any warning, Blake walked on ahead, leaving Minami behind. After a couple of steps, he stopped in his track and turned around. “Well are you coming, Takahashi-san?” he asked. It took the agent a short moment to realize that she needed to follow after him. Flashing an embarrassed smile at his direction, she was right behind the lieutenant.

“So… what exactly happened here?” Minami questioned.

“Some guy taking his dog for a piss found the body about six o’clock this morning. We don’t know much more right now. Based on what we have seen, it looks like the work of the Origami Killer.”

“Any witnesses?”

“None yet. Given the neighborhood, I’d be surprised if anybody saw anything… Any news on the coroner?” Blake’s attention shifted over to a nearby police at standby.

The man shook his head in response. “He’s on his way, lieutenant.”

“We’ve been waiting for an hour, for fuck’s sake!”

Minami raised her eyebrow at such foul language coming from the police. But then again, when she first saw the man, she immediately judged that he was an arrogant man. So it was no surprise. 'Language, man...' she thought to herself.

“Has the body been identified?” she hoped to steer his attention back at her instead of the coroner that he was angry about. Blake cooled down enough to be able to continue talking to Minami without snapping back at her. “No, not yet. We should know more later today.”

“Has the time of death been established?”

“Based on the rigor mortis, must be less than six hours ago. We should know more when the coroner has had a look.”

As they walked through the scene, Minami observed her surroundings. There were quite an abundance of police around for a crime scene. “There are a lot of people on the crime scene… Aren’t you afraid your men might destroy some clues?” Of course. One should worry that tampering the evidence and traces left behind by the killer. Especially with the huge amount of individuals scattering around the area right now.

Blake scoffed. “You don’t find proof sitting behind a desk… and we’re not in the habit of trampling things into the ground, even if we’re not in the FBI.”

His voice sounded dangerously angry. Hoping she didn’t anger him, Minami waved her hands into the air. “No! No, of course not! That’s not what I meant-“

“Tony, I don’t want to see a single shit-stirring journalist within a mile of here, you got it?”

Journalists. She did remember seeing a news truck of some sort parked right outside when she first came with her car. Those news casters are so annoying. Always trying to snoop and gather as much information as possible, hoping to get money and fame from their 'amazing story highlights.'

“…” Minami also tried hard to resist sighing out loud at his attitude. This guy was getting on her nerves. Was she really to work with him? Oh how she wants to work with someone for once that won’t irritate her easily. She’s known to have a hot temper. Mentally face palming herself, she continued asking.

“Do you have any leads?”

“My men are going all over the scene with a fine-tooth comb. If the killer left anything behind, we’ll find it.”

He stopped walking and turned around to the agent. “Listen, I’m a little busy here. Why don’t we discuss all this a little later back at the office?”

Minami doesn’t seem at all surprise that he wanted to cut the conversation short. As long as she could get some distance between the two of them. She doesn't like hanging around this guy for too long. Only reason she was able to keep calm and keep her respect toward the lieutenant was because she had to work with him.

“No problem, I understand. Do you mind if I have a look around?”

“Be my guest!" he exclaimed, keeping his expression still like a brick wall. Then he approached toward Minami a couple of small steps, closing the distance between the two just a bit. "Hey, Takahashi-san, come and see me if you find anything, okay? We’re on the same team now.”

It almost took all of Minami's will just to not roll her eyes at him. She simply smiled back at him until he left her view. Once it was clear, she sighed loudly and scratched the back of her head. 'Jeez. Why do I have to work with this kind of guy...' Soon Minami placed the glasses and glove back on.

'Time to start on my investigation.'

There was an option for her to command with a simple downward movement of her gloved hand to scan the area around her surrounding. The scanning is able to pick up anything related toward the case or something abnormal from the setting. Able to cover about ten given feet radius around, it was useful for gathering clues at a rapid pace without having to get dirty.

She walked around, scanning the area for a couple minutes. Left and right she looked, yet no clues she has yet to spot or find. Walking and walking, she soon arrived a couple feet away from where the dead body of the victim was kept. A clue popped up from within her view. The orange circular outline floated up into the air with a couple of information floating right next to it. Data and graphs were seen as a single crucial molecule to identify the object hovered in the air as Minami approached.

