JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rip Slyme - Funkastic

Author Topic: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Forty-Six -- Nightmare]  (Read 144637 times)

Loser87

Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Twenty-One: Confused, But Happy]
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2007, 03:32:51 AM »
DIBS

WHOO-HOO~
I Finally get first comment!
Well, that was a nice long read
What you can't handle tough love doofus?
Fine, I'll be 'nice' in today's post since you did an uberly good job  :heart: :heart:

I thought I'd be unable to quote this chapter because as soon as I finished reading it, I got all speechless and all sorta' drooly amazed XD
But, I managed and I managed to quote like a crazy person =O

Quotation time!! YAY!!

For a few minutes it felt like I was in heaven. I hadn’t expected my first kiss to be so warm and soft… and gentle. Then again, I hadn’t expected that I would get my first kiss that day, either. Or from a girl that I barely knew. Her lips left mine, and she leaned forward so that our foreheads touched, letting out a quiet sigh.

~Meet the mushiness that is me~
That was so mushy and cute and *Squeelin'* that you made me as mushy as a sponge cake o_o ew..

“I probably shouldn’t have done that…”

I smiled, closing my eyes. How somebody could feel so guilty over something like a little kiss was beyond me. It wasn’t as though I couldn’t have pulled away, and to be honest, I hadn’t wanted to. So I was just as ‘guilty’ as she was. I didn’t know what I was doing… and I didn’t know where this was going, but… if this was how it started out then I was curious to see where it might lead.

MomoxMaasa is so cute of a couple >w<
Why must you be so good at squishy mushy sweet oh so sweet scenes?!

“You regret it already…? I didn’t think that I would be that bad at kissing…”

XDXDXD Momochi rules

I was glad she couldn’t see my face just then, because I’m pretty sure it was getting pretty pink right there. However, I waited for the ‘but…’ that was sure to come. Those ‘buts’, always shoving themselves in where they weren’t wanted.

“But… I’m not sure that I want anything to happen here… So… I’m sorry, I didn’t want to send out mixed signals like this. I really shouldn’t have done that.”

Aww ;+;...Come on, it'll work out!! *huggles momochi and maasa* ;+; poor young couples in love!

“Ah- Risako-chan…”

Even though some part of Saki was happy to see her old friends again… another part of her was telling her to run as fast as she could in order to get away from them. Unfortunately, there was a problem. Miyabi had already spotted her, and was giving her the most venomous look that she could muster.

Confrontation, confrontation, outch outch outch >_o;;

“You don’t have the right to speak to her any more… or any of the rest of us, for that matter. What are you doing here?”

Miyabi’s voice was cold, and her words definitely cut into Saki’s heart, but she preferred them to the silent treatment.

That was harsh >x<;; outchies...

“Where have you been for the past two years, then?”

It was the question. The one that Saki had been waiting for. The one that she knew she couldn’t answer without expecting this girl to be angry at her. She deserved all of this hatred, though, she supposed… after all, she had been the one to walk away.

“I’ve been here.”

“I haven’t seen you once since before yesterday, so I’m not sure that I believe you.”
“Well, for one thing, I didn’t want to be found, so that was kind of the point, and for another, why does it matter to you, Miyabi?”

“Because I want to know if I’m going to have to avoid seeing your face again.”

Stinging, burning, outchies! >xO But must continue,...Gotta..KNOW...What..Happens..NEXT!! O+O

Another sharp dart, laced with poison. But no matter how badly it hurt, Saki wouldn’t lash back out at the other girl. It simply wasn’t her way. She would take the hits everytime and then try to move on. But… how much more would she… or could she take? Not anymore today, that was for sure. She had other things to worry about.

“Don’t worry about that… I’ll make sure to stay out of your way, if that’s what you want.” She mumbled quietly, walking past Miyabi and making sure not to make eye contact. As she was leaving, however, she felt a gentle hand grab onto her wrist, and every ounce of her being hoped that it might have been Miyabi.

Turning around to see Risako’s kind face wasn’t bad, either. The younger girl said nothing, but Saki could see something like forgiveness in those eyes, and as she glanced at Yurina and Erika, she saw that they were mirroring the same expression.

