JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nine Muses - Miss Agent

Author Topic: [CHI] Fala Chen  (Read 61493 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Fala Chen
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »
Shaking that little ass on the catwalk!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »
Fala Chen is most happy when in receipt of film fee

Yesterday Fala Chen took part in a promotional event for the release of the Lunar New Year film, ‘I Love Hong Kong. ’ held at a shopping mall in Tsuen Wan. There has been a lot rumours resolving around how the actors and actresses are paid for these Lunar New Year comedies. In the past, the New Year film ’72 Tenants’, were rumoured that those taking part were paid in red packet ‘lucky’ envelope with money rather than proper fee payment.

Many artists attended the promotional event and had fun participating in New Year games. Fala played a game where she had to write New Year messages in Chinese calligraphy. Whilst Fala was writing, her left hand was on her chest, Vivien Yao laughed and revealed that Fala was copying the Chinese characters from one of the film flyers. Embarrassed Fala just laughed out and commented that her top was especially for today and in support of the film.

The media talked to Fala about her fees for the film, she replied: “The fees were agreed with this film is on par with other films I have accepted, no different.” She explained that the fee is based upon the number of film scenes she is in. She was in 6 film scenes and worked with Sandra Ng, who had the most scenes. Fala has full confidence in the box office ratings for this film as the plot of the film is based upon Hong Kong lifestyle and properties in Hong Kong. She hoped to gain many support from people in Hong Kong.

Reporters asked about Eric Tsang and when he will return to help with these promotional events, Fala answered: “Eric has a lot of family things to sort out so we are helping out as much as we can in terms of promoting this film. Eric has put a lot of effort in this film so it’s the least we can do.” When asked if Fala has contacted Eric, she replied: “I will do, but later, because he is very busy right now, it’s on my mind to contact him soon.”

Finally, Fala revealed that she will be in the U.S for this Lunar New Year period and plan to visit her parents. When asked if she will bring her boyfriend, she answered: “I do not have that plan at the moment.” Finally Fala revealed that if the opportunity arises then she will go and visit her boyfriend’s family in the New Year.

Source: Singtao
Translated By: Elvina Chang @ TVB News World

PLUS!! as premiered on The Communist Show (only on :hipheart: Radio) her new song! 愛情轉駁 (Links To Temptation)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 02:32:11 AM »
Brain Power and Muscle :fap

Fala does not sing at home

Fala Chen was invited as a special performer for an electronic company presentation evening last night. She wore a glitzy shift dress and sang some classic songs. Many guests were more familiar with Fala and her acting rather than her singing. One of the most anticipated TVB series ‘Grace Under Fire’ will be airing soon and Fala has been busy filming and doing promotional work. Therefore the plan for the release of Fala’s first solo album will be scheduled for the latter half of the year. Asked if boyfriend complimented on Fala’s singing, Fala revealed: “My home does not have any sound proofing so I rarely practise singing there and go to my singing teacher’s studio instead.” Asked if she is living with boyfriend, Fala did not give a direct reply. She continued that she does not want to practise singing at home as she is afraid of disturbing her neighhours. She further revealed that her living quarters in Hong Kong are not too spacious. When asked if Fala’s record label is sending her down ‘rich singer path’, she laughed: “Small singer’s path? I am going down the ‘Fala’s path’ and I do not know whether it will suit any dance choreography or going down the sexy route.”

Source: Mingpao
Translated By: Elvina Chang @ TVB News World

Mayonnaise Color Benz, I push Miracle WHIPS!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 06:06:22 AM »
FALA SHORT HAIR!!

Maggie Cheung and Jessica Hsuan cut their hair short to play a police woman, now it's Fala Chen's turn.

The TVB actress will lead new drama along with Michael Tse in <潛行狙擊>. Playing a madam this time, she has to cut her hair short in order to fit the role well. She attended to an event with her new look today and expressed she just cut it.

"Even my boyfriend hasn't seen this new look," she said. "I miss my long hair though. It's my first time appearing in short hair since I stepped into the showbiz."

There are reports saying she indirectly admitted she and boyfriend are married, Fala said she won't reply to these reports anymore.

"I don't want my personal life to be the focus."