"Some Orchid pollen... The concentration of pollen in the air is quickly decreasing because of the rain, but it gets higher in direction of the body," she mumbled as her gloved hand came up to touch the holographic data. A frown crossed her face while turning her head toward the small, white tent not too far from where she stood. The tent that held the boy's dead body. How lovely.

Minami decided to head over and examine the deceased body. With every step, she could feel her shoes splash against the puddles and wet dirt from beneath her body. But then a slam of dizziness whacked against the side of her head. It nearly caused her to stumble forward and fall, but she luckily caught herself. Not to mention save herself from embarrassment too. Straightening her posture and clearing her throat nervously, she bit the bottom of her lip. 'Oh no. The withdrawal effect is getting to me... I have to keep focus at the investigation at hand now.'

Keeping her mind away from need of the drug, she came upon the entrance of the small tent. The short girl bent down on her knees and pulled aside the white sheet. From her standpoint, she saw the victim on his back, unable to see his face. Besides, his face was covered with mud, so she wasn't able to clearly identify who exactly he is upon first glance.

"ARI, Comment: The victim is lying on his back. No visible signs of violence."

A normal investigator or detective would not be able to gather evidence easily at this particular scene. Thankfully though Minami has the ARI glasses. With it, she's able to gather traces of clues. Reaching her gloved hand out, she did one swift movement above the body. That action resulted in three clues outlined popping up from the victim's body. There were also two other evidences seen that she could easily pinpoint out.

Her gloved hand hovered over the side of the victim, reading the description.

"An orchid was placed on the victim's chest."

An orchid placed on the victim's chest... When she thought about it, it was the same type of orchid that she had just looked up and collected data not too long ago. Her eyebrows scrunched together, deep in thought. 'I'll have to look into it more later... The pollen that I've collected earlier could lead me back to its source if possible.'

She then picked up an origami near the body's right hand, examining it. It was an origami folded to a dog-shaped figure. Its white body and black ears were seen. (Exactly the one Mayu had just dreamed about)

"A small origami figure in the right hand... Fingers were probably closed after the time of death."

'Just like the other kids...' Shaking her head from disbelief, Minami trailed her eyes down to the body's lower portion. Specifically on the legs.

"Superficial wound on the right thigh. Blood analysis suggested it could be post-mortem. Probably a scratch that occurred when the body was being moved. The blood report indicates an advanced and long-lasting state of exhaustion."

'Long lasting exhaustion... And blood? There might be traces of blood around this area if the body was moved.... Might as well find tracks here since only the killer can drag this body to where he or she wanted it to be.' She glanced at his face. 

"His face is covered with mud... Like the other victims..."

All of these victims were killed in the same pattern, the same way, the same method, the same everything. Only difference was the kind of animal origami being folded and the location of where the body was found. Minami felt the corner of her mouth twitch, slight frustration crossing through her mind. This killer was very sneaky and it felt as though he or she was mocking them; especially the police force.

Her eyes wander over to the boy and identified him. "The victim is Jeremy Bowles. Declared missing five days ago. See reference file."

Reference file. The ARI glasses told her that she had to look it up in order to obtain more information. She plans on checking it when she comes back to the office. Getting up from her bending position, she closed the white curtains closed. Standing on her two feet, she decided to walk around some more to see if there are any more clues.

Her thoughts ran through her mind as she wandered around. 'The body was found adjacent from the nearby train tracks here in this area... Since the previous victims were placed in the same sort of situation near the tracks, could this tell me anything?' A quiet, angry groan slipped past her closed lips. 'The killer is just... It's like he or she knows what they're doing...'

Minami nearly bumped into a nearby officer unintentionally. Apologizing, she was instead replied with a glare from the man before he walked away. 'And... those damn polices. Way too many of them here. Why can't Blake understand that having too many cops will only tamper with the crime scene?'

She paused. 'Blake... He doesn't seem pleased when he saw me earlier... Ugh. Just thinking about him could give me headaches.'

