JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Izumi Tachibana - I`m with you

Author Topic: 私のアホ家族(My Stupid Family)[24/6 - Chapter 25: A Series of Unfortunate Events]  (Read 94228 times)

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
(: Riho is cute
(: Fujimoto sensei
(: Ichiban kawaii

):<   You know why this face is here.

(: blowdryer

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
LOL the cell phone thing was so funny  :rofl: :rofl:

I really do like this chapter.  I can really imagine Aichan being a motherly figure to Riho and doing typically mother-daughter stuff, like shopping, eating together, cleaning up after the daughter, drying her hair.... conventional stuff like that.  So sweet~~  :thumbsup :wub:

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Yoohoo, I'm back! Comment reply time~

kawaii: Yes, mother and daughter are adorable together! Hehe little Riho can  be an absolute disaster sometimes. As mama, Ai had better do damage control. :D

Kikk4r: Yes, little Riho is like a disaster waiting to happen. She improves with age...but hey, accidents happen! Mama Ai is paranoid with good reason. :D

mmsuki: I'm glad I could influence your thoughts so much. :D I like writing an over-the-top Sayu, much of the crack in MSF is due to her presence. XD The past will be bubbling to the surface quite soon, I think. XD

rndy: Peaceful things are nice. :D Enjoy it while it lasts~ :P Hehe.

aussie: Lol you'll see what will play out as events occur....some things are just quite inevitable. :D

oddball: Mama Ai and baby Riho = much love. :D I fully expect Ai to have regrets over having to abandon her prospects while young in order to raise Riho, but her love for her daughter outweighs those regrets, I believe.

Shiawase_Honoo: Yeah I loved hugging my mom too. :) I just gave that trait to Riho cos it'd be totally cute. :D But yes, Riho apparently does eat a lot, you have to wonder where all that food goes...burnt by all that dancing? XD

eruchan: Baby koala Riho clinging to Mama Koala Ai. Someone needs to photoshop this. XD

Kuji: *snerks* Yes I know why that face is there....TOO BAD. :P

SarangAi: I'm glad I amused you. :D But mother-daughter moments are just so gosh-darn sweet, I just had to devote a chapter somewhere to it. XD Glad you liked it.

Ok time to edit and post~

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
A Little Plan

Adults, Riho decided, were a strange breed.

Or perhaps, in this particular case, it was just one Tanaka Reina being strange. With her wild mood swings, Tanaka-san could be just as volatile as liquid oxygen -- and probably just as predictable.

Yet her thought processes remain shrouded in mystery to the eminently practical Riho, who, frankly, was beginning to arrive at the conclusion that Tanaka Reina was weird, somehow. But in a good way. Maybe.

The speed with which Tanaka-san had fallen in with her (plot? scheme? her mind helpfully supplied)...plan was entirely outside of her calculations. It had quite nearly wrongfooted a pleasantly surprised Riho, who had been fully prepared to negotiate/cajole/bribe her erstwhile mentor into acquiescence.

Then again, considering how her other option had been to approach the always helpful Michishige-san for assistance, perhaps it was all for the best. The woman tended to make her more than a little nervous even on the best of days. She could be just a little too enthusiastic for the normally reserved Riho. This was a far better solution, and it even had unexpected benefits!

The foundations had been set a week or two earlier. Riho had been ever mindful of the approaching date, and had spent most of Golden Week brainstorming for an appropriate gift. She had set a tentative budget for this little project -- Mama always told her to be careful with money -- but was fully prepared to dig deeper into her savings if it ever came to that.

After all, this was her Mama she was talking about. Riho believed very strongly in the importance of family, and she couldn't imagine life without her Mama, so...

Needless to say she was going to pull out all stops for this year. Another year, a new city, a fresh start for just the two of them into an uncertain future. Riho was perfectly aware of how her Mama had had to uproot herself again for her sake, and would have to start again in this terrifyingly huge city where neither of them had any worthwhile connections.