The better person of it all  :farofflook:
*Sigh* I love your portrayal of Captain >w<

“What the HELL did you do THAT for? You’re going to make her think that everything’s okay now, and it’s NOT, Risako.”

“You’re the only one who had a problem with her leaving, Miya…”

“Because she dropped everything that was important to her and abandoned us! We were at the top of our game and we lost our best performer, and for what? Oh, that’s right, we don’t know, because she didn’t have an explanation, so that must mean there’s no freakin’ reason at all.”

“You don’t know that.”

“And YOU do?”

Risako was doing an impressive job of standing up to the intimidating Miyabi, and even though she was frightened of the other girl, she wouldn’t dare back down now.

“I trust Saki-chan. I don’t need to know the reasons why she does what she does. She’s my friend, and I’ll love her anyway. And honestly, I think you’re mad because something happened to you personally, and so you’re trying to take it out on the rest of us because you didn’t get what you wanted-”

Oh boy, Major tension building up between Miyabi and Risako
I knew it wasn't going to end well with them >x<;;

The force of the slap was enough to knock Risako to the ground, and the sound of it echoed off of the buildings nearby. Risako didn’t know that something could sting so badly, and she felt her eyes begin to water. Miyabi was standing over her now, and after receiving such a blow, the younger girl had started to tremble.

“Don’t ever talk to me like that again. You don’t know what happened, and so you have no business talking about it like that. I’m still the leader of this group, and so I’m going to treat the lot of you however I want to. Oh, and guess what? You have your beloved Saki to thank for that, too, because if she hadn’t left, you wouldn’t be in this mess. How does that make you feel, Rii-chan? Hm? It kind of sucks to think about it that way, doesn’t it? Suddenly, Saki’s not so great anymore, huh.”

Risako was crying now, but she still had a little bit of fight left in her, and she managed to glare up at the older girl through her tears.

“You’ll never be even a fraction of the person she is…”

The younger girl flinched as she saw Miyabi’s hand swing back again, but something stopped her from slapping Risako a second time.

:stoned: :shock: :OMG: :frustrated:  :depressed: :gyaaah: :tantrum: :pleeease: :err: :fainted: <---My range of emotion felt when reading this part in that order, I think that's enough said =+=''

I had my hand closed tight around Natsuyaki’s wrist, and even though I wanted really badly to pull backwards and send the girl sprawling to the ground, I am a better person than that. Or maybe it was because I wasn’t entirely there thanks to what had happened with Maasa. Either way, I was willing to negotiate before I sent my new rival into a world of pain.

“Touch her again and you’ll regret it, Natsuyaki.”

“Let go of me, Tsugunaga.” She replied, through gritted teeth. I wasn’t exactly feeling threatened, though. More like, amused, because try as she might she couldn’t get her arm free of my grasp. Oh, and she had stopped using my nickname as an insult, I guess.

Which was good, because I didn’t like to hear it coming out of her mouth.

“I’ll let go of you when I’m good and ready.”

Just to emphasize my point, I twisted the girl’s arm so that it was pinned up against her back, and she let out a yelp of surprise and pain.

Holy mighty cheesecakes! Momochi kicks major booty! OxO!!!

What a rough day…

No kidding! >_<;;

“I’m really sorry about it you know…”

“Go to sleep, Risako-chan…”

Aww Risako is so cute >w< She still felt bad about before! >w<

“…So what made you change your mind?”

*cough*Maasa*cough* <_<;;

“Oh, nothing… just a random change of heart, I suppose.”
liar, liar pants on fire!! Sort of ;;>_>

“With you? There has to be something more.”

“Okay then, how about you tell me where you got that rose that’s sitting on the table over there?”

“Goodnight, Momo-chan!”

Haha, good night, Risako.

XDXDXD PWND!!!!

Phew! THAT was long!
I practically quoted the entire chapter!
But that's good, it means I enjoyed the chapter a lot!

Now, I expect you to update soon, please with a cherry on top!
If you do I just might treat you to some ice cream~ =]
(See I can be nice and I guess sweet but, if you prefer evil me...)

Evil me-mode!!