The FBI agent then stepped upon the railroad track. To her luck, not a single police came over to this area. 'Thank god! I was going to go mad if they mess up anymore than they should.' Immediately she found what she was looking for. Bending down from where she was standing, blue color highlights the dried blood in between the two railings.

"ARI Comment: Traces of blood on the railroad track... Analysis confirms it comes from the victim." And to make her morning feel a bit more luckier, she found yellow highlighted footprints just a foot or two away from where she stood. Quickly she walked over and examined. "The footprints continue just after the pollen trail... There's a good chance that they're the killer's."

Following the traces of footprints, it shortly came upon a metal fence that blocked the steep hill on the other side. Blood was seen highlighted from her vision. "ARI, Comment: There are traces of blood on the fence behind the railroad line. It comes from the victim. The killer came this way with the body and probably grazed it on his way through the fence."

'Urgh. Do I really have to really climb up the hill?' She looked up and swear she could cry just from seeing how high it actually was. 'Oh man. It doesn't look like I have a choice, do I?' Hesitating, she climbed up.

One by one, her hands reached out to grab a stable, firm edge parts of the hill in order to keep herself from tumbling backward. Though it took a while for her, she finally reached up her goal. And that goal was seen to be a highway just to her left. With a quick scan she created, even more footprints and tire tracks popped up. She went over to the tracks and kneel down, touching the ground with the tip of her fingers.

"ARI Comment: Tire tracks on the side of the road behind the railroad line. It may be the killer's car-"

Water suddenly splashed onto her. Alarmed, she rapidly got up and glared at the cause of her wetness. A car just drove right by at such high speed and ran over a huge water puddle at her direction. Angry, she flicked them off and almost wanted to yell out a couple of cussing words. (Rather she ended up substituting them with less effective wordings)"UGH. Don't you dare make me come after you, you son of a b-b-....BRICK!!!"

Pissed off, she didn't waste any moment getting back down on the railroad tracks. Though she stumbled and nearly tripped a couple times on her way down the steep hill, she made it safely. Apart from her wet clothing that is. And since there isn't much else to investigate, she decided to converse with the cops.

In a couple minutes, she was now standing in front of two very random police men that she has never met or known before. Hoping to strike up a conversation, she began talking to them.

"It's pretty chilly, isn't it fellas?" she commented as she rubbed her two hands together.

Silence. She didn't receive a single word or reply from them. Feeling slightly embarrassed and wondering if she asked such a bizzare statement, she spotted one of the men holding a plastic cup. Steam was wafting up from the cup. Just staring at it could make one want to drink something hot at this time of the weather. "Is that a, uh... coffee you're drinking sir?"

That finally caught their attention and made the two men turn their attention to the shorter girl. "If you want some coffee, just grab some from the thermos behind," he said as he pointed his thumb behind. Then as though Minami didn't exist, they resumed back to conversing with each other.

'So much for trying to bring up a conversation...' She exhaled loudly and slowly made her way over to the folding table. There were a couple of plastic cups with a single thermos containing coffee. Coffee. It was one of many favorite drinks that Minami always had. Or at least had in order to keep her addiction down for just a short amount of time.

Pouring it into her cup, she could smell the bitterness from the liquid. She doesn't look comfortable and sensed that the coffee won't be as good as she expected it to be. So Minami only poured a menial amount into her cup. Then she downed down the cup, making a disgusted face when she finished. 'I'm NEVER having that type of coffee ever again in my life. Seriously. What kind of brand was that?!'

Her tongue stuck out of her mouth, hoping that the rain would wash the aftertaste. While she did that, she saw Lieutenant Blake appearing from the corner of her eyes. She retracted her tongue back inside her mouth quickly and ran up to him. Blake saw Minami and halted. "I'm heading back to the office. You staying?" he asked her. The agent responded back with a nod. "Yes sir."

"Alright then. I'm going to stay here for a bit longer, so go on ahead first. I'll see you later."

Next chapter will move back to Mayu's POV for the moment.  :stuffed:

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 5
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 01:33:39 AM »
Aaaah ~~ Thanks youuuu ♥ ,  Tajamina is so ...so....  cool **.