The way Mama had done so much for her, given up so much for her, Riho knew that she could never ever pay it all back. She could only show her love and appreciation for the Mama she had nothing but the utmost respect for.

This was a slightly ambitious project, linked intimately to the fact that she had access to the talent agency, or more specifically, access to one Tanaka Reina. Where in previous years her gifts had either been store-bought or painstakingly handmade (including that one year with the spontaneously combusting frying pan -- she didn't know oil could do that), Riho figured she could try something a little more original than flowers, cookies or cakes. And she was fairly certain Mama would not appreciate a blasted kitchen either.

Which brought her to her current attempt.

"Do it again." Tanaka-san was scowling at her, arms folded crossly as she sat by a sound board. Her trademark sunnies were forgotten on an adjacent table. Riho bit her lip and tried again, wincing with an awkward smile when the note went awry once more.

"Your singing is..." Reina shook her head, a dark look gracing her features. "Inadequate." Riho tried to put on a brave face, but only managed to look expressionless. She did manage to not cry though.

"But..." Reina continued grudgingly. "It's not that bad, for an amateur." She shot Riho a wry look. "It took Sayu a lot longer to get to what you can do now. At least you have a sense of pitch."

Riho could not help it, a giggle slipped from her lips, and she damn near swallowed her tongue trying to cover it up, eyes wide. Reina looked at her, and surprisingly, laughed. It made her look years younger in an instant, and Riho was struck by how amazingly adorable her mentor was, in a cuddly, cat-like sort of way.

"You just have a problem with the high notes. Relax, and try breathing with your diaphragm. Remember what I taught you. Try humming the scales again, but before that, get a drink. You don't want to hurt your throat, do you?"

Riho followed the instructions obediently, somewhat awed by the other side of Reina she was unexpectedly getting a sight of. This Tanaka-san was neither bratty nor dismissive; instead she was utterly focused on the work at hand, yet without bringing a tense atmosphere to the place. Yes, she could be harsh with her criticisms when you screwed up, but she was also interested in making things work out right in the end. These inpromptu singing lessons that had stemmed from the simple request of help to borrow a recording studio were going to do Riho a world of good.

Singing was never a great priority of hers. Riho sang at school ceremonies and the like, and also sang the songs she liked, just like any other normal kid. She had a decent ear for pitch and tone, given how her Mama still sang scales almost every day. Mama loved to sing, aside from dancing, and Riho wanted to do something that her Mama would appreciate, but nothing less than the best would do. Hence the studio, and the help from Tanaka-san was a definite bonus.

They had been sneaking in practice time whenever Reina could spare it, and the older woman had given Riho "homework" to do, in the form of singing exercises to help her along. Good investment for the future, Reina had said, while eyeing Riho speculatively. Riho wondered what the woman could be up to, but then again, Tanaka-san had a full right to call in favours from her after this. It was something Riho willingly accepted.

It was almost D-Day, and Riho absolutely had to get it right. She had made significant progress, but was still nervous in the professional environment, leading to avoidable mistakes. Reina had grown progressively more flinty-eyed with each gaffe, but refrained from excessive harshness. She did have some sense of delicacy.

"You must think a lot of your mother to go to such lengths for her." Reina commented offhandedly, handing the bottle of oolong tea to a grateful Riho. The tiny girl smiled.

"Mama is everything to me. I just want to do something special for her, to let her know I love her." A serious answer from an unusually serious kid. Reina often wondered how Riho had ended up so mature. Yes, growing up in a single-parent family probably had something to do with it, but so had Reina, and she was out climbing trees with the neighborhood boys when she was 12 herself. Quite unlike the remarkably self-possessed young lady sitting beside her.

"Aren't you going to get anything for your mother, Tanaka-san?" This time it was Riho fielding the question. She had grown a little more at ease around her mentor, to the point where she could start talking normally instead of keeping entirely mute.

Reina paused, then smirked. "I think my mama would be happy to see me not embroiled in another scandal this year." Her tone was light. "But I'll send her carnations I guess. Already sent the order to the florist." She waved her hand airily, dismissing the matter.