*Grabs your cheeks and pulls really, really hard*
I SAID UPDATE FASTER YOU BAFOON!!
YOU TOOK THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' DAY YOU DOOFUS!!
WHAT KINDA' QUICK UPDATE IS THAT!?
NOW GET BACK TO WORK! YAH YAH!!

*kicks your butt and cracks my whip*
MUSH!
*throws a typical obese New York child at you*
TAKE THAT!

*gives you the Mighty EVIL STARE!*
O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O

*Throws some radioactive kitties at your head*

~ UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!

~YAH!! >;P
Fufufufufufufu...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:14:20 AM by Loser87 »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2007, 04:42:43 AM »
Of course you can sit down next to me! XD

Mmhmm Maasa was all nice about it. :D Nice person, right there. Something's chaining her back, and I don't like it. I'm sure you have a way to resolve it though, so I'll wait around and see how you handle it for now. ^_^

Gah Miyabi needs to get over the whole "Saki abandoned me!" thing. Sure, she said Saki abandoned "us", but I'm fairly sure she means "me". XD Evil, isn't she? Hitting Risako like that o_o. Luckily Momo stopped the next one. Strong girl, our Momo-chan. XD

Still looking forward to the Maiha/Risako date, when it happens. XD

-hands you some tea- I think it goes well with all the cookies I gave you. :D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:50:27 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2007, 05:20:26 AM »
Awesome Momoko! I have official like for her now. I was hoping that maybe Maasa would consider giving Momo a go and maybe open up to her a little, even if just as friends. Then again, I'm kinda glad you didn't go that route.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:21:41 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2007, 11:41:17 PM »
That was soo wet and mushy. Like a pool of sponges!
*jumps into pool and splashes sponge on everyone*

But yeah...I feel so sorry for Maasa and Miya! Both heartbroken...makes me think of someone I know...
But Momo holding down Miya...that's gotta be hard...she's probably off the ground holding onto Miya for dear life xD

*throws the YuriChina box*
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2007, 03:09:39 AM »
I'm too tired to fully reply to these quotes so I'm probably just going to write little snippets of stuff. XD

-Master wrote nice and awesome things in here for once and it made me really happy. :3-

Yar, BUT YOU'RE STILL GOING TO LOSE!

-Estrea's my favorite, and we can have a picnic together with the cookies and the tea and other nice things. <3 And Yuu-chan and Loser can't come. >D-

Risako/Maiha date probably will come in the chapter after next. :3

Awesome Momoko! I have official like for her now. I was hoping that maybe Maasa would consider giving Momo a go and maybe open up to her a little, even if just as friends. Then again, I'm kinda glad you didn't go that route.

Momochi owns us all. <3 Well, if I had gone that way it wouldn't be as much fun. XD

-Tanachan writes cool stuff and throws me neat things. I like that. <3-

YURICHINABOX! :D

[wedgecall]
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2007, 03:10:23 AM »
Wedge answer!

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2007, 03:11:48 AM »
[Chapter Twenty-Two: Guess Who’s Back?]

“Airin, you’re fidgeting.”

“Yeah, well, I can’t help it… You know how much I hate the dark… there are probably bugs and all sorts of other detestable things back here…”

“One would think you would be used to detestable things by now.”

Two pairs of eyes peered out at the city from the back of a shadowed alleyway, watching the civilians who were passing by, going about their own business. The eyes belonged to two females, both of whom had this dangerous sort of aura about them.

The younger, more restless one was crouched down beside a rotting wooden crate, so that her body was partially obscured by it, and she would be harder to spot. The girl had this anxious, shifty expression on her face, as if she had done something wrong and wanted to keep moving in order to avoid the consequences. She was slightly dirty, but that was mostly from the nature of the travel she and her partner had done over the past few weeks.

Beside her stood a taller, slightly older girl who didn’t seem to mind at all if she was seen by any passers-by. She had dark, wavy hair that settled on her shoulders, and was actually rather stunning, which was why she looked out of place standing in such a shady part of the city. Unlike her partner, she exuded a sense of both calm and patience.