(I'm really bad for give comment ~~ )

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:20 AM »
Takami a is so cool!!!!
I hope the killer is  ot Mayuyu or Yukirin

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »
The more i read this,the more i get scared by the bad thing that slowly come to mayu's

I really hate it how yuki thread mayu,she should worried for her...
Please yuki,please comeback with mayu,i have a bad feeling that something bad will happen with jurina,but mostly to mayu aaah~ scary
And if yuki keep that state,she will lost mayu too (but looks like she doesn't care about mayu) how sad

I want to know what happen next~

Thank for the update
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »
This a thrill chapter ! :D

Please Update :D
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »
@kahem: You'll never know~ Maybe they are~ Maybe they're not~  :hehehe:

@kurogumi: You'll just have to keep on waiting for future chapters aside from this~ And I'm sure this chapter will spice things up, hehe~  :kekeke:

Thanks for the comments and appreciate them as always! Fast upload is always good, neh? (Actually, I've already typed out the chapters, but was just too lazy posting them up, kukuku~) Wanted to quickly get this up either way before my school work starts tumbling down on me like pouring rain.  :gyaaah:

Anyway, it might be a while before we see the next upload on this fiction as I am working on a Valentine's Day OS. (And my other two fictions which are coming along S-L-O-W-L-Y)

[Chapter 6]

A couple days later, I had to visit the psychotherapist in Tokyo. An old friend of mine, Shinoda Mariko, was willing to take me in and watch over me without payment during these past two years. Especially after my divorce with Yuki....

"A... butterfly," I mumbled when I saw an image of a butterfly-like black shade over the white light. I was laying down on the bed, required to tell the therapist what I was seeing. She wanted to make sure that I didn't receive any further damage within my brain. Who knows what an accident can do to one.

The next picture flashed by and showed a wolf-like image. Or maybe it was a fox? There was a small pause before I chose to answer 'a wolf.' Another image. A crab I say. Then came the last slide. It was unfamiliar for the shape was something I have never seen. Personally I felt that this sort of shape was never seen in reality. But the words flew out of my mouth while I pondered upon it. "Death... Death staring into the pit of my soul..." No comment about that answer. I didn't even know why that came out of my mouth. But it was spoken and recorded so I just hope Mariko wouldn't ask me questions about why I had chosen that answer.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Mariko raise her hand up into the air. A small two-button clicker was in her hand. Her thumb pressed upon one of the two buttons and soon the closed shades all around the room unfolded themselves. Bright, white light from the city outside was seen slipping  inside of the room. Rooftops and the bustling honking of horns from all sorts of vehicles were heard. My eyes automatically squinted from the sudden brightness.

After adjusting my vision for a brief moment, I sat up on the edge of the bed I was on. I could see Mariko sitting by her desk, typing away on the nearby laptop. Then the keyboard sound stopped for a moment. Her hand soon shifted over to the nearby clipboard; the sound of pen scratching on the surface of the paper. And back again to her laptop. "I have the results of your MRI scans. Everything seems to be normal." Mariko's pen began tapping on the white hard surface of her desk. It hit with a steady, consistent pattern as she spoke. "However... I'm worried about your psychological condition..."

Those words weren't surprising to hear at all. Most of my friends knew the state I was in and felt sorry for me. Ha. That's pretty funny, isn't it? As much as my friends and family wanted to help me, there was absolutely nothing they can do. They can persuade me by force but I still retain my sadness and grief. A dry chuckle slipped past my closed lips, closing my eyes. I opened them and got up from my seat, walking over to the chair across from Mariko. Sitting down, she continued to speak. "I know it's not easy but you've got to start over, Mayu. You're not responsible for what happened."

Those words pierced right at my heart when I heard them.

No. Those words won't help me at all. I'll never be able to start over. Not at all. There's no way I can ever do that. It's impossible. "It's my fault Ayame is dead," I replied bitterly as I took my seat. My body leaned forward slightly as my hands crossed over each other on top of my legs. My eyes didn't look directly at Mariko. I was staring blankly at the lower part of the white desk. Just... staring. Thinking deep within the back of my mind. "She'd still be alive if I'd been looking out for her."