Riho frowned, looking far older than her years as she replied.

"You should try to appreciate your mother more too." Then, as if realizing who she was addressing, Riho hurriedly added. "Not that I'm being critical or anything..."

Reina smiled lazily. "I don't mind. My mother and I..." She paused again, groping for the words. "...we have a unique relationship. Not close in the way you and your Mama obviously are." Reina had a fleeting, wistful expression that was swiftly concealed as she continued on with an air of indifference. "But my Mama knows that if I need her, I will go to her. Otherwise, we generally leave each other alone. She knows I care." The last part was tacked on as if as an afterthought.

"Oh, if you say so..." Riho couldn't quite keep the skepticism out of her voice. She really didn't understand adult logic, or would that be Tanaka-logic?

Something else occurred to Riho then, and it was with earnest eyes as she turned once again to Reina. As far as she knew, Tanaka-san lived alone, away from her family, and was basically a workaholic. Riho decided that as a form of thanks, she would invite Tanaka-san to her house. After all, it would be nice if her beloved Mama met her mentor. Despite whatever Mama had to say, Riho had definitely noticed how her Mama's attention tended to linger just a wee bit longer on Reina whenever they went to watch PLAY live in concerts.

Tanaka-san can be my 'other' present! Riho thought gleefully at the brilliant idea. It sounded wonderful. After all, what could go wrong?

Famous last words, Riho. Famous last words indeed.

==================================================

Part 1 of a Mothers' Day special. :) I might not get part 2 out soon enough, but hey, the thought counts! Figured it would be significant for such a family-oriented story. :D Hope you guys like!

EDIT: Also, thanks to kitaoji for correcting me on a minor chemical error. ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:42:54 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Aww, Riho's such a thoughtful child. Making a song?cd? for her Mama. And managing to enlist Reina's help, too.

Tanaka-san can be my 'other' present! Riho thought gleefully at the brilliant idea. It sounded wonderful. After all, what could go wrong?

Famous last words, Riho. Famous last words indeed.

Oh god, I can't wait. At the same time, I kinda dread where I think this is going... :lol: :lol:

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
I've got a feeling that it will go wrong  :nervous

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
Riho... such a good kid  :heart:
Over-enthusiastic Sayu XD she should hold back a bit before she scares Riho away  :lol:

erm.... a lot could go wrong?  :nervous

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
oh my goodness riho's so cute X3 making a song/cd/recording for her mama X3

i cant wait for the takahashi home to like explode due to hurricane reina XDDD i feel like shocks will come from this
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Riho decided that as a form of thanks, she would invite Tanaka-san to her house.
  :lol: laughing at this part already... oh my...  :shocked i'm really excited!! :grin:

Despite whatever Mama had to say, Riho had definitely noticed how her Mama's attention tended to linger just a wee bit longer on Reina whenever they went to watch PLAY live in concerts.
sooo.. Riho noticed those lingering looks on Reina from her Mama Ai-chan.. XD maybe anyone with eyes can too.. like i've said many times, curious about the past. :P

Tanaka-san can be my 'other' present! Riho thought gleefully at the brilliant idea. It sounded wonderful.
will it be a pleasant present though?..  XD but i do agree with Riho, it IS a brilliant, brilliant idea! excellent!   :twothumbs

After all, what could go wrong?
my brain can't even begin to process the things that can, go wrong..  :roll:  :lol:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Oh dear, I'm not totally sure Riho knows quite what she's getting herself into, I've got a feeling sparks might fly when Ai and Reina meet.....  :panic:

It's very sweet of Riho though, to make a song and sing it for her Mamma!  :wub:

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
Whatever Riho thinks is all about for her Mama, good girl :)

And...what this awful smell, I think it came from Riho's plan about inviting Reina to her house... :panic:

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
yay update  :cow: this is a dissaster omfg to invite reina to her house is awfull nothing wrong with reina but since ai and reina seems to have tens realtionship that is. but riho and reina are kinda cut

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Something else occurred to Riho then, and it was with earnest eyes as she turned once again to Reina. As far as she knew, Tanaka-san lived alone, away from her family, and was basically a workaholic. Riho decided that as a form of thanks, she would invite Tanaka-san to her house. After all, it would be nice if her beloved Mama met her mentor. Despite whatever Mama had to say, Riho had definitely noticed how her Mama's attention tended to linger just a wee bit longer on Reina whenever they went to watch PLAY live in concerts.