“We’re so close now I can taste it…”

“I can’t believe they wanted to keep on running the place after what we did. Pretty gutsy…”

“That’s the thing about hope, Airin… If you don’t completely smother it, that little flicker that remains can always roar back into a brighter flame…”

“What are we going to do about it, Miracle?”

The elder of the two looked down at her partner, a twisted smirk turning her otherwise beautiful face into something warped and horrible.

“There’s more than one way to put out a flame… Personally… I prefer suffocation to the other methods… But… I think that I want to manipulate this particular flame before rubbing it out… make it burn for something much more… beneficial. Before we steal away the oxygen it needs to live.”

A similar expression passed across the younger female’s face, and she was starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together in her head.

“It’ll be so nice to see Sudou-chan again… I’m sure that she’s missed you terribly.”

“Yes… but patience. All of this will happen in good time, Airin… all in good time.”

------------

I can’t believe they took away my car…

Miyabi was in a horrible, agitated mood. Her parents had taken away her driving priveleges for a week, once they had noticed the scratches and slight dents on its’ surface, most of which had been acquired the day before. Apparently, she wasn’t taking good enough care of what she owned, and so she had to be punished like this. She had tried to argue, but her father had told her that since she hadn’t been the one to buy the car, and since she wasn’t the one making the payments on it, she had no say in the matter, and it would be left at that.

It wasn’t that she really minded walking… she usually did that anyway. She just didn’t think it was right that she had to be punished for something so small and insignificant. Miyabi felt bad for Yurina at first—or as bad as one could feel for the person they had previously injured—but she had called Erika, and the quiet female had said that she would take care of things somehow.

The prodigy continued along the sidewalk, kicking at any rock or small thing that had the misfortune of straying into her path. It was so nice to start the day out like that. Especially with her mind and thoughts being so conflicted from yesterday… Really, her foul mood was actually understandable.

She was coming up on the small makeshift stage that the street performers frequented, and could see Saki sitting there on the edge of it, waiting for a crowd to draw near. Seeing that girl again for the third day in a row only grated on her nerves. And she needed someone to siphon off her feelings into, so the dancer would have to do.

Miyabi walked over to Saki, fully intent on verbally tearing the girl apart. That is… she was… until the dancer became aware of her presence there, and regarded her with a worn, tired gaze. The small female didn’t look as though she had slept at all the night before, and Miyabi felt a pang of guilt tug at her inside.

Why do I feel sorry… for you?

“…what do you want?”

The tone Saki was using wasn’t angry, or impatient, or accusing… she sounded exhausted, and that only made Miyabi feel even worse. She didn’t really know what to say… or to think at that point.

What do I want?

“I don’t know… but… there’s still something here… isn’t there?”

Saki lifted her head a little bit, looking at the prodigy thoughtfully. She didn’t need to ask what the other girl meant because she already knew. Even if they weren’t on the best of terms… nobody knew Miyabi like she did… and vice versa. She let out a little sigh before replying. Who knew saying just one word took up so much energy?

“…Yes.”

“And you still want it, just like I do.”

“…do you?”

“…Yeah. I guess I do. I still think about you everyday… Even if sometimes it makes me sick, or angry, or…” She faltered for a little bit there, unable to say what she was thinking in her mind.

Even if sometimes I sit in my room and cry until I fall asleep…

“…But… I’m not going to let myself get hurt by you again. When you decide that… or if you want to fix things… You know where to find me… Sakitan…”

Without another word, Miyabi continued past the smaller female on towards the theatre.

------------

The voices were being exceptionally loud today. Perhaps after getting the same amount of rest that she had, they were feeling a bit more chatty. It was starting to give her a headache, the way they clouded her thoughts and mind, and she almost wondered if maybe it would have been a better idea to just stay behind at the Loft and sleep the rest of the day.

But no. She was on a mission. She wanted to talk to Yurina again… To sit in that tree and listen to the soothing music that the elegant girl could produce from her fingertips… everytime it was heaven. And she wanted to feel that sense of normalcy return again… even though she knew it would be brief.

Plus… there was one more thing. It was a letter…

She had written it by herself, without Saki’s help… during those brief moments when she entered back into reality. At first, she had worried that she would forget everytime the madness came to claim her again, but miraculously, the words would always come, and she had managed to capture them on paper.