Mariko sympathetic eyes stared directly at my direction. A soft sigh came from her. "It was an accident. Accidents happen every day. You can't blame yourself forever for your daughter's death." So much easier for her to say. She hasn't been in my shoes yet she dares tell me that I should just get over with it in a professional manner. Of course. That's her job. Her job to reassure the patients that their life will be a-okay when really it's like living in hell.

Silence came between the two of us. I didn't bother to give a reply back to her advice. After that small pause, Mariko then asked, "How is Jurina? It's been a while since I've last seen her." Surprised by the sudden question, I looked up and saw her expression become serious unlike her usual laid back one.

Mariko hasn't been married yet despite her age. In her late 20s, she is still single as her relationship status. Maybe it must be a blessing or curse for her to be in that position. A blessing that she doesn't have to deal with keeping her husband/wife happy. (Not that I'm trying to state that I hate treating Yukirin well! I really do love her to death!) A curse for she has no one stand by her side. Either way, she has always visited my home and gone out for lunch with me in the past when I still was a trainee in the hospital. She has taught well and was very supportive. I can say that she's like a... sensei to me.

She's bias toward Jurina out of my two daughters. Though she loves Ayame, she usually tends to give Jurina a little more special treatment than the other girl. Nothing wrong with that, of course. This is her opinion and I have no right to manipulate it. Mariko would always play around with the two girls and pull pranks on their parents; trolling the two of us whenever they have a chance. But after the incident, all contact between my surviving daughter and Mariko was lost. And truly Mariko was most worried about Jurina's condition.

I exhaled loudly through my nose and shifted my seating position uncomfortably. "I know for a fact that she's really... unhappy. She just... can't understand why I seem unable to love her.... When really I love her so much..."

The expression on Mariko's face darken just slightly when I finished my sentences. A faint 'hmm' could be heard from her direction. Her hands came up to the bottom of her chin, squinting her eyes. It doesn't seem like she likes my answer, but it was expected for she didn't say anymore about Jurina.

"And what about you? What do you feel?"

"Honestly... I stopped living at the same time Ayame did.... When the car ran into us." True to my words, I felt like a living corpse upon this land. After Ayame had died, god knows how much my attitude has changed. Drinking excessively and unable to cope depression is what I've been doing best. Ha. That should be my job over the time I've been barely working at the hospital.

A concerned expression flashed across her face. "Mayu..." She doesn't seem to known how to respond back. She's probably worried that she might slip a sensitive word out. "Is there something else you wanted to tell me, Mayu?" she decided to instead ask the last question, hinting that the session with her is about to end.

I thought for a bit. Is there really anything else I can talk to her about? My mind looked back in its memory bank and instantly remembered the blackout events. The dream that I've been seeing. Dreams that were so vivid that it felt like reality.

"I sometimes have these blackouts. Times when I don't know what I'm doing. I recover consciousness some time later but I'm some place else... and I have no idea how I got there in my dream. Do you think it could be related to the accident?"

Mariko's eyebrows were raised up from her face. Confusion was seen on her facial expression. "You suffered a massive concussion and were in a coma for three full months. We really don't know what effect a shock like that can have on the brain." The human brain is the most unique part of our human anatomy features. We barely understand more than half of its capability. Unknown to us. So when it has been tampered or affected, who knows what damaging effects it can have upon the very crucial part of our brain.

When I didn't speak or ask  anymore questions, she gently smiled at me. "That's the end of this session. We'll continue this conversation next week."  I shrugged my shoulders at her statement. Looks like my therapy session won't be over any time soon despite it already being two years.

I bowed my head to her and gave her my thanks. But before I was about to take my leave, I heard her say something to me once more. "You were lucky, Mayu. It's very rare to survive such a traumatic accident."

Another stab to my heart. This person really doesn't understand how I feel. Turning my head to her, I faked a smile. "I don't exactly feel lucky, Doctor Shinoda."

----------

Tuesday, 4:10 PM. Here I am, with my daughter Jurina sitting next to me on this wooden bench. We were sitting inside of the park, watching the other parents and their kids play around. Having fun as shown on their faces. After my therapy session with Mariko, I decided to pick up Jurina from school and take her to the nearby park for a bit of relaxation. There was a playground within it. Something to help keep her mind off of the situation at hand and more on having fun. Maybe I can also use this time to build our bonds. If that would ever happen that is.