Uh oh (....when I'm secretly looking forward to the fireworks to follow XD).
I mean, they can't really have their claws out and chew each other out with little Riho in the mix there.....or would Reina be the type to not care at all? :nervous

I find the 'senpai' Reina side quite interesting and fascinating. Mizuki has been saying in some of the interviews 9th gen have been doing since joining the group, that she had an initial impression of Reina as someone who wouldn't keep an eye out on kouhai members much and be focused on herself, but was (pleasantly) surprised she turned out to be the opposite, giving her helpful advice all the time and how her chattiness(?? XD) belies her 'scary' image. I personally like the 'younger member' vibe Reina takes when she is around the older GoRokki members, but senpai Reina is also pretty cool to see around, and great to hear she's not all that much of a b*tch XD XD XD XD

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
OMG this is not good... So is Reina gonna recognize Aichan??  :shocked

but that's so cute/sweet of Riho~ she's recording a song for her mama, even if it means spending more time with the strict Tanaka-senpai...  :heart: :heart:

can't wait for the next chapter! I feel like more drama is gonna come on...  :panic:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Lookie, I come bearing a chapter!

rndy: Riho's a good girl. :) I want a kid like that lol. XD Never fear! I promise there shall be very little angst. XD Pinky swear!

shenlog: Depends on what you mean by wrong. ;)

eruchan: Riho is the perfect kid. XD Wonderbrat, I say! And yes, over-enthusiastic Sayu is like a double-edged sword. She's too interesting to stay away from, and too freaky to be near. :lol:

kawaii: The storm is brewing~ I love doing these things. :D

mmsuki: The past will soon bubble to the surface. Hurhur. And Riho is simply brilliant. That is all. XD

oddball: Sparks of what kind, I wonder. XD Ai and Reina meeting has always had explosive potential, both good and bad. XD And yes, it's very sweet of Riho!

Shiawase_Honoo: Riho is such a Mama's girl. :D Then again, she obviously isn't completely flawless, since her schemes aren't always...perfect. XD

Kikk4r: Yes, it does seem to be a bad idea on the surface. :lol: Oh Riho.

aussie: What is it with you people and drama, really? XD Looking forward to the fireworks already? And as for the reaction, well, Reina can be quite unpredictable that way. XD Senpai Reina, or really, Reina in person isn't really scary or bitchy even. Sayu has said it before, that Reina was actually really sincere and kind, even if she can be a bit direct about the way she says things. And apparently when she laughs she's cute like a kitten and Sayu thinks she should totally smile and laugh more. XD Such a misunderstood little ex-yankii. XD

SarangAi: Thank you for asking if Reina will recognize Aichan. XD *gives you a cookie* And I promise the drama won't be too...painful. :P

Ok time to edit and post. Ow, my neck.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
A Little Surprise

Ai knew something was up even before she woke up.

It didn't take preternatural senses to know this -- the conspicuous lack of a familiar warmth latched to her side sent an alarming jolt through her still groggy mind.

Even then, it took several moments to process the scattered links into a coherent chain of thought. As a rule, Riho rarely if ever woke up before her. Extricating herself from that death grip was something on order of a morning workout, while waking her dear daughter up for breakfast afterwards was a daily ritual. Ai had learnt years ago to ignore the muttered "five more minutes" on a school day, though she did allow the kid to sleep in when there was nothing pressing to wake up for.

