JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Tornado Surfer

Author Topic: 私のアホ家族(My Stupid Family)[24/6 - Chapter 25: A Series of Unfortunate Events]  (Read 93748 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Comment reply time~ Anyone miss me?

rndy: I refuse to write TakaGaki anymore. Well, mostly. It's over-saturated and TakaGaki is freaking everywhere. It makes me physically ill. :P But I still read good TakaGaki fics though. :D Anyway, well, evidence of past ReinAi closeness is readily available here. Riho shall remain young and oblivious...for now. :D Reina and Ai will simply have to resolve...whatever it is still simmering between them. Eventually. Hoho. XD

SarangAi: Yes, Ai was definitely special to Reina. Reina tends to obsess, you see. She can and will keep up a strong facade though. It's her way. How long she can do it for though, I wonder. XD

mmsuki: Sorry about the autotune mention? XD Trust issues will not be as...crippling...as in NR. Promise. XD I'm good at creating tension~ :P I love unrevealed pasts~ XD

Shiawase_Honoo: Everyone wants to know the past! :D

eruchan: I'm glad you noticed the parallel that Reina has with Riho in regards to their relationships with their mothers. XD

dark-atrox: The other gokkies will show up eventually. Don't fret. XD

gab98: Your comment confuzzles me. o_o;

oddball: Reina and Ai have a past, that much is obvious, yes. And you're obviously being cynical (with good reason!) about how Reina will deal with her trust issues and stuff. Then again I don't have a very good track record with writing ReinAi in such a situation. *points at NR and snerks* :lol:

aussie: Glad you saw the IN YOUR FACE evidence of ReinAi. XD Wonderbrat is still a brat. She will...be her bratty self. That is all. XD And I maintain that Sayu is evil but misunderstood. She's a lot nicer than she lets on. Doesn't change the fact that she's still evil though. XD I could write a whole different story for "12 years ago", but I druther not. :P

drac: GRAC YOU BACK!!!!!!! *inserts unicorns and rainbows* Boy am I glad to see you with your "many useless things to say". :lol: THAT PICTURE! SO MUCH WIN!!! Pedo!Sayu is beyond awesome. XD As for toddler with hairdryer, let's just say that Riho was an active child and Ai left her things around. Enuff said. Also, your animal pics are just so hilariously appropriate. I missed them. :lol: Yes, that is a Shakespeare reference! Fie, woman, disappear thou on me no more! :lol:

Time to edit and post. :D

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Here and There Again

The situation, Ai decided, was just a step short of surreal.

To be alone with Reina for the first time in 12 years, to be seen and acknowledged by her, and not have it de-evolve into a screaming match was something out of her expectations. That they were actually civil to each other, that Reina could actually be patient enough to not let her temper run wild (with good reason) -- all these things were more than she could ever have hoped for.

Though, to have her so close and acting so...detached was somewhat jarring. After the first, intense moments, Reina had retreated into her aloof image, haughty and untouchable. She treated Ai as if she were a stranger, choosing instead to focus on Riho. Ai noticed how Reina studiously scrutinized Riho whenever her daughter wasn't paying attention, as if trying to figure out something. Ai could have told her right out what she was missing, of course, but she had a feeling that whatever she had to say wouldn't be easily accepted, if at all.

And now they were out, all three of them, because she wanted to take Riho shopping. Riho only wanted to spend time with Mama, and Reina tagged along because Riho asked her to stay...and probably also because she was still waiting for that talk with Ai.

Right now, Reina seemed to be deeply immersed in a conversation with Riho while they browsed through a rack of clothes, with Ai tailing a step or two behind. Ai couldn't help but raise an eyebrow when Reina managed to talk Riho into trying on certain styles that she hadn't expected the kid to like. Then again, perhaps it shouldn't have surprised her, all things considered.

"Are you trying to turn my kid into a mini-version of you?" Ai commented curiously, stepping up to stand beside Reina, who was still browsing through the rack. Riho had disappeared into the changing room, and Ai couldn't pass up the opportunity to speak more openly.

Reina shifted slightly to acknowledge the added presence, replying tersely.

"Not my fault that's exactly the kind of clothes she likes. Don't you ever buy her anything she really wants?" Reina turned on Ai with a disapproving look over her shades. Ai tensed, her jaw locking defensively.

"When I can afford to, I do." Reina snorted, turning away.

"At least she still looks presentable." Ai half-smiled at that. It wasn't quite an apology, but coming from Reina it was practically conciliatory. There was a thin veneer of manners over that half-wild yankii brat she remembered. Perhaps less of a brat now, she mentally amended. There was a renewed sense of confidence and sureness in the way Reina carried herself, as if she had become more like the self she had exhibited in her younger years, magnified and expanded. Reina always knew exactly what she wanted and how to get it, Ai remembered with a small smile.

"If she comes out looking like a yankii I am so blaming you." The words left Ai's lips before she thought them through entirely, and she was rewarded with a quizzical eyebrow from her companion. She caught the edges of a smirk from Reina, and a hint of their old dynamic as Reina bantered back just as casually.