And after several long hours… she had finished it, and was satisfied.

Her plan was to slip it under Yurina’s door after they were done talking for the day, so that the girl might find it before she went to bed, or whenever she happened to walk around the room.

She hadn’t expected the tall female not to be there when she arrived…

Chinami peered through the dust-covered window… nothing. The house was empty. Surely nothing horrible had happened there, for there were no signs of a struggle or anything like that, but… if Yurina was alright… where would she go? Had she found something better to do with her time…?

…Does she not want to talk to me anymore?

The broken girl just didn’t understand it. Yurina was usually waiting eagerly for her to show up… So why wasn’t she there today?

Maybe she’s mad because I wasn’t there yesterday… Maybe I upset her…

That idea tore at Chinami’s already worn out heart. She didn’t want to do anything to hurt the person that she cared about most… She clutched the letter to her chest, managing to make a decision somewhere within the crazed signals of her mind.

…I hope that this will fix whatever I’ve done…

Chinami shoved the envelope under Yurina’s door, taking care to make sure that it was fully inside the house. She took one last glance around her before darting off out of sight, unaware of where her feet would take her next.

Loser87

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2007, 03:12:19 AM »
Dibs

Whoo 2x's in a row I get to be first to comment! XD
Well this was an uberly sweet chapter all together, The only complainin' I got is You update way too late at night!
UPDATE EARLIER!

Now for quotes =]

“Airin, you’re fidgeting.”
Airi!! <33

Beside her stood a taller, slightly older girl who didn’t seem to mind at all if she was seen by any passers-by. She had dark, wavy hair that settled on her shoulders, and was actually rather stunning, which was why she looked out of place standing in such a shady part of the city. Unlike her partner, she exuded a sense of both calm and patience.
At first I guessed Maimi

“What are we going to do about it, Miracle?”
But I guessed wrong obviously XDXD

“There’s more than one way to put out a flame… Personally… I prefer suffocation to the other methods… But… I think that I want to manipulate this particular flame before rubbing it out… make it burn for something much more… beneficial. Before we steal away the oxygen it needs to live.”
And You made koharu quite cynical now =O

“It’ll be so nice to see Sudou-chan again… I’m sure that she’s missed you terribly.”

“Yes… but patience. All of this will happen in good time, Airin… all in good time.”
oh? and Maasa knows them, maybe they're the ones who framed her =O

I can’t believe they took away my car…
GOOD! You suck at driving anyways! >_>

Why do I feel sorry… for you?

“…what do you want?”

The tone Saki was using wasn’t angry, or impatient, or accusing… she sounded exhausted, and that only made Miyabi feel even worse. She didn’t really know what to say… or to think at that point.

What do I want?
It's rabu and you want the rabu <33

“I don’t know… but… there’s still something here… isn’t there?”
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Even if sometimes I sit in my room and cry until I fall asleep…

“…But… I’m not going to let myself get hurt by you again. When you decide that… or if you want to fix things… You know where to find me… Sakitan…”

:( :( :( :(

She had written it by herself, without Saki’s help… during those brief moments when she entered back into reality. At first, she had worried that she would forget everytime the madness came to claim her again, but miraculously, the words would always come, and she had managed to capture them on paper.
HOORAY FOR CHINAMI!! >w<
Finally you mention Chinami again >:[

She hadn’t expected the tall female not to be there when she arrived…

Chinami peered through the dust-covered window… nothing. The house was empty. Surely nothing horrible had happened there, for there were no signs of a struggle or anything like that, but… if Yurina was alright… where would she go? Had she found something better to do with her time…?
Aww poor Chinami ;+;

Maybe she’s mad because I wasn’t there yesterday… Maybe I upset her…

That idea tore at Chinami’s already worn out heart. She didn’t want to do anything to hurt the person that she cared about most… She clutched the letter to her chest, managing to make a decision somewhere within the crazed signals of her mind.