Trying to get Riho to sleep in her own futon was an exercise in futility, as her little girl tended to automatically find her way to wherever Ai happened to be sleeping. Ai had thought that the situation would improve with age, but the only result so far was that she was the one getting used to things. That said, she didn't really mind having her daughter share her bed. It was normal to be close to your children, and they shared a closer bond than most.

When her half-hearted flailing with one hand failed to detect the presence of her personal remora, it was with more than a mere frisson of worry that she opened her eyes. Maternal paranoia kicked in full force as she inwardly panicked over what could have happened, until something occurred to her as she took stock of the room she was currently alone in.

It. Was. Spotless.

Now, Ai kept a clean house and spotlessness was not such a rarity. However, having an active kid who hated tidying up after herself tended to sabotage her attempts to make sure everything was scrupulously neat and in their rightful places. It was frequently a source of exasperation for the fastidious Takahashi.

What she was faced with currently, however, could practically be enshrined as a tribute to the altar of Order. Everything, at a glance, was precisely where it was supposed to be. Even the dressing table was meticulously organized and the various objects placed at aesthetic angles. Ai was impressed. Not even she was that anal.

Yet her mind could not focus on this apparent miracle, since it was occupied with a far more pressing issue: Where. Was. Her. Daughter?

No time like the present to check things out, Ai concluded. Still bemused, she slid out of bed -- and made it out of habit -- before checking quickly in the closets. No Riho. A quick peek into the bathroom yielded the same results.

Where could her daughter be? Fear was starting to creep in. Ai wondered if the last 12 years had been but a mere dream, and she had always been, and always would be, alone...

The hallway was silent as she stepped out. The pale light of false dawn seeped through the light curtains on the far side of the living area, and it was in that direction that Ai went, anxiety gnawing at her innards. All that worrying was making her hover perilously close to tears, and she felt a vast surge of relief when she caught sight of her beloved daughter asleep with her head buried in a pillow of her arms on the dining table.

She was about to launch into an automatic reprimand as she neared her dozing daughter, when suddenly Riho jerked up from her sleep with a wild look in her eye, turning this way and that in panic. Her initial words was garbled and murred by sleep, but Ai heard "Tanaka-san", "I'm not slacking off" and "please don't kill me", which was enough for her to fill in the rest.

Suppressing a chuckle that was half-hysteric from her sheer relief at seeing her daughter safe and sound, Ai reached forward and ruffled the unruly locks of her little girl, who blinked rapidly and craned her neck backwards to level an owlish sort of gaze at her mother. Ai said nothing, though she narrowed her eyes, waiting for an explanation.

"Ahhhh!!!" Riho shrieked in a most unladylike way, then blushed in embarrassment as she sprang from the chair, her hands covering her face. Ai tapped her foot impatiently, though her eyes strayed over to the table, where preparations for breakfast were halfway ready.

It didn't take a genius to put things together. Her daughter was obviously trying to impress her, and Ai only just belatedly remembered that today was Mothers' Day, so that took care of the 'why' of things. She could only hope that the kitchen was not...destroyed...like that one time, three years ago.

"Um, Mama! You just...sit down here first and I'll get everything ready in a bit!" Riho flailed about wildly, ushering (or kind of shoving, really) her bemused mother into her just vacated seat. Deciding to humour her daughter, Ai gave in with little resistance, wondering just what Riho had in store for her this time.

Her daughter always took these things so very seriously. Last year, she had put up a puppet show using the various stuffed animals as props. Her drama background really showed in the various voices she utilized for the characters in the performance. Ai had been heartily amused by it, and touched by the amount of effort her little girl had put in for her sake.

She didn't have to wait long. Riho must have had things all done already before deciding to take a quick nap at the table. Ai was inwardly tickled by the lopsided sausage grin underneath the googly egg yolk eyes on the plate shoved in front of her. It was just so...cute.

Best of all, it wasn't even burnt!

Smiling widely, Ai clapped her hands together with a quick "itadakimasu", her eyes flashing over to the visibly tired but gleeful Riho...who looked like a cat that got the canary. Ai wondered what else the crafty little brat had under her sleeve. Mothers always knew when something was up.