"Just for the record, I did not pick the colors." As if on cue, Riho emerged from the dressing room. Reina's smirk grew wider. Ai wondered if she should be amused or resigned, and settled with a small sigh. Frilly black lace, short skirt, some leather involved. If anything, the fusion had obvious influences from both women standing there.

"I did try to get her to wear pink..." Reina commented idly. "But she was quite adamant on the black. Not unlike a certain someone..."

The offhand remark coaxed a smile out of Ai, and she visibly relaxed for the first time since leaving the apartment. The comforting ease in these little interactions calmed her more than she imagined, and left her aching for more of their old familiarity.

"How do I look?" Riho asked with obvious anxiety, shuffling around nervously. Ai expressed approval, though Reina was a tad more critical. Fashion queen that she was, she demanded exacting standards, down to the last detail.

"Boots. Now." And they were off to the next store, burdened with one more bag. Reina paid for everything before Ai could even protest. When Ai actually did protest, Reina just gave her a shark-like grin and said that Ai could simply buy them lunch later.

For her part, Riho seemed simply too caught up with the momentum to notice the little byplays between her mentor and her mother. For which Ai was exceedingly grateful, for now. Then again, she was playing an excellent game of chicken with Reina, with them dancing around the delicate issue of them obviously knowing each other and not inadvertently revealing that connection with the barbs they traded as the day progressed.

Reina's almost sardonic "Takahashi-san" and Ai's primly correct "Tanaka-san" whenever they addressed each other in front of Riho verged on the realms of hilarity to those in on the game, namely only the two playing it. Reina's liquid amusement was evident in her attitude, only growing when Ai matched her blow for blow, never giving way or failing to return a snide remark that had significance to them alone.

It was almost exhilarating, in a way. Ai could not remember having quite as much excitement in her life since...forever. There was a scintillating sort of thrill in saying things that threatened to cross the line of revealing how well they used to know each other in front of Riho. Something about Reina made her feel oddly competitive, and she relished the challenge it brought.

If Riho noticed anything strange she did not let it show. Then again, in between shopping, snacking, and alternating between clinging to her Mama and Reina, Riho was having so much fun that she was barely aware that anything was amiss. She was just happy that her Mama and Tanaka-san were getting along. Everything would work out just fine.

The day flew past faster than any of them could have expected. Reina had ended up paying for the yakiniku they had for lunch, though Ai sneakily managed to pay for the Korean food they had for dinner. Though it must be said that Riho managed to surprise them both with ice cream somewhere in the afternoon. Never let it be thought that the kid knew not how to save.

Now they were at a cafe, and Ai was acutely aware that Reina was watching her with apparent amusement as she flatly rejected Riho's pleading for cider.

"No."

"But Mama!"

"I said no. That is final." Ai was very firm about that. Riho did not need the sugar rush at this hour. Ai vividly remembered an incident involving a Christmas tree, ribbons, and sparklers. Not to mention the alarms. Oh the alarms. Never again.

Riho pouted, scuffing the floor indignantly with her new boots. Ai ignored the outburst, knowing better than to indulge the tantrum. Riho was a good kid, but could be fairly bipolar when things didn't go her way. Ai shot a flat look at Reina, who was about to open her mouth.

"You're not getting it for her either." Reina's jaw worked silently for a split second, then snapped shut with a disgruntled sound. Ai did not miss the quick exchange of commiserating glances between Reina and her daughter -- one sulky, the other petulant. They appeared evidently wounded by Ai's actions. Ai had to suppress her laughter. Both of them looked like kids. At least Riho had the excuse of actually being one.

Dessert went by quickly, and Ai had had to intervene in the inpromptu parfait competition that sprung up between Riho and Reina. For the record, Riho won. Ai had to resist kissing away the pout on Reina's face, and resorted instead to babying her triumphant -- and suddenly sleepy -- daughter.

It was in the taxi, with Riho practically unconscious on her lap, when Reina finally broke the charade, never looking at Ai as she stared straight ahead, and said.

"You know, I thought I hated you."

Ai sucked in a deep breath, her hand stilling in its motion of stroking her daughter's silky hair. She kept her face neutral, but that pose was trembling.

"And you know what? I still kind of do." Reina admitted freely, leaning her chin on her palm as she stared out at the scenery speeding by. Ai sat mutely, not knowing what to say.

"You're infuriating, exasperating, and the most confusing person that has ever walked into my life." Reina turned her head slightly to look down at the peacefully sleeping Riho sprawled between them. There was a pregnant pause.

"That kid..." Reina let out a breath, slowly. "I don't know how or why, but..." There was a flash of raw pain in those quicksilver eyes, making Ai's heart seize painfully.

"I can see why you value her." Reina turned back to the window.

"Reina..." Ai began uncertainly.

"Tell me something." Reina said abruptly. "You were pregnant with her before graduation?"

Ai hesitated, then replied softly. "Yes."

Those small shoulders trembled faintly, so faintly that Ai thought she might have imagined it entirely. But there was no mistaking the accusatory note, the hidden hurt in Reina's voice.

"There was someone else then?"

Ai couldn't help the scowl that crossed her face, the affront and injury that remark did to her. Her reply was scathing and short.