My eyes glanced to my left and saw that Jurina was quiet. Dressed in her dark green jacket and green pants, she had this... blank expression on her face. Her small legs were rocking back and forth, each passing by each other. She didn't look at me. No, not at all. Her gaze were at a completely different direction from where I was sitting. Sighing, I looked up into the sky and saw the depressing atmosphere it carried. I thank the rainy season oh so very much. Thank you very much for such perfect setting.

Hoping to strike up a conversation with my very own daughter, I leaned forward from my seat and turned my attention back to Jurina. "Is something the matter, Jurina?" I asked. There was a short pause from her. Her eyes. They were looking down, full of sadness and emotions just waiting to spill out from her mouth. But she flicked her eyes back up at me and dully responded, "No. I'm alright..." The expression on her face didn't change for the slightest bit apart from her eyes. The same emotionless facial expression. Slightly hurt, I tossed in another topic.

"H-How is school today?"

"The teacher yelled at me for being late again. She's going to send me home the next time it happens."

That struck my heart again once more. I drove her to school in the morning and since our relationship haven't been on the healthy zone, she's constantly late for her first class. The teacher she has isn't the kind of person that would show sympathy or even pity. Rather she only cared about the paycheck and school ending. So to hear that Jurina has been scolded and threatened to be returned home by the teacher stabbed at me.

"I'm sorry about that Jurina.... I promise this won't happen again."

No response. She probably was angry at me from what I perceive. Or rather disappointed. My eyebrows in a slanted position with sadness, I then decided to go on another different topic.

"Do you want to eat something?"

Silence again.

Biting the bottom of my lip, I glanced over at our surrounding. I saw the kids still having fun.

"Aren't you going to play with the other kids?"

No response yet again-wait. A pause. "I don't feel like it..." Jurina answered in a dull voice.

Then it fell upon us again. The awkward silence that came in between us. And this time, I'm unsure of what to say in order to engage a conversation. My eyes darted back at Jurina to still see her staring into space. She doesn't look like she's going to do anything if I keep on speaking to her like this. Maybe if there were some actual actions I can prompt her into joining with me? I examined the entire playground through my view. Some ideas were brewing in my mind of what I can do with Jurina.

So without any hesitation, I got up from my seat and brushed my brown jacket and blue jeans of any dust and dirt. My vision roamed around the playground, soon finding a nearby seesaw. I widen my eyes just slightly as I approached towards it. "I haven't been on a seesaw in a long time...." I said, my hands pushing one side of it downward. The other part of the seesaw went upward and into the air instead. Glancing over at Jurina, I waved to her. "Do you want to ride on the seesaw for a bit?"

Thank god I finally got to see Jurina flash a smile at me. It wasn't the kind of smile that she used to have, but it was a smile at least. Just the small, barely visible pure angelic smile that will always brighten my rough day. In a matter of seconds, Jurina was now sitting on one side of the seesaw. Her hands were securely holding onto the handle. "Make me fly, dad!" Her cheerful voice made me feel... happy.

Then for once just like her, I smiled at her. A pure smile that truly showed my happiness. Or maybe it was just a relieved smile? Who knows. I sat on my side and soon, the two of us were going up and down into the air. Jurina's giggles were heard. She's having fun. I'm glad she is.

After a couple good minutes spent on the seesaw, we then moved onto the merry-go-round equipment. "Juri, I bet you that I'll spin this so fast you'll fly off." I swear Jurina just raised her eyebrows at my direction with a smirk. "Really. I challenge you then dad." Quickly she hopped onto one of the many seats. I stood right next to her, warning her to hold onto the metal railings for safety.

"Yes yes, I understand daddy. Now spin this thingie around!" Chuckling, I heeded to her command and pushed it. Spinning this playground equipment around, the speed of the merry-go-round got faster and faster. It went so fast to the point I wasn't able to catch up with it and left Jurina on the spinning mechanic. Her squeals of happiness and joy resonated into the air. I took a couple steps back, waiting for it to stop entirely.