Under the expectant gaze of her daughter, Ai lifted a forkful of breakfast to her mouth, taking care to chew carefully. She was already inordinately proud of how Riho had taken the initiative to do this, and had few expectations for the meal...

...which, actually, tasted surprisingly good. Even if the sausage was a tad overcooked.

"This is good." Ai declared after a moment of contented chewing, which sent an expression of vast relief cascading through her daughter's face. Ai hid a smile at that. No doubt her child had practiced fervently to make up for the culinary accident that one time. Her Riho was a perfectionist, and it showed. Ai could understand. Failure was unacceptable, especially when it was through one's own faults.

Granted, it was kind of difficult to mess up eggs and sausages. Or toast. Unless you're just that inept -- which could happen! Ai only had to remember the fate of her poor frying pan to remind her of the fact. Personally, she was just happy that Riho hadn't burnt the house down in her attempt to fix breakfast this time.

Relieved by the approval, Riho settled down and started wolfing down her share -- elegantly, of course. Ai wasn't sure how her daughter managed to shovel all that food in without breaking her table manners. She knew she had taught the kid well, but really...

Ai tended to take her time with food, so Riho finished well ahead of her. The girl even obediently trotted over to the kitchenette and started washing the plates. Her daughter really was going out of her way to be the model of a perfect child. A warm feeling rose in Ai's chest as she polished off the last of her toast. Now, if only she could put in half the effort shown today on a more regular basis...

"How did you manage to wake up before me?" Ai had to ask as she brought her own plate over to the sink. Riho fidgeted nervously.

"I asked someone to give me a wake up call, actually." Riho admitted. Ai raised an eyebrow. Did Riho have a friend from school help her? That didn't seem likely. Her little girl was always so shy and awkward around new people, and she hadn't yet mentioned making any close friends at her new school yet. It made Ai a little concerned, but she knew she couldn't force the issue. It would happen eventually once Riho began to warm up to her peers.

"And I didn't hear it because...?" Ai might not be a light sleeper, but she didn't sleep like the dead. She was fairly certain she would have heard something that had woken her daughter, who did sleep like a log.

Sheepishly, Riho held up a bluetooth receiver. Ai's brows rose almost all the way to her hairline. She hadn't bought it for her, and unless Riho bought it herself...

"I borrowed it from Moriya-san. She's PLAY's manager." Riho had managed to involve more than just Reina into her scheme. It spoke volumes about her ability to convince people, even at her age. Then again, maybe it was because she was so young that they thought it was cute for her to be trying so hard for Mothers' Day.

"Thank you dear, it's very sweet of you to be doing all this for me." Ai said warmly, patting her daughter on the head before pulling her into a spontaneous hug. Riho leaned happily into her Mama's embrace, though she discreetly tried to dry her soapy hands on the nearest dishrag without getting anything else wet.

"Oh! I have something else for you. Hang on!" Riho bolted from the area the moment Ai let her go, and Ai shook her head gently as she dried the rest of the plates and put them back into the cupboard.

"Here it is~" Riho sang out, holding out a squarish object in front of her. Ai blinked before recognizing it as a CD.

"Oh? What did you get for me?" Ai was curious now. It was unmarked, so it couldn't be one of her favorite albums or the like.

"You'll know when you listen to it~" Riho was practically hopping from foot to foot, not quite bouncing but nearly so. Her expression was a mixture of excitement, pride, and a desire for approval. Ai hooked an arm around Riho's shoulders in an one-armed embrace as she headed towards the CD player taking pride of place by the TV on the other side of the room.

Riho was practically brimming with nervous energy, and it showed in how her eyes kept shifting. The fact that her Mama's arm was still around her stilled her a little, but not by much. She desperately hoped that her Mama would like the present. Discreetly, she checked her cellphone. She hoped her other present would not be late.

Riho knew she owed a crapload of favors to one Tanaka Reina right now, since her mentor had helped her so much, and was in fact delivering the last part of her surprise for her Mama right now. Riho had not believed it could be done on such short notice, but Reina had laughed when she heard her fears.