"There never was."

The taxi slowed as they approached the Takahashi domicile. The sudden silence was deafening in the wake of Ai's declaration, only broken by Riho stirring at Ai's urgings.

As mother and daughter alighted from the cab, Riho waving a sleepy farewell to her senpai, Reina quite suddenly got out as well, rounding the back of the cab to stare straight into Ai's eyes. Confusion met wounded pride, and Ai's fists clenched briefly. Riho rubbed at her eyes sleepily, not fully aware of her surroundings.

"Don't lie to me." Reina whispered, her voice low. She seemed suddenly very small and vulnerable. Ai looked very tired in that instant, holding Riho's hand in one of her own.

"I've never lied to you, Rei." Trust me, her eyes begged. Believe.

Reina looked uncertain for a moment, then averted her eyes. Ai sighed, tugging along her barely awake daughter to walk past Reina, when the idol gripped her arm as she passed.

"I..." Reina hesitated, unable to continue, unable to decide. Ai shook herself free, gently. Reina let her hand fall, but her muttered words, tired and exasperated, were still audible to the retreating Ai.

"You're still so damn beautiful, Ai."

Ai did not look back. Moments later, she heard the door of the taxi slam shut, and the hiss of rubber on asphalt as it pulled away. Only then did she turn back, wistful eyes staring after the diminishing lights of the cab.

Only another gigantic yawn from her nearly comatose daughter managed to yank her from her reverie, and even as Ai shepherded her groggy daughter home, she wondered, not for the first time, how things had gotten so convoluted to begin with.

If only...Ai shook her head. Life was already full of sorrow, and she refused to regret the things long past. For better or worse, she was here. All that time had passed. They were all older, and not always wiser -- much to her chagrin -- but there was always room for hope.

Reina called her beautiful. Ai smiled. It was a start, maybe, to a healing.

She could only hope that they could all survive the truth.

==============================================================

Time to flop into sleep!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
You know, I never thought about RenAi until you wrote them. Because of Mini Moni, I was introduced to Ai, way back when, and so I've always kinda seen her, if not been an outright fan after Yossui graduated. Risa, has always kind of popped to me, and as such, is my current number one, Ai not far behind. Surprisingly, it's Reina that rounds out my Top Three in H!P these days. It's been a long time since the yonki heyday for me, a long time since Momusu's so called golden Age, but still, my fandom for these girls keeps going strong.

That being said, I really don't like RenAi pairings.

I blame you for this. XD

Was it Nocturne or Nanchatte Renai that turned me off to it, I wonder? Granted, I am a pretty hardcore Takagaki fan and I can (reluctantly) acknowledge the very deep friendship that Reina and Ai share, but I always feel that in most RenAi pairing stories, Risa gets shafted or portrayed as the annoying little cling-on with no more brains in her head than a stalk of corn.

So, even when I read a RenAi story that doesn't make Gaki out to be the bad guy or the annoyance, some of my old, I dunno, anxiousness? comes to the surface and prevents me from enjoying the story to the fullest.

Not to say that I'm not enjoying this story now, as much hilarity and drama has and will ensue, but it still doesn't make me want to see Risa pop up here any less, if only to put in more glow in the dark hair references.

Now, all that being said, onto my review.

*shopping and banter*
What better way to break the ice than with shopping!!

And banter! I really do love the way you described them dancing around each other, an interesting game of chicken. XD

Frilly black lace, short skirt, some leather involved. If anything, the fusion had obvious influences from both women standing there.
More Reina is the daddy references? I'm just waiting for the official announcement. I'm seeing lots of yelling and then, when Reina is accusing Ai of cheating, using Riho as her proof, Ai let's loose with the truth.

Something I think we can all agree on, correct?

Because I love you, Essy, I'm rooting for them to work it out. Only because you're the author, though!

REINA IS THE DADDY!!!!! :panic:

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
mmsuki: Sorry about the autotune mention? XD Trust issues will not be as...crippling...as in NR. Promise. XD I'm good at creating tension~ :P I love unrevealed pasts~ XD
:lol: just not a big fan of it! :P YEY!! happy happy sunshine.. XD hopefully.. :shocked yes!! you are painfully brilliant at it.. XD

Ai couldn't help but raise an eyebrow when Reina managed to talk Riho into trying on certain styles that she hadn't expected the kid to like. Then again, perhaps it shouldn't have surprised her, all things considered.
all things considered?.. considered what... what... :? grrr-rawrrrr.. :nervous

the ReinAi interaction during the shopping.. is  :wub:  XD..