…I hope that this will fix whatever I’ve done…
it gets better! I hope ;+;

I'll edit this post tomorrow, I'm a bit tired and wanna sleep too <33
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:08:22 AM by Loser87 »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2007, 03:12:59 AM »
Dibs for second xD

Airi and Koharu have something to do with Maasa? I'd imagine they were involved with her traumatizing past o_o;

I knew it. When Miyabi and Saki are alone, Miyabi shows that side of her that still loves her beloved Captain-chan xD Though with others, like last chapter, she keeps on a bitchy front xD

Awww! Chinami ;___;

PS. Still looking forward to Risako and Maiha's date :]

-wraps whip around your neck and places foot on your back- keep writing deary <3
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:20:37 AM by Yuuyami »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: ::Heartbeat Tempo:: [Chapter Twenty-Two: Guess Who's Back?]
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2007, 03:40:32 AM »
Awww Miyabi is soft with Captain when the others aren't around. XD You know you wub Captain, just cave in and grab her. XD

Hmm what will Airi and Koharu do to Maasa? All that talk about suffocating and manipulation and what-not...o_o; Should we fear for Maasa's safety and sanity? x_x

Hmm Chinami's condition seems familiar. I read about it somewhere before. Let's hope she doesn't get into trouble wandering around like that. :S Poor girl...

And now we wait eagerly for the Risako/Maiha date. XD

And yay for tea party. -prepares sweets and sandwiches- You get more if you write more. ^_^

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2007, 10:50:30 PM »
Yay! *delivers SakiMiya box*

Ah...Koha is actually philosophical...daaaaaaaaaang...

And HA MIYA! JUST DESSERTS FOR YOU! *points and laughs*

Maybe a little bit too much...*gets SakiMiya cake, pops in the tape he made of Heartbeat tempo, and breaks down eating and crying like a depressed teenage girl*

Awwww China-cha~n! *hugs Chinami, who happens to be his birthday twin*

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2007, 03:14:09 AM »
I'm not sure what to say about this chapter. I read it, took it in, and thought it was good for set-up. I felt worried for Maasa, and something for Saki and Miyabi, and a little scared for Chinami. What else?

Post another chapter soon, I guess.

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »
Tired. Had to clean house. >< Terribly sick.
No time for comments. But I love all of you anyway. <3
This is short... and I'm not entirely happy with it...
But the next chapter will be better, I swear.

[Chapter Twenty-Three – Finally Getting Something Done…]

“One, two, three, four…”

I was watching the rest of the group run through the choreography for our newest song, counting off aloud to keep them together. Practice had been running very smoothly… so far…

It was called “Dokusenyoku”. Risako had pulled it out of that dusty old library when she returned to get my mother’s song, and thought perhaps it would be interesting to try. Yurina had taken one look at the music, and had been able to play and modify it to her liking within a matter of minutes. And while it was easy for her… the steps that Natsuyaki and I had come up with were complicated.

Umeda had picked up on the routine fairly quickly after watching me do it a couple of times… but Risako…
She was having trouble keeping up. Perhaps we were making progress faster than she was used to moving. Either way, she was behind during the entire routine, and I noticed that she was starting to look extremely frustrated with herself.

Before I could stop the three of them in order to address this problem, however… a bigger one surfaced.

“OW! What the HELL, Risako?!”

“DAMN IT!”

“Y-you guys are making it hard to breathe being on top of me like this…”

I hadn’t so much as blinked, and the girls were in a pile on top of each other, having turned what had previously been a formation into a tangled mess of limbs and bodies. Risako had misstepped again, tripping over her own feet to collide with Natsuyaki, who in turn toppled over on top of Umeda. The domino effect. It might have been humorous… were we not so pressed for time…

“Alright everyone… let’s take a little break then… Five minutes. Get something to drink and cool off and we’ll come back and do it again.”

Risako remained there on the floor as the other two detached themselves from her person, and I walked over and crouched down beside her. She was upset, and I could tell that much before she even started speaking.

“I just can’t get it… It’s different from the stuff Takahashi-san made us do… this is… harder.”

“We can tone the steps down a bit if we need to, Risako-chan… That-”

She interrupted me, shaking her head vigorously.

“No. It’s really, really good. I don’t want it to change… I just want to get it right. You can do it… so I want to be able to do it too.”

Ever since we were children, Risako had always placed me on some sort of untouchable pedastal, as if I were the best of the best. She considered me to be the standard that she wanted to reach, and would always try to emulate the things that I did. And while it was flattering… I thought she was just fine the way that she was. Because Risako had things that I didn’t. She was constantly happy, and outgoing, and could make friends with almost anyone.

The one thing that we shared, though, was our determination, and I saw that flame burning in her eyes just then. It made me smile.

“You will. Do you want me to dance with you this time?”

She smiled back at me, relieved, and gave a small nod. At that point, Natsuyaki and Umeda had returned, and I helped my cousin to her feet so that we could start again. At least, that was the intent, before…

“Oh, laaaaaaadies~! Do you think you could help meeeeee~? I’m looking for my dearly beloved Socko-chan… Have any of you seen her?”

An intruder had wandered into the theatre. The flirt that was so enamored with my cousin was standing in front of the stage, looking up at us with a wolfish grin. Risako looked like she wanted to jump off and strangle the other girl, and I couldn’t help but watch, extremely amused by this turn of events.

“Go away, Maiha! We’re in the middle of practice!”

“Oh, but darling, you owe me a date, remember? …I told you I’d come and get you, didn’t I?”

“Yes, but this is sort of an inappropriate time…”

Oh no, you aren’t going to slide out of this THAT easily, Risako. I saw it fit to cut into the conversation at that point, so that I could help the situation along.

“What are you talking about, Risako-chan? We were just about to take a break for lunch, remember? Isn’t that right, everyone?”

I turned to the others for backup, and while Umeda just looked confused and Yurina didn’t seem to care, Natsuyaki seemed to catch on and she wore a mischievous grin, more than willing to help me out.

“Yeah, she’s right. You’ve got plenty of time to go on your date before we come back to afternoon practice, Rii-chan.”

Risako’s eyes grew wide, and she began to get flustered. Obviously, she wasn’t expecting us to gang up on her like that, and now she didn’t really have an excuse to get her ardent romancer to go away. Or, at least, not one that Natsuyaki and I couldn’t shoot down.

“Well, I’ll have to change first…”

“Come on, Rii-chan. First off, you could work really hard all day long without stopping and still barely break a sweat, not to mention that you would still smell just as wonderful as before, and secondly, just go already, it’s tiring to have to keep on answering your excuses like this.”

That Maiha girl was still grinning, obviously pleased with the fact that things were turning in her favor. So Risako finally let out a sigh of defeat, and stepped down from the stage to join the other girl. As the two of them walked out, she looked back once to give us that adorable teddy bear glare again, and Natsuyaki and I burst out into a fit of laughter.

Well, I guess we really are taking a break for now… oh well. If things work out for them, I’ll be satisfied…

I heard the piano begin to play, and looked over to see that Yurina was hard at work developing that secret song of hers again. She would never play the whole thing for the rest of us, and I had yet to hear its lyrics… I wondered if perhaps she was writing it for someone else… And so I didn’t press her on the matter. Umeda was sitting beside her on the piano bench, watching the tall girl play with interest.

I had observed that Natsuyaki would leave the poor girl alone as long as she was next to Yurina. Probably because the pianist could use those crutches as effective weapons, and Natsuyaki was smart enough to keep from getting beaten in the head.

Speaking of the evil girl… My eyes wandered over to where she was dancing alone in a corner of the stage. Something about her… was different. I could see something like conflict in her eyes, and maybe… just maybe she was starting to think about the type of person that she was. Or maybe it was something else that was none of my business.

Either way… in that one moment, I started to think of her as a normal person rather than my rival, or “the evil one” or even “Natsuyaki”.

I started to think of her as Miyabi.

It felt almost like I was intruding on something by watching her dance, and I didn’t want to go over and disturb Yurina, either, so I decided that I would go outside and take a walk. Just a nice walk to clear my head.

It wasn’t as though I hoped to run into anyone in particular.

Nope, it wasn’t that at all.

Loser87

« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2007, 03:35:48 AM »
dibs

Okay, overall that was uberly cute >w<
I'm not going to do my quote thing today because...well...I feel like dying so >w<

I <3 everything about the chappie >w<
Like how Miya and Momo ganged up on risako XDXDXD

Anyways continue...Or I'll make you even sicker! *Coughs on you* TAKE THAT!!
GET SOME ASIAN DISEASES!! *Coughs on you more*
Update~ *prods by coughing on you* >;P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 01:01:45 AM by Loser87 »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
So are you going to cover the date in the next chapter or make us suffer?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
^Agreed with rndmn, we really want to know how the date turns out! :D

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
Hehe...Miya is finally normal!

*SockoMaiha box'd joo!*

And that date is going to be like...

Maiha: *flirting with other girls*
Rii: *repeatedly slapping Maiha*

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
^LOL, so true, so true.

[Chapter 22]

Whoa, Airi and Koharu have something to do with Maasa? It seems to complicatedly complicated (!?!?) now, my head hurts  :dizzy: Tell us the whole story soon! But damn, this better not mess with the budding Momoko x Maasa relationship. (this is impossible, isn't it T_T)

[Chapter 23]

Cute how Risako looks up to Momoko like that  :heart: Hehe, loved how Momoko and Miyabi ganged up on Risako! I guess even enemies can work together towards a common goal (!?)

That date better be in the next chapter! I already can't wait for it  :shy2:

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
Finally! thanks to exams I've been really behind on my reading xD

I've finally catched up with your updating xD You're updating really fast! not complaining though, hehe ^_^

I love the developments! the girls are getting serious practice, the bad guys have shown up (koha? haha never saw that coming)

And dates! whoo I think Risako's not the only one :) Momo will meet Maasa, right? xD

Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Gaki-san 大好き!

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
dibs

Okay, overall that was uberly cute >w<
I'm not going to do my quote thing today because...well...I feel like dying so >w<

I <3 everything about the chappie >w<
Like how Miya and Momo ganged up on risako XDXDXD

Anyways continue...Or I'll make you even sicker! *Coughs on you* TAKE THAT!!
GET SOME ASIAN DISEASES!! *Coughs on you more*
Update~ *prods by coughing on you* >;P

-gentle pats-

Poor master. I understand the feeling. T-T

Lol and I don't think you can make me any sicker than I already am... so that's an empty threat.

So are you going to cover the date in the next chapter or make us suffer?

As much as I would LOVE to make you suffer...

^Agreed with rndmn, we really want to know how the date turns out! :D

Have no fear, FIM-chan is here! ...with a chapter that should please you! XD

Hehe...Miya is finally normal!

*SockoMaiha box'd joo!*

And that date is going to be like...

Maiha: *flirting with other girls*
Rii: *repeatedly slapping Maiha*

I have all of the Berryz-in-a-box now! -collects and cuddles- MINE! <3

XD You won't be expecting this, then.

^LOL, so true, so true.

[Chapter 22]

Whoa, Airi and Koharu have something to do with Maasa? It seems to complicatedly complicated (!?!?) now, my head hurts  :dizzy: Tell us the whole story soon! But damn, this better not mess with the budding Momoko x Maasa relationship. (this is impossible, isn't it T_T)

[Chapter 23]

Cute how Risako looks up to Momoko like that  :heart: Hehe, loved how Momoko and Miyabi ganged up on Risako! I guess even enemies can work together towards a common goal (!?)

That date better be in the next chapter! I already can't wait for it  :shy2:

Oh, you know it's going to screw stuff up between Momo/Maasa. That's kind of a given with me. XD

And yeah, the date's comin'. <3

Finally! thanks to exams I've been really behind on my reading xD

I've finally catched up with your updating xD You're updating really fast! not complaining though, hehe ^_^

I love the developments! the girls are getting serious practice, the bad guys have shown up (koha? haha never saw that coming)

And dates! whoo I think Risako's not the only one :) Momo will meet Maasa, right? xD

Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Well, thanks to exams coming up I'll soon be behind on my updates, so enjoy while you can... XD >w<;;

This next chapter is all about the Risako/Maiha date. I had intended to make it a little longer, but I'm going to cut off the extra part I wanted to add and just move it to the next chapter.

I'll be updating in a few minutes. Just need to finish looking through it again.

[wedge!call]

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rip Slyme - Funkastic