"There's nothing you can't do if you know the right people." Reina winked as she flipped open her cellphone. "And I just happen to know someone..."

Riho was eminently grateful. Reina was going to be due a lot of massages. And chocolate. Yes. Debts had to be paid back in full.

Ai instinctively felt herself tearing up as her daughter's voice flooded the room, singing what was obviously a modified version of a song she knew. She couldn't hold it in by the time she hit the chorus, and let the tears run freely. Riho wisely held out a box of tissue. She knew her Mama well enough to anticipate the reaction.

When the song wound to a close, Riho scuttled closer to her Mama on the couch, throwing her arms around her still-emotional mother.

"I love you Mama." Here Riho hesitated, trying to find the words to express her feelings. "That song...was how I really felt. You're the best Mama in the world, and I am so proud to be your daughter."

Ai really lost it then, bawling even harder as she clung to her daughter. Riho awkwardly patted her Mama's back, feeling the truth in her own words. She really was proud to be the daughter of Takahashi Ai. Even if it were just them against the world, Riho had no regrets.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang, and Riho had to extricate herself from the slowly recovering Ai, who was attempting to regain some form of coherency after the touching display. Riho loped over to the door with all the intensity of a panther on the hunt, opening the door to her partner-in-crime who came bearing the box that was the final part of the gift. They shared a mutual, conspiratorial grin before the visitor stepped in.

Riho led the visitor into the house, but not without a warning to not mind her Mama's current state. As Riho put it so very bluntly, "Mama cries at the drop of a hat. At least these are happy tears."

"Mama, look who's here!" Riho announced with all the guile of an innocent child, eager to please. Ai, who was drying her eyes and trying to regain some form of presentability, looked up.

And time stopped.

It might have been years, days, minutes or mere seconds later, but the silence was shattered, had to be shattered, and it was with muted voice and ashen face that Tanaka Reina said, strained.

"Ojamashimasu."

====================================================

For the song Riho sang, look at the lyrics here

I thought it was appropriate. :D

Also, the puppet show thing referenced? I totally did that with a friend on Mothers' Day, years ago. XD

And finally, ReinAi meet. What will happen next? What is Riho's last present (no, it's not Reina). Stay tuned for the next episode of MSF!

:lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
my goodness the cuteness never ends! X3 riho's so cute trying to please her mama like that!  :cathappy: i felt sad for ai when she started worrying about the last 12 yrs being a dream and feeling alone D: made me wanna just huggle her up.

lol at riho and her constant destroying of stuff XD how on earth does she and ai survive? XD the pupet show idea was ubber cute~ i mostly just drew pics for my mom and gave her a card ^^; mostly cus she ALWAYS woke up before me and like the only thing i could make in the morning was toast and like cereal XD

oh god the ending! the silence! poor little riho has no idea what she unleashed XD cant wait for the next chapter~
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
haha i guess riho likes to distroy stuff  :lol: awwww and riho trying to impress her mother is so cute and all the hard work for Riho to do it. ahhhh i wanna now what the present is  :panic: :banghead:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Wow Essy, is this the first time I've gotten to tell you that this chapter killed me with cuteness? XD Riho is so adorable, continuing to share a bed with her mother, going to such great lengths to please her and Ai has just reluctantly gotten used to everything. :lol: I love the little asides about Riho burning or breaking things, it shows that little miss perfect is still in the making.

And now Reina and Ai meet face to face! What will happen next!?!?!

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
one word:

KAWAII!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
That was so cute, the way Riho made breakfast, and the song, and the hugs, and the tears.... WAHH~~~  :wub: :wub:

That was so enjoyable, i was grinning like an idiot  XD

but then... DA DA DUM~~~ TANAKA-SAMA ENTERS :shocked :shocked
Wonder what will happen now... is reina gonna recognize Aichan?  cuz Aichan obviously did... AGH getting nervous!!!  :panic: :panic:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Izumi Tachibana - I`m with you