Ai vividly remembered an incident involving a Christmas tree, ribbons, and sparklers. Not to mention the alarms. Oh the alarms. Never again.
:lol: just exactly how much of a klutz is Riho??  XD

Ai had to resist kissing away the pout on Reina's face,
ahhh.. alas for better judgement.. XD

*breaks the charade*
reading your fic always turns me into an emotional person.. LOL!! i seriously wanna cry... i hate you for that..  XD its just oh-so-awesomely written.. ;) definitely better and more effective than any movies or t.v. shows i have ever watched.. XD

It was a start, maybe, to a healing.
:cry: :thumbup

how about us?.. will we be able to survive the truth??..  :lol:

*ok.. time to go watch something happy..  XD
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:21:35 AM by mmsuki »

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
WHOOOOOOOO~!!!!
WHOOOOTTTTTSSSSS!!!!!!!

hahahahah. that was fun... reina and ai acting all the way
and our little riho being completely oblivious....

wub wub wub wub wub wub wub
it is really not my habit to quote, this is actually my very first time quoting something
but i just really have to quoteee!!!

YESSHHH!!! MOAR ReinAi!!!!

DAMN that truth! until now still unknown!
when do you plan to tell us author-san!
i'm also eager to leaarrrrnnn!!!

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
I'm with rndy on this: REINA. IS. THE. DADDY!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

This chapter just has the vibe of the long-lost daddy finding out about the kid (s)he never knew existed, and is having some bonding time......while shopping. I'm sure normally dads wouldn't really resort to shopping to bond with a daughter, but hey. Reina is just special like that :P
(Just loving it how I'm running with a theory that you could so easily overturn as the story progresses.....)

Following on from what rndy mentioned about the ReinAi relationship, about how they share a deep friendship. I get the feeling IRL, that Reina is not someone who opens up herself easily to anyone, but with Aichan she lets her guard down, at least a lot more than she does around other members, even her fellow 6th gen. And that she doesn't mind being babied by Aichan (at least, me likes to think XD). It made me think a bit when Reina expressed the view Aichan's graduation news was the most shocking of the all the announcements she has been through, even beating out the news of Eri's rather unexpected graduation announcement. That Reina's first reaction was to ask "What for?" when Aichan made her announcement, and that Aichan was unable to muster a response (source: Sayu's radio XD) and their manager had to intervene made me smile when I heard it the first time. Maybe that is my inner ReinAi-ism at work, but I found it to be quite telling, personally.

Part of the reason I'm sad about Aichan's graduation is that we won't get to see her interactions with other members anymore *coughmainlywithReinacough* :D
I'm also finding it amusing how I refer to Aichan as 'Ai' when referring to the fictional character, and as 'Aichan' when discussing the real person.

(Apparently Reina expressed her view the timing of the 10th gen audition isn't quite right with Aichan's graduation and 9th gen having just joined, in the DeView interview she recently did with Sayu. Another interesting point for me. Not sure if that will be in the article itself, but that was from the comments of the interviewer who did the interview).

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
OMG do i detect a ReinAi past?  Yes. Yes I do.  XD

So I was trying to predict some sort of happy explanation for everything such as Reina actually being the daddy, but then i realized we'd have to be in the WAY WAY distant robotic future to do that, and obviously we're not so... i chucked that weird imagination of mine  :lol:

But what doe it matter?  It seems like Reina's love for Ai is still too big for her NOT to give Ai another chance... and she seems to get along better with Riho every single chapter.   :wub:

can't wait for more~~~  :cow:

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
Oh!! This...is the chap I waited for!!! :w00t:

But when I saw anyone do the theory that Reina is the daddy,
I just remember to how Ai-chan mentioned to her friend: Konno
And she had told little Riho to not get something to eat in Konkon's kitchen :?

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
ah! mata RenAi da  :catglare: :catglare: :catglare:

I'm still rooting Gaki as the father  :twisted: though I'd say their bonding at the mall was cute  :cathappy:

PS: I want Sayu cameo  :roll:

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
The playful banter between Reina and Ai is amusing to read.. Though it's annoying how they try to avoid the issue..

I'm glad that Reina asked about Riho in the taxi.. OMG who's the dad if Ai never cheated? Reina? Or perhaps it's the product of Konno's experiment gone wrong? Or right?

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Interesting, even though Ai and Reina started off by being polite to each other for the sake of Riho it seemed that as the day went on they both began to act natrually and forgot their freindlyness was forced, natually slipping back to how they were....

Seems as though perhpas Reina still has the feelings she had for Ai all along, perhpas spending time with Ai has brought them to the front of her mind once more...

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
To be alone with Reina for the first time in 12 years, to be seen and acknowledged by her, and not have it de-evolve into a screaming match was something out of her expectations.
O_O This impresses me. Did Ai really think it'd be that way? Maybe that's how it used to be between them, but they've both certainly grown since... maybe especially her, now having 12 years of experience being a single mother and all. And hoping for? So she really wants to make up with Reina? ^^

And now they were out, all three of them, because she wanted to take Riho shopping. Riho only wanted to spend time with Mama, and Reina tagged along because Riho asked her to stay...and probably also because she was still waiting for that talk with Ai.
And a shopping trip too? That really is amazing. :lol:

There was a thin veneer of manners over that half-wild yankii brat she remembered.
If she was that much of a brat then why...? Oh nevermind. XD

As if on cue, Riho emerged from the dressing room. Reina's smirk grew wider. Ai wondered if she should be amused or resigned, and settled with a small sigh. Frilly black lace, short skirt, some leather involved. If anything, the fusion had obvious influences from both women standing there.
Somehow I'm imagining goth loli Riho here... :ph43r:

Reina's almost sardonic "Takahashi-san" and Ai's primly correct "Tanaka-san" whenever they addressed each other in front of Riho verged on the realms of hilarity to those in on the game, namely only the two playing it.
I'm halfway surprised Reina didn't start calling her "Takahashi-sama", knowing her yankii overuse of keigo :lol: Perhaps that's something else she's grown out of a little bit...