Translated by: Kay's Entertainment

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »
TOPLESS :shock:

for TVB Magazine

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 01:12:16 AM »
why so shiny baby

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »

Fala Chen complains complains homes are too expensive, wants a sponsor

Yesterday Fala Chen attended an event, and expressed she just completed both a film and TV series. Asked if she’ll take the opportunity to go on vacation with her boyfriend? She said: “I have thought about a vacation with my mom, but if there are more people coming along, that’s OK. I haven’t decided where to go, even if we go to the ends of the earth, will still bump into people. I want to be more free, wearing flip flops walking everywhere. In fact, it’s fine seeing tourist, but they post the pictures immediately on the internet, and let everyone know.”

Fala expressed the her time here out is focused more on attending relaxing events and frankly expressed she hopes to get a ‘housing’ sponsor: “Homes are too expensive now, I am still renting. (Your boyfriend owns a home?) That’s only him. (You two aren’t living together?) I am not answering this question.” She said her dream house is a big house that is 1,000 square feet, unfortunately the prices are too high now and expressed must make careful investments.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU [/i]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
LEGS FOR DAZE!

just ignore the douche

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »
SHE SO BADASS! in the lives of omission show on TVB

Telling this guy YOU A BIG ZERO!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 02:28:48 AM »
pimping DAT hit!! YAWOOOOOOO so hot in leopard print :w00t:

Yesterday Bosco Wong, Kate Tsui, Michael Tse and Fala Chen TVB new series Lives of Omission took part in the promotional event. Wayne Lai supports Bosco for this year's TV King title, Bosco expressed that he has learned a lot from Wayne over the years, and has always seen him as his 'See Fu'. When he heard that this veteran supports him, he was very happy and said: "I never thought about awards, just carry a normal heart. I am a person who does not mind, the most important is that the series is popular and gets good ratings."

just wait until she starts making out with Laughing GOR!!

Offline diav

• Member+
[CHI] Fala Chen
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 03:12:54 AM »
Fala Chen!! <33333
I don't like some of the characters she plays, but she was really good in Moonlight Resonance. :D

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 10:27:49 AM »
^ tbh, I haven't really watched ANY of her acting, prolly fast forward to the action scenes :lol:

BUT SHIT. in LoO she's a bad ass female boss cop xD

and speaks great englsih, think she grew up here

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
lol Tin Wah so old.

Fala Chen & Michael Tse become a hot couple team

The other night, Michael Tse and Fala Chen were both presented with the most trendy icon award by the magazine JESSICA CODE. The two both expressed their current TVB series Lives of Omission brought them the honor with a high exposure rate lately. Their jobs are greatly increasing. Michael expressed because of his 'Laughing' role, he has been earning a slightly higher income than before. Recently, people often chase after him asking about the storyline, he said: "Whenever people see me, besides taking pictures and greetings, they will ask me about the storyline. I often answer them by saying I lost my memory and don't remember because I feel that there's no point in watching if you know the story. Also, it won't be as fun to watch. This time there are clearly more male fans taking the initiative to ask me for pictures, which I haven't experienced before."

As it was reported that his wife is pregnant, Michael helplessly said: "There were some magazines that wrote this, perhaps because the magazines want to entertain readers. If my wife is pregnant, I will definitely notify everyone. Of course I do have plans to have kids, but the priority now is I must earn more money first, so I can ensure my children's future." Is Michael rushed? He said: "Both of our families have never been rushed. As for my wife and I, we are still completely enjoying the life of just the two of us."

Fala expressed lately there have been many advertisers asking her and Michael to attend events together. Besides Hong Kong, there are also several in Mainland too. The two practically see each other every other day. Towards the Mainland PRC 'limit order', limiting HK and Taiwan artists to appear on Mainland TV programs? Fala said: "The limit just applies to variety shows, we are just attending business events, shouldn't be related or affected." Asked if there is an appearance money increase for them to appear as a 'couple team'? She said: "My manager discuss the prices, I am not too sure myself. The most important is the more jobs the better and to have audience acceptance." Is Fala's boyfriend jealous of her intimate scenes with Michael? Fala laughed: "No jealousy. There aren't any intimate scenes, just that one CPR scene, which is not considered an intimate scene. Rescuing and kissing are are different feeling, thus isn't embarrassing when we shoot."

Yesterday Fala also attended another cell phone event. Usually, she loves taking photos with her phone. Asked if she has any photos that can't be in the light? She joked: "I'm afraid of sunshine, so I won't be in the light." Although Fala is really careless and often losing her phone, she is not worried her photos would leak out to the public because every time she finishes taking photos on her phone, she would transfer them to her computer when she gets home and then delete them. Also, even if her computer breaks, she won't get it repaired. She would rather buy a new one to avoid leaking out her privacy.

Translator: aZnangel @ AEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »
Droppin an album?? why not she already did TVB soundtracks.

Stars Shine's artists Fala Chen, Linda Chung, Joyce Cheng, Alfred Hui and Elanne Kong got together to attend a special ceremony to celebrate newly joined artist Hubert Hu (from The Voice). TVB executive Virgina Lok and Calvin Choy and his wife were also present to show their support. Also, Alfred Hui was presented with the Gold Disc acknowledgement at the celebration.

Soon to step into the music scene, Fala Chen reveals she has already recorded two songs. When asked if her boyfriend (Sit Sai Hang) got to hear it first? She said: "I haven't let anyone hear the songs yet, it's a business secret. (Do you have any privileges to go out traveling to shoot the album cover?) Why would I? Any girl wants to a beautiful cover, so I do hope I can go on a trip to do the cover shoot."

Elanne had just got off her flight from Singapore and rushed over to the event. Since Fala and Elanne are releasing their albums around the same time, Elanne is not worried the resources used on her album would be reduced. When speaking of the earlier Mainland incident where she was left abandoned on the high way by an angry driver? She said: "It's the past, leave it. I don't plan to take any further action, just considered me bad luck. Not long after, I was filming and got hurt, but the bad luck should be over now."

Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

CHARITY!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
dropping TRACKS!! Queens of Diamonds and Hearts song, reminds me of Charlene Choi of Twins lol
陳法拉 - 缺陷美 (東西宮略主題曲)

new to me, I think this is playing now on Fairchild

Fala Chen Exclusive Interview: Gives It All She Got Into Acting

When TV series fans start watching a few episodes of TVB's Queens of Diamonds and Hearts (QDH), they will notice that Fala Chen plays the 'nth' version of Chung Mo Yim and really gave it all she got. She broke her on and off screen beautiful image for the role. Fala has a habit of having high expectations on herself, and because of this series, she got herself both mentally and physically really nervous, which resulted in a period of illnesses. After taking a few months break, she understands the true meaning of being an artist. In the future, aside from working hard, she also hopes to improve her acting.

In the first episode, we see Fala's exaggerated thick eyebrows, it turns out that Fala allowed the makeup artist to put on a fake eyebrow on her: "This is a very rough Chung Mo Yim because she came from the mountains. I am not afraid of making myself look ugly because Chung Mo Yim is like that. As she is ugly, no one likes her and discriminates her. This is why there is the Chung Mo Yim story."

Designed the Red Birthmark

Although QDH is a comedy, Fala does not treat it carelessly, she will put in her heart and soul into it. For example, the red birthmark on her face is in the shape of the ancient Country of Qi's (Chai Kwok) map. The birthmark was jointly designed by Fala herself and a designer: "I gave a lot of input, this is a kind of participation, I like this. It creates a better work atmosphere, and allows me to get more into the work. Of course, the producer has to approve it too, but at least I had the heart. Also, the most important is to have communication. The other cast and I designed many of the little tricks and gimmicks to make the roles more interesting."

Comedy Effect Difficult to Grasp

First time taking on heavy screen time, Fala frankly expressed she was especially nervous. From the costume design to the acting and the dialogue, she was very on top of it all. Especially the ancient dialogue, it became the greatest burden to this Miss Chinese International who came from the US. "Aside from hoping to be able to say the lines, I also hope to be able to act it all out and be in character. Before when the roles were given to me, I would just go act it out, and wouldn't think too much. This time, I really have a lot to reflect on, really using my brain." Fala said she didn't have a special method to practice, but the people around her have all been good teachers: "Louis Yuen is so smart, his Chinese is so good and his handwriting is beautiful! Sometimes I ask the director and other times I would call up the scriptwriter in the middle of the night. I written all over my script of the correct enunciation. However, I have to completely understand the 'four character phrases', understand the meaning, before I can actually remember them and use them in the correct way. Otherwise, next time when I see them again, what I say make any sense!"

Fala reveals the first half of the series will be relaxed and lighthearted, but the drama will gradually start in the later half, there will be a mix of tragedy and comedy. "When doing comedies, you must concentrate on it even more, just let it all go and forget about yourself. However, when shooting the last section of the series, it was very difficult for me because the scenes started getting heavier and heavier. As Chung Mo Yim, Ha Ying Chun (Sharon Chan) and Emperor Chai (Roger Kwok) will get into a confusion of spirits, we had to exchange roles. The plot was fun, but the acting was difficult. The tone, emotions and personalities were all in a huge confusion, so full concentration is necessary. Had to be mentally focused, otherwise you'll start acting as yourself again. Up until now, I still have yet to understand the trick in the series, not sure how to grasp the comedy effect."

A Pot Full of Pressure

In 2005, Fala participated in Miss Chinese International and won second runner-up. Since then, Fala joined TVB and have developed an interest for acting. In the past several years, she had always had high expectations on herself, been hard working and because of this, last year when she was shooting this series, she hoped to do more than what others expected of her. "I have high expectations on myself, but that does not mean I can do it! I have a lot of ideas, but I am not confident that I could do it."

Eventually she had a pot full of pressures, one day when she was doing her makeup, her entire body couldn't bulge at all. Sometimes she felt a stab of pain on the side of her face, it felt like she was getting burned. One time, when she was speaking her lines, she suddenly forgot everything. Fala said she has gotten back up on her feet, and that it was frightening: "In fact, I couldn't find the reason for my illness. I believe my feelings and body were affected. Since youth, I had been thin and weak, also because of fatigue and the stress, I just could not physically handle it at the time. I was really unhappy, but I couldn't stop, I could just keep going."

Late last year, Fala took a month off and had thought over a lot of things. "I now understand a bit of the knowledge of being an artist. That is, I can't force myself too much, artists have to be at the right state of mind, have confidence and be fully prepared. It is necessary to have a lot of mental and physical capability. On the other hand, must be very into character and have the heart, then there will be improvement. However, when you can't get into that right state of mind and feel frustrated inside, then you feel like you want to escape and won't be able to continue acting. This will result in ruining the entire picture, and the acting won't be natural. Just one expression in the eyes can already betray yourself!"

Artist's Personal Training

Fala now understands its quality not quantity. Also, she will take good care of herself and take a few stops in her steps. "My face and body are the tools to making money, I have to really protect them. Last year I filmed a 100 episodes, so much! TVB is very efficient, and I hoped to do my best in each scene, so I kept charging up nonstop and didn't give myself any space. The illness woke me up, I have to think outside of the box and read more books, watch more of how others act. I have to adjust my attitudes too. In the past, I felt I had very little personal time and that my career was the most important, but I never thought that I have matured. Maturing is an artist's accomplishment. It does not depend on the script, it depends on me. I have to self-train to help myself, but I didn't have time to do it nor did I have time to go out and see the world, understand others' cultures. I didn't grow up in Hong Kong and don't know how the people in HK live, so how can I act as a person from HK? I have no experience, then how do I know how to make my acting seem real?"

Fala knows many things are waiting for her to go absorb and accumulate. "These things are related to self-regulation, my manager won't tell me to go read more books, thus I will take things step by step, give myself more time to read books and watch movies. I love watching Western TV shows, and that's why people tease that I shoot TV series in the morning and watch TV series at night. However, I am really learning from it."

A way to reduce stress is to talk to people more. In the past, she was accustomed to being independent, but now she has learned to open her window: "Many things, when I think of it myself, it's like almighty, but then I have no capability to actually do it. Many problems that I can't resolve trouble me in my own world, but because I share with my family, friends and manager, we give each other advice. They are an one-sided mirror that gives me a reaction. As for myself, I have to trust people and allow them to understand me."

Currently, Fala hopes to reach a higher level in her acting, usually she reads a lot of related books and has already taken initiative to go improve herself: "I have already found a pile of material, mostly from foreign schools, some programmes are great, it is what I need. If you give me two years to immerse myself into it, I will have improvement, but for now it's impossible because in May I'll be starting a new series and I'm currently working on my debut album. I'll plan again next year!"

Source: Hong Kong Economic Times, TVBChannel

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »
Congrats!!

Next Magazine TV Awards 2012 (Results & Photoshoot Special)
10. FALA CHEN - HERE COMES GODDESS

When Fala was taking these photos, she said she feels like a demon that just rise from a landfill, just like the Grim Reaper is coming. Indeed, when Fala is not smiling, she looks like a cool and hard to predict person. So last year when she joined the TV Queen battle, she was arranged to be the villain, using hot and spicy methods to take compete for the award. However, in the end she left with nothing and suffered from an illness that left her putting work to hiatus. "There are gains and loses to everything. Lives of Omission was well acclaimed, and I'm Happy, but later the news got me not knowing what to do. Actually it's fine for a few negative reports, but often writing bad about me is never a good thing. However, I can't control it, like when I first debuted, the reports kept saying I was flirty, but after a while, I started playing good characters and did what I had to do, now it's better. Audience can see what kind of person I am!" Currently Fala is still in the resting and restoring phase, sleeping 8 hours a day, watches DVDs, reading books and practicing her acting. She changes from the Reaper to a Goddess.

Source: Next Magazine, TVBChannel
Translation by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »
Fala Chen @ Channel[V]'s CMA Awards steals limelight of Asian female stars
Yesterday Channel [V] hosted The 16th CMA Awards at the Costai Strip CotaiArena in Macau. There were nearly 100 Asian stars from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea that were invited to attend, a very star-studded event. Before the ceremony, the stars first walked the red carpet led by popular Mainland actress Yang Mi, followed by Asian Pop King Jay Chou. Other guests included Eason Chan, Sean Lau, Fala Chen, Michael Tse, Jaycee Chan, Twins and many more.

However, among the group of female stars, TVB FaDan Fala Chen stole the limelight as she walked the red carpet with Michael Tse in her sexy low-cut deep V black evening dress. Fala explained the dress was sponsored to her by Armani and was delivered from Italty. The brand already notified her in advance that the dress would be on the sexier side, but she was willing to give it a try. Fala smiled: "Just dressed prettier for the award ceremony. Because I couldn't wear my bra, so I spent half an hour putting on tape and such. (Does your boyfriend like you looking that sexy?) So pretty, why would he? (More extreme than the TVB Anniversary?) We're not there yet, we don't know yet!"

Michael and Fala were presented with the 'Best Television Actor and Actress Award (HK/Taiwan)' respectively. Twins won the 'Best Group Award (HK/Taiwan)'.

Source: Oriental Daily

Offline aerokinesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »
She's hot, I love her in TVB shows.

She could put on some weight though..

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
^ she's curvier than most. like mmmm delicious

lol new album "Beautiful Life" why the fuck not. she got a cute voice. lol was that Sam Lee from triad movie fame / LMF?

The latest TVB artist to cross over into a recording career, Fala Chen is making her Canto-pop debut with Beautiful Life. Fans of the popular actress will be delighted to find all her drama theme songs here, namely "Perfect Match" from The Stew of Life (2009), "Romantic Transfer" from Links to Temptation (2010), and "Imperfect Beauty" from Queens of Diamonds and Hearts (2012). Besides, Fala's first album also features the Cantonese remakes of two Mando-pop hits, one being "Half" (from Della Ding's song of the same name) and the other "Redemption" (from Fish Leong's "Don't Shed Any More Tears for Him").

The album comes with a bonus DVD containing the microfilm Beautiful Life, which features the songs "Half" and "Redemption".

tracklist. ...

01. 愛上鳥
02. 一半
03. 贖罪
04. 想不想
05. 絕配的一對 (有營煮婦)主題曲
06. 奮不顧身
07. 缺憾美 (東西攻略)主題曲
08. 愛情轉駁 (誘情轉駁)主題曲
09. Beautiful Life
10. 我用距離愛你(國)

Expected release date: July 31, 2012. Preorder Now!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
filming with the GREAT Francis Ng in Central, Hong Kong - learning how to be a method actor :pimp:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nine Muses - Miss Agent