JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXID - Better Together

Author Topic: (Artist) Suzuki Ami  (Read 15270 times)

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« on: May 25, 2005, 09:45:56 AM »
Any Amigo fans out there? We all know about the Furusato ordeal with Amigo, but lets forget about that. :lol:

I'm really glad to see her back on the scene. She used to be one of my favorite artists, and now she's making her way back up on my rankings. I loved her recent "Delightful" single, and her "Eventful" one is great as well. "White Key" would have to be my favorite song from her. GO AMIGO!

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
Re: Ami Suzuki
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 05:49:25 PM »
I'm not a fan per se but I do take notice of Amigo coz her voice is very unique. Kinda gruff/husky which I've always thought didn't really go with the doll-like image she had when she debuted. :P

I'm VERY happy that she's back coz she's REALLY loves what she's doing so much that she was spending all her time doing stuff to keep herself fit for her comeback while in cold storage and I've got a lot of respect for her for that. Passion for the job... That rocks!! :D

Offline Kulkulkan

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 07:41:45 AM »
For curiousity's sake, what did happen between Amigo and Momusu?  I wasn't into wither at the time, but do remember a few flame wars back then.
What a wonderful world it is that has girls in it!
-Excepts from the Notebooks of Lazarus Long,
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline object 21

(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 09:59:03 PM »
Quote from: Kulkulkan
For curiousity's sake, what did happen between Amigo and Momusu?  I wasn't into wither at the time, but do remember a few flame wars back then.

Ami released a single on the same day Momusu released furusato and it was played up in the media like a big contest b/c they were both idols who started on Asayan or something like that. Ami got number one to Momusu's (I think) 4th, and Momusu were sad about it, at least according to the press. It was all pretty stupid.

Anyway, I'm a recently converted Ami Suzuki fan. I used to hate her, but I got into her music while she was away, so I'm glad she's back, so I can be in on it this time. Plus, I like the Nami Tamaki-ish style she's adopted.

Offline TotallyUncool

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 04:57:30 AM »
I picked up some of her older CDs in the budges section at Book-Off and liked 'em  --  sometimes she sounds like Myu from Zone (which is a definitely good thing).  Her new stuff is good, too.  
I'm glad she's back  --  the entertainment industry is so full of BS and corruption, and it's good to see somebody survive the crap and come back.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 06:14:53 AM »
To add to the Furusato incident:

Apparently, Nacchi took a lot of the blame for Furusato selling lower than Amigo's single...mostly 'cause she was the lead vocalist for the single.

Offline Kulkulkan

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 06:38:26 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up!  I was a fan of Amigo's from the beginning, and it's great to see her survive and comeback.  Her blacklisting was so complete that her first comback CD was "legally" a book with "extra" single and was prinited by a book company.  The entertainment industry is a bitch!
What a wonderful world it is that has girls in it!
-Excepts from the Notebooks of Lazarus Long,
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 02:39:01 PM »
Quote from: Kulkulkan
The entertainment industry is a bitch!

That much it is. Especially when it was Komuro Tetsuya's toes that she'd stepped on. One of the most influential men in the business plus she was going against he who brought her out in the business in the first place. Guess quite a bit of it has to do with 'biting the hand that feeds you' as well...

Offline dolphin

(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 11:06:14 PM »
I'm a great fan of ami too~~
but didn't really follow a lot on her~
so glad taht she's back~
and so good to hear her songs again~~ hohohoo :w00t:
JuSt PuReLy LoVe KaMeI~~

Offline street bastard

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 03:45:12 PM »
Heh heh to throw even more salt into the Momusu wound, Ami's song, "Be Together" sold 1 million+ copies while "Furusato" sold 100,000+  :twisted:

Ami is great and I'm very glad to see her back. Hopefully she'll do a song for an anime and bring her fine self to the U.S. and perform.

No flavor of the month this time at the Compound.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 07:45:33 PM »
What's the name of that new single she's got?  I saw her pimpin it on this past week's CDTV, but I couldn't get the title.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline dolphin

(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 12:20:21 AM »
eventful? that's the newest one~~ pv is in red suit~
if from the single that she's back~
either is delightful or hopeful~~
delightful is wearing yellow~ hopeful is the one that's she's flying at the beginning~
JuSt PuReLy LoVe KaMeI~~

Offline tetsuo69

(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 02:10:11 PM »
can anyone recomend me some songs?

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 08:56:25 AM »
White Key, Love the Island, All Night Long, and Be Together are my personal favorites from her.

Offline I LuV J-PoP

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 10:15:11 AM »
She came back out recently release a barrage of new songs and PVs. I was wondering what happened to her.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 05:56:22 AM »
Marty Friedman's been playing guitar for her recently (You could see him way in back at her performance during this years Kouhaku). Had high hopes for this collaboration, but I didn't hear anything I liked. Marty should just stick with Aikawa Nanase.

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
Amigo's new single is called "Alright!", and it comes in CD+DVD and CD only versions, CD only has a first press bonus that is a photo book. Covers (or jackets, how you call them) are different.

Quote from: BradVickers
Marty should just stick with Aikawa Nanase.

Word.

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 01:49:26 AM »
Wow, for over a month noone praised Amigo! This has to be changed: :heart: Suzuki Ami

Ami's official site has been updated recently and it's confirmed that "Alright!" CD only edition comes with 32 page photobook, CDJapan already has only 1 copy of first press left so hurry up!

I didn't like the "Alright!" PV much, maybe because it was unusual style for Ami's avex videos, as it was shot outdoors, on some seaside resort. Sooo... I wouldn't waste money on CD+DVD, as it'll end up on album's DVD anyway :rolleyes:

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 01:27:07 AM »
Just 2 months after "Alright!", Ami releases a new single in July!
The title is undecided yet, but the release date is determined:
2006.07.26 In Stores

There's a weird description of the song, 次作では始まった恋を想う。。。 perhaps it's a love ballad o_O

(source: avex.jp/ami)

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Suzuki Ami
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
The title of Ami's new single is "Like a Love?" and it features a natural, sunny sound according to CDJapan!

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EXID - Better Together