"I said no. That is final." Ai was very firm about that. Riho did not need the sugar rush at this hour. Ai vividly remembered an incident involving a Christmas tree, ribbons, and sparklers. Not to mention the alarms. Oh the alarms. Never again.
Sheesh. What the heck kind of child was Riho? Seriously! XD Or is this just a single mama's exagerrated memories? :lol: Also at Reina's amusement to it, well, she certainly has never been a parent. :lol: More like that supreme bachelorette Sex in the City-type woman...

Dessert went by quickly, and Ai had had to intervene in the inpromptu parfait competition that sprung up between Riho and Reina. For the record, Riho won. Ai had to resist kissing away the pout on Reina's face, and resorted instead to babying her triumphant -- and suddenly sleepy -- daughter.
Okay, well this certainly shows what kind of relationship they used to have :lol: :wub:

As mother and daughter alighted from the cab, Riho waving a sleepy farewell to her senpai, Reina quite suddenly got out as well, rounding the back of the cab to stare straight into Ai's eyes. Confusion met wounded pride, and Ai's fists clenched briefly. Riho rubbed at her eyes sleepily, not fully aware of her surroundings.
Reina's totally gonna slug her, isn't she? >.> If not, then she really has grown too...

But instead...

Awwwwwwwwww  :luvluv2:

So we're finally past this "first meeting" hump? :lol: Well at least nobody ended up getting slugged...

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
This chapter was everything I hoped for and more. It was heart-warming and heart-wrenching all at once- I had tingles. It’s been a good long while since a fic I read did that.

Ai noticed how Reina studiously scrutinized Riho whenever her daughter wasn't paying attention, as if trying to figure out something. Ai could have told her right out what she was missing, of course, but she had a feeling that whatever she had to say wouldn't be easily accepted, if at all.
I look forward to Reina’s interaction with Riho from now on. Much like Sayu’s unhealthy obssession, Reina will also probably find herself observing Riho and seeing Ai’s traits in the kid. Question is, will Reina see her own?

Or :lol:

I'm still rooting Gaki as the father  :twisted:

Reina might see everyone else in Riho just cause she’s difficult like that.

Whatever it is, Essy. Please never *EVER* use the “Oh look, the kid has a cat-shaped birthmark on her tush, just like mine.” plot device to have Reina discover the truth. I’d rather DNA testing. Maybe Reina could ask Konkon to do it.

“Rei, the truth is… Riho’s mine. Like, really just mine.”

I love how blissfully unaware Riho is throughout all this. I’d like to see a scene where either Ai or Reina tells Riho about the birds and the bees.

Edit: I forgot to mention.

So we're finally past this "first meeting" hump? :lol:

I totally read this out of context. My fevered mind is ecchi.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:40:03 PM by gracula »

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Dreamcato

• Only さ You
I don't know why, but something about this last two chapters reminded me Nanchatte Renai and Destiny Love.
What if .... Ai had to "sacrifice" herself by the sake of the kitten. Or maybe it's just that I'm a little traumatized by those fics. XD

Perhaps, traumatized is not the word that works there.

But, then...
Reina is the daddy!!
I agree  :P

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Look who's back! :D

rndy: Lol I feel singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the ReinAi fandom now. *feels guilty* I hope to repair it...somehow. XD I must say, Gaki really isn't my favorite in Momusu, and I almost dislike her, but not really. I just don't like her as much. But she has a lot of potential both in Momusu and as a character. I promise to give her a fairer deal from now on. XD And as you wish, there is much Gaki in the coming chapter. Ask and ye shall receive. I am a merciful God writer. *cough*

mmsuki: I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. And my writing in general. Hehe. Even if I do torture you a great deal. :P I like making people emotional! And this wasn't that sad, was it? :P

aya-chii: Yeah ReinAi dancing around each other is always fun. Little Riho might be a smart kid, but she's still a kid, and some things just completely fly over her head. She'll wise up...eventually. XD There shall be more ReinAi, given time. Patience. XD

aussie: I'm so glad to have a ReinAi supporter in you, I really am. We are the few and proud, I think. XD ReinAi isn't immediately obvious IRL, you get the sense that they have this deep bond, or had, even though they don't seem to goof around as obviously as the others do. Hell, we have more evidence of Ai hanging out with just about everyone else except Reina. It annoys me, but then Ai also has this habit of never really revealing the really private stuff. It might be inner ReinAi fan in my talking, but the more they have to hide, the more real they are to me. XD I'll settle for them having a high level of trust and a deep friendship if nothing else. The kind where you don't really need words. You get the feeling they really appreciate each other, since Ai likes how Reina is able to be so sure and honest about herself, while Reina feels like she can tell Ai anything (an interview a year or two back XD). But yeah, I tend to blur the lines when I write fic about them. They are a pairing near and dear to my heart. :)

SarangAi: This is fic. Specifically, this is Essy fic. I have an explanation ready for everything. All in good time. XD Don't worry about it. :P

Shiawase_Honoo: Yes, just follow that line of thought... :P

dark-atrox: You sound so disappointed. XD More Sayu coming up. I think she wins the next chapter, personally. XD You'll see why~

eruchan: Well you can't blame them for avoiding the issue. Riho is there, and this is their first reunion in like 12 years. Give them a bit of time to work things out lol.

oddball: You can't erase chemistry that easily. I went for years without seeing my best friend, and when we see each other again it's like we never left to begin with. The same logic applies, but with some awkwardness involved due to their more complicated past. XD

rokun: Oh mai, you actually commented. It's been a while. :P Welcome back. XD I think Ai didn't think it was possible to make up with Reina, but if she had the chance to, she certainly would want to. Oh and goth loli Riho? Totally happened IRL when she went on a shopping trip with Ai. XD Also, some of Ai's memories might be exaggerated. After all, some things might feel more traumatic to her than it actually is, since, you know, it IS her kid. Aren't you glad everything was so civil? XD

drac: I'm glad you liked the chapter. I was worried that it wasn't good enough. As usual. Lol. Reina will certainly have more reason to pay attention to Riho now. As you say, she's more than likely going to be able to see a lot of Ai in the kid. XD Don't worry, I don't intend to use that awful trope to prove Riho's heritage. Speaking of tropes, you're evil for linking tvtropes in your comment. EVIL, I say. And I like your fevered mind. It didn't occur to me until you pointed out the ecchi implications. Bad grac. :lol:

Dreamcato: Welcome to my thread! Glad to have you around. :D Don't worry, there will be a lot less angst, since MSF is not intended to have a lot of angst. So rest easy. *pats* Sorry for traumatizing you with those fics. :lol:

Well that certainly was a lot of work. o_o Long comments deserve long replies...*twitch* XD

Time to edit and post!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Encounter

If she had an option to never see another curtain for the rest of her life, she would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Niigaki Risa was normally a patient person. Scratch that, she was patient on her own time, not on other people's time. It was what made her efficient, since her drive to finish everything in the shortest amount of time possible made her more productive than others in the same line.

Detail-oriented and a hundred percent focused on tasks handed to her, she could somehow match the client's expectations to an overall aesthetic level that would satisfy her own exacting standards. Far from being obsequious like so many of her compatriots, Risa would not hesitate to tell a client when something would most definitely not work. Certain colours were never meant to go together, and if the client insisted...well, she wasn't the one who had to live with it after it was done. Though she would most definitely volunteer a "I told you so" to anyone who regretted it after the fact.

Currently, she was very seriously contemplating smashing her iPad on the nearest object...preferably over the too-hard head of her client. If she heard just one more word about the curtains she was going to scream. Literally.

"I really can't decide if I want them to be pink with white trimmings, or white with pink trimmings..."

Risa prudently decided that yelling at the woman to have both sets and alternate them would probably sound a lot better when not delivered at a screech. Taking deep calming breaths, and carefully removing herself out of range from any sharp objects -- the better to stab her client with, her mind added -- Risa mustered her most professional smile and composed herself to reply.

"You know, curtains are not a permanent fixture, so you could change your mind about them at a later date." There. She managed to even not sound too sarcastic. Way to go Risa, she congratulated herself, and discreetly massaged her temples to quell the building headache.

Indecisive clients were a trial to her, particularly on bad days. Picky clients were comparatively less annoying, provided they knew exactly what they wanted. Put those two qualities together and Risa was about ready to go into ogre mode and tear up furniture. It was a testament to her professionalism that she had held up for as long as she had.

"I suppose that's true." Her client conceded, browsing through a catalogue. They had just started a discussion about lighting fixtures when they were rudely interrupted by a loud banging at the door.

"Oh bother." Her client frowned, before pushing off from her beanbag chair to answer the door. Risa took the opportunity to take a sip from her lukewarm coffee, rubbing at her eyes as she muffled a yawn. Due to the hectic schedules of this particular client, this had been the only open slot that wasn't past midnight or in the wee hours of morning where they could discuss the layout of her new apartment.

Risa was used to irregular hours, but she had been run ragged lately, and would really appreciate having some time to herself that wasn't devoted to crashing into bed for the necessary 8 hours (or less) before having to be up and about again.

"What brings you here?" Risa raised an eyebrow, peering over the rim of her cup. The surprise visitor came into view only a moment later, and a second eyebrow flew up to join the first in its attempt to merge into her hairline.

Rubbing shoulders with celebrities wasn't an everyday occurence, though she had had her fair share of famous clients. She had very quickly gotten over dealing with one Michishige Sayumi over the last couple of weeks, but seeing a scowling Tanaka Reina in the flesh was...probably less impressive than it should have been.

For one thing, Tanaka was tiny. Risa wasn't very big herself, but the singer was a lot smaller than she looked on TV. Though the sense of her presence certainly justified her celebrity status. An aura of menace seemed to hover around the dimunitive idol as she stalked in, taking in the boxes stacked in a corner.

"Good, I thought you moved already." Reina grated, her eyes sweeping over the stock-still Risa, who suddenly decided that the best course of action would be to blend into the wallpaper for the time being. She dropped her gaze and pretended to be very interested in her iPad. There was something raw and oddly violent in that angry gaze, and Risa was quite keen on maintaining her state of health, thank you very much.

"And you still came?" Sayumi padded in lightly after her partner, arms folded. "What's gotten into you, Reina? You seem out of sorts."

Reina whirled on the taller girl, fists clenched as she gritted out.

"You knew she was back. You knew and you didn't tell me."

Sayumi seemed briefly taken aback, and her eyes seemed to shift around before settling into a cool mask. She appraised her cousin calmly, as if trying to weigh her response.

"I have no idea what..."

"Oh don't you give me that, Sayu." Reina cut in, folding her arms indignantly. "The way you've implied things whenever you referred to the kid, the way you always follow her around so creepily -- yes I know that was you." Reina threw her hands up in the air, her frustration evident.

"I know you, Sayu. It just didn't occur to me before without a reason to believe. But now I've actually seen..." Reina sucked in a breath, her shoulders tightening visibly.

"And you expect me to tell you, what?" Sayumi parried back immediately, not waiting for Reina to gather herself for another attack. The self-proclaimed ichiban kawaii idol suddenly seemed less like her normally bubbly self, and a lot more like the serpent she occasionally portrayed on TV. Gaki risked a look, but did not dare move. Some instinct told her to stay as still as possible while those two duked it out.

"You were in pieces after she left. You were the one who said that you never wanted to see her again when she didn't come back. Or did you forget already, dear cousin? How you locked yourself up and cried..."

"Shut. Up." It came out more like a growl than as real words, but there was no mistaking the intent. Reina trembled with barely controlled rage. "You have no right..."

Sayumi chucked lowly. "Oh, but I do." Her eyes glittered in challenge. "I gave you back your life. I picked you up when you were broken and left for dead, or did you forget? When you lost your pretty little head and decided that you could take on a bunch of gangsters on your own..."

"You go too far, Sayu." Reina said flatly. Her nails were clenched into her fists, and from where Risa was sitting, it seemed like she had already drawn blood. She couldn't tell for sure though.

"But you don't deny it." Sayumi picked daintily at a piece of lint on her sleeve, letting it flutter off with a breath. "I really didn't want to bring the past back to you, seeing how you always react so badly."

Reina twitched visibly, and Risa thought for a moment that she was going to attack Sayu. Her hand slipped discreetly to her phone. In case anything happened she could always call the police...

"I was angry back then." Reina admitted sourly, glaring at her smug cousin. She turned away, facing the opposite wall. "I don't hate her now. If I ever did."

"You've met then." This was not a question. Sayu studied Reina's back for a moment. "I'm surprised you're...intact."

"You sound so disappointed." Reina drawled. Sayu smirked.

"I was half expecting you to kill her actually. Or tear her clothes off. The fact that you're here all tidy-looking is out of my expectations." Blunt as always, Sayu never gave any quarter to anyone, cousin or no.

"Give me a little credit, I'm not a hot-headed brat anymore." Reina said with a half-smile, turning back to face Sayu, who answered with a sardonic smile.

"So says the one who comes barging into my house at such a late hour, demanding explanations." Sayumi tsked, waving a finger disapprovingly. Reina let out a short bark of laughter, her anger apparently fading, though Sayu still sensed a dangerous tension hovering around her cousin.

"Not so late I see, since you still have a guest." Reina finally acknowledged Risa's presence in the corner, and the interior designer gulped reflexively, wondering if she could walk out of the apartment alive.

"I'm sure Gaki-san is tired. Why don't you head on home first? I'm sure we can schedule another appointment." Sayumi's smile seemed almost too good to be true, though if the chill that ran down Risa's spine was anything to go by, it was far from friendly.

"O-of course. I'll forward you my sketches tomorrow, and you can tell me what else you would like changed before we proceed." Risa fell back on work to hide her anxiety, and managed to not fumble too much as she gathered up her things and prepared to leave.

She almost made it past the famous duo when Sayumi caught hold of her arm, leaning in with a too-friendly smile as she whispered.

"I'm sure you saw and heard nothing earlier, yes? It would be such a pity to have to find a more reliable interior designer who can keep her mouth shut." The taller idol let go of the petrified Risa. She was still smiling.

"Good night, Gaki-san. Have a safe trip home."

Risa all but ran out of the door. Before the door slammed shut, she thought she heard one of them laugh. Suppressing a shiver, Risa held her briefcase close to her chest, wondering just what kind of madhouse she had escaped from.

Celebrities. Not a sane one among them. Risa hoped little Riho was doing fine. She made up her mind to visit her best friend and her daughter. She had been neglecting her friends of late, and felt a stab of guilt at that.

Putting the incident behind her -- because nothing happened, not at all, no siree -- Risa started texting her friends, glad to have something other than batshit crazy idols to focus on.