It soon stopped and Jurina hopped off of the ride. The little girl stumbled around the place, dizzy. "Wow... That's really one experience..." she commented, swaying left and right. I quickly caught her right before she fell forward. Then something surprising happened.

A hug. A hug from Jurina. A hug from none other than my very own daughter. Her arms encircled around my waist and she rested her chin on top of my left shoulder. I felt a light squeeze coming from her, in which I returned the same treatment to her. The warmth from her body made me feel... 'fuzzy' on the inside. Makes me feel really happy and glad to have her by my side. Happy to feel this way. Happy to have Jurina slowly open up to me once more. A stupid smile was probably on my face now.

Once we separated, I decided to buy her a snack. To my right, there were a small vendor that sold candies. Specifically chewies. Hoping to make Jurina's day even better, I bought her a packet of strawberry-flavored chewies.

My daughter's eyes sparkled when she saw the snack being offered to her from me. "For me? Really dad?" I laughed and ruffled the top of her head with my other hand. "Of course silly Juri. I'm sure you like strawberry, right?" I was met with a nod and a thanks from her. She took the bag and although didn't open it, kept it in her hands. It seems like she doesn't want to eat it right now.

We played on the playground for about thirty minutes. Then I thought we should start heading home now. Besides, it looks like it's going to rain massively thanks to the rainy season currently. "Jurina? I think we should go home now." I didn't even have to explain for she knew exactly what might happen next. Bouncing off from the bottom of the slide, she walked over to the same bench that we sat on earlier. "Okay dad."

That adorable little girl. It must be near impossible for me to receive such blessing from the heavens above to have such a cute daughter (aside from Ayame, that is). Following right behind Jurina, she took her backpack and slung it on her back.

"You know," Jurina began to speak. My focus came onto her, showing to her that I'm paying attention. "Sometimes I remember before... I mean when Ayame was still here... Sometimes I wish everything could be just the way it was before."

The words that came out of her mouth felt as though she penetrated me with multiple rocks. Felt as though my heart could've stopped in place. I looked at her direction as my hand touched the bottom of my chin. Jurina had her back facing me. Now that I look at her... It looked as though she is much smaller than ever before. I gulped and approached right up to her. Placing my hand on top of her shoulder, I whispered just loud enough for us two to hear. "Me too, Jurina... Me too..."

Both of us didn't utter another word and started leaving the park. But the silence between the two of us were short-lived for Jurina was caught staring at a nearby carousel from our left. Our walking slowed down to a stop. Ahead of her, I looked behind to see her smiling. Her hands on the straps of her backpack with that glee expression. Looks like she wanted to ride on the carousel. "Can I ride on it daddy? Can I? Can I?" Though her actions don't express how she's feeling, just the tone of her words could show the revived energy she use to have. Chuckling, I pat the top of her shoulder and nodded. "Go on ahead. I'll get the ticket."

In a flash, she was riding on top of a white decorative horse. Jurina was hugging the golden pole that held the horse in place; responsible for the movements of going up and down. She waved over at my direction and usher me to hurry and pay. How very impatient Jurina is when she wants to have fun. With that thought in mind, a grin broke through my face once again.

After I had paid the nearby vendor that sold the tickets, he began the carousel ride. The mechanic did its job, going around in a slow, but steady circular motion. Steadily moving in a counter clockwise motion. Every time Jurina spots me, she waves happily at my direction. I waved back with a smile on my face. The happiness I'm feeling from deep within. Is this what I was yearning for in these painful, hard two years?

Suddenly, my vision went blurry. I blinked, rubbing my eyes with my right arm. No good. The scenario around me was going out of proportion. Dizziness soon accompanied my head. I turned away from Jurina and shook my head in hopes it would go away. That doesn't seem to work either. It may actually make it worse though. Then I closed my eyes.

----------

I opened my eyes to find myself in the center of the street. Rain. Rain was pouring down upon me heavily from up above. Looking up at the sky, I saw the dark clouds covering up the night sky. My eyes examined my surrounding, noticing that the streetlights were turned on. Not a single person and vehicles in the area. The feeling of deja vu. The familiar setting. No. Don't tell me that it's this dream again. But is it really a dream though?

Bright white light. A bright white light shined upon my face. I squinted from such thing being aimed at my face. But immediately, I noticed that it was a truck from ahead. Its honks were blaring as it swivelled to the right of the road in order to avoid crashing into me. I leapt to the side, rolling a couple of times. Once I stopped rolling, I pushed myself up to my two feet. I'm relieved that I didn't get hit, but... If this is reality...

My eyes widen in horror. "Jurina. Where is Jurina?"

I soon found myself running through the rain. My clothes were drenched thanks to the rain pounding down upon my body, but it didn't slow me down. I kept on running to the park where we had just been a couple seconds ago. Fear gripped my chest and tugged on it painfully. Worries and panic took over my system. I was unable to think straight; the only thought running through my mind is 'Jurina Jurina Jurina.'

"Where could she be?" I breathed heavily as I slowly closed the distance between the park and I. There was no one. Not a single person in the park. Not surprising since it's nightfall already but how could it be at this time of the day already that fast? I didn't bother to think about the logic for my mind was too occupied with Jurina. If I lost her-no. Please, Mayu. Think positively. Jurina couldn't have run off without telling me, right? She's only been on the carousel the last time I saw her. Shaking my head, I was now inside of the park. Left and right, there is no sign of Jurina.

I rushed over to the carousel as fast as possible. The book bag. The book bag that Jurina has always worn was lying on the ground. Seeing that familiar object that Jurina has always worn for school didn't improve my panic meter. If she isn't with her backpack... Was she truly taken away by someone? Kidnapped perhaps? No. I gritted my teeth together. I can't think of that. She must've gone home by herself, right? Yeah. That's right. She was smart enough to fend for herself if a stranger approached to her without my consent. An 11 year old girl like her is smart enough to know that.

Without wasting any precious moment, I sprinted back to my house.

The door slammed forward when I rammed my body into it. It flung open violently. Not caring whether I had damaged this one piece of the house, I briskly traveled to all sorts of possible places in the house. "JURINA!" I hollered out her name as I went to all over the first floor. I flicked on every single light that was able to be turned on when I passed by. She's not in the kitchen. she's not in the living room. She's not in the laundry room. She's nowhere to be found on this floor.

Maybe she must've gone to bed or stayed in her bedroom, unable to hear my screaming voice constantly calling out to her. Up stairs. The second floor. I made a mad dash up to the area, smashing open her bedroom's door. "Jurina!" Her presence was not felt in her safe haven in this household. Alarmed, I backed away quickly and went inside both the bathroom and my room. Still, despite my attempts at trying to find her, she was nowhere to be found.

In my last resort, I burst out of the house through the backdoor. Rain once again fell upon my already-wet body. Frantically I scanned my surroundings, only to find no one but me myself standing. My lone self standing all alone on the road.

That did it for me. With a cry of anger and sadness over losing my daughter, I fell down to my knees. Sobbing, I went down on all four, crying my heart out. How could I have lose her? How could I? First Ayame and now Jurina. I'm a bad father. I should never deserve this life. I should be punished. "JURINA!" I wailed out and brought my head close to my chest; chin touching upon it. Just when I thought things were soon going the way I wanted it to be. Being on the right track. And here I am, alone without the knowledge of where my daughter is. I shook my head, unable to stop my body from shuddering at both the coldness and pain.

Little did I know though that just when I had dropped down on all four, an origami figure slipped past my hand. Now on the ground nearby, it was the same figure that I had seen in my dream. The figure of a white dog with black ears folded neatly.

Next chapter will be on Takahashi Minami once again!  :hee:

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: How Far Are You Prepared To Go? [Mayuki] - Chapter 6
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
Ow... Ow... - try to  not cry -

I knew that it will happened but... çwç... ow. Jurina.

-pat Mayu's back - Ganbatte. çwç.

Offline jell_o_jello

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:08 AM »
Thanks for the update.
I really love your writing and how you describe the feelings and thoughts of the character. I know it's a lot of effort to write this much for a chapter. Really, thank you!

Now, on the story: no, not again. Mayu will never get through it if it repeats again. Please, noooooo :bleed eyes:

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 01:37:08 AM »
NO!!!! JURINA!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lunkhead - Shiroi Koe