It would be good to see her more normal friends again.

========================================================

Poor Gaki. XD Caught in the crossfire. XD

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. I know I had fun with it!

Also, please excuse any irregularities regarding the job of an interior designer. I'm just pulling stuff outta my ass for that one. XD If anyone knows better, you are free to tell me what they actually do. XD I would appreciate the input lol.

And off to bed I go!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
WHAT AN AWESOME CHAPTER~ :cow: i just love the fight between Reina and Sayumi i`ll give you credit for that and sorry for not commenting i just didn`t have any thing to comment on :nervous

and poor Risa must suffaire from Sayumi`s famous glare (i think :nervous) ahhh and some Takagaki :wub: (that will show up i hope and i guess it is but you now what they say about people who guess ..... they end up wrong hope im not one of does :nervous)

hopes for more ...... all ways do XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Gaki chapter? GAKI CHAPTER?!! :w00t: :w00t: I love you! Totally! Completely! You have made my day!

And not just because this is a Gaki chapter, but because it's YOU writing a Gaki chapter. XD

Well, okay, I guess it's not really a Gaki chapter, it's more of a "Reina confronts Sayu in the aftermath of meeting Ai through Risa's POV" chapter, but I'll take what I can get.

So, I have fully accepted the lack of Takagaki romance and have been much appeased by Takagaki friendship. Now, I think I can safely root for RenAi to work things out, as long as Ai has her friends to lean back on somewhere along the line. And there's more of Risa being intimidated by Sayu. XD

Have I mentioned that I really love the way you write characters? Cause, I do, a lot.  :wub:

rndy: Lol I feel singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the ReinAi fandom now. *feels guilty* I hope to repair it...somehow. XD I must say, Gaki really isn't my favorite in Momusu, and I almost dislike her, but not really. I just don't like her as much. But she has a lot of potential both in Momusu and as a character. I promise to give her a fairer deal from now on. XD And as you wish, there is much Gaki in the coming chapter. Ask and ye shall receive. I am a merciful God writer. *cough*
Well, as for my take on RenAi, that's just a Risa fan's view of things. :sweatdrop:

And I'm probably, okay definitely, biased in my fandom, but do you mind if I ask you why it is that you don't particularly care for the Gaki? Other than the whole "Takagaki saturating the market" bit? I am curious, and very glad, about how you didn't outright say you hated a person you've never interacted with on a one on one basis before.

I tend to feel a bit squicky whenever someone says, "Oh, I hate this girl, I hate that girl." Even though it has similar, if opposite, tones from loving a member. In fact, even though I shouldn't do it, I still say "I love this girl, I love that girl." I mean, they are pretty strong words, right? So even in the positive context, you shouldn't really say that about someone you only know superficially. Am I babbling? I'm totally exhausted right now, so I'm not sure if I'm making my point.

...What was my point...?

Hate and love, right? I've been trying to break myself of those habits of speech, instead of saying, I hate so and so, I try to say, "I don't really care for her." or "I'm not really a fan." And instead of saying I love so and so, I have been trying to say, "I'm a huge fan." or "ZOMG she's awesome saucem!"

Okay, now I know I'm rambling. Sorry for that. :sweatdrop:

Offline KirikomoriHime

• Mittsi Wota~
  • Member+
  • すべては愛の力 <3
Hello! This is my first reply on your story (yeah I just started reading today) and I have to say I really love it  :heart:

Riho is my favorite kyuuki... I love the character you give her in this story!  :wub: And I love tsundeReina! I have to admit the way you write her makes me think of a super tough badass biker chick. Which is not a bad thing! That's hot too~  :drool:

All I can really say about this last chapter is

"I was half expecting you to kill her actually. Or tear her clothes off.
Please?  :twothumbs

~ GakiKame, KameShige, TakaMitsii , JunSayu, YajiSuzu, MiyaSaki~

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Currently, she was very seriously contemplating smashing her iPad on the nearest object...preferably over the too-hard head of her client. If she heard just one more word about the curtains she was going to scream. Literally.
Even before you said 'pink', I already knew it was my future bride. Is this what they call romantic attunement?

"The way you've implied things whenever you referred to the kid, the way you always follow her around so creepily -- yes I know that was you." Reina threw her hands up in the air, her frustration evident.
What? Was Sayu in costume or something that Reina couldn't recognize her? Or was it because Sayu, despite being hidden from sight emitted a creepy aura so strong that even Reina could detect it?

Suppressing a shiver, Risa held her briefcase close to her chest, wondering just what kind of madhouse she had escaped from.
:lol: What a pleasurable rarity to have Risa entirely cowed by Sayu and Reina in a story. Congratulations, this is the first for me. I love it.

Celebrities. Not a sane one among them. Risa hoped little Riho was doing fine. She made up her mind to visit her best friend and her daughter.
1) Little Riho, you mean the one your client is perving over stalking?
2) Interesting- Risa, as Ai's best friend and doesn't know about her past with Reina.

It would be good to see her more normal friends again.
Normal is relative, Gaki-san.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Straightener - Tornado